Mario Kart is the only kart racing game left

what about the sonic kart racing games

At least there's one kart racer left.

RIP F-Zero and Wipeout.

That's not what normalfags like at all.

Sega hasn't made another one in literally 5 years despite how much people love the shit out of Transformed and that the most they made was in that time was Sonic Lost World.

Holy shit, I didn't realize its been five years since it came out.

There's Fast Racing NEO, which is pretty much Wipeout with Ikaruga's colour system. There's supposed to be a game called Redout, but I know nothing of it.
Is Need for Speed still good? It's published by EA, so probably not. also RIP Burnout

2007 was 10 years ago

FPS kiddies have been successfully shat on from all sides into submission and ridicule in the last few years. Now the market is full of all this pretentious and tryhard or Hollyshit reject wannabe shit with regressive propaganda.

FPS are no longer killing gaming. I can't even think of anything big aside from Cawadooty slowly sputtering out and Battlefield 1. As people tire of both strains of shit there should have already been a renewal of less common games for other genres.

I know. I'm happy, the great reversal is happening. Things are becoming great again!!!!

How good actually is Need for Speed asides from muh realism?

I never even touched the series because I owned fucking Burnout 3. I didn't need any other non kart driving game.

I only played NFS2, Hot Pursuit 2, Underground and Most Wanted, and they were pretty good. I'd say they were less about realism, and more about just being solid racing games. I used to play Most Wanted and Burnout Revenge in equal amounts, and that's really the only comparison I can make between the franchises.
If you want to play an NFS, get Most Wanted Black Edition 2005. It's on IGG Games if you're into piracy and interested. It's free-roaming, with a story mode involving beating a team of weirdos at racing and annoying the police.

Only muh realism racer I've played was Juiced, and that handled like shit

I wanted a sequel to Modnation Racers, but instead we got a Little Big Planet themed one which looked so lifeless I didn't bother to try it.

Modnation on PS3 was fantastic!

muh edgegames

Modnation Racers 2 never ever.

What? I remember loving Juiced when I played it years ago. Wasn't that the Xbox game that was all about using nitro strategically?

I just can't help but feel if you owned Burnout 3, you didn't need any other non Japanese made racing game that wasn't Crash Team Racing, period. Burnout 3 not only gives you the raw, commercial unfriendly unsanitized intensity of a street racing game, but also the satisfying brutality and destruction you deep down want to see from slamming another car up against a wall just to win a race.

7 is the worst Mario Kart in my opinion.

My issue with Juiced was that the cars handled really weird. Rear wheel drive cars felt like they pivot on the back axle. Front wheel drive cars had some turning issues too. 4WD ones handled well enough, but you didn't get them in the story until later.
Outside that, it's car customization was cool. I liked the different types of paint you could add, and the FMV conversations were a neat idea. It's just that the game felt it was fighting me every time I went into a race.

If you liked Crash Team Racing you might want to look into Diddy Kong Racing on the N64. It's what CTR was inspired by, and it has multiple vehicles and boss races. Only downside it has is that the cars are very drift-heavy, to the point that heavy characters spend the race going sideways.

Agreed. 7 is ass

Also 8 and Mkwii are better by comparison

If I could hack those two bullshit "features" I honestly don't think it would be terrible. Especially considering handheld etc.

Oh shit I forgot about the Wii one, all 12 fucking racers at once of it.

State how Double Dash is possibly a bad game.

So AI can just be shitty at times?

Compared to the great music, colorful track selection and layouts, smooth 60fps at all times, fun tag team mechanic that requires you to think carefully about what combination you make as well as the vehicle you choose and great roster.

Need For Speed was always about fast cars street racing, i don't get the whole realism-bit.

Racing-games have gone to shit when they realised they could instead of wasting money on a split-screen mode, they would force you to play online instead. The whole appeal of racing-games has always been to play against your friends.

That's why sport-games still are very popular each year. They are socially driven. Which racing-games seems to have went away from atleast from what i can tell. I was interested in picking up a racing-game, and all i saw was single-player with online-mode. They are shooting themselves in the foot with it.

That reminds me, I need to get good and play Sonic Allstars

Crash and Spyro never seemed like rivals unlike Mario and Sonic, so there's no excuse for this.

I still think cloning Takedowns from Burnout then innovating on strengths like what happened with Doom is the best way to go.

More people just need to somehow push back against paid features being prioritized before a actual quality.

I will. Thanks. I tried it as a kid, but the roster didn't do it for me since for one I never got to play Banjo Kazooie. I do remember planes, which were neat, but I probably didn't appreciate back then.

What's wrong with Mario Kart Wii? It's pretty fun and it's got so much fucking content especially with custom tracks and mods. I'll agree MK8 is underwhelming aside from muh grafix.

Blue Shell is completely fucking busted in Wii for starters and you'll see 3 at minimum not even playing online, let alone with hackers.

I think the worst thing I hear about the game is that the item RNG in this particular insallment is full fucking retard and alone breaks entire races with everyone spamming Golden Mushrooms, Blue Shells, Bullet Bills, Power Stars and Triple Red Shells.

did either of those ever cross over with jak and daxter?

You didn't even mention that all of the new items they added were pretty fucking useless and annoying. None of them have returned since.

>POW Block, you thought Lightning was annoying? Well this cunt fucks over everyone in front of you by causing them to spin out, lose speed and drop there items. The only way to avoid it is either be in the air (stunt ramp) or jump at the right time. An easier to perform (and less situational) maneuver is to waggle (Wii remote) or press the D-pad (GCN controller) at the right time will cause a spin out and item drop but no speed reduction.

I want an ultrafast parkour racing game. It'd allow for a lot more movements that a racing vehicle wouldn't be able to handle, like wall-jumping and crouchsliding.

But if you are on a 4 wheel cart, you're fucked so bend the fuck over.

At least in Mario Kart 8 they sort of balanced the blue shell bullshit with a giant horn.

No.

You knew what OP meant but you still decided to be a queer didn't you?

I know some anons even before that were already adults, i wonder what they're up to now. I'm sure there's some oldfag who came to 4chan really early on and is now on his 40s.

Holy shit, that sounds wonderful.

WOW FUCKING INNOVATIVE GAME

End of an era for fun racing games

I played Burnout Paradise recently wanting to get back into racing games and that and NFS most wanted were the only racing games I had at the time. Burnout is arcadey fun, the cars have lots of control and smashing stuff is fun. EA Need for Speed by the burnout guys feels like a trash Burnout. You don't have enough control where you can go retarded and drift corners going full throttle but enough control the fact the cars don't crumple like in Burnout just means you can just drive by rail like a retard. It's like it but that shitty middle ground between an arcade racer and a race sim that isn't fun. The AI still drives like Burnout which is retarded since crashing into other racers does next to nothing, boost is harder to come by, going fast doesn't feel fast except for having to slide corners since you won't turn fast enough. There's no direction, there's few cars to unlock and the stats don't seem different enough within class to make you want to change cars from which every you think looks good and the races so bland you've played the whole game after a half hour it feels like. Get Burnout, get old NFS, get some fun shit, fuck EA for killing one series and making the other try and be a shitty version of both.

The only MK games I played were DS and 7. All I remember from DS is that it had a bunch of unique characters like ROB, unique vehicles like a fucking crane, and some kind of event mode where you could do things like race a giant goomba. Nothing even remotely similar was in 7, it just feels like a soulless barebones game by comparison. Gliding and water physics also don't change much other than allow an occasional shortcut, or make the physics worse, respectively. Gliding physics are also unnecessarily realistic in a game where forward momentum just vanishes into thin air if you get hit. The most I can say against DS was that having to do that snaking thing was just a recipe for carpal tunnel and it's not something you should have to do constantly.

I'm sorry you also suffered playing Criterion Need for Speed. It makes me disbelieve people that say Need for Speed was good.

Yeah, another big fault NFS MW had was the whole map is the western half of Paradise but longer. You know, the long roads with less variety than the city half of the map, but NFS took out what little variety and interesting stuff there was out in the hills, which doesn't matter anyways since the races are directed, so even if there were three different roads all leading to the same finish and you knew which was fastest, it doesn't matter, the race says you take the long way so you take the long way. That's if they made the map that way, but again, the roads rarely cross so taking a different route being faster is never going to happen. Shortest route being obvious since if you turn, you're not coming back to any road you turned away from for something like 10 miles after driving around a mountain or fenced of desert or forest. It's like EA specifically directed them to make the blandest version of Burnout Paradise they could think of and to make it even bigger so there's more bland nothingness to hate.

TL: I've never played Wipeout

This reminds me.
Why fucking make a street racing game if it's a shitty highway racer where you'll be going straight forward 99% of the time? I think it's because the developers of games like this are jews wanting to make shekels and lifted highways require the least work to make.

Maybe the good people at Criterion jumped ship when EA made them start making Need for Speeds, leaving only hacks?

I can't fucking stand the FAST shills, they constantly insist that their garbage game is a suitable alternative to the death of F-Zero and Wipeout.

Racing in Mario Kart is Progressive Stack: The Game.

The only thing the series has going for it is the battle mode.

I never felt any pain in my hands quickly pressing left and right. But yeah, DS is a fucking outstanding handheld game.

LittleBigPlanet Karting is still really good and a worthy sequel to Modnation Racers.

Ratchet is in Jak X and Jak is in Ratchet: Deadlocked. But Crash and Spyro never crossed over except for having demos of each others' games in their own games (which you needed a code from the manual to get).

No, nothing after CTR and Year of the Dragon count.

DKR was very, very much improved with CTR. DKR is good, I personally just beat Adventure mode again this week, but without the drift and boost mechanics, it just feels like a much more shallow game. Also it doesn't have nearly as much variety in weapons. The different kinds of vehicles are cool, but really the hovercraft kinda sucks and when you get the choice you'd always pick the car or plane over it.

DKR came out before Banjo and Conker. Those games were spinoffs of it. All the characters were original except Diddy and that one guy who was supposed to be a Kremling (who was still actually new but at least he was meant to be part of a faction that was old).

Sonic R is as close as you're gonna get. It has some of these basic ideas in it, but they aren't as developed as you'd want. Also it barely has any tracks. But it does have the best soundtrack of all time.

Since they were too stupid to put CTR on the Crash collection coming out, and too dumb to put Jak X on the Jak collections for PS3 and Vita, they should rerelease them together in a pack. Maybe with Ratchet Deadlocked, the other forgotten semi-spinoff.

Not even close.

Didn't that game specialize in making your own?

It's pretty different from MK though.