Sega

Is Sega the least shit big vida company? Is they're any dirt on them?

Sega has made mistakes in the past with they're consoles and how Sonic has been mismanaged over the years. but how much have they done that is legitimately scummy? Am I naive and Sega was/is worse then I think.

I messed up that MP4 I meant to post this Webm.

A lot of sega's old missteps were for a greater good in another sense. Basically everything they've done can be traced back to doing it out of a love for games and wanting to see the medium grow into new, exciting territory.

I guess so

I dont consider them a "big" vidya company anymore. As far as bug goes, MS Sony and Nintendo are all thats left. And Nintendo is the only one of those that isnt irredeemable dogshit.
Sega died a hero before it could live long enough to see itself become the villain. theyre just kinda "there" now. Sonic mania looks good though.

they have very kikey DLC policy and they support denuvo, so no

PC gamers aren't human, anything that happens to them that is bad is a good thing. commies of the gaming world.

You consolefags are the ones that queue up for rehashed bullshit like slavs in a bread line. We of the master race spit on you console proles.

I'm pretty sure they hire non-whites and women.

Would you two take this tired shit to reddit? This place is idort only

I thought we left dipshits like you guys back at cuckchan, console wars aren't even worth it

i need to shit on the condiments, they are so easy to mock and their skin is so very thin

Why don't you try posting on topic instead?

Your first post was good but that pic is Garbage. I don't know what your trying to prove by posting that shit.

They refused to bring most of their 2D games for the Saturn over to the US because some guy who worked at Sony(and was fired because of his profound incompetence) told them to.

it's a need to mock condiments every time they show up. One I love to scratch

Double dubs speak truth

I'm just genuinely curious. I have nothing but the fondest of memories when it comes to Sega. it seems too good to be true for me.

im loving yakuza 0 right now. i was an autistic sega fanboy when i was a kid. its made me love sega all over again.

and trump was there for the genesis reveal.

sega should make a single player focused console without any gimmicks.

Best Company.

you need a company to fawn over so or you can't keep on living? all companies are out to make money, all companies would sell their loyal fans for money, you get nothing for liking a company. appreciate the product and not the people making it.

They had a few interesting events. EA fucked them over on the Genesis by making a workaround for the lockout chip and threatening to release it if SEGA tried to stop them. There was also the fact that they forced games to have a SEGA mention on boot, so that if a bootlegging company released a game on there they'd be forced to infringe trademarks or something. Nintendo did it too which is why all Gameboy games start with the Nintendo logo going down, and I don't think it held up in court.
One of the guys behind Sega went on to make Leapfrog, which is that company that makes consoles aimed at kids. I don't know anything specifically bad about Leapfrog either.
I don't know whether to be sad SEGA isn't in the console race anymore and we're stuck with Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, or happy that SEGA isn't stuck in the current console industry.

What? Why wouldn't I appreciate the people who make the things I enjoy.

you seem to be well aware of when they fucked up, but they are also responsible for introducing analog components into inputs, supporting a wide range of input methods such as mouse and keyboard on the saturn/dc for specialized games, having netplay that still works to this day on the saturn due to its peer to peer functionality, being way ahead of the times with daytona usa being a joint engineering project with lockheed martin that showed the world just how important 60fps is. Oh, and also 8 players. They gave junior members free reign to produce and get development green lit much easier which led to groundbreaking projects that became the best in the genre like the panzer dragoon quadrilogy, JSRF, Segagaga, and other insane decisions.

I mean jesus, Yukio Futatsugi was 23 when he directed panzer dragoon. What can you say you accomplished at 23? Can you see any other company in gaming giving permission, funding, marketing and everything to a brand new team led by a total kid newbie to work on a project for your next flagship console to produce a launch title?

for a company founded by jews in hawaii, when they hit Japan they were doing some really interesting things.

SEGA's failings:

They did a lot right, very right, but you can't finish a marathon if you shoot yourself in both feet and one hand for good measure. Modern SEGA doesn't have the talent that it had back when it was king, so I really don't know what they can even do, besides hire the best shitposters possible to run their Twitter accounts.

that kike faggot bernie stolar is to blame for the saturn being a disaster in america. in Japan it was rightfully competing with the PS1, and leaving the N64 in the dust.

Sega's dirt is less about them screwing over their customers and more them screwing themselves, especially in the rivalry between Japanese and American branches.

For example, Sonic Xtreme might have actually come out for the Saturn, had it not been for Yuji Naka accusing the team of stealing code from Nights and making them redo the entire game in the boss engine, after they made a different one to handle regular levels.

because they don't give a shit about you so why should you give a shit about them. they want your money and they'll do their best to get the most money out of you. besides, the company isn't the one making the game. it's the people in the studios they own. when those people leave, so does the quality you thought was associated with the name of the company. if you need someone's dick to suck, find the people actually responsible for the game i.e. studio and project leads and so on instead of the conglomerate they belong to. the name of the company is not an indication of quality. this retarded adoration of companies is how we got to where we are. learn from the mistakes.

sonic xtreme was a pretty bad idea anyway. The saturn had a killer library by 1996 and it was up to SoA to bring that shit over. They never did, and kept trying to keep the sonic xtreme dream going when in reality the project had flashing signs early on to have a better line up and not rely on an experimental flagship.

As he came into the window
It was the sound of a crescendo
He came into her apartment
He left the bloodstains on the carpet
She ran underneath the table
He could see she was unable
So she ran into the bedroom
She was struck down, it was her doom

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie?

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
You've been hit by
You've been hit by
A smooth criminal

So they came into the outway
It was Sunday, what a black day
Mouth to mouth
Resuscitation
Sounding heartbeats, intimidation

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok
Are you ok, Annie
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok, are you ok Annie?

(Then you
Ran into the bedroom)
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom)

(You've been struck by
A smooth criminal)

Okay, I want everybody to clear
The area right now!

Aaow!
(Annie are you ok?)
I don't know!
(Will you tell us that you're ok?)
I don't know!
(There's a sign in the window)
I don't know!
(That he struck you - a crescendo Annie)
I don't know!
(He came into your apartment)
I don't know!
(Left the bloodstains on the carpet)
I don't know why baby!
(Then you ran into the bedroom)
I don't know
(You were struck down)
(It was your doom - Annie!)

Dag gone it - baby!
(Will you tell us that you're ok?)
Dag gone it - baby!
(There's a sign in the window)
Dag gone it - baby!
(That he struck you - a crescendo Annie)
Hoo! Hoo!
(He came into your apartment)
Dag gone it!
(Left the bloodstains on the carpet)
Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!
(Then you ran into the bedroom)
Dag gone it!

Aaow!!!

O.K I can appreciate what your saying.

For what I've been reading lately, Sega pioneered in many gameplay features as well:

http:// segabits.com /forums/index.php?topic=1381.0

The one that surprised me the most is this one:

Impossible. The internet told me Kojima invented stealth games and he can never waste money ever.

Oh I know it. Word is, he was installed by Sega of Japan to get back at that FOORISH BAHBARIAN GAIJIN who made SOJ's executives look like retards, after the plan to pack Sonic the Hedgehog in with the Genesis to move systems paid off, and won SOA majority control of the US market. There was much ass-reaming in the SOJ boardroom after that mess.

Which SOJ obviously was retarded. The market data from the NES bundles should have been pretty fucking conclusive you'll move more base units even with the most modest of software bundled with said units.

The only thing I could think of was calling pirates fags in an old Sega Genesis PC collection disk.
But they also gave full documentation and instructions on how to inject roms into the emulation sofrware on the disk

SOJ refused to do this because Sonic was their new hot property, and giving away your best product was ludicrous to the mind of the corporate samurai.

In the land of FREEDOM, it fosters a shitload of goodwill.

Oh yes I remember hearing about that. That is pretty Retarded.

Would you stop.

I'll stop when he stops stealing other people's ideas like the hack he is.

I am reserving judgement on their acquisition of Amplitude and how Endless Space 2 comes out of Early Access.

You can't own ideas faggot

No honour among thieves.

Kojifags please.

What?
Nigger one is a James Bond film the other is fucking Mad Maxx in Russia

I've never played a Kojima game, I'm just telling you that you can't own ideas and that you're a faggot for thinking you can

What?
Oh wow, he stole the word Snake. Wow, such a hack!
Big fucking deal, he wouldn't be the only one who back in the older days stole likenesses.
Only absolute morons do that and you can't fault Kojima for that.

I think the heads of the company when is started were pretty scummy. The company as a whole is just fucking stupid and made bad decisions.

Snake Plisken is sent in to stop a terrorist takeover or he will die of a disease they injected him. He even arrives by being shot out of a submarine. Come on son.

The character snake called himself PLISKEN. You'd have a case to argue if they didn't take the name word for word.

"It's OK when Kojima does it!" Gas yourself weeb.

Not when he basked in it. "A Hideo Kojima game, written by Hideo Kojima and touched by Hideo Kojima. Hideo Kojima."

Also Kojima got caught stealing the MGS theme and almost cried when he got caught.

Do you really think that concepts are property you fucking retard?

Again, bitching about a name being taken.
I never even said it was a bad thing to use inspirations. I don't give a fuck if a character likeness is inspired or was directly taken from some real guy.

So he either:
1. Accidentally made a theme song similar to a russian classic
or
2. He was secretly inspired by it and made a modern cool version of it.
I am ok with both of those possibilities because i don't really find anything wrong with them and before you start crying about ''stealing and pretending like he doesn't know", did you not take into consideration that he wasn't the one who actually made the soundtrack? It very possible that the theme was inspired by the classic but it inspired the music artist, not Kojima.

Sony lets all of them on two console for two generations and they sell like hotcakes. Fast forward to 2015 and the same is happening on DRM Steam.

Why don't they understand anything? Huh wait I must now watch TV and pay attention to sports scores and celebrity gossip.

I know this is bait, but come on.

Most of those points are the left running the show when it comes to media, and being COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH with people.
And then you find most of them are literal child molesters and pedophile-apologists. Christ.

Reminder that Isao Okawa so loved games, and so loved Sega, that he nearly bankrupted CSK in order to forgive all of Sega's debts to their holding company and gave almost $700 million of his own money to ensure that Sega would smoothly transition to a 3rd party rather than sinking with their hardware. And when the last Dreamcast rolled off the production line, he laid down and died of a broken heart.

There needs to be a statue of this man holding a Dreamcast and pointing to the sky in the lobby of every Sega office building.

In all seriousness, it was only that retarded Eurocuck that inexplicably spewed that. Every other retard spews about being under the age of consent in the west automatically being pedophilia.

Just as easy to stomp. Also, making female characters sexy or sexual in the first place is even more so.

Just keep fucki spreading that hateful sentiment.

No most of my points are japanese exec thinking americans won't like/are too stupid for anime crpgs when we actually like anime crpgs and out IQ mean is brought down by niggers who won't buy any videogame at all.

I'm referring to the censorship of even simple JRPGs with sloppy localization, and much of the shit that kicked off after Gamergate got rolling.

I met that guy, he's really nice.

700 million was a lot even back then. Surely there was a better way he could have spent it to at least keep sega in the console business.

Them taking down the Streets of Rage remake was kinda shit. As for the distant past (or, like, over 17 years past) Bernie Stolar fucked over the Saturn in the US.

Make Sega Great Again. Daily reminder that Gearbox Software stole money from Sega during the development of Aliens: Colonial Marines and used the money to give paycheck to Anthony Burch.

Double dubs speak the truth.

I hope you stupid fucking niggers get lynched or thrown in the gas chamber. Fuck off to Reddit, niggers.

Out of all the Shitty things Gearbox has done Aliens: Colonial Marines has to be the worst they down Right stole money, Falsely advertised the game and then Randy said that's how all games should be advertised.

Fucking up Duke was bad but ^ That shit ^ unforgivable.

It's already a guarantee

Still waiting for a western release. Fuck the western market, 30 fps and action games that is handicapped and plays like in slow motion.

They were pretty incompetent for a while, there, especially with the sonic series. They've improved dramatically, though. I mean, we're even getting Yakuza games again, how sweet is that?

weeb scum will do anything to bitch about muh filthy gaijin.

I don't think it was Sega's own fault that the Saturn turned out to be such a shitshow. Sega mostly did nothing wrong. Personally, I blame Yuji Naka for the Saturn's downfall. When Sega Technical Institute was making Sonic X-Treme they tried to use the Nights engine for development but since Naka developed the engine and didn't like the fact that some gaijin studio was using it, he threated Sega that he would resign from the company if STI used it.

Without the Nights engine, Sonic X-Treme production was fucked and without a true Sonic game to get people interested in the console, the Saturn was fucked also which of course led to the Dreamcast being fucked in the long run.

Yuji Naka's ego killed Sega!

You have no right to bitch about the western market. Learn Japanese and/or import right now!

That's not why Sega failed with the Saturn. Not a primary reason, anyhow. The Saturn was absent from American (not sure about Europe) store shelves long before a Sonic game could even have the chance to be developed. The problem with the Saturn was that it was released on the same day it was announced at E3, but in order to keep it under wraps, Sega only delivered shipments of the Saturn to a very select few retailers - who ended up monopolizing sales the first six months. Similarly, almost no games were produced aside from in-house titles to reduce the chance of leaks. So for those first six months it was on store shelves, it had no games.

The hype immediately deflated, and having thoroughly pissed off most retailers, could not get units back into stores even when new units were produced. To say nothing of the $399 launch price, which was absurd, and offered Sony a prime opportunity to upstage Sega with not only games and a presence on store shelves - but at $100 less.

There is, and it's common knowledge to anyone who was alive in the 1990's.

Although they always had solid hits on the arcade side of business, their console business was poorly managed.

1. They released two additional add-ons to their Genesis console that were expensive as hell, cumbersome to operate, and the software were cheap and forgettable FMV games.

2. In the case of the 32X add-on, it was released right on the heels of the Sega Saturn, which meant that Sega marketed, sold, and abandoned a hardware platform all within the course of a year.

3. They try to design a CD-ROM based console with originally no intention for 3D games. When the competition showed off their hardware, they mad-dash back to the development floor and quickly hobble together a mess of a hardware architecture that was hard to develop for. The end result was the Sega Saturn, a console that was a $400 that was easily out-performed by a $300 console down the line.

4. Their poor business decisions caused longtime partner EA to forgo any business with them for the Dreamcast. This was one of many factors regarding the Dreamcast's failure.

5. The Dreamcast itself wasn't a failure, but since it was evident that the PlayStation 2 had a much stronger consumer support base, Sega dropped it and the console business entirely simply because their previous business failures had made it impossible to put up a fight anymore.

Sega was a blatantly more anti-consumer company than what we're experiencing now.

Border Break came first. You yankees deserve their mouth full of jew shit. Pay your gaming toll, goy.

Weeb, they are arcade online only games.

He needs to make Sega great again, too.

Yeah not giving SDKs but any but a very slim few in Japan month before launch shot them in the foot. It was hard to dev for even with the tools and the dev computers that cost a lot more than computers today and they got them LATE months and months after the console was even out. Sony had them out before their console came out so why would devs care. The Saturn for as cool as it was turned out to be a disaster at first by rebounded in japan to eventually get trounced again by Sony.

mfw

I wouldn't say anti-consumer, but the constant power struggle between SoA/SoE and SoJ caused them to make some business decision that made it hard for a fanboy to defend them at times.

They never had any draconian 3rd party exclusivity contracts the way Nintendo did, and they stood up for gamers against censorship during the congressional hearings. Albeit, they did it purely for marketing purposes against Nintendo, and they did really start the whole console war bullshit (or at least threw napalm on the fire) with their aggressive ad campaigns.

Nah… getting a decent Sonic game for the system in 1996-1997 would have done nothing to save the Saturn.

Consumer trust in Sega was in an all time low after how they managed the 32X and to a lesser extent the Mega CD.

Also, the surprise launch announcement of the Saturn in the US made a lot of the biggest retailers get mad at Sega for not receiving any stock to be ready for that day.

I knew very well that Sega was going nowhere in the 32 bit competition when my favourite Sega magazine published its last issue in January 1996.

I don't know how biased Console Wars is, but by its telling, Tom Kalinske and Sega of America built the company up from Master System nothing to 50% marketshare against Nintendo–finishing up with Sony banging on Sega's door to make the Segasony Saturnstation–and then Sega of Japan got super buttmad and envious about SoA stealing their thunder, so they started throwing their weight around and completely fucked everything up.

I'm young so all I remember is the golden age of them taking risks and publishing games likes Yakuza, Bayonetta, Binary Domain and Rhythm Thief, followed by the dark years where they refused to localize anything that wasn't Sonic or Football Manager and games like Shining Resonance got locked to JP, also banning foreigners they found in Phantasy Star Online 2 and shit, they were complete fuckwads.

Now we're in an age where I'm not certain, Yakuza is certainly flowing at unprecedented rates and a new Valkyria Chronicles spin-off/reboot/??? is coming west but I still can't bring myself to forgive them for all their shit.

Guys, please stop fighting, this is no way to treat each other, consoles are good and PCs are good, fighting won't do anything good

Nigger, I know Kojima is a Westaboo, but MGS 3 is a Japanese game.

Sorry what

You forgot to mention
6. Sega stretched themselves so thin at one point in the mid to late 90's they concurrently manufacturing eight different pieces of hardware. ( Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, 32x, Game Gear, Nomad, a Jap only edutainment console marketed at toddlers, and they were still manufacturing Master Systems for sale in the third world)

If they port Shinobi and Nightshade to PC, they'll be less shitty.

Reminder that the surprise launch was an EB Games and Toys R Us exclusive which caused KB Toys to drop Sega products completely, and they refused to stock Saturn games for the remainder of the generation.

Did Tom Kalinske have children? If so, give Sega of America's presidency to any of them and let them make Sega great again.

Top B8

YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE PC PORTS
WHERE ARE THE PC PORTS, SEGA

SEGA were based pre-crash, but the Sammy buyout they lost a ton of developers. They haven't been great since around 2004. Still put out some alright games every now and then though, but they're more of a publisher these days, sadly. I would love to see the return of '80s and '90s SEGA, but alas.

Also, fuck Sony. The fact that two non-game devs (Sony and M$) have come to rule videogames really grinds my gears. The console market should've stayed Nintendo vs. SEGA, you know, companies who actually make videogames primarily.

Is it even possible to port Bayo and Vanquish? What engine were they on?

Sega is almost entirely at fault for debacles like Sonic '06 and Boom. Sonic '06 is a perfect case of a game that could have been good being screwed by the publisher when they forced the devs to rush it out the door long, long before it was ready. There are plenty of good ideas in there, but Sega didn't even give Sonic Team enough time to dummy out the unfinished portions. And Boom seems like a very similar case, showing that, although they seemed to learn their lesson, with Unleashed being very polished, when Generations got people singing their praises again, they got cocky and pulled the exact same shit.

Plus, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, despite being one of my favorite games, is literally one game for the price of two, and one of the most jewish stunts ever pulled in video games.

At least S&K also lets you play Sonic 2 as Knuckles you have to admit that is pretty sweet.

Yeah that's what sold me on the game back when it came out, but it's still incredibly jewish.

They are literally one of the biggest DLC whoring companies out there.

Remember when they pioneered DLC with the Dreamcast and had it all free?

Has there been any update from them on those PC ports? I just want Yakuza, Bayonetta, Vanquish, and Anarchy Reigns not another fucking Sonic port.

Here is what we know so far.

Sonic '06 wasn't rushed, the problem was its lead developer quit and half the project team was split up so they could work on Secret Rings.

Also, Boom was shit because it was outsourced to ex-Naughty Dog people, who've never made a single good game.

That was the developers they outsourced to, not Sega;s fault directly

Any of you niggers ever go to sega world? I loved that place.

There was some deal in Epcot in Florida. It was pretty cool at the time. It was basically pizza vendors and sega saturns with virtual on in them. I don't think you need anything more in life though.

I agree. Windows/DOS PC or a Commodore Amiga with a Nintendo or Sega system, or both was fucking based back in the good old days. Sony was actually pretty good until after the PS2. They fucked it all up.

the amiga had no games worth giving a shit about. you were better off with a windows machine for the odd game here and there like doom, quake, and duke. otherwise there wasn't much worth the time.

Windows/DOS machine had quite a few good games for it, if you knew where to look. Plus you had the internet for game guides. If you had an old dial up modem for old BBS boards, you can download SNES or Sega games on a floppy then use this Chinese pirating device to play the games on the consoles.

You have a CD burner/DVD burner on your PC for a modchipped PS1 or PS2.

Fucking fun times.

it's just first person shooters, rts games and wrpgs. Frankly if you didn't have a snes, saturn, ps1, genesis in the 90s, you kinda had dick all.

And what's the problem with those games? You also had Papyrus Racing games, the original X-COM, Sierra Adventure games, and a back catalog of DOS games. Quake also had online multiplayer back in the day. Something consoles didn't have back then.

I had both consoles and a PC back then, I was perfectly fine.

Yeah what a shame about sony. The last good console they made was the PSP. If they would come back and make a great platform next time that's good enough for me. I don't think consoles will ever be back even if you play it right because it's too expensive and takes too long to develop HD AAA games. Lots of devs will make cheaper lower poly games on portables though.

Still wasn't worth it. Barely anyone had it or used it.

Can me make Sega great again?

Your dubs indicate so.

No-one can make Sega great again, apart from the mismanagement of creative assembly and not bringing much of their games to PC platforms they are pretty cromulent, and they will remain this way until the end of time.

Maybe it can be saved if a bunch of really skilled anons come together and take over the company from the inside through politicking (with or without guns)

sucks that someone had to point out that is was a ripoff of the Russian composer because I really loved TAPPY and want a remastered version.

Sega doesn't need saving.

You didn't know it existed til now.

I forgot about it

AFAIK, that's pretty much what happened and the Americans are the ones who are unfucking SEGA.

And remember, this was a time when Japan could be seen as doing no wrong in the business world, and lots of American businessmen were reading books on Japanese business practices either to gain inspiration - or out of fear that the Japanese economy was going to swallow the West.