Comedy vidya

I'm looking for games that have humor to them. Been playing pic related and even though the humor is random and usually crass I can't help myself from smirking or laughing all the way.

Threads of Fate is a hilarious game if you're playing as Mint. One of the funniest moments is when you're trying to scam a pawn shop owner out of a rare gem called a cannon orb. So you lie about using it to cure your fathers cancer and the shop owner calls you on your bullshit on the spot.

"HEY JOEY, FUGGETABOUTIT"

"OKAY!"

portal

Ratchet & Clank is pretty funny while actually still being a good game. Jak & Daxter as well to a lesser degree, mostly because of Daxter.

GTA is pretty funny when it wants to be.

Punch Out gets racial humor better than all those racist as fuck SJW comedians Comedy Central keeps trying to push.

Borderlands

Probably pretty obvious, but both have dark, scatological humor. Postal II is more about being offensive, though.

Shit like Nanobreaker and God Hand are amusingly cheesy.

One of the games that gets you to genuinely laugh.

The Phoenix Wright series and Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga have made me laugh the hardest to my recollection. The Thousand Year Door is pretty funny too.

I've got some yuks out of Lisa the painful
Also No More Heros has it's moments

Do you know about emergent gameplay?
Let me introduce you to emergent comedy

and yes the online still works

Earthworm jim

You should definitely also play Monty Python's Complete Waste of Time and Take Your Best Shot from 7th Level

Getting Up has some good stuff. The protag has a feud with a gang early on in the game, and spends time going over all their stuff to make them look bad.
Unfortunately there's no way to get a good look of the last pic, so an unfinished one will have to do

Man, Postal 2 was fucking great. As a FPS it's a little bit cluncky, but as a sandbox-esque comedy game it's fucking amazing.

I love the fact that every thing you have to do you can do without killing anyone, but it's so fucking obnoxious that you just give up halway.

Also the quotes are really fucking hilarious.

I never did find out what a "clavichord" is.

Which one is the Simpsons of videogames?

You mean besides Borderlands?

LISA is pretty funny.

But The Simpsons used to be good.

First bordlands game was pretty neat for the time, but it's aged about as well as a dog turd in a ziploc bag.

The humor was never good but for a co-op game I had some fun.

LucasArts adventure games with comedy elements.

But good Simpsons is still good, it's just the newer shit that's bad. Good stuff doesn't "age badly," that's just what people say when they jump on a shitty bandwagon and later come to their senses.

I still like the original Borderlands.

Ross, is that you?

I miss the guy who would stream and host Jackbox

South Park: Stick of Truth was pretty fun if you like juvenile humour while them shitting on every fantasy-trope there is.

Marlow Briggs has cheesy one liners while being a legitimately good game.
Magicka had its moments. Don't bother with the DLC or 2.

>Pokemon Sun/Moon, to some extent. That fucking fire trial

Never played the game besides watching a clip of Life is a Stroke parody, but I fucking love the film.

Only two Simpsons games (three including Simpsons arcade iphone version) were good.

You mean the main director who became a feminazi because he couldn't get out of the "Point and Click" genre?

Where's the mallet
you're supposed to have a mallet
what are you stupid find the mallet
The mallet!
THE MALLET
THE MALLET
THE MALLEEEEET
COME ON
FIND
THE
MALLET

Is there, or will there ever be a game with Arcade America's style?

Which one is the Family Guy of videogames?

By Simpsons of videogames you meant use to be funny but got too preachy then became worthless and generic?

Maybe Tales of? But I thought the racism was cool because it dealt with people's lives and showed why hate exists and wasn't preachy like "they're brown skin so ugh racism".

Postal 2's great although Apocalypse Weekend is garbage, thankfully Paradise Lost was worth the 10 year wait.

one of the best translations ever

Hows the PC version?

xbox version also has exclusive content + dlc. play that version

bump

The Monkey Island games, when Mr. Shitface was a little more tolerable.

How can you niggers forget about Leisure Suit Larry?! The LSL1 remake is actually pretty good.

KIMONO OR KISTEREO??

(really though jazzpunk was pretty gud)

Overlord games.

Telltale, especially if you include LucasArts.
Sam and Max Season 3 was abysmal.

Most hentai games.

How does one get Arcade America running on modern pcs? A VM?

Comedy and games don't mix, because comedy relies on careful timing to pull off the jokes - which isn't possible when you had the controller to a player who's just going to fuck off and do their own thing out of order. At best, you'll get a few zippy one-liners and popculture parody/references.

The only genre comedy works in, is adventure games, because the extent of the player's interaction with the world is clicking item on background pixel to initiate a scripted sequence - at which point the game takes over to play out the scene and the timing can be controlled.

Why is this misinformation so prevalent here? Monkey Island was Ron Gilbert's game, not Tim Schafer's.

Probably The Simpsons Game.

Also on playstation

Most of the simpsons games were a hit and miss, but if you're referring to the good ones:

which game you mongoloid?

Hit & Run most likely

Loom comes to mind

If the weirdass FOV would be easier to fix, and you could sprint diagonally, and you auto-looted ammo and money from the ground, like 2 and DLC-quel, I'd like Borderlands 1 a whole lot more. Not saying that 2 and Too are great, but for gameplay, they beat the first game handily. It's just that everything else makes them terrible. Like having a car that gets 120 miles to the gallon, but is covered in furry art that cannot be painted over, or some shit.

Pic from my alternative universe