Battlegrounds

Time for some multiplayer fun anons. Anyone fancy playing? Can use the base vanilla game, or use Expanding Fronts, whatever works.

Go to the share thread archives. It's in there.

Gameranger, unless someone has a better suggestion.

New mod that adds (apparently) a fuck ton to the game for use in multiplayer or the scenario editor. They took out the content from skirmish for some fucking reason though.

moddb.com/mods/star-wars-galactic-battlegrounds-expanding-fronts
Grab either auto or manual install, then use the patch.

If you use EF though, have music in the sidelines ready to play, since it doesn't have any in-game either for some fucking reason.

well what else would you play? custom campaigns?

I could never get over the fact this game just played like an albeit good, Age of Empires II mod. Everything about it was just far too clunky and actually a bit annoying.

How do i defeat an army of invisible Jedi when they're got all the relics?

It's been many years since I've played, but don't bounty hunters detect invisible units?
Shame on you, user.

And I'm pretty sure a single jedi can kill a single bounty hunter, because they easily raped my arm,y of them
Instead i decided to construct those shitty flying cannons from the not-castle/fort
Unfortunately the bounty hunter moves to slowly to actually target any significance mass of them and i didnt build any anti-air defenses, which is why i got raped by invisible jedi and anti-air fighters

Same. The flying units were really clunky too.

I remember when this came out and we mocked it, because it was so retarted (AoE2 with star wars skin). And after two decade here we are…

Fucking Holla Forums!

sure thing fam

Reminds me of shit like Freelancer

Dude, hold your fucking horses! There were other forums arround 2001 and the net was pretty lively during that time too! Or you think cool cats hang only in here plebbit? Plus i couldn't speak english in 2001. Not like i can even now…

Plenty of shit which was mocked back then became a classic. Even in here! The most painful example? Oblivion

Gas yourself anytime retard.

Couldn't they find a good franchise to make a game with instead?

What about a Senate game, or any of the interesting custom MP maps?

Newfag

EF has a new game mode called Blast League. Looks interesting, but outside that, I have no clue of any of the custom maps. I'm good with any recommendations.

I remenber doing custom scenarios about wars between Wookies and Gungans, and exterminating each other. Creating a wookie gulag for gungans and then killing them was the shit. The inverse was almost the same fun

Fag detected.

Why not play Empire at War instead?

Because Empire at War plays more like an RTT

Fair enough

Fuck off kids!

No, you should fuck off. There's no "we" nowadays. There certainly wasn't "we" in 2001.

THATS A VAMPIRE

Look child, i understand you was nothing but a fever dream back in 2001, but most of the people already played videogames in 2001. And this shit was already good damn outdated when it came up.

If you were talking about other forums, why was Holla Forums the one you mentioned in the post that kicked off this shit show?
Drop the fucking damage control

Oh come on!
I even v my last sentece for the whole post! How underaged and uneducated faggot need to be someone to not see this?!

*separated
*sentence

The only underage faggot here is you. Try not to be so obvious next time

Congratulation fags, you dragged me down to your own level and i lost the game. Jesus!

There must be other mods on other RTS engines for Star Wars. Genie is just incapable of doing it justice. The flying units are a joke, they just hover and shoot like helicopters.

That's not the point, they handle like airplanes in the movies for a reason, it's cooler. Having an x-wing or TIE hover and shoot is lame.

Well there was Star Wars Rebellion, which was a real time 4x game.

And here I was getting excited for that mod OP posted.

You could try contributing instead of feeding the blatant redditor attention.

I've never played this game in my life but I really like AoE2 style game and the like like Age of Mythology, Empire Earth and Cossacks, shill this one for me.
What are the factions?
What are the units?
How are the maps?
Any aerial unis?
I'm seeing two Acclamator ships on the OP image, are they of any use, or just props?

It's still possible to play user.

I don't see how that's a bad thing.

Empire, Rebels, Gungans, Wookies, Trade Federation, Naboo faggots. Expansion adds Republic and Confederacy. Mod adds Zann Consortium from EaW expansion.

About what you expect, troopers, AT-STs, etc. Every AoE unit replaced by its Star Wars counterpart.

Alright. It's random shit, or what I've played so far anyway.

Transports, bombers, fighters. I want to say capital ships as well, but think that was the mod as well. Rarely use the shit.

Props. Probably a unit added in EF though.

Damn, the variety of factions and units along with the existence of mods is already reason enough for me to get it, thanks user.

Any of you fags ever play this?

Gameranger is an option, right? We could hit this shit up sometime this weekend, I'd love to try out the new units.

Gameranger works fine. If using EF, need to rename default .exe with EF one, but that's about it.

I have no idea why my game is as fucked as it is, but not only did I have to manually apply the EF mod and its latest update, Gameranger is also bitching about invalid executables no matter what I do. Got any scurvy help?

Archive in share thread has GoG release. Uninstall your version, reapply it. Auto installer works with it, but still have to manually patch anyway.

I played that when I was a kid. It was fun enough at the time, but looking back it was kind of basic.

I'd join. I'm Western USA time though, dunno if that is a problem.

Okay nvm, my installation was just fucked up because of some previously installed widescreen patch. Looks like I'm all good to go now on all fronts including Gameranger, vidya when?

That's two then. When niggers are set, will host the gameranger shit. Unless everyone's a burger, then someone else would probably be better off hosting.

I'm ready when you are.