10 of the 12 top sellers on steam now are DLC

10 of the 12 top sellers on steam now are DLC.

Wow DLC is so cheap and it expands the horizons of my gaming experience, what's not to love!

So?
We've established this already: Steam users are fucking normalfags who will waste money on anything.

I stopped using steam around the time they invented cards.

The real question is are any of them actually expansion packs? I love a good expansion pack but hate low energy DLC.

Expansion packs don't exist anymore. They 'evolved' by being padded out and turning into "whole" games instead.

You mean season pass. Get with the times, gramps.

Welp, time to get back to work doing my best to fix this shit.

??????

>90$

Hey wait a minute. I was about to say that you're full of shit but now it's changed for me now. But it's still different than what you've got.

Is steam this fucking broken?

Tell me Todd's! Tell me sweet little Todd's!

'the fuck does steam have 3 completely different Top Sellers lists? What's Gaybend up to?

jeez
what a list

See

Although Steam searching steam store has always been cancer ever since they forced down everything that's "popular" instead of actually giving you the ability to search for what's new.

I could understand that, but there's three. Global market, local market, and ??? market? What's the third one? It also would explain why the DLC list has now disappeared for me. Steam is in worse shape than I thought, and I already thought it was fucking trash.

Local Market = what is popular in your geographical region, I imagine they would base it on IP range offering hundreds of lists.

I believe that was actually deliberate. Valve have deliberately made Steam unwieldy, hard to navigate and literally one giant ad after ad for game along as a source of datamining.

I know what a local market is user, that's not what I'm asking. If there are three lists, one is global market presumably, the other is local market presumably, so what presumably is the third list for? I don't have two IP addresses, so it can't be two local markets.

The Jewish Market

YOU FAGGOTS READY FOR THOSE THREE FULL NEW GAMES FOR VR BY VALVE?
HALF LIFE 3 VR BAAABBBBYYY
RICOCHET 2!!!

woo hoo

Smells fishy.

Did you check the actual reviews?

Just get Nioh-wait

The more recent ones are mostly negative and contain explanations. I can't explain how the rating went up so fast at all.

I can, reddit gobbles this shit up

Similarly a game like Eternal Crusade had it's ratings jump from 50% to 70% on the day of release. Either devs themselves have a mechanism to instaspam tons of positive reviews or the score is completely rigged.
Not the first time I see this score jump on release day.

Eternal Keksade was actually a good example of how the ratings get "rigged" and it was literally the fanboy brigades getting together in full swing and posting immediately. If you notice a lot of "postive" reviews are often posted literally 5 seconds of the game being launched by ravenous fanboys and it happens for a lot of games on mass. It's cancer but it's nothing new.

So?

What kind of shithole do you live in where your local market caters with DLC instead of games, OP.

No one liked the Beta and yet normalfags all bought it because Ubi was smart enough to pay e-celebs to shill for it.

i didn't realize it was out of beta until this post
i've heard plenty of complaints and even though it sounded like my kind of game i didn't bother because uplay

Why do pc gamers make such shitty purchasing decisions. Hurr heres 20 shitty indie games i never heard of but its like 20 cents a piece for 15 dollars I'll never play any of them, look at me having so many more (shit) games than everyone else

Lets not pretend this is a platform specific issue, most people are plebs no matter the platform. Also the steam lists ignore the AAAs that are always the best selling games on all platforms

steamspy reveals much more unflattering information about the tastes of PC gamers.

Wait, you're telling me that Steam is cancer and used by retards? What a shocking revelation.

PC is not immune to the normalfag infection that has taken hold of gaming.

what kinda fag would actually pay for that?

Coldplay's mothers?

Well DLC has only been around for about 12 years so it's no surprise that it still catches you off guard.

Wow people like a game and want more of a game big surprise wowo hot opoijnon xdD

fuck you imbecile, I hope this is bait. There are some really good dlcs out there which actually provide more content and story or quests to games but 99% of them is just kikery, like new ebun units (read: reskins)

So then don't buy them?

Humans have been taking advantage of each other since there were 2 humans. Do your own research and buy what matters to you.

and I forgot to mention DLCs which are obviously cut from the main game, on disc DLCs and day one DLCs, so dont give me that crap about "pipls just want moar of a gaem!". And dont worry about me I dont buy them, its the retards who by buying this shit send message to more and more devs that this sort of jewery is okay.

that's because your country inhabitate cucks.
change it to global top sellers

yeah nah

Besides, the dlc was only there once then it vanish after a refresh. Shit's weird.

But it's a lose-lose system for consumers.

If a dev or a publisher takes their game and cuts shit out of it, they get more products for less work. If you assume the cost of dvelopment (everything before final sale), they essentially create product that had no associated cost and turn only profit.

Here's the thing though, if the base game sells enough to recoup or make a profit, all of the dlc is profit too. It doesn't matter how many people buy that dlc, it's just money, so in turn it doesn't matter how much it sells; just that it sells at all.

I don't know how it would be possible to convince a company anywhere in the world that this is a bad decision for their business.

Calling people retards because they like a game (and not necessarily the decisions to cut that game) is just making enemies out of people that could very well be on your side.

In short, if the decision between something is "cut up thing" or "nothing", enough people will take cut up thing. All it takes is enough to do it again.

DC Universe online is pretty fun. I don't own any of the DLC packs, but if they went on sale, I might want to give them a try

there is a simple solution : if you know your game is being cut down to hell and back dont buy the base game. And your logic that companies make money even if they cut the game and sell it by parts is flawed, look at the recent sales of Deus Ex, it sold like shit because of their policies, and obviously because it was a short game with more DLCs planned for the future

Fractional reserve game development.

Global, local and personalised. Bear in mind OPs screenshot is from the front page where anything you mark as "not interested", own or may otherwise be automatically excluded due to historical preferences.

I am the OP.

I have actively said not interested in all the games the dlc are from prior to this, except the pinball one.

Besides, it changed to another list of games after a refresh shortly after posting this thread.

I gave up on Steam. The platform is fucking garbage. 30 pieces of shovelware a day. I'm not sifting through this shit.

Why is GTAV $75?

There should be a website that uses Steam achievements to compile embarrassing statistics about Steam gamers. For example, the current global stats for Dragon's Dogma:

Ausfag prices.

the only use i can see this having is for review copies, so you can see which reviewers actually bothered to play the game before writing their review.

I need to get back to playing Dragon's Dogma
It scares me cause each time I try to play that game I end up playing it for 16 hours straight

Opinion, not fact.

Praise kek!
Yeah, eat shit.

I just wanted to let you know this is the worst post I've seen in a long time.
Please try to keep it from happening again.

You are the cancer that's killing Holla Forums. Filtered.

You do math good

Here's your (you), you got me to check and reply to call you out.

It's dippin'.

Dubs of obviousness won't go unchecked.

Sort of like how Shopping malls are deliberately designed to be labyrinthian so patrons would get lost in it and have trouble navigating their way to the exit.

We already did this remember? And it was proof that 0% of Rome 2 reviewers got past 3 hours in the game, or even played past turn 10.
Anyone have that image?

Oh wow!

Melborne

Actual PC gamers are the minority on Steam. Valve and blizzard have fostered a community of ultra plebs; subverting the PC community and eliminating any semblance of identity. Games for windows live could have been in its place and we would have the same problem.

I know I got bored out of my fucking mind before the big city.

This applies to a number of games on Steam. Most people pick up a game on sale or in a bundle that they have barely any interest in, and many end up never even launching the game. Seriously, go look up the achievement stats for RPGs. Less than 50% of players have finished the first main quest outside of Goodsprings

It's even worse that there are literally communities that exist only to collect games and never play them.