CEMU General

1.7.1 Edition
So it looks like we're getting MAJOR performance boosts in a lot of games, some as high as 20fps
Also they fucking finally fixed the bloom and a lot of texture bugs
How is the WiiU so easy to emulate while the PS3 and Xbox 360 are not?
When will they release the source code?
Netplay when?
All these questions answered in the new CEMU General!

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiuusbhelper.com/
wiiu.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Did they fix the audio in XCX yet?

We can see the bloom is no longer blinding and the texture and lighting quality are way up

PS3 is getting there, actually. I'm able to emulate Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F with minimal issues on my laptop.

Wii U goes off the same architecture as the Wii and Gamecube before it. It's why Wii emulation proliferated so well just when Gamecube emulation was really getting good. Wii U emulation is only going as slowly as it is basically because it's not being handled by Dolphin autists, who could very readily use the underlying Wii/GC emulator as a base.

Never, and depends entirely on how well they can spoof things like the Splatoon matchmaking servers.

The PS3 is a decade old console user, the WiiU is not, although supposedly the WiiU CPU is literally 3 Wii CPUs strapped together

Also, the PS3 has "the power of the Cell" or whatever the fuck that means.

Anyway, it's complicated.

It makes me wonder why the Dolphin guys just don't add WiiU support, its literally all the same architecture, right down to the fact they both use 750CL cores

Does anyone have the 3D World wud?

Try WiiUISO, thats where I found 3D World in Loadline format

Not a clue, might be something they're actively working on but aren't revealing for all I know.

Huge texture quality and accuracy improvements in MK8

Maybe, those guys are seriously fucking wizards when it comes to programming in general. We may never get a more talented group of developers working on an emulator that we have with Dolphin ever again

WHERE'S THE FUCKING SOURCE CODE?

It's pretty sad that it took CEMU for my 2500k to finally start showing its age. At least Ryzen is coming out soon I suppose, but it's too bad CEMU doesn't really benefit from more cores.

The drivers are Windows 10 exclusive and both AMD and Jewtel are being paid out the ass by Micro$haft to do it.

I would like you to try to explain to me what you think this means

Drivers don't work like that, retard, Microsoft just isn't supporting newer architectures on older Windows versions, that doesn't mean they will not work. Its a scare tactic to get businesses to upgrade their versions of Windows if anything
Besides, I use Windows 10, using it wont kill you
Anyhow, man this game is fucking gorgeous

Ah yes I forgot, I can't ever upgrade again because everything requires Windows 10 now. Suppose I may as well forget about it and keep giving Nintendo shekels instead right?

It means no official support or optimization for anything but Windows 10 when using said CPU.

>>>/cuckchan/

One of them was doing the exact opposite of shilling for Windows 10, shoo.

What the fuck do you expect me to do, just stick with my obsolete hardware because at least IT works on earlier Windows versions? And don't even get me started on Linux.

trophies are no longer niggers
2nd pic is what used to happen

Just get the newer hardware and install Windows 7, there's no reason it shouldn't work

If you're still autistic and unsure about how well Windows 7 supports your shit or whatever, then get Windows 8.1 and install classic shell on it or something. AFAIK Microsoft is NOT dropping newer hardware support for Windows 8, just Windows 7 and older

Is this at a full 60fps or do these filenames lie? I have pic related but I haven't messed with WiiU emulation yet.

Emucucks find a way to lower the bar every time

There now fuck off with this forced meme.

Congrats retard

So sorry to hear about your shit taste user, maybe you should just kill yourself now and get it over with.

git gud

Sure thing lad, I'm the one with shit taste

What if I want to emulate bad games because I hate myself?

t. asshurt consolefag
Why don't you tell us what superior video games you play instead of being a contrarian fuckboy?

Is it likely that further development of the emulator will allow me to play all games at 60fps? Or do you think it's high time to ugrade if I wanna keep up with it?

How do you control the games without a gamepad? Do you have to get a pro controller or something?

It's full 60 but I get drops now and then. Skylake i7, GTX 970 and 14GBs of DDR4 by the way

The dynarec is still single core. All they would need to do is make it dual-core like in Dolphin and you get a massive speed boost

Have you ever used an emulator before?

yup, but the wii u and lots of its games depend on the gamepad so I'm assuming it's not as simple as just using an xbox controller? does it emulate the touch screen and you have to click on it?

You switch to the Touch Screen by hitting Tab, you control it with the mouse

GR8 EMULATOR M8
Totally a viable alternative to softmodding a Wii U as idiots continue to imply. 😂👌

Low energy.

The reason why thats happening is MK8 grabs font assets from the WiiUs OS. No WiiU OS, no fonts, no text.

It is if you dont own a WiiU

So close user, I feel you

Breath of the Wild won't be even close to playable on CEMU for at least a year.

Ffffff.

ah well, later then.

Delicious buytwink tears.

Good thing I'm not an autistic NEET and i have lots of things to do in the meantime.

Yeah, we all have our backlog to work on.

why is the focus down there in that image

Because he wants to know what Yoshis eggs smell like ha ha.

documentation leak for the wii u, low level system information has been revealed on the wii u shortly after launch, ps3 and 360 not so much.
never, they would be directly targeted for lawsuits.

Reminder that people are now ok meaningfully better models nowadays and that the Pro is selling more than the Slim.
Reminder that Microsoft/Xbox is going to do the same and that Nintendo will do the same with the Switch.
Reminder that there are console only faggots that defend this and still complain about computers having a variety of hardware.

Source code coming never because it likely uses stolen code.

On the lead devs computer obviously
Good luck getting it though

What's the point of modern consoles? The PS4 has been out for three years now and all its got to show for it are two worthwhile exclusives, both Souls "clones". The XBone has nothing and the WiiU was put out of its misery by Nintendo.

What manner of idiot do you have to be to invest into a modern consoles when they all fail at having any of the advantages consoles enjoyed over PCs?

AMD claimed they would write support for W7 themselves, I thought.

I think it's safe to say you don't know anything about the system. You might want to save yourself from talking about things you don't know anything about.

It's a niche, but the Wii U is great for couch coop. Nintendoland tries that asymmetric multiplayer thing they were teasing, and it works well. Mario Kart 8 supports a fuckton of controllers. Sm4sh supports up to 8 players as well as a fuckton of controllers. If you go to vidya get-togethers a lot, or have children, I could see the Wii U have some use.
Also people have hacked the PS4 and installed Linux, then Steam, so if you know how to do that you can turn it into a shitty, expensive Gabecube. At least then it has more than 2 games.

I own a PS4
He's right, the PS4 really has no games, not for the amount it's sold anyhow. You probably don't have very many consoles and thus have no proper way to measure a PS4 against consoles with actual libraries

still no bayonetta 2 fix

The game itself runs fine, they just need to fix the audio backend

Out of all the reasons this isn't the most likely user, pretty much every emulator out there uses stuff they shouldn't have access to CEMU isn't special in that, also to have "stolen code" Nintendo would have to have an emulator for their system which they don't (one thing they learned from the Oman archive inciudent at-least).
Of course the author could just be very cautious and not want to risk anything from Nintendo until the emulator is at-the very least somewhat complete.

If I had to choose what the reason is for closed source it's likely either NIH / total control over the project or Patreonbux (5k a month or something like that)

I spend most of my time playing my sega saturn, my PS4 library is 16 games but there's a solid 7 available for it and you'd be a retard to miss out on them (or just a normalfag)

still no pokken fix

Your mom hasn't been fixed either but that didn't stop me

WELP

Works on my machineâ„¢
Seriously though what hardware do you have? Sounds like it can't even generate a shader cache

Just because you can't handle money doesn't make emulation wrong.

Call me when Pokken works

I can play super mario world and mario kart 8 in 1.7.0 no problem though.
My card is a radeon HD 6870
It has the same problem on a multitude of other games, like darksiders 1 & 2 (HD versions run no problem) dead island games (again, HD versions run without a hitch) and some games made on the Unreal Engine
I don't know what they did in 1.7.1, but whatever it was, it broke the emulator for me.

What a waste of trips, Pokefags really are the worst.

I swear to fucking God every time we have these threads it's ALWAYS AMD users who have the most issues
Just get decent hardware already Jesus fuck

i mean if you're into necrophilia

wet, cold, sausages

Even the most shitty of shovelware on that thing has stupid amounts of value to it.

Fuck PeeU. How's 3DS emulation going? I want to play Ace Attorney.

i bought this piece of shit 6 years ago, i lost my job and can't upgrade my PC again, i swear i will never buy AMD again, it may be cheaper, but it gives too many headaches to really be worthy.

Paid to you by Nvidia

So you're still mad that Pokken almost beat UMVC3 for EVO? Or are you still mad that it outsold SFV despite being on a dead system?

I picked up Hyrule Warriors for $19.99, W101 for $11.99, and Bayo2 for $19.99. The prices weren't that bad in its lifespan.

Well them user, if i can't buy from AMD nor Nvidia, what you suggest me?
Is not really my decision if there is only two fucking graphics card makers and both are shit in their own ways.
I would love if there were more competition, both in PC parts, Consoles and PC online distributions.

Doesn't PowerVR make PC GPUs? I know they make embedded GPUs for some lower-end Intel Atom boards

I am, however, no longer getting lag spikes that occurred while building shader cache in MK8.

Why don't they just make it load a free font & distribute said font with Cemu?

Cool, this still doesn't look as sharp as I want it to though.

Use this
wiiuusbhelper.com/
and then use this site when it asks you to. No more bloated wuds. wiiu.titlekeys.com/

Their priority right now is getting games running accurately, then speed, and other shit according to the sites roadmap. The having no text in the menu fucking sucks but it is purely superficial. It's not like it breaks the game

Absolute cuckoldry, no wonder emucucks are worst

Better question: Since you're already dumping/pirating games, why not just load a BIOS/OS/etc dump as well?

FUCKING JAGGIES GET OFF MY EMU. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Is there Native upscaling and over clocking yet?
I don't see the point in emulating something if it doesn't look massively better or run better

Native upscaling has been a thing since 1.7.0

If you cannot read messages or see your response to them that's game breaking.

In other news.. Cemu crashes when attempting to load One Piece Unlimited World Red. In past versions Wan Piss would load but ran like garbage so I tried loading it with the newest version to see if the framerates had improved, but it just crashes immediately, I'm not sure what version this started happening with since I hadn't tried it in a while & only tried it now because this version specifically promised better fps which is biggest problem with Wan Piss.

You're grasping at straws if you think a superficial menu whose only purpose is to tell you what map you have unlocked is gamebreaking if you can't see it

1.71 has issues with Xenoblade from what I'v heard, that said someone figured out how to make the bloom issues for AMD cards less awful.

MULTICORE SUPPORT IS THE LAST BASTION

Is audio working properly now?

From what I understand the wiiu only uses one core for the vast majority of it's games, multicore won't even help.

I'm not talking about accuracy you know. Maybe it's possible to separate emulator's functions between cores or some shit. Dolphin has dual core mode for both wii and GC games, so there's that. I'm not an engineer though, so maybe you're correct.

If you mean uneven volume levels for speech, music and so on, then no it's as fucked as it is on actual WiiU, well, maybe a bit more fucked.
I believe it's mainly undub's problem.

Does anybody know how the fuck to use the slider bar workaround for xenoblade chronicles x?
I can't find any file called avatarmakedata to replace in the first place.

oh those stupid fucks, nintendo CnD any day now.

i downloaded shit from it and it's the data in a folder, not a wud, pic related. am i missing something, am i just a retard?

ok so i'm partially retarded, let me specify a little more, can i convert usb files to a wud or loadiine?

emulators were crowdfunded for quite a while

PPSSPP had the gold edition you could buy

so i have concluded that you can't, son of a bitch i have 400kb/s dl speed and that took me all day, pretty peeved tbh fam

Tried playing New Super Luigi Bros and it crashed.

Tried playing Super Mario 3D Land and got huge frame-drops as new stuff was being loaded in.

So it's clearly not quite there yet, but I hope they keep it up.

I finished the game on cemu and have zero fucking idea what slider bar is.
Can you elaborate?

I'm just gonna post screenshots from 1.7.0 because fuck it. Also baby princesses

I was having lots of visual glitches with an AMD HD7850, old card i know, so i can't tell if modern AMD cards can do CEMU fine, but when i upgraded to a GTX 970 about a month ago all glitches dissapeared, and i was testing with the same CEMU version.

You need to wait for it to build a shader cache, after that the slowdowns should stop

It doesn't work like that. Dolphin is multicore even though it emulates single core devices. Its all about the speed of the dynamic recompiler, which greatly benefits from using more than one core

To any user wondering when source code will happen, here's the answer:
Never

This emulator is certainly using illegally obtained internal code. Emulators are legal. Stolen docs are very illegal. Most closed source emulators are that way because they use illegally obtained docs, most emulators which progress unusually quickly use illegally obtained docs. And you can't even imagine just how hard emudev is without documentation. Many consoles lack heavily in this area, because it makes this kind of thing harder.

Do keep in mind that CEMU may be able to play BotW very soon, maybe even by release. Nintendo wants CEMUdev gone, they may try to force a lawsuit that will certainly lose since the dev will be unable to cover fees and retarded game journos will celebrate Nintendo for doing so. It all depends on if Nintendo sees CEMU as enough of a threat to profits to go through with a case.

Just some emulation facts. Read about Sony's takedown of Bleem! if you find this shit interesting.

Can anyone tell me about CEMU performance? What can I do with my thinkpad with i5 @ 3ghz and intel HD520? I run Dolphin with this, but I use directx11 and keep gfx settings low. Could I play NSMB U even or what? I doubt it but it would be nice

Is the audio fixed in XCX yet?

IIRC Bleem! was a comercial emulator, idk how much advances in "licensing" we have made but i reckon there is legal basis to avoid being taken down. And if things get to the last resort they will just continue under another name after the Wii U gets dropped by Nintendo which shouldn't be past this year anyway

Intel IGPUs are not supported, they suck too much

It only makes it better.
Fuck jewtendo, fuck them so much.

Get a real GPU.

Read the fucking thread, retard.

Dolphin doesn't use multithreaded JIT, only separate threads for CPU, GPU, DSP, and a few undemanding threads like audio & I/O. The Dolphin team has occasionally experimented internally with multithreaded JIT, but it's never gotten mature enough to actually apply to Dolphin. Note that while a number of compilers and interpreters outside the emulation world have used arbitrarily large multithreading to accelerate JIT for single threads for years, I'm not aware of any emulators that do so as of yet.

Leaving aside the fact court costs destroyed them, Bleem! was cleared of all charges in court, and Virtual Gamestation (a much more successful commercial PSX emulator that originated on the Mac, I was a Macfag at the time) also got sued by Sony, the case going so badly for Sony that they ended up BUYING CVGS FROM CONNECTIX to take it off the market. Haven't heard about Connectix lately? Maybe that's because they ended up being bought by Microsoft for a different emulator of theirs (VPC) that turned into XP Mode in Windows 7, and their lead engineer got poached by Intel to work on the software side of their CPU/GPU-hybrid Xeon Phi architecture.