Say something to criticise disney as a company

this is the crepiest shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rjN9W2KstqE
usatoday30.usatoday.com/travel/news/2007-02-27-disney-sues-anaheim-low-cost-housing_x.htm
forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-cms-denied-bathroom-breaks.38107/
asianews.it/news-en/Disney-Toys-accused-of-under-paying-and-overworking-staff-10705.html
theguardian.com/law/2011/aug/27/disney-factory-sweatshop-suicide-claims
sacom.hk/disney-violates-chinese-labour-laws-report-afp/
money.cnn.com/2016/01/25/technology/disney-h1b-workers/
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-dark-side-of-disneyland-paris-1964505.html
openculture.com/2013/04/no_women_need_apply_a_disheartening_1938_rejection_letter_from_disney_animation.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1_4kU9cwgXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

support you* (im the tranny)

pics or didn't happen

Daily reminder that Adorno was right.

Yeah. I'm a fucking white male and I got shit on for attacking Disney because they're "inclusive". Some people are just stupid.

Yes, I'm overthinking a toddler's show way too much but its still concerning to watch

most media even children media disguises itself as liberal and progresive but it has a darker ideological side, conservativism.

the bad guy is ALWAYS the guy that tries to change the status quo or has control of a new status quo

the good guy protects the perfect status quo or returns to a previous status quo where things were just right, not mentioning how monarchy is everywhere and everyone lives in harmony.

I know but this show isn't subtle about this

Being LGBT and a victim of sexual abuse aren't mutually exclusive
youtu.be/rjN9W2KstqE

yeah, one of the most haunting aspects of childhood is going back to your cartoons and realizing how subversive they were. That's why loony toons were the best.

Not really. I was mostly disappointed over how Lion King is nothing but an obvious Hamlet plagiarism.
Lazy cunts.

Tex Avery was a cool guy

You caught some gender > class liberal. Move on.

Back in the eighties Loony Tunes were my favorite cartoons, but by 1990 networks were starting to censor the hell out of them. Those old cartoons were absolutely full of shit that Beavis and Butthead couldn't do. Racism, sexism, suicide, spousal abuse, child abuse, and some surprisingly kinky shit were common. Pepe Le Pew's whole gimmick is sexual assult. Speedy Gonzalez is not only racist but a dirty joke as well. Our grandparents/great-grandparents just didn't give a shit.

kek

marx called it the commodification of culture.
Liberals think that a corporation that panders to their identity actually cares about their identity, rather than the reality of the corporation just wanting to extract their wealth

What the fuck.

Also, reminder that Disney will be one of the biggest enemies of the revolution. Disney World is literally a fortress. They have extreme private security.

Hispanic people got mad as fuck when Speedy Gonzales got taken off TV because they liked him.

No problems. A few tanks are more than enough. Something which the revolutionary army could easily seize from a military base.

?

usatoday30.usatoday.com/travel/news/2007-02-27-disney-sues-anaheim-low-cost-housing_x.htm

OSHA Investigates Claims Disney Denied Bathroom Breaks
Wed Apr 28, 7:08 AM ET

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (news - web sites) is investigating claims by two Disney cast members that they were told by managers they could not go to the bathroom, according to Local 6 News.

The two cast members, who work at the "transportation and ticket center," claim managers told them bathroom breaks were not allowed until their scheduled break times – so they shouldn't drink liquids before working, Local 6 News reported.

Disney said the workers were not familiar with the proper procedure and should have asked their managers.

forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-cms-denied-bathroom-breaks.38107/

asianews.it/news-en/Disney-Toys-accused-of-under-paying-and-overworking-staff-10705.html

theguardian.com/law/2011/aug/27/disney-factory-sweatshop-suicide-claims

sacom.hk/disney-violates-chinese-labour-laws-report-afp/

money.cnn.com/2016/01/25/technology/disney-h1b-workers/

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-dark-side-of-disneyland-paris-1964505.html

There's lots more shit too.

openculture.com/2013/04/no_women_need_apply_a_disheartening_1938_rejection_letter_from_disney_animation.html

Disney and Pixar have the most rabid fanbase on the planet.

Pixar especially, my most downvoted post on Plebbit ever was critiquing Up and basically saying, beside the first 10 minutes and the last 2 minutes, the movie basically fucking sucks complete shit, which it does, Up! is legitimately a bad movie, but oh boy, critiqued, Pixar, here come the downvotes, had something like 800 downvotes.

Also similar when I critiqued TS3 for being a lazy copy of TS2 with cringy blatant nostalgia bait for emotional manipulation, like 500 downvotes.

Pixar and Disney films are legitimately just lazy, their films are formulaic as fuck yet people circlejerk over them like their the fucking second coming of christ. This also applies to Disney's live action films as well. All of them are incredibly polished, but formulaic and copy-paste as fuck. You can tell Disney makes everything based on focus group tests.

The Academy Awards are the worst, Out of I believe 13 animation academy awards, Disney/Pixar have won like 11, with one of those years they didn't win, they put out a piece of shit that everybody had to admit was a piece of shit like Cars 2.

BH6 won over The Tale of the Princess Kaguya, like, how in fuck.

Every animation category, 98% of the time the worst movie in it wins.

What are some revolutionary children’s cartoons other then Shaun the Sheep?

youtube.com/watch?v=1_4kU9cwgXM

I think it's a word filter. Lemme try: Disney's The Lion King

Toy Story 3 is clearly a nostalgia cash-in. It was also made after the point where Pixar actually literally ran out of ideas. The guys who founded it came up with the ideas for all of Pixars movies up to Wall-E in a single lunch meeting and didn't deviate from that plan. Once they passed that point the movies took a noticeable dive in quality.

To a point, but they were also doing something very new (full-CGI animated films) and targeting kids… which is why people like them so much - it's muh childhood. A lot of these people you should realize (the generation after millennials) had parents who just plonked them down in front of a TV playing these movies over and over.

This is mostly because animation is still seen as a ghetto for kiddie shit. The Academy is full of pretentious twats with a Quentin Tarantino tier fetish for film history. They vote in this category based on the shit their kids talk about and they're too fucking proud to just abstain if they don't know shit about the category.

Even as a kid it always weirded me out that so many stories take place in a feudal kingdom.

Like aren't kings bad? Couldn't they just keep the fantasy setting and just say it's a democracy? It fucking fiction

What got me was when Jasmine takes a trip outside of the palace gates and learns that children go hungry, and people get their hands cut off for taking food to eat without paying then….. never ventures outside of the palace gates or thinks of it again.

Feudalism is the point in history before the corners of the map got filled in and people really weren't sure that if they wandered over the wrong hill they might bump into a fucking dragon. People have this fetish for innocence, especially when it comes to children, so they think it's appropriate to romanticize ignorance and social structures based on being told what to do. Disney also set the standard by using folk stories that were about feudal times because they were just really old. Other people copied Disney because they're not sure exactly what made Disney so successful and just tried copying everything.

Jasmine is so little of a character she's basically a plot device. Aladdin's no better. I genuinely think someone at Disney was said "Hey let's get Robin Williams to play the mentor character and Gilbert Gottfried to play the supporting villain and not bother giving a personality to literally anyone else," and that's what they went with. For fuck's sake, the non-speaking characters have more personality courtesy of the animators.

Nah it fucking crypto authoritarianism. Like I said it's fiction. Having a dragon and often times 1800s levels of tech is fine but saying it's a democracy is just to much of a suspension of disbelief.

You sure you're an anarchist

They did that in star fights the forces of evil too.

She takes the boy character back to their kingdom. He' looks up and sees a towering gleaming castle then looks at a destitute peasant with dirty clothes and flies buzzing around her. And the surrounding kingdom being really poor

They played it up for laughs but I was like isn't this poverty a failure of stars monarchy

I think you're putting more thought into this then the creators did tbh. 1800s levels of tech isn't common. It would be weird for that to just be regular feudalism. The real reason we don't see a lot of modern fantasy is that nobody in a big business wants to take risks and feudal fantasy is well-established. More recently there have been modern fantasy type movies - Harry Potter and the like. It's just taken a while for that to become something that felt safe enough to studio execs to bet big money on.

You're questioning my politics based on how I'm speculating about movies dude.

Because penetrating and stealing from military bases is so easy…

Holla Forums, how does Zootopia's economy work?

If cost of living is dependent on a mammal's size, then smaller species would have far more available capital at the end of the day, making them likely bourgeois. Also, this opportunity to pay lower wages means employers would probably prefer smaller species wherever possible, driving large species to proletarian jobs. This ties class with species. Violent revolution would be a walk in the park.

If cost of living is the exact same for everyone, salaries are a function of surplus-value generated, like in our world. However, this too would push large mammals towards proletarian jobs, whereas intellectual jobs would prefer smaller species due to lower workplace costs. Again, class is tied to species the same way as before.

But we see that in Zootopia, anyone can be anything. So what gives?

I was talking about the lion guard, a cartoon that come out in '16, not the lion king movie

At least in other episodes Star question the official history of her kingdom.

Fuck disney

Theres my two cents, sempai

No need for tanks or raiding military compounds, sempai.

Any knowledgable machinist/welder with access to a machine shop could fabricate a CannonScooter relatively inexpensively and quickly.

A couple squadrons of these, and we can seize the means of production from Disney

IMO the cannonscooter should have two cannons for stability, and in addition to that, the cannons should be convertible into a pulse jet

Was Bob the Builder from Disney?

trans are creepy

I miss when this wordfiltered

AnFem are you for real? Trans girls are qt af.

Doesn't concern me that all the bad animals are foreigners. The show is designed for children at ages that shouldn't really be watching TV at all. Having barbarians in the gates, so to speak, would scare and confuse them. I'm also fairly positive they're immigrant-friendly and it's only some of them that are a problem.

And I promise you there's nothing about status quo and capitalism in the circle of life. It's supposed to be educational. Besides Disney just made Zootopia in which the status quo was successfully overturned and predators started getting their protein from nutritionally-enhanced bugs and other small critters.

The show actually is pretty progressive as far as these wastes of time go, it preaches harmony with people of all stripes, yourself, and nature.

It's not a super original do not steal pitch dude, the sequence of events isn't even the same as Hamlet and there's more to it.

I will say one thing, I think Pixar's insistence on super realistic textures and not flat colors on such cartoony shapes is really uncanny and looks wrong and their faces aren't subtle at all which I particularly noticed in Inside Out.

Up is good overall, it just goes off the rails when they meet that old douche. He's literally just "Action Excuse". It manages to be entertaining throughout but it does suffer for it.

I thought that about Toy Story 3 when I first saw it but it ages better if you look at it for what it is. It did a lot of new stuff, and really, the TS2 formula was used in 1 as well.

I thought live-action Jungle Book in particular was much better than the animation except for Kaa getting down-played.

The Oscars don't actually watch the animated movies, this has been attested to multiple times. BH6 was great but I was totally salty about that too.

Well let's look at their new concepts since then.
Great pitch, messy job, very good result
Great pitch, messy job, decent result
Great pitch, good job, great result
Great pitch, great job, SHITTY HORRIBLE RE-EDITING JOB THAT RUINED THE MC'S VOICE AND EVERYTHING SO I GUESS TECHNICALLY BAD JOB, watchable result
We'll have to find out.
See a pattern? What actually happened is the writers got bored and left and Pixar forgot how to use flat colors.

I think this is interesting, explain

They've evolved, haven't they? You can just say their metabolisms are different now and land is dirt-cheap or free.

Lol @ that jaw. Not exactly passing there.

are those hormone pills kek

not impressed

You've only yourself to blame

They're bad, but Nintendo and Apple Fanboys are both respectively worse. Apple fans are basically a cult. Commodity fetishism reaches all new definitional heights with some of those fuckers.

Moral support for trans people is worth all the child slave labor in the world and anyone that disagrees is a bigot.

There was an episode about a group of jackals that tried to migrate

I can't believe I just typed the plot to a toddler's show

Just tell them capitalists only "support" them as far as they consider them possible customers.
Capitalists are only liberal when they can make money off it.

Learn how to fucking agitate, amateur.

Dude… Why?

Why does this bother you so much? This is the same attitude that leads to "well why can't every second/third character in this obvious analog of Medieval Europe be black and trans?"

Are you really this triggered?

But a change from the status quo is not inherently anti-left. Having a full blown Nazi government would be a change from the status quo for example.

Because the normalization of autocratic political systems is bourgeois as all fuck you dipshit. Fiction is a major conveyor of ideology, especially children's fiction. Through it, all facets of the bourgeois superstructure are conveyed and normalized not only as common and often good, but natural or in fact timeless. Questioning the portrayal of political systems in this context is a world removed from desiring the inclusion of characters with ahistorical racial or gender backgrounds.

You are so fucking stupid. Just because someone has an emotional reaction to something doesn't invalidate it you asshole retard.

Try to be less retarded in the future.

Monarchies are generally portrayed negatively in fiction though. You're singling out a couple of examples where they aren't.

Also whenever politics is an explicit theme, enlightenment ideas about the "people's will" and democracy are almost always, uniformly portrayed as preferable to anything even vaguely undemocratic.

In fact this attitude is so pronounced that your average westerner simply believes in the notion of liberal democracy by default. It's the final and ultimate stage of human history and everywhere from the gulf to China is just "on their way there" to the same point of destination.

I think you're exaggerating the plurality of opinion in the West concerning political systems. Undemocratic is viewed as ipso facto bad by virtually everyone. Because brainwashing.

Triggered.

Generally? Throughout all fiction? I doubt it. There are plenty of examples where they are treated negatively or positively, but ultimately they're benign, which is why they're so readily employed in children's media. Off the top of my head I can't think of a Disney movie or television show where monarchy is the problem as opposed to a particular monarchist–the system of hereditary rule is fine, but the evil queen or vizier or whatever needs to be replaced with the good prince or princess etc.

In which case they just """elect""" a new benevolent despot, either a bourgeois political leader as "president" or a "good" monarch.

Very true, which is why the equivocation between monarchy and liberal democracy in fiction is an issue. It implies that there's not only no difference, but that things have always been this way and that there's no alternatives that wouldn't be "regressive."

I think you're exaggerating the plurality of opinion in the West concerning political systems. Undemocratic is viewed as ipso facto bad by virtually everyone. Because brainwashing.
I think we're disagreeing on what's meant by "democratic." There's homage paid to the popular will (unless it's against bourgeois values in which case its "mob rule"), but little paid to the necessary characteristics of democracy. As long as the people choose their oppressor, he's treated as legitimate.

I know, it triggered me too way back when someone posted it on /tg/

Sometime it feels like Disney promotes monarchism

I think in part it's a storytelling crutch. Why are people doing things? Because the king told them to.

I think it's unintended effect though is the normalization of arbitrary authority. People might be portrayed as having a problem with a king, but no one seems to every bring up the question of whether or not they actually need a king. For The Lion King to be a proletarian movie, at the end all of the other animals should have kicked Simba to death after he finished off his uncle and then abolished the monarchy forever.

Fuck outta here

Kill yourself now and save someone else the trouble

you mad bro?

Yeah, but they were going to let them in before it turned out they were eebil.

Nintendo fanboys are worse, but not in the way you're thinking of. They constantly whine and bitch about how Nintendo should cater specifically to them without understanding how the market works at all and call anyone who tells them they're being stupid NIDF.

That is a point for the characters but not the writers
Judge it not by what the characters do but the message the whole episode tried to communicate

And don't forget the fucking hyenas. They are basically living in the ghetto ("you must never go there, Simba") and even display some foreign racial stereotypes. I mean, wtf. All I saw in the Lion King was some disenfranchised group trying to take over.

Not with that attitude

I seriously don't think there's any anti-immigration messages here. If they wanted to be effective they'd target their show toward 6-10 year olds.

There's some good hyenas in expanded Lion King canon and don't ask me how I fucking know this. The implication though was that Scar was taking advantage of them.

Okay, I will aceept that but still it does not excuse the other episodes
Lets stop talking about this, its autistic

I know tLK's fandom is the Sonic fandom but for women