Slab City?

The fuck is the deal with this Slab City place? Anyone been there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0vVCSUafFVI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It apparently has big concrete slabs somewhere left over from when it was a military base.

Is that some kind of free tekno event?

I've read on it, it's a hot as fuck city made out of junk in the middle of the desert so far away from cities that authorities don't branch out there, but the land is still "owned" by the gov't. I read a story of how they deal with crime: a woman stole something and the rest of the town refused to talk to her or do business.

I think they do use currency but I may be mistaken I know they scrounge scrapyards for junk to turn into useful shit they can sell, there's also bars in the town. Seems like a place I would visit, I might even consider staying there if it wasn't hot as hell.

I wonder if they have internet.

I know they have at least one internet cafe which runs on donations.

Well they are…

Despite being a hippie commune, they still managed a functioning society, which is more than Holla Forums has ever accomplished on their end. "Hurr let's go invade an island and kill the natives" gimme a fucking break…fuck Holla Forums.

It's interesting, but honestly doesn't seem appealing to live there.

youtube.com/watch?v=0vVCSUafFVI

slab city flag when

Slab City and the Salton Sea area are cool as fuck. Would love to travel out west to visit there sometime

Looks like the kind of place that would turn me back to a reactionary.

Come visit us in Hippieville, California and discuss communism with us user! :^)

This is why we need a state with hierarchy people.

If this doesn't btfo leftism, idk what does. At least we had Rhodesia.

It's hot as fuck.
Everything's donation based, they've got some pretty cool art you can check out, The library's also interesting.
The people are actually really nice, the ones you happen to interact with, at least.
Lifestylist as fuck, though.

Get fucked succdumb

It's better than it looks, besides I don't see you doing anything.

I like the "no fucks given FREEDOM" mural