One hour of new Prey footage

Hello there Holla Forumsriends! We at Bethesda™ have worked hard to bring you this new System Shock™-like experience, which will also reboot the Prey™ universe into something completely new! We have allowed the finest game journalists to have a one hour hands-on experience with the game and publish the footage, so they can share the hype alongside you! Please enjoy!

To download the one-hour video into a 18-part series of WEBMs, please buy our Holla Forums CopyrightedGameplay/WEBM Converter DLC

Piss of ya zenimax wankers!

We could've had space bounty hunting in seedy alien underworlds and instead we get this shit

Where is my webm OP?!

It's gameplay and parkour looked so good too.
Shame really.

This should be enough to tell you what you want to know.

Amazing!
Pre-ordered !
The new Deus-Ex seems nice.

Without context this looks like a sequel to a Square Enix Deus Ex game. Seriously "neuromods?" They're not even ashamed of how unoriginal they are.

combat looks really underwhelming

Some more.

Looks dull as fuck. It's fine to have a really slow intro like that as long as it makes the world seem interesting and draws you in but this completely failed at that. Half Life started with you basically just taking a train to work yet they made it entertaining and piqued your curiosity.

It's shit, barely worth a future torrent considering it would be a stupid amount of gigs.

Good to know there'll be shit gameplay before I'm even shown any gameplay. The original prey gave you a whole back room of a bar to explore, which oozed atmosphere and had some secrets. I could see how an apartment building could be made a similar introduction, but this doesn't look like it.

He also avoids looking at the mirror when he turns the light on in the bathroom.

It's reminding me more of Bioshock Infinite for some reason.

I see shitty synthwave has now truly hit the mainstream. Wonder what pleb composed it.

How sad it must be to spend millions making and marketing your big budget cutting-edge AAA game and only realizing people are sick to death of this type of game when it's out.

Why do the devs / people chosen to play demos always suck ass?
You'd think they're good at playing games or atleast the one they fucking made.
This guy playing is so fucking terrible it makes the game look worse than it is.

ironic shilling is still shilling

I AM STILL MAD

It looks a lot like the future city from Trials Fusion, except less interesting, and because the pace is obviously slower this less interestingness is magnified. And Trials Fusion had multiple environments right off the bat. The fact that we're seeing elements of this game in games by every other developer also shows how generic this game is.

also, this guy

I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here for a second.

Yes, it's shit that Prey 2 was canceled so the kikes at Bethesda could use the name for this game, but all things considered it could be worse. Arkane went on record saying they wanted to make SS3, and this is it.

Frankly, this is the pretty much as good of a (spiritual) sequel to SS2 as we're gonna get in this day and age. The SS1 remake looks like trash, and Warren "Cucks for Feminism" Spector is in charge of SS3, so you know that one is shit before it even gets off the ground.

From the gameplay I've seen it doesn't look halfway bad. Multiple skill trees with differing focuses ranging from standard run and gun, to hacking, to magic ayy powers and an emphasis on systems that remain consistent throughout the whole game.

Do I think the game is going to be perfect? Nope, not at all, it will be a casual shitfest with not a shred of challenge to it and likely buggy as fuck. Do I particularly mind in light of no other game like it in the foreseeable future? Nope.

You idiots do understand the game takes place in space, on a space station, right?

Last one, not doing the whole hour. Figure nobody cares after 15 minutes of this shit anyhow.

BioShock didn't have nearly as many skill trees or a grid inventory. It's discount System Shock 2 with a bland and uninteresting art direction and uninspired enemies.

All BioShock had going for it was Rapture.

The examiner being exasperated by the low test results is made even funnier if you consider the player was a genuine retard and probably didn't even realize it

Also is this game being made in Source? Because it looks like a source game

They fucked up this age old moral question. They forgot to mention the fat guy in the fucking description.

I'm aware but it's paced more like Bioshock and it's constantly telling the player where to go, like Bioshock. Scratch that, not even Bioshock held your hand that much. It's more like Shodan trying to guide a retard through a line maze, except without the amusement of her insulting the player and confirming their retardation.

i think it's just meant to be a wacky joke, the fat man is mentioned in a previous question.

It's the CURRENT YEAR+2, they have to account for mouthbreathing normalfags. Pic very much related.

I'm starting to think that I'm actually smarter than most average people.

turns out AAA devs and press are morons and/or people that don't actually play games.

I nearly had a stroke when the test examiner said "press the blue button across the room" and the player just jumped over there and started starting at the wall before going back to the other side of the room.

It's time.

You need to watch Avellone's aborted playthrough of Arcanum. That one will go down in the history books.

It's likely some PR monkey ordered to play by Bethesda.

buying Bethesda games is like buying EA and Ubisoft games at this point.

WE COULD HAVE HAD SPACE BOUNTRY HUNTING

Are you sure that's a video game and not a razor ad?

What is the point of this intro? To remind us of the Source engine? Why isn't there anything interesting to tell us about the world? It seems like this part is entirely pointless.

It's the cinematic experience. God help us if they allowed you to jump straight into the gameplay. No, you gotta acclimatize the average retard to the game like you slowly teach a chimp to wipe its own ass.

I did not like that show.

Shit, now I remember how SS1 and 2 had minigames in the form of disks you could find scattered around and plug into your HUD to play. SS1 had a feature complete space sim.

Somehow I know Prey won't have any of that even though Fallout 4 did.

Excuse me. I just want to make sure I understand you correctly, you didn't say there is a feature complete space sim in fallout 4, right?

That music doesnt fit at all.

No, there's one in SS1. FO4 has a neat text adventure/RPG thing and a bunch of other generic shit like a Pitfall and Missile Command clone.

It's pretty much the most care Bethesda has shown for their games since Morrowind came out.

What's that? You want Blade Runner in space? Too bad

Do you think that's just part of the script, or did they actually have the balls to call out the player on being dumb as fuck? Most AAA wouldn't these days.

It's a shame they butchered the core gameplay.

Immersion ruined, unimpressed, bored and angry because we could've had this

… It was ONE game from over a decade ago.

Complete with thousands of pages of filler datapads.

Fine, but it still relates to at least part of the game's aesthetics (indoor tutorial area) and how the game chooses to introduce itself.

So the big plottwist is that youre a robot.

Rather than sway you by making you want to run out of your house and buy a copy of the game you'd rather run to his house and yank the controller out of his hand. Same result I suppose except for the spending money part but let's not tell them that.

It's shit, the game looks bland as fuck too and the music is terrible, but strangely enough I don't really much care. The game has no competitor on the market and hasn't had one ever since SS2 came out.

I'll take what I can get, it's better than nothing.

Strong disagree.

It's not like you're ever getting Prey 2 back, and every other System Shock inspired game looks even worse.

What a time to be alive.

That would need a loooooot of polish to become a great game. As it was, it was painful to look at. Maybe it's because it was played on a console with motion blur on.

Like NuMale Sky?

NMS was awesome for all the people that didn't buy it. Most fun I had since TORtanic.

Kill yourself
NuPrey garbage is an even more shallow Biocock in Space.

There's only one door in the room: YUGE waypoint to help that guy who keeps jumping like an idiot.

Trips

Right back at you you humongous faggot.

And yes, I do love SS1's interface.

Also, animated by a furry.

Its already better for art design and music alone.
Go enjoy your last planet on NMS before killing yourself.

Calling Unity shit is like calling Gamebryo shit because Bethesda is trash, but instead of Bethesda replace indieshit devs.
Games like Shadow Tactics, Endless Legend and Tabletop Sim were made using it.
System Shock UI was never good and neither were the movement options for Ultima Underworld and its clones.
The interactivity was a fun gimmick but a really clunky one.
Its like saying NuDoom is shit it is because theres fucking mouselook.
System Shock was good due to its exploration and items/weapons to use along with its atmosphere, storytelling told by recorders that don't stop the action and godlike MIDI music unfortunately not featured, not a shitty clunky experimental UI.
Source?

I'd rather see a game developed by a furfag than NuArkane at this point.

Why? For what purpose? Why would they do this?

its going to become human at the end

yeah, sure, it was fuckton more creative than the shit we have now, but it's not like what was shown was exactly mind-blowing so far as actual hard content/polish goes. hardly the "pretty much completed" entity people like to claim it was.

In 2011?
It was

To take over the franchise completely, it seems.

in 2011 it was completed? or polished? because it was neither, I assure you.

True, but a decently paced SciFi FPS thats not Halo with RPG elements published by Bethesda before we knew how bland their third parties were and developed by Human Head was already far and beyond anything that year put out besides Dark Souls and Shogun 2.

I don't disagree. real fuckin shame they didn't get a chance to finish it up, if nothing more than for the universe alone.

I've seen this posted countless times and nothing makes me more mad.
This is EA/Activision tier.

Gotta wait until the game actually comes out before judging. So far, I can tell that the monster design is crap and the intro is dull, but beyond those I don't know anything. I like the transforming ability, weapons, and ability to loot a corpse's inventory.

Good joke, I guess I'll go play Uncharted 4 and BattleDuty so I can judge them.

Bethesda turned to shit when Christopher Weaver was fired (unrighteously ) from Zenimax to be replaced by Robert A Altman. The producers proceeded to tell Todd and Rolston to put voice acting in Oblivion. BGS is forced to pander to the popular demand instead of doing their own thing ever since.

This one seems a bit more interesting. Cishonored 2 was honestly quite an improvement from the first one, I really enjoyed it. Prey could be decent too despite being developed under Zenimax.

Why are you supporting devs that hate you?

I don't think they even know my name.

portal 2 was right about the brain damage
I kind of like basic enemies being mimics in a game where you compulsively pick up everything, too bad they will fuck it up by making them scripted

I'm not a political man. Whatever we buy, our money inevitably flows into the hands of the Jews. So, whatever, screw it. It's a waste of time caring about something that is beyond your ability and responsibility. For every individual, the future should be spiritual and not political. Man should rise above themselves and question what is beyond their banal desires instead of being immersed in earthly matters.

Wasn't the main character supposed to be changed into a black chick?

That's the DLC.

What a time to be alive

FTFY

Exactly, that's why I pirate fucking everything. Don't feed the mouth that bites you.

It was the only game I bought that year. Friend built me a new powerful PC and I was just curious. It turned out to be good.

More like I don't care.

If that's the case then I need to stop feeding myself.

I'm too lazy to loo at it. Just tell me Holla Forums I played Prey on release and it was native american flavored Doom 3 but for everything it was a decent shooter. Is the new Prey ANYTHING like the original?

DUDE

It's like that part where everyone is getting blended into bloody goo except instead of people it's development studios and instead of blood it's potential.

I remember it being a mediocre FPS with uninteresting gimmicks, at least for me. Great graphics though.

no
even the protag is the other kind of indian, a shitskin

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS SHIT

I've seen normalfags with better taste than you.

It has nothing to do with the OG
Prey 2 which was extremely removed from the OG still had more to do with it.
Its Starship Troopers the movie, a new IP but the executives are too afraid it won't sell so they attach a the name of something completely unrelated but brand recognizable.

Maybe you should have pirated it and play it yourself to waste time instead of buying a shitty game that supports some of the worst kikes in the indsutry.

I've actually only watched a couple gameplay vids from HL, but this is seeming pretty fucking derivative

Nope. It's casualized System Shock. It's more rigid to System Shock's fundamentals than Bioshock was, but it's incredibly simplified.

there are also humanoid ones that look like vortigaunts

I don't enjoy shooting non humanoid enemies, especially of that size.

What am I, a neckbeard? I don't understand how can people actually understand that shit.

Well I played it alright. I expected Turok with aliens or Doom 3 without flashlight and with less boring enemies, but all I got was crappy platforming puzzles, the worst of all kinds of puzzles. I just wanted to shoot aliens.

So you've never played System Shock?

Get the fuck >>>/out/

If you can't eat without biting your tongue then maybe you should still drink from sippy-cups too.
Need daddy steam to tell you what you wanna play too?

help me get into this game, user. I just downloaded it and what the fuck is going on here? Deus Ex meets bad mushroom trip: the game

1.Get brouzoufs
2.Get the Syringe
3.Get brouzoufs
4.Enjoy the ride
the game isn't over when you think it is

M-maybe it'll get fun once you can transform into a coffee mug.

Existentialism philosophy and theology basically say that you are your own agent of change and also your biggest disappointment.

The way you go about upgrades is the same, but this time you have fuck all to choose from unlike System Shock. It also looks like hacking defenses and upgrading weapons will work similarly. It's probably thrown the minigame, nanite cost and critical failures out the window. Chances are good they'll bring back French-Epstein Devices and fucking litter the environments with them though.

What the fuck?

Nigger it has nothing to with Nanites or SS2 inventory system/hacking and decently sized environments.
It has everything to do with Bioshocks casualized mechanics however from the ADAM upgrade system to how weapons handle and the extremely cramped and small level design.

kek thanks, user. Spoiler made me want to finish it a lot - think I'm gonna stop shitposting and fdo that.
polite offtopic sage

I don't like to give tips because half the fun is figuring out how the game works and as it throws mechanics and potencial at you with no handholding.
its not as complex as it looks, its no harder than getting into an non casualshit RPG

Is this bioshock 4?

It really does look exactly like bioshock. The tiny FOV and everything.

No, its Bioshock in Space
Bioshock 4 would be CoD with magic and no looting or upgrading.

Damn, can you sound any less like a fucking shill?

I had zero expectations for it anyways

so what does this lobotomized fucking mongoloid do?

I kid you not, if I was there in that room when this player fucked this part up, I would have just fucking punched him. You should not be allowed anywhere near games, even THIS casual, when you are this much of a disgraceful fucking retard. Koko the gorilla would have passed this shit with flying colors, fuck.

but remember user, he's being devil's avocado. That means it's okay for him to sound like a massive shill.

That is like saying that not even Hitler hated Jews that much.

At least, people hate EA and EA is only supported by hyper-normalfags that play Madden.

REMINDER: BETHESDA AXED PREY 2 FOR THIS BECAUSE THEY REALLY LIKED THE NAME BUT DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE A SEQUEL.

Holy shit the guy playing is Polygon levels of bad. How can someone with such brain dead motor skills exists? Is this the fabled normalfag audience that publishers try to appeal nowadays?

NO, THE DIVIDER JUMPS OVER YOU AND HE DOES NOT HESITATE

It appears that there are now normalfags exist, who hate old prey and absolutely love the bethesda ones.

Main complains about how shit first prey was:
1. Its edgy
2. Its racist to native americans
3. It has disgusting vagina and anus doors, eww
4. You kill children in this game

Video from which i had taken those comments:
youtube.com/watch?v=pWM3ZjwBkr4

user pls, i was going to sleep just fine, now i want to kill myself

No they made this game because they wanted to more fully control the rights to prey and prey 2.
It's the same reason those super shit fantastic four movies get made.

What are you expecting?
Its not even half as bad as that collage of all the underage normalfags shitting on Fallout 1 and 2 because its isometric and turn based.

That was quick.

And people wonder why Let's Plays are so popular.

I don't recall prey being edgy, were they mad because they could not save the girl? I enjoyed this game a lot it at the time. Unfortunately multiplayer was dead. Me and one other person played it online

Why is he using a GTX 1070 as a phone/remote?

I JUST WANT A GOD DAMN SPACE BOUNTY HUNTING GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I will never not be upset. That game could have been so fucking great, even with the meme open world, I think the raw gameplay could have carried it.

Why do gameplay videos keep showing this?

It's consolized trash for console plebs, it's not like they're going to show off gameplay using an arcade stick or something.

Lemme just quickly post my Zenimax/Bethesda™ imagedump here.

because there are literally millions of plebeians who play FPSs on consoles. I mean shit, look at Destiny, and all the nightmares that come with it including an FOV of 60, no joke, fucking sixty.

The best part of this video is when he's trying to pick his choices for the questions about the train, and he clearly is struggling to touch the analog stick just enough to select the top one, but then his bumbling lack of fine motor skills suddenly makes him overshoot it and he chooses the third option. Accidentally.

I laughed at that shit.

tl;dr on the prey part

If you don't consume jewish media you become smarter.

Holy fuck, this bland ass game looks even worse since they picked a mouth breathing retard to play through it.

I never got how these retards enjoy Bioshock. Bioshock is shit.

Bioshock 2 was ok.

It's System Shock, except that it's finally a smart game for smart gamers.

Bioshock is System Shock 2 for modern gamers. They only liked it because its accessible and likely their first in the series. Was the reason I enjoyed it so much when it came out

Gas the kikes, race war now.

Your wish is everyone's command

I never played SS and I still think Bioshock 1 was an irredeemable piece of shit.

As somebody who is schizophrenic, they way they make all the music sound off pitch and warbled is exactly how hallucinated sounds are like to me

I'm impressed

Then play System Shock and be amazed, I suppose. Hell, just play any genuine immersive sim.

it was, actually. It was respectably decent.

The first bioshock, even if you ignored the whole THIS IS YOUR CAPITALISM ON DRUGS cringey communism theme, was pretty clunky as far as actual gameplay was concerned. The weapons felt like hollow tin cans that had shitty feedback and just had crappy sound design and animations in general. The plasmids were serviceable but nothing really flashy or fantastic to use. The gameplay was between "meh" to "this is shit." The only good thing about bioshock was the atmosphere, which they did a decent job with, and a story that didn't completely suck.

Bioshock 2 made improvements in leaps and bounds in regards to the mechanics. It was just fucking fun to actually kill things and to use weapons and plasmids, they had good feedback and responsivity, they were fluid and smooth enough to allow for busting out a dozen different kind of attacks in a matter of seconds granted you reacted fast enough. BS2 was entertaining to get through, unlike BS1 which was really just a playthrough to get through it. I didn't buy either though and that's probably for the best

And naturally Prey 2 is looking to be like a slightly updated Bioshock Infinite with Shadow Monsters (TM), which, if we're lucky, may actually surpass that game in its sucky wretchedness.

Th-that audio/video data corruption meme is a fairly standard effect, user.

The off peak modulation? I'd like to hear more games with it, this is the first I can recall that's giving me a pure schizophrenic audio vibe

Like System Shock everyone would speak in zombie tones or robotic tones, this is different, its like the audio sounds malfunctioning like it's not real

WHERE ARE THE SPACE VAGINAS AND ORIFICES

THESE SHAMELESS FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT. HOW DARE THEY MAKE THE NAME OF THAT STUDIO INTO JUST ANOTHER "LOL WE CAN REFERENCE THINGS BETTER THAN WHAT WE'LL EVER BE CAPABLE OF LOOK HOW QUIRKY WE ARE" VIRTUE SIGNAL

I'm getting the distinct feeling based on how all the audio sounds to you, that you're actually a mimic but you're an "Intelligent one" or something that they're running lab experiments on

More proof we need to kill niggers, faggots, spics, wiggers, and jews.

s-source was at exactly 58 minutes into the video, by the way

Can I hug you user-kun? You need one.

More like "gay" am I right?

Are you fucking kidding me? We've gone backwards from Duke Nukem?

Why is this game called Prey when there are no magical injuns fighting alien horrors from beyond the known universe?

Brand erasure. Human Head didn't get away with their intellectual property intact, but they did get away with their studio intact, so to spite them Zenimax are going to do the next best thing after desecrating their studio: Desecrating the legacy of their studio.

Because Bethesda is shit.

Here is the head of Zenimax, a jew and a corrupt lawyer. Despite been banned from Banking, he still continue his evil plans.

Zenimax/Bethesda does this a lot. They'll institute stretch goals to get to, to get the next round of payments to keep developing the game. Shit like
Shit like that. But as the development goes on and the developers have fully committed to the development of the game and are sinking resources in, suddenly the goals the developers are completing are just not enough. Its not done right, its not fully complete, its too bright, it's too dull, the quests arent interesting, etc. Anything to deny the stretch goal money, to keep them financially at risk. Mind you, up until this point Bethesda (the publisher) is doing this, not Zenimax. At this point, Zenimax comes in and offers to loan them some money, just to get past their rough patch and continue development, cause they're so nice you see. Then after a few more stretch goals fail or so, and Bethesda keeps fucking them over, Zenimax comes to the developer angry that they're not succeeding and unable to pay them back. They then offer the developer the option to be bought out, and Zenimax will now cover all costs and the debt is cleared. Mind you, the offer to be bought out is incredibly low, and an absolute steal for Zenimax. They supposedly did this to Arkane and I.D, and tried to do it to the Devs of Prey 2, and supposedly Obsidian barely managed to escape, especially with their game being rushed out a year and a half early by Bethesda and then denied their bonus because of some ridiculous metacritic bullshit that was one point off which most people think Bethesda was making shitty reviews to help lower in time.

All this is done to allow Zenimax/Bethesda to buy Developing companies and their I.Ps for bottomrock prices.

Holy fuck, how much did this kike piss off the other kikes for him to get banned from BANKING?

Amazing

At first I thought he was intentionally breaking the rules to see what would happen, then I cringed when I realized he was a moron.

why did they make the chinese guy at the start so fat and ugly?are they racist?
why is the story so bland and boring?

Kill yourself, Bethesda viral marketer.

See Bank of Credit and Commerce International.

at least it's not 37…

Tell me when they get a real groundhogs game where you can learn NPC patterns and influence them through dialogue and subtle changes to the environment. This really is bioshock but even less fun

Way of The Samurai 4.

I'm sorry, what's wrong with the UI besides the compass…Why is there a compass in spaaaace?

the new hitman does and it murdered the fuck out of sli setups for months

Looks pretty neat, actually. Maybe not exactly what I was looking for but I like that the game remembers what you did in a previous run.
sage for off topic and not bumping prey

Almost thought this was DUDE SEX game with Ubisoft as the publisher with Dead Island gameplay.

You can fuck the loli in the game.

Thanks Bethesda.

actual synthwave for like 1-2 seconds then followed by absolute garbage, its like 2 lettuce leaves in a tub of grease being passed as "veg".

Maybe this is HL3… if it was made by retards.

I hope that "Jano Gabor" is not doing it for free.

Am I going insane?
I can't understand what anybody is saying here, neither in the video or comments.
It's like everyone got DID and forgot how to form sentences, WHAT THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT? I can't get a single coherent thought out of this whole thing.

I could've sworn I had it at one point.

Now I only played half of Prey, but I have to ask: what does any of this have to do with alien invasion Cherokee spirit magic? This looks more like DX:MD than anything else, it's even implying that it has looting-crafting shit.

It has nothing to do with Prey. Bethesda killed the IP so they could recycle the name for whatever retarded reason.

nuPrey is just a blatant Bioshock clone/rip-off, instead of being its own IP, that has nothing to do with the originals and canceled sequel.

I'm starting to wonder if you mental cripples have ever actually played BioShock or System Shock.

The game is blatantly trying to be a SS game for modern, retarded audiences. I guess this is the kind of discussion we end up with when the majority of the people bitching have never played anything but BioShock.

It kind of seems like the examiner is trying to make you do psychic magic things with the way he's explaining the tasks. Like he doesn't say "go pick up the boxes", or "hide behind the chair", or "jump over the little wall", he's just like "do this in whatever way occurs to you wink wink".

If only we were an injun with magic cherokee powers.

Its Bioshock in space you fucking retard, I've played SS2 countless times you nigger and its not even close to this dumbed down.
The FOV, the small map space and sections, no inventory, weapon wheel, quirky gimmicky mechanics the bland as fuck environments
There nothing close to SS on this game besides being inspired by the consoleshit dumbed down version of an actual good game with a setting and theme that tries to mimics said good game.

Nevermind, just kill yourself

Actually there trying to turn this into System Shock. Arkane is a bunch of ex looking glass devs and are trying to turn Prey into System Shock. Just like they tried to make Theif again with Dishonored.

Gameplay wise it has more in common with Bioshock than System Shock, regardless of the team making.

Stop comparing this piece of shit with Bioshock.
It has more to do with the Xcom 2010 E3 trailer than with SS.

Nothing more pathetic than an ignorant faggot trying to get a leg up on everyone.

Yeah, not like there's a grid inventory, skill trees for various playstyles, manufactures, an emphasis on systems and the like.

I'm not even saying the game is good, but dumbshits like you are so ignorant about what they're discussing I have to defend the game.

Thankfully we have a clueless fuckwit like you to tell us what we're supposed to think.

That FOV actually hurts my eyes.

How much are you being payed?

They didn't even call it Prey 2 or Prey: Electric Boogaloo or whatever, they just called it Prey like it's just a remake of the original. Gotta make sure references to the old game get buried, right?

Doesn't look anything like System Shock if the first 15 minutes are anything to go by.

Why the fuck is bethesda deciding that a system shock clone is going to somehow work better on prey than something that would suit the original game? I mean if they at least had a canceled second game to base this shit off of, at least they could have tried to at least try to yse shit from that instead of doing more bland shit?

(((user))), buzzword is a buzzword, you can't use it.

You can't do this here. I tried it few times and was told I'm shill, fanboy, paid, should go back to tumblr. Holla Forums dosen't understand this foreign concept of being neutral towards new games. It' really simple:
So don't. I'm now returning to my hideout in case of being reported or checked or dDoS'ed or whatever.
Remember! Keep your arguments to yourself! This place is for shitpost on games and find tell others they have shit tastes (unless it's from Nintendo).

HAHAHAHA

So this youtube account was telling people to go easy on whoever was playing this because they were new. I just thought to myself "fucking no, of all the millions of options you had for someone who was actually a gamer to play this, you obviously went with someone who's never, ever played a game in their life. They're clearly trying to figure out how the fucking CONTROLLER works. This tells me that "COGconnected" isn't about fucking games, as per usual, it's yet another bunch of faggots who don't care about the industry trying to use it as an avenue for making money. It's the only fucking explanation."

And just like their faggy Kotaku and Polygon forebears, they go into damage control. Fuck these faggots.

They likely didn't put a number or subtitle because this is a reboot of the IP that has basically zero to do with the previous game.

That's the shitty cinematic intro they put in there because developers are retarded nowadays. It's like letting people play the game from the moment they boot it up makes their skin crawl.

The 8 minute preview they showed a few months back looks far more like a SS game.

I don't really care about the spergs. Sure, I'm none too happy Bethesda axed Prey 2 to simply reuse the name instead of having their cake and eating it too by making both games, and the game itself looks rather bland with horrible art direction (the departure of Viktor Antonov is really felt both in Dishonored 2 and here), but since the remake of SS1 and SS3 are both gonna be even worse than whatever Prey turns out to be like I'm gonna play this one and not give a shit.

What's really sad is that this is a fucking recording, they're not streaming live. They're so lazy and cheap they couldn't even do a retake and showcase a more polish with their gameplay.

Then again, who cares? Polygon was publicly embarrassed and they've yet to recover and these clowns are in that hole too. If I was paranoid I'd suspect they're a team of PR people from Bethesda (or outsourced to some media company) created for the specific purpose of shilling new games.

Its still trash

Publisher/Developer says they're inspired by game.
Time for suicide

Hello Bethkike

HOLY SHIT I'M MAD

anybody wanna morph these two faces together?

Can you please stop embarrassing yourself? You've already displayed your ample ignorance of the topic at hand, why would anyone give a shit about a random retard raging at his strawman?

How euphoric do you feel right now?

Like Holla Forums.

This is just like every other Bethesda published game, remember Wet?, where there's tons of shills in every comment section clamoring about the game but a week after it comes it there's radio silence. Expect to see a totally not paid off speedrunner who's new to the scene streaming this on launch day.

I rememeber The New Order and all the shilling.
There are people here who still think that game wasn't anything but mediocre garbage.
I though most of the hate was just buttflustered Holla Forumsacks and actually defended the game because it looked unique and it had decent reviews.
Then I played it myself and the game was fucking awful.
Its like a linear mix of Cowadoody and FarCry 3 with Nazis and cinematic bullshit.

It was nothing but Bethdrones all along.

If anything, thus is proof that Bethesda have literal shills who end up deciding people's opinions since they're sheep like that.
Even EA isn't this obvious, and they did the whole fake petition with the gay rights thing to defend Mass effect.

So what exactly are they trying to sell this game as and who are they trying to sell it to? It just looks boring.

Not bad. They copied the whole HALF LIFE experience, crowbar, experiment & shit, but it's playable, Half Life + Deus Ex knockoff. Still, the inventory looks shit, made for consoles.

I doubt they're trying to sell anything at all so much as they're trying to kill all potential competition. The price tag on this game is just a nice bonus for them.

Some fat cuck that's a peasant at the company let the butterface he's orbiting to play the game, made it a valentines gift.

It's like they got the Polygon guy to playtest all their games. Maybe this is why games are becoming so shit.

It's a known thing that playtesters are likely stolen by corporations when they fall off the short bus on their way to school. Then again, I imagine someone with Down's would be better at playing games than the typical media leftist.

Both Valve and Arkane had to dumb their games down because the mouthbreathers they have testing their games were too stupid to navigate an environment that wasn't a straight corridor. It should come as no surprise that most of the population is imbeciles, and the more popular games got, the larger the percentage of normalfag idiots grew, and games had to cater to the lowest common denominator to achieve the kind of sales the suits want.

If you look at the gameplay video Prey is plastered with shit telling you where to go and what to do and the nimrod playing still can't manage to play through it without embarrassing himself.

It gets way worse than the player failing basic movement controls and puzzle solving.

As for the game itself

Cant wait until games start becoming so casualized that they automatically rotate the camera towards an enemy that attacks you.
Killong Floor 2

Im guessing its the same as with Fallout, where Bethesda decided they wanted a space game premise, and realized they had prey, so why bother coming up with something new? Just reboot it and maybe the small brand recognition it has will increase sales?

Or a bounty hunter with advanced equipment, like an electric lasso, or something.

Would such a minuscule brand such as Prey really warrant just chucking away Prey 2 and all the work done on it? They could have just as easily made a new IP for Arkane's Prey since it has nothing to do with the original Prey other than the name.

You know what's worse? When Bethdrones clain that The New Order and Nu-Doom have great graphics and useful as benchmarks to test PCs.

This game is setting off warning bells to me, the more I watch the one hour preview the louder it gets

There is too few enemies, anything harder than the basic enemies absolutely fucks you up, most of the game is just environment scanning and searching, the game does "String story" plot structure as in just when you think you'll get any info something happens to not tell you the whole story, combat is lackluster

Is it just me?

Toddposting was a mistake
It was nothing but trash and it still is.

It's synth mixed with leftover cuts from the Mirrors Edge 2 soundtrack. I know it isn't representative of what you'll be running through most of the game, but they still made an intro without a single new or interesting idea whatsoever. Everything is something else painted in the broadest of strokes, cut and slightly rearranged.

You pretty much described 99% of AAA games.

From a technical perspective id Tech 6 is a very impressive engine and a great example of both modern OpenGL and Vulkan being used properly. That still doesn't make up for the game itself and the bland art direction.

What's a good engine for creating a game that'd have the same aesthetic and playstyle as early 2000 Unreal games? I have a literally infinite amount of time for the next two years before I head off to a technical college.

Unreal 4. Effectively the same shit but with more polygons and build in jewing engine.

Try Irrlicht or some other freetard engine.

I know the Duke Nukem one at least isn't actually a mirror. There's just an exact copy of the room on the other side of an invisible wall there.

That's how almost every game does mirrors.

I made the mistake of watching footage past the first 15 minutes and it only gets worse. The player is an absolute retard who wastes shittons of time wandering around a single room, constantly dies from piss-easy enemies (who don't look remotely hard or scary to fight, just tedious), and at one point loses 30 fucking minutes of footage but when it resumes he's still in the same fucking tiny area, struggling to perform basic tasks like looking at things and not getting stuck behind bookshelves and things like that.

Holy shit what a trainwreck.

I'd be willing to believe it was a parody if not for the fact that all modern developers are either pretentious assholes or dull sticks in the mud.

see

Holy shit guys.

This feels like some sort of satire parody game. An alien jumped out of one of the scientists' coffee cup and then the world dramatically faded to black.

I bought into this meme of Doot looking good so i went ahead and played with max settings using vulkan, and boy does it look like shit alright. The textures are fucking garbo, each model is barely any better than something out of Gears of War 3 or something and the game abuses motion blur a lot (which i disabled afterwards because it sucks) and many other effects.

That explains the faggot missing every single shot as an enemy stood motionless in front of him for over 10 seconds, but not shit like it taking him ages to realize that he has to actually look at a television to see a video playing on it.
Are these people even real?

At least I can get the satisfaction of knowing that some other smart video game developer will make money off of this idea. Maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will fill the void of what this shit was supposed to be.

Do Aliens hate Indians?

I've been looking up the gameplay videos and Destructoid, surprisingly enough, are the only ones that play the game half competently.

The rest is imbeciles, Polygon and RPS, or screeching chimps pretending the game is scary and trying to emulate PewDiePie.

Nigger that dosent matter, the start of the game should be one of the more interesting parts.
The start city is supposed to drag you into the atmosphere and grab your attention and get you griped into the game.
Instead we get some half assed boxes with Vaporwave

Yes user, they are called normalfags.
And believe me, its even more embarassing, frustrating and drepressing to watch the whole ordeal while sitting right next to them.

You didn't watch the video at all, did you? The city isn't even real, it's all a sham, you were on the space station all along.

and they'll have the audacity to act like you have no right to be as exasperated as you are at their utter failure.

And you sit there going "nigger i don't give a fuck if you're not an olympic level speedrunning 1337 haxx0r god, i give a fuck that you have worse motor control and eye hand coordination than a fucking brick, and your shitty performance is an insult to all of what mankind is fucking capable of accomplishing."

It's like watching someone repeatedly topple over while trying to walk a straight line and then go "WOOOOW I DON'T SPEND ALL MY TIME WALKING, GOD, GET OVER IT"

oh my god that suddenly looks so much better

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

I don't know what's worse, the game or the gameplay?
Holy shit though, why did they get such a retarded simpleton to showcase this game?

He's saying the beginning of the game shouldn't be boring as fuck, which it is. It looks like the entire game will be boring as fuck. Seriously looks like they're trying to do another Bioshock.

The only thing I can figure out is he's actually one of these mimic creatures but he was experimented on, thus has an intelligence

The only reason I think this is because all the sounds don't sound natural to you, they way you're being experimented on and monitored to monitor your behavior leads to me believe you were human or you're the weird clone of a human, there is bio-scans of your head on the wall and the brain doesn't look human IE - All fucked up, and the second you get out of the facility that lady goes "Welcome to your first taste of real life" etc

I still can't get over how boring this all looks, call me old whatever but at least system shock etc there was always something to do, you moved faster and enemies were always a constant threat and not peek-a-boo cup squids

Said squids are not even good at peek-a-boo, the game makes the notion of "Watch out what you pick up" but if you walk into a room with mimics and just stand there for 10 or so seconds they all activate anyways, thus taking all the danger out of them hiding

I'm confused, is morgan a woman or a man?

Its such a Shock rip-off, could make anyone think it was a Bioshock reboot, it needs to have Prey in the title to not create confusion.

To add, the E3 vids already shows that he has mimic powers.
inb4 "But John, you are the mimics"
And the retro aesthetic isnt consistent.

Morgan is a unisex name and the game lets you choose male or female. Did you just have your eyes closed for the first minute or what?

HA HA HA
GET FUCKED KIKETHESDA

This game failing doesn't hurt Bethesda.

>>>/reddit/

I skipped that.

Well yeah the trailer pointed that out as well

All in all there was probably a Morgan Yu and you were a human, like the lady in the video says January is a mental backup "Of who you used to be" etc, and the lady in the video says "If I'm talking to myself I must be"

Which means your a mimic but can take female or male form depending on what the scientists want to experiment on you with

Kinda like a weird survival horror version of Prototype

just end its suffering before it hatches

seems like bethesda hired those mythical valve beta testers

The only thing I think sucks is the trailer showed like your mental decay as your day restarted over and over again, and your perception of the world started breaking down

In game the game just restarts once and you're on your way

Since this game wants to be a spiritual successor to System Shock January is probably a SHODAN clone who is guiding you to get her out of the space station facility onto earth, where the mimic life forms like you will take over the planet

The thing that upsets me most about this whole trailer is the fucking shitty framerate

This game is what, a month out from release and the frame rates are still dog shit

It looks decent.
But the score will always be "Not Space Bounty Hunting"/10

They were testing for psychic powers, it was even mentioned in the email later on.
First test was for telekinesis, second for invisibility, third for teleportation, fourth for either a control test or mind reading.

PC wins again, just more proof of the superiority of K+M.

I haven't played the original Prey yet but this game by itself looks like fucking ass. The combat doesnt exist, the fight music is a joke, and spider things are generic as fuck.

Yeah like I said this game is setting off all the warning bells for me

Even if there wasn't a retard playing this game i wouldn't even spend the bandwidth pirating this shit.

Is there some reason WHY Beth didn't just finish the space bounty hunter game?

I remember someone told the story once and it really pissed me off. It was a power play by Zenimax to acquire the studio IIRC.

The idea would be too unique and interesting, and thus unmarketable to normalfags.

video related

You can pick between a male and female protag.
There isn't any reason to though since the protag is shallow as a puddle of water in hell.

FUCKING NORMALFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

So confirmed for having no story and put in because SJW?

I don't think it was put in for SJW reasons, and this thing wasn't going to have a worthwhile story anyway.

user I think you just contradicted yourself. SJWs prey on chances to put in retarded superficial stuff, in this case gender choices. If it offers no change to the story, probably won't ever see yourself, and has no impact on gameplay, why else would they put it in?

This would be some next level SJW shit.

hmmm, good point.
maybe they added it to appease the massive SJW element that buys fuckloads of games and brought on the massive successes that were Watch_dogs2, Mafia3 and Revolution60

i would be impressed if they did this, something that overt would take balls to do.

Bethesda seems to think so, evidently.

Im curious on how the story will unfold. IIRC Avellone is one of the writers for it.
Mind you I dont intend to buy, i've been boycotting bethesda ever since learning of what they do to developing studios but i'm curious if the plot will be good and the rest shit.

Only one way to find out. If the game social signals at any point about being a stronk womyn. Plenty of games have female protags simply for the option, like SR2, where you not only can play as a chick, but Ho yourself out for some cash.

95% of what a game will be like is within the first hour, and from I've seen is the game is boring, little to do and no enemy variety

Like I said, what's the point of enemies turning into background items if all you have to do to get them to come out is simply stand in the room for a few seconds and the'll come out to attack you anyways?

He was not switching to wrench, medkit is used like in dishonored….

Why the fuck is a modern trailer an hour long of a complete moron playing the game's fucking tutorial?

Have they realized they can get us to make viral webms of their games if they play bad enough?