Ultra Street Fighter II on Switch Has a First-Person Hadouken Mode

archive.fo/iI21R
youtu.be/4727wdZ_v2M?t=2h56m45s

While both Nintendo and Capcom got some flack over Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers being a minimal port from previous console version, it seems like Nintendo Switch will have at least one new feature: first-person mode.
News comes by way of Nintendo Everything who translated a photo of Ultra Street Fighter II’s game box showing. The mode, called Way of the Hado, allows players to take on swarms of enemies by using the Joy-Con’s motion control feature.
How does that work? Capcom has illustrated the gameplay in a promotional video (below, found at 2:57:00) and it looks… interesting.

As mentioned above, Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers is a port of 1994’s Super Street Fighter II Turbo on arcade cabinets. While there is no official release date, Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers launches worldwide sometime in 2017 on Nintendo Switch.

Who cares. I'm not giving capjew any money and you shouldn't either.

10$ ten years ago on xbla. Fuck capjew

It just looks like a mini-game you'll play once for ten minutes. In no way substantial enough to justify another version of SF2.
Also, why did you just copy everything from the article. Why not give your own opinion on the matter?

awesome so they're adding a minigame nobody will play

Why the fuck would i want to buy a game that i can emulate for free on pretty much anything?

Feeling lazy and tired today

If they went that far, why didnt they just add a version of SF2 with 3D graphics besides the obvious answer of this being a cheap cashgrab?

Still waiting for Capcom to reveal this was all just a silly hoax to teach us a lesson about how publishers are pushing things wayyy too far.

My condolences, but I want to hear what you have to say.

I'm more surprised that the proper way of saying "hadouken" is "haDOO-ken" instead of the expected "haDOUGH-ken".

But user, that requires Capcom to not be the root of all evil in modern fighting games.

I think its cute that they add a mini-game

Every time you see ou in romaji, it stands for a long o sound.

えええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええええ

I think that it's a tacky game mode that was made to give people a reason to buy the game again other than the inclusion of Evil Ryu and Violent Ken.

This.

Yes, but watch the webm, he insists it is "haDOO-ken" and everyone tries to say it that way. That was unexpected.

The proper way is ha-DOUGH-ken, but this new mode is written on the back of the case as 波do拳, (ha) do (ken), with 'do' having the English meaning. Japanese do this kind of stylizing text in different ways all the time.

They are just bundling a ROM with an emulator (with netplay i believe), burning it on a disc and charging morons 60 dollars for it. No fucking normalfag wants to play this, they should just port SFV to the Switch if they want to make some easy cash but as it stands this is gonna sell way less than Super Bomberman R which already looks like a rehash but at least has some effort put into it.

Why are the cases still DVD-size? I assume the carts are 3DS size or smaller. Why not use 3DS size cases?

That explains it. I was wondering why the attack name would suddenly be different after all these years. Dumb Japanese puns are nothing new either.

They're actually PSP case size

Why can't they do something fun like Street Fighter Alpha 3 with every single game mode included and some balancing?
Or do a port of the best game in the series; Street Fighter EX2+

Alpha 3 MAX on a console? Maybe with the Hyper Alpha stuff thrown in from the Anniversary Edition? Hell, throw in Violent Ken recolor.

Wait, this picture is legit? Seems fake.

Japanese stores have filler cases already out.

I mean, they COULD sell them in 3DS cases, but I think they want the games to stand out

yeah its fake

That looked awful

Looks like a shitty tech demo something for PS Move/Kinect

Now if there was just plain first person combat so we'd get to experience the female attacks up close like Rainbow Mika's butt attack they could have had something. I think a first person fighter could be done easily if it still has that 2D linear back and forth motion of movement. You'd just have to adjust how the moves look from a first person perspective and how you'd be able to tackle it gameplay wise in a first person perspective without being a gimmick.

Spinning Bird Kick FPS POV please

Ingrid was a very, very horrible character I hope will never return in another fighter.

You can thank Sirlin for fucking things up.