So is there any chance of this being good?

So is there any chance of this being good?
I just want to play a good FPS again and I miss the feeling of fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

legionsoverdrive.com/
playmidair.com/buy/
robpol86.com/imagecfg.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doesn't matter because it's never coming out

Hopefully it will not suck.

Why in the world did they nerf the game and keep it that way when people were very vocal about missing the speed? I'm sure this wasn't good for keeping their player base.

shizzbat

schnozzbutt

This looks boring as fuck.

All the old tribes vets say it's the closest thing to the original

Honestly I've just given up and moved on to Titanfall 2. It's more technical and it's definitely built around hitscan autos but it's just as satisfying in the end.

This is just a clone of Tribes: Ascend

I honestly can't tell if this is bait.

I'll pretend you didn't say that …

Who else thought: 'Is this NMS2?'

It looks like contentless shit OP, the weapons look garbage, no terrain damage, said terrain is all smooth hills, being able to jump high does not a game make. Play that video without the music on top and tell me it looks decent.

'Play your own way' means it's just an empty MP shooting sandbox, pointless CTF and Deathmatch tripe once again, yawnfest.

Whoa, did you got lost on your way to the overwatch thread?

It looks like fucking shit, deal with it.

Nothin personnel

Sure sounds like this kid hasn't played Tribes. What a waste of trips.

A niche game for an already niche audience. I wish them luck, they're gonna need it.

Is this bait?

i was thinking that too, but i think it's an underage retarded that doesn't understand what a tribes is

Underaged, pls go. I don't even play Tribes and I can tell you that arena shooters with CTF are some of the best times to be had.

But we already have legionsoverdrive.com/

i wish this was good but it's not
:(

Looks like a lazy clone. Even if it plays ok it will never have the personality of T:A. tfw you will never push those sandrakers off your world

worried about this as well. the people behind it are supposedly long time tribes fans from back when so they should know their shit but this game has been announced before tribes died and it's been years now and it still looks bland somehow

I've been wanting to know more about this game for a while because you faggots could not stop shilling for a dead game, aka Tribes and I thought this one actually looked less bloated, particularly visually so it might appeal to me to keep playing.

The game will be dead on arrival however, because arena shooters and variants are 100% dead. Only whack-a-mole is the method that will succeed in FPS these days.

Lastly I just found their site for the first time and they are full electric Jew.

playmidair.com/buy/

Early Access
Open Beta
$20

Closed Beta
Access
$35

Closed Beta
Buddy Bundle
$60

Alpha
Access
$70

Instant Access
Last Chance discount
$99

Instant Access (Pre-Alpha) PLAY NOW
Alpha March 2017
Closed Beta June 2017
Early Access Open Beta September 2017
Open Beta October 2017
Release! November 2017

And that's after I cut half the Jewish stuff off like "crates" and stuff. They are going to milk their unwanted game for everything it's worth.

because they used Reddit as their official forums

It was also reddit that kept sperging about Hitscan beeing required because "Muh people with 200+ ping" and that Automatic weapons are totaly in line with the spirit of the original game.

Theyve made some adjustments since but its not the same, for what its worth theres a server that bans hitscan and auto weapons and its at least playable there.

too little too late.

I agree the art direction is fucking trash.

That is its biggest issue I think. Its bad to look at.

No they're implying that if you want to bug test for them and play the unfinished version of the game right now for some god forsake reason you'll need to pay up. Are you just retarded or did you not see the $20 option?

Honestly, once again it's one of these cases where it's not the stupid one who asks, it's the stupid one who pays.

Used to be the master of the gravcycle. Stunts, mid-air flag intercepts, generator room boost trolling… ALL GONE, thank reddit. Fucking kys

Fuck this, just get on Vengeance. It actually even looka far better.

fuck you nigger tribesnext is 100% more accessible and tribes 2
the only thing t:v had going for it was the grappling hook

I've been trying for some time to get it working but i just get unhandled exceptions.

There have been too many pretenders to the tribes throne over the years. I don't know if I can go fast anymore, Holla Forums.

Okay what did Hi-rez mess up exactly with Tribes Ascend? I don't get it. I've played before and after they supposedly messed up the game but I felt no difference. What was the big problem?

Speed cap, prioritizing hitscan weapons and releasing a shitton of useless weapons to bloat the game are the major things.

It went back and forht for a while, they limited max speed for one thing, then they introduced a bunch of weapons that had no reason to exist, reskins with minor stat adjustments.

Then they moved their main forums to Reddit, Redditors sticking with the stereotype of beeing wrong about everything kept insisting that it is important to have HItscan weapons in a game about going fast and judging the speed of the person youre trying to shoot because "muh 200+ ping.

They also insisted that automatic weapons with no spread should be the bread and butter weapon opposed to disc launchers, and the fact that they can adjust their aim far easier due to not having to reload after each shot is totaly not a balance problem and that their damage output absolutley doesnt need to be adjusted.

Then they started mocking people using Spinfusers as "honorfusers", which eventually became a weapon in the game that only deals damage on midairs.

TL;DR Hi Rez is incompetent and they listened to the wrong people to fix their problems.

Theyve adressed some of the issues, they havent removed hitscan snipers but they have at least reduced the damage, they have however not done anything about the ridiculous dominance of chainguns and the lackluster speed.

no

hopefully it will be good, but tribes ass end babies will find it to difficult

look at them, they can't even tell the difference between games

It started even before that, really, with their killing of the community by not-so-gradually abandoning the game for fucking SMITE of all things. Got their shekels and cut it loose, typical F2P dev scum.

Kill yourself

Its not, the board is that bad at this point

Do you still not understand HiRez Modus Operandi?

Turn off vertex lighting.
Force Tribes 2 to use only one CPU core with the tool in this link.
robpol86.com/imagecfg.html
Then you pray. I haven't had a UE in a long time, I don't even worry about them anymore. I'm assuming you're getting UEs during gameplay.

I looked into this with some excitement. There is virtually nobody playing this shit. Why would you even mention it.

that's because they are both the same "online multiplayer competitive" unreal engine crap.

Becuase the people who play have lives and jobs, it's the middle of the day.
Check Snap Crackle Pub later tonight. Like 7 or 8 hours from now. Will probably get around 14-20 people. Maybe more since it's the weekend, there was 16 Thursday night.

You should leave this board.