Computer Game Reccomendation thread

Finally got a PC good enough to play gaems on and I'm tired of pirating AAA garbage like RE7 and emulation.

What are some decent PC games? Not even looking for exclusives.
Already played
>various indieshit games like HyperLight Drifter and undermeme (you lads was right about these)
And recently I've started getting good at stepmania, anything major I'm missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/fteqw/
quakeworld.nu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Xanadu Next

Looks incredible, thanks. Will definitely be checking this out.
Did the English version make it out alright, or am I better playing the Japanese and using translation patch/guides?

Shilling for some strategy games, be them RTS, 4X or Grand Strat if you can muster enough autism. Stuff like Offworld Trading Company, Endless Legend, Endless Space, Age Of Empires 2 HD (if only for the excelent mods available) are breddy gud. Other than that, the vehicle based isometric shooter Brigador is also a nice title. Unless you're not into them in which case feel free to disregard this post.

The official English release has the better script, nothing wrong with it. Also the official localizations bunch of new display options not in the original. If you pirated, make sure it's not the launch version. There was a few minor problems but it all got fixed.

Binding of Isaac
Anything you want to/can emulate

I'm fine with strategy games, really liked Crusader Kings 2.
Need a good week of solid wall-to-wall autist mode to really get into them but from some brief sessions with CK and IH I can say with some degree of certainty that I'd like the genre.
Your bringing up of Brigador reminded me of the Mad Max game that came out a while afo - big sucker for car combat and destruction physics, is it any good?

Got you, I probably will pirate and then buy the steam version if I'm enjoying it.

Looks like zelda with some shooter elements, like the idea.

Mostly classics.

Thief 1+2. 1 for the crazy ass world with magic and gigantic levels. 2 if you liked 1 and want a mechanically better game.

I'm assuming since you listed FO2 you won't mind if I recommend some older games like Gothic 1 & 2. You'll have to look up a guide on how to get them working, though.

serious sam, duke nukem (get eduke32 and get the grp/rts files from the atomic/megaton edition), cycle-based emulators, dead heat, outrun 2006, sega rally 2, sonic after the sequel, sonic worlds, xonotic, hitman: slient assassin 2, sonic adventure 2, blood, worms aramageddon, tony hawk pro skater 4, tony hawk underground 2 + thugpro, postal 1/redux, postal 2 and jet set radio. there's plenty of games but I recommend playing one game at a time and only drop it if it's genuinely shit.
good as in "oh boy i can AA stepfiles made for pads"?

why

I find Brigador to be quite engaging. You need to grind some money for the good stuff at the start, but the more you unlock the more variety you have and the more fun you get from the many wacky builds you can come up with, and the crazy viability of stuff that might seem useless shit, up to and including full yolo builds that deal insane damage but die insanely quickly.

It's also not as simple as you might think from watching it, everything matters in the game, from the size of the vehicle, the faction said vehicle belongs to, weapon type, damage type, noise made by the weapons, the use of the terrain, everything is utilized to make the isometric experience a bit more than "just go turret mode and shoot shit". Facing the spacers can fuck you up real good if you don't know what you're doing, I suggest you give it a go after seeing embed related.

Billy Hatcher if you like 3D platformers

because if I said hitman, you would be confused for 201X's HITMAN

Not at all, in fact I was looking for older games in part since the "recommendation" threads on other websites were full of AAA garbage and pretentious walking simulators.

E.Y.E Also looks right up my alley.
I need more time to get into Dorf Fort but I downloaded it a while ago, play it semi-regularly, and am beginning to understand why it's good.
Try and sell me on Kerbal?

This also looks amazing, THPS games were always a favorite of mine. The very idea of playing it online gets my dick hard.

Because it's fucking good. Played that shit on gamecube - almost as good as Blood Money.

Also played this on gamecube, great game. Will download again.

Going to vouch for brigador too, doesn't look like much at the start since Norman Osberger is a weak little bitch who can't handle an actual fight and The Auditor is The Auditor, but once you ramp up the difficulty shit gets crazy.
Brokenheart is best tankfu, literally her only downside is a lack of synergy with AK pulse.

Make sure to download the PC port.

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Simulator
Alpha Protocol
Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Morrowind
Nexus: the Jupiter Incident
Rome Total War
Serpent in the Staglands
Shadowrun Hong Kong
Alpha Centauri
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Way of the Samurai 4

Ah, a fellow patrician with patrician tastes. Canmore steals my heart from time to time though

Adding to my comment OP, the game has a great soundtrack and tons of lore to boot, bot only that but the devs are really chill and are giving updates to the game with new levels, new pilots, new vehicles and rebalancing of weapons and abilities, all for free. They're currently working on revamping the campaign mode with more story, which is good considering that the campaign is kind of weak when compared to the massive playground that is freelance mode.

Sorry that most of these are indie or pixel shit

Anachronox
Cave Story +
Cryostasis Sleep of Reason
Deadbolt
Divine Divinity
Enter The Gungeon
Heretic : Shadow Of The Serpent Riders
Hotline Miami 1&2
Nox
Painkiller
Risk Of Rain
Rune
Sacred Gold
Terraria
Tyrian
Strife

Lego meets orbital mechanics. You build spaceships using contemporary/slightly futuristic parts (think more powerful ion engines and NERV) and launch them to space under relatively realistic physics. Has an entire solar system (about 1/6 the size of ours) and you can go anywhere, provided your craft can get there. Has a carrer mode with tech tree and money and a sandbox mode where everything is free and unlocked from the start.
Has a metric fuckton of mods available, too. You can go full autism with Realism Overhaul (real solar system, real fuels, real spaceship components), Ferram Aerospace Research (more realistic atmosphere physics) and Principia (n-body gravity).
There's a thread up right now, if you're interested

People keep saying this but I've played a few hours and enemies seem to be massive bullet sponges.

I think its spread out between the various enemy types pretty consistently, small guys go down with less while the bigger ones go down with more.

Although there are some inconsistencies here and there. Like the chain gunner goes down more easily than the the regular gun nut, even though I think it should be harder to kill the chain gunner by adding the ability to stop bullets if your projectiles come into contact with his swinging chain thing.

What I think is bullshit is that a normal enemy that takes 3 hits on the first floor takes 4-5 on the next. I get the increase of difficulty but there is literally no other reason other than the difficulty increase.

Play through Thief 2X, deadly shadows, and fuck around in the dark mod if you can't have enough.

I'm curious to see what your old specs were before you finally got this new PC

Looked into this, looks really good

weren't deadbolt and RoR made by /agdg/? They both look impressive and the guy who made it has a really interesting style.

I will definitely be playing through Thief and Deus Ex, big sucker for stealth games with unique worlds

memepad T420 - unsure of exact specs. Could barely run dork souls and SNES games, got it used and had HDD failure almost every time I traveled, finally crapped out on me so I got a SJWpi for mobileshit and built a computer at micro-center.
Now I've got a custom-built one with a decent GPU and CPU that can run most modern vidyas and emulate even PS2/Gamecube games well.
If you want specifics I think Intel i7 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce 1080 which I suspect of being a meme.

I couldn't really get into deadly shadows or the dark mod. Shadows felt really clunky for some reason, and the dark mod doesn't feel like a game.

Play Quake + mission packs
Get FTE Quakeworld is has a ton of extra features and support for fucking everything.
>>>sourceforge.net/projects/fteqw/

Do people still play Quakeworld?

Multiplayer isn't totally dead, usually a good FFA server on weekend nights.

Don't play with those fucking hideous lighting mods though.

Last time I checked when it came to FFA netquake was more popular (for some stupid reason). But there are usually people just waiting for some KTX action (they're usually very skilled though)

quakeworld.nu/