Star Wars Vidya

Since the Not-So-Humble Bundle site has got a Star Wars vidya bundle up, are any of these games there worth a pirate and playthrough? Or are they mostly all shit in this lineup?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The KOTOR games are good, SWGB is an AOE2 reskin with some very minor changes, Battlefront 2 is good, Jedi Outcast is good, TFU is bad, can't speak for the rest.

Shadows of the empire is the best star wars game. Prove me wrong.

I do kinda want force unleashed but I dont even have 14$, and I barely have the motivation to play vidya.

KOTOR I and II, Jedi Knight II, Battlefront and Shadows of the Empire are worth playing if you haven't, and Empire at War if you like RTS. Can't speak to the others on the list.

i have played every single game on this list.
both good, make sure to mod 2 with the lost content mod or whatever it's called
Awesome, just below TIE Fighter on my personal list. the story is kinda boring but it plays really well, and you finally get to fly a YT-1300 it really isn't anything to write home about
Good, the Star Wars flight sims are fucking incredible
it's AOE2 but star wars. not bad, good for the occasional fun round
one of the best star wars games ever made and a damn good game period. it's fucking awesome
it's awesome
it's nothing special
it's nothing special, but it's worth playing to see something that was literally the hottest shit at the time it came out that has aged like shit
totally awful story and boring combat, but it's fun if you disconnect and just play it as Force Be A Huge Jackass Simulator
banging out of control, aged pretty well and ROGUE SQUADRON WHERE'S OUR COVER
nostalgia goggles talking here, but this game was fucking awesome. the original parts of the soundtrack alone are great (Xizor's Palace theme is 10/10), good story, good gameplay, and remember the pussy-ass speeder bikes from Jedi? Fuck those and fuck you, ride a swoop bike in this one which is basically a chopped down hot rod version of those
fucking awesome space battles + fucking god-awful land battles. good turn-based galactic conquest mode where you take and defend planets and star systems to bolster your economy and eventually build a fucking death star to laser the rebellion out of existence planet by planet you DID play as the empire, right

overall if you absolutely must "own" copies of these on steam this is a killer bundle, but bear in mind that literally nobody who designed any of these is getting any money from them so pirate freely

xizor's palace theme for anyone who cares. goddamn i love this shit

Starfighter and force unleashed are fucking shit.

Rest range from worthwhile to great.

It's shit, user.
It's god-tier shit, though. Thanks for sharing it

Battlefront II and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy all kick ass.

I host Jedi Academy with the Jedi Outcast maps, actually. We have a list of stuff for the game like custom maps, models, how to play on widescreen, etc.

My User Name: InspecktahDeck - Steam Group Name: Speck's Unreal Holla Forumsidya. You don’t need the steam version to play, but having steam lets you receive announcements when we play. Announcements, schedules, essential files, faqs, group forums, our group discord, and extra stuff is listed all right on the front page.

steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal

But all those games are free, why would you give money to Disney?

pirate, do NOT give Disney and money

They are like the EA of movie companies

All of those games are either good or great, definitely worth trying with the notable exception of The Force Unleashed 2 which is fucking terrible.

Dark Forces 1 is really good if you like DOS. Sick atmosphere, music and shooting. It's also the first game in the Jedi Knight series when Kyle Katarn is a mercenary. Wish I could post some music, but most of the youtube vids are the psx version of the OST.

Not even once.

Regardless of IP integrity, Kike Wars has surprisingly fun games. I would even add Star Wars: TIE Fighter to that list if you don't mind DOS box and are looking for a challenge.

Where's Republic Commando?

Is it true that the PS2/Wii version is the best one?

Force Unleashed runs like shit on PC. 360 version is better but has long load times.

Shadows of the empire is awkward to play without mouselook. Really overrated too. Most levels are completely empty except for 10 or so enemies. Does have a good soundtrack and it holds a certain charm.

Never played Kotor but everyone jacks off over it.

Jedi Outcast is pretty fun.

Battlefront 2 isnt worth 11 dollars. There is a torrent floating around that has a ton of user-made maps and characters along with the game. just get that.

The rest I dont know shit about.

PS2 and Wii version has a lot more content and some better level design but the combat isnt as fluid and the graphics are shit even by PS2 standards

These are the ones worth paying money for, so they're also the ones worth pirating and playing through:

TIE Fighter was recently rereleased on gog with the far superior CD Collector's Edition baked in, so you can get that sweet dynamic MIDI soundtrack and won't need to dick around with DOSbox if you're not into that