Pandora's Tower

can we talk about the other games from Operation Rainfall?
I don't see it getting that much attention but I think it is a superb game. The levels all have several shortcuts so if you are running out of time you can head back and then return to resume your progress quickly. The game did a great job in making me care about Elena. It feels like a cross between demon souls and majora's mask.

What are your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

bluedragon.wikia.com/wiki/Poo_Snake
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still need to play this. Is it worth re-modding my Wii, or can I just use dolphin?

Is this 20010 again?

Nope.

Slick

Haven't given it a go yet myself. I remember hearing something about the NA release having some glitch in it that XSEED couldn't figure out a fix for; not sure how badly it affects the game.

I wish I could go Online with Last Story

using dolphin and if your computer can run it looks pretty good

there is one glitch late in the game and no one is sure what exactly causes it.

If memory serves the space cleared from the Wii and DS vacating their mobile servers or whatever got filled with mobile game servers.

What does it do, how much does it effect the game, and is it avoidable?

Meant "online servers". Not sure how I fucked that up.

Xenoblade>>>>>>>>>Pandora's Tower>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Last Story
Prove me wrong
Pro-tip: you can't

crashes the game,
yes, but no one is sure exactly how. it happens near a save so it is not like 4 hours lost or anything
I don't think it is in the European version so you can always just play that on dolphin

no

The English voice-overs were the best thing to come out of Operation Rainfall.

When can we finally supplant NoA with NoE?

Not sure I'd call NoE free of issue. I mean, didn't they blackwash some of the characters in that 3DS Style Savvy game? Still probably better than NoA though.

Would that also work played with a loader on a modded Wii, region locking be damned?

You're right. Going into these games, I thought that order would be completely different, but Last Story is shit and Pandora's Tower isn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

I can't say for certain but I think as long as you play the European version you should be fine.

i tought it was a bit annying the fat that you had a limited amount to time to grid when you go to the tower.
but despise that when i got the best ending i felt it was a journey that was worthy to have.
in short i enjoyed it.

pretty much

It's the best 3D Castlevania game: the whip gameplay is great and ripping off a boss' heart was my best moment on the Wii.

But the dating sim aspects were not needed. Although great keks were had the first time I failed and the girl transformed into a blob.

Found the pleb. Kids love Xenoblade because it's big and colorful, adults can appreciate TLS because it innovates. You expected yet another JRPG and instead got a weird mix mash of cover based shooter, moba and Majora's Mask.

It was made to try and push somethin new, not to be easily digested.

In regards to the glitch, I think it occurs when you try to enter one of the last towers. It happened constantly to me, and my "solution" was to wait on the tower select screen for a bit before selecting there.

Pandora's Tower was my personal favorite from the list of Rainfall games, I got waifu faggotry, awesome exploration and solitude. Feeding time is a bit of a chore, but for Elena, the world.

I would like the mechanics in The Last Story revisited since I think that game had some potential but wasn't all that hot. It was still worth buying and playing at the time imo.

I thought it was because of an event build up with Elena? For some reason a lot of the item events (Her discussing things you've given her) don't unlock until the last two towers

Good fucking game, plenty of surprises and fuck, Ganbarion needs to make more original IPs than making One Piece or Dragon Ball games.

I still heavily prefer Pandoras Tower over Xenoblade. The latter was a great game, but reminds me a bit too much of a single player mmo. Panties Tower was an excellent experience. It struck me the most when I was in just that mindset. Best game on the Wii, the only playable "dating sim" and easily one of the best games in my top list.

Yeah. Last story was just… boring
Not much else. Couldn't see the heavy ambitions from the FF crew and those british voices didn't help much either.
What a very sad lookback on that thing.
Concept art and music was so awesome…

Haven't had played TLS but PT > Xenoblade. XB was boring and a single player mmo. Music was nice I guess.

It makes me wonder though, PT was great and only through effort did it get translated. I'm just wondering what amazing games are still Japan only that I don't know about.

I can see that for the combat system but the story was generic as fuck. The sidequests were good because you got to learn more about the side characters, but the final boss was just an asspull

What were the surprises? it was pretty generic and straight forward

There's nothing more stressful and agonizing to me than games with time limit mechanics.

I still managed to finish this game

It's a good game but super frustrating

I dropped it for like a year and just started playing it again, and I'm amazed at the level of detail in the game. And a bit annoyed. Hanging signs are my bane. I also forgot how to play, what's going on, and everything
Why are Prank Bananas so fun, Holla Forums?

I hate time limit mechanics normally too but I actually didn't mind it here.

the glitch? It has to do with the light and dark towers. The theory is that they load in pairs and sometimes what loads in one tower does not properly match the other and the game crashes.

This is still one of the things that I will never understand. If not from the start, there should be some kind of patch or update that makes online content available offline. Even if it's just dumbing down the difficulty so it can be solo'd or adding in AI NPC partners, there's no reason to develop all that content knowing that it will be wholly unplayable within a few months of release.

Great game. I found Elena to be a very likable character despite not caring for dating sims or anything resembling them. The world also has surprising amounts of lore, which I appreciate a lot. Great endings, too.

I think it's pretty unique in the sense that the level design is completely reliable on the pre-determined camera angles (e.g. with a free camera you'd be able to grapple on point C from point A, but you're only supposed to do that from point B because C doesn't show up on the screen otherwise). I can't remember any other game that's designed that way.

Other than that I wish the controls for dodging weren't so clunky.

The Last Story had a great combat system that translated well for online play. I would love to see it return one day, but it probably never will.

*completely reliant

derp

They did it's called AR

Bumping with music

There was a cursory effort to try to save the online packet captures for various Wii and DS games before their servers got taken down some years back, so that perhaps one day online options might function for emulation. Checking the site for it, The Last Story was one of the handful of Wii games that got done for. Maybe one day it will be playable online again, albeit unofficially.

This game is under rated.

It was great - in fact it's my fave out of the three Rainfall games. I got the EU version undubbed so I didn't get any annoying bugs.

This.
I started off slow and took my time. The little details with how Elena/Seres reacts to the meat as you progress through the game were neat.
Later on she wouldn't even properly greet MC - instead she just snatched the meat and gulped it down.

In my first playthrough I finished the sixth tower in a Saturday morning, and I was hooked so I marathoned the rest of the game. I was interrupted by a power outage at the penultimate tower but I didn't let that bring me down. At the end of the night I got ending S, culminating a pretty enjoyable run. Final boss theme is pretty cool, too.

This is one of those late Wii games that must look fantastic emulated at 1080 & higher.

I only really had fun with this cause of the cutscenes really. Final Boss theme was pretty tight though.
Gameplay was pretty nice though. It just feels like a lot of it's potential wasn't fully reached

Old fashion comedy I guess?

>Tfw Mistwalker is now a zombie

The Last Story was definitely far from a "shit game", but it is Mistwalker's weakest game to date imo.
Damn shame all of their projects have been massive flops and they've been relegated to making mobile shit whilst Square is free to continue to pump out shit. Meanwhile Lost Odyssey was miles better than any FF since 9.
This industry is truly fucked

Why does it have such shitty enemy design?

I liked the enemy design, my bigger issue with it was the shit tier spell animations.
Blue Dragon definitely has it's flaws but I'd still say it's better than 90% of the "RPG's" that come from modern Square. I'll never forgive Microsoft for shitcanning Mistwalker's third Xbox project.

The same problem as with other wii action games - terrible fucking framerate.
I can deal with 20 fps lock in some offline mmo with cool down based combat like Xenoblade, but fucking pandora tower, as well as a whole bunch of others were unplayable because of it.

I tried it years later on emulator, and while looking surprisingly good, it still hardlocked at an unplayable framerate.
Fuck consoles tbh.

It was great most of the time.

If you want an answer to the question, blame Toriyama.
No, seriously, he was design chief

bluedragon.wikia.com/wiki/Poo_Snake

If I had known that I would've got it

I am still deeply disturbed that they never made a sequel to Last Story.

You might be able to with an altwfc server. People do that for Battalion Wars 2.

You say that, but what's even left to do?

Last Story was my favorite game on the wii/wiiu. The only problem game had that it's short. Finished Xenoblade and didn't enjoy it at all. Boring gameplay mixed up with bland characters and boss.

I need to fire this up.

So from what I hear it's basically Greek bishonen Castlevania?

Yep pretty much also if Leon was able to romance Sarah in game