ACT 8
ACT 9
ACT 10

WHAT THE FUCK

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lockstep
youtube.com/watch?v=cf6Ha-R7taA
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1821389
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQDuAW8DmgQHC2ENfBFQFSAV1xg8GFYZtBslHNwdTx3ZHwIi9CSdKPoqTSpTKyYspiy_LOktHy2DNAo1uTbFN2Y3gzwtQYdDVENjQ8hEDUSKRnFLrkyzTwRRTFIpVIJV4FZjVytXyVhaXGtewF8qYlpilWjybAttGW5pbwhvnnFNcWJ1KnxLfVt_xoLHgwmDX4PMhEiFMoauhrOIQohaiFuK5It6jxqQ1pMnkzqWdJrPm-ygQqEvo--m66crrEeu_a9ssAuycLQMtz64k70nvYK-ir6nwcXDbcauyPDKSsrT037V-Nlb34ri9-kC6rrr5Ovu7BjsLu969HH2o_nd-ej-sw==
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvA3UEBwRRBjkLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwXLxo4HM4dFB8CJKoksCcvK1ArtjLRNsU26TdHOhY8BT0PPV9FR0bXTLNPBE99UWBSU1XGVdZYd1jlWfNaK1xrXl1fBGP9ZOdmVGaeaFpo8musbRlxeXGFcg965nxLfIN99YBWgKSCm4PbhEiGgorki3qLjIxGj0aQVZErlG-WdJeVl_SaO5vsna6f36IAo_KnCKeUr2yvp7aGwxPDbcT2xq7R_dgk2t3hc-L342rr7u988B_zBviT-d360vuq_lQ=?accountName=Slairne&characterName=BurningSeer
pathofexile.com/oriath
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1832918
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Slayer
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nqZSHanh6qSeE79rBdO0FLXrvLlPTb2EhGlWI7an64e826IZgOlIOPBRxG6rBB9d-YxcQ8PJagTrfv9tP4MMlvLyfGJEUTfxL2XyCB_jr891oZbvtkc7qGHasz373MnzZrY3ZYYVS6wk5DgmWl3nkUVBH7w4UIF8_QKBeEyFVLPuKIicgouoS4Qthg188Lcautz6DzK9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf33KprKpZ8xo4kFUnL8T2_grYvTWS8kU64aZXMZ5N4_6PpTUMcDu29WGygIa0hacnn9w9B3XApp8-LdI=
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239
poe.trade,
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvA3UEBwRRBjkLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwXLxo4HM4dFB8CJKoksCcvK1ArtjbFNuk6FjrYPAU8LT0PPV9G10yzTwRPfVFgUlNVxlXWWHdY5VnzWitca15dXwRj_WTnZlRmnmhaaPJtGXF5cYVyD3rmfEt8g3y7gFaApIKbg1-D24RIhoKK5It6jEaPRpBVkSuUb5Z0l5WX9Jo7m-ydrp_fogCj8qcIp5SvbK-ntobDE8NtxPbGrtH92CTa3eFz4vfjauvu73zwH_MG-JP60vuq_lQ=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvA3UEBwRRBjkLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwXLxhqGjgczhzcHRQfAiSqJLAnLytQK7Y2xTbpOhY62DwFPC09Dz1fTLNPBFFgUlNVxlXWWAdYd1jlWfNaK1xrXl1fBGTnZlRmnmhaaPJtGXF5cg94L3xLfIN8u3zlgKSCm4Nfg9uESIaCiuSLeoxGjxqPRpBVkSuUb5Z0l5WX9Jo7m6Gb7J2un9-iAKPypwinlK9sr6e2hsMTw23E9sau0B_R_dgk4XPi9-Nq6-7vfO_r8B_zBviT-d360vuq_lQ=
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Orb_of_Storms
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Infernal_Mantle
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spire_of_Stone
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR8RYGj7yLxznah7SIfJBggfZfBRxDjwsp9-_9q54adtP4MMlvK4-Z5vkUcauDF8cp1OlC2GvbGjyfEvwH6IABLM8BZ_fmjuCm-987Dg62CcvkFUaOFnzcg9mnljl-tJaK6PyhXtmVMMTFm_jaiSqNukdFBJpFxxxeVcN2WGtjc9-dqw8LYNfj0anCNgkVkjr7nyDp5ReXdH9HNyPGpuh99esmDpYVcaD2xhqOVJYBxDMK7aMRviTg8y3Pv4K2L3yRTrhpldN4_6PNZLhcxYLe7MXjM9nuX7GBKajBsM=
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Too many acts already. I want to be able to speedrun to merciless where the game actually starts being interesting. They keep putting more and more garbage in the way.
zzzzzzzzz

Oh man I can't wait for the item and skill bloat to be even worse than it is now!
Maybe there'll be 5 whole viable shaper builds!

Or is that what "six new acts, a single playthrough" means?
Acts 1-4 are Normal difficulty.
Acts 5-7 are Cruel difficulty.
Acts 8-10 are Merciless difficulty?
That would be almost acceptable.

I'm still waiting for glass cannon builds to be viable, since they're by far the most fun. Never having to waste a single point on HP/ES/Armor/Evade would be really fucking nice for a change. Sadly, even with all of their positional skills, the netcode is still too shit to allow for active dodging to replace stat-padding defense.

Thank fucking christ, that was the most obnoxious thing about rolling new characters.

i think there's no more cruel and merciless difficulty, so that's great

Same thing, basically, just no more replaying the acts 3x each. I imagine the same difficulty spikes will occur after act 4 and act 7, as if passing into Cruel/Merciless.

it's a little early for april's fool jokes

t. people who haven't played d2 and think their opinion on the genre is worth three shits

the only people who didn't like diablo 3 are people who wanted a sequel to diablo 2

Nigger I played the shit out of Diablo II.
Path of Exile implemented the difficulty system for no reason other than artificially padding out gear grinding and their horrendously balanced special snowflake levelling system. There was no meaningful differences between the same acts on other difficulties than the retarded resistance debuffs and map identity being even further diluted by out of place spawns.

and people that want to play a good game

inb4
rehashed acts suck but it's better than repeating the exact same content 3 times. or twice, as I was expecting.

did they fix the desync issues? shit was King Crimson in vidya form the last time i play it

PoE devs must be desperate if they show up just to post stuff like this.

That got fixed a long time ago, as long as you're not living in Zimbabwe and using reeds as telephone lines for your 56k modem.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lockstep

I'm not going to lie: I miss the lion orb.

Did they really add anything worth a shit in these acts? Did they make Summoner builds fun yet?

Damn I was gonna install this and play but then I remembered this and lost all interest.

The one on the top looks dumb as fuck.

the Holla Forums mentality

i may try it then, how much judaism does it have? I just want to play a video game in peace without a david star ramming my anus

So what is this? A F2P topdown hacknslash like diablo and grim dawn?

Want more slots? $6+ please.

Want an outfit? $20 please.

Want a pet? $10 please

Want a game that isn't shit? Well, sucks to be you.

You can buy more stash space, and currently if you want to sell items without 3rd party apps you need to buy "premium" stash tabs, you don't need these to sell but they certainly streamline the listing process. You currently start with 4 tabs and at the moment these are way too few if you play the game and try to map and get rich, but if you're just playing casually they're enough, we may get more if GGG get's their head out of their collective ass by 3.0.
That would be the only jewish component the game has imo, but it's too much for some people, others don't mind as much. Cosmetic microtransactions are incredibly expensive though, jesus like 20 bucks for some random parrot pet and shit like that.

Pretty much yeah.

the orbs are women in bondage now

yeah, lot better than diablo 3 tho, i dont know about grim dawn

And I thought Symphogear S4 and 5 was a fucking announcement bomb.

Well, I meant the 6 new acts that they're adding, not the total count. Also I can't fucking count, apparently.

Its diablo.

If my memory serves me right, you are now goign fullblown monkey king on the people who kicked you out, probabl ywith good reason, even though the main issue is the thaumatuergy, and inquisition/Aristocracy, right?

The gods return and took control over every faction. And its your job to murder every god and exterminate every last member of every faction because fuck them! even if every fucking character including player characters were the member of these factions and worshiped these gods.

There is literally nothing wrong with taking insanely disproportionate revenge against everyone including people who have never heard of you and never committed any trespass against you.

BOOBS ARE BACK
At least to certain degree.

It means exactly what you said, they got rid of cruel and merciless.

youtube.com/watch?v=cf6Ha-R7taA
Here is summary of act 6. Besides you visit few locations from act1 & 2 nothing is same. Even locations you revisit are changed.

What happens to ascendancy points then?

It sounds like you revisit the old locations, so you'll probably just revisit Sarn at acts 6 and 9.

fuck it

my computer can't run this or grim dawn reliably, so it's back to d2 and titan quest.

You might wanna try again, recent updates to the DX11 renderer made the game playable on my craptop.

Dont try pale court on HC.

PS. In fact dont even try it ever.

It makes me wonder where they'll put the new endgame mapping location. If this follows the thematic convention of the acts now, it'll be act 8.

Don't you mean act 9? There is an act 10 after all.

Well if we're going from Coast -> Forest -> Sarn -> Mountain -> Oriath, then it would be Act 8, because the lab is in Sarn. But who the fuck knows maybe there'll be a copy of that in Oriath as well for you to fuck with.

Well, they did bring a map device from Wraeclast to Oriath which the Shaper got to rebuild. So there should be one standing there in some library, archive, laboratory or some such.

no thanks I'll just play Grim Dawn instead. Don't need to play for hours for the game to start there and every level up feels at least a little bit meaningful.

Path of Exile, is to me, deeply flawed. I absolutely love the aesthetics involved. Sound direction is sublime. Voice acting is actually surprisingly good. But god damnit, why does the does the talent tree system have to be so shit? Why are the skills so god damn unsatisfying to use? And why oh why does everything related to gear have to be so painfully awful?

In other games of this genre, you can actually get decent loot from progressing through the acts, by farming act bosses, by farming close-to-warps mini bosses, by gambling away resources or even crafting. But not PoE. Finding a decent piece of gear outside of maps is almost impossible. Gambling is utterly pointless. And crafting is something rich players do to get richer.

I want to love this game. I can confidently say that I've sunk over 15k hours into this genre and my hunger for more hasn't been sated by any of the new games that came out in the past 10+ years. PoE hits so many of the right buttons, but the game's systems are so fucking garbage that I just can't stomach it.

Yeah. I guess we'll see when the whole thing finally hits.

Also another thought struck me. If they're removing both Cruel and Merciless, I think we might see a return of the filler levels they have removed to accommodate the then-new Act 4. Meaning the return of 3-level Solaris and Lunaris Temples, a longer Vaal Ruin in Act 2 once again, fuck knows what else they removed last time.

More in act 4. Areas for each of the godless three, areas where you get to the dreams instead of all three portals in one place, maybe more in the dried lake area.

You must be really smart.

getting to the endgame is not about grinding for gear idiot. it's just a hurdle to get past so you can get to areas where the loot is so you can grind for that. basically what said. I have no problem with grinding when there's a reward for it but grinding to get to the grind is where I draw the line.

After replaying PoE for the last time six months ago I suffered an ARPG burnout, wondering if I was having fun at all with my umpteenth hold M2 to win build, and what exactly was it that I thought was fun about them. Had I not been listening to a podcast in the background, I might have very well died out of boredom and/or an existential crisis. I do not think it's a problem unique to PoE, for I had played Grim Dawn right before that and it left me feeling the same way.

Was it the joy of seeing my pre-planned build work out step by step? Was it the joy of being lucky enough to find a randomly generated item good enough to sell or replace what I was currently wearing? Was it the carnage of clearing out mobs of enemies with my spin to win powers? Over time I must've forgotten, because at some point it dawned to me that I was doing the same thing over and over and over and over

And then this shit happens. Six new fucking acts. I'm not expecting them to be as huge as the first three as the fourth act was kinda small to begin with on top of having me doubt if this isn't a quantity over quality situation, but for once there's an ARPG where you don't have to replay the same content three times to get the bestest loot. So maybe they'll just add a ton of filler. Unfortunately the story, lore and atmosphere are what strongly draw me to PoE, so I can't help but replay it once the expansion hits. Again. What else is it that draws you people to play PoE or any other ARPG again?

Only after you learn the ways of the merchant and how to reign over the goy, may you gain access to unique gears and fun ways to play.

Define replay? In my mind that term just means running through the acts, when the true meat of the game is in maps.

Mapping, making builds.

Then why do they bore me so?

because they're designed around playing the generic FOTM build?

I find them boring, too. Rifts and greater rifts in D3 are also boring (and terribly unfun). And they feel like the meat and potatoes of the game, making each and every fact feel like an afterthought you have to suffer through.

In D2 terms, it'd be like if the entire reason to go through the game was so you could do Baal runs or hell cow runs. But in reality, you had to have good gear to solo Andariel for most builds. Same with Duriel, the Council/Meph, Diablo and Ancients/Baal. Almost every build had to farm resist/HP gear and decent weapons to advance through normal. Then to get through NM you had to work on getting your resists capped and get a few uniques. Hell required you go have really good damage and have some serious survivability. You actually played the game before getting to the end. But for PoE you just try to get through the whole thing ASAP so you can get to the "good part", but the "good part" isn't fun.

That's a good way to sum it up: you can't have fun until you get rich from trading.

Might just not be the game for you then. I like mapping just fine personally, but it's not gonna be for everyone.

If you know what you're doing, you can do builds that can do all content in the game with the budget of like 1ex or even less.

Just starting a new character and grinding up all the way to Merciless. I only feel the need to replay in a new league after a major content update.

I never felt any compulsion to bother with endgame maps. To me they're just more of the same with the added bonus of letting you craft your own modifiers on them and letting your build run free.

I kind of like the idea of becoming so stronk you kill the big bad evil god, then instead of going "okay, job done, evil's dead" you go and decide to kill all the possibly-not-evil gods, ruin any civilization you don't like, and generally just do everything possible because you ran out of stuff to do as a nearly invincible killing machine.

Of course, the entire lore breaks when you take into account all the other players, like 99% of online RPGs. It's pretty weird if thousands of people are stronger than gods and all decided to just kill everything.

See I don't get that, the game only really gets going to its own in maps. Before that many builds don't even work at all before that due to things like item level requirements.

Not saying it's necessarily a good thing it works like that, but I wouldn't get anything out of just playing through the difficulties, especially since I do it 6+ times per league when making new characters.

But that's wrong. If there's one thing I love about PoE, it's that the whole purpose of every build is to "break" a set of skills that become OP as fuck when used a certain way (but end-game being balanced so you NEED to break it and be OP as fuck).
Shit like cast on crit, cyclone damage stacking, flicker strike in general, etc. are fun as fuck to find ways to make ridiculous, and the game not only makes it possible to make almost every skill get ridiculous late-game, but expects this to be done to progress.

all of the things you listed aren't shaper viable. Especially flicker which dies in mid tier maps because it cannot handle reflect period.

Don't roll reflect maps then? Flicker can do up to t15 fine, T16 gets dodgy and I wouldn't count on doing Shaper with it, that I agree with.

You'll splat on a random elite reflect. Flicker is garbage for endgame.

I'm talking about the skills themselves, not the systems behind them. The visuals and sounds involved. Maybe it's related to how the monsters react to the skills, too. There's just some "oomph" missing that makes a lot of the PoE skills a hell of a lot less fun to use than skills in other ARPGs. I'm not saying that skills need to fill the entire screen with a single button press, just that the skills feel unappealing to me in this particular game.

If you die to a single reflect rare on flicker there's something wrong with your build. I agree it's not the best endgame skill but just like most skills these days it does everything up to T15 just fine.

If you focus more on making a FUN build over making a "map viable" build, you can normally start having a fun and "working" build by the time you're in cruel (usually level 45).

Ah, I haven't played AoW expansion yet, but I can believe most of those are shit against the end-end-end-game boss. I've always been able to map just fine as flicker, though, you just need to slightly build around the map. If there's reflect, just stack even more leech and shit, atziri's flask helps a lot. Also using that one unique (forget its name) 2h sword that does pure fire damage.

That's just because the skills are based on upgrading them via synergy with other shit to increase effect, rather than upgrading them via leveling them up.
I'd rather a boring-looking ground slam that you can link a bunch of other skills onto to make it a ridiculous explosion machinegun over a skill that just makes an explosion that gets bigger the more you level it up.

Dumbass, a single pack will make you splat with flicker. Even if you go full path of ES, then again I'm sure Flicker will get nerfed again for no reason while such underpowered skills like blade vortex get buffed for the 12th time in a row. Maybe we'll see a random buff to glacial hammer and a nerf to all melee survivability skills… again.

The fact that there's only a small handful of endgame viable skills shows how inept and incompetent the devs are, especially because they nerf the fuck out of fun interaction builds. "oh people are having too much fun with witch elementalist in spite of it being worse than occultist in near every way, better nerf elementalist"

This hasn't been a thing in a long time. The game (bar the extreme endgame like uber Atziri and the Shaper) has been getting progressively easier and easier, where you actively have to try to make a build bad enough not to be able to do maps.

CoC and Cyclone can do Shaper just fine.

Oro's Sacrifice.

Just for clarity, when I said "map viable build" in quotes, I meant running one of the flavour of the month meme builds you found online that everyone is running. They're normally somewhat boring, and don't actually do what the build is made to do until you're already in super late game.

Oh I agree, meta builds are boring to run. Running non-meta stuff and making it work is much better, and is very much doable despite some people claiming the super end game is only doable on meta trash.

The worst meta builds are ones that require playing through to maps using some generic setup that does nothing special, and then you switch all your gear and skills once you hit maps to the "real" build. I don't know how so many people stomach playing shit like that.

Lol just play as freezing pulse for 60 levels and then respec 50 points fucking scrub, this build only requires 60+ ex to get going and requires a legacy reach of the council ENDGAMEVIABLE

That's not just meta builds though, there's other things that do the same thing. It's because the endgame build you're working towards is fun to play, and leveling up to something like the early 80's only takes a short time if you know what you're doing.

There are plenty of viable CoC and cyclone builds for shaper. There are much much much worse skills out there that struggle to even do T15 (glacial hammer etc). The game has a huge disparity in damage in some skills right now because of double dipping though and until they fix that, the giant fucking brickwall of health that the T16 guardians have in comparison to the previous tiers blocks out a lot of primary damage skills. I just have no idea why that user chose cyclone or CoC to say they aren't shaper viable when that isn't true and there are much better examples. They don't want to bring T16 and shaper into line because of things like ignite and poison trivialize everything.

I had to do that on a righteous fire chieftain build. It fucking sucked but as soon as I was high enough level to equip Rise of the Phoenix to even make it viable it was great fun. Spent the whole time leveling as scorching ray CwC firestorm which does pants on head retarded damage even with no fucking scaling on my passive tree (since I was taking pretty much only life nodes)

Reflect packs don't exist anymore, unless you roll reflect on maps. Which you can avoid.

Plenty of skills are endgame viable, but I agree that the power parity between tier 1 skills and the rest is absolutely retarded, and GGG should get an entirely new balance team.

Elementalist was hilariously strong, and was better than Occulist in pretty much every way. Though I think they're both too strong (as are all the other ascendancies) even now and should be weaker.

better nerf something else though right, would hate to address that.

How do I trapper shadow? Saboteur or Trickster?

Someone said Bladefall but I was using Bear Trap as a boss nuke but it started to slow down around 40 and become too weak and fragile. What nodes to focus on?

My main a lv 79 righteous fire Templar, I've actually managed to survive and clear T10 maps so I'm happy

I don't think "X exists and is too strong" is an argument not to also nerf thing Z that also exists and is too strong. Pathfinder is also too strong, as I said for all of the ascendancies. The powercreep in the game that has been going on since Forsaken Masters (conveniently when they started work on the Xbox port) is fucking crazy and makes it less enjoyable for me.

Does anyone ever utiluze RF's spell damage boost? Its pretty spicy

Don't forget that the masters and ascendancy trees completely killed a ton of dumber builds. Like Marauder Wanders.

Well you need like 3 uniques, and know that it got hurt by the nerf stick pretty hard, but bladefall is your best bet for pacts. And you want Saboteur unless you want your traps to do less damage, though trickster is a bit more survivable.

Bear Trap is garbage. Bladefall traps are alright, ice trap is excellent, vortex traps are also quite good - I'd go Cold to Fire on both ice trap and vortex, easiest way to do that is with Pyre. I'd recommend Saboteur for the quality of life changes, though you can make an argument for crit ele mines like vortex traps being better as Inqusitor.

Enough defenses (life/ES), trap nodes, area damage, spell damage (most traps are also spells), etc. There are "mandatory" trap nodes that pretty much every trap build should have, like Clever Construction and Hasty Reconstruction, though the latter isn't 100% necessary if you're a Saboteur.

It only took them out of meta, you can still do those just fine. Juggernaut/Berserker wanders should be fine.

Yeah I did a RF flameblaster as a league starter in the start of Breach, it went up to T12's on a 3-link flameblast.

And also 15 grand spectrum jewels

It took them out of the meta so hard that you're nerfing yourself if you use them. especially with how much better ES is compared to armor, there's absolutely no reason not to go Templar or anything else if you want to wander.

Pathfinder got bitch slapped back into reality with the surgeon flask affix nerf in 2.5. It is still too strong but it is nothing like what it was in the essence league where we lived in a sea of LowLife Blade Vortex Pathfinders.

Saboteur.

If you do bladefall traps, you can scale the damage with physical nodes (make sure they don't say melee, you want nodes like Master of Force or Force Shaper), area damage nodes, and because bladefall counts as a spell, spell damage will also scale it. Consider using a wand to get even more spell damage. If you are worried about not having a nonshit mobility skill you can use something like divinarius so you can still whirling blades around the map.

Since you are Shadow, you will want to go energy shield since life on the right side of the tree is redhot garbage so focus towards the witch area of the tree and grab tons of ES nodes. Around 4-5k ES can you switch into CI/Ghost Reaver on the passive tree and maybe vaal pact if you are close to it.

Now you're crying about ES meta and not ascendancies.

Since when do traps leech?

You wouldn't want to go GR/VP on a trapper, you can't leech from traps.

What does juggernaut give you mainly?

Yeah that's right.

Defenses and accuracy. Not saying it's the best choice in the game, but those aren't awful stats to have. If you go CI juggernaut you can get stun immunity as well.

Immunity to slow and paralyze.

For mobility I like to use lightning warp, FCR, rapid decay, and reduced duration. I dont know shit about weapon skills or the newer witch chaos spells

Also if youre loading up on phys damage (I saw shadow is the only area that has pure phys damage without a weapon requirement) what about things like bleed or poison?

How on earth did masters affect build viability in any way? I just thought they were dailies for things that were noce to have and also more guided crafting

Technically leech does work on traps - they have 3 hp. However they die on use so its completely useless

It gives armor mainly aside from the endurance charge nodes. Hence why it's not a good option. Berserker has some really questionable nodes >lol 10% extra damage taken when glass cannons don't really work.

You're still just whining about ES meta.

So a valid complaint about how the game is horribly balanced is whining now?

Don't bother with bleed, but poison is very good. You can get an easy synergy with poison by getting a Bino's Kitchen Knife.

I don't think you understand how much easier gearing got with master crafting. Things that would've been several exalts back in the day are 1alch trash since the introduction of masters.

The END charge stuff is very good even with armour being trash. Undeniable is fine because it gives easy accuracy which wanders do need, and if you go CI like I said stun immunity is god tier. If you don't go CI, you can just get Unstoppable for movespeed and freeze/tempchains immunity.

10% is fine, just don't stack it with Abyssus. Maybe run Enfeeble or something, and there's almost no reason to not run Enfeeble on almost anything anyways.

Original discussion was about ascendancies, not CI vs life.

If you have the 4 free sockets. I just hate having to commit that many to a mobility spell.

Bleed is garbage. Poison would be okay but probably wouldn't give that great of return for the investment without doing something wacky like using innsburys for a doubledip or you could just use a binos I guess.

Also Too bad you're still just flat worse than literally any other starting point sans duelist for wands.

Do you HAVE to pick crit nodes (crit chance and crit multiplier) on a non-spell heroes (so no controlled destruction gem) even if you don't have a build predisposed for it? Is it mandatory to get high enough DPS?

Guys is there something like alternative servers for PoE that let you test certain builds? You know, servers that give shit like 3 times exp or offer better drops. Because I want to try some unusual shit but it takes ages to reach there point where you see if it's even viable or fun to play, and by that time you have already wasted to much time in it. I just passed 50 with a new character and he is total shit. Freaking waste of time.

nice digits.

Oh and no need to use Lightning Warp, you most likely want to use a dagger anyways so you have the option to use Whirling Blades or Shield Charge.

Poison has been a staple of bladefall trappers ever since their introduction in Talisman.

Get with the times grandpa, Bino's is 1c now and has been for a while. It spiked up to 1ex when Blade Flurry was all the rage, but went down very quickly.

So would you say that the Passive Skill Tree in this is the vidya equivalent of /tg/'s worst?

naw, a lot of those serve a purpose unlike PoE's filler nodes

No, you don't get crit on a non-crit character, that'd be a waste. If going with an elemental skill you most likely want to get Elemental Overload, and if traditional phys melee Resolute Technique. This will lose to crit builds in damage but you can do endgame stuff with good gear, and doing things up to like red maps is just fine with RT.

Skill trees are worse. How is grid bad? All you need is enough experience to know where the life/es are and where your relevant damage nodes are.

thank you

I've been doing Berserker warchief totem and the damage has been dank as fuck with Nghamahu's Flame and Xoph's Blood for 100% phys-to-fire conversion.

Totems are the exception rather than the rule though. If you recall for some reason totem also used to benefit from melee damage, I haven't done a WC totem in awhile so no idea if that's still the case.

Also biggest downside is not being able to leech due to totems but I make up for it by having the ascendancy that gives 25% life and mana on warcry use. Combined with Deidelbellow it is actually pretty neat both for survivability and DPS.

Warchief totem is still really good, the nerf was just 10% less damage than it did previously.
It still does. The totem uses your weapon so obviously it will use your melee stats, that is why you take Berserker for it, because the ascendancy passive gives you 40% MORE damage and because you can do a shitload more kiting as a totem user so the 10% increased damage taken ends up being absolutely worth it.

Every league so far :^)

PoE's passive skill tree is more like a passive stat tree. I only consider the keystones as being passive skills.

This.
The tree only seems retarded because you expect it to work like a skill tree. The whole point of the skill system is that the actual skills are part of your equipment, not your character.

i know how that feels, ;-;

And the 23 MB update took like 10 minutes to allocate disc space.

I started a new character recently, are there any free Fire Barb builds?

That's an issue with the Steam version, it redownloads the whole Content.gppk file every time. Use the standalone client instead.

It's the Holla Forumsigger mentality. Take the Holla Forums pill.

Holla Forums is stuffed with rotemonkeys from 4chan. Those pills are shit. Literally.

Does Righteous Fire and Berek's Pass ring work together?

You're not ignited. It's a burning debuff. Ignite is separate from that, despite ignite creating a burning debuff.

We filter our posters thoroughly. This is a lie.

OH SHIT!

You are retarded, this is arguably the most powerful node in the entire fucking game. Abyssus makes physical hit you 40% more (And thus bypassing your armor and raping you) and in some cases does not give the equivalent of 40% more damage and people still use it. 10% more damage to you in general is meaningless if you can multiply your total damage by 1.4, it's fucking insane.
The only reason every single person isn't going berserker is because it's a marauder (Huge downside with the Crit/ES meta, Vaal pact literally in the opposite side) and the other nodes aren't as reliable.

Berserker also gets 3% global life AND mana leech, which is fucking insane.

Also 100% leech on taking a savage hit

I'm many things but I ain't a masochist.

Can we get some Holla Forums autists to play the game togheter?

What do you think about using Conversion Trap with Cluster/Multiple Traps and Necromantic Aegis and a phys reflect shield?

Waste of time. Use decoy totem instead.

im up for it, soft or hardcore, dont care

Alright i'm downloading the game.

next week
maybe

Next league starts in about 2 weeks, on the 3rd.

what the fuck are leagues anyway?

like the normal game but with a gimmick and they last 3 - 4 months, when the league ends all your stuff goes to standard / hc depending on what you were playing

They also exist in a complete vacuum to other leagues and have their own separate characters and economies while they run

so kinda like those events in Hearthstone card game?
I can't think of anything less shit to compare.

And it should be added that the softcore challenge league (so currently softcore Breach, soon softcore Legacy) is always the highest populated one.

no idea i've never played hearthstone

Really? I just play standard. I have 17 stash tabs and a bunch of shitty uniques that I hoard for alts

Stash tabs are account bound, not league bound. Standard is sparsely populated compared to challenge leagues, though not as much as standard hardcore which is a fucking wasteland.

Do leagues even give you more loot or whatever? I haven't bothered playing them and i havent touched the game in years.

Oh yeah, something I've been meaning to ask, is it worth getting 2 curses on characters that can reach Whispering Doom (and not necessarily a curse-based build)? 3 curses? It seems like a heavy investment and I never really got around to trying it.

Also stunning enemies, does it make that big of a difference to itemize/level for it?

I know they're account bound, I have all my cool shit on standard and I don't want to farm it all again

Leagues always have special gimmicks and usually some gear that's bound to them. The current league (breach) has portals that you can touch to open up a breach which will keep spawning mobs, and they'll stay open depending on how fast you kill more and more of them. Also 5 side bosses called Breachlords.

Though it should be mentioned some challenge league content gets integrated into standard, like Breach will be in some way.

Yes, dual curse is extremely powerful. Actually, curses in general are fucking insane.
Didn't you just say you just have shitty uniques?

Oh and stun is pretty trash, don't bother.

Yeah but I can have fun and use them while leveling from 20-40 or whatever

Is the game still unfun if you don't play ranger? I remember everything melee was garbage.

Oh yeah and what about Flask nodes? They seem to be central to ranger's theme but again, I don't know much about more "esoteric" builds

Leagues have their own special uniques and sometimes other non-unique items too. Also some have fun shit like Headhunter league making you OP as fuck as you kill rare mobs.

Flask nodes are very useful

There was that gimmick build that could chain stun up to T15, and could do some of the T16 bosses with a necro support.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1821389

Generally though unless you are focusing on the gimmick, stun is in fact trash, I agree.

THIS. Bad netcode fucks this game so hard.

I won, but holy fuck, I died like 5 times (just leveled so w/e), that was the least fun 30 minutes I've ever had

That's exactly what this is. They are replacing different difficulty levels with just one difficulty level that constantly scales harder through Acts 1 to 10, and around 10 you can start doing endgame.

This is a pretty HUGE improvement on the game, because it gets tedious doing the same areas three times with every new character.

Please rate my expertly crafted Heirophant build which focuses exclusively on mana, energy shield, and jewels.

Taking advantage his unique ability to convert 25% mana into even more base energy shield, you will find him to be an incredibly versatile tank, as he freely dips into several areas as needed. :^)

pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQDuAW8DmgQHC2ENfBFQFSAV1xg8GFYZtBslHNwdTx3ZHwIi9CSdKPoqTSpTKyYspiy_LOktHy2DNAo1uTbFN2Y3gzwtQYdDVENjQ8hEDUSKRnFLrkyzTwRRTFIpVIJV4FZjVytXyVhaXGtewF8qYlpilWjybAttGW5pbwhvnnFNcWJ1KnxLfVt_xoLHgwmDX4PMhEiFMoauhrOIQohaiFuK5It6jxqQ1pMnkzqWdJrPm-ygQqEvo--m66crrEeu_a9ssAuycLQMtz64k70nvYK-ir6nwcXDbcauyPDKSsrT037V-Nlb34ri9-kC6rrr5Ovu7BjsLu969HH2o_nd-ej-sw==

I wonder how they're gonna redistribute the special quest rewards like the bandit quest rewards or the Ascendancy points.

Holy fuck :^) doesn't make this build any fucking better.

Because it can't be made any better
It is truly perfection

I'd assume the Normal and Cruel Bandit rewards will be stripped and they will just give charges. New quests rewards will make up for what was stripped.

Or they just add new choice based quests like the bandits and move those bandit rewards to different acts.

Perfection would be taking it and making it work. Unfortunately there is few mana heavy skills but there is no skill benefiting from max mana.

Most likely two more quests with choice and labyrinth trials on every new act.

what?

The only significant thing is stashtabs, otherwise it's just aesthetics and even some of those you can get by doing challenges in the leagues.

And even then, $5 or $10 worth of stash tabs is more than enough to last you.

That's bad on so many levels I can't even put it to words.

What is wrong with PoE's passive tree? It's great. One of the best I've ever seen in any game.

I'll join you go- guys once the next league starts. No point playing now that there's 15 days left of this league.

It's bad because it doesn't feed instant gratification addicts with every point spend.

I don't think the repeats of bandits will be removed. If you look at the descriptions of the later Acts, some of the Acts after 5 mention bandit gangs. So, there will most likely be three bandit quests in different acts, but the 2nd and 3rd ones will have a different "story" this time, probably even new boss fights.

Yeah and the guy who was complaining probably hasn't played since beta or something, because we have the Ascendancy leveling trees now where every time you get some powerful passive ability, far more powerful than anything in the normal passive tree.

and it's all over the place
and the nodes are connected seemingly at random
and it would've been more comprehensive to separate regular Vit/Dex/Int and modifiers into two different windows, like every other ARPG out there

That cannot really be avoided with so many levels.
Also it is quite shitty argument because PoE have a lot of instant gratification moments. Getting game changing unique, picking up key skill node, Ascendancy, entire support gem system. You won't feel improvement on each level but time between improvements is still close enough it is not really a problem.

Or you can buy Whispering Ice and literally feel improvement every level.

Diablo 3 has 70 regular levels and a shitton of paragon levels, but those don't really matter since it's automated
Torchlight 1 and 2 are capped at 100.
Grim Dawn can be modded to go up to 200 (50 unmodded).

Okay, I'm going to make a frost crit Occultist curse witch

the Torchlight 1 UI already looks bad but the T2 UI makes me want to fucking vomit
I never realized up until now how much of a big deal UI is for these kind of games

what is a good lifesteal/lifeleech character for PoE?
I'm on the creation screen

Shadow is pretty good at that.

Duelist and Marauder are generally the ones you would pick if you want to go for leech

Go Duelist then spec into Slayer as your ascendancy. This will get you the crazy leech from Brutal Fervor and Endless Hunger and put you on a position on the tree which has access to more passive leech and %max life.

fuck I made a Shadow, I'm going to make a Duelist then

shadow is fine too tbh

What's wrong with it?

SLAY THE GODS, STEAL THEIR POWER.

that said it looks pretty fucking nice. new stuff, less repetition, they promised to rebalance and finaly fix poison and damage over time in general. they will probably fuck the balance up again, but hopefully in an entertaining way that makes some new builds viable.

And in the meantime legacy league will come around. three months of tripple beyond breach ambush bullshittery. the future is bright.

I am sure the latest cuck exodus has nothing to do with it, goy.

From the god powers they have shown, it certainly isn't on the same level as ascendancies. For example there is one that reduces damage over time taken by 25%, which is neat but nowhere near overpowered.

That makes no sense whatsoever. It's not all over the place nor is it random at all. Wtf are you talking about? Str, Dex and Int ARE in different areas on the tree, and no they shouldn't be in "different windows" because that would prevent one character from leveling however they want. The point is to have total freedom in building your character.

Marauder is best for lifeleech I don't know why anyone told you Shadow.

go Vaal leech

What's wrong with Vaal Leech? You just need to be doing constant damage

I hate PoE only because I can't ever stick to one character for very long. I constantly want to make a new/different character and it gets boring replaying the same shit over and over

Ascendancies slightly help counter that by giving you a fuckhuge buff. Also you can always try to arrange shit with other players for levelling together (like creating a new character both at the same time) so you can shitpost while rushing through the acts.

Okay legit question, why do I have no fucking survivability with Searing Touch? I can do level 76-ish maps with the first setup no problem, but I died on a level 69 Tora daily with the second. The fuck?

Like is it the resists that are actually making that big of a difference? I swear it was a pack of physical mobs that did it. The big hairy bonecrusher bears or whatever, felt like they nuked me in one or two hits. Switch back to the first setup, I could take 3-5 hits and react no big deal

Also, a few interesting quirks I've noticed

You go from 54 / 70 / 62 / -40 resists to 13 / 48 / 21 / -40 resists (and whatever purity of fire gives you). You go from taking 30% of the lightning damage flying at you to 52% of it. You also don't have any physical damage mitigation and only 5.5k effective hp. You could have been one hit by literally anything. Also how the fuck are you running righteous fire with that set up?

It's on a totem, so I just kinda spam them. Amusingly, their base HP scales on the map level, while my auras help keep them in play longer. I don't really have to worry about damage

oh yeah i forgot about totems. but still you aren't even running purity of fire then you could have been instakilled by the ground being on fire. I bet that tora mission was the vulnerability and elemental weakness one, too.

Totem life scales off the gem skill level, not the area. To be more precise, its based off the level required to use the gem.

Also, not having 75% resists means you are taking an extra ~20% damage from any elemental attack. Any crit will kill you.

just use traps you fag

I have Purity of Fire but I forgot to turn it on.

Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw a chart on the wiki that showed how much life totems had based on area level, but I can't seem to find it. Though, I see one that says totems as monsters with hp stats. Fuck.

Think about this, if you have 70% resistance you get X amount of damage, if you have 40% resistance, you will take X * 2 damage (You took 30% now you take 60%), since the game is balanced about having 75 75 75, you SHOULD have capped resistances at this point. Because instead of taking 25% damage, you are taking 70%, that's almost three times as much as expected.

I do think about it that way, but I didn't think it made that huge of a difference. Sometimes it's hard to tell what the sources of damage are when you're getting mobbed.

A-user

Alright whatever, I'm still sticking to my sword+board setup, for now, until I can get my resistances sorted out. Since we're on the topic of unfucking my character, do you see any big mistakes on this tree?

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvA3UEBwRRBjkLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwXLxo4HM4dFB8CJKoksCcvK1ArtjLRNsU26TdHOhY8BT0PPV9FR0bXTLNPBE99UWBSU1XGVdZYd1jlWfNaK1xrXl1fBGP9ZOdmVGaeaFpo8musbRlxeXGFcg965nxLfIN99YBWgKSCm4PbhEiGgorki3qLjIxGj0aQVZErlG-WdJeVl_SaO5vsna6f36IAo_KnCKeUr2yvp7aGwxPDbcT2xq7R_dgk2t3hc-L342rr7u988B_zBviT-d360vuq_lQ=?accountName=Slairne&characterName=BurningSeer

I want to move towards witch ES, and towards +1 curses. I grabbed the +30 dex nodes for now so I can use Alpha's Howl to reduce my aura costs.

I'm using Flammability (which is apparently as effective as a 20q Elemental Weakness) but I'm leaning towards Vulnerability or Temporal Chains as my second curse.

As for the tree as it is right now, connect the left side of the three with your beginning using two nodes of your choice, and then remove everything from pic related.

What? Which three nodes?

Also the shamanistic fury group adds a lot of damage, nearly 20% per node

Typo, I meant of the tree, for example take these two strength nodes, and then remove everything from the previous pic.
You can keep the totem damage if you want, but it's not 20% per node, since you are getting 2 useless nodes before. You don't NEED Celestial Judgment since RF doesn't hit, thus doesn't penetrate, you are only getting it for the damage.

Oh fuck, that makes sense, I have a bad habit of looking at the group, and not considering its distance.

With my extra points, should I grab the +1 curse, or witch ES group?

+1 curses definitely, never really went Life/ES hybrid myself, so I don't know exactly how much ES is worth it, do you have ES gear?
Also, rule of thumb, every time you are 2 nodes away from a jewel socket (Including the jewel), take it. You have two of these instances, if you keep the totem nodes you have three. With these you can solve your resistance problems.

I've been trying for it. I do have better scaling on it than life at the moment (1.048 vs 1.076 per point). I recently graduated from Tabula into Infernal Mantle (maybe that's what killed me so fast, I have

If you take the staff, you need to remove your shield nodes and maybe take whirling barrier. 10 block for 4 points is good in my book. Remember you have resistances while holding a shield too.

I assume lorewise the other exiles you interact with (including other players?) are not the exile who clawed inside the beast and killed malachai

That seems to make the most sense. Anarchy and Cutthroat league has rogue exiles, after all.

Actually, the story is kind of spoiled on the site

pathofexile.com/oriath

Doesn't sound like the PCs are doing anything overtly evil.

Jesus, I was a walking disaster and didn't even know it.
I'm gonna keep the shield, because the +defenses adds a lot of (base?) ES and it goes a long way, compared to extra damage, I think.

I see one result you moron

It's the same as %Increased Armor/ES/Evasion all at the same time. It does not add base ES as far as I know, so it doesn't double dip with your global %increased ES it would be too broken otherwise.

Now it's two.

Hm, there's not really any viable source of endurance charges for non-melee classes. I mean there's the warcry, but I'm kind of hurting for hotbar space as it is.

I was going to get the Hierophant's Divine Guidance (I believe I was thinking of mana reservation to use a different item loadout) but Conviction of Power gives me endurance charges when I kill shit ~4% of the time, even though the power charges are useless

Fuck, I think you're right again, I know this shit but I keep making little mistakes that keep adding up.

I know the difference between Increased and More; if I recall, it's most efficient to get both in roughly the same amounts. Later on once I get my passives sorted out, I'm going to look at my list of supports I can use and spreadsheet it and figure out the best gem combo for 5L.

how long till you last played? because you get a full respec with every big update

You have a totem build, you really shouldn't need endurance charges. You should have enough defenses for the occasional "Oh shit" so then you can keep some distance again. Being next to enemies in this game means RIP unless you can outleech every source of damage, melee is shit, the best defense is keeping distance.
If you are going hybrid with the staff, trash the infernal mantle and get a good ES armor with resistances, you may be able to get a good one for cheap with 700+ ES. With 200% increased ES it should be enough to give you 2K ES, just from the armor. It will also help with your resistances.

I really hope they keep double dipping just the way it is. Abyssal cry builds are great fun.

Really? Because I've tried a couple of times and I didn't see anything, and I'm almost positive there were some big updates between them.

Double dipping is gone in 3.0.

Log on the website and check your tree, if there is nothing allocated congratulations you got a respec.

Source?

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1832918

Damn.

It's just too OP user, and if you nerf it instead of removing it, DoT will be shit unless until you get perfect gear, there is no middle point.
There is an upside though, they seem to be reworking DoT entirely, so we might get some new fresh mechanics.

I hope so. Also this thread you linked is fucking golden.

wew

At last, my CI+Eldritch Battery build is viable!

He probably meant like shavs + chaos resistances, still hilarious tho, chaos innoculation means just that… innoculation, that's the essence of the node, not the increased/more ES at the back. CI is not really OP, ES is op since it has no downsides with Vaal Pact plus Ghost Reaver and since you can stack much more ES than Life, you can handle more hits. They need to do something with Vaal Pact, it's killing the game.

Trips confirm

There are people defending him by calling for the unique property of chaos to be removed.

Can someone tell me how did EB get nerfed? i dont think i played at the moment

EB used to go straight to your mana instead of having your es cover your mana. It's not strictly a nerf but that change did fuck up a ton of shit.

I wish they kept the game as hard as it was in early 2012. All these casuals are giving me a headache.

Second image.

See this is why I'm looking forward to the nerfs. When I first started playing, level 60 was challenging. I'm level 80 no sweat. I got better, but I know it's more from balancing than my own improvement.

Even so, I know I won't be able to run top tier shit anyways

EB made base ES go straight to your mana, and that additional Mana was further increased by %Increased ES + %increased Mana.
This was a completely understandable implementation, but you could get a fuck ton of mana this way, with MoM or Cloak of Defiance this basically meant a 30% free damage reduction, no problem with running any 6L skill, no problem with sustaining Arctic Armour.
Now the ES bar simply covers your mana, and everything works the same way as if it was covering Life. Much later they nerfed Arctic Armour too, people don't really use EB that much anymore. The current implementation is much more interesting but less powerful.

can someone recommend me a lifeleech build for duelist?
I'm really lost on where to put my points and I'm thinking I fucked up

Shield charge or cyclone? (Or you could use some other melee skill if you wanted to do less damage I guess)

What is it, Gladiator? There's an ascendancy class built all around sustaining leech. Look at what it does and try and extrapolate on it's theme.

t. dont know shit about melee

Budget? HC/SC?

I'm new to the game honestly, I wish I knew what I'm doing
I just want to be that unkillable piece of shit that is always regening with hits.

Just paste a link or a photo of a skill tree, I'll go from there.

In my opinion (which may be wrong, I'm "intermediate"), you can either do a shield tank, or a more aggressive life leech build. One heavily mitigates damage and regenerates innately, while the leech attacks and does DPS and lives by killing things.

At level 38+ you can specialize into your ascendancy class, and the Duelist has one for either of these paths

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Slayer

Melee is currently considered kind of shitty because of the current meta, where energy shield is king, but duelist has no appreciable access to that; still, a bow keeps you safe from monsters at a range.

You probably want to stick with cyclone then, it's an easy to use skill and it's easy to build around. You can go two handed or one handed. Choose the slayer class as you won't be able to make a whole lot of use out of the gladiator without getting used to how to build your tree out.

I've got a Gladiator block build which uses Aegis Aurora, which regens health and ES everytime I block.

Melee is by far stronger than any other build in the game currently. Both HoAW and anything linked with blade flurry is the current "meta". Not to mention melee is also better at stacking poison since CoC was nerfed so range/spells really don't have an edge in most cases. Melee even does Elemental prolif better these days

where should I go guys?
(Draw a line on paint on something)

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nqZSHanh6qSeE79rBdO0FLXrvLlPTb2EhGlWI7an64e826IZgOlIOPBRxG6rBB9d-YxcQ8PJagTrfv9tP4MMlvLyfGJEUTfxL2XyCB_jr891oZbvtkc7qGHasz373MnzZrY3ZYYVS6wk5DgmWl3nkUVBH7w4UIF8_QKBeEyFVLPuKIicgouoS4Qthg188Lcautz6DzK9saPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf33KprKpZ8xo4kFUnL8T2_grYvTWS8kU64aZXMZ5N4_6PpTUMcDu29WGygIa0hacnn9w9B3XApp8-LdI=
This is slayer with kaoms hearth + starforge. +237% life *500kaom+90stafrofge, 7 charges and all goodies from slayer.

Slayer is the best lab farmer while CI builds can be insane with giant investment. However characters with vaal pact can fucking facetank all of the content.

Are you in breach?
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239

Yes (what's the difference?)

Go for life and block nodes
Pick up jewel slots where you can
Try to get the one in the marauder area near the Endurance charge node, it can take the Red Nightmare Jewel which gives you 14% block if placed in that slot.

Don't you want the attack speed every time unless you're relying on high top ends?

Yeah, new player will 100% have jewel that cost over 2k chaos orbs.

Thanks a lot for the help, it really simplifies my life.
So I need to go red and follow from there

Is there a way to reset points or should I just make another character?

Shield charge is generally better with just flat damage since you are basing your clears off of using Hearld of ash to prolif kill groups. Attack speed is ok, but you get enough from a couple items

Hitting off screen with a weapon hardly passes as melee.

That build I linked in my post uses uniques only obtainable in breach (They are cheap, so no worries). Those hands you can open are exclusive to the league. To get those uniques look them up on poe.trade, whisper and buy. But if you want to experiment by yourself, go ahead.

Youll get 2 respec points from clearing the den at level 4, and another 14 or something throughout the game.

A league is a self-contained thing that has its own separate characters, economy, and gimmick. Breach league ends in just 2 weeks, and your characters will be folded over to Standard league permanently with all the other legacy characters; the economy is a little different there and your Breach uniques will be a bit more valuable, for a time.

Cyclone and shield charge are still top tier skills. I really don't think you read the entirety of my first post but ok.

Well every aoe skill can hit everything at the edge of the screen these days.

Beyond is a core game mechanic naw. Standard economy is fucked regardless of leagues.

Once you get the hang of the game, you can reach endgame content (lv 68) in about 10-12 hours, maybe sooner. Basically if your character is under level 30, you haven't lost much time.

You'll want to do the main quests to progress, obviously, but the best sidequests to do are the ones the reward skill points:
>A2: The Way Forward, Deal with the Bandits (varies on build, usually you want +HP, and then skill points on later difficulties)

Doing it across 3 difficulties, you get 21-24 points. Other sidequests will give you some junk rares, respec points, and all quests will enable the jewellery vendor in each act to sell more skill gems (check their final page). Different characters have different gems available for purchase, but if you're hurting to find some skills to compliment you r build, check there

Hasn't been implemented yet, though. Usually there's a bit of a buffer after the league ends

You said melee is very strong. He said Blade Flurry (melee keyword) isn't really melee (a confused struggle; especially: a hand-to-hand fight among several people) because it hits well beyond hand to hand range. You posted a picture of the skill and it's melee keyword as if that contradicted what he said.

So whats the difference? League prices almost 1:1 to dumpster leagues. Its only 2 weeks left.

I know user, but when people mean Melee is shit, they know EQ/Cyclone/BF is not shit because with enough AoE they are pretty much ranged skills.

But they are all AoE user. Shield Charge and Cyclone are both good because they are both movement skills also, they fit in the clear speed meta.
Melee will be good when shit like infernal blow, frenzy, heavy strike, double strike, dual strike, glacial hammer, etc become viable again. There was a time when people made builds with those skills.

Yea, your right, I used the classification the game uses, I'm clearly wrong about melee being bad.

I agree, if you take away the good melee skills suddenly all melee skills are trash.

On the second note, all the skills you listed except double and dual strike were never used. Reave has been around since beta, and so has cyclone. Every good build used one of those two before EQ and blade flurry. AoE has always been meta and always will because it saves you a link for more damage which makes up in troves for the slight difference in base damage (except blade flurry which does more damage than any of the single target skills because GGG is very good at balancing their game)

Yeah, the SJWs in GGG's devteam are at it again. I have no doubt the story of the new acts is going to be one big analogy for you saving some minority from a more fascist rome.

Holla Forums go home you're drunk

Hotdamn, I can only imagine what your reaction would have been had you gotten out of your hugbox back when WW2 shooters were dominant.

i'm a classic liberal, not natsoc or fascist. I'm just point out the story is a huge egalitarian/leftist jackoff session.

I'm not saying they're SJWs for attacking nazis, it's really fucking well known that GGG has a lot of university genderstudies dykes in their community moderation especially, I've had chat bans for saying "there are only two genders" and using autism "insensitively" on separate occasions. One of the heads of GGG self-identified as a feminist at one stage.

The game itself is quality, the story is kinda trash.

No relationship with colonialism or imperialism whatsoever.
Not really. It was explained that they were fucked over by the beast. Only savages themselves identify as noble. Or their allies who are not savages but fight against same enemy. In next act you will massacre these noble savages with their gods while you are member of their tribe.
They changed swastika into different thing. Eagle is not designated nazi symbol, silly. So you are wrong here, but right in general regarding nazi symbols used.

Story is retarded but its exact retardation of all games where story is something only few nerds will care about because its retarded.

My man you are straight retarded.

I shouldn't specified it's the German imperial eagle, not the Roman one. You could've figured that out with a single google search.

elaborate on why you believe i'm wrong in regards to the colonialism angle.

Anyways, I fixed my tree up. I haven't tested it yet but I'm resist capped at 70% (th-thanks Immortal Flesh) and changed a lot of the shit around like you said. I have 4 jewel slots and hit whispering doom. I dropped the +shield resist% nodes, and got rid of celestial judgment in favor of the two starting nodes, since they're comparable in power

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvA3UEBwRRBjkLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwXLxo4HM4dFB8CJKoksCcvK1ArtjbFNuk6FjrYPAU8LT0PPV9G10yzTwRPfVFgUlNVxlXWWHdY5VnzWitca15dXwRj_WTnZlRmnmhaaPJtGXF5cYVyD3rmfEt8g3y7gFaApIKbg1-D24RIhoKK5It6jEaPRpBVkSuUb5Z0l5WX9Jo7m-ydrp_fogCj8qcIp5SvbK-ntobDE8NtxPbGrtH92CTa3eFz4vfjauvu73zwH_MG-JP60vuq_lQ=

*I should've
fug

Because its fucking irrelevant. Everyone ficking fights everywhere. And there no one mentioned that its wrong. Every tribe is warlike to the max. And there was mentioned like 10 different fucked up civilizations. And each of them fallen because they used corrupted shit. Only people who used fucked up satanic rituals and experiments turning humans into monsters are bad. And nobles of empire are bad because they indulged themselves in debauchery and did wrong to you.
But hey
This is 100% portraing colonialisb as bad, right? Even if these natives worshiped satan and turned into walking monstrosities in the end. Even if each one of them was curropted just like every previous empire. Even if whole world is fucked because of satan magic, the main point is that colonialism is bad! Even no one ever cared about it in past 500 years since they have bigger problems, like fucking end of the world because of supersatan fight with his enemies.

What the fuck is this shit supposed to be?

Righteous Fire totems

The point I was trying to get across is that, if you take a skill like Frenzy and make both a Bow build and a Melee build, the Bow build will be definitely better. Just because some Melee skills are unbalanced as fuck, and some mechanics like Vaal Pact are completely broken doesn't mean melee is in a good state.
I guess given the circumstances of a baby tier game we have now, melee is viable because everything is viable.

Are you sure this is that tree?

Ahh, looks like it didn't sync up to the website when I posted that.

Here's the correct one
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAFvA3UEBwRRBjkLYQ3NEMwSaRZvFxwXLxhqGjgczhzcHRQfAiSqJLAnLytQK7Y2xTbpOhY62DwFPC09Dz1fTLNPBFFgUlNVxlXWWAdYd1jlWfNaK1xrXl1fBGTnZlRmnmhaaPJtGXF5cg94L3xLfIN8u3zlgKSCm4Nfg9uESIaCiuSLeoxGjxqPRpBVkSuUb5Z0l5WX9Jo7m6Gb7J2un9-iAKPypwinlK9sr6e2hsMTw23E9sau0B_R_dgk4XPi9-Nq6-7vfO_r8B_zBviT-d360vuq_lQ=

As templar hierophant? You know ritual of awakening only reduces your damage? RF totem damage dont stack, only one totem deals damage at the same target. And why the fuck you pick both es nodes and life nodes and did not pick witch ES nodes at the same time? Every fucking thing is wrong.

Damage is significantly lower unless you use some tricky mechanics. 300dps bow is good while melee weapons can have insane crit and damage. Bow is hardly beneficial regarding attack range. And frenzy is just small buff now. Hell, you can use spectral throw to use 500 dps weapon as ranged attack and with slower projectiles and point blank and iron reflex deal insamely better damage while being safer than with the bow. Even if its not strictly melee.

Acendanly only makes you deal LESS damage and no bonuses whatsoever. At lest you know that RF is not a spell. And why didnt you pick elemental overload? you hate dealing 30% more damage that cost only one cast of 1link spell once every 8 second? And if you pick el overload you also could have a fucking -50% fire res on your target that will result in 50% more fucking damage! Your shit build is infuriating.

Not every build benefit can be reduced to raw numbers you know

You fucking retards.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Orb_of_Storms
+ increased crit chance.
It deals lighting damage. Oh wait i forgot it deals , no damage, but whatever. no el equilibrium but still its 300% more damage from overload. And if you put curse on hit on it it will deal 44% more damage from curse.
3 link will result in almost double damage.

Yeah but DPS is not the only thing that matters, the build will feel like shit. Give me bow Frenzy over Melee frenzy any day. Put some additional arrows, pierce, drillneck, darkray and you are good to go.
You will need melee splash or some ascendancy to help you, and it will still not clear fast.
Not being next to shit is hugely beneficial, is the best defense in the game, and gives you more flexibility in kills. And again, because some builds can outleech everything with vaal pact doesn't mean being next to shit isn't dangerous for most builds.

He should also get elemental equilibrium. He can also go for sanctuary of though, respec ritual at some point, get a searing bond totem for more damage too.

Wait disregard that, you have ancestral bond.

Melee does not exist anymore, it's that garbage.

I use searing bond. I said it did 13k tooltip way back

Random oneshots. The best protection is 20k energy shield or crazy sustain achievable by crazy life leech.

Yeah.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Infernal_Mantle or kaom , same shit. 500 es from infernal mantle is good anyway.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind 50-60% increased fire damage.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spire_of_Stone
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR8RYGj7yLxznah7SIfJBggfZfBRxDjwsp9-_9q54adtP4MMlvK4-Z5vkUcauDF8cp1OlC2GvbGjyfEvwH6IABLM8BZ_fmjuCm-987Dg62CcvkFUaOFnzcg9mnljl-tJaK6PyhXtmVMMTFm_jaiSqNukdFBJpFxxxeVcN2WGtjc9-dqw8LYNfj0anCNgkVkjr7nyDp5ReXdH9HNyPGpuh99esmDpYVcaD2xhqOVJYBxDMK7aMRviTg8y3Pv4K2L3yRTrhpldN4_6PNZLhcxYLe7MXjM9nuX7GBKajBsM=
230% inc life almost 10% regen
fire immun totems that leech life to you.
Cost fucking nothing.
Dual curse. You can drop critchance from orb of storms and have 2 curses on it instead. Since 5% is not that low critchance in 10 seconds and infernal mantle have +100% increased crit so 10% chance is good enough.
All the fucking life for totems, all the fucking damage for totems all the fucking tankines for totems including immunity and no fucking downsides.

You can have searing bond + RF totem at the same time. Searing bond totem has +1 extra totems anyway.

>pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind 50-60% increased fire damage.
Spell damage dont work on rf so whatever.

No thanks.

Sorry for going to sleep.
Torchlight, Grim Dawn, Diablo all have active skill tree and not only passive skill tree.
If you want to compare it to PoE you should compare it to passive skill tree + gem system as they are you active skill tree here.

I knew I will eventually see it even through they added boobs again.

And a thousand of uniq items.
You also can decorate your hideout with piles of dead jews and naked statues.

because you arent running them with double beyond and vaal cyclone as your main skill?
Maps are only as fun as you roll them and even then only as fun as the build you use. I usualy make three characters every league that play radicaly different and get them to level 90 or so.

This league for example i had a viper strike assassin who could kill any boss in seconds but took ages to clear a map, a siege ballista deadeye and a vaal righteous fire bomber.

Cпайси митбол.png, дебил

Someone actually beat Atziri with CI+EB

Isn't that the Atziri oneshot build?

Cast on crit builds can easily do shaper, Cyclone can do shaper with decent gear.
Yeah Flicker has single-target issues but makes up for it with nice aoe-clear everywhere else and can easily do the highest maps.

You don't sound like you know what you're talking about.

Those two things got nerfed pretty hard a couple of months back.

Why is that?

REMOVE TIT

But they are going to add TIT again and never touched TIT-spike-shooty-monsters and TIT-statues.
So if you add that stuff up I don't think you've got enough points to set them on fire yet.

SJWs are bad at games and probably wouldn't have made it to Act 3 or paid attention to the statues. The UI is more TROUBLESOME because you see it all the time

I'd love them if they did this instead.

Or they simply changed it because they wanted to change it.
There was never any sizable outrage against the UI before they updated it either and they wouldn't introduce a new "problematic" UI if SJWs were their reason back then.

Because your hp is shit (under 4k). Your ES is shit (under 5k). Your resists are shit (75% is the bare minimum). Your armor is worthless. And so is your evasion, because magic, rare, and boss monsters have progressively higher accuracy ratings and your evasion score is a joke.

Basically your defenses all suck and you're set up to get oneshot by serious enemies.

I guess I'll just play again pizza sticks on 2.6 hopefully summoning (specially specters) gets something on 3.0

5 minutes left for 2.6 announcements.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597
ACTUAL LEGACY ITEMS

That nerf really fucked with my planned earthquake build, along with the earthquake nerf.

Also
Recommend a Varunastra build please

Hey great, I don't ever bother playing or trading anyways, so that's cool.

Will Legacy league shit roll into standard afterwards? I am quite interested in this one

I don't see why it wouldn't and they haven't said anything to the contrary.

Anuu cheeki breeki to you too

New thread when?

Also thinking of doing what user said and doing curse on hit with a skill; going to use two curses I guess, so that means a 4L item. What's a good skill to use to trigger it? Ball Lightning?

What movement skill are you using? you could throw it on a leap slap, shield charge or whirling blades. Another option is to do CWDT, vortex, curse on hit

Lightning Warp … I mostly just use for going over obstacles, but its linked to rapid decay, less duration, and FCR

Your mana reserved at all? You could run blasphemy. Or there is always just linking it directly to CWDT without the vortex + curse on hit if you want to run 2 curses in a 4L.

Fresh bread.