Possible new Lost Planet game leak called Broken Horizon

Thread remade because last OP was unorganized shit.

original link: capcom-unity.com/lost_planet/go/thread/view/139407/30821587/broken-horizon-possible-lost-planet-game-leak
archive: archive.is/yWKLk

The thread was made by one of the forum mods:
original: capcom-unity.com/bthr_zero_x/
archive: archive.is/Bi2nY

Notable info:

And the most recent post from the moderator:

Lost Planet 2 gfwl removal patch never ever. ;_;

A: It'll be going great and capcom will can it/decide they can't see it's 'vision' one month before release.
B: It's shit.
Pick your poison

wasn't that already confirmed fake

Man, Capcom sure has been gradually getting their shit back together after Inafune left, haven't they.
Except with Street Fighter, because Ono is a fucking hack.

Holy shit is this finally going to be the "Monster Hunter with Giant Robots" I've been wanting someone to make forever?

I haven't heard anything

IF ITS BEING MADE BY WESTERN DEVS THEN YOU CAN ALREADY CONSIDER IT DEAD ON ARRIVAL

Lost Planet 2 was already Mon Hun Lite: This time with mechas. By the sound of this pitch it sounds like the next logical step from that.
Could this be Itsuno's next game?

My lord.

That actually sounds good

So the question is how can they fuck it up?

2 had the bossfight mechanics but the random box loot system wasn't very compelling and the only real customization was cosmetics and which flavor of grenades you wanted. I want a game where you can kill a Rathalos and use his corpse to make your robot a jetpack to chase the rest of the Raths into the sky and kill them when they try and do their stupid flying in circles garbage.

Would itsuno be able to re-create a monster hunter paced game without going too crazy though?
It would be fantastic either way but any I can't really imagine how monster hunter would play with stinger as a skill on every other weapon.

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo is already that but top-down and single player, the sequel is getting multiplayer apparently
Alternative you got Gundam Breaker 3 which is another robots fighting robots to collect parts to make better robots game

Dude's already done it once with Dragon's Dogma and that game wasn't that crazy(compared to DMC that is). Aside from the MonHun team which are their own thing mostly, he's the only other big name in the company that's worked on similar things.

If they fuck this shit up again I swear to god. How hard is it to make a game where you fight giant bugs on foot and in a mech suit?

i deleted the shitty thread.

worse case scenario? same way like raccoon city or the unity game that is MP only.

Not too hard apparently. All they need to do is make it over the top.
LIKE THEY FUCKING DID WITH 2

As said in last thread, I'd be content with Lost Planet 2 back alive and having no GFWL. This whole concept makes it sound like Starship Troopers 3, and I don't know if that's a good thing.

2 has already being B movie tier story with capcom craziness as in dude carry big cannon ammunition like it was nothing

Great now I gotta go play EDF

Thanks alot user

I thought 2 was a step down in some areas.

It was, mostly in multiplayer. Singleplayer was almost strictly better though.

or like this way

Still, the entire train segment is one hell of a mutliplayer mechanic.

YES

Sadly, these are the only options for a modern Capcom game.

Dragon's dogma was great, but it played very differently to monster hunter. The large monsters in dragon's dogma behave nothing at all like the monsters in mh. For starters the enemies were designed from the ground up to be faced by a single player party giving a variety of options to fight a variety of enemy types, with some level of symettry. As opposed to being balanced around a single player engaging one large enemy on distinctly asymmetric grounds

The story is one thing but the rhythm of the gameplay is another entirely.

Holy shit I know from getting burned so many times that I really shouldn't be getting hyped for anything new but god damn if there was one game series that I wanted to get a sequel to before I die it would definitely be Lost Planet

Also if they make the multiple mech fusion an actual core mechanic instead of being just a fun one time level Easter-egg, that would be dope as shit, as that was me and my friend's favorite part in that game. However, this is modern Capcom we're talking about so they'll find some way to destroy it. But god damn if I won't pray to god every day until it releases to make sure it ends up being good.

I liked 1 and 2, hopefully
HOPEFULLY
they wont make it the same as 3.

it's great isn't it? Not only is GFWL shit that barely works but if you manage to make it work you can't have your 360 on the live because god forbid someone would watch TV on your 360 while you play a video game on your PC. Fuck GFWL.

I bought a used copy of LP2 a few months ago. Are you implying I can't play this piece of shit because a service went down?

The service still works. It's just it can't work on the PC while your Xbox Live account is logged on the 360 because no one could possibly have both a Xbox and a PC. That'd be madness.

It's not Ono. It's the director, Takayuki Nakayama. His previous jobs were interface designs and now somehow he's the chief director of a major Street Fighter title.

I know that feel, it's like wanting Star Citizen to succeed, but you know it's been obvious from the start that it's a dead turd.

you're not alone

I hope they make more mechs for 2 pilots and bigger maps

Why did you have to remind me?
at least I still have my 3DS copy

the fuck are you on
LP2 was designed to be a co-op shooter, it did that just well. It also had mp that functioned the same as 1's, man. The SINGLEPLAYER in LP2 suffered because everything was disconnected co-op campaigns.

2's MP did not function the same as 1's, it had an awful matchmaking system that regularly started lopsided 5v3 or worse matches instead of a game browser and all the maps had all the cool weapons and VS locked inside crates that took all your T-ENG to open so you then couldn't use whatever was inside. It also didn't have any of the excellent modes that Colonies Edition added to 1 like Akrid Hunter.

Oh god no….it's bad enough current day Capcom might be eyeing this series again after allowing outsourcing to rape it but this shit sounds like it might be a mobile game.

I know I'm missing something but fuck no, they're terrible as fuck.

Classic Capcom to have text built into pictures and don't bother bringing it over with subs over them.

Shit just go back to your refugee camp Holla Forums

Given what happened to 3 it's gonna be shit until proven with gratuitous amounts of gameplay footage otherwise.

The guys who did LP3 got shitcanned and only got a writing award for that game.

I take it it's worth playing even without reading?

I
AM
GOING
NUCLEAR

Yeah You don't even have to know moon that much. It's very import friendly if that shit makes any sense

Julie & Tekee are mine
Hands off losers

Remember when awards had a purpose?

From what I've heard; it depends on what you like since it's not as good as its predecessors (except 3 but anything can surpass that dog shit).

People who don't fucking play video games gave them that pity award, and after Yaiba, Spark Unlimited finally fucked off and died.

Never have I wanted something to be true so hard in my life. I don't think I have the heart to see this either be fake or for Capcom to fuck it up.

Please don't do this to my heart.

Remember me?

I know this feel, brother. As someone who played the fuck out of LP2's campaign over and over again just for the Cat-G fights, I don't want this to be a lie. I will flip a shit if it turns out we were supposed to get this version of LP3. I will just give up on life.

even as the degenerative weeb I am, I don't know how to feel about this

Oh cool, that is a neat excuse for asset recycling.

osteoporosis?

At least they're not Konami/EA/Ubisoft/Actiblizz
Sometimes they release a decent game.
Also you forgot Street Fighter V and the fact that Breath of Fire VI is supposed to be a mobile game that's generic as fuck :^)

What kind of excuse is that?
What was the last decent game that they put out?
He already said SFV and wasn't BoFVI back during their major shitty period before they started doing anything to make it look like they were getting better?

So they're continuing the story from 3? I really hope they don't go full dead space again and remove what made the first 2 games fun, i did like the boss fights in the mech though.

should we try organize a few rounds in LP1 at friday for fun ?