Hixploitation Games

What are some good games that take place in a rural setting, far away from our familiar cities? Asking for horror or mystery mostly, but any are welcome.

I'd say Redneck Rampage, but in the game you are the hick, also Point Lookout.

Resident Evil 7

Call of Juarez.

Deadly premonition, kind of.

Alan Wake

I thought Alan wake took place in some fuckoff mountain cabin, or am I thinking of a different game?

No, Alan Wake takes place in a small lakeside resort town.

This motherfucking game, which to this day I'm not sure if it ever came out

Resident Evil 7.

Dying Light's The Following is pretty fun and in rural turkey. Its also playable with the torrented version with Tunngle, so its free.

Wasn't Dying Light a parkour game? Because unless I'm missing something, parkour and open fields don't mix.

Everything or Nothing had a level and a quarter set in the Louisiana everglades.

One of them is a boring mansion with arbitrary barriers that turn it into a maze (bulletproof furniture you can't climb over, thin wooden planks ect.). The second one, where you drive away from that mansion in the swamps, through some hick homes and onto the road where you have to stop a truck that will destroy the New Orleans levees (game was released before Katrina) while dodging traffic is fucking awesome.

never played, but i like the trailer song.

holy shit i haven't heard that name in ages
game was 2spooky for me as a kid

Its less of a parkour game and more of a dead island with smooth movement. You do not do as much running in the DLC because you get a dune buggy. You essentially ride the dunebuggy between towns and such and use your parkour there.

it was also a huge piece of shit and the bottom tier of Build games

Blood > Duke 3D > Shadow Warrior > finding out you have cancer > Redneck Rampage

Interesting. Might check it out. Is it good?

Never played it. Why's that?

I said it sucks because I did play it, le butthurt rethuglican southerner.

So you have this one. You have the one asking about good boss fights with a picture of a shit boss fight from RE7 and you have others. Stop.

It feels less like a proper A+ dev game and more like some shitty DN3D TC mod made by a couple of amateurs.
If you're still wondering, just quit being a faggot and watch a lp on JewTube or pirate the gog version

Redneck Rampage has a bretty gud soundtrack though.

Normally I detest doing that on principle, but your dubs compel me.

That was about the only good thing about that game, the OST was something funny.

There were a few of those out and about, though I thought the voice over for the guy you played as was pretty good.

He's saying HE never played it and wants to know why YOU think it sucked, you fucking mongoloid.

Lots of dark, ugly graphics, a very low variety of enemies (pistol thugs and shotgun thugs make up about 90% of the enemies, even in the expansions), enemy dialogue is grating, weapons are pretty dull when you get past the redneck/alien theme, level design is mediocre and rarely uses the full potential of the Build Engine. The biggest issue is that it uses the same engine as Blood and Nukem which makes it look that much lazier. The music is great and the voice acting and dialogue are pretty good when they aren't being spammed by the same 2 generic enemies.

You need a healthy dose of reading comprehension and self awareness, fam.

what in the fuck this game looks amazing

does sheep count?
basically, you herd sheep through ridiculous obstacle course as one of several sheep dogs or herders

Harvest Moon.

City folk are cancer nowadays anyways.

Ouch. That's disappointing, it looked good on paper.

A good portion of Destroy All Humans takes place in the country.