ITT: Cheap shit

What are some of the cheapest weapons and tactics in a game? I want to see weapons that have no business being in a game because they make it too easy. I'll start.

I think there were literally only two enemies that had holy resistance.

One of the things I've always hated about most metroidvanias is that they didn't have more weapon variety, at least not viable ones, it was always a super weapon or the weapon with strongest attack that mattered, not the type of damage. Enemies don't help either, since most of them are weak to holy and nothing else, and shit like "stone" or "curse" only damage a couple of enemies.
You know, if the idea wasn't shitty, I'd like a "second castle" or just new game+ where you had the strongest variety of enemies and you could have all your weapons from a previous gameplay, shit, if they integrated that as part of the story that would be nice. Also, the idea of having areas that go around an specific type of damage/damage resistance would be thematically nice. Like a apothecary that goes with curse/poison and so on. Maybe even some kind of "gorgon lair" that goes with stone kind of damage.

Have you played Order of Ecclesia? It implements some of the features you mentioned.

Nah, user, I felt like OoE had a lot less weapons than the other games did, and I mean actual weapons, not magic, and even then it falls short. Sure, they were to the point of being "one of each", but that's the problem, is one of each, you have dark and holy, and then you have the main weapons, the other spells are kind of useless as well.
I never even gave a shit about enemy variety there either, I usually just wrecked the shit out of them with that penetration weapon or holy+dark spells. I think OoE, as much as I loved it, is kind of overrated in that aspect. Same with Albus, who is only good for the cancel exploit.

I think OoE still suffered from at least one OP weapon. If you combined skeleton laser with sword you got a long reaching light Saber that did holy damage.

Since we're talking about Castlevania, the shield rod + alucard shield is something that comes to mind. It's hilarious because it's so fucking broken, I really don't know what the devs were thinking.

Maybe until you get to the Depths, possibly before that it's been a while since I played it, but you get punished for it if you neglect other weapons

Even without that, there's still crissaegrim. SotN was full of broken tactics.

I've done a couple of runs where I beat the game with it. It's strong as fuck up until Sen's Fortress.

Really? I remember it doing scratch damage to bosses even when upgraded after the Capra Demon

It'll easily take you through Blight Town and Quelaag at +2. I inevitably use it at that point in the game for my caster runs since there's nothing else that does that much damage with no real stat investment.

I think Cure Shield in KH1 was pretty OP. It gave you invulnerability while using Cure. This was before magic had cool down so instead of avoiding attacks you could just stand there, get full health, and avoid the attack.

What about cheap and overpowered stuff that you still LOVE to use?

Like this guy

OoE made magic feel less like just a crutch. It also buffed Dark by including more enemies weak against Dark.

Nah

At least they were both well hidden and not immediately obvious unlike the one in OP's.

Claimh Solais is hidden, though, in a secret cave in a secret zone.

Never said the contrary. My problem is that it it lacks variety. Sure, SOTN had a lot of items, and although most of them felt the same, they were a lot and some had pretty neat hidden features. OoE is pretty straight forward about it and you only have the "upgraded form" of the glyph.

That sword is in an obvious dead end in an area only a retard wouldn't be able to find.

Its funny cause Thorn is absolute garbage now

It's still hidden, more hidden than the Alucard Shield. Although you have to know the shield rod combo in order to use it, tough.

That reminds me, in Sword of Mana for the GBA there's an area that could only be accessed with an side-quest item. The process itself in getting to the specific area is much more confusing and when you finally get to it you obtain the Brownie Ring, which boosts all stats tremendously and can be used to beat the final boss in 5 hits

This fucking slut right here

Not only that, but you'd have to know that the effect turns the shield into a weapon in the first place. No one's going to think that at first and that's why it's so well hidden.

Scout rushing was the only thing you could do if you wanted all the good shit.

What about fucking strike raid m8? You can stand still spamming it and just cheese the fuck out of sephiroth because of the I-frames.

The FINGER gun in Armored Core: Project Phantasma. It burns down the last boss in seconds.

Can't remember much else about breaking a game IN HALF, BAH GAWD, other than exploiting the shit out of alchemy in Elder Scrolls games to make yourself into a walking god.

You really only need one calculator and the game becomes easy mode

>Has a massive bug where you can re-apply her bleed through any form of defense, including parries, blocks, deflects, and even dodges/straight whiffs.
This game is a fucking joke.

If you can manage the timing in DMC4SE you can beat Dante and Agnus quite easily with Just Judgement Cuts using Vergil

As a kid, it was like having a inbuilt cheat code once you figured it out.