Way of the samurai

I heard those games are fun. Two available on PC, two on PS2.

Which is the best one?

Original is the best IMO.

3 is the best IMO.

you want to listen to this nigga right here, OP. Also, I found out recently that Acquire did a couple of ninja series called Shinobido that seem to be in the same vein as WotS.

Why is 1 better than 3?

2 is the best IMO.

Because the original feels like Yojimbo, where as every WotS that followed feels like a pretty typical open world game. 1's setting, characters, branching story and game systems were all perfect in a way that later games just didn't capture. 2 had a goofy time system, and 3 had shit characters and story. Never played more than a little bit of 4 though so I can't comment on it.

I also think voice acting in the series is a mistake. Jap or horrible Dub.

In 4 you can fuck the loli.

This, it just went slowly downhill after that. You can't beat perfection.

I've only played 3 and 4, of which 4 is much better despite appearing much smaller on the surface, 3 has problems that I'm too lazy to properly explain.

Hopefully they're either working on WotS 5 or Shinobido 3.

Shinobido kinda sucks though.

you suck

No really, it was a poor man's tenchu.

It was made by the original developers of Tenchu dumbass.

Just like real life.

Didn't it had like ridiculous amount of health on late game enemies like during intervention of foreigners, so you end up constantly juggling them or die instantly? It made me fucking quit it near the ending back then.

Sounds like a skill problem on your end. I never came close to dying in my many times playing through the final stages. Do enemies have a lot of health at that point? Sure. But you should know combos and moves that tear that health down in no time even with the basic sword.

pretty much what has outlined. I always felt like I was part of the story in 1 and having a direct influence. My experience with 3 was run around, try to pick fights with people way tougher than me, slaughter them, ran out of people to start shit with. I couldn't find anyone to get me into the story and I couldn't murder any more people. Ultimately, boredom killed 3 for me. WotS 2 was fairly similar, although a little better than 3 in the murder everyone department.

So? It still was inferior to any Tenchu sans Z

The first two have been patched in english on the psp.

I have WotS Portable 1 on my PSP 3000 and its a fantastic straightforward port with the added benefit of native widescreen mode.8

WotS is a weird series where every new game is simultaneously a step forward and a step back. Each of the four games have enough pros and cons to make it worth playing all of them. I still think 2 is the worst. I would kill for a game with all of the best aspects of 3 and 4 merged.

On the bright side, the first two emulate flawlessly and the other two have emulation-tier PC ports so you get a similar experience across the board. Might as well play them in order.

3 has the best combat and atmosphere, 4 has the most content and huge quality of life improvements (sans one: changing the pickup item button to be the same as the attack button was pure retardation). I can't pick a clear winner between the two and I end up playing both just as often. Note that both 3 and 4 run like absolute dogshit on PS3 so despite the bugs here and there the PC versions are the definitive versions by far.

You clearly didn't play Shadow Assassins.

And there are 3 Shinobido games.

No it's not. You have to do some VERY specific shit though. I remember I had to save, start a scene, quit, reload and then I got her instead of the sailor

I thought the sailor fucked you.