New Batshit Game Reveal In March?

Logo seems to imply so.

Is the Arkham series going to become the new Ass Creed?

I'd play it.

Would much rather have Bamham games over AC anyday.

I've heard rumors it was going to be one featuring Damian Wayne as the protagonist and that it would be using the Nemesis system from Mordor.

Supposedly it's not part of the Arkham continuity. Still, call me intrigued, especially if this is the Batman Beyond game we were all hoping for, since Damian as Batman would have to be a thing set in the future.

I thought they said they werent making this shit anymore

Rocksteady said that. With an eagle eye, you might spot that this the OP pic involves WB games.

Project Gotham Racing :^), you are forced to use the batmobile from Arkham Knight on several tracks created by Nygma.

Godfuckingdammit, I sure hope not. To have a Batman game with effing Damian under the cowl before Dick Grayson or Jason Todd or even Tim Drake is blasphemy. It's bad enough DC is trying to pimp out the little shit in their new crappy animated movies, I don't want them shitting up the games as well. If it's Arkham Beyond or something, they might as well just get Terry McGinnis.

That's cool, I guess. Then we won't have to deal with Rocksteady's continuity fucking over characters like Hugo Strange, Dr. Phosphorus and Bane.

Was anyone actually impressed by that shit? As far as I could tell, it was a fairly basic thing which even a college student could come up with, they didn't even try to optimize that shit which is why Shadow of Mordor ended up taking up over 50 GB, when it should have used 20 GB or under at most.

I would love this type of game, bring in the campy Batman games.

Injustice 2 or whatever its called is out soon right?

In three months, it's gonna be another casualfest.

Rocksteady said they weren't making anymore Arkham games, but catagorically said they would still make Batman games.
Conroy and Hamill said they'd keep going.

I wouldn't mind yearly standalone games. Despite what everyone says on here, the combat system is actually amazing for a Batman game.
It's not a good system for much else, but it's easy enough to learn and still somewhat challenging when they add a bunch of extra enemy types that you actually feel like you're playing as Batman.

Injustice 2 has been getting promoted out the ass for the past few months, and this appears to be something new. Not to mention that the logo doesn't match.

When the only significant feature they've introduced is character gear, and the rest of the game is basically MKX with DC characters, right down to having Black Canary's moveset ripping off Sonya Blade's, you know it's going to be shit. I don't expect the plot to be anything special either. How many evil Superman stories have there been now?

Yeah, the Freeflow combat and predator stuff is perfect. Even the Batmobile would be amazing if they merged pursuit mode and battle mode into one, and made the Batmobile combat more like a chase sequence with vehicles bombing the crap out of each other, instead of tank battles.

The only thing that sucks about Arkham games combat is that it's horrible for designing good 1-on-1 battles.

1v1 just devolves into "use this gimmick 5 times over".
They should add boss fights that also use Freeflow and you have to properly counter their gadgets and attacks.

They already got their actor shills from those god-awful TV adaptations to shill for the game, like shit.

Really? Source?

Shit taste tbh fam.

Bravo, WB!

Also, I'm getting informed by Jim Augustshulzberg from marketing, that Arkhim was offensive to wymyn, so it's been renamed Arkher.

CIA Rises game when?

Sounds like a shitty RPGmaker game, man.

Could actually be good.

Someone who shoots a man before throwing him out of a plane is someone who doesn't think falling from planes is all that deadly.

Are you saying that CIA survived the crash? Bane didn't shoot him before he crashed, so he must be alive!

How could he survive?

Yes, the agency rises!

Baneposting is cancer that is long past it's due date.

UUUU

Nolan movies are cancer, baneposting is the cure.

Thanks for giving me the idea.

I like Damian as Robin but the idea that he ends up being the one to train Terry pisses me off. The idea that he would be the protagonist in a Batman Beyond setting pisses me off. Isn't there a way to use the character without just having him steal someone else's role in an already existing story? I mean at least Tim Drake got to go Nightwing and have his own identity when Damian showed up.

I haven't played Knight and don't even remember if Phosphorus was in the other games, but Strange and Bane were their basic selves. Hell, despite "Origins" being billed as a prequel, it still somehow seems to take place after Knightfall, since it isn't Bane's origin, but the story of how he got powered up even harder and invented the drug from the other games. Strange still has the basic deal of "guy who uses psychological profiling on Batman but actually is jealous and wants to be Batman."

I can't tell if you guys realize that this is actually a real game.

Flash and Legends of Tomorrow are breddy gud though. Season 1 of Flash is a bit meh but 2 is a lot better. Legends is good except whenever they go to the '50s and have to do SJW shit.

It already exists.

Somebody get this hothead outta here!

No, he really doesn't. He exists for the sole purpose of being Ra's al Ghul's bitch and throwing Bruce Wayne into Arkham City. All the supposedly cool stuff he does off-screen or in the comics which are not really canon anyway, the actual game demonstrated virtually zero understanding of his character, from him being peak of physical conditioning to the point he can actually do a lot of the acrobatic shit Batman does, just not as well, as well as canonically having the highest IQ in Batman's rogues gallery, and being a mastermind in his own right instead of a puppet. Rocksteady just took him and turned him into a generic mad scientist type, whose ultimate plan is a letdown and makes no sense. Bane is similarly shortchanged into being just a dumb brute, with Origins being the only game to do him right and justify him being a dumbass in later games. Actually WB Montreal did basically everything right with Origins that Rocksteady did wrong with City. Rocksteady seem competent technically, but they kinda suck at everything else.

Phosphorus doesn't exist at all prior to Knight. And in Knight, he's just Simon Stagg's business partner who gets turned insane by Scarecrow's fear toxin. Fucking wasted.

Isn't that women's day? Prepare to some bullshit, I say.

There is also a batman arcade racing/vehicle combat game that came out in 2014

Are they retarded?

It's french

When will they actually give us a game about playing the Big Guy?

Oh. Shit. It will be Calendar Man, won't it?

So, yes?

Nah, it's just a generic WB Games slogan. They used the same one for Arkham Origins as I recall.

Calendar Man is a shit villain anyway. He wouldn't be able to hold an entire game by himself. Hell, look at Scarecrow, who is the same - they gave him a badass deep voice, a scarier makeover, and Hugo Strange's "unmask Batman" shtick, and he still ended up playing second fiddle to the Arkham Knight for most of the game and was reduced to saying generic shit about fear over a screen. Some villains just can't hold a whole game as the main threat.

Fair enough.

I did like Scarecrow's sections in Asylum though. He may not have carried the game, but he provided some very memorable moments.

Far from it. Freeflow suffers from having nothing of value besides purdy animations and predator is a fucking joke with brain dead, deaf and blind AI and lack of challenge.
You can say all you want about riddler's combat/predator challenges but those don't unlock anything of value and might as well be achievement whoring.

Are you kidding me ? Scarecrow in Knight was in name only. He was just a generic villain with a nuke, it's just that his nuke was fear-themed. They botched him as much as they possibly could.

Dubs confirmed, a Catwoman walking simulator, Batgirl white joker beat-em up, Batwoman lesbian dating sim.

Will they continue hiring a meritless & incompetent team to do the port?

I really wish they would stop using the "oh its so hard to design for other superheroes" excuse and make some other fucking games. Superman can be beaten by being punched and is thrown around by lasers and explosions all the time, yeah bank robbers wouldnt threaten him much but they don't threaten bayonetta or the guy from prototype either.
Green Lantern could be handled using a weapon wheel similar to say ratchet and clank with tons of constructs in it.
The Flash doesn't have to be autistically fast just because during a very small number of scenes in the comics the writer either didn't understand maths or because he was powered up during that scene.

Why the fuck do they have to keep doing batman?

Best case scenario its an Oracle game where you manage the Birds of Prey + Bat Family members in a sort of "gotham vigilante tycoon game" thing.

The only thing I would have against this is the tone because DC seems to be going the 2mature4u route

This. I was very excited for Scarecrow in AK but they completely fucked it up for the Arkham Knight character whose identity was too obvious and…THE JOKER yet again.

Ain't gonna happen as long as Joker is immediatly associated with Batman.
Which means forever.

I always wondered how they get jobs and everyone seems to think that an entire corporation is cucked to hire SJW's. Maybe this one was a normal girl when she got hired and then went full dyke on them. They can't fire her for no reason so they stuck her on PR duty.

I liked AK so I'll probably like this one too. As long as it's made by rocksteady, it's cool.

I could almost be interested in it if they went straight up Batman Beyond, turning it into one half Batman Arkham one half Persona, where you have to balance being a vigilante by night with Mcginnis' social life as a teenager. You could use an offshoot of the nemesis system where neglecting one in favor of the other can change Gotham or your social life for better or worse. Spending a few nights out on the town with your bitch can result in higher crime rates and tougher boss encounters with villains in favor of your studies staying up and your friends being happy with you, or you can do the opposite, keep Gotham safe but have your daylight activities flounder as a result while Terry starts to flunk or lose friends who can become villains he has to fight as Batman due to not having him around to combat negative influences

You could reuse most of the Arkham Knight map and just touch it up with some nice cyberpunk set dressing.

Terry's villains could also make for some really interesting bossfights though Rocksteady is apparently so shit at handling bossfights that I'm sure they'd either be terrible or neglected altogether

Fuck there are even enemy factions in the show you could just plug into the game. Wayne Corp security forces, Jokers, and splicers. They could provide all kinds of cool enemy types.

It's all there, you can do it, it's not hard. But no, we're going to get another generic Bamham game starring the most insufferable little faggot I've ever had the displeasure of either reading about or seeing in animation. I most certainly do not want to play as him, when there's already a character who can wear the mantle with pride while bringing his own style and flair to the name.

You could even bring back the Joker with the plotline from Return of the Joker, because we all know that there's no way in hell they'll actually be leaving him buried for once.

What we should really get is a MGSV Batman game. The formula would work so much better for Bats than Big Boss

I think the biggest problem with Superman and others isn't strength, it's speed and flight. It breaks immersion when Superman is limited to one city. You could get one game out of saying that Brainiac bottled the city, but then you need to come up with something new.

But yeah I want my Superman game by this point. It would probably be faggy injustice shit though.

That Ratchet & Clank Green Lantern idea is fucking awesome, though. Now I want to see that more than anything.

Man they really fucked up the timeline that time they went back to the big bang and witnessed creation.

A Superman game needs to be Superman going on space adventures and rescuing hot alien babes from evil galaxy-consuming overlords. That is, in fact, what he used to do long before Green Lantern took over that shtick. Limiting him to Metropolis is stupid, because Metropolis and the Daily Planet is boring. And outdated.

I suppose you could do a huge, Grand Theft Auto style map where it's an entire state instead of a tiny-ass city, and then do a plot where Superman loses most of his powers, and has to climb the levels to maximum strength, speed, durability and agility, as well as new powers like x-ray vision, infrared vision, night vision, heat vision, freeze breath, super shout and all those other powers and abilities he has, like vibrating his molecules at high speeds to phase through shit or whatever.

Of course then you run into the problem of good Superman villains. There's like, what, five good Superman villains? Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Mongul, Parasite, Metallo and…uh, I'm out.

Metropolis is a very fleshed out location with a lot of landmarks and memorable supporting characters. If I'm playing a Superman game, I want to interact with those characters. Metropolis and the Daily Planet are cool. Maybe they could include other key locations like Smallville and Warworld, but if you take away the central location of the series, you take away a lot of what makes the series worth adapting. Casuals might not be aware of those supporting characters and locations, but they're part of why the series is successful.

Plus, without the Daily Planet we don't get Jimmy Olsen, and he's the best character ever.

As for more villains, off the top of my head

There are a bunch more that aren't as great, but then it's not like the Batman games didn't do well by using some of the more obscure ones. Hell, it's not like even some of the more well known Batman villains, like Killer Croc, are even good in the first place.

No the first part of the first episode where Bruce retires Batman takes place in 2019, the rest of the series takes place in 2039

So we're about to enter a dark age of no Batman. And keep in mind that even that episode takes place years after Robin got all fucked up by the Joker and Batman alienated the Bat-Family and the Justice League. Things are gonna get real bad real soon.

Disagree. Superman is a global character, at the very least, and confining him to one city is a massive issue. He's in fact, the only character of such power level that gets this treatment, all the others are never locked to one place.

I honestly struggle to remember the last time Jimmy Olsen was even relevant in Superman media. Most of the time, even DC doesn't know what to do with him. Comic relief is the best he usually gets.

Fair enough, those aren't too bad (even though Doomsday, Parasite, Bizzaro and Metallo are only good as boss battles). It rapidly drops off after that point though, and you either get Flash syndrome with villains that really shouldn't pose any threat whatsoever to Superman, or just endless repeats of "Kryptonian villain" or "Kryptonite-powered villain".

Not a Superman villain, but a Justice League one.

Same as above, part of the Crime Syndicate.

Seriously? When was the last time Ultra-Humanite even appeared in Superman media? Much less as a Superman villain, rather than some generic JLA or JSA villain?

Also, Killer Croc is freakin' awesome, you take that back.

It's not that he's locked to one place, he has adventures all over, but still has a home city. Having a core location with recognizable landmarks and supporting characters is important. Just ask Wonder Woman. Without it, she's left with like three memorable supporting characters and practically no interesting locations, resulting in nothing but Themyscira shit, which is equivalent to every one of Superman's adventures revolving around Krypton.

Plus, in a video game, especially one that would presumably be influenced by the Arkham games, you would probably have a limited number of decently sized locations. Metropolis being the core of that makes sense.

The comics, because WB doesn't know how to do adaptations. Snyder put him in BvS purely to kill him five minutes into the movie for shock value, and then cut the shot where they say his name, leaving him only identified in the theatrical cut as "CIA." While his efforts to expand the Baneverse are commendable, I would have still liked to see Jimmy Olsen in a movie.

Oh yeah I forgot about Kryptonite Man. And Flash has one of the best collections of villains in comics. They're huge fan favorites who regularly get their own miniseries, even though casuals don't know them since Flash never really got any adaptations focused on him until recently. And even with that, Heat Wave of all characters has quickly become the best character in either of the two live action DCUs they have going now.

Yeah, he should be a villain even the Justice League can't handle, but that doesn't stop the tons of stories where he just fights Superman anyway. These go back even to his earliest appearances. He first appeared in issues of Jimmy Olsen, after all.

There are times when the individual members fight their particular doppelgangers and it's cool. Smallville did some cool stuff with Ultraman in its last season, and Flash basically made Johnny Quick a season villain even though they didn't call him that, and it was awesome. Owlman gets to do a decent amount of Batman stuff too, and Power Ring (or more specifically, Volthoom) ended up becoming tied into the actual GL Corps story really well just before Johns stopped writing it like two years ago. The only one that I haven't seen good stuff done with solo yet is Superwoman, and that's partially because she's been mixed with the other Superwoman (Lois Lane) and thus left as more a Superman character than a Wonder Woman character.

You have a point, but this is a major missed opportunity. The fucker is the literal first supervillain ever, a great opposite to Superman with the brains vs brawn thing, plus the whole "Ubermensch" deal they can work on. Sure, Luthor has stolen a lot of his bits, but then Luthor doesn't have the option of turning into a giant albino gorilla for a boss fight. And plus, Ultra-Humanite shows that there have always been transgender characters in comics, since he put his brain in a female body in like his third appearance, and stayed that way for like 30 years. So that should help appease the SJWs a bit. If DC was smart they'd include him in every Superman origin story, especially since in his first appearance it's retconned that he's behind all the gangsters Superman fought in his first year, but DC hasn't hired anyone as autistic as me yet, not even Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison.

And Killer Croc a shit. He's like Kryptonite Man tier. That's why I get to list Kryptonite Man earlier in the post.

Also, a lot of Superman stories aren't even about traditional villains, but just about weird shit that he has to deal with, like Turtle Boy or Jimmy's other hijinx, or random Red Kryptonite stuff.

Batman games use guys that aren't even Batman villains, like Deathstroke, so Superman could get away with some that are more debatable at least, like Maxima. Hell, you could use Lori Lemaris to get some Aquaman villains going. Not that they'd have the balls to do that, but it could be cool.

Wonder Woman is a bad example, since Themyscira IS her Metropolis, except somewhat more interesting with all the mystical shit going down. Superman's adventures involving Krypton tend to be very few and far between, which is a shame since it's easily one of the best parts. Kandor, that World of New Krypton stuff, going back in time, it's basically the tales in which Superman feels like an average Joe going on an epic adventure, whereas in Metropolis it's Superman flying around a generic big city rescuing kittens from trees and beating up mobsters. It would be one thing if the game was designed in such a way as to accommodate a large variety of big locations, like several big cities, countrysides, maybe other nations just to underline that Superman is a global (and even a cosmic) hero, but that's probably at least a decade away if not more.

Yeah, Snyder really fucked up there (and everywhere else). Even in the comics he's kind of bland-ish. I sorta vaguely remember some shit about him becoming rich and being a trust fund baby in the New 52, and in Rebirth he's basically irrelevant since all the focus is on Superman and Lois Lane and their little brat.

The question is not about their personalities, though, it's about their threat levels. And Flash's villains have long suffered from the issue of not really being any sort of viable threat to him, aside from the speedsters. Hell, even the CW show kinda realized that, which is why most of the time Barry spends fighting other speedsters, like Zoom and Reverse Flash, and Captain Cold and Heat Wave got packed off to Legends of Tomorrow.

To be fair, he was only in Jimmy Olsen because Jack Kirby was looking for a way to introduce the New Gods, and that happened to be his current gig. Darkseid's appearance basically amounts to his face on a screen, as I recall. And I really don't like the idea of Darkseid jobbing to Superman or anyone else really. One thing the New 52 did right was making him so ridiculously powerful that he barely flinches at manhandling the entire Justice League simultaneously.

Still feel iffy about it, but I suppose it COULD work.

I doubt a giant albino gorilla would be much of a challenge for Superman, LOL (I don't recall him being giant either, just an albino gorilla with a really fucked-up-looking head). And really, fuck the politically correct brigade, nobody gives a shit about them anymore, everyone makes fun of them now. I'd struggle to think of a place for Ultra-Humanite now in Superman lore, TBH. As you said, Luthor has stolen a lot of his shtick and his place as Superman's arch-enemy, and Ultra-Humanite has basically been reduced to the "forgotten villains" that only exist to fight the JSA.

Oh hell naw, you did not just compare my boy to effing Kryptonite Man. Them's fighting words.

(Honestly, I'd place Killer Croc at least at the same tier as Parasite.)

That's mostly Silver Age stuff, though. Modern age, that weird shit's gone, unless we're talking Grant Morrison, and even then, he was more likely to write Superman fighting a demented magic imp (granted with some silly stuff like defeating him by making everyone in the world say their names backwards).

Maxima and Lori Lemaris are both core Superman characters though, not really debatable in the slightest. A comparison to Batman fighting Deathstroke would be something like Superman fighting Black Adam.

CIA
Bane
One of these men is more thorough than the other.

Naw, it's really not though. And this is seen with all the attempts to give her a Metropolis, like when she hangs out in London or Washington. Themyscira is her Krypton, not her Metropolis, her Thanagar, not her Midway City, her Oa, not her Coast City. Cool shit happens there but it was never supposed to be her home base. It's not like Steve Trevor and Etta Candy live there.

Not since the '40s. Since then he's been beating up supervillains like Lex Luthor or Metallo or Parasite, who are all very much centered on Metropolis. Or even guys like Brainiac, who just love bottling that particular city, or sending it into the 64th century or whatever. Or guys like Mxy, who just like fucking with it because that messes with Superman's head. Lots and lots of adventures happen in Metropolis.

Jimmy is good when they go full retard and make him a celebrity with his own fanclub who goes on adventures with the Newsboy Legion and fights Cadmus and shit.

Naw, CW just fucked up. The trick is just explaining their powers in a cool enough way. Captain Cold and Heat Wave are on the surface about temperature, but temperature is ultimately about speed. When you explain that Captain Cold can stop all movement on an atomic level, it becomes more believable that he can stop Flash. Especially when they team up and use their knowledge of him and his personality.

I mean guys like Two Face and Joker are no physical threat, but they get by on personality and their relationship with the protagonist.

In his first appearance, yes, but then Jimmy continues to fight his minions for a very long time after. All the Cadmus stuff is originally from Jimmy Olsen.

I don't think he should be jobbing to Superman either, but it happens a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat him in Justice League because Superman comes back to life and just kicks his ass.

John Byrne tried do to that one elseworld's story where Luthor turned out to be Ultra Humanite in one of his henchmen's bodies. That was a neat idea. I would basically make him Superman's designated origin villain, the guy who tries to fight the new "superheroes" with more old school methods, only for things to escalate further and further into the absurd. Then Luthor shows him up by showing that subtlety is key. Ultra could take up a lot of the stuff that pre-Crisis Luthor used to do but modern Luthor doesn't really do anymore. The more classic mad science stuff, instead of the political social stuff.

And the point is, he can turn into a gorilla for a boss fight, making him good enough for a video game. Tie him into Titano too if you want.

Why are the regular joes always the best characters in capeshit? It's just like how the best batman character is Harvey Bullock

It's a Batman Inc RPG. It's played from the prospective of a semi-customizable player character that has no idea Bruce=Batman