Fire Emblem 4 thread

Is this how Fire Emblem was meant to be done? I'm at chapter 7 and I love it, far better than all three versions of Fates, that much I can say.

The kid/inheritance mechanic makes far more sense, even in the context of the story here, and the pairings actually matter.

I don't really mind the waifu emblem stuff, but they really need to go back to larger maps with multiple objectives, and make the love and children mechanic make sense and not hamfist it.

There is some dated stuff, personally I'd love to be able to select how much gold I want to transfer between units and not give all my gold to them. And I kind of wish you'd have easier trading than having to sell stuff through the pawnbroker, but it's no biggie maybe an easy trading system would just make the game too easy.

More lover conversations between more popular pairings would be nice too. Fuck's sake, the only lover conversation Dew has in chapter 5 is with Raquesis, and nobody pairs them together to my knowledge. Dew is either on Ayra or Brigid if he's even made into a father.

But I digress, Genealogy of the Holy War thread

I wonder why there's never been another TRPG that was quite like Genealogy of the Holy War. It had fantastic ideas and pulled most of them off pretty well, it just needed to be refined and fleshed out in a few areas.

Well, it's clearly not how FE was supposed to be done since it's they pulled the scale right back in with 5, but I would love to see another game like it. FE4 is probably my favourite SFC game.

Dew and Raquesis is totally viable by the way, it's not amazing, but none of her options really are. Delmund and Nanna don't ask for much.

This is now a Fire Emblem thread.
Is my Sain supposed to have such shit RES or is it just an RNG thing?

more importantly, i think his speed is fucked

Yes, since Shouzou Kaga has basically used it as basis for any game he was involved with after leaving Intelligent Systems. His new game he made last fall especially.

His base RES is 0 and his growth is 20%, so yes his RES should be shit.

I wonder how he feels seeing his baby getting some love again with cypher and heroes. or a remake ala Echoes. personally I would treat such a thing without any of his input as noncanon

I'd hope so, considering how low the bar is for those.

Speaking of Fire Emblem thread, am I doing something wrong with Roy in Binding Blade? Is he meant to suck so much ass?

Roy is never good. He's either mediocre or terrible depending on how much the RNG hates you.

Who thought it would be a good idea to have such a shitty protagonist?
Too bad Hector dies. He would've been better than this wanker.

He doesn't even promote until the second to last chapter, I really don't know why they hated him that much.

testing

Yeah but that's typical for physical fighters in Fire Emblem.

Treehouse shit aside, how did Fates turn out? Was it at least better than awakening?

fates is somehow worse than awakening
some might mention conquest for pure game play but if you've played fire emblem for any significant amount of time, the reason you're playing is for the characters. it's so shit you might as well play anything else that's a srpg

Roy's just a kid, man.

Also, he's statistically superior to his father, his only problem is his ridiculous promotion time.

Yeah, Gameplay wise
Story-wise, not that much, Birthright is bland, Conquest gets nonsensical and Revelations falls flat upon itself about 15 chapters in
Go for Conquest since it has better maps and difficulty, because Birthright is "rourt the enemy" the entire Time and Revelations re-uses a lot of maps of both routes up untill you get to Valla

I sure as hell hope not.

What the fuck? Dew is terrible for the kids. The only thing he passes is bargain, which helps Nanna kind of, but Delmud having pursuit is much more important. Hell Azel is a better option since both the kids keep their strength growth while also getting pursuit.

Roy is fucking awful, but that's expected of a 15 year old. He's more like the ball you have to throw in the goal.

Most FE6 units are mediocre, Roy's biggest issue is late promotion.

Roy has the same bases and nearly identical growths to Eliwood, except he gets even more stats upon promotion and the SoS is hilariously overpowered. Roy's our boy.

shit tier growth rates too. You'd be lucky to get 2 stats to improve per level.

Roy has better growths than most units in FE6.

None of that matters since by the time he promotes the game is basically done.

His biggest yes, but he'll still usually end up with mediocre stats by level 20.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. The growths are lower on a whole but you still have reliable units.

Yeah, that's Roy's only problem - his retarded promotion time. As a unit, he's perfectly servicable, it's just a shame that he can't make use of so many levels.

That's war kid.

Wrong video

Is it Fire Emblem thread? Because I tried Heroes and I am little more than butthurt.
Heroes is far from good game but compared to other mobile titles it was an enjoyable game, with very enjoyable grind.

Too bad we are talking fucking Nintendo here and it was retarded. I played roughly 4h of it. I only have 50 energy each point regenerating 5 minutes. One stage takes me 6 points. It requires me to wait fucking 30 minutes to play 3 minutes of a game and energy costs only seem to raise.

I am dropping it. Why would I try playing a game I can only play for 30 minutes per 5h?
I would ask you veterans here for good game to emulate but I don't want it. Heroes were designed for touchscreen. It was bad game overall but it played much better than all games I emulated.

Which one did you emulate?

So you ironman too?

I don't remember but it doesn't matter because I hate buttons controls on phone. Only thing I remember is that it was on GBA.

Besides this I only played Awakening on 3DS. It was even worse than Heroes.
Heroes without over leveling your characters plays at least a bit like puzzle game. In Awakening I got to a point I could go alone with Robin and Chrome and slaughter everyone. Last boss was just trying enough times to kill him. In worst case scenario you could got two crits one after another to finish him.
Heroes without energy would actually be better than Awekening.

It is their place to die in my stead.

My fellow.

tbh play FE5
has some of the most asshole maps in the series but in a good way, that forces you to always be on the move with multiple potential objectives (usually involving you getting the fuck outta the way of ailments or kidnapping soldiers for their equipment)
the only issue is the totally unreliable RN system. you can't trust any number it gives you, it's all bullshit.

All the ones after FE6 are the ones that lie to you, user. In 5, what you see is what you get, baby.

shit nigger what are you doing

Are you running .flux or something? It's very red.

I've tried emulating PS1 RPGs on my phone.
it's a pain in the ass

I tried playing Genealogy, I could never get the hang of just how big the maps were and the shitty character designs compared to Mystery or Thracia. I don't mind the waifu shit either just as long as there's no avatar or projection character. I absolutely hate child characters though, although I think the idea of getting stats handed down based on who your parents were is neat.

But anyways, Fire Emblem thread?
Yep, this is the place.
You suppose Fire Emblem will get any better? You think there'll ever be another good Fire Emblem game? Or is it doomed to pander to wider audiences like Awakening or Fates?

FE15 is going an interesting direction. No Avatar, probably no kids by extension either. Not holding my breath but I'm curious.

Why the fuck not

Definitely this because it makes more money, which makes Nintendo happy. If the planets somehow fucking align, Fire Emblem Echoes might MIGHT be a return to the glory days of balls to the walls hardcore strategy, but I am not putting my hopes up because I know they will be relentlessly crushed come March/April.

Can you explain to me what that image is? I've seen it all over. Was it a chocolate pikachu that got crushed or something? If that was the case why are there feathers at the bottom?

Advance Wars sort of fills that slot. Just mute the sound and listen to Hendrix and CCR while you play it. You could always try the Jagged Alliance games too.

Couldn't tell you, I'm hovering around chapter 10 in birthright and I can't be bothered to continue.

I don't have high hopes. Everything I like is dead or dying. Or worse.

i could not give a shit about new installments, just keep the remakes ala echoes coming. echoes is doing fucking everything like the original gaiden, the self sacrificial magic, the one range bows, the shit growths, all at the cost of a few new characters, better artist, and more developed world

oh and amiibo locked content, at least the statues look good

It's a preset designed to simulate the look of the original GBA screen.
No idea how accurate it is, but it looks nice so I use it.

Yeah it's nice and all, just seems very red-shifted to me.