Cult of Kefka SNES ROMS site - Nostalgia thread

I'm not sure how many of y'all remember the Cult of Kefka, but I do. I miss the site. It was just darn useful and comfy. It went down without warning sometime during 2003. There was a mirror that went up on some .edu server later, but that one vanished too (and I forget the URL).

web.archive.org/web/20030306182929/http://members.madasafish.com/~Kefka/

Sadly the archive is missing the banner pictures (lost forever?) and the background music (see vid).

Let's talk about Cult of Kefka (and old ROMs), I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20050307192407/http://www.qualityroms.com/
autowebsurf.com/
zophar.net/
vimm.net/
easyhits4u.com/
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/guides
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone else remember Arch Nacho and Tortilla Godzilla? They had silly reviews in addition to the roms, the humor is probably shit now but it was hilarious to 12 year old me.

web.archive.org/web/20050307192407/http://www.qualityroms.com/

Also

Holy shit

Holy shit user, thanks for this. This is where I got most of the games I played on the school computers in high school.

If that's all you want to do, just go on really old hit exchange websites. This one is merely from 2001, I think. autowebsurf.com/

You'll find tons of old sites.

Don't recall any of those sites, tbh. But Zophar's Domain is still up too. I kinda dislike the new layout though: zophar.net/

PS: You forgot to link vimm.net/

I didn't mean it because I like old sites, what I meant was the hype I felt when I was "surfing the net" for the first time.

Any ones you would recommend?

Gotcha. I wasn't trying to put you down btw. Just throwing out suggestions if you're interested in seeing random old websites. easyhits4u.com/ is a hit exchange from 2003.

One more picture.

That link.

Good to see that humor hasn't changed one bit in 15 years of internet. I loved the early internet. It was like a million BBBS-boxes on steroids and retard pills.

You need to look up the graffiti from pompeii.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

I remember them. They were all snobs who were all "well I don't use emulators for commercial games, I'm no pirate" and acted like emulators weren't created for piracy purposes. They were all full of so much shit, we knew they were running every ROM they could grab.

Vimms Lair is pretty cool cause it has a whole section dedicated to scans for old game manuels.

Emuparadise does that too. Although they have new games also.

emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/guides

As far as roms go, any reason why anyone would care about one of these roms sites rather than downloading the whole No Intro pack containing the best rom of every game from every console up to GBA/N64 for like 50gb?

not even 50gb, only 37.

By best version I of course mean the one without any scene tampering (that's what No-Intro means), just the game. The collection includes all versions of the games (USA/Europe/Japan)

Eh, I backed up my rom collection along time ago, only thing I check up on is either new romhacks or updated emulators.

I wish the commander keen series would get a update to run on modern systems.

Remember getting a kick outta "Megaman.net" when i was a kid. Their selection was basically just a few megaman roms, but man, it blew my fucking mind when i was 12 to learn about emulation.

thanks for the OC

It runs on DOSBox though.

Remember when old ROM sites had the "24 hour rule" posted to them? That rule was never legit, the law says downloading them is illegal- in fact, it was only legal to make direct backup copies from your own cartridge, even if you did own the actual cart it's still technically illegal to download.

It's a legal CYA. Although the NO$GBA emulator was actually developed as a commercial game development tool iirc.

Remember this classic line?

Also bullshit, mostly used to confuse lawyers and officers into inaction.

I forgot when this started happening. Feels like it was either 2006 or 2007, and I kind of want to say the latter given what we all know about that year.