Rayman 2 is terrible compared to hoodlum havoc and 1

After being forced to play on the rayman 2 ds port by my sisters tard kid again I came to the conclusion Rayman 2 is awful. Compared to the fun platforming of 1 on ps1, I think hoodlum havoc got the 3D playing down more polished and down.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_zPm3SSj6W8
steamcommunity.com/id/Nekit/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You are objectively wrong.

there's your problem

play the dreamcast original not the previous generation port or the pcuck port.

OP, you don't have to make it this clear that you have brain problems.

No u, rayman 1 was great and 2 was a disappointment compared to it.

Ok I'll give it ago if the Ds port is considered that abhorrent. I just always seem to remeber Ds ports not being too bad compared to the original source material like the Mario 64 port I thought was pretty good.

Can you atleast elaborate as to the differences between rayman 2 console iterations? I still found hoodlum havoc on ps2 to be best 3D rayman

I played Rayman 2 on the N64 and DS and I don't remember any real difference between them.

Rayman 2 version ranking:

DC > PC > N64 > 3DS > PS2 > PSX > DS > iOS

The Forest was great and Band Land was fucking amazing, but from halfway through the following world it becomes shit. Picture City is bullshit trash and the difficulty is simply not fair, shit hits you from off screen with no time to react and the game expects you to be faster than the controls allow you to be. Not to mention the final boss requires 100% completion of an already fuckhard game.

2 was piss-easy but at least it played great, had solid controls and superior platforming capability, more memorable characters and the soundtrack was better.

I could understand that, space mama was a shit boss but I did think the difficulty added to replay ability. Candy chatue was an awesome level too Imo. Can't really comment on the jaguar port though as never played it .

Excuse me, no, it's awesome, play it on PC you pleb.

I didn't even know it was on DS. Who the fuck thought that'd be a good idea?

found this video
Not as cringy as it could've been

You do not know the meaning of the word disgust until you play rayman on the GBA, where he takes up a full third of the screen.

Mr Mosquito's sideswipe attacks can only be seen by a literal pixel on the edge of the screen, and of course you can't attack him like on literally any other console because reasons.

same as n64 just higher resolution, plebe version
dreamcast or fuck off cuck

I beat that son of a bitch on DS, and it was simultaneously one of the worst and best experiences of my life. Rayman 2 is a great game though.

Would you care to share some of your grievances with the Ds port? I found the controls and camera to be abhorrent with the poor resolution. I hope these anons are right and it was just a poor port and not game

the game is fine. play it on the dreamcast and you get gorgeous textures and a solid 60fps and a 480p resolution.

Just saw a video of it. How the hell are you suppose to see anything ahead of you?

Oh god it looks awful
One thing I'll admit I'm ipressed with is that it seems to be running at 60 or at least at 50 FPS.

Youtube caps videos at 30fps . Go get your eyes checked.

Speaking from experience, you used your hands to basically sound your way around, relying on the sound effect of them hitting solid earth to guide your way around.

youtube's been playing videos at 60fps since 2014
youtube.com/watch?v=_zPm3SSj6W8

Yes but that video in particular is capped at 30fps. Otherwise there would be an option in the video settings for 60fps which there clearly isn't.

I just found the guy, he's not too bad. At least he's Purple GBC masterrace.

yeah I guess you're right, we were both wrong.

well you did say youtube caps videos at 30fps period.

okay fine. What's your steam account? You seem like a pretty cool dude

I'm willing to bet we're already friends. steamcommunity.com/id/Nekit/

Is this subzy?

yes
yes it is

Also I'm asking because internet a shit and won't let me see steam user friends.

Oh shit, what do ya know.

Rayman 2 and Origins/Legends are god tier
Rayman 1 is ok
Rayman 3 wants Kingdom Hearts audience

I remember quite liking it as a kid but it dated horribly compared to Rayman 1, and I'm not even talking about the graphics. If you want to play a 3D platformer, there's certainly better games in the genre.

Anyone got that greentext of that gay jewish kid meeting some other gay guy from his local gamestop on 4chan and falling in love in one thread?

Best way to play Rayman 2 right here

Hello Rayman thread.

Original trilogy is far better than Legends and Origins, nothing can beat the atmosphere of the original games even 3 had a pretty creative atmosphere and if you think otherwise then you're objectively wrong

God fucking dammit Ubi

I hate legends and Origins. Levels feel like you can mindlessly run forward through most of the game and do well, which is proven to be true when you decide to start doing trails for gold and actually seeing a lot of hazards can be bypassed by dashing past them. Like what kind of level design allows you to simply avoid it.

When will this meme end

I thought it was 3 which was considered the worst out of the originals

I only played 3. I remember enjoying it.
Should I play 1 and 2 as well?

Yes, try to get the Rayman Revolution for best R2 performance.
I only played the DOS version of Rayman, what's best version of R1?

fuck right off faggot
Rayman 1, origins and legends are some of the best platformers available.
2 is barely a platformer.

The PS1 or the Saturn version.

Rayman 1 is a bad game with beatuful spritework, and great music. You know I'm right.

You know you should kill yourself

Truth hurts, huh?

Communism that is not

I bet you didn't even try to 100% them, faggot.

Nigga learn to read the comment goes on about me seeing how bland the level design is when doing time trials which is only something you'd do for 100%.
Nothing's hidden because the levels are so linear the second something in the path is different it's a secret, the levels are so fucking fucking lame.

He is objectively correct, Rayman 2 is unfinished though it does have some good moments. I played it on the play station though. I don't know if their are any significant differences between it, and the other versions.

Learn to speak English, faggot. There are major differences: the playstation port removes several stages from the original game, replaces several with its own levels, and completely replaces the final bossfight with its own special snowflake shit.

Calm down user. I am surprised to see that so much would have been changed. That would explain why the playstation version seemed to be unfinished. Was any reason ever given for the changes?

check out
and then play either the PC or PS2 version.

Ill have to agree with you in that the levels aren't anything unique and not memorable.

But to say the game isn't fun and doesn't have challenge to it is wrong. Because its your shitty opinion

You have so many other problems that blogposting will not solve.

I heard that one has framerate drops, unlike the DC version.

I recently got FreeShop on the 3DS. I played 1 again recently and holy fuck that was impossible, but 2 I've never played and will probably use this time to play it on 3DS since it's portable and I've meant to try it at some point. I didn't even know it had a DS version but that sounds like it'd be awful compared to a 3DS port.

the earlier games didnt have titties in them

Only thing shit here is your skill

Confirmed for only playing the first few levels

Not with that music it ain't

Playing it is worse. The controls are fucking terrible

That's completely insignificant. The whole game is practically a remake. I played a bit of it but not enough to say if its better or worse than Rayman 2 on PC or DC as the disc was fucked.

PSX version is also completely different to all the others but I've heard that that version is shit.

Confirmed for never playing an actual challenging 2D platformer, hell just being able to beat the first 3 worlds of the first game is harder then a majority of Origins and legends bar extra levels for near 100% completion.

it's on a three inch screen you fucking mongoloid

Really depends on how you define challenging. would you consider the intense focus of figuring out the trial and error challenging? That the perseverance is part of the challenge? Or is it just pattern recognition and timing actions. So I guess my question is if trial and error and memorization are equitable to precise timing. It is challenging in that it asks you to make a lot of leaps of faith and does have some bullshit level design.

You can play Rayman 1 on mobile devices. is it even possible to beat that shit on mobile? That is like the last game that would ever work on mobile.

Compared to Origins and Legends it's like playing Mozart for the first time blind folded

And the only time in rayman 1 there's a leap of faith is when you went on an alt path for a cage in the mountain level and it even left you an arrow out of orbs to let you know you can jump down.

Get a load of this faggot

TBH the fire and stone level was reworked to be fun in the PS1 version, wish the PS2 version incorporated the PS1 sections into the level but I guess it was already one of the longer levels already.

You really are retarded.

Saturn > Jaguar > Shit >>>>>> PS1

DC > PC > N64 > PS2 >>>>>> niggerdicks > PS1

Why was this shit bumped?

Kill yourself faggot

Seriously regaining hope on this board and then threads like this one where an OP with the absolutely worst opinions in the world pops up. Fuck this shit, your thread made me angry.

step up fampai