Vidya Happy Places

What video games take you to your happy place, user? What universes would you live in forever if you could?

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/military-transition/famous-veteran-bob-ross.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanna live in Tamriel for lizard girls and retarded level scaling.

Pretty much any space game that allows you to explore planets. I just want off this pozzed planet.

Alone in the Dark

Snowy stages.

Any beat em ups, really. How great would it be to be a bad enough dude to rescue the president and beat the shit out of countless overconfident punks along the way?

All i see is Duke Nukem and Paul Phoenix posing for a Data East game.

Man Bob Ross is the shit. I put his show on TV once while we were playing some tabletop games and we ended up spending half the night watching this motherfucker paint.

I like to chill with games sometimes. Honestly just playing single-player is often enough to bring me to my happy place. I especially liked Mad Max and the Batman games for how great they felt. A little grindy but for some reason I was down for it. Mass Effect 1 and 2 felt pretty good too. Shantae games, Mario Galaxy… lots of good shit.

The game that probably works the very best is Hexcells. Puzzle game sort of like Sudoku meets Minesweeper that really gets me immersed but in a simple, calm way. I highly recommend it.

Not too related but I fairly regularly put on Mars Volta and play supercratebox on ambush for an album or two. The game is pretty shit, the dev is worse, and I'm still terrible at it, but I have fun. (obviously sounds are muted because they're dogshit)

Probably the Pokémon world. It's basically a post-scarcity high-tech utopia with unlimited clean energy. The Pokémon themselves are also cool I guess.

This. Basically any snow in any game.

No clue, because most the games I like take place in shitholes and all the places worth visiting are too small to make it warrant actually moving there

I guess a place like Harvest Moon, raising a farm and settling down with your waifu, no doomed world to speak of but a peaceful life.

Pics unrelated but comfy.

I still wonder how he does it. He says anyone could paint even with simple tools but he somehow takes what could be a regular black splotch on the canvas and makes mountains and forests out of it.

Sorry comrades, we ran out of flashlights so now you'll be using bulk order sparklers we found in abandoned warehouse.

Phantasy Star Online 2
No contest, no hesitation to answer. Over the top adventures with friends, life exploring the expanses of space, insanely high paying job, zero risk of death given how casual the game is, and smoking hot girls left and right. The choice is obvious.

When I find something that really clicks for me I pretty much get to this oh shit if I finish it I won't know what to do anymore state of mind. So I either take the cowards way out and keep it in muh backlog or I find some way to ruin it, say by restarting or munchking bullshit optimizing my character/whatever build so as to squeeze out that extra 15% power I never really needed in the first place.

Supposedly he was a major stoner, as in permanently chill: the dude tier.

I want to share his state of mind. He just seems relaxed and happy 24/7.

Well first you'd have to join the military and be a drill Sargent if you wanted to follow the path of the mythical Bob Ross.

Here you go user.

I always felt there was a darker side to him, a sex dungeon at least.

is three a gmae seti na truely beutfule uinvervese:

How come people like Bob Ross who seem happy and pleasant usually have crazy backstories? I remember hearing too that Mr Rogers apparently was some psycho during the Vietnam war or so the legend goes, whats the turn of life events that causes that

Thanks; could have sworn I already had the animated version, but for some reason all I had was the jpg.

Anything is better than IRL.

When you have a hard life it gives you perspective.

Pretty sure he was in the Air Force and that he was never a drill sergeant. Hell, I don't think he ever even saw any combat.

3 seconds in google will tell you I am right.

Bob Ross used to be a drill sergeant in the Navy. Once he left the service, he decided he was tired of making people sad, and decided to never yell at anyone ever again.

And I don't see any reference to him being a MTI although they may have done if differently back then.

Odin Sphere, i've recently maxed out all skills and levels on each character with my mind going on autopilot.
Any souls game, but especially Bloodborne, i think i've spent more than 800+ hours just running chalice dungeons listening to podcasts.
Any Basara game, slap it on, just pulverize shit, get every character to a decent level, Basara 4 Sumeragi especially allows every weapon to be a "template" so i just get a weapon that looks cool, slap all the skills i need on it, max out it's level, done, move on to "decking out" another character.
KH1 and 2, sometimes i'll especially do a run of KH2FM and 100% it, it has some stressful moments but it's such a comfy game otherwise.
MGS2 and 3, by now i can finish them up pretty quickly, don't really have to focus on the game.

There's more, but basically any game that doesn't require me to think too hard or focus and i can just let go for a bunch of hours.

Gensokyo

Try including the phrase "drill Sargent" in your search. To prove something wrong you have to actually look for the thing.

you see the other windows, right? it's a makeshift holiday in a ruined city.

user I'm not going to argue secondhand bullshit. There's literally no drill sergeant position in the US Air Force. As far as I know from 1958 they have what you call MLTs (Military Training Instructors) which pass a training course at a few dedicated bases. And again, there's literally no reference of Ross being stationed at any of those.

Now sergeant is a disciplinary rank by nature so I assume that's where the confusion comes from.

Oh you're doing the thing where you actually know things I don't know so you can automatically assume more information I don't know.

That's cool. Here's the source of the claim.
military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/military-transition/famous-veteran-bob-ross.html

You're probably right.

Actually i want to change my post. If I could go to rapture minus the crazy mutants and everything going to shit.

World of puyo puyo, seems like a peaceful place with nice landscape to enjoy and you'd get to learn puyo puyo techniques at the same time with the kind of characters you'd hang around with. My second choice would be Little busters and just generally enjoy an eternity of the same moments of school with everyone there. Third choice is pretty much in kirby's world

either of these but only if i was a qt girl and was enrolled in the schools

When I play this I'm not on my couch. I'm in a mystical land where Micheal Jackson music plays.

weird

Why does every nice person have to secretly be a psycho or some shit.

Fuck off with that mentality.

Your infallible blogs and edgefaggotry aside, you're the dumb motherfucker that mixed up Army and Air Force to begin with.

Because muh duality of human nature? But in all fairness he probably was a decent fellow. motherfucker nursed stray squirrels and shit