NIOH

The old thread is almost gone time for a new one.

Are you having fun Holla Forums?
What weapons are you wielding?
What armor set are you wearing?
What kind of build are you using?
What Clan did you join?
How many times did Ice Bitch kick your ass?

Previous thread

I'm sure this has already been asked countless times, but how does Nioh compare to the Dark Souls games? Is it harder? More fun?

That ice bitch is some shit first few attempts, you need to just realize that you can't ever block her and just stay in low stance.

As much as I like this game as far as I've gotten the bosses are pretty bad. Almost all of them have some kind of dumb mechanic that can instant kill you. Some easier to avoid than others.

Anyone else lagging behind the level curve? In the beginning I was avoiding most of the sub-missions because I wanted to save something for replays, but from the second area onward I was doing every one of them just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Now I'm beginning a recommended level 87 mission at level 78. I don't know how much those extra nine levels would really help, but it worries me

Maybe they expected you to replay the same missions or grind more often or something, but I almost never lose Amrita at a gravesite and I even play with the Amrita Kodama blessing activated most of the time

Yes
Subjective, but if you like action games you will probably enjoy it

For Yuki-Onna I think you're just supposed to stay the hell away from her for most of the fight, that's how I won it anyway, second or third attempt

Eh, they're not great, not terrible. Worst one I've personally seen so far is Ogress, I hate to see a game that gets so much right about the combat also get trapped in common pitfalls like excessive tracking and overly large hitboxes

Why does japan keep pumping out this same exact game every year? It's literally just dark souls. It looks exactly the same in every way.

Because it makes money.
Yep
Except it's better than 3.

what are you talking about, you bait her little stomp and go to town, when you see her pull out the knife you have to do some wonky dodges, but that's the only move that really requires it if you're doing it right.

I really want to get this game. But I'm in my midterms week, and I lack the self-control to just let it sit still.
At the same time, I want the day-one edition armor too.

Fuck university. Should've went NEET.

She tracks you on every move even mid-air and she is huge, so there's a pretty high likelihood of getting caught by that. For the hitboxes specifically I was talking about one of her two grab moves, it'll catch you if you're anywhere near her, even standing a few feet directly to her left. Maybe this is only a problem because I'm using the shortest-range weapons available, but I never had any problems with any boss besides her

As far as saying she's the worst boss I mean she's the one I would most believe was a Souls boss, of any of the ones in the game so far. Practically nothing going on in her attack pattern and tactics. She was like a much more boring version of Vicar Amelia

Have you played the game? It's a lot faster and more technical than any of the Souls games, only really comparable in speed to Bloodborne.

Kusiragama. It's so stylish, especially when you start mixing up the stances.

Vassal Set

Skill/Dex

Not unlocked the teahouse yet

Not reached her yet. Tachibana Muneshige kicked my ass though. I guess that's the price I pay for trying to be stylish instead of cheesing him.

The trick with Ogress is that, despite her huge range, she has a safe zone right up next to her body where she basically can't touch you.

More accurate to say that it looks like Onimusha or and of Tecmo's 3D games.

Her late stage icicle chain attack can destroy you even if everything has gone perfect.

Far worse hitboxes for the player too.
It's my only complaint from the demos.

That said, the demo was pretty fun, aside from Muneshige.
Fug dat nig.

Bloodborne isn't all that much faster than Souls, Nioh is way faster

Does she really? I thought maybe I was just getting lucky when I wasn't taking damage right up in her face

Just wait till you fight the guy with Red Demon armor.

im stuck on level 1 and cant progress cause i cant stop fighting every revenat that i come across

Just fight the ones with most purple gear. Even if you don't like the stats you could always sell/dismantle them.

Not hard considering that game was complete trash thanks to the retarded devs changing mechanics because no fun allowed.

It has the same UI, the same mechanics, and nearly the same combat other than the speed factor. It's literally dark souls.

I've played Onimusha. Again, this is Dark souls; not Onimusha.

so are the only ones with purple gear with fighting?

worth*

With most equipped. Those and the pre-made ones with the red names, I think some might drop special shit.

lol

They don't give you all that much Amrita so yeah, it's the gear you're after

but im also after the glory which i heard was good

Souls combat has the depth of a kiddy pool, even if you never switch stances, its still deeper than anything souls has done.

I bet you're rolling in the Glory nigga!

You said it looks like Dark Souls. It plainly doesn't look like Dark Souls. It plays like Dark Souls, or so I understand, but the aesthetic is quite different.

Purple gear is what you're most after but you can disassemble the other gear and then forge the resultant materials up to purple tier and then forge purple gear yourself.

the 2 and 2? or the 5 sets of 3? because outside of the double fight, her AI is really bad and if you're behind her she'll attempt to do the stomp or the ice shot ring. both of which are easily avoided.

Her only bad tracking move is the knife stab grab thing. Christ that tracking is awful, I lost a double fight once because she did a 180 noscope spin dash on that.

I agree the hitbox accuracy isn't as good, but the hitboxes in Nioh aren't bad regardless. The only moments where I've thought to myself that I shouldn't have gotten hit are when I get hit while using the jump moves with the spear and kusarigama and then instantaneously get sent back to the ground. Looks and feels pretty janky when that happens.

Really enjoying the game on the whole aside from that, though I don't think I'm far in. Just got to the second region earlier tonight.

True.

That's not the case at all. Movesets for each weapon type in Nioh are customisable, much larger in terms of the number of moves available and require a considerably bigger variety of inputs, on top of running out of stamina actually having consequences for the player, being able to drain enemies' and bosses' stamina with different effects on each type when theirs runs out. That's without getting into ki pulses and stances, as well, which are probably the two biggest parts of Nioh's combat. The two games really aren't that similar.

That one. If one of the projectiles touches you then every subsequent wave will hit because of stun locking. You have to stay up close to her in the last phase of the fight so she doesn't use that attack.
Incidentally I've found that the katana ki disperse attack works wonders on youkai.

I fight a lot of revenants and get a lot of glory but I haven't personally spent any of it yet, so I couldn't tell you how good it is

For a majority of combos you can't dodge while stunlocked but can still put up your guard, is that not also true for her projectiles? It might exhaust your ki but it's better than just soaking up damage

The most dangerous part of the Ogress fight is closing the distance between her and you. The only other two things to keep in mind is to roll towards her when she does her ground pound and to keep roll dodging around her when she does that angry slice and dice attack.

I love being able to help anyone via a matchmaking function instead of needing to be in a specific place. We could easily all set our passwords to "Holla Forums" and summon each other for help anywhere.

Fucking checked. Ogress basically can't hit you when you hug her legs, except for the pound and the jump which are easily dodged.

Well I was overcomplicating that a bit, I stayed at range for most of the fight

I think all of her attacks blow right through you block. I've not been using heavy armor so you mileage may vary.

Why are ice women so rapeable?

Because they're only cold on the outside.

This game is the true story of one of Donald Trump's past lives.

The fuck does Glory do anyways?

So this is Japan's answer to Dark Souls…

You can buy skins for your character and emotes once you get past the third region

Currency for an NPC you don't know yet.

Yeah it's better than Dark Souls.
Japan made Dark Souls 2.
Both of those are Japan.

Nigga what

too*

M8 both games are made from Japanese devs.

You mean a true, total, absolute weeb, so completely and totally taken in by japanese culture that he ran from his own country to be assimilated by another?

How is Bill a fucking weeb? He chased some kike to Japan to get his celtic sprite thing back and gets caught up in bullshit whilst slaughtering japs and waving his big Euro cock around, dominating the pile of shitsticks.

He was forced into it too.
He was in fucking jail for theft and god knows what else.
Piracy on the high seas.

He was in jail because the queen decided to be a bitch, since he was a pirate, yes, but on her employ.

Well, it's really, really good

That's the one

Wasn't he in jail because they wanted to cover up the magic maguffin rocks?

Did you even read the bit about the book he read on the way and how highly he praises samurai and shit?

Not to mention his real life counterpart, while trapped by the government, eventually became so ingrained in the culture he stopped being able to relate to his fellow englishman.

To be completely fair who the fuck can relate to the brits?
Spend 5 minutes in /britpol/ and you'll want to nuke the entire island, they're a bunch of inbred shitflinging apes, one step above the subhuman bestiality of aussies.

Miura Anjin was a fucking advisor to Tokugawa Ieyasu and held with as much or even more respect than many samurai. The world's first power-weeb.

Is this The Last Samurai of video games?

I wonder if the book Shogun was closer to actual accounts than this game or what you read on wikipedia, where the samurai pissed on his back, treated him like dirt and he basically viewed them as savages who kill at the drop of a hat.

Yes and no.

Maybe if that movie took place about 200 years in the past. Would have been a better story.
Edo Period > Meiji tbh
Samurai police and shit.

Oh Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, why do you make it so easy to get into Chinese /Japanese history?

I feel much more interested in the characters having seen their names (and previously done a little bit of research on them)

oh shit, was this written by the same people as DW/SW?
They should have outsourced their gameplay development to a pro team years ago.

It's a better action game than DMC3.

Tachibana Muneshige in this game doesn't fight you using TWO CHAINSAWS tho, that's kind of a let down.

Had an awesome iai duel with him though. Punk ate 4 iai strikes in a row before summoning his pikachu and eating a mid stance combo that ended him.

You can also use glory to buy rare items and blind bag weapons and armor.

The weapon/armor lottery is great.

god no, that's a waste, getting a divine from the sacred treasure one is really rare and even then it's always some low tier weapon.

I don't know about the writers, but it's the and publisher at least and takes part in the same general time period and place.

Also which game has tachibana dual wielding chainsaws?

Danjo is already my favorite character.

I think that's the Capcom one

Figures. Nice full house.

Basara.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I WANT THIS ON PC

Am I a pleb for never using flux?

It isn't, story was some script by Akira Kurosawa, was supposed to be like the Last Samurai or Shogun(TV) 10 years of vaporware and a jump to the PS4 later, they changed the outdated gameplay and overall design to "Dark Samurai Fantasy Action RPG"

Capcom's Sengoku Period game they still fucking refuse to put on the West.

Sounds like everything changed for the better. I did like the artwork for whatever they were doing before they had Team Ninja make the game for them though.

Don't worry, user, it'll probably come to PC in a few years after Sony's had their fun. By then, the PS4 will be dead.

Was supposed to be like Kessen or Samurai Warriors with strategy turn-based gameplay, but yeah, they changed it something better, here's hoping we'll get more games.

After giving that NPC all of the dung balls he wanted I was expecting an alternate route into the boss room, but it was cool to find a surprise boss fight with Okatsu instead. So I guess either that fight with Tadakatsu is an optional sub-boss along the way or there are two ways to end that mission, I'll have to play it a second time and see

I want to get better at using stances but i just love low stance too much

Even if it does come to PC it will require steam so for me it's a loss. I never actually have paid too much attention to this game is it exclusively single player? I have not seen any people fighting each other.

low stance is for gays

Not gonna lie, I have gotten fucking good at this game. I beat Muneshige in less than a minute. I've beat umibozu in about a minute. I destroyed the centipede in less than 30 seconds.
Want to know how I did it?
1. Iai draw is fucking OP
2. Grapple sucks, final blow rocks
3. Break stacking is crazy strong
4.Kato is possible game breaking
5. DualSword skill "Water Sword"
To explain a bit further:
You can deplete stamina >Iai >iai>final blow>iai (if knockdown repeat last two steps). Grapple only gets you around 1200 damage at that point in the game. You can outright kill Muneshige at this point if you have enough Break(break affects possibility to outright destroy a guard or deplete stamina with knockdown)

Most people over look living weapon for the most part, but Kato changes that shit. Why? High damage, High Amrita Gain. If you plan out your route and have amrita bonuses, you can wipe entire areas of enemies by collecting amrita as you kill them. Kato's amrita gains and damage are so high that you can refill your entire LW Bar with one trash mob kill. I'm working on a build now that will abuse this to its furthest potential. I will make a recording of said build.
Water Sword. I have dualsword as my second weapon JUST for Water Sword.

Heaven flash is cool dude

Quality video

Water Sword is that good? I didn't get it because it would take the same spot as Wind Storm and it didn't seem all that different than a similar skill you can use in low stance Kurisigama

The final guardian spirit has pretty much all you need to finish entire levels with one living weapon. All you need is ~10 additional seconds of living weapon and a bunch of spirit. A solid amount of extra Might also helps.

Just unlocked teahouse, I have been doing a ton of co-op so I'm thinking I should go with Uesugi. Beyond the stat boosts, what purpose does the clan serve? I can't figure out what the online element here is exactly.

Your clan is blue or red, and the collection of each color fights to gain as much glory as possible. The color that gets the most glory gets more rewards than the losers. That's my understanding of it, we won't really know what it means until the end of the next clan battle.

If you play demon souls most bosses are closer to a puzzle than an outright fight, it seems they got caught up in the reddit/games media reputation as being some ultra-difficult action game when that was never the strong point originally.

This game is too difficult! There's no difficulty option for an easy mode! What a shitty game.

This shit is fun.

Kitty, no..

Whoa, the blacksmith changed outfit and it actually looks like a woman now. I could have sworn it was another case of "b-but I'm a boy! Uguu~" just like my Japanese Animes.

How do you don't know that she is a he but just a perfect crossdresser like your Korean Art Scrolls?

Last time that happened was in Dark Souls, someone summoned me and I had to solo Snorlax and Pikachu

I don't know if my question was answered because the previous thread 404'd before I had a chance to see it, so I'm just going to repost it.

Does anyone know if there are specific requirements for getting new equipment available to forge and refashion? For Refashion, I know for certain that simply picking stuff up isn't enough, because earlier in the game I had some Iga armor piece that wasn't available in Refashion (the rest of the armor set was though, for some reason), and as far as Forge goes, you don't always need smithing texts for new equipment to appear. Is simply beating new sub/main missions the only thing that's necessary?

push them into holes or bait lightning at them. That's my usual operation

Refashion you need a certain level and rank of gear, at least from what I've noticed. As for forge I think it's progression locked for weapons and then certain things you need the texts for.

Forge also seems to not be available for tons of weapons. It makes getting a good top tier cannon super difficult.

I'm to nice for that

Well, you get shit rewards if the host dies. I'd rather solo a boss and clear it than waste the time with the host dying before I do.

Well the problem is that the Nue is just a mini boss and the host was an idiot, he got greedy against 2 of those big statue things and died.

You still get boss drops.

1kat/kusarigama.
Top bandit, bottom archer. At 30%, so I can move like a fucking assassin.
Most points in Ki and Spirit, will probably keep it that way, but I have other points distributed over all stats. Will probably make Body a close third so I can take hits in my light armor.
Haven't gotten them yet.
Not there yet.

Also, how does smithing work? I broke down a lot of common and lvl1 items and it just seems like I have an abundance of meh materials now. I've seen across discussions for this game that it's better to disassemble than offer, but I wanna get those offering Titles so I can reap the perks.

Any decent advice on this?

Low stance is necessary at times for an axe-hammer user.

I don't know what's worse, that post or the signature.

nb for offtopic

i found the warrior of the west nig harder than the red demon guy just because the dojo has terrain that can be used to your advantage.

its useful for the tea house.

Ii is the guy that convinced me to give hammers a go. I couldn't deal with him with swords and I couldn't stand toe to toe with spears but that swing the hammer around trick put him right on his ass.

N-eye-oh

仁王

my fight with him ended with me handcannoning him in the face as he Iai struck at me. I was out of heals and it was a gamble. NIGGA took 4000 damage cause it criticled his head.

How is this game for waifu's? Anything aside from that blacksmith girl? I'm getting the game tomorrow.

Knee-Oh.

SHAMFUR DISPRAY!

There are more then a few cuties and second boss is a monster girl.

Im a western barbarian, What can I say. I shoot the samurai in the face.

Ninja girl is a cutie. And William has a loli stand that he trying to get back from Shang "Orochimaru" Tsung.
Muneshigediggy's wife is pretty nice but that situation is pretty much a clusterfuck all the way around. There's also the Flying Bolt and Yuki-onna if you're into that sort of thing. One Eyed Imps if you like monster shota.

I started with Kusarigama and katana. Now i switched the katana for dual katanas because they stack poison buildup really good.

Ninja armor. Luckly for me, all the ninja stuff i found is at least blue, so that helps a lot.

Ninja build (Lightweight, using poison, fire and ninja tools, mostly relying in hit and run/harassing tactics against strong enemies)

I haven't gotten there yet.

Still not there yet.

At least you didn't start the battle off by shooting him in the face.

So how are these historic battle DLCs supposed to work anyway?
Are they gonna be like a separate SW-like game mode where you fight a shitload of enemies and the gameplay is basically nothing like the main game?

The idea of a SW game mode developed by Team Ninja is exciting to imagine tbh.
I like to see better than Koei being better than Koei.

1kat
Western warlord, disguised as a headband and the ambusher set. Looks pretty good.
Pretending i'm Raiden with Raiken and it's set. Mostly Heart, Spirit and magic for casting debuffs at bosses.
The lightning goys (Tachibana)
Twice

Warrior of the west* armor. I must be blind thinking it's 'western warlord'

>Accidentally trigger the large Umi Bozo fight
>kill the last one, then Get one shot geyser lasered by the large one out of nowhere
>turn around to see that it had opened it's mouth, looking like the barrel of a fucking laser gun

It was like a scene straight out of an anime. It took me a good moment to realize what just happened and laugh. Even so, I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far.

Those torches really do not help with the fight all that much, all it does is give you three guaranteed fire infusions per fight. But lighting your weapon on the torch locks you to a really long uninterruptible animation that lost me the fight once because the animation is longer than the boss' attack cues, just use talismans or amulets instead

Is THAT what they do? Well that was a long drawn out process for very little.
It's not a total loss since I had to hunt for kodama and loot anyway.

it also prevents the adds from spawning as long as the fires are lit

Are you sure? I know I've seen little blobs show up in that fight even when I stopped using the torches, maybe that's just for the second phase

it's because you used the fire before the start of the second phase, there are two rounds of adds

I use an axe and barely ever use low stance.

Do you exclusively use an axe or do you pair it with something else?

How in the hell do you forge divine weapons, is there an option I'm missing or something? All I see is the normal forge options

OK I just found out there is a Kodama Bowl head gear. How do you get it?

There's a sub-mission in the fourth area where you rescue a certain number of kodama

Just before you forge something, hit triangle and select how many divine shards you want to use.

What do I have to be hovering over the forge button or something?

We should set up a password for all of us to play on. Any ideas?

Jack0ff

No clue, but if anyone wants to farm the 280 twilight mission I'm down, fucker won't drop his hat

I take it there's a NG+ in this.

Yeah there is, it changes enemy spawns, and adds a new tier of item; Divine.

Neat.
That's more than Fromsoft has done with NG+

Did you get the game a week early or something? I've been playing pretty well nonstop all weekend and every evening since Tuesday and I'm still only at Lv 90 on NG

I'm only level 140 or something, mission level stops mattering.

Fags compare everything to DS. Honestly this game feels like a more difficult Devil may cry game than a DS game

Also I'm calling it now, Water Sword will be nerfed by the end of the week. I've been trying it out today and that shit is broken, enjoy it while you can.

Still a little higher than I would have expected but I guess that makes sense

Wouldn't Ninja Gaiden be the more direct comparison?

dont worry user, you will likely to get a better taste until its released to pc, so you dont actually have to play that shit

It's about in line with a lot of stuff. Dual swords are probably the weakest weapon, close competition with bow.

It looks a lot like the Reaper skill for Kusarigama but between the high damage, low stamina consumption, long range and low requirements of only having completed the novice tutorial, I haven't seen anything that even comes close for pure dps

Locks you in place, can't hit low. Pales in comparison to single kat's DPS once you unlock the mystics. I mean even standard high Kuri does more. Don't get me wrong, it's the best thing DS has, but that's just because DS is more mobility based than damage based. Especially once you get mystics, the DS' mystics are good, but they're not damage based so it really falls off as soon as you get them.

Sure it can, it can hit the undead that crawl on the ground

Couldn't say, I haven't unlocked them yet. At a glance the 1kat's mystics don't sound like anything special, you get a damage bonus for rear attacks with a lot of weapons and skills

It's 2.5x. It makes single kat the most damaging weapon in the game if the enemy has a lot of back time. Axe's make them do most if the enemy doesn't have a easy to hit back or turns a lot, Kuri's is meh, Spear's makes it combo for days, and DS is… you use less Ki when swinging.

Like just for comparison, Axe even with no points in corresponding stats, is pumping out about 10k a combo right now. 1Kat does about 15k. DS with points in corresponding stats is struggling with water sword to even get axe level, and has no movement with it's combo, if for whatever reason the boss decides to do a swipe, you get hit with water sword. Kuri is doing about 10-11k a combo and has better motion. Spear is doing about the same as DS, but I don't have to have the downside of being movement locked like with DS' water sword.

don't get me wrong, water sword is the best block breaker in the game, but it doesn't really have the follow up from a blockbreak that other weapons have.

I'm not getting you wrong, since I haven't spent all that much time with the spear or axe at all outside of the alpha, but have you considered the damage disparity is just because of your stats? I strongly doubt you could use all of these weapons to their fullest on a single character

I'm full skill, if anything DS should be doing the most. It just isn't that damaging of a weapon compared to the other options

please let the bombs fall. end this shit

i know that feel, ps4 piracy can't get here soon enough

As someone who is burnt out on souls games, should I buy this or Yakuza 0?

i'd get yakuza if it was me, since there's so much fucking content in those games it's totally insane. i've been hearing nothing but praise for 0

If you can legit only get one, get yakuza now and save up for this. Yakuza has A LOT of content, as much as I'm loving nioh.

Yakuza 0, without a doubt. It's an amazing game with a monstruous amount of content and if you're burnt out from Souls games you should try something different than Nioh, even tho it's more similar to Onimusha than Dark Souls

I noticed the Kappas are a hell of a lot slower than they were in the Beta. I think they are bigger too. Kind of disappointing because even though they were a pain in the ass, killing them felt satisfying.

There is a western warlord set, it's just a recolored plate mail set.

A friend of mine got the game, but claims it is too hard and that he can't get out of Tower, which is apparently the first stage. What practical advice should I give him when I see him tomorrow? I already told him to get good.
I wish I had a PS4

Tell him if you get hit and the enemy is about to hit you again, block it. You can't roll out of the combo. Heavy armor reduces Ki consumption when you block but also raises Ki consumption when you attack.

Tell him things get better after the tower when you gain the ability to Ki burst.

unrelated to topic, but mind giving me a quick rundown on what yakuza even is?

Each torch stops an add from spawning in both phases.

Brawler with Japanese Mafia and minigames, plus spin-off games set in Feudal Japan.

Does that always happen when you have the butterfly spirit equipped?

As much as I like the game it really does have a few problems. In my current playthrough the single best weapon I have is a kusarigama which cuts a massive amount of the ki I use when doing quick attacks in low stance… which makes them the single best attack option in every single situation, especially now that I have the spider guardian spirit and paralyse people in seconds.

I honestly think a bunch of those properties should be removed from the game, because they dumb the game down when they show up.

Dude the spider guardian sucks. What are you even doing?

I just beat the ice bitch. I cheesed it in the end, once she gets her near-insta-kill-charge-attack I just stay at max range to dodge the icicles, and when she inevitably falls a meter or two short of her charge I slap her a bit, then repeat.

I try to keep my gear

Yakuza 0

You wonder about the city, get into fights, play mini-games, clear sub-stories and progress with the story if you feel like it. Time stops between a chapter's story portions and you can use that to dawdle around as much as you like. In 0, you play as two characters and the story switches back and forth between them every 2 chapters.
The game's charm comes from how it balances serious crime drama, manime moments and some outright hilarious situations.
Also, Yakuza 0 might be the anti-[CURRENT YEAR]. Between all the manly shit, female NPCs modeled after porn stars, fighting a roid raging tranny, managing a night club, giving pep talk to a insecure dominatrix and being ravaged by cougars you meet at telephone clubs, this game pulls out all the stops.

I was going to get Nioh but postponed to finish Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2. I might get a GOTY edition of Nioh down the line.

He's actually overwhelmingly good. Massive boost to equipment drop rates and free paralysis on every single attack - which, combined with the number of hits you do with the kusarigama, lets you set enemies up for devastating combos. You bash people until they get stunned, then walk up to them and whip out the kusarigama skill that lets you do a huge number of slashes at super-close range that turn most enemies into confetti.

holy shit that sounds amazing, should i start with the first yakuza, or what?

nigga everything from the HUD to the game mechanics is the fucking same

not to mention the music.
The lack of synthwave kinda sucks though.

You lose a lot of damage from him because his paralysis overwrites all intrinsic elemental. Like the free combo and grapple is nice, but if you can do more with elemental effects or the enemy is really resistant to it, he falls off.
He's pretty solid against some enemies though.

Barely played it, honestly. Made it past the first proper boss in my first session and haven't gone back yet. Enjoyed what little time I've had with it, the only exception being the prologue in the tower which was absolute shit and served only to set the mood for the seemingly garbage story. It can't even be considered a tutorial considering the proper tutorial immediately follows it. Definitely doesn't leave a good first impression and I could totally see normalfags with low attention spans dropping the whole game over it.

GameFAQs is composed of nothing but shitty, reddit-tier trolls these days. I refuse to believe any real people browse that shithole anymore, it's just a few thousand people pretending to be retarded.

Gamefaqs thinks RE6 is the best in the series and that RE7 ruined everything by going first person. Those are the kind of simpletons over at Gamefags.

Most will say that playing them in release order is a must but gameplay-wise, the first 3 or so haven't aged all too well and 0 is a prequel so nothing wrong starting with it. There will be a few things that might go unnoticed if you are unfamiliar but if you play a side story where the NPC has a much more detailed model and the characters make some ominous observations, chances are it's someone from the previous game (for example, you meet the antagonist of the second game when he was a elementary school kid…that's almost adult-sized ). Also, the first game was remade for PS4 and it's being released in the West so you can play that next, especially since they added extra stuff to tie the story with Zero.
Also, even if you play out of order, you might happen to really like the game, feel invested in the characters and want to know more so that might be a incentive to try the others. Personally, the story in 0 made me really curious about the first game so I'm definitely getting Kiwami.

It's good but yeah, needed synthwave for more 80's feel.

torrent where?

I'm not talking about a free grapple, I'm talking about the guard + triangle skill (I think it's called 'Reaper') that lets you burn your entire ki bar in a flurry of rapid slashes. I can kill most oni or whatever the default red enemy is by triggering paralysis and then walking up and unloading on them.

Both is good.

It's barely similar, the closest direct comparison is the way gravesites work, even then it's slightly different

I only played 1 and liked it fine but never moved onto the rest because I guess I got distracted by something else. There's really no problem jumping into 0 as a prequel? It would give me another reason to use the PS4 besides just playing Bloodborne again

Is it just me or does that boss look incredibly easy?
The swings are super slow, and you get plenty of time to dodge her magic.

So does the PS4 finally have games?

Paralysis gives you a free grapple when they're sitting there stunned.

Hell yeah dude. Bloodborne, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0 and Nioh are all worth it. And there's more to come in the future, which is nice.

If you don't own a 3DS, the new Kingdom Hearts remake might also be good if that's your thing.

Can we all agree that Kelley is the eternal Jew?

I think the trickiest thing is keeping track of who's who but I wouldn't say that trickiness comes from not having played the prequels. So far, it's a separate story.

This game seems to have the most cheeseable bosses. I struggled with the bosses in the demos then saw people finding ways to keep them in borderline infinite stunlocks. Various ways at that, in Muneshige's case.

No problem at all unless you're super autistic about appreciating the characters fully. Majima's a lot more interesting if you're already familiar with his character. You'd definitely burn yourself out trying to play all of them in release order up to 0 though and it's kind of hard to justify playing the first one now when we know we're getting the remake very soon. It hasn't aged well and neither has 2, but the latter has so much more charm that I'd say it's worth a play at some point. If you're just looking for a fun game then feel free to hop right into 0, it won't hurt.

It's got a couple now, but it's still pretty starved of real exclusives. I'd say it's much more justifiable a purchase starting this year.

2017 is the 2009 of the ps4 lifecycle

I'm not autistic about that specifically. May as well try Yakuza 2 since I already have it downloaded but I'll put 0 on my radar, might pick it up this month or next depending on how the Automata release plays out

Depends on the degree to which you mean they're cheesable and how willing people are to push this game to its limit. I certainly doubt the same will apply to the dual matches with bosses on NG+. Personally I'd say the most difficult enemy or boss encounter I've had so far in the game is against the Flying Bolt and Raven Tengu at the end of the bathhouse sub-mission since they complement each others' weaknesses very thoroughly

When's that guy gonna just give it up?

He's officially producing his own TIHYDP videos now so I think we're beyond that point

Never, he'd rather die than actually work a day in his life. So he'll keep e-begging for as long as he can.

Why, though? I guarantee you'd be having way more fun taking advantage of the more unique aspects of the combat system than just playing it in a generic way

Mid stance with 1h katana has a parry so I rarely use something else, high is good for guard breaking and low is for when a boss is staggered/staggerable and you need dps. Mid is all around good. Just use what works for you.

I find that a lot of time I do switch stances but I rarely do it mid-fight, or mid-combo, which I feel is the "correct" way to play it.

Also, I am either doing blacksmithing wrong or everything I have sucks at the moment.

Are there any soft caps on stats by the way? Got 31 heart for Katanas right now, and most of my other points are in Body and Stamina.

Near as I can tell, it's very minimal. Even at 60 skill I still get 6 points in damage every 2 stat points on average

He's also playing/played Yakuza 0, funnily enough. I'll wait for the inevitable TIHYDPs. As I understand the situation he actually can't "give it up" short of just killing himself. His reputation is so fucking shot that even if he suddenly was willing to work again anything requiring any sort of background check isn't available to him. Literally the first thing they'll see when they look up Phil Burnell is his Encylopedia Dramatica page and no employer is going to know what the fuck Encyclopedia Dramatica is so they're likely to take it at face-value. He's so deep in the hole and has such a terrible reputation that he's thoroughly fucked no matter what he does, Patreon is his life support.

Probably, since the button for Ki Pulse is the same button used to switch stances and weapons, they'd want you to consider doing it between every move. A 2kat skill also gives you a bonus attack if you switch weapons in flux and I think there's another that gives you a damage bonus if you switch stances in flux

So far it doesn't seem like any enemy besides the larger yokai have health pools large enough that you'd really have time to consider stance-switching mid combo

Sloth Talisman was used. Slows down enemies by a lot. Works on bosses.

What doesn't work on bosses?

I dunno, mein Führer. This guy just ploughs from them.

*through them

Ditto with the Oda couple.

Holy shit
Didn't even know he was in the game.
Thought he was dead.

huh guess that's why 90% of shitters I see have suzaku equipped.

he is that's a ghost.

He looks exactly like he does in Samurai Warriors just with white hair.
Nioh is almost like a sequel to the whole SW series, based on where it is in japanese history.

Depends on how you built your character, I don't think most people here dumped 70 points into Spirit to make it through everything with Living Weapons, and Tadakatsu's piss-easy compared to Muneshige. I was pretty sure I saw mention of a Muneshige & Muneshige fight but I guess I was mistaken

I want this game, but:
What do I do, lads? Are there used copies floating around already?

How fucking big was Tadakatsu in real life? He couldnt have been a manlet, even by west standards. Dude is always made out to be a total giant or even a mech, in Capcom's case.

No idea, maybe the deer antlers made him seem taller than he really was. In Nioh he's at least two feet taller than William

Shit, Bill's already 6 ft something.

I wish you could defeat them by bowing.

Can confirm it does kill them all when you light all 3 torches, making it an easier fight. Took a couple tries still since he hits like a freight train (though it could've been due to me wearing light armor as well), but I managed to beat him and get a really good 2kat. After beating him, I got the chance to do the adept test for warrior. Wasn't as bad as the muneshige fight, but it got a bit annoying at times. now I got the teacher's gear and it looks really good actually.

I was an inch away from beating Red Demon and then he hits me through my dual sword mid stance block-poke. Faggot.

Oh well back to jolly cooperati– PSN is undergoing maintenance FUCK.

3kat when

Dang it, Trump

so tough i scared a wall off

That works on them?
I tried bowing and it got mad at me, so I just attack them now.

it seems to be random, sometimes there will be graves nearby showing you a wrong answer though

What does that mean?

gives you a hint of which gesture you should use

sometimes it will say "death by using a neutral gesture" or something like that.

Oh shit, that's neat.

I really wish I was stupid enough to have PS+ right now, I never got into the multiplayer of Souls but I feel like it would be a lot of fun to co-op and duel in this one

Is that applicable to static pre-planned revenants? I don't think I've ever seen one near a wall mimic with that kind of description

Any reason the game has "Gesture menu: Options button" stuck on my screen in The Demon of Mount Hiei?

Does it seem like the high level version of the same enemies have MORE attacks?
You think you got them figured out, and they pull something else out.

like the 2 sword ninja yokai

Isn't that the level where you meet your first tanuki mimic? Maybe it stays there until you make a gesture

They definitely have more attacks and I think they have slightly smarter AI too. Off the top of my head I know all variations of those horned oni get an overhead slam with a big old shockwave attached to it, I was very surprised the first time that one came out

i wanted to be a ninja cunt with katana/kusari/ninjutsu so my STR is trash

And the bird asses

just use one of those respec books

Make a new account and get the 2 week trial.

Nah I've seen a bunch of Tanukis already.

I never could beat him with dual sword, I had to go hammer time on him.

Ive been two afraid to try those. What do they do exactly?

We should get some of you guys together and play together under a password for co op. I would say use vidya as the password but are any of you willing to do this?

HOLYSHIT THIS IS FUN. Are there other version of weapons in the same weapon class that have different movesets?

bring you back down to level 1 and lets you re-level all of your points again

re-apply
not re-level as in fighting all dat shit again

No, but the movesets are pretty big.

I'm halfway through the burning village at the beginning, and have yet to encounter the first real boss. How big is this game? Is it longer than that boring shitfest that was Dank Memes Triple?

1) Find decent weapon you want to improve, preferably always use the highest rarity you can find, as they have more stat boost slots
2) Reforge shit stat boosts into good ones. Ki damage boosts and skill damage boosts work wonders, generic damage boosts good too.
3) Use whetstones or kill things with the weapon to max out familiarity, giving you boosts to base damage and boosts to the stat boosts you reforged.
4) Use soul matching only once or twice and for large level increases. Wasting them on small increases only drives the cost of it up to obscene levels too quickly.

You can trade Glory for random weapons at the hidden teahouse, or you can craft specific weapons with random rarity and stats via the blacksmith. Using higher quality materials increases the odds of getting rare weapons out of crafting. The crafting system will automatically use the highest available materials you have, but you can also tell it to use lower quality stuff if you want. You can make higher quality materials from lower quality ones in the "tools" section - poorly named if you ask me but there it is.

I just crafted a weapon using all but one item as highest quality. Got a white weapon. This is why I don't gamble.

Five regions, a few boss fights per region, a bunch of side missions alongside those, plus nightly random twilight missions you may or may not be able to play.

Easiest method I have found for dealing with those fuckers.

Dark Souls 3 wasnt that bad.
doesnt matter though, looks like Team Ninja and Koei decided to put the nail in Fromsoft's coffin after miyazaki said he wasnt making any more souls games.

No. You need to do a gesture of the same color of his eyes. If his eyes are red, use a red colored gesture and he will fuck off

I suggested Holla Forums as the password earlier, no one has taken up the offer so far.

I've never seen a wall demon that has eyes colored anything but red.

The walls have eyes of different colors. I've checked a stream and i saw one with blue eyes and the streamer did a blue gesture. The wall left after that

As I've been posting, my guy was unbeknownst to me standing in front of a wall mimic the entire time. I finally noticed a minute ago. Sadly I am red green color blind so I failed the gesture and he attacked me. GG no re.

Having in mind he died 25 times to Tachibana and he raged like a sperglord against the Umibozu i bet he'll get even more pissed when elemental onis become the most common enemy

I'm amazed he beat him at all. I beat him in the beta, the demo, and in release, and total deaths for all three is probably 20 at most for me. 10 in beta, 6 in demo, 4 in release.

For me, it took me 8 times to defeat Tachibana and i mostly went for hit and run tactics on his ass (I also used poison).

It amazes me that it took him 25 tries, but let's remember it took him 67 tries to defeat Champion Gundyr

Shouldn't have sold my PS4.
Is it still worth getting one?
The Pro is only marginally better, if at all, right?
Should I get a slim?

Nioh on PS4 runs at 60fps with variable resolution. On PS4 Pro it runs on 1080p 60fps.

neat

I just got it. It has some pretty good abilities too.
Is still don't have a clue what the green kodama bowls do though.

That use gesture message glitch stayed with me all night, I kind of forgot it was there until I got summoned by someone and when we used a two-person door mechanism his door refused to open. At that point I restarted the game and the glitch is gone. Weird as hell.

Anyone fight those giant turds yet?

"Wow, can you like really? Like, he can't even relate to his own countrymen after being like completely steeped in the culture of another nation after being stranded in it and attaining one of the highest honors like being a samurai? What a race traitor, just wait until the guys on Holla Forums hear about this!"

Go eat a dick, faggot.

which ones? because the answer is yes

The inhabited bowl will give you kodama sense on the level you are on.

What's the best way to get purple level gear?

Oh. That's… sort of underwhelming.

the brown crinkly ones that show up in the sewers. they hit you with a stink status effect that makes Bill stop to throw up randomly when it's applied.

it's not random, he throws up if you try to eat a elixir. It also halves healing.

that's fucking hilarious

I never used them, but that's what I as told before. They may even be bugged and do nothing.

meh
1kat reigns supreme

I wish I knew this sooner. I liked the soul matching system earlier because I could use it to keep leveling up the armour I liked but now it costs me all of my gold just to soul match a single item.

How do you get certain gear in high rarity? It's easy enough to get stuff like UMWotW and Red Demon in purple from revanants because everyone is wearing it. And most other gear can be forged with a little luck.
But how do you get things like onmyo mage gear and yambushi gear in purple? Novelty masks and headgear too? I can't forge them. Almost no one wears them. What am I missing?

Oh really? I guess I'm almost done then, I'm at the fifth region and I've done one or two main missions there. I wish they had pulled off the warzone level a little better

I'm guessing certain equipment drops from specific enemies. Killing Giant Toad in that sub-mission that I forget the name of can give you the Kingo's armor set for example. For now, you just have to take notes of every drop because there's little information available.

There's six regions, actually.

It looks like there's enough space for 7 or 8 regions.

Does dying have any affect? I rarely die in this game but I just wanted to know since I feel a bit weaker might just be placebo

buy that season pass, goy

I might.
Don't tempt me.

when you die your guardian spirit "protects" your corpse, so you lose out on its effects.

Most of that equipment drops as yellow or blue. How do you get purple?

luck m8, you ever play a diablo clone before? I've gotten purple kingo pieces off the giant toad.

You will also lose both the amrita at the gravesite and the amrita you currently have on you if you die while your guardian spirit is protecting your grave. You can also just choose to call back your guardian spirit through the shrine menu if you don't want to bother going back to pick up whatever amrita you had at the time

Nigga don't

I see hundreds of hours of content and replay value in the base game alone, there's no reason to throw more money at it yet

Also if you have a summoners candle you can call back your GS from anywhere and still preserve your amaretto.

So how different is the game from your expectations?
Is it lewd?

there are a few pairs of big fat demon tats but the game is pretty far from being lewd

I think thus far the Bathhouse was my favorite level.

It's better than I expected, and I expected it to be good
I would hold hands with Okatsu

I'd have to give it either to the ship graveyard, the spider mansion, or the thunderstorm ninja outpost, personally

I am not good with names

Once you clear NG and get NG+ you start getting crazy amounts of amrita too. I look down to see millions of amrita I didn't realize I had regularly. For example I noticed that just stopping by a new shrine in the NG+ version of I think "the source of evil" mission where you fight the giant skeleton gave me over 250k.

Kurisagama is fucking broken as hell strong.
>Reaper is amazing: causes a great amount of ki damage for the amount it uses you can easily drain a bosses entire ki bar before you even need to rest, does high damage, and is pretty good for hitting oni heads.
>That damn rolling skill I forget the name, but it does 3 hits is insane: instant startup, good blocking pressure, good crowd control, good damage, low ending lag, low stamina cast. If I could only use one skill I'd want it to be this one.
>Best skills for the kuri, reaper and the rolling skill, can be slotted onto any stance and share different inputs. You can should slot both onto mid stance so you can use them in conjunction with living weapon. if you use: suzaku's (for high might and A+ recovery) living weapon, extraction talismans, and reaper, then you don't even need to try dodging anymore. You recover so much of your amrita gauge that you can just face tank through even umibozu's laser beams.
>Can combo a pull both the mid/low and the high into the leg sweep in high stance giving you guaranteed easy final blows on anyone the sweep works on.
>The spinning move I think you slot it to either low or mid, and it takes the place of guard plus light attack makes you ignore all knockback and hits a huge area around you. I think it's the best crowd control skill in the game. It really shines with living weapon and extraction talis so you can make use of high health and the effective healing on hit the extractions give.
I think the only real drawbacks to the kuri is its lack of a move that hits really strongly one time for slimes, and the parry option is kind of shit. A single katana secondary covers both of those needs really well.

Is Nue that tough?

I beat him my first try, so no.

I wouldn't say it's that tough. Compared to the beta, he's slower and hits considerably softer. I got him on my second try and he didn't gave me that much of a hassle, to be honest.

>"the source of evil" mission where you fight the giant skeleton
Speaking of which I just got to that part and holy damn that is some good shit, love that they pushed a quasi-Twilight Mission into the main campaign

Not if you know how to use ki pulse to purify

I am pretty sure he has a bigger health pool in the final game than he did in the demo

Definetly. Bosses got beefed up in terms of health and damage absorption, but in speed and damage they got nerfed.

Interesting choice, to say the truth

I FIGURED OUT PERMANENT LIVING WEAPON
The Tenacity trait of your spirit is how much they improve when you're at critical health. When you're at critical health you trigger (critical) special effects. By stacking critical special effects for close combat Ki reduction, damage, amrita gain and others you can go through entire levels with one living weapon. I just went through "Deep in the Shadows) with one proc of Kato

Do we got samurai memes?

Could you go into more detail? I thought the +Spirit traits of the guardians were static, that "stacking" description makes it sound like something that can be customized

The effects of the spirits are static, but they improve by a factor of their Tenacity when you're at Critical health (i think). What I meant by stacking, is that you can stack the (critical) special effects on your gear to compliment this. I use Kato as he has High Recovery, High Tenacity, and High Attack Modifier. I go into a mission, farm the living weapon and plan a route, then rest at the shrine. After resting I approach the first group of enemies and let them get me to critical HP (when it's blinking red). Once I'm critical I start Living weapon and rushing through the level killing everything. I'm able to get through hole levels like this because the stacked Ki Reductions at Critical on my Sword mean that swinging costs me nothing. Pair this with the High Recover of Kato and the the Amrita gain special effects on my armor, almost every kill refills the bar completely.

give me a bit and I'll stream on Twitch plz no bully so if you want to ask me anything I'll be able to show you in virtually real time.

nice

"Perma Living Weapon Build" under Nioh is the Stream on Twitch.
not gonna link cause that's asking for trouble

I'll come watch in a bit if you're still streaming, want to finish this level first

Ok, it'll be a sec before I start. Got to go to the bathroom and such

That's amazing. I might have to make my jolly co-op build do that.

Yes, I've been sinking way too much time into it.
I always have a Katana and Spear equipped. But I barely ever touch the spear, I like the sword.
Right now I'm using the Red Oni top, helmet and gloves and then Foreigner bottom and shoes
Light armor, Katana, and focus on Heart with some evenly spread points in the other stats sans Magic and Dex
The one that gave me the Evasion damage
Killed her on the 3rd or 4th try.

Does Spirit Stone Slumbers have two potential final bosses? I know I didn't fight Muneshige as the boss at the end of that mission, he was the boss of a sub-mission on the same map

Muneshige is the boss of both

Ryuzoji says it boosts axe damage but if you select it it says kusarigama WHICH IS IT?

Well, I've finally finished the game with only a couple of sub-missions left to do, and I still don't know exactly how you're meant to unlock new stuff. I'm mostly looking to get new armor, but maybe some sets aren't even supposed to show up? Take the Warrior of the West set for example, I've beaten Muneshige ages ago, and his set (including the sword and bow) is still not available to forge (but is available in Refashion).

My issue is that I just don't know what new stuff I should expect, and when I should expect it, if at all. This is one of the things that's been bothering me the most about this game, weirdly enough.

You unlock the ability to forge some sets in NG+ too.

You have to get a smiting text drop off of him I think. I got his sword smiting text when I fought him

After I kept hearing folks everywhere complain about Ice bitch, I was ready to get my ass handed to me. I beat her on my first try: I would've got her on my 2nd, but I got greedy.

How is she supposed to be hard, again? She's so fucking easy to bait.

Typo?

The one thing that's pissing me off at the moment is that some moves are just completely unsafe to use most of the time especially against those tongue Yokai's and tengu birds. Due to this plus the insane amount of health enemies and bosses have I just end up spamming high stance triangle with the katana. Combos only really work against standard Yokai and standard human enemies. It's great baiting ninjas to attack then get them with mid stance kick to drain their stamina and stab them with a critical.

Also ice lady boss is a piece of piss to beat once you know the patterns. When she's on second phase just keep a good distance so her fast thrust doesn't catch you but you're still in range to hit her (because this actually ends up being her weakness) and when she fires tonnes of those ice spikes just walk sideways and you will avoid every one.

You have to play pretty reactively against her. My build when I first fought her was focusing on depleting Ki with a Katana and then using Water Sword to shred them to pieces. This is pretty much a universally successful way to play except against the Yuki Onna. Unlike other enemies that stop attacking for a moment when they deplete their stamina, the Yuki Onna starts swinger her halberd. This happens incredibly fast too. I couldn't even tell what was killing me. The first time I stopped trying to just deplete her stamina and go in for the kill, I beat her. I don't think she's REALLY hard, but she's definitely difficult and certain playstyles will REALLY have a hard time with her.

Teleporting insta-death stabs and a lot of area of denial she uses to prevent you from getting too close.

Yeah, meant third.

Her grab isn't instakill, I could just barely tank 2 and survive. I don't grind levels or armor either.

No anus is safe

You make it sound so easy when:-

Can only carry ten salts.
Only works close range.
Only drains a portion of their health usually meaning three are needed.
Yokai can regenerate their poise bar fairly quickley.
There tends to be more Yokai than human enemies in the levels and in most cases are a lot of them in total.

In conclusion salt is just not useful as a tactic.

I bet you wear heavy armor.

Also insta-kill doesn't mean I had 100% HP when it happened.

If one doesnt do the trick, start kicking. You don't need more.
What are you, some kind of pussy?
You are not throwing salt to drain fucking health. It's for Ki only.
Only if you let them stand in Yokai Realm, and if you are doing that then you have failed. Ki burst son. Ki burst.
Anything that is a skeleton or zombie whatever the fuck they are can be kicked out of Ki in a heartbeat, no salt needed. The horned demons can be smacked in the face for instant Ki drain, no salt needed. What I'm really saying here is that salt is for fire wheel fuckers anything larger.
In conclusion you need to git gud.

I actually got that when I was farming divine gear from him last night.

How do you actually forge divine equipment, though? I've exhausted all dialogue with the blacksmiths, I've answered yes to Muramasa's questions, got all Magatamas for Senji and still nothing. Do I need to complete a specific mission, do more requests or something?

Nevermind, you just have to press triangle when selecting Forge to switch to divine.

So what's the advantage of spears in this game? I've been using the Katana and Spear but I find myself nearly always prefering the katana most of the time, I'm not sure I even want to keep leveling up body for the spear anymore.

Not really, I died a lot to him at first but that was mostly just because it took me a few deathes before I realized to stay the fuck away from him when his stamina is depleted. He recovers it with a lightning attack that can one shot you pretty easily so as long as you don't stay near him when he is out of stamina then you should be fine.

I want to do multiple runs through this game, each focusing on a different weapon class. Is there any reason to spread my stats instead of just focusing say, heart for my entire first run?

Considering you can respec and replay missions, do whatever your heart desires

I heard respeccing uses an item. Is the item reasonable to obtain, and do I have regain all the amrita, or can I just reassign the stats?

The item costs 10k on the first buy from the blacksmith and 30k on the next one. I haven't bought the 30k one yet to see what the next price is. You can also get them as mission rewards I believe. I'm not sure where else they can be obtained beyond that. And you get all the amrita and skill points back.

Does anybody know if prestige ranking constantly goes up or do the bonuses max out at a certain point?

It's 10k -> 30k -> 75k -> then caps at 100k per respec book if i remember right.

I just found an item that gives
85 FUCKING LUCK OVER 25% ITEM DROP RATE
while you're in living weapon though
Good thing I'm always in living weapon

Pardon me, it was over 25% EQUIPMENT drop rate

i only skimmed the thread, so my bad if i missed it. what's teh deal with the elements, obviously fire beats ice, but ice is classified as water in this so it beats fire back equally? and what are lightning/earth strong/weak against?

I know Umi-bozu water boss is immune to paralyze from lightning attacks.

So far, i've tested some elements (Earth, lightning and fire) and these are the results:

I will need further testing with more elements. I'll try fighting Onyudos, since they always are element based enemies.

umi-bozu is weak to fire for some reason, since they give you the bonfires on the fight to teach you that

also i see luck stats on items, but also item drop rates, is there a difference?

my main complain from the demos remains the same, too much time in menus checking numbers

Luck affects the quality of the items you find. The more luck you have, the more chances you get of finding better stuff

Actually, I've got super light armor. Under 30% load.

Git gud, fag.

thanks for clearing that up, m8

Yeah I thought writing that would be stating the obvious.

I know that Nue is immune to Lightning damage but not totally immune to paralyze status effect.

Don't mention it. It can be quite confusing since i guess most of us are used to luck how it is put in Dark Souls 3. But it's totally different from Drop Rate and it doesn't improve it at all, but increases the quality of your loot.

Why did you change IDs?

On phone, out and about.

Is your armor level 70? Mine's only 45. Been meaning to upgrade.

best girl.

I think it was around 50 when I did that mission, maybe a little higher.

oh man, what a laugh, although i kinda prefer being no-helmet

man i just beat white tiger (first try nigga) but some of this menu surfing is still stumping me, so i was messing with the forges and soul matched a sword that now gives me B- agility bonus damage, since i wear light armor this sounds great but the damage reads 380~ and my current weapons read 410~ both max familiarity through whetstone

so what i'm trying to figure out is that agility bonus actually shown in the damage meter or do i have to go whack some guys with it to see what the actual output is

I know that familiarity is updated on the tooltip but I am not sure about the agilty bonus. What you should do is go put a level point into agility and see if the tooltip changes.

So, weapons never break, they only get stronger?

Yeah there is no durability

also new thread

You can wear a helmet but visually turn it off in the settings.

The game won't tell you a number for the damage increase. I recently got the same bonus on my 2kat and my Agility is B rank (bottom left of character screen).

I smacked some enemies with it to see the damage it did, then smacked the same enemies with another 2kat that had higher base damage but no Agility bonus, and the Agility bonus 2kat did more.