Minecraft

so im bored as fuck and want to play this. what world options should i use. also playing on hardcore.

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraftforge.net/forum/topic/41802-189-minecolonies-start-your-own-minecolony-now/
notch.tumblr.com/archive
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wrong website buddy

you should play on the seed kill yourself faggot

I think you mean mods

for free

Superflat, and learn Redstone. It's the best part of Minecraft, outside griefing people.

Minetest's worldgen is way ahead of Minecraft, and the worlds are as tall as they are broad. It might have less features but it has it's advantages.

So what've you built in either game that's as high as Minecraft's height limit?

I built a sky tower system in one of my worlds on minecraft. It had massive bridges between them, and it had to be shorter than the sky limit. I didn't plan for a sky limit because at the time I didn't know it was there, so they were less grand than I was hoping.

But that aside, why on earth would you try to defend a limit on creativity in a sandbox game? A higher sky limit is absolutely a positive in a game about building.

I like making sky fortresses and cities. In Minecraft you can see them from the ground, because they're within drawing range. Minetest's higher limit means you can have giant sky bases without some kid griefing it.
I tend to stick to underwater bases in Minecraft, because the bucket is easy to exploit to breathe forever.

If you use the seed "Eden" you will start directly inside a village.

built this on the majorgaming minecraft server
the pyramid reached the old 128 height limit, where the top was 7x7 or 9x9
although the glass and glowstone was spawned in via give command but I originally built the pyramid entirely out of cobblestone dug out from an underground base but it got so fucking dark inside that I decided to add stripes of glass and for some reason one of the admins was impressed by the size or some shit that they decided to give me enough glass and glowstone to finish the whole thing
before that though I had tunneled to a desert to pillage all the sand there, after ransacking most of the nearby beaches around the underground base
had enough cobble to build the sphere after the pyramid was done and I think the plan was to use it as a spleef and PvP arena, but I think the server shit the bed or map got corrupted before it was done

Minetest is a pile of shit, fuck off

Why?

Turn it into Factorio with any FTB modpack.
Even better on hardcore because you will actually care to build some defenses. Porting world also stops being a problem because you will die by then.

Feels, looks like shit. Minecraft is better.

Minetest has no soul

Minecraft is polished, has a much bigger player base and modding community. It has many gameplay components that make it an actual game. But CIA niggers can see my sand castle.

Minetest is a soulless barebones block programming-exercise game engine with an empty default building gamemode. There are no additional gameplay elements besides that, you need mods for everything else. The mods are scarce and rarely good. The engine runs better and offers a bigger world. Online cheat prevention is non-existent. I don't go online because of CIA niggers.

But Minetest is free, and I'd rather eat shit that respects my freedom to eat shit than pay for software. I don't like games anyway. Take that, fucking CIA niggers.

Pirated copies exist. Notch himself said he's fine with piracy.

Minecraft is now owned by Microsoft but fuck those niggers.

You mean turn it into pseudo-creative mode where you you need to plop down a couple special furnaces and 12 wires and it'll do everything automatically.

get version 1.7.10, it's most compatible with mods.

Why? You are not explaining why, explain yourself.

this, FTB modpacks just have everything thrown into it so players have OPTIONS, but because of how many fucking options there are, players just go with whatever option is cheaper or easier to obtain. Then there's the problem of nothing meshing despite "compatibility" between mods so you end up with this complete disjointed experience.
Most problems stem from one mod trying to out-do another mod so players will prefer to have it in their modpacks, like thermal expansion, that fucking mod ended up trying to do EVERYTHING other mods did:
like the dev was hellbent on making every magic and tech mod obsolete
the only way to get a decent experience is by using minetweaker to completely remove features and change every recipe with autistic determination
draconic evolution was another one, that immediately made every other tech/magic mod moot, because in a day you can have indestructible armor that ran on nigh-infinite batteries and a tool that could dig a 9x9 area with hotswappable enchants and garbage filter, a multiblock energy storage that holds like a trillion RF, advance mob spawners that ignore all spawning rules, and a storage chest that holds more than a double chest capacity's worth that autosmelts contained items in it's 5 internal furnace slots and runs off an internal RF charge

Autism.

Speaking of mod spawners, reminds me of the time i fucked up a server by a using a trillion different mods to infinitely spawn stuff. The owner wasn't smart or versed in the mods enough to manage to fix it so he just deleted the 5 years old world of a 300-player server togheter with everyone's items.

Who was around Holla Forums when it came out, pre-Survival Test/Indev? Shit seemed crazy when before you were just floating around with different colored blocks to build with. Was interesting to see the autism develop over time.

I was but I didn't visit the threads. I kind of regret it.
Has notch always been a faggot? monica best girl

Notch redeemed himself tbh. He was always on the kikey side though.

Hell I remember when everyone had to download the worldofminecraft client to have in-game flight on those servers.
I think I was even in the thread where notch asked if everyone would pay $5 for the alpha build so he would have more time to work on the game.

Notch was alright until he started getting money, then he went full jew and was on vacation more often than not. He would have a secret update every friday, and when the money came rolling in, the secret update became every other friday, then once a month, then never again.
Then when Holla Forums bitched about him being on vacation so much, he went "I don't have to put up with this shit" and moved right to reddit. Eventually he had so much cash rolling in that he didn't have to work at all and registered his own company and hired his deadbeat friends to be his developers, but notch's code was such a tangled web that nobody could figure out how to add anything without breaking everything else in the process, so despite having several people working for him, nothing ever got added except maybe some bug fixes and cosmetic shit, they couldn't even figure out how to use meta data to save on block or item ids, so every color wool took up a block id instead of being id:0, id:1, id:2… and each potion took up an id instead of being slowness:0-slowness:2, strength:0-strength:2, etc
and the ONE TIME that they tried to rewrite the lighting engine so that light could be dynamic (no more bleed through block corners, directional lights, and possibly even colored lights which would have been fantastic with shaders and stained glass) they had to completely revert back to the old lighting engine because of how the new one fucked up the nether
what really substantial things have they added since 1.4.7?
and a partridge in a pear tree

I recall flying around, building dorfs and shit until the entire map was filled and the map was wiped. Utterly bizarre stuff was built.

I honestly kind of miss the old water physics.

I personally always waste 40h on it trying to create giant machine that can create everything in the game.
Ore processing and mining is like 10% of it.

Yeah I am not going to lie lack of any but tech mods from current modpacks and power spike from Draconic evolution are just awful.
I mean at least there still are some like Psi but it goes useless after 10h because you already own Draconic stuff.
It also makes any dungeon mod useless. Draconic armor was designed to fight Chaos Guardian and against him it is fine. Problem is Chaos guardian is 100 times stronger than any other boss in the game.

oldish but still relevant

my complaints still hold

Never forget FLAOT.

Same with almost every other feature. Added and dropped. Minecraft is just a pile of half-assed bits and bops.

It was cool partially because it appeared to be a novel concept (let's face it - only hardcore autists even know let alone have played Wurm), and partially because it was an ideal sandbox - with enough freedom to do various shenanigans, but also simplistic enough to let you do shit without a degree in applied physics like you need it for more advanced mechanical stuff in Gary's Mod

Reminds me of a mod I just saw, that adds hundreds of custom biomes and structures to the vanilla game. I watched a preview video on it, and I was really excited for a moment.

Then I remembered that there is absolutely nothing to DO in Minecraft, let alone something that gives you a strong impetuous to wander about and explore your surroundings. Its only real purpose is a building game, and actually collecting building materials is meaningless tedium. I got bored with survival mode after a few dozen hours.

Now imagine you could actually do something with the villages, control villagers, assign jobs, build up workshops, equip armies, declare war on other villages, withstand zombie sieges and repel nether invasions.

It would become a first person city builder where you can define by the block how your cities should look like.

But that would require actual work, so you won't ever see that happen.

Did anyone play on 2b2t? I remember it being kind of popular on 4chan Holla Forums in 2010, and it was pretty fun to play on. A friend and I managed to get up to diamond armour and equipment before we got killed and gave up.

If you're not playing with Terrafirma you're a fag.

Yeah I love holding the mouse button for 8 hours just to chop down a tree and play some stupid minigame 60 times every time I want to craft something from metal.

The only other worthwhile mod is Matter Overdrive and it seems to be dead. Truth is minecraft modding in general is dead.

Me and a friend have been playing InfiTech 2 gregtech autism ahoy for a couple of weeks now and currently stuck on trying getting aluminum. No bauxite spawn for several dozen chunks radius of our base so far. Feels like we will be in space age sometime next year or so at the pace we're progressing.

I just wish there was a less tedious version of TFC. I don't mind difficulty or complexity, but stuff like making block breaking take forever and smithing such a tedious grind is just pointless waste of time.

It's only ever turbo autism or babbyshit with Minecraft.

It's a shame ICBM never updated. I loved using creative to test all the cool missiles and stuff. I used to play it along with Flans and other stuff in a server set in a modern war torn city with factions and different monsters

Why don't you guys play a real sandbox adventure survival game instead?

Pic related is Colobot.

Time to get out of the genepool.

This is another issue, genuinely good mods end up either "balancing" shit to gregtech tier autism, or end up never updating past a certain version.
1.6.4 had a shit load of mods that were all amazing, 1.4.7 too had tons of great mods, but 1.4.7 started the whole "muh balance" shit, so thaumcraft kept reinventing it's own wheel, ic2 started becoming more like gregtech which forced gregtech to get more autistic than ic2 to where the last I saw the official gregtech it was being completely rewritten from the ground up and had NOTHING implemented beyond a hundred fucking block variants
extra utilities got super retarded with nerfing it's own watering can because of machines from other mods being able to automate it, and last I saw the dev added a new fucking power system because surely nobody will install another mod that adds power generation
ICBM, MFFS, and Voltz are all fucking dead or updated to non-functionality
Mystcraft made instability inherent to all created dimensions
there was a half-decent looking mod that added conveyors and assembly lines that weren't just "item gets sucked into a block and shits out a crafted item", but that hasn't been updated for ages after it was initially ported
even minefactory conveyor belts don't work properly, items get stuck traveling uphill in two different directions but the developer claims it's "minecraft's fault because of collision detection!"
I want to build some decent factories and I can't because either nothing works as intended or whatever I'll try to use wont work as good as something from another mod. It's completely infuriating.

That's why I liked Matter Overdrive. It was simple enough, competent and with good grafix. It was supposed to have other planets, spaceships and stuff like that eventually but I'm almost certain it is dead by now. ;-;

hardcore? i dont really suggest playing minecraft for the challenge.
youre going to build something and get attached to it, then youll get bummed out when you die because youre bored and careless.

get some mods that let you do something creative and silly instead.

anyone else hyped for new blocks in 1.12?

terracotta patterns

i dont know if hyped is the right word for it since im not playing a version without mods i want, but i think they look nice.

The thing about modded minecraft is you need to build your own modpack. If you use TE, ic2, BC or any of those pocket lint mods you've only got yourself to blame. Try building a reactorcraft fusion reactor with nothing but reikas mods. Try thaumcraft with no industrial mods (maybe some plugins). I used to run modpacks bigger than ftb with my friends, but after inflating the modcount and deflating the difficulty, we decided to cull the list. It's a much nicer experience.

heck off we all know Rachel is cutest

You seem to be lost, Here, let me guide you back home.
>>>/reddit/

Set it to version 1.7 because the update after that killed the game.

I'd like to add Little Maids to that list because it's adorable and Bibliocraft for decoration things. Maybe Better Dungeons too.

best fuck is Phoebe

Samefagging won't bring you an argument to use.

Minecraft was made by autists for autists. If you are not autistic, no amount of options will help you.

Sounds like you're describing 3D Terraria.

bless you FLAOT user

The only good things to come out of minecraft are pictures of cute animu girls doing minecraft things and the hope that someday someone will actually make a "like minecraft, but good" game that will see the potential of the idea fully realized.

is it really you?

Look, OP.
Remember, that
Minecraft is the stabilizer. The purpose of the minecraft psyop is to AstroTurf the comprehension and spatial perception of the player. You are a black person in a block world pov. You begin to see things as cubits of proportion. Your memory is spacial. Ask Cicero. Minecraft is used to neuter the creative potential in humans. This is by reducing the perspective to primitive blocks.data-grams that correspond to the cookie cutter cosmology of popular culture.
it is supposed to be like a humble geeky escape. The real social manipulation is being utilized with mandatory memetics. Minecraft is a psyop only if it is a social hierarchy. the leaders of the minecraft thought-form are abstractions. They keep their followers chasing their carrot of lolsorandumb funny abstract videos that is the opposite effect of adapting to the game itself. You are not suppose to understand this though you do naturally. Minecraft is Masonic boyfucking blotting out of creativity.

The version you need is 1.10.2, 1.7 is already outdated mod wise.

Vital mods are:
-Better Combat Mod: Makes dual wielding an actual thing instead of just adding shields. Also tweaks crit mechanics and other cool stuff like that.
-Chisel and Bits: You can chisel out small pieces of the blocks and use them to build more detailed stuff. great for building furniture and decorations.
-Dynamic Surroundings: ambient sounds and effects such footsteps and steam coming out of hot water, etc. Add the Sound Physics mod for even better ambience.
-Grimoire of Gaia: Monstergirls, user, monstergirls. They're at their best on hard game dificulty with tipped arrows, and debuffing the player on several occasions. Just set the spawn rate of them all for 1/4 and the daylight ones a nuber lower, otherwise they're more common than the weaker vanilla mobs and will be very annoying.
-Inventory Tweaks: Stuff like inventory sorting and shortcuts.
-Just enough items/resources: great for checking recipes for all available items, including modded ones.
-More Player Models: With this you can use custom skins even while pirating, mess with your proportions, add faggy furry shit to your character or even play as a mob.
-Precise Time: the vanilla day night cycle is only 20 minutes long, 10 minutes day and 10 minutes night, that is way to little time to do your stuff. If you're a dude that likes to chill and don't rush to do your building and exploring, use this to enlarge the daytime and maybe even keep the nighttime the way it is. Don't worry, Gaia mobs will keep you busy in daytime too, just not as much as a hunred zombies and skeletons.
-MultiMine: Makes so that the blobk doesnt instantly regenerate if you stop mining it. Very useful.
-Optifine: A real must have, improves performance and lets you tweak lots of visual shit.
-RTG: I also can't play without this, makes the world gen beautiful without adding any sort of block or biome, just make the existing ones look better.
-Sleeping Bag: Lets you sleep on the go without changing your spawn point, great for explorers.
-Souls: When you die, a semi strong monster will spawn holding you shit, you have to kill him to get it back. Way better than scattering your shit around, this dude can only die to you or of course fall into the void.
-Torchmaster: adds a super torch, that is a little bit hard to make, but guarantees that no mob spawns in certain distance around it.

Optional good stuff.
Infernal Mobs: Monster sometimes spawn with modifiers such as "fiery", "regenerating", "berserker", that actually affects them, very fun mod that makes enemies much more dynamic, but it isn't at all balanced.

Valkyrien Warfare: This mod alows you to add physics to almost any block structure. Set some stone blocks over the ground, use the block on to of them, and boom, it can fall, be pushed and push around and you can walk on top of it. This means that proper airships can be properly made now, with blocks working on them, mobs living there, and all that.

Event Tweaks: 1.9 broke the regeneration system, it wasn't good already, but now it not only only regens you if your hunger bar is maxed, it heals you almost instantly. It renders all other means of healing yourself useless.
As there's no mods right now for 1.10 properly fix this shit, I use this one as a fun alternative.
It makes so that collecting those small exp orbs heal you a tiny bit, so you can heal with those but it's quick and requires to either kill someone, or chill and mine some blocks or grill some meat, for instant heals you shuld use the vanilla health potions. Of course if you use this you should turn the "naturalRegeneration" gamerule off.
Or just use a mod that removes hunger entirely and just makes meat heal you, if that's what you prefer. There's like 3 mods that do only that.

Forgot to mention that Valkyrien Warfare isn't very stable tight now, with the risks of crashes and your shit going crazy or just disappearing. That's why it's optional.

I wanted to join tgcraft, but I couldn't find an easy pirate download with all the mods pre-installed.

minecraftforge.net/forum/topic/41802-189-minecolonies-start-your-own-minecolony-now/
like this?

The gateway to fapping to cubes.

I only play with villages disabled tbh.
You always end up living by them and getting loads of free shit if when you find one.
That and the villager AI is super crap, they die too easily and never respawn, it's a matter of time after you find a vanilla village until it turns into a ghost town full of free resources and pre-made shelter.

This colony stuff looks nice, though, I remember a similar mod called Millenaire but it had abysmal performance issues.
I'd rather still play "alone" with the only npcs beings the animals I find and the villagers I strive to "create" myself.

1.10+ sucks ass, there's nothing decent added to vanilla to warrant the update except "combat update" which personally I think is worse when mobs on a server will fucking pause as you take a swing, then fuck your face to death once the game catches up.
I tried with roguelike dungeons, and unless you could continuously back-up while attacking the mobs in front of you, you were fucked because rarely could a hit ever land on the fucks, and that's WITH waiting for the stamina to recharge. For all the fucks who bitched about combat being shit, they should have listened to the other fucks complaining about gregtech tedium because all the combat update did was add TEDIUM to combat.

All you have to do is pirate the game, and throw the mods on manually.
What mods do they use? I keep trying to make a decent rpg modpack but too much shit breaks the theme.

don't even get me started

there are things that just weren't meant to be

I wonder if collin ever got mail.

Seems to me like you're playing on a shitty server.
That and git gud, one of the most useful tools for combat is a water bucket, if you're cornered just splash the ground and watch even the fastest the enemies struggle to reach you, extra useful if you have the "water strider" boot enchantment then you're not as affected by the water as they are.
Pre 1.9 combat was way too boring, just spam click and you're untouchable, I've seen mods that remove the melee cooldown though.
But the combat still has a long way to go . Bettercombat mod makes it a little better but it's still very lacking, mostly because both player and monsters lack proper attack animations(or any action tied animation at all).

Was my own server, which I've tested multiple versions and modpacks on, and 1.10 fucking shits all over it.
I for one, have never cared about combat in minecraft because I've never considered that minecraft needed better combat, there are far more other features I felt should take precedent over combat, like more redstone activated devices, better mobs, better villagers, maybe something to actually strive for or something to validate exploration of the infinite world, maybe have shit in the world that interacts with the player for a change. Shields are nice, but there's already an addon for tinker's construct that adds shields in 1.7.10
and fuck the new brewing system, it was already tedious enough to brew a potion but to make it require fuel? fuck it
and what the fuck is the vanilla cauldron EVER GOING TO BE USED FOR?

two whole zones entirely pointless since the day they were introduced

you need the end to get an elytra, which will help you explore the vast, interesting world of minecraft, including the test template structure and underwater structure. actually, they only include those, plus the village. note how I say "the," for there is only one kind of village
still nothing underground but the incredibly basic mob dungeon (tiny room with a mob spawner placed in the center of it with a chance for up to two chests) and the cave generation that's been the same since beta

still no tutorial for a game about crafting. the achievements are underdeveloped and misguided. they somehow thought that it served as an acceptable excuse for a tutorial. it has not changed since its inception, aside from a few new achievements for the end

the entire point of the end was just an excuse to officially title the game as "finished." the "official release" was entirely arbitrary and was done purely for financial reasons. I will ignore the fact that the boss was picked because skyrim came out at the time. that's a whole other can of worms filled with arbitrary and thoughtless changes

if you want to feel the ultimate letdown, read through the archives of notch's blog for minecraft updates. go back to 2010 and compare the amount of updates from that year to the amount of updates for 2011. they get dramatically slower and there are substantially less changes as time goes on
notch.tumblr.com/archive

shit those were the days. i just destroyed block under others to piss them off.

One of two things needs to happen to make Minecraft great.

Either A) give enemies attack animations instead of contact damage, or B) stop gating everything behind combat.

Or C) give us reasonable combat options beyond "sword" and "bow". Axes are only good as an anti-shield weapon, which is an improvement, but potions are a waste of time because swords are much cheaper and can be created much faster and last much longer. There's no reason to use shields anyway because you can still be knocked off a cliff, they break faster than your armor will, and there's no way to counterattack effectively because ALL ATTACKS ARE ZERO-FRAME ATTACKS.

mystcraft is so fucking garbage. I have to switch to cheats to make any world worth using, otherwise you get nothing but ugly sky turd worlds that piss in your eyes to blind you. also the mystcraft villagers do pic related if you talk to them.

also i love immersive engineering and thaumcraft and can't be without them now.
also elytra are the best thing added to the game.

the autist salt over the patterns and slight color change is hilarious. yeah the patterns are a cool idea.

Holy autism, batman!

Elytra would be the best thing added to the game if it weren't gated behind a bossfight.

Ancient Warfare continues to be an underrated mod. Because "lol Thermal Expansion is easier".

I've tried ancient warfare on a server, and it kinda sucks. The npcs, even guards died to hordes of zombies like villagers.

Okay, yeah. The soldiers are kinda shit.
But the idea of having worker NPCs you can summon and give tools is a good one, and you can vastly improve the survival of your workers by BUILDING A WALL.

Yeah, I never understood giant autism projects. I can get obsessed with something, but only if it's the only possible way to accomplish it. Otherwise, my mind tends to look for the most efficient method (cutting the Gordian Knot, so to speak). I've seen people build fuckhuge charged creeper farms for getting mob heads. It just seems ridiculous when Creative Mode is a thing. I can carpet my entire fucking base with goddamn Creeper heads in the time it takes that other guy to merely build the farm's foundations, and he'll never have as many as me in a hundred years grinding through thunderstorms. I can understand taking time to do things if that's the point of the game, but the point of gathering mob heads is for DECORATION. Same with gathering ludicrous amounts of something to build, say, a giant pyramid, that would take long even in creative. Well, dude, there's this little thing I've heard of called MCEdit that can build that pyramid in a few seconds instead of a few DAYS. Same result, less time.

Watching someone hand-build something like this in Minecraft is like watching someone grind a sword with a fucking nail file. You admire his dedication and perseverance, but you recognize he's being a moron because there's a sanding belt RIGHT THERE! Yes, I watch too much Man At Arms; sue me.

I would only ever becoming this comfortable at wasting time if human immortality were unlocked.

Holla Forums modded server when?

what mods were you thinking about?

how to fix?

Stop playing mongolian bootleg games and get the actual game it's based on.

chimp

can someone please help me fix the problem i have?

Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz, 1993 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

im sorry. nice dub

You can't kill what never had a life, so you should be good in the regard.

Probably never because any time someone starts a server it ends up riddled with drama like AIDS, or a few people exploit broken shit that hasn't been removed or disabled.

Well it looks like you're running windows 10, so try removing that and see if it helps at all.

i am running 8.

I've never seen that issue before, and Google isn't helping.
I'd try resizing the window, or running the game in fullscreen mode. Just to see how it reacts.

"mods will fix it" at its very essence.

i mean, it really depends on what your goal is. do you just want to build penises and blow them up all day?

Lazy answer coming through because I'm on my phone.
You hosted a small hamachi based server to play with a few buds? If so thats your problem. Newer versions mase it impossible to open pirated local worlds to lan, thats what you need for small private servers. Luckily theres mods that allow serversettings on local worlds, letting you turn on the offline mode which allows pirated games to join your lan world.
For now the "exploitable" things are what make the combat enjoyable, carryng blocks to protect yourself or lava to deal with super strong foes is also recommended. Using cobble and sand to create airpockets inside ocean monuments is pretty fun.

i havent done underwater stuff in a long time, but one of my favorite tricks was to plant 2 sugarcane on top of eachother for an air pocket.
it might not work as well these days. i think there is less sand and more gravel and dirt in the ocean, and for all i know water knocks down sugarcane these days.
well i know signs still work.

that reminds me, another trick i thought was hilarious was carrying a sunflower and planting it down on top of myself to wait out a dangerous situation. it used to confuse monsters, but in later versions i think it was patched out.

Nope, rented server, so it's entirely inexcusable for the drop in performance. Not that performance has been at all decent for years now, before forge really took off and mojang merged the client/server code I used to host on one of my own machines, a dell with 4gb of memory at max with a pentium4 processor, so I actually have a frame of reference for how bad performance is today compared to back then. With what little was added, performance has tanked immensely with every major version.

How can it be polished if everything is still square?

This makes me so disappointed, I'm sure the fucking D'ni would have mastered the Art if
THEY FUCKING WROTE EARTH

I remember starting that up, thinking "I liked LEGO Racers, I bet this'll be nice", and then flipping my shit because it was actually a really good RTS that helped me git gud.

Shit, dude.
I tought the lag problem was on my end. Seems they fucked servers as whole then. All I can say is that lan was alright until I breeded lots of animals, then the other players started experiencing King Crimson.

actually there are several polished stone blocks in the game these days

It was strange that they would grunt on the cutscenes when they talked during the gameplay. Why not talk all the time?

Why not shut the fuck up and play the game instead?
#F!xkcGnDKA!NW-TPUzI2aRyIf2D-OdpaA

I have the original CD, friendo.

Well, being a fag and plugging a server I made to play with friends. It's open to pirated copies too, because fuck microshit.

OingoBoingo.Minecraftr.us

I used to run a Minetest server off a SBC. It worked well enough but there are some performance issues to clean up. If there's enough interest I can set it up again.
Downside is that I'm in Bongland, so ping will be shit if you're used to US servers. Then again it's autismblocks, not Quake.

low ping is awful in minecraft. it's unplayable

high ping

what version? friendos run a pirate friendly one too beacause fucking30dollars. only downside is no player skins, server full of steves and alexs. i miss my dressup.

they should add leather armor to the player skin sheet.

i always thought it was funny how people might take so much time picking or making a skin, just to cover it up with gray or cyan boxes.
the best skin was sir arthur from ghosts n goblins, so when your armor finally did break youd be in your undies just like the game hes from.

Version 1.11.2
I'm still trying to work out the kinks with the server mods, but so far I've only got pretty basic things in. I'm trying to set it up so people can steal if they manage to get in your house, and you can die on your property. My friends all have lives though so no one wants to play on there.

what have i done

you probably did her a favor

A service

Prevented autism.

Ladders still create air pockets, so a stack of those is indispensable when clearing an ocean monument.

Or if you've already got sponges, go with those.

So what's better when modding, keeping it simple and stick with like 10 mods or going into autism-overdrive and getting a fuckton?

Keeping it simple, especially if you're on the latest versions. If I remember correctly, forge's memory use per mod is ridiculous on recent versions.

It's completely subjective because it's up to whatever you want to get out of it.
If you want to play factorio in 3 dimensions, there's probably enough mods to make it happen. If you want to feel like you're on an adventure in a fantasy world, there's probably enough mods to make it happen. Maybe you want to be an astronaut and explore the final frontier, well there's mods for that too.
Just know that whatever you decide to do, the mods will usually be half-assed, mediocre, unstable, perform horribly, or take the autism up to 11, and none of these are mutually exclusive.
I've realized the only way I'm going to get the experience I want out of this fucking game is if I make my own damn mods.

pile on as many mods as your machine can handle

That is why mods tend to be what you listed. Most modmakers start making for themselves and get consumed in the process

i wonder if thaumcraft is gearing up for a release next month, it would be a year since the last update. but who knows.

Mother of God, GOTAYAY.

This gets old very fast. With a typical premade modpack you'll have 60 mods competing with each other to be the most effective and easy way to do a particular task, the whole thing has no challenge or soul and the only thing you get out of it is the experience of setting up a few machines if you've never done that kind of things before. It gets old very fast.

If you take some dungeon mods like twilight forest or 'roguelike dungeons', then I HIGHLY recommend that you don't spoil it for yourself with a bunch of overpowered mods that make the challenge disappear and the rewards worthless. Although I suppose you can't know which mods are relatively OP and which aren't unless you've tried them or know what to look for in mod spotlight videos.

That said, the problem is not lots of mods, you can have 100+ mods and still have a good experience. The problem is precisely those mods that try to make everything too easy and mods that do the same things as other mods.

Any good sci-fi mods? Especially ones with new planets and stuff like that?

Instead of improving on or adding more game design heavy features, they add more colored blocks.

Notch did more work on Minecraft during a vacation than Mojang does these days from update to update.

also no galacticraft pls

Just tried your server, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but apparently I don't have permission to use chat.

We are upgrading the living shit out of it, working on permissions and junk. Basically it's broken at the moment.

blocks and block accessories

I miss the guy who would just go on random servers and see what people had built.