Tank Vidya

So apparently Armored Warfare is crashing with no survivors now that Obsidian has literally been fired as the development team.
archive.is/SJjwZ

How does one actually fuck up a license to print money like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/O210I
archive.is/O210I
poal.me/vs3i91
kitsuga.com/index.php/2017/02/13/obsidian-and-mycom-are-lying-to-you-about-armored-warfare/
store.steampowered.com/app/486510/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everyone involved was extremely incompetent

Is this the game everyone has been saying would sink Obsidian?

Try not playing F2P P2W tank games

archive.fo/O210I

tl;dr

Try suggesting games that aren't F2P, or autism simulators, or so ancient and primitive you have to pretend you're not shooting Legos.

Fuck, in what game am I going to drive modern tanks in now?

Fucking pleb

I can't even come up with any autism simulators that aren't ARMA.

I'm pretty sure by "autism simulator" he means actual military training software, like Steel Beasts.

Is it fun? Can you do anything alone?

Armored Warfare was almost halfway fun until their recent patch that made anything with less than MBT armor so piss weak that the bots will have you dead in less than 4 hits.

I'm sorry that I don't feel like having to study a 200 page reference manual to play a fucking game. I gave that shit up back in the days of Tornado on DOS.

no F2P
no good shit (sims)
no OLD
the only game I can think of is nonexistant you queerbait

Steel Armor Blaze of War is quite fun for a while if you're not completely brain dead.

Any good SP hovertank vidya?

I wish for anti-grav tank vidya. A vehicle that is a gunship, a jet fighter and a tank all in one, but no one will ever make such a game.

There is Uprising 1&2 and the Battlezone series.

The only person you need to apologize to is yourself.

Steel Armor is brilliant.
I hope the devs make another tank sim at some point.

Then you don't want to drive a tank.

Come on fuckfaces.

Yawn.

Pretty much this Although THQ Nordic are rumored to be trying to rive the Armored Fist franchise, along with Joint Operations

it was almost poetic

Other than Russian tanks most MBTs today are almost carbon copies of the Abrams.

(checked)
Top kek, just noticed that now when you pointed it out.

But that's wrong, most of them are based off of the Leopard 2, with the Abrams, Challenger and Merkava being the only exceptions since they were actually based off the Centurion and Chieftain

It's the same design philosophy, with all of them fulfilling the same role on the battlefield. You play one MBT you've played them all.

I'd much rather have one focusing on wars in the Middle East so you're forced to use outdated, shitty hardware that is at least diverse.

Arab-Israeli Wars would be actually pretty nice. Since you are seeing a mix of WW2 equipment VS Cold War equipment.
So you would have shit like Super Shermans, Pattons, AMX-13's, T-34/85's, SU-100's, T-62's, T-54/55's, ISU-152's, IS-3's, Centurions, even the odd Stug III and Panzer IV all duking it out. Not to mention some of the epic Armored Cars

Hell in general everyone seems to want to focus on either modern day shit or WW2 shit, while completely ignoring a fuckton of interesting Cold War vehicles.

It's always nice to see all those little details.
Pic related are my screens from Operation Star Shield of the Prophet. It's not a tank sim but it's pretty much centered around tanks especially that operation.

I am just extremely sad that Chieftain isn't a usable tank in Steel Armor.

If anyone wants more details on what the fuck happened with AW.
archive.is/O210I

Who To Blame

What Went Wrong

If only they didn't have a history of fucking up game development and delivering them half baked.

Reminder that when Obsidian was given free reign to make whatever game they wanted they ended up shitting out an inferior Baldur's Gate clone.

Pretty much this, don't be afraid to shift the blame to Obsidian to a lot of this. Their incompetence knows no bounds and in the past have only be saved due to having good writers. Most of the work in terms of making a game had typically been done for them.

Trust reddit to suck Obsidian's dick and pretend like they aren't the incompetent SJW fuckwits that they are.
Why am I even surprised at this point?

I remember when it came out and we were trying to get a guild or whatever the fuck it was called going. The user who made it asked me not to play one day and then never come back and I said I wouldn't and then I did.
I disappointed you onii-chan.

You have no idea what you're talking about what so ever, especially with that last sentence considering how many Middle East nations used the T-55 and T-62, and maybe some T-72s either locally produced and thus lower quality or imported but still lower quality, with each being very similar to each other and Israel being one of the few there using Western equipment like the M-60, which was similar to the T-62.

But user that's actually wrong unless you are counting very very late Middle Eastern Wars, i.e shit that happened in late 70's and 80's?

oh baby

the chinese export tanks are as common in the ME. a lot of those T-55s are actually Type 59/69
Iran has a bunch of western equipment since they had US support until 79. M60, M47, M113.

Abrams and Leopard 2 are based on a common ancestor: MBT-70. German and American co-operation produced a decent tank, but the Americans wanted different shit than the Germans and eventually development split off. Challenger series is it's own deal, and Russian MBTs are quite different from western ones and can trace their lineage back to the T-54.

Basically no, modern MBTs are not copies of the Abrams.

Why isn't there a tank/plane vidya where you and friends all have the roles in piloting your vehicle and engage in combat? I would love a coop game where you have a spotter, gunner, driver etc. all in a tank, or in a plane a pilot and tail gunners. The closest I've played to that is battlefield and that shit is pretty bad.

In theory it's because nobody would wanna play the non-combat roles like spotter/loader.

Technically ARMA and Joint Operations do this, as well as some Battlefield Mods and Red Orchestra

Joint ops is good, but I feel like its age can limit what you can do sometimes.
That being said it still does a lot of shit you dont see today, like being able to stand on shit and ride it.

Although that's mainly an image reserved for /k/ tank threads, as /k/ is incapable of talking about tanks without Abrams Autist showing up and sperging out.

I know someone who's in a very similar position as this guy but worked on the historical accuracy part (also does it for WoT) and never signed the NDA as well, he said this is extremely accurate as far as he's aware.

that's a funny way of saying "vatniks come to thread and shit it up like normal by saying SOVIET BEST T-72 PERFECT TANK TOVARISCH ONLY ARMATA BETTER!"

It's a massive pile of shit and a waste of time (and often money), but I still play world of tanks.
Those belarussian kikes bought my soul through my tank fetish, and I still try to collect all the tanks in that game.

And here's Abram Autist bang on time, guess the image is useful here after all
Except that never ever happens on /k/, you are quite literally making shit up. It is only you Abrams Autist that falsely accuses everyone of saying that when it is blatantly false

About Steel armor, Im not retarded, but how complex is the game? Its just a normal realistic tank game, or its pure-autism time-sinking simulator?

The problem with everyone saying that is that they weren't even given the chance to fuck up on their own in this instance.
They had a plan for a game, mailRU said "looks good, start making it". Once the planning was done and groundwork laid, mailRU said "Wait, we didn't actually look at your plans; you're not making a chinese WoT clone? Scrap everything and do that instead".

Then at every milestone, mailRU would go "Not WoT enough, the russians aren't addicted yet.". Every time obsidian tried to do something on their own (which, granted, they probably would've fucked up half of), they were told "no, do this instead" and had to scrap their new idea AFTER partially implementing it.
Even when obsidian directly copied from WoT, then tried to improve problems people had with WoT, mailRU would say "fuck off, the russians won't like your changes, make it have the exact same problems as WoT".

I actually decided to jump around looking at their mail.ru and my.com forums. Funny how the US and EU blame Russians for causing Balance 2.0 and most of the problems of the game while if you go to RU server the Russians blame US and EU for causing Balance 2.0 and most of the problems of the game. Is this the community warfare feature they had promised?

Not really. My favorite tank is actually the T-64, I'm just not retarded like yourself. 90% of shitposting on /k/ comes from vatniks. Stay salty tho breh

I dunno, I think it's pretty obvious that they fucked up the balance long ago shortly before release when they nerfed the shit out of HE, took out the pass through mechanic and made it identical to WoT where there's little reason not to pick the highest penetrating ammo all the time.

I fucking despise this spineless cowardly way of criticizing someone or something. Especially when it ends up as "my favorite side did nothing wrong except get oppressed by the other guys, it's all their fault and none of my favorite side's fault"

I found that obsidian seemed to focus their balance mostly around new mechanics and changes over the WoT formula that they'd thought up (shells reacting differently to different situations, overpenetrations, artillery being support instead of delete-tank-by-click vehicles, how spotting worked in early builds, etc), and then when the russians hated how these things weren't just like WoT, obsidian just outright removed them without rebalancing tanks around them being removed, resulting in some whack shit like the ridiculous pixel hunting MBT fights devolved into.

Obsidian made a deal with Ruskie kikes, got what they deserved with their incompetence and dealing.

Now most important question, Who is the most fuckable tank ever?

PANZERKAMPFWAGEN III IS THE CUTEST TANK.

But what if instead of playing the tank, I want to fuck the tank?

That's how all Obsidrones are though. Nothing is ever Obsidians fault, it's ALWAYS because they were pressured by publishers or some other nonsense despite games where they have plenty of time and they're entirely in control of ending up being garbage.

Really, I think the biggest problem came about with how they made MBTs the end all, be all. There was no reason not to pick an MBT, and to top it off if you were even a tier below another MBT, you had to either pixel hunt like you said or just had to give up on trying to damage it. I remember a number of times being able to see only the side turret of a Leopard 2 and being unable to penetrate it at all with a MBT one tier lower. As someone who slogged through WoT and played it competitively to the point where I haven't played the game in years and I've still got a few years worth of premium time bought from tourney gold, seeing basic shit like that was frustrating and simply made me not want to play the game at all. Things just ended up being completely obnoxious really. The fact that it took them over a year to get rid of the shot delay really made people not want to play as well.

Like fuck it does. Also your Tankfu is shit

What do you expect from a post made on leddit?

Finally! A real topic worthy of attention!
poal.me/vs3i91
Add tanks you faggots!

What made me initially quit AW wasn't quite the shot delay, but was caused by the same inherent problem that made shot delay a thing: the separation of client and server side aiming, with the server always being correct and the game initially unable to show you the server's crosshair. WoT has the same client-server separation, but enabling the server reticle option instantly fixes it for all but the worst (400+ms ping) connections, but AW didn't bother adding a server reticle until after the balance was completely fucked and all the interesting features were removed.

Why add tanks when the best tank is already there?

Not entirelly, AFV's were ridiculously OP in right hands and when they buffed missiles went from a hefty slice of cheese to a whole wheel of dairy. There was literally no point taking Light Tanks since anything they could do a TD could do better and an AFV could do a fuckton better. Tanks like the Challenger 1 were only considered OP cause it's literally the first MBT players actually face, all the others are that underpowered. A lot of the problems were map designs that were too small for the 15vs15 clusterfuck but when you got 8vs8's the MBT's were actually very much underpowered.

Balance 2.0 if you've played the PTS has completely fucked balance over again though now, nerfing MBT's into oblvion with ridiculous reload times that are WoT levels 10 second reloads for 90mm's seriously? as well as literally giving them no armour or mobility, AFV's are no longer ridiculously OP but some stuck with only autocannons have no point being in game since they can't spot and they can't penn anything, even if they are right at the rear of a tank and point blank, literally like playing a T4 Light Tank in WoT against T8's. Light Tanks which had originally no place previously in AW are funny enough the most OP class now since why take an MBT when you aren't going to bounce anything, move anywhere, stuck with shitty gun handling or reload? Overall Balance 2.0 is probably going to kill the playerbase even harder than the lack of content since every decision they've taken just shows they have no idea about how their game plays or should play.

Well I've got some investigating to do anons

No skirts
Fucking heathen

Living Legends.
It also has tanks for your autism.

Agreed, a tank without skirts is undressed and a bit of a slut.

Pleb

Somewhat autistic, but forgivingly easy to jump right in to the battle. More of a combination of tank sim and real-time tactics, as in trying to get your squad of tonks where they should be while making sure your driver doesn't drive straight to a hidden ATGM launcher.
Tutorial is slow and awful, which works best for autists. Have fun trying to jump right into a battle - there's at least 3 phases of planning for you to do, first.
Gameplay-wise, you don't need to read a 1960s soviet T-62 manual to know what to do, as long as you know the basic fundamentals such as enabling the gyrostabilizer, you're good to go. Will probably take some time for you to memorize the fairly convenient HUD, just be sure to not let the driver stick his head out for too long.
Only for the campaign, maintaining situational awareness can be frustrating.
Disregard what everyone else may say about WoT, play a few thousand battles in that game and try to apply/practice the basics of tonk tactics and maneuvers, proceed to War Thunder for a larger scale application of said tactics, natural progression works nice.
If you can't afford to do the above, try out other simpler sims such as T-34 vs Tiger with the same concept.

You are fucking autistic kill yourself

it's a sim that targets sim users and only has a civ game as a secondary, like DCS but more so.
if you're looking for a game you'll have a bad time.
I adore it, running an armor platoon with friends was amazing. also taught me how spooky russian ATGMs are, you can see those fuckers flying in for kilometers.

Anyone got a link for Steel armor?

Just some more info you niggas might be interested in:
kitsuga.com/index.php/2017/02/13/obsidian-and-mycom-are-lying-to-you-about-armored-warfare/

Highlights:

i've always wanted to learn how to code so i could make a vidya like this, and include my #1 favorite aircraft B-17G a best

Obsidian is the most incompetently run studio I've ever seen

To be honest I'll reserve that mantle for Gearbox.

I can understand putting time and effort into learning how to drive a real tank, but learning useless shit to do something in a video game for "le fun" is retarded and autistic.

Why are you even here then, why the fuck would you waste time playing video games, watching movies, listening to music or reading books?

Is a functional pirated version available? last time I checked, there were only ruskie malware-filled ones

MBTs are boring, where my IFVs at?

Dominating Armored Warfare for time being

It's better if you read the forums, they are in full damage control mode.

God, what a shitshow. After reading this, I finally just uninstalled it. Fucking hate that I spent money on this.

Earth Defense Force 4.1
You want tanks?
We got tanks.

So you guys are all playing WarThunder then right?

It's shit
S H I T
Epsilon shits on it every day. Hell even Gigantus would be a better choice at this point.

Titan's main gun is a trap, the real star of the show is it's armor value and side gunner positions.

Shame it's shit like said.
You are much better off with any other tank or getting a full platoon of tanks. So many of the multicrewed vehicles suck in EDF it's a shame

I play it. Unfortunately my computer died recently and I have to pay for a few other things before I can fix it. It's shit on ps4.
Pz IV F2 and the Tiger 1 are the best tanks for their tiers.

I GUESS SO!

MAKE EDF GREAT AGAIN!
Unfortunately no wall will keep the Giant Incests out

Which are worthless against jumping spiders, wasps, dragons and flying drones/vehicles which is what the rapid fire side cannons could shine against but don't since the camera tied to them doesn't move unlike the epsilon side cannons which are complete trash due to piss poor range/damage but are at least usable.

It would probably be OP in the hands of the player.

Isn't that the same thing…

Sometimes I feel like EDF is genuinely being shilled, it's a shit game about holding the fire button in the general direction of giant ant bullet sponges.
Maybe it's just weebs who eat any trash up as long as it's japanese.

Have you considered that maybe people just have different tastes and interests in video games? It's okay for you to not enjoy something others do.
The reasons why I enjoy it are because I like arcade style games, shooters, alien invasions, massive scale differences, huge armies, NPC vs. NPC fights, and things that are objectively awesome like turning half the map into an artillery inferno and dancing in the giblet rain or punching giant robots in the dick with a giant robot. It is the game I thought future games would be like when I was a child and it helps heal my heart from all the damage EA has done to it. As a game I genuinely enjoy and call one of my favorites, of course I'm gonna bring it up often and try to get others to play it in the hopes that they might share in the joy I feel from it.
Also, it would help your argument if you actually played something before calling it shit. Ants all die in 1-2 hits and most weapons will kill multiple ants at the same time, some even all the ants.

So it's DRMd with Steam and supports VR (though not required), but this looks like it'd be good for people who want arcade tank battles a la Tokyo Wars from the arcades: store.steampowered.com/app/486510/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_5

I've also enjoyed the PS4 VR Battlezone, but I don't pay for PS+ so I can't comment on multiplayer. PC release is coming eventually, according to the devs.

Pretty much this post. EDF is shilled cause it's quite literally simple fun about blowing shit it up, with a fuckton of weapons, vehicles and toys to play with. It isn't a series stuck up it's own ass and something you can easily get into and enjoy while actually having a challenge. Add to the fact that maps are pretty big and you aren't stuck in a corridor it becomes a rather refreshing game.
Of course if you are incapable with dealing with a lot of bugs then you probably won't enjoy the game that much

Aren't they putting Gaijin into that?

I have no idea. All I know is what I've seen in the trailers, haven't actually bought the game. I'm only moderately interested because it looks like good arcade fun.

This time last week I'd agree with you about the Tiger 1, but the mm has been fucking awful at br 5.7 since the "br changes" update on Tuesday.
I mean, even worse than it was before. Almost all games are uptiers now.
When are those incompetent fucks actually going to increase the top br to 9.0 like everyone has been asking for for the past three fucking years? The recent update was completely pointless and only seems to have made things worse.