He is on a important mission

Going around the wasteland building settlements (using the console to give myself supplies) was the only fun to be had in FO4.

The main questline is boring as fuck

>fun _____ FO4
Holla Forums has come a long way since November 2015

Would it be wrong to say that FO4 is an improvement over the previous games in every way, except for anything that involves talking to other people or interacting with the quests/story which are all butchered to such a degree that they ruin the entire rest of the game, unless you manage to ignore all of it?

yeah but story fucking matters, surprisingly a lot

Cheating.

Someone explain what 200 years is to bethesda.

This is accurate. Even then, you have to mod the hell out of it, because the shit Fallout 4 gives you on its own is garbage. Not to mention the lack of being able to place anywhere.
Story and gameplay, otherwise, is awful. Story has to be completely ignored to have fun, given that all it ever serves to do is load you with nonsense that you don't care about and otherwise doesn't make sense.

The single worst thing about this shithole of a game. I want my qt french clang

Is there a bethshit title coming out or something? Fuck off, Todd drones.

Bethesda doesn't care about accuracy.

I'm surprised modders haven't fixed that yet.

Nothing major failing right now to salt mine over, so we're dredging up old things to shit on.

Yes. Art design is fuck-terrible. Especially when looking at shit like guns, but everything otherwise is pretty garbage.
Music is rather sub-par, at least as far as the radio since the rest is rather generic anyway.
Combat is "faster", but thanks to how bullet-spongy most enemies are, as well as how boring the weapons are, it's one of the worst parts of the game. Considering how shit everything else is, that's really bad.
Sound design is also horrible. Guns sound like a wet tongue rummaging through your ear. Further ruining combat.
Dungeon design is rather dull, rarely anything of note inside anything. Especially loot-wise. The randomly generated whatnot doesn't help them, when there's only a handful of actual items. Say what you will about how shit Boarderlands is, at least with their randomly generated garbage, they added a metric ton of different guns, parts, and such.

FO4 modding is rather dead. What little still exists is shitty.

I just pirated FO4, is settlement building mandatory?

Not entirely sure. But, at bear minimum, the world's empty as all fuck without. Seriously, there's some three towns what aren't settlements. Admittedly, there's a couple more that are settlements, but are fully furnished settlements, but still.

I think you have to build a few things and then you can ignore it. It takes like 20 minutes max to get that shit out of the way.

Wow I'm suprised this meme spread to 8ch already

Hello /fog/-user, nice meme

My brother put down 400 bucks or however much a PS4 went for when this came out and I gotta say from the hour or so I played of it I can't say a single good thing about it. It's just completely terrible.

On a console, there's no way to fix the things what have a chance to be remotely decent. So, that's not surprising.

Anyone who plays a bethesda game unmodded is either a retard or a masochist

there's something familiar about this…

I asked my roommate why he doesn't mod his Skyrim on console and he said he wants achievements. I don't get that shit who gives a fuck about achievements.

That's perfectly truthful. Unlike the previous Fallouts (both the isometric and the 3D), FO4 actually managed to deliver decent combat (albeit still flawed due to the bulletsponge), decent sandbox exploration, and real open world. Interaction however is utterly abysmal.

That's a bad thing because what really defined Fallout 1 and 2 was the elaborate world manipulation through interaction. No one played original Fallouts for the crappy combat with some of the worst implementation of probability and party system ever, isometric view with boring looking tiny objects, or the exploration of the world which is admittedly very bland. Interaction is the meat of Fallout. However, Bethesda managed to fix everything but the interaction.

I actually like the gunplay, exploration, and looting, and I don't find any problem there save for the bullet sponge.

Outside energy weapons, the guns feel too shitty for me to enjoy. The 10mm is honestly the only gun I like, as lasers are too bulky and plasma is too rare to feed properly. Everything else just sounds, feels, and preforms like shit, all on top of looking like it too.
It doesn't help that I know a thing or two about guns, and their cartridges, so when you hand me a 45. "rifle", I'm going to look at it like a shitty pistol carbine.

Exploration is packed with stuff, but after walking around, you very quickly realize that there's nothing new or interesting anywhere. It's all the same shit, with the same enemies, doing the same thing. There's no situation where you feel like you're actually discovering something. You walk through a building at level 5, you meet "RAIDER". You walk through another building at level 30, it looks the same, and you meet "TOUGH RAIDER". The only remotely interesting thing I can remember is the Constitution, piloted by all those robots. That was pretty swell, actually. Should've had more things like that.

Looting is mostly broken due to the piss-poor item list, thanks to "mods". At level 1, you find a 10mm pistol. At level 30, you find a hardened automatic 10mm pistol. That, and loads of random ammo in places what make no sense, pipe weapons behind pre-war lockups, and shitty junk everywhere because 'muh crafting'.
I always liked junk, too. It was something to collect and display, in prior fallout games. But now, they're just a grind, as you sit there juggling weight for that one extra adhesive or aluminum you need to make your shitty gun competitive with the god-awful enemies who level up with you, and become more and more spongy as you go.

Someone posted this a few days ago, in one of the rather numerous Fallout 4 threads we've had. I think it sums up things quite well. It's crazy long, though, but it really does hit every single major issue with the game.

Have you ever noticed that whenever an old Fallout 4 thread drops off the catalog, a new one replaces it almost instantly? And yet everytime these shit tier threads get hundreds of replies and sit in the catalog for days because faggots keep bumping these threads. If we ever want the quality of our board to improve, we are obligated to end the perpetual Fallout 4 shill threads.

I really don't get your problem here. After removing the bullet sponge I think the guns sound and gunplay are perfectly acceptable. Better than what I got in FEAR and Crysis imo.

I own two .44's but I'm not autistic about my vidya guns.

Meh, still more stuff than STALKER.

I recognize that problem too, but I mostly don't care somehow. I think it's comfy to loot mindlessly, but that's just my personal preference. When I'm bored with looting, I just enter console cheats to duplicate items.

I've seen that video, I think that guy's opinion doesn't differ much from mine.

They sound and feel like BB guns. It's pathetic. Given how they preform, even if you play on Survival, it adds rather heavily to that.
In order to skirt around this horrible nonsense, I had to play with some modded weapons. Shit like the Combat Rifle, especially, is terrible.

I'm not particularly "autistic" about it. I never minded, for instance, the Fallout 3 shotgun. It was stupid, and nonsensical, by all means, but I don't care about the mechanisms so much. The cartridge, meanwhile, does peeve me. No sensible reason why what is described as a "DMR" would be chambered in a fucking pistol cartridge.

Yeah, but the thing about STALKER was, the stuff was sufficiently different to be interesting. There was new things to see. More people to meet who actually seemed different. Loot wasn't just the same generic pistol you got five hours ago, with some mods on it.
There may be more, in quantity, but I'd not say the restaurant with 100 different orders for clams has "more" choice than the one what's got 50 different orders for a wide range of foodstuffs.

Why the fuck can't I expand my safe area? Why the fuck can't I eventually render the entire map safe? Why can't I join my settlements if I have the materials to do so? Why can't there be any actual progression or feel any meaning to the work I do?

How can code be so shitty?

This is a good point. Would be cool if you could tame the commonwealth as a whole. Start up sentry bot patrols running across major trade routes, missile turrets on every overpass, check points every mile to scan and confiscate any restricted items.
I'd turn the place from a wasteland to a cyberpunk dystopia right quickly.

Let me know your ideal gunplay in a game for comparison so I can understand your opinion about it. For me it's acceptable.

Well, I really don't care as much as you. Who cares if they slap an anti tank rifle label on a 9mm. Just my personal opinion though. If it bothers you then I can't criticize you.

Yes, but after finishing the STALKER games, which are short, I don't feel like doing anything anymore in the open world. I think the strength of TES-like games is I can start and end it anytime I want, the mechanism allows a timeless game even if the whole thing is just procedurally generated or with minor differences.

Guns that look, sound, and feel good, as well as have a solid effect on target. Basically, guns that feel like fucking guns, instead of some shitty toy.
I guess STALKER is a good example. Though, since the mechanics aren't the issue, any shooter really would do. Hell, even Call of Duty, since we're cutting the gameplay aspect out. I'm mostly referring to the guns. The guns feel so terrible in Fallout 4 that combat is a drag to me.

Anyone who has the bear basic knowledge of guns should care. Why would an anti-tank rifle use the same round a fucking pistol uses?
For reference, here, the round is also used in game for things like pistols and sub machine guns.
So it ain't like you could make the argument "well our 9mm is different". This is stuff established even in setting to be pistol rounds.

Maybe so, but I've found that I can spend far more time exploring shit in STALKER than I can in Fallout 4, since at least in STALKER, I'm not going through the exact same shit everywhere I go.
I feel you on the TES-like games whatnot, by all means. The biggest reason I can spend a lot of time, though, in such games, is one, because I can make my own character, which Fallout 4 you cannot do unless you ignore the story, and never talk to anyone. Two, because the world as a whole is interesting enough, with plenty of characters and paths to walk down, groups to join, and just general room for some fucking RP in an RPG, unlike FO4. And three, because the world as a whole isn't so mindnumbingly empty, so horribly devoid of anything interesting that you don't run into in the first hour, so covered in copy-paste level design, that there's actually shit to explore. This shit's managed to be worse than Skyrim about that. I'm rather amazed, quite frankly, as Skyrim was one of the worst examples of such a system. At least there, though, you still were able to make your own fucking character.

Acheivements / online co-op are what ruined videogames

Save for CoP, guns don't affect the target's movement at all. There's no flinch, only occasional stagger, you can't tell where your projectiles go most of the time.

IMO, a game with truly decent gunplay (perfect mixture of guns that feel good and enemies that react well to gun wounds) doesn't exist. As far as arcade shooter goes, FO4 is acceptable.

It's video game, I can choose to care or not care and form my own interpretation for the guns.

I don't know, running from Yantar to Bar, Garbage, and then Cordon back and fort feels boring to me. Maybe I took the MMO tier repeatable missions too seriously.

And yes, I share your exact feelings regarding the mediocre interaction and lack of character defining activities in FO4. However I try to treat it as a mindless sandbox game where I don't need to invest much time into. I don't even care about the story or the dumb dialogue. It's just a sandbox shooter game with mild RPG progression for me. Not trying to defend the game, but that's how I accept FO4.

Were you playing on master? Were you trying to use a SMG or shotgun on people who are actually armored?
CoP did have the best gunplay, though, I'll give you that. Do keep in mind, SoC came out ten years ago.

Even considering arcade shooters, Fo4 is terrible, mate. Though, I don't really know what exactly you're talking as far as "arcade shooter". I'm just going to assume the typical more campy giant guns and badassery, in which case I'd tell you, again, the guns in Fo4 feel, sound, and preform like shit. Play, I don't know, Serious Sam, and most the guns at least seem like they're sending more than a little plastic BB.

I guess that's on you, but for myself, it rather smashes any attempt at immersion, as well as any semblance of the most remote kinds of realism.
So, for a game like Fallout, it rather destroys any remaining atmosphere or apocolyptic feeling it might've had, and coupled with the god-awful lack of character creation, it means that as an RPG it completely patters out. All that's left is a really shitty shooter with grind mechanics.

Repeatable missions in any game are pretty shit, mate. Don't know why you'd touch those for anything other than short term dosh. Even then, there's no point. SoC is the weakest, in my opinion, of the three, for what that's worth though.

If you are after a mindless sandbox game, there's countless others that vastly outpreform Fallout 4. Hell, even Boarderlands does that shit better.

Fallout 2 had a fully functioning city with irrigation, plants, medical facilities and shit.