Anyone here have HTC Vive?

After much waiting and watching, yesterday finally bought ((allow myself to be robbed)) for the Vive. I know it's still really in Beta, but friend works for them and I got it for close to half price. If you are a geography fag, the ability to take a few xanax and nod in and out while overlooking Florence or the Vatican in 360 degrees in amazing.
I know it's going to be work, but for me VR reminds me almost of the internet in the late 90s/early 00s, where you have a chance to genuinely make discoveries and test limits of what is possible if have enough autism.
Does anyone here have it and what do you think? I only tried for ~15 minutes, but if I'm right and this is the new frontier of vida (for good or for bad), might be a shitload of opportunities here. And for the traditionalists, would you rather some chinaman or Indian beat you to it?
Yes, want to have fun with it for personal use, but also want to be on the look out for how it can be simplified and marketed to the masses eventually. Other than the obvious (price has to come down), want to see what can be done.
As far as Vive games, does anyone have a favorite? They already emailed me a certificate for 4 free "games" (even though they only last like 20 minutes). Is there a consensus as to what is the favorite game for Vive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F9rr5-PEvO8
youtube.com/watch?v=CScqGGpkSx0
archive.is/X9cAi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vr is super fun, but there isn't any "KILLER APPS" that you can get beside the usual job simulator, Arizona sunshine, tilt brush, hover junkers, out of ammo, etc.

There are really good games but most of it are just experimental shit or sandbox-y early access garbage. Ask me questions if you want to know anything about vr games, I might've played them already

Onward is easily one of the better Vive games out at the moment. QuiVR is a pretty good archery game too, despite the dev bowing down the SJW pressure (I was raped in VR!!)

Google Earth is great too, and free.

As for improvement: WIRELESS HEADSETS! it will feel great to never worry about tripping over or untangle the wires after many uses. Better controllers too since the vive wiimote is good, but it doesn't have enough buttons, I feel like oculus touch controllers wins for the button department. There was a huge vive showcase where they showed their new "touch" controller and this weird puck sensor. Put these pucks on your feets and with a little programming you can have free leg movement! But it on a bat and you can have a bat! Try not to smash the tv with it.

What do you think of stuff like Dolphin VR where existing games are modded to support VR in some fashion?

There was an add-on for the Vive that allows for it to be wireless at CES this year. It seemed to worked well with no noticeable lag.

Cool, thanks, I'm copying these and saving in a file. Are you around the site user every few days or so that I can come back and ask questions once my system arrives this week and I get it set up?

I haven't tried dolphin vr, but I did try vivecraft, doom 3 vr and panambra vr and all of them played great! I never understand how superbunnyhop got sick from playing vivecraft because I felt fine.

Doom and panambra vr played great, beside the bugs because they're still in alpha. Walking around in the dark with one flashlight in hand and gun/hammer with the other felt really good and I really adored doom 3 more than I already am from it (I love doom 3 sue me). The only problem is of course the lack of buttons on the vive controller and using the weird trackpads to move around can be little finicky sometimes

You should check out 'vrchat'. It's a thing that got up on steam this february.

Here are some examples
youtube.com/watch?v=F9rr5-PEvO8
youtube.com/watch?v=CScqGGpkSx0

What I really like is the hand movements and the ability to get some people to join you in seinfeld's apartment and such.

It's free.

I've seen it, the only problem that you need to install a sensor for it on the ceiling of your room to make it more effective

I'm mostly here at this time since I'll be bored in my office job shitposting, but if you dare I can add you on discord or something

Crytek tried to make AAA VR games, it almost bankrupted the company since the market is so tiny
Now they are going back

One thing to remember when you set it up: Be warey of any glass/mirrors/reflective surfaces.

Took me a full day before i realised the reason only one of my controllers was working was because the mirror was reflecting a signal or something so the headset was picking up the same controller twice.

This. This was what sold it for me. As a historyfag, to be able to "walk" the Norman Walls in 360 degrees and look out and see (in VR) what the Knights would have looked out on as the Turks were arriving…this kind of shit is better than sex for me.
As I see it, while I'm working I can pick out a "destination" during the week, and when I get my first day off from work on Sat or Sunday, i take a few xanax, relax, first read a book about about the place I'm interested in (either a guide or history book), and take sort of a "virtual vacation."
I know, with my luck a week after I've paid for it they're going to open up Google Earth to other, cheaper systems on Steam (supposedly some have already done it, and I probably could have if I had the time to be persistent enough) but I got a good deal on this.

Any games that you all have played an enjoyed, please tell me, want to look into them. Haven't been this excited for a device in a long time.

Thanks. Saving this entire thread for the advice.

IMO it's okay if VR games are mostly tech demos and experiments, because that's how you find out what works for VR and the right ways to use it.

The problem is that these retarded developers are trying to sell those experiments as videogames, sometimes even at prices equivalent to high-tier non-AAA games.

user already talked about onward and quivr. But also check hotdogs, horseshoes and hand gernades for a really good weapon sandbox, but if you want a multiplayer equivalent; check Bullets and More VR. Both of these games are early access but they're both fun. Hotdog is the most polished looking one of the two

Have you tried Everest VR yet or Richie's Plank Experience?
How about "Zombie Training Simulator and The Gallery – Episode 1: Call of the Starseed?"

They gave me vouchers for all these games as soon as my CC info was processed, haven't tried them yet.
IF you had t recommend 3 must have games for Vive now, what would they be?

This. The fucking developers need to realize that they are still essentially in beta and not try to sell this to consumers as a fully formed "game system." Example– I won't be disappointed since I know I'm going into something that's experimental and evolving and for me that's part of the the fun.
My fear is the a good number of these idiots buying it are expecting something like the os$ where you put in the game and it plays seamlessly and that's it. Esp the really young fags (under 22) who never knew an internet where you had to amok your own way in many situations and adapt to the situation and figure it out without any "Help line" or "chat" to tell you exactly what to do.
In ways, I think that might be good since it will draw types who are more interested in exploring and fixing and trying out new ideas rather than just, like mindless zombies, expecting it to be fixed for them without understanding anything that goes on behind the scenes in the code.

Never tried any of these since they gave me different games in their vouchers, but I heard that zombie training simulator is alright. I got job simulator, tilt brush and space pirate simulator.

There is not going to be fix for movement. Its not possible to technically make movement non-nauseous right now. There isn`t going to be proper games until they solve the movement and adverse effects related to it.

People don`t realize how much MOVEMENT matters. I don`t know a single game where standing in one spot or moving at snail speed is ever more appealing.

That's why lots of games are doing the teleportation method of movement. It sucks but it stops the weak people from getting sick from just by looking at the ground. The only time I get little bit dizzy if I looked down while moving in games like onward or bamvr since my brain is thinking that I'm in an escalator or a moving platform and every time I stop moving my body is somehow ready itself to rebalance itself even when there's no force.

(this is totally OT and it's prob gonna get me called a"shill, "but will say anyway bc might really help a few people and I'm not naming any specific site.
IF you've lived in different places in the US– esp in you want to UG and then Grad in different states– check the treasury sites of the states in which you lived.
I tried it on a whim, and turned out I had $480 dollars from my insurance company from something having to to with obongo care that I still do not understand. I realize this sounds like bullshit and is totally OT, but check. they will not tell you on net how much you they have, I was expecting at most a few shekels, but this is how I got the shekels to pay for the vive.
Just jewggle it. You have nothing to loose and might get lucky as I did.

Teleportation is not going to be more appealing than Actually Moving, no matter what game you make for it. Its never going to be. It has to be solved.

One of my favorite things so far about VR is listening to asshole devs like Dean Rocket (Pay for a version of DayZ that's less developed than the free mod) Hall bitch and moan that his VR game is losing money.

Here are some quick reviews of games I've tried:

Atmospheric escape-the-room style horror game.

Just a straight up really good EtR game. Sci-fi twist. A lot shorter than A Chair in a Room. I think I got it in a sale so no idea if it's worth whatever full price they want.

Free social/minigame thing. The paintball is great, I can never seem to get a game of the other things. Frisbee golf is another one. It's free so check it out.

It's billed as a survival sim, but it's more of an exploration game. You have to drink and eat but it's so generous it's almost a non issue. It's still pretty cool to explore the alien ruins and shit though. I've not beaten it yet, but it's been fun so far.

Make some music in VR. I bought it because it was a fiver in a sale, and I've spent a good few hours in it despite having no musical ability whatsoever. Seems to require you to have your own collection of samples to do anything really cool, but you can torrent them.

Rythm game that uses youtube music. I use it as a half-assed work out routine. There's another one called Audioshield which is basically the same concept. No idea which is better.

Direct planes around a miniature airport. It's basically a VR version of a phone game, but it's enjoyable. It comes with a free flight sim thing I havent tried yet.

Get a HOTAS if you want to play this. Immersive as fuck. I've not got to grips with it properly yet though because it seems like a bit of a commitment.

Not worth the asking price IMHO. I refunded it. Most people get it free though so I guess that's a moot point

Play pool in VR (and airhockey and darts and skeeball. Mainly pool.). You will want to lean on the table. Don't. It's not real.

Free plugin for minecraft that lets you play it in VR. I grew sick of the game years ago but holy shit if this hasn't got me playing again. You can play on any multiplayer server AFAIK, but it requires special plugins for the VR specific stuff. If you have any interest in MC at all then give this a go, it;s great fun walking around the stupid fort you build. Spelunking caves is actually scary.

I love this game and hate it. I'm terrified of hights so I can't play much of it at all, but really cool locomotion system (you grab with your hands and pull yourself around)

Plenty of games now have trackpad locomotion (onward and hotdogs to name two of the top of my head) and they work fine. Most devs seem to be adopting the method of throwing a bunch of choices at the player and seeing what they prefer. Games like Onward would be shit with teleportation.

I seem to be completely immune to the motion sickness thing, for what it's worth. The only problem I've had is with Ultimate Boost Experience. Which basically seems designed to make you want to throw up. And even then I just felt a bit dizzy standing up. Sitting down I was fine.

We can thank all the fucking "gang violence" in the US for the fact that we can't even have fake guns to play vidya with now. Fuck sake, if you watch tape from the 1980s even a game like "duck hunt" you could use a shitty grey gun to shoot ducks.
Then there was a game for…it looks like sega genesis where it was bright florescent blue and you should "Shoot" at screen.
A gut in Florida tried to make a sniper rifle for use with COD games called "the Delta Six." but it could never really get off the ground since he had zero cooperation from any manufacturer. Not only did he have no co-coperation they actively worked against him.
I got one after he dropped the price. It's a really cool feeling to play COD that way on a decent TV with a sniper scope, but it simply didn't work since it never lined u properly wit the targets:

thanks. Saved again. Going to have a decent little text file when this comes and I get it all set up and trying to pick which games…

I heard a lot of people got over the fear of heights/vertigo from playing vr games. I remember seeing this really nice video of some guy playing VR tf2 Facing his fears by playing in a surf map

There are 2 things keeping me from buying VR:

Nogaems. There are a shocking lack of standard games for the system

I heard it is hard to do movement in VR. That need to be fixed before i buy it as that is the reason why there are a lack of real games for VR

Because of the above most of the games for VR are generic wave shooters or nongames that gets boring in less than a hour. Kinda sad because if done right it can be truely great

I played quake on the DK1 of the OR. Zero motion sickness.
People are playing Onward without any issue.

Teleportation is over reaction to accommodate things for faggots/women/people who can't try things twice to see if their bodies get used to it. I never had motion sickness, not even once, but some people did and guess what, they kept trying on short time periods a couple of times and no the motion sickness is gone.

Video relevant. Cringy intro, the faggot is a bit of a try hard, but at least he moves a lot while playing unlike 99% of the modern player whose main FPS has been CoD and they feel the need to weld themselves to one spot of the map and wait.

BTW- No matter how cool they make Delta Six look in trailers, DO NOT BUY. IT's never going to viable unless and until they get a major corporate sponsor from inside the industry to work with them.
Obviously, it's a politically hot topic that no one wats to touch right now. The worst nightmare of these companies is some nigger shooting a bunch of people and telling the police "I learned how to do mass shootings practicing with the Delta Six!""
It sucks because the guy (this isn't him in the video) seems pretty decent when you deal with him over email, but due to out wonderful multi-kulti society, we can't have cool things like this… and for a big company, it would be way to make and undoubtedly make a ton of shekels. But will never, ever get made for fear of the smear if it were ever mentioned in context of a man sshooting, whatever company sponsored it would lose 15% of their stock value in one day.

Was cool for the first month or so but then the novelty wears off and you start desiring proper full length quality content.

The tracking is immaculate, very responsive and accurate down to sub millimeter. tracking is rarely lost unless you have furniture blocking LoS.

My biggest concern besides the lack of quality content is the front heavy weight distribution of the HMD.

The cable didnt turn out to be as much of a nuisance as I had expected it to be, you get used to it without thinking.

The resolution needs a bump up, hopefully GPUs powerful enough would be available by the time they bump it up to 4K per eye in future models.

Set up time is a quite a pain especially if you use full sized headphones and the elastic strap is very fiddly, if you move your head quickly or look down the sweet spot can shift making the image look blurry until you readjust.

I hate the size and the grip buttons on the motion controllers, the grips are tactile which is just godawful as I keep misclicking them and cannot hold my grip for long since it releases far too easily.

The new prototype controllers look much better as they have done away with the tactile grip altogether and replaced it with capacitive sensors that can detect how far your grip is open/halfway/closed.

Hopefully the new headmounting system with built in headphones and new controllers would improve comfort by a fair amount.

Not big on the wireless module unless it includes a power plug to charge as you go. It defeats the purpose of wireless I know but one cable would be easier to manage temporarily until it the HMD charged.

My favorites so far are

I would kill for space engineers in VR with proper support and a mechwarrior/steel batallion type game.

I've tried. It's too terrifying for me. Heart-pounding, grip shaking fear.

Most games with heights I can handle, but Clumby is something else. I think it's the locomotion method.

Space Engineers in VR is my wet dream.

There's a program, I think called Magic Sunshine, that you can use to build ships in VR (it does minecraft too) and then use them in the actual game. But if I could actually play SE in VR I don't think I'd ever take the headset off.

Mate have you ever tried Benadryl of any of the other shit they sell for motion sickness? I don't think "motion sickness" impacts as much of the population as you might think, and much of it might just be psychosomatic.
Not saying it isn't a "real" thing, but last tie I had "motion sickness" I was aged 5 or 6 and it was from eating too many funnel cakes and then going on a ride that spun you around and around in same direction.
They sell all kinds of direct pills for that shit now. Why not try one? I don't doubt you have an issue, but please don't expect the entire industry to change just based on YOU and the few others like you.
This seems to be story of American society these days– very vocal minority, since they have an issue that means they can't enjoy X, try to insisting in ruining X for EVERYONE ELSE ( "If I can't enjoy it, then no one else can either!")
You realize how pedantic that is and that it's the same attitude of the SJW?

I tried space engineers with VorpX, and it was horrible so don't do it.

Just needs proper stereo rendering, motion controller support and roomscale support.

I've wasted enough time as it is on it in desktop version, I would probably die of starvation if a good VR port for it was released.

Trying climby for the first time was really dizzy experience with its swingy locomotion options, I understand how you feel.

Speaking of movement: adding option for different kind of movement is super great since it can help people to find which is the most comforting method for them. QUELL 4D is a great example since it has three type of controls. One of them is the"carrot on a string" method of movement where you just aim and move, depending how close the carrot to your creature thing it's really good if you just want to sit and play. It plays pretty much like Wolfenstien 3D or doom if it's stuck in this weird Microsoft office word stock art from 2001

I haven't messed with VorpX. Doesn't seem worthwhile to me. The motion controls and room scale are just so fundamental to the experience.

The few non-VR games with VR modes I've tried have been awful. Distance, for example, is fucking horrible to play in VR.

That and subnautica from what I heard are the worst vr in non-vr games ever

fuck I have to try that now. Saw the video and it seems to save a great deal of agony when designing ships.

It would be like a fucking diabetic preaching that no-one else should be able to enjoy fucking…sugar simply because diabetics can't consume that kind of thing. that sort of thinking makes me crazy and what is ruing Western Society. In many ways, it's the epitome or Cultural Marxism/ even outright Soviets -style Communism.
There was a saying in the USSR "neighbor's goat must die too." Which mean if I have a goat and my neighbor has a goat and mine dies, then my neighbor's goat MUST die too or else we are not equal.
I doubt you even realize this or or looking at it from thsi perspective, but this essentially is exactly what you are advocating. "I cannot enjoy VR on the Vive due to my motion sickness , therefore no one else should be able to enjoy it either."
Cultural Marxism has no burrowed so deeply in Western culture that people no longer even realize it. It has to be said that under the USSR, the KGB was extremely successful at this in terms of inactivating (often willing) collaborators in academia and really throughout US society.

Subnautica keeps promising to add in motion controls, which would go a long way. I've heard the Hud is wierdly placed and hard to see though.

E:D is the only good non-VR VR mode game I've tried I think. And that gets away with a lot because it's a cockpit game. Seems like the best genre for that stuff.

It's a good program, and if I remember correctly it's free. I've only tried it with Minecraft, but it made building a perfectly cylindrical tower a breeze.

It basically lets you build shit like you're playing with lego. Awesome fun.

E:D and euro truck simulator 2 are perfect non-vr games with vr. Cockpit games will be perfect for those people with motion sickness, just make a mech game and I'm all set

buddy has a shop thatn rents time with them in eugene oregon called multiverse
there's like 7 stations

played Onward with him for a few hours one time, pretty fun

is right

holy shit, you faggot, just add Facebook and Soylent and I would have had bingo.
If you want to discuss what Jewish pharmaceuticals to take to make your shitty overpriced viewmaster more interesting, try Reddit.
My advice to you is finish that bottle of Xanax, chase it down with some vodka, and take a nap. Make sure you like down on your back, not your side.

LISTEN TO ME GUYS YOUR HAVING FUN WRONG GOTO REDDIT THIS CONVERSATION WONT HAPPEN HERE

Bit late, faggot. My advice to you is that if you want to be the fun police goto reddit where you can downvote discussions and comments you don't like and really flex your impotent rage at people you think are having fun wrong.

SUPERSAMPLING

-Depending your hardware you have to play with the supersampling value to get what the Vive is really capable of and there's no point going past 2.5.

-Check /vir/.

-I bought it for porn and my wrist hurt

-I have the feeling that something is moving in VR right now despite all the meme "games" erupting from Steam's asshole; VR HAS a future, in my pant at last.

-Get OpenVR Advanced Settings

-My cat just pissed on the carpet again.

SURGE

And check http ://www.roadtovr.com/

Elite Dangerous offers good VR support and is soon to release a multi-crew feature.
This could be extremely fun with friends

Fuck vidya, I just want a roomscale virtual desktop where all my files are like books and shit that I can pick up off of shelves and desks

Don't worry, Frontier will find a way to make sure it isn't.

I was planning on getting a vive for illusion games and playing Elite Dangerous but that's all that I'm gonna be playing so I'm not sure it's worth shelling out 700 for that. I'll probably just wait till a price cut.

Have they made vr gloves? I want to hold my waifu hand

Rec Room is the only VR game that has me coming back for more. Plus it's free.

Arizona Sunshine, Elite Dangerous, Quell VR, Onward, Accounting, and the Lab are all must haves for the Vive. Either Assetto Corsa or Project Cars too if you have a steering wheel.
Also VR porn.

There are some in development. It will probably be 2 to 3 years before there out.

I am waiting myself. Resolution is particularly lacking, even supersampling isn't enough to make it good enough. There are some 1440p displays, video related is one and it has eyetracking.
I might end up getting a VR headset once Vega 20/GTX 2080 TI comes out.

I have an Oculus and it's fucking trash and turned me away from VR entirely

Wew lad.

Why would you by a headset that's only good for cockpit simulators?

I don't think there's an ideal entry point in VR: Development phase? 1st gen? 2nd?
It's about what you can afford and what's available at time t. It's going to move forward, every aspect of VR is being worked on and financed big time: Haptic solution, hardware scaling and application. Treadmill, tracking and portability:The pace doesn't slow down, every major tech company are involved now, and not only Luckey in his basement.

That's a stupid argument and you're wrong. Of course there are better moments to jump into a technology. Development is not a good moment if you're not a developer, being able to afford it doesn't make for a good purchase. I can afford a Titan X, that doesn't mean I'd buy one ever.
If one of the key aspects of the product isn't quite there yet, it is not time to buy it. In this case, resolution is simply lacking, therefore it is not the time.
An entire suit will NEVER EVER be really relevant for everyone because no one will bother putting on a fucking suit every time they want to play, much less with the on-going trend for more casual players and games. It is simply too much of a hassle. Same with treadmills, I might end up getting one, but I'm a niche gamer from the get go (being into simulators and all that). Not having some highly task specific niche accessories for it isn't a deal breaker for the technology, not delivering something good at the core is.

Speaking of secondary controls, what the fuck ever happened with leapmotion, that thing looked kickass, way better than the vive's wiimote nunchuks

way ahead of you, chief

I stopped reading because i completely disagree with you, you obviously lack a sense of perspective on the matter. Sometimes you just want to be curious no matter the stage of advancement or the costs. I am quite happy with my purchase as it is. Never felt better actually.

Thought it was the same shit. Also I'm only using sitting VR

Of course if you put subjective appreciation above all you can justify everything, from dying your hair to suicide. Now, If you do an objective and fully rational analysis, it is pretty clear that you made the wrong choice.
End of the story.

Not only it doesn't let you stand, it is more closed than the other alternatives and tracking isn't as great.

FOV is worse than the Vive too. I think the only thing it has going for it is it has less of a screen door effect.

In your story i made a mistake, that's the story you keep telling yourself, maybe it helps copping with your indecision or some case of force majeure, I don't know, i am not you. I can assure you that i am exploiting my headset as much as i should. You want me to question my investment and in all regards, i did pretty well. I rationally do not regret my decision at all. Do you?

Plus, my neighbor caught me fapping through the windows with my headset on, worth every penny i tell you.

I think part of if its worth it or not depends on your financial situation. I'm a single engineer with no debts. So to me my $800 purchase was great. If I had a family to support or had student loans, then I'm not sure, maybe.

Yeah, you have no clue about whatever is around you when you have the headset on. Luckily, I never open my blinds anyway.

I have a vive and the PS move rifle which I bought a while back for cheap, when the pucks come out I'm buying one and attaching it to the gun and making a shitty unity game to fuck around in.

I'm hopeful that I can also hook up the move controllers to my PC so I can use the inputs too.

I took it to a friends house to demo it to some people. One guy smacked his 3 year old son in the face, another person kicked the dog near enough off its feet. A third person smashed a ceiling light.

But the Vive was ok so who cares? :P

But can you properly hug her?

That's way too lewd, user.
>tfw Illusion will never ever make a VR game about qt girls doing qt stuff to each other

The price is what gets me, $700 is way too fucking much for basically just a screen with two lenses in front of it. The sweet spot would be if they can knock down prices to around $300-$400 which isn't unreasonable, especially considering not everyone has a system that can handle VR well, so many people are going to have to upgrade anyways on top of it

Why the fuck would you stand for VR? Do you stand in front of your computer screen when your using it? Do you stand up watching a movie or t.v?

To play the only good VR title, onward. No need to walk, but you need to stand to play it properly. Same applies to other game, if you're sitting, you're limiting input in some full VR games.

Because it's not just a screen with two lenses in front of it. It's a perfect 1:1 head/hand tracking system.

Using it sitting down is missing at least half the fun of it.

1. HITTING SPACE TWICE BEFORE TYPING IS NOT AN INDENT.
2. STOP USING REDDIT SPACING, YOU COCKSUCKING FAGGOT. LEARN WHAT A PARAGRAPH IS.
3. GET THE FUCK OUT ANYWAY.

Not even the porn is that interesting. Seriously whens the 2nd gen shit coming out so I can time when to sell this crap better?

That's not reddit spacing

This is

I want to stand up because your character is standing. The complete immersion is the whole point of VR, being basically inside the game. Why would you spend $600-$800 and only use it as a 3d tv that's stuck to your face?

It is a lot better than any 3D TV. Depth perception is really noticeable. But yeah, he is a retard, if he wanted to play sitting he should have gotten a OSVR HDK2 headset, of course, it has its own share of problems, but at least you're not overpaying too much for it.

Let me raise you from this bottomless pit of sorrow.

Only a retard would stand up playing a fucking video game

Sitting down is the only reason for enjoying a game. Most of us work for a fucking living and don't want to do more work just to play a fucking video game. This shit is child-tier garbage like the Wii and is the reason no one is buying it

Nice resentment.

Hello murkian. Have you had your three requisite cheeseburgers today?

Edgy Hymie.

translation- "I don't have the shekels for VR so stop talking about something I can't use. I sit and bitch about the net being way too mainstream now [which it is], but then I lash out at people who worked like a nigger picking cotton and so can have shekels I don't."
that about right?

My dad has one, these are my recommendations.

Makes HTC Vive compatible with most Oculus Rift games and software. Works surprisingly well and allows you do things like accurately emulate the Virtual Boy.
Surprisingly decent survival horror type-thing. Reloading and switching weapons takes some time to get used to though.
Fuck around with some cartoony environments, not a lot of depth but it's fun, and piratable.
These games work so well in VR, it's almost as if this was the way they were meant to be played.
VR port/remake of Serious Sam 1. Avoid The Last Hope since it's just a dull on-rails thing.
One of the most immersive games and so-far the best aircraft simulator. You'll need a flightstick though.
Really cool and elaborate emulator frontend that simulates a virtual arcade environment. Highly recommended, even the demo version allows you to do a lot.
Similar to New Retro Arcade, but in a sports bar without arcades. Allows for more amusing interaction though and you can break almost everything and make a large mess.
Allows you to explore the world in VR, surprisingly effective, though going down to human scale makes everything look like shit.
Demonstration of the Vive with Portal characters, has some neat minigames and it's free.

*New Retro Arcade not Real

I would really like to get into VR, but 99.999% of the actual VR games, as opposed to glorified techdemos to sucker normalfags, are FAN-MADE MODS FOR DECADE-OLD GAMES. Every new game built for VR, every official conversion, is either techdemo-tier or cut down.

I look at great VR mods like Half-Life 2, Doom 3, and Serious Sam, thinking this is how these games SHOULD have played originally, then look at "professional" "VR" "games" from filmschool "indy" dropouts and past-their-prime old faggots, thinking about how these worthless abortions are going to kill the medium AGAIN.

Worse, there seems to be a dedicated misinformation campaign by SJWs and their bootlicker devs inside the industry to provide technical justification for their abuse of teleportation, cages, segmented turning, etc. Namely, by pretending that the majority of people are genetically incapable of playing actual games in VR:
archive.is/X9cAi

Now, I haven't used a modern VR helmet (last one I wore was back in the '90s at an SGI convention), but I can't help thinking of a childhood friend in the early '90s around the 2D-3D transition. He was as hardcore a gamer as anyone, played for hours a day for years, but then games like Marathon, Doom, and especially Descent started coming out, dude got motion-sick from a dozen minutes of playtime, even puked a couple times. It was like an urban legend come true, but eventually he got over it, and he's the only individual I personally knew who ever had that reaction, including our moms and my sister.

I would like to know three things, if anybody has hard numbers on the following:
1) How common is VR sickness? I mean this in terms of a percentage of people who try VR in a formal study.
2) Among those who have it, how severe is it among what fraction?
3) How long does it take to acquire "VR legs" for those who get sick? How many people (if any) are incurable?

I have had it since release month, trying to develop a game for it. And not one of those cheap cash grabs, I want to make a game for me.

Onward has been my most played game on it.

VR industry is too scared to gather real numbers on motion sickness because if they find out that a majority of people get sick then they think they will tank their potential sales because no one will want to spend a stack of Franklins on something that will make them puke.

Depending on who you ask, somewhere between 40% and 60% of those who first try it. As far as I know there are no studies with a big enough sample size it's generally in the very low 2 digit region that you could call it representative without a couple dozen quotation marks around the word.
Somewhere around 5% to 10%.

That's the numbers you get from dev talks, for example on GDC jewtube channel. If you know how biased the GDC is towards inclusivity then these seem to be the upper end of the possible range: around 40% of every untrained person, with at most 5% being incurable by mere repeated exposure without any training methodology applied.

bump

What a time to be alive.

user, most companies don't bother making actual games for PC and consoles as a whole, you can't expect to have actual games on a niche of a niche with a rather high price entry-point. There is no market that would justify devs wasting money on it.
I believe it might eventually become more popular, we need cheaper HMD with better resolution and accessible enough hardware that can make use of it. Once that happens (if it doesn, it might be between a year and two from now) some people will start making actual games for it instead of gimmick try outs as we get now.
Mind you, Onward is going places as it is, that faggot might end up delivering an actual game down the line.
Some old games forced to work on VR are actually pretty good and make good use of the peripheral and the advantages it offer over regular display. But most are shit.

If you have money to spare, go for it. From a rational point of view, it is not the right time to jump into it.

Motion sickness is stupidly overblown. Remember that most journalist aren't gamers, they won't bother trying the gimmick more than once since they just need to take a picture wearing the shit to "report" about it on their shit site. Back in the days, some people used to get sick while playing the first fully 3D FPS.