Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W7K_642-JaU?t=2011
gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/
we.tl/uaok9OYhei
mediafire.com/file/gt356x2847nbd49/Athena's *SS MHFU v3.42b.rar
manavault.de/mh/mhp2g-mhfu/wc_mhfu/
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What we know about MHXX

-Monster Hunter XX, or Double Cross, is basically the G version of MHX in everything but name.
-Despite Tsujimoto's appearance in the Direct, Kojima's still the Producer for this title, so it is likely Monster Hunter 5 is still in the works.
-3DS exclusive, release date is March 18 2017
-Manufacturer price will be 5800+tax = 6264 for the package version, or 5546+tax = 5990 for the download version. E-Capcom will also have an exclusive limited edition for 11800+tax = 12744
-The E-Capcom limited edition includes
–the package version of the game
–a mini shoulder bag
–A 32 page A4 size Monster Hunter XX Production Note
–a Creators (sic) Selection Soundtrack with five tracks (MHXX theme song "Proof of a Hero ~ MHXX Short ver.", the new field "Igunrei's" hunting theme "Sacred Peak of the Heavens", and 3 songs sung by the Nekojou "Kati" and her younger sister "Milshi" 's unit "Miracle☆Milk Tea": "Trabelna ~ Miracle☆Milk Tea Short ver.", "Proof of a Hero ~ Miracle☆Milk Tea Short ver", and "Cute Airu ~ Miracle☆Milk Tea Short ver") 「MHXXのテーマ曲「英雄の証 ~ MHXX Short ver.」、新フィールド「遺群嶺」の狩猟テーマ「天空の聖嶺」、そしてネコ嬢「カティ」とその妹「ミルシィ」のユニット「ミラクル☆ミルクティ」が歌う3曲、「トラベルナ ~ ミラクル☆ミルクティ Short ver.」、「英雄の証 ~ ミラクル☆ミルクティ Short ver.」、「可愛いアイルー ~ ミラクル☆ミルクティ Short ver.」」
-A pair of exclusive 3DS themes will be included with first print copies of the game.
-As normal for G versions, data carryover from the base game will be implemented.
–Progress in the story and completion of quests will be kept. However, the player's Hunter Rank will be lowered to 8 if it is higher than that, and Hunter Rank Points will be reset to a certain, unspecified amount. Play time will also be reset. Like in previous titles, these stats will be recorded in a "medal" 「勲章」 in XX.
–Upon transferral, players may opt to change their character's name and appearance as if starting a new character entirely. If the player opts to swap genders, any gender-locked equipment they have will be switched for the version for the appropriate gender. If none exists, it will be sold and converted to Zenny. When this occurs, the skill ornaments in said equipment will be removed and placed in the Item Box, or automatically sold if the Item Box is full.
–All weapons, armor, Otomo equipment, protection stones, Items, My Sets, and Zenny will carry over. However, some equipment will have stats modified in XX from X, and those will be updated accordingly.
–Quest status, including that for Special Permission Quests (the ones to fight the Two Name Monsters) will be wholly kept. However, Event and Challenge Quests (DLC) will not carry over. Some but not necessarily all of the DLC from X is planned to be rereleased later.
–Otomos that have been hired will be carried over at their current level. However, any unhired Otomos will be purged. Like with equipment, there will be rebalances for the Otomo/Nyanters from X to XX. While status of Otomo Board Special Training Requests will all be reset, the status of the Otomo will be set as if the Special Training had been completed.
–Quests, Otomos, and Guild Cards being held by Mr. Postman will not carry over.
–MonNyan Squad Request Status, Aimless Hunter Request Status, Trade Counter Request Status, and Maka Alchemy Request Status will all be reset, though MonNyan Squad members will be set as if the request had been finished. Any as of yet unclaimed items will be discarded, and any items or Zenny used in making requests will not be refunded.
–The Guild Card's "Hunter Life Diary" "Friendship Level" "Equipment Register" and "Card List" will not carry over.
–"Arrangement of Combination List" "Otomo Scout Conditions" and "Block List" will not carry over.
-Minor bonuses can be acquired if one has save data from Monster Hunter Stories.
-New Field: 遺群嶺, Igunrei. A non-word made up of kanji that roughly come out to "ancient ruins" "group" and "peak." A newly discovered field in a mountain higher than any visited before.
-Returning fields: "Toride" 「砦」 "Fortress", "Mitsurin" 「密林」 "Jungle", and "Sabaku" 「砂漠」 "Desert"
-G Rank Quests are confirmed, as is a new base for them, the 龍識船 Ryuushikisen, "Dragon" "Consciousness" "Ship".

Monsters
-Diablos and Raoshanron from the original Monster Hunter, Babaconga from Monster Hunter 2, and Berios and Bolboros from Monster Hunter 3 are confirmed to return.
-Diablos has a Two Name version now, 鏖魔ディアブロス, Ouma (Slaughter Devil) Diablos, who is described as the "Chief" of the Two Name Monsters.
-Other new title monster alongside Ouma Diablos is an Old Dragon type 銀翼の凶星 バルファルク "The Silver Winged Fellstar, Balfalk" who has his own exclusive battlefield.
-The Shitennou monsters from X now all have Two Name forms. In addition to Jinmetsujin (Incinerating Blade) Dinovalde returning from X, XX will introduce Tengen (Heaven Eye) Tamamitsune, Seidenshu (Blue Electric Master) Raizex, and Ginrei (Snow Covered) Gamoot.

Player Actions
-In addition to the four returning Styles, two new Hunting Styles are confirmed
–Brave Style is an offensive style built around the philosophy of staying on the offensive. It introduces a unique action called Noutou Keizoku 「納刀継続」, or "Sheathing Continuation," which can then lead into one of two other actions. Inashi 「イナシ」, "Sidestep," triggers when attacked during Noutou Keizoku and induces the player to dodge through the attack while taking reduced damage that appears to be all red bar, and is meant to allow the player to stay close to the monster to continue attacking. The player can also simply attack out of Noutou Keizoku, inducing a Noutou Cancel Attack 「納刀キャンセル攻撃」. Noutou Keizoku is induced by holding the sheathing button (Y) while the weapon is unsheathed, and will be maintained while the player does so, but drains both health and stamina, albeit with the former becoming red rather than totally lost. In addition, Brave Style users gain a "Brave Gauge" over the top of their player name, which builds up by attacking the monster, as well as through executing Inashi. Noutou Cancel Attacks build up the gauge faster than normal attacks. When the Gauge is filled, Brave Condition 「ブレイブ状態」 is induced, with effects varying based on the chosen weapon. Brave Style can equip one Hunting Skill.
–Renkin Style (short for 錬金術, "Renkinjutsu," or Alchemy) is a support focused style. Like with Brave Style, players acquire a gauge placed over the top of their name, though rather than a gradual build like the Brave Gauge, the Renkin Gauge is a five bar meter. As time passes it will gradually fill, though it can be sped up by attacking the monsters. Furthermore, the Item list will gain a new entry, the Maka Renkin Barrel 「マカ錬金タル」 for use with this meter. By using the barrel, the player will begin an animation of shaking a barrel to mix items by consuming Renkin Gauge bars, with the option to make better items by consuming more bars and spending more time shaking. Furthermore, by creating items, Renkin Style users will be able to enter a more powerful SP Condition than normal (more on that below.) Renkin Style can equip three Hunting Skills.
-New Hunting Skills, including ones for each weapon class, are confirmed but not yet revealed.

-SP Hunting Skills, or Style Powerup, have been introduced as well. Regular Hunting Skills can be designated as an SP Skill, and in addition to their normal effect, when activated the player as well as all allies (Otomo Airu, or other Hunters/Nyanters in multiplayer) will enter SP Condition 「SP状態」, a condition with effects varying based on the type of player/ally.
–Guild: The usage animations for healing and trap items (as well as potentially other items) speeds up, shortening the usage time.
–Striker: Hunting Skill gauges will slowly build up even when the player is not attacking.
–Aerial: The timing for recovery of Stamina lost from Step Jumping off a monster speeds up.
–Bushido: The reception time for Just Actions increasing, allowing for easier Just Evades and Just Guards.
–Brave: The Brave Gauge builds faster.
–Renkin: The Renkin Gauge builds faster.
–Nyanter: The amount of Support Gauge used for Support Actions is lowered.
–Otomo Airu: Support Actions are more likely to trigger.
-SP Skills are set in the equipment box when setting up Skills normally by pressing the R button. For most Styles, only one Skill can be an SP Skill, but Renkin Style can set all three as such. Furthermore, as items are produced using the Maka Renkin Barrel, Renkin Style users can "upgrade" their SP Condition with additional effects (it's unclear whether this superior SP Condition applies only to the Renkin user or affected allies as well.)
–SP Condition II: The loss of maximum stamina gauge is slowed.
–SP Condition III: Health will slowly regenerate.
–SP Condition IV: It will become easier to make attacked monsters flinch.
-While Nyanters and Otomo Airu cannot use Hunting Skills, they will get a special Support Action to induce SP Condition.
-Nyanters have been buffed and dependent on their Support Tendency can now use "Just Guard" ala Bushido Style, as well as "Aerial Dodge" ala Aerial Style. Furthermore, a new Support Tendency, Beast, has been confirmed. This new Tendency has a unique Support Action, Beast Change Skill 「ビースト変化の技」, that puts the Otomo/Nyanter into "Beast Condition" 「ビースト状態」 which specializes in close range attacks. By hitting the monsters with the finishing move of the Beast condition's combo attack, "Claw Finish" 「爪フィニッシュ」, the Otomo/Nyanter can power themself up in an escalating fashion similar to the Kiba combos employed by Tachi users.
–Tier 1: "Cat's Bracing Skill" 「ネコのふんばり術」(When attacks would make the player fall on one's rear, that animation is omitted) and "Cat's Safe Fall Skill" 「ネコの受け身術」(Super Armor) activate, and immunity to some monster screams and wind pressure is granted.
–Tier 2: Critical Hit rate increases
–Tier 3: SP Condition activates

I wonder if healing and charisma cats will ever be useful/viable

Is there any info not in the OP that's in those Famitsu pages?
And isn't there a second set of Famitsu news that an user said he'd have a look at?

The Famitsu pages are the source for some of the info regarding XX. I picked up the new issue of Famitsu and am doing translation stuff at the moment. The main thing that wouldn't be obvious from images though is the details of the new Hunting Skills and Nyanter/Otomo shit.

Has anyone got a webm or link to gameplay of the deviant tama, haven't been able to find it.

If you mean the Two Name version for Tamamitsune getting debuted in XX, here: youtu.be/W7K_642-JaU?t=2011

I always used healing minions since 3U, I don't see how they're not viable.

My penis was confused for a bit.

As for XX and English release, there's a homebrew tool that is fairly new that allows for really easy translations of game text.
Hopefully someone can just use the text files from the MHX English translation and add the new stuff from XX so we get almost 100% English XX before the G variant comes to En regions, if at all.

Wonder if it will come; MHG sold underwhelmingly in NA and EU.

Is the game playable on old ds?

His name is "Gor☆geous" 「ゴー☆ジャス」 and as far as I can tell he's just a general entertainer. He's a recurring face on Capcom TV though, so if you follow MonHun news you'll see him a fair bit.

On the original DS no, on the old 3DS yes.

What i meant, sorry. Also my question was more along the lines of "does it run well?"

I've never had problems with 3G, which is the only one I played on old 3DS. No idea on 4G or X though.

give detox horn to a support or defender cat and he will do everything the heal cat do and more

MH4U has frame-drops if several big monsters are on-screen at once but otherwise is rock-steady. No clue about MHG.

Ouma Diablos - Has a new "crazed rage mode" 「狂暴走状態」 beyond the normal rage mode. Seems able to cause explosions.

Balfalk - When in rage mode, the head and wings will turn black from the dragonic energy activating. It's attacks will likewise become more vicious.

Oborogakure Holoro Holuru 「朧隠ホロロホルル」 - It releases a special silvery powder that it can cloak itself in like a mantle or cape to hide itself. It can launch it's feathers in a shockwave attack, and also gained the ability to steal items like Geryos.

Nerskyura and Grabimos have returned.

Hunting Skills

大剣/Great Sword - Moon Break「ムーンブレイク」. The Hunter uses the massive bulk of the weapon to launch themselves into midair, then slams the monster with a cleave ideal for breaking parts or flinching monsters.

片手剣/Sword and Shield - Konton no Jinyaku 「混沌の刃薬」(Chaotic Blade Drug.) The Hunter lunges forward, dragging their blade against the shield to ignite the specially mixed Blade Drug with the friction. As such, it applies said drug while attacking, giving the blade the effects of all four normal Blade Drugs: Kaishin 「会心」, Juugeki 「重撃」, Metsuki 「滅気」, and Shingan 「心眼」.

太刀/Long Sword - Youtou Rasetsu 「妖刀羅刹」(Mystic Sword Rasetsu/Rakshasa) The Hunter's attack is temporarily increased. Throughout the duration of the effect, the Hunter's health will steadily decrease, but by attacking the monster health can be recovered (presumably similar to the effect from 4G.)

双剣/Dual Blades - Rasenzan 「ラセンザン」 (Spiral Slash? no kanji given.) The Hunter charges forward while spinning with the blades. When the weapons dig into the softer parts of the target monster's flesh, the Hunter can use the whole of their body slash forward, dealing great damage.

ハンマー/Hammer - Impact Plus/Pulse 「インパクトプルス」. For the duration of the skill, the Hunter's charged attacks will unleash a shockwave that does an additional attack.

狩猟笛/Hunting Horn - Animaatohai (I don't have the first clue what this is trying to say)「アニマートハイ」. The Hunter can instantly shift into a faster than normal perform attack after doing a dodge action with invincible time.

操虫棍/Insect Glaive - Kakuchuu Kyouka 「覚蟲強化」(Awakened Bug Strengthen). The bug's stamina will decrease but it's movement speed will be greatly enhanced.

ランス/Lance - Chiyu no Tate 「治癒の盾」(Healing Shield.) The Hunter applies a health restoring medicine to their shield and utilizes the shockwaves of attacks the shield takes to restore themselves as well as nearby allies.

ガンランス/Gunlance - AAフレア (Anti-Air Flare.) A cannon attack type Hunting Skill possessing qualities for surface-to-air interception. The Hunter fires all shots into the air then follows up with a Dragon Attack Cannon 「竜撃砲.」 The latter does not activate if the Gunlance is currently cooling down though.

弓/Bow - 身躱し射法 (Evasive Archery.) A Hunting Skill that combines offense and defense into one by allowing the user to fire a charged shot behind them as they evade an attack. Should the player hold the button while dodging, the shot will not be taken, and the charge will be held as normal.

ライトボウガン/Light Bowgun - チャージショット (Charge Shot.) Enables the Hunter to charge up Level 1 Normal Bullets 「LV1通常弾」 to levels 2 or 3.

スラッシュアックス/Switch Axe - テンペストアクス (Tempest Axe.) A Hunting Skill that strengthens the Axe Mode State. The Hunter will not feel the weight of the weapon and be able to move about and swing the weapon quickly while in the Axe Mode State.

チャージアックス/Charge Blade - チェインソーサー (Chain Saucer.) Slash the foe with a spinning shield attack using the sword attack energy, which is returned to the bins at the end of the attack. If the R button is pressed at this point, the shield's element will be strengthened.

へビィボウガン/Heavy Bowgun - 射突型裂孔弾 (Piercing Shot Stance Esophageal Hiatus Bullet.) A shot that does slashing element damage.

G runs alright, but sometimes loading zones are noticeably longer, and the same thing for big monsters, usually a bit of slowdown once a new monster spawns/appears.

There's also a few new Nyanter/Otomo Airu skills, but the main one is that they now have one that does モドリ玉 (Return Ball, teleports you back to the start point) for gathering runs. You can also now replace Support Actions and Skills a cat has, but the new skill will be randomized.

That's the one, thanks.

Played 3, 4, 4U and G on a 2DS.
Never had a frame drop or any noticeable slow down.

Only thing that I ever noticed was on 4U, it would sometimes appears to go over the frame limit, which I thought was capped to 30, but was clearly hitting at least 45.

N3DS runs them better, obviously, but O3DS and 2DS work fine.

Can you tell me the English names of those monsters? Otherwise, thanks for that, looks neat.
I assume Nerskyura is the Nerscrylla, which will make my brother quite happy, as he wouldn't play X with me as it had no spider waifu.

Also, as a GS main, as in I don't play anything but, that Moon Break sounds great for hunting shiny drops and tail breaks.

I hope that axe mode is made viable once again, feels like MHX ruined switch axe by removing the need for a gauge and handing out infinite sword mode.

That'd be end-of-mission where it does boost the framerate because there aren't any monsters to worry about anymore. N3DS runs the game in that boost permanently.

You're right about O3DS/2DS running them all just fine, MH is perfectly playable if you're not an autist that whinges about unrealistic 60FPS expectations all the time.

No, it was often mid-hunt.
First time I noticed it was Apex Seregios, right after it shot and missed :^) the tail spikes.

As for unrealistic 60FPS expectations, there's no need to worry about that in MHG/X. It's capped to 30FPS because Capcom love us and wanted those shiny particles.

Oh dear. Hang in there monster hunter thread!

Hm, I never noticed any similar framerate boosts in the middle of a hunt. Maybe I'm just stupid and it sailed right over my head.

General will explode in March, then again if/when XX gets localised.

This happened before a while after 4U came out but yeah once MHX came out the thread exploded again. It's natural since MonHun isn't a game that constantly changes or has competitions or anything. In between releases the community starts to shrink.

My Google-fu is coming up with:

Diablos = Diablos
Holoro Holuru = Malfestio
Geryos = Gypceros
Nerskyura = Nerscylla
Grabimos = Gravios

I should've mentioned this earlier, but like the English for the weapon names in that post, take it with a grain of salt, I've never played the foreign versions of MonHun, so these are the result of Googling. Apologies if they're off.

That name sounds better, but Malfestio is still good.

Gravios and Nerscrylla coming back are nice. Wonder if they'll bring in deviants or just shove more hypers and deviants down our throats.

I meant bring in 2 names.

Don't worry user, the threads will get a new boost once XX comes out, and then a fucking HARD REVIVE if XX is localized, in that scenario we'll have the opposite problems where threads will hit bump limit too fast.

The only Two Names we have confirmed so far are Diablos and the Shitennou, and the fact that Diablos was in at all was announced as the Two Name, Ouma Diablos. If I had to guess, any Two Names of older monsters will be unveiled before it's formally announced that their base monster is returning, but who knows.

And if Capcom ever decides to make an HD Monster Hunter for the Switch these threads will be flooded with all the "Where should I start from?" faggots.

And autists arguing about hammer or short swords instead of actually posting a goddamn room.

I'll quit MH once it makes the jump to switch, tho.
I'm not paying a service to play online on consoles.
Ever.

Is it monthly pay for the game, or just for online shit? Though I'm convinced the Switch will bomb anyway since it's not portable

It's just for the online. Here's hoping they pull a Tri and whatever game on the Switch has split screen for us to get multiplayer enjoyment out of.

Well since the switch controller is basicly two small controllers to always have a multiplayer option I think it wouldn't be that far fetched and I think having rental armor and weapon sets system based on other players online via codes/guild cards for a second offline player to use to play guild quest offline with you would be a really neat idea

At least it's only for the multiplayer shit then. Still not a practice I support, and I probably won't get the Switch anyway until they make an SS version, but at least in the case of MonHun it's not that important.

So is save editing a thing at all yet?

It's been a thing for ages
gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/

Well at least now it won't be hard to get back what I had before.

Why did you delete your game without making a backup?

Probably figured I wasn't going to back to it, just now randomly decided I was bored and realized I never fought shit like amatsu.

yeah but a gens save is like, less than the size of an average webm

Takes effort to actually get, didn't have a save manager at the time, and it's too late to say this anyway because I deleted everything months ago.

How did you delete it? Because MHX saves the game to the SD card as Extra Data, rather than as normal save file data. You might still have it.

how the f*ck do I beat Furious Rajang? His sanic attack gets me every fucking time I can't seem to dodge it

Famitsu preview came out.
This info comes from Famitsu

So I got a new SD card for my 3ds and found out my saves are in my old shitty one. Anyway I can tell which is my MHG save?

It better have a revamped moveset instead of that 'fresh from the FU resource bank' nonsense. 4U made hermitaur fun, I'm sure double cross can make ceanataur a bit more interesting

If you have cfw use jksv, export the 'extdata', import it on the new card. If not you might be best to just copy all the data over to the new sd-card, there are a lot a of weird dependencies built into the raw save data of most games on the 3ds. It's not that hard to fnd the data if you want to try copying it across directly though, it should be ok to do so but I can't help you with where on the sd card mhgen's savedata files are located.
I think it's also possible to get jksv and save backups through homebrew launcher without installing cfw if you're concerned about using cfw for whatever reason.

I'll probably get a preowned Switch. As long as I can get it for $100 or more less than retail, I'd be fine with paying for online for a few years. Apparently it's no more than $30 a year, so it's better than what MS and Sony are trying to pull.

Still not a good thing to come out of the industry, but I'm still hoping it's just a ruse they're going to drop and make it seem like they're cool and willing to give it out for free. Just some of the ways they've been speaking about it make it seem like they only know that it's paid online, and don't actually have it sorted out internally.

Of course, if there's no MonHun and at least 2 other decent games, I won't get it at all.

So I decided to go back and try out Freedom and I've just decided to just skip it and go to freedom unite, after getting trapped in a corner by 3 bullfango constantly charging at me until I died. Is there any good reason to play Freedom?

Are you sure the ID is right? I can't find it

play monster hunter 2 and get rammed by 6 bullfango instead :^)

Fuck yoy faggot, you stole my quads

bullfango quads

Forgive me. I ditched out early. New one, if anyone is interested. Be here for a while this time.
18-7176-1696-0923

Note: I'm so bad I forgot that you can't use a shock trap on a raging zinogre.

Sorry for leaving halfway through, I had to go.
I'm home again now if you're still yp for some, it was fun.

A new trailer was shown today

Why that thumbnail?

apparently the teaser for this game shows a monster similar to the concept of the equal dragon weapon

Well there is a mechanical monster in it but it's like made of wood and shit like a comedy monster built by felynes or something. Not really anything like the equal dragon weapon.

does the mhxx demo work on 11.2?

where can I get the mhxx demo?

Supposedly they are including lan style connection as well so if you happen to have friends, or someone clever works out a system to connect the lan like tunngle or something, you can still do multiplayer if you are smart enough to use the lan system

If they are, cause the system allowing lan doesn't mean they will use it

Yeah the Switch at least right now is really pushing LAN play since it's a portable. They're advertising lan mode for Splatoon 2, of course all that shit might change when Nintendo learns they're losing subscriptions to tunngle or whatever the modern equivalent is. Like when people were playing double dash online with warppipe.

Capcom really gets nothing out of disabling LAN in fact they would probably lose shit in Japan since that allegedly is how most people play multiplayer there.

yooo, what the hell was that thing at the end there? consider my interest piqued.

It will but sales will surge after it gets hacked

the deepest lore.

It's not a portable though, it's way too bulky. It's very blatantly trying to sell to the West by leaning more towards the TV hookup angle.

WHAT?!
Metal Gear?!

I played the XX demo for a bit. I'm still not sure how I feel about the new styles; they're both too complex (with most weapons) to get a good opinion on so quickly. Though from my first impressions Brave GL feels awful and I can't see it being usable with wide; and with normal, using a full burst outside of the brave mode seems like it cripples you. Maybe with long it could be okay. When you're not in brave mode, you can't do a full reload, and you can't do a quick reload after a shot; instead, your full reload is replaced with the 1 shell quick reload. Sheathing takes even longer just fuck my shit up but you can use the brave sheath to do a stab and quick reload right after. You also start wyvern's fire from a sheath instead of a guard for some reason. Once you fill the brave gauge, that brave-stab reloads 4 shells (only normal is in the demo so I don't know what it'll do with long or wide; 1 less than full, or filling them?) while it's attacking and your regular reload also loads 4. You can also chain the brave-stab into a rapid fire shot combo. Also, as far as I can tell, you can't do charged shots at all.

I have almost no experience using DBs, but I decided to try Brave DBs too. So far they feel like regular DB but worse, because "Demon" mode is locked behind a gauge you need to fill, kind of like how Archdemon mode normally is. But there's no Archdemon mode, and the gauge fills much slower than the Archdemon gauge. Could someone more experienced with DBs weigh in on this?

No…
This… This is the weapon to surpass metal gear.

The more that I think about it the more it seems actually plausible.
First and foremost the direction the tech in MGS was heading post IV and MGR is pretty much artificial life. Like the gekkos and shit, and then with V they added in that strange parasite shit. The only thing its missing is nuclear capabilities, and it looks to be missing an arm.

I've known about that for ages, but are we finally going to be able to hunt it?

Am I the only one that wishes that capcom would do away with hunting styles/arts when they actually get around to making MH5?
Also am I the only one that dislikes how over-powered the hunters are getting now?

Im just hoping the MH dev team will go back to Sony for MH5, put it on the PS4
Because I really dont want to play MH on handhelds anymore.
And I really, really, really, dont want to buy a fucking Switch.

Hunting Styles and Skills are only in Cross, which is not the main team. Don't count on them sticking around for the main series.

Handhelds are where the series is going to stay because that's what makes money. On the bright side, that's also why it's probably not moving to the Switch.

You definitely aren't the only one. The styles and stuff make the hunters feel much more stronger than the actual monsters they fight which ruin the natural style of the series and makes the monsters less threatening to fight in general. I also feel that they make the meta side of MH more apparent.

Are you kidding? Switch has monster hunter on lock down, sony isn't making a new handheld and the 3DS is on it's way out. That leaves the switch as the only "handheld" until Nintendo shits out a 3DS successor. That's why it's pre-orders are selling out in japan, they are lapping up the portable aspect of it.

They're going to stick with the 3DS until either Nintendo makes a new real handheld, or until they make an SS revision of the Switch. That thing is going to flop hard because they're focusing too much on the TV side instead of making it a handheld.

It's on it's last fucking legs, it will get 1 more year maybe 2 tops until a successor is announced or devs just decide to go for the switch.
Do you just ignore 50 percent of the adverts that focus purely on the portable aspect? It may not sell well in the west but it won't have any problems in japan.

Monster Hunter is heading to that thing whether you like it or not, it the one system where capcom can finally get both the jap fanbase where they play nothing but handhelds and the western fanbase that have been begging for a console game again for years.

We just had DQM 3 Joker Pro, MHXX next month, Fire Emblem Gaiden's remake in April, and MH5 is all but guaranteed to be 3DS. It's doing fine.

Other way around - the thing is way too big. People don't whip out tablets on the train, they pull out their 3DS, Vita, or smartphone. It's going to fucking bomb here because they're focusing too hard on the TV angle to market it to the Westerners.

is there anyone still playing monster hunter 4? i'm only rank 5, doing the village quests.
I got a 3DS really late.

i meant i'm hunter rank 5, i had a friend help with some of the guild quests. he was the same level as me, i didn't have a rank 1000 guy carry me.
anyway someone had told me the game forces you to do village quests. i assume by that they meant some weapons require materials only found in village quests? that seems to be the case to me because i killed lots of rank 5 monsters and no new weapons were available for creation.

If you want to post a room in the next hour I can scale down and join.

No nothing like that the monsters don't drop anything different between village and guild stuff. Some village stuff is locked behind village quests like food ingredients. I can't really think of anything specific though maybe the wystones but you don't need those until G-rank. Village quests probably also unlock certain guild quests but I could be mixing this up with X/G.

jesus christ, nibelsnarf with a bow is absolutely painful. the guy's almost always fully submerged in the sand so my arrows just kinda glance off him, the dunes' weird terrain doesn't make it any easier. I started a bow+female hunter save file in my second slot and this is the only monster that's given me this much trouble so far.

For anyone who wants the demo.
we.tl/uaok9OYhei

I never really even liked the 3DS, or the fact that MH is trapped on it, but holy fuck you're really detached from reality.
3DS is far from dying.
Even with the release of the switch, it's far from dying.

I wish i could draw you a graph showing you just how little the japs give a fuck about home consoles, it's in negative value.
And home consoles are decreasing in popularity in the west too.
Going hybrid was a necessary step…but also dumb, because the switch makes for a lousy handheld, it's too fucking big to carry around.

It's gonna flop and a successor to the 3DS will pop up and until then the 3DS is going to continue being healthy, especially in japan.
People want handhelds, that's the simple truth.

That sounds awful, holy shit. Good luck getting that gauge up with all your buddies around.

Beautiful.

I don't know if Japs will love or hate the Switch.
On one hand, bigger screen and more buttons for more controls.
On the other, it's so big they can't pull it out and play easily on the train to work as their elbows will go into the person next to them.

Still hoping they replace the 3DS with a true handheld Switch that has a 50% smaller screen and tiny JoyCons.
A 3DS sized Switch with HDMI would sell like hotcakes in both JP and EU/NA.

This is basically going to be the defining issue.

That's why I think big Switch is for US, little one will be made for Japan, probably around the time of new MonHun just to sell to them.

Pretty much, the only way I can see the Switch flying here is if they make an SS version the way the 3/DS got an LL version.

FUCK JAPAN LET ME PLAY ALREADY

There's a new tool to edit game text on the 3DS, so hopefully they can use the MHX fanslation and just add all the G-rank shit.

but will the jap version be compatible with our current mhGen saves?

Hunt it? nigger i hope we get to use it against fatalis

You would have to convert the Gen save to a Cross save first to get your stuff transferred.

There's a converter for MHX to MHG, should be trivial to make it the other way around.
Just gotta be sure that XX to GG works.

Considering what we've seen of what they do, you might as well just play it in Japanese and make shit up if you don't already know the language, because the Westernized versions have only the barest of relations to what the game actually says.

Capcom localises well.

Admittedly, I don't play foreignizations, so I can't speak from first hand experience, and can only go by the screencaps and the like posted here. I can, however, tell you that nothing resembling the sort of text they wrote in the foreign version of the game appears in the actual game.

Eh, most of those changes are minimal.
The first one is a joke, though shit, but doesn't take anything away from the original.
The second is just helpful to the newcomers to MonHun who don't know what Key Quests are.

The 3rd is admittedly shit, but Capcom outsources the Phoenix Wright games last I checked, and they force them to make it Americanised, so perhaps Athena is actually spot on for an American woman.

3rd and 4th is kinda silly, but nothing terrible. Considering that "git gud" is 90% of the advice I've been given, I'm not surprised they mentioned it. Gaijin "The Cuck in the Closet" Hunter was the only help I had with learning GS combos and damage areas on swings.

Anyways, people only hate localisations when they just fuck with the lore or characters. MH has so very little lore outright thrown at your face. A lot of it is just scenery or off-handed mentions that are still included, so it's not much of a problem.

lorefags are the cancer of MH and I hope the monster at the end of that new trailer wasn't EDW just so they get btfo

They're all not translations, and in the case of the MonHun localizations they seem to be outright picking a fight with the actual fanbase. I don't have pictures, but the Gathering Area quest giver lady in X has a line about how "though we say they're multiplayer quests you can take them on solo just fine, so feel free to challenge yourself!" while from what Anons have said in prior threads, the foreign version went the exact opposite to make it something along the lines of "well you CAN do them solo, but who would ever do that? That's so stupid!" It's not translation in the slightest, and this is not a business practice that anyone should be supporting.

Well, it is a multiplayer game.

Anyways, until Capcom really fucks it over, the MH translations are fine.

No user, we need MH Lorefags to stop Paul WS Anderson from making that god awful film he wants to make.

No it isn't.

They already have.

I think for that particular case, it's the difference between MH being for the casual fanbase in Japan and for the hardcore fanbase in the rest of the world but don't quote me on that.
Caring about translations in MH games is really pathetic since nobody actually reads the text. They could localise all the character dialogue to doge memes and I don't think anybody would care as long as equipment and item descriptions are fine, which they are.

Oh right, the movie.

are you fucking retarded
that localisation was made for you

The original MH was made as a multiplayer game for the PS2 and it's a major factor to its popularity in Japan. You can ignore it all you want and play alone but it is an important aspect of the series.

Considering how much the foreigners harp on about wanting multiplayer and how it only seemed to sell well when online connectivity became a thing, I'd say the foreign fanbase is just as casual as the fanbase here.

You're spending your hard-earned money supporting talentless hacks who got their position because the HR director's friend's son can't get a real job with their Women's Studies degree. Just keep that in mind.

A localization that tries to discourage actually playing the game in favor of relying on being carried by others seems designed for the exact opposite audience.

Absolutely, the social aspect is what attracts the normalfags, which is why the franchise is one of the two most powerful series in gaming at the moment. That does not change the fact that you are not at any time required to bother with that function, or reduce the value of the game to a multiplayer title.

Well yeah, that's what I said. I'm just saying it's a fact that the series was made with multiplayer in mind. People can play however they want.

Fair enough, it was more in reaction to dismissing the series as a multiplayer game.

Meta-humour is absolutely unacceptable. It's like they looked at the translation style for tri, with the over-enthusiastic guildie, cha cha and the fact that it's a village of happy go lucky not!okinawans and thought not only 'Yeah, every character in this series needs to be translated as a hyper-active retard' but also that everything should be some kind of forced real-world reference, since like fuck having an internally consistent world am I right?

This is very true, the entire translation seems to be written by very petty people filled with self-hate that want to take it out on the people who actually play the games.

That's absolutely ridiculously and if you seriously believe that you must think that no one ever plays the game in english at all. The amount of japanese you need to know to understand the game perfectly goes well beyond a basic understand of the language or at the least a lot of patience with an extended kanji dictionary, but the amount of japanese you need to know to have a functional understanding of the game is absolutely trivial. If no one cared about the text in the game at all no one would ever play in english.

Monster hunter is balanced around being a perfectly viable solo challenge with no (well minimal) unfair or unenjoyable combat interactions, but the intial concept for the game was based around capcom attempting to expand their multiplayer franchises with several new concepts. If I recall correctly there was a failed racing type game that was launched around the same time as monster hunter was released that was one of the group of new ventures. I do agree that their is a lot more fun to be had playing by yourself, but strictly speaking it is a multiplayer game.

Lorefags are the cancer of any fantasy media because they confuse world building, thematic structure and internal consistency with petty little anecdotes lifted from some poor translation or concept art that supports whatever borderline fanfiction plot they want to believe in.

Fair enough I suppose. Still seems disingenuous to dismiss it as a multiplayer title when it's an actual game, but it does seem likely that what we got was simply a happy accident in their quest to make multiplayer things.

A lot of games that are multiplayer titles still offer a strong single player aspect, the difficulty with classifying monster hunter as multiplayer comes from online interactions being purely co-operative, so the core gameplay interaction (Human player v Computer controlled enemy) doesn't actually change with the introduction of another human agent. Just about every other multiplayer game changes dramatically with the addition of human players as it means the game undergoes a drastic change from human v cpu to human v human, so classifying monster hunter as multiplayer is a very soft classification depending more on its presentation and the intent of its creators than its content.

Perhaps that explains it then. The only games I play that even have a multiplayer aspect (beyond the sort of "switch controllers between stages" that, say, Mario does) that I'm aware of are this and Gundam Breaker, so admittedly I'm not overly familiar with the specific conventions of the genre.

I am all against hack frauds doing the localization work for videogames, especially for the ones I like, but come the fuck on.

Outside of EDW, "our future is their past" and superhumans(wyvernians, hunters) there is pretty much nothing to go on about, and even these concepts are dry for any kind of lore building.
You are likely confusing funposting with loreposting, unless there is some autistic part of the mh community outside of chans that you are trying to reference.

That's an absolutely ridiculous idea that was proven true with mhx launch. You may know something about mh's past, but don't pretend to be retarded for things that go against your arguments.
Well, mh developers are the first ones to blame for that, after p3rd the world's atmosphere went downhill and never climbed up ever since.
Gorillion hp dps testers, hyper and apex. That's a bit above minimal amount of bullshit for mh to be perfectly viable solo.

Video embeded related.

yeah, 4U brought in a lot of souls faggots for some reason and they tried to push their shit in

What exactly are you talking about? I could believe that they tried to, but to get a consistent flow of retardation which leaves a base for even more of it, that is something I'm not familiar with in mh community. MH just doesn't offer the conditions for lorefags to survive long enough to be a thing.
In other words, show me places lorefags reside in.

Now that's some top-tier Reddit autism mixed with imageboard shitposting.
They believe that every single item description is a page from the Game Bible and must be examined and run through anagram solvers to deduce it's true meaning.

I know it's a single player game as well. Hell, on MH4U, I finished Caravan 100% then all of Low/High on my own without going online, purely because I didn't care.

But the game does structure a lot of quests around having multiple people. Hyper monsters, for example, are made for multiplayer as they're just giant damage sponges.

Only lore is Fatalis destroyed world and all living people are humans with super strength. That's about it.

Brave DB is fucking amazing because you still technically have archdemon mode and R now makes you fucking run at mach speed which is extremely good for closing distances while also having a pseudo guard point at the start while in brave mode.

MHFU newfag, I need muh weapon trees because I don't know what the cool gunlances were that I wanted when I started this game like 3 years ago and I put it down.

Then it's a happy accident that it's just right for single player

What the fuck is a "hyper" monster? Is that a foreignization for the crazed dragon virus from 4 or something?

Never seen them, other than some mild discussions about concept arts.

That monster at the end is definitely going to be some joke monster put together by felynes that went berserk or something.

Oh yes, this is what I've been waiting for.

bump

The brave slash axe is too fucking good. I can finally switch instead of staying on OP as fuck sword mode since I can spam whirlwind and sword switch. Waiting for the motion value autists to shed more light…Hopefully spamming R in brave mode should be fun and efficient.

Describe to me in detail the flow while using it, i used to be an ex SA main before Generations.

you can freely switch during attacks and chain sword/axe combos, doing it deals extra damage

That's cool, so i guess all that's left is findinding an efficient loop integrating it.

Basically, when you start out you can't use most of the normal abilities such as switching after a motion. You can only switch while standing. You don't have the axe's combo finisher. In sword mode, you can't use the double slashes of A. However, when you sheath you can instantly use the finisher for the axe and the simple slash for the sword.

Once you enter brave mode you can switch between every attack or so with R. The switch attack deals extra damage. Switching from sword will make you instantly use the combo of the axe and if you keep spamming R you will use the finisher. Keep spamming R and you will return to sword mode and so on and so on. Also, during brave mode, you can discharge twice, I don't know if the motion value of that is still 80. Lastly, if you discharged and you still have some gauge left you don't revert to axe mode.

>>>/neogaf/

Alright so I have about 10 hours in MH4U and I don't know what fucking weapon to use. I want to use the Great Sword or the Gunlance but they feel so slow and clunky. What do I do? other than get good

Slower weapons require much more knowledge of the monster's behavior. Spend time watching how the monster moves and acts and learn to read and predict it. Like a more advanced 3D version of Space Invaders, attack where they're going to be when recovering from an attack animation rather than where they are now or, in other words, get good

At least you gave me advice on how to get good

hey MHXX is perfectly fine if you autists would stop complaining about 30 fps. 24 fps is perfectly fine, and I don't see why anyone would need more that 15 fps. The human eye can only see 5 fps anyways.

Get an armor with eva+1 and cruise through the early game

Whatever you do, don't use gunlance, it's the worst weapon in for you.

Just turn in into a painting. This way even Kotaku et al. cannot fail at it. Probably :^)

aerial switchaxe is extremely easy
other easy weapons are aerial insect glaive, striker SnS and adept (insert any gunner weapon)

Hey Capcom, just a piace of advice.

If you want to sell people on your new type of cat that's geared towards actually doing damage while hunting and convincing one of the most cynical and bitter playerbase on the face of the fucking planet that having a hunter cat isn't a wasted slot, HOW ABOUT YOU DON'T MAKE THAT CAT EAT SHIT IN ONE SWING

IN THE FUCKING

INTRO OF THE GAME

THE FIRST THING A PLAYER SEES WHEN HE BOOTS IT UP

Playing MHFU. Someone knows how to add the japanese dlc quests to the american version? Got the archives but i can't put more that 1 quest at the time. Im really sure the autistic MHFU user still lurking these threads

I don't know if japanese quests are working as intended or working at all, but I know that there exists an item replacement of jap dlc rewards that you can use for an american equivalent of equipment that isn't obtainable at all without save transferring or plain cheating.
I'm autistic not because I actually am, but because some people don't like my opinions and would rather call me words, rather than engage in conversation.

whats the best para weapon in gen?

Man, that poor fucking Barioth getting bullied to death

I started MHFU recently as well.
Are there any good resources for it, like Ping's dex for the later games?

So why the fuck are 4U's randoms so hilariously bad at the game?
Back in 3U randoms knew what sleep was, and you never saw no-skill clownsuiters on G-Rank, what happened?

That'd be hands down the Bokuno Pick

After several hours of playing with that chinese custom quest maker, I managed to get most of the jap dlc working. But thanks for the help. Uh, was thought it was for too much playing and getting enough knowlegde from the game for being autistic.

idk about Ping's dex, but got:
Athena's Armor Set Search mediafire.com/file/gt356x2847nbd49/Athena's *SS MHFU v3.42b.rar
and a weapon calculator: manavault.de/mh/mhp2g-mhfu/wc_mhfu/
If you need advice, you can beat almost all the low rank missions with full garuga set. Not sure what to use with gunners… Happy hunting.

At least I didn't score a bingo :^)

Why are people like this allowed to live?

Isn't Toukiden 2 doing this? Is there any way you could implement this into MonHun without completely fucking up the game or even making it better?

Because capcom, and for that matter all other AAA developers, wouldn't get their share of revenue coming after the next shitty game comes out.

Though now the more and more I think of interesting ideas, the more it shapes to look like an mmo, which rarely ever works. For example the next suggestion was that an online play doesn't really have to be started in the guild hall, and that you could just go in the area and join in on someones doing some quest or some shit.

Well, I did play long enough for it to be somewhat outstanding(1k h), but nothing supernatural. Though maybe I'm not considering the fact that many people that frequent monhun threads nowadays didn't even play much mhfu in the first place and don't understand my line of logic in the first place.

To go further with my ideas
>resting area outposts now make sense and serve as save points and yes, you'd have to go to village every time you want to make change to your equipment, it'll force you to prepare for longer(and for that matter actual) hunts not talking about items here

Thanks user

what about items and drop rates? I can only find lists for G-rank but not LR/HR

This is a legitimate complaint in gen 1 because you get LITERALLY ONLY ONE ITEM BOX PAGE FOR EVERYTHING, also item box stacks have the same stack limit as item pouch stacks, so enjoy a third of your item box being devoted solely to units of 10 honey and consumables.
The fixed this in freedom though, where they give you a second item page. What's that, you also have new monsters as well as a dozen extra subspecies that you need space for now? What are you whining about, we gave you an extra page :^)

Ok so, let's talk about brave vs adept.
I'm going to write down a couple of conclusions.

-Brave GL is basically the ultimate way to play GL
-Brave Bow is extremely good
-Brave GS is pretty good depending on how you play GS

Every other weapon isn't automatically better in brave, compared to it's adept version (i said this would be the case before the demo was even released and everyone here was just going "lel adept obsolete" etc, you weren't thinking things trough).

First of all brave is not a style that is focused around avoiding damage, at least not in the same way adept is.
Brave is a style divided in two "modes".
Until you fill out that gauge, your playstyle is STATIONARY FOCUSED and extremely limited.
After you fill out the gauge, your playstyle becomes a POWERED UP GUILDSTYLE.

When your gauge is full, you're not constantly in the monster's face, rather you're playing like you were playing any other MH guild style, except you're better at everything.
You still need to mantain a certain distance and propely understand when to go in, like you were playing guild, but it doesn't let you literally hug the monster's asshole the entire hunt like adept does.

Adept still has a role, in fact it's role it's more important than ever with G rank: it allows you to hunt something that can oneshot you virtually never taking any damage, ever.
Keep in mind that with the SP mode system, that adept dodge window is even bigger, leading to even less damage taken even if you're caught off guard.

I predict tons of people picking brave, and then eating shit SUPER HARD and triple carting like motherfuckers because they think it's adept 2.0.
It's not adept 2.0, it's guild.
It starts off as guild beta 0.5, and then after you fill up the gauge it becomes guild 2.0.

By the way just to expand on this in detail.

Specifically, i consider adept LS and brave LS to be exactly equal in usefulness.
Brave LS does allow you to stay on target much more than other brave weapons, but not to the point that adept allows you to.
Additionally, brave LS also trips the fuck out of people around you due to the nature of the playstyle, where adept LS is vertical focused and still remains the least disruptive way to play LS when playing online with other people.

Both brave LS and brave GL, while effective, are incredibly disruptive to other players as a side effect.
So expect to rage like a motherfucker every time either of these styles/weapon combos enter the room.

How does that even work? I mean holy fucking shit it was already 6 gorillion frames and they made it even bigger?

Doesn't Brave LS still have the vertical spirit finish? And a fucking counter? I don't want GL to be flooded by fotm cancer because they heard about it being OP on Fagmotron's™ JewTube channel.

I see zero problems with this.

Yeah it's basically even bigger.
Add to that shit like Evasion, that actually make you invulnerable if you fuck up the adept dodge time window, and you'll pretty much never take damage.

Yes, but consider this:

-Adept LS is focused on dodging, going in, then doing the vertical finish.
-Once you're red, you can focus on dodging, and going in for a vertical combo

-Brave LS is about getting into brave, then smashing that R over and over, it does have the same vertical finisher but you're MUCH more disruptive than adept because the main source of your damage -is- the R itself.
-What some people don't seem to realize is that the blue buff isn't actually as powerful as red, it's actually weaker.

So with adept it's like, dodge, go in quickly, vertical finish, get to red, do the vertical infinite that doesn't bother anyone.
With brave it's get into brave, then mash R and the finish isn't tripping people around you, but EVERYTHING ELSE you're doing, is.

It absolutely will, especially because brave GL seems shelling focused as fuck.
Get ready to face a goddamn ocean of GLers blowing you up all over the place.
Hell, GLers did complain that GL was nerfed in Gen.
They got their wish.
monkey's paw wish

I've haven't played the demo nor am an avid gunlance player but aerial gunlance seems to be a decent style, mostly since it allows more opportunities for poking, i.e. directly from the landing hit, but also as aerial fire doesn't seem to be quite as disruptive as ground fire, the bounce you get from using aerial fire is also fun to use for novel but impractical air dodges. Unfortunately it only makes good use of long type, maybe wide, although that would defeat the purpose of reducing disruptiveness.
From what is shown in the video it looks like only normal shelling would be effective with brave, so it's definitely a straight upgrade over adept gunlance, but does it really totally invalidate aerial (and/or striker I guess) style?

Is it possible to get dummy shit at all via any means? I ask since really want dummy109, shit looks good.

So what you're saying is. They didn't fucking balance the styles at all and it's a complete shitshow. Got it.

Also

Most dummy weapons are unreleased dlc or jp only dlc, you can maybe get them by playing jp versions.

Can't transfer back to EUR at all?

Well, simply put, it does way more damage in a shorter amount of time.
Yes, with arial GL you'd be less disruptive, but also way less damaging in the same timeframe.
The MH community is always going to pick what does more damage, 10 times out of 10, so everyone will flock to brave GL.

Maybe you can save edit them in?

Maybe one way to do it.

I didn't complain, I said GL is now broken as fuck with it's burst spamming abilities and now it got boosted even further.
And the ones who were complaining were confirmed to be retards that can't even lock it in orange.

How can you miss the point so hard?
Really?

Aerial is best working with normal shelling boosted to the max. Add guard+ to the mix and you get a disguised mini version of 4u's CB.

From what was shown in the video brave benefits long with load up(4 shells quick load), unless there are some bullshit rules about load up, since without it long and wide get filled up without -1 bullshit.

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

Vita: Never
Consoles: Never
MonHun status: Stagnant

::::^^^^^)))))
I never asked for this.

Dude, GL had the slowest clear times in 4U already(bar HH, although that is a joke weapon at this point), and the heat gauge did nothing to help that. GL needed a buff, this brave stuff seems a pretty shitty one though, since it's focused on the same attack over and over more or less.

For the love of fucking god don't feed the GL autist.
He'll derail the entire thread for fucking weeks.

Actually, GL has slowest clear times bar HH in gen too. It doesn't really matter though, since GL shouldn't have better clear times than any hitzone based weapons(in it's current form and philosophy it inherits from mechanics).
Heat gauge made it more distinct from lance, it gave it another direction to move mechanically. And people still try to use it as a fucking gimped lance, what the fuck. If you want to use lance, use the fucking lance, it's currently the top fucking tier.
GL needs a complete rehaul to make it balanced and fair. Brave GL shelling buff is something that I've feared, since shelling spam was already something that shows great performance at minimal effort(outside of initial equipment preparation).

Look man, when ever did these warnings actually help? As long as I am here(and I'm here for good) I'll ramble about any topic I find engaging. And if the discussion in these topics doesn't progress(partially because of people like you turning it into a whinefest), I'll make the same responses.

But was it really needed? You talk as if the two weren't distinct enough already.
Why? I thought that 4U's GL gameplay was pretty fun already, it's just not very fun to use because hunts tend to take roughly twice as long than ones where I'm using GS(note I can accept weapons having different clear times, but the keywords here are twice as longer. I have the same problem with HH, not only did it its KO values get nerfed but the overall horn selection became extremely bad in 4U, from what I recall only the last M. Tiggy horn actually has more than one decent song).
Was it really? The most damaging way to use the GL was unfortunately just spamming stabs with shelling meant purely as extensors.

oops I don't know how did I fuck up that last quote

Well, the most useful gunlance I recon for 4u was steve's one since it had an enormous regenerating white sharpness which mostly went for stabby stabby. Shelling wasn't that big of a thing. Unlike now with some styles increasing the frequency between bursts and HAs stritctly dedicated to shelling. I think it was a required step to change GL from a gimmicky lance to it's own thing.
Well, to be balanced and fair, which would make it more relevant in general. In other words, so there would be no questions about the problems of gunlance and there would be a clear understanding of what is it's purpose.
Just try it out, in gen it's an entirely different story from any other gen.
Art exp+load up+f.bombardier+dragon breath+aerial+normal lvl4 make wonders. You could swap dragon breath for blast dash if your db is low lvl or add in guard+2 for quick recovery->punish chain, but all of that isn't really required to show you my point.
GL was completely overshadowed by CB and had no boosts whatsoever when every monster and most weapons got a buff to their speed. Hell, you could say that it was nerfed, since relics were trash for it and gl shots DIDN'T IGNORE APEX BULLSHIT and did jack shit.

Ok but dude, every single goddamn weapon was overshadowed by CB in 4U.
I guess at least SA was still fun, and not horrendously unfun like it is in Gen.
That's something at least.

False. GS, IG and HBG all outshined it.Db and Bow were roughly as good as it as well.

hahaha what
Aerial slam into fullburst is retarded, aerial works well with wide and long because you're using the aerial evade to reposition and continue your triple poke. Why normal is bad is because the aerial slam reloads one round, making good use of movement, continuing poke dps and benefiting gunlances that use shelling with few rounds, you would need to evade step full reload or guard reload after every single jump-fullburst if playing with normal. Further, aerial style removes all on-ground slam options severely limiting the points of entry for a full burst and reducing its overall damage with normal, add to this that adept exists, which reloads all your shells (a significantly less useful action for wide and long that are fine gaining shells one at a time) then immediately gives you access to a fullburst with a much higher motion value on the slam and it doesn't take a genius to see that aerial normal fullburst is a fucking retarded idea.
Aerial works not because it lets you spam a nerfed, slower version of fullburst, but because it allows you to continue poking much more fluidly and efficiently than any other GL style.

Also why would you even use guard with aerial when one of the key points of aerial is the ev+1.5 i-frames on the jump's connect point, or for that matter why you'd use guard+ at all on anything aside from striker lance or striker charge blade.

I must admit my only experience with Gen was the XX demo.
I meant fun, not clear time wise. I already talked about how shitty it was when it came to actually killing stuff on my previous post

You don't need them since the slam is 1 jump away anyway.
Adept requires of you to 1) hit that perfect guard 2) have an opening big enough to use the counter, meaning that it's actually isn't that great since it's so conditional.
I too though after demo that adept is the king and aerial is worse until I've actually tried things out.
Aerial gives you a forward mobility and unlike adept the fullburst isn't situational or monster dependent, it's a proximity move that has even smaller defenseless opening for you when you perform it since you are auto guarding after successful jump and you can have that defense right until you hit the ground where you can instantly burst. And following that monster usually flinches or doesn't pay much attention for you to side step and reload.
And that's why guard is fucking perfect for this. Aerial as an evade move isn't instant and also has a huge cooldown. Guard let's you do a full reload without being pressured and if you catch a move with your guard, you can instantly hop into another fullburst while the monster is performing current attack animation, it's insane. And again, you auto guard on successful jump.
The actual damage is barely equal to other weapons performing an aerial attack and they perform faster on ground so I don't know what the fuck are you talking about.

I meant fun too, somewhat(though actually I've meant the purpose weapon serves, i.e. something that bypasses hitzones). Come on, who should you be to not enjoy guardpointing all day erry day?

The point is, where all other weapons had their purposes and conditions where they could serve a specific purpose gl just fell flat.

Except you run into the same issue with Gen/XX. Hunting Horn is a fucking joke, and now all weapons have a "what the fuck are you doing you retard" style.

The balance is worse than it's ever been and that's including FU, 1 and 2.

I don't think anyone here is surprised by that.

Any of you niggers got fun custom quests?

Alright, that's well thought out, I concede. Especially as I didn't know that GL jump had auto-guard. The fact that there was a whole mechanic I was unaware of is proof alone that my opinion wasn't well developed.

Changing the starting classes was a pain in the ass so I decided to just give the monsters about 1.5x the health they have in low rank instead.

Harmony Day truly is wondrous thing. It's like I'm looking at double-reverse-post-ironic-bizarro Holla Forums.

I'm not sure if you guys already know this but here are some things MHXX adds

I like this a lot.

Fucking finally. No more Silverfish 49 minutes quests. My record is 10 seconds left because they never took the bait.

I wish MonHun fish were Holla Forumsirgins.

Why is that good? I can't think of any reason you'd remove a trap. Unless you remove it and get it back in your inv.

After placing one trap you can't place another until it deactivates itself after a certain amount of time. This is good if you place a trap down and the monster moves to another area.

Huh, never noticed this as I only bring 1 trap of each and don't craft them.
Didn't they announce the West would get X before X was released? I want the same for this, pesky Capcom jews.

Anyone know how the defense values for monsters work on Kiranico? Almost all guildquest monsters have a defense modifier lower than 1x, so that means they take more damage right? Can you actually survive a hit from a hyper monster?

Right.
No, you can't.

Well, I would've argued myself too with the same line of reasoning at the time of the demo. Also, the selling point isn't the auto guard, it's a forward jump.

Any english patch for MHP3rd? Also what does it have the HD version? Almost finished MHFU and can't get Tri because can't run doplhin on my craptop.

There is a reason defense is a multiplier and not a divisor, although it is an awkward way to express it since it seems to imply that the monster's 'defense' is being reduced by the multiplier rather than your damage output being reduced. It goes around the end of a damage calculation for all damage received so the lower the multiplier the more your damage is reduced, the factor was introduced by the design team to help deal with excessive staggering (consider how fighting a low rank monster in high rank gear plays out, a greater health pool alone wouldn't change that much).
You can survive any single hit in the game in gens without needing guts or moxie, however the defense required to survive heavy hits from hyper monsters or from nakarkos' laser is very high, 600 maybe? though it could be much more or much less. In my opinion the bigger issue with hyper monster damage inflation is how step damage and weak quick hits can deplete your health very fast even if you're not caught by the heavy hits that would wipe you.

I got too heated trying to argue as well, GL is one of my least used weapons so I really shouldn't be talking shit about it like I know more than everyone else.

There are patches for mhp3rd and most of them use the equivalent of HD, the p2p online isn't totally dead either, but it was a long time since I emulated it so I can't really help you much more than pointing you to google. P3rdHD is completely identical to p3rd, it isn't even actually hd, it just renders at internal resolution instead of at reduced resolution like the psp version, so no improved lighting, textures, etc. Tri doesn't run well on dolphin even with a good laptop, but if you finish the character creation then enable skip efb access to cpu makes the game run playable. Doing this mean dealing with completely broken bloom though, overall I wouldn't really recommend emulating tri. If you've already got skip efb access to cpu on though then you're out of luck, but tri isn't really worth emulation that much with none of the online content and with 3U existing, though tri is somewhat different to p3rd.

Thanks for the info guys I appreciate it.

The other user mentioned it, but to be a lot more clear, no a lower defense modifier means they take less damage. If you do 100 raw after the other calculations, the defense multiplier of .85 will only make you do 85 damage. If you have 100 raw and hit something with a multiplier of 1.55 then you'll do 155 damage. Higher multiplier = more damage

That's actually SO fucking good.
Too bad IG just doesn't click with me, something in the way the moves work just don't flow well in the way i use it.
I really need to put in some more pratice with that damn thing, it could be especially interesting in a poison oriented set/weapon combo because of all those hits.

Expect to play alone mostly, the online scene is still there but it obviously died down over the years.
Before 4U came out we used to have a TIGHT AS FUCK P3rd hunting group, some of the best and most dedicated players i've ever hunted with.
Alas, as the series moved on, we all went our separate ways.
I used to main GL back then.
P3rd will always have a special place in my heart, comfiest MH ever.

I wonder if the western release of XX / Generations Ultimate will have a special New 3DS bundle.

Hunting styles were a pain, even moreso hunting arts. Generations was pretty boring because of these honestly. I mean sure you could do some cool/crazy shit, but it wasn't worth it. Hyper Monsters are just shittier apex monsters without the benefit of getting the Virus.

make him eat barrel bombs and then fish him out, attack the inside of his mouth for big damage.

YES

oh man if we get to fight that thing, that's gonna be fucking awesome.

the gitgud thing still pisses me off. I really hope they don't pull this faggotry when bringing over XX

definitely the wrong image. meant to use this

What if they plaster epic doge meeemsxD all over it? Just remember to angle the muzzle properly, when you off yourself.

I would just say to skip out on any foreign release of XX. It's easy enough to CFW, so even if you accidentally got an NA or EU machine, you can easily run XX no problem.

Do you ever stop?
You're so rigidly anti-west coming into a thread full of western people using western made terms for a version of a Japanese game released in the west localised by people who think they know what's best for the west (they don't but that's an argument for another time) and you continue to use Japanese terms without even googling until someone asks you to. Sure other people can google it themselves but you're the minority here. The only minority. You're white too. We already know you're anti-west about literally everything too, not just Capcom.

And then you run your mouth revealing not just shitty information but just plainly false shit like MH being a single-player game when it has been multiplayer focused ever since the first game and when the bulk of the content people play the game for exists in a multiplayer hub with features designed for multiplayer interactions like multiple seats around the food table and arm wrestling, then even in hunts there are multiplayer features such as shoutouts and gestures. The game is always advertised explicitly as a multiplayer game. I could go on with this point. MH's multiplayer isn't a "happy little accident".

I downloaded X, then bought Generations because I liked it and language didn't affect my experience because I'm not a pisshead looking out for things to get mad at when dialogue isn't the main focus of the game (so that Gyakuten Saiban picture you posted is the only thing I can be mad at). I'll probably be skipping XX and waiting for Generations Ultimate because I don't want to get burned out playing XX before my other friends do, not because I think English dialogue is better or anything. "Rolling with the punches" when it comes to localisation isn't good either

I'm not saying the west is better or anything, I'm saying you're a dumb cunt and I want to piss you off because you piss me off.

I've also been playing Monster Hunter Stories with my own translations going and I want to ask you and everyone else in Japan why you're all so fucking stupid. All of the dialogue is simplistic as fuck just like the X translations you post every thread, fucking toddlers could go through this shit with ease using Google Translate. At least on English dialogue the game isn't testing to see if I'm braindead retarded or not. :^)

Other way around, the "happy little accident" is that Monster Hunter still manages to be a good game, in spite of the multiplayer focus.

I don't think that changes anything.

No.
No, he doesn't.
There's a number of autists in these threads that will never, ever stop.

There's the GL autist that will argue your fucking ears off and whip out flowcharts for multiple threads.

There's the guy that only pops up in these threads to say "MHX IS FUCKING SHIT" in every single post he makes and i've never seen him play the game, ever, not even 4U, 3P, FU or whatever the fuck he actually likes.

There's the weeb autist that you're adressing that literally shits on anything western ever, and proclaims that he plays every single MH exclusively as singleplayer games and that people that play MH games multiplayer are dumb (with the greatest irony being that MH, in japan, is played mostly multiplayer while on the train to work or school, or with a circle of friends, MH in the east is seen as a multiplayer focused game).

Basically we have a number of regulars that are fixated with ONE THING and never stop shitposting about that one thing over and over and over every single new thread that is made.
It's like a really shitty comedy show with one note cardboard cutout characters that just have one joke and they keep repeating ad nauseam.

MH threads on 8ch Holla Forums are the annoying orange of Holla Forums threads.

you forget the GL autist using outdated and flat out wrong flowcharts.

Is there a better feeling than landing a lvl 3 GS charge that crits?

i should have seen this coming

You really should have, considering they've been doing this since the dawn of time and all they do in the west is (most of the time) skip the base version of the game and give you the one with G rank.
Do you think 3U, and 4U, were the first versions released of those games?

To be fair they did publish a lot of shit with "oh there's only going to be 1 edition of this one we swear!"

You may be thinking of someone else. I love plenty of Western shit, I just haven't ever seen what I would consider a good foreignization of anything. This goes both ways - Battletoads got toned down when they brought it over here, and that pisses me the fuck off.

They said the same thing in the same conference call about Street Fighter, a franchise whose identity is pretty much inextricable from the practice of updated rereleases. I doubt anyone seriously believed it.

my favorite lie was when they were looking at making G-rank DLC for X

Eh, I thought that was just idiot fans? Did they really say that?

he also forgot autists that are committing the same mistakes by arguing their points with an outdated info over and over again

Come on man, the world is not onedimensional and far more diverse than you paint it out to be.
1st, I frequently talk about topics other than gl(same likely goes for other people, hell, there could be different people arguing the same opinions you are listing, only some of them though), it's just that gl topic is what triggers the others and makes them rise awareness about me.
2nd, in the context the only things I'm fixated about is monster hunter and my opinions about videogames. And there have been numerous similar precedents that I've caused with other topics in mind, gl just being the lastest one.
3rd, I'm not shitposting, I mean, even if that happens - that isn't the main point. The point is to present something unpopular as something that can be effectively applied to various situations to other's disbelief. Discussion of which usually gets twisted and then transferred into a plane of emotional outbursts, instead of reason and logic.

And then there is this point, how are you different? How does "rising autist awareness campaign" help solve the problems exactly, hell, what good does it do at all, instead of just derailing topics at hand into bitching about autists thread after thread? It's like you are autistic yourself when it comes to this topic and thus part of the problem.

Landing a brimstone slash charged to at least lvl2 and buffed by lions maw as a counter?

As much as I dislike the idiot, I believe he is responsible for translations of some of the features from famitsu magazines and some other info from other japanese sources. For which I give him credit, if it's actually his work.

please leave since we're a bad foreignization of 2ch then

Is there actual evidence of them saying that? I could've sworn it was just one user claiming that.

It's actually $2 a year, and yeah just for online shit.

$30 for G-rank DLC would be better than $60 re-release.

But, when you think about it, it won't happen.
For example, let's use

If you don't have the DLC, what happens when someone that does tries to move their fishing bait?
What about when they break a trap?
Why can the DLC fags transfer insects?
Why are the DLC fags not clogged up with HH messages?

Just the little things like that.

Mind you, a lot of Japs do skip the first one anyways. Sales are up something like 30% from base to G.

[CITATION NEEDED]
Google shows me a bunch of rumours it's between $20 and $30. Nothing says it's that cheap.
Or did you mistype?

- and trips a monster out of of a heavy hit.
Let's see you washing machine spin me again Mizustune you smug fox fucker.

That is not two bucks.

I run exclusive GS.

Second best feeling is charging level 3 and smacking a monster mid-leap, like a Tigrex, and knocking it down in front of you, ready for the A slash follow up.

The best feeling, however, is exactly the same, but with a perfectly timed Brimstone on their head mid leap.

Bonus great feelings if it kills them, too.

fuck now i will have to direct all my hate towards LS users only or be a hypocrite

DB & LS are actually both very fun in solo, but as is the case with any fast characters/weapons in a game they always attract the most self-centered and basic players, which contributes to a large part of the stigma. Then for monster hunter in particular, group play benefits burst damage much more than sustained damage due to the behaviour and size of most monsters, greatly decreasing the usefulness of fast weapons, add to that LS' ability to trip everyone and it's easily understandable why (online) ls & db aren't liked much as weapons.
The i-glaive suffers from this too, but even worse as it got the 'Je suis monte' stigma thrown in for free. I-glaive is fairly enjoyable if you actually use the full reportoire of ground based attacks instead of just spam x and spam jump+x. It allows for a lot of linear movement while attacking by good use of directional input a-attacks blended in with the regular x-attacks, and aerial jumps can be used to make some interesting dodges and repositions in ways that aerial style weapons can't quite do (weirdly most online ig players don't even seem to realise that backwards vault exists).

Anyone know about a set for Evasion and Evade dist? I am currently using Esuriant R with 6 distance charm and filling the rest for evasion. I'd get Hiryu set but it is not available in X, only at Gen.

Speaking to that, is there a list of DLC items that are only exclusive to Gen? I need to get rid of them in preparation for the switch back to Cross for XX.

On the topic of dual blades (and how not to use them), if you're already spamming eva skills anyway, it's worth knowing that adept dual blades makes you completely invincible for the huge adept dodge window and for two dash steps afterwards, which replace the run. The adept dodge also has about 6 hits with a total motion of about 50 in the dodge itself, so you don't even have to do anything like line up and time a counter hit out of the evade. Basically, although it's far from the most time-efficient way to use dual blades (fortunately), it is completely broken as far as survivability goes, to the point where if you're resorting to using adept dual blades I'd just suggest you save edit what you need in, since that would probably present more challenge and be more entertaining.

Adept DB is some of the most ridiculous shit in the game, indeed.

90% of the reason why it's those slashes incorporated into the dodge, they stack up during the course of your average hunt, it's free damage, probably one of the safest sources of constant, pretty reliable damage in the entire series.

Everytime I see that picture of the pine cone looking monster in the OP I think of it going up a masochist's ass.

DB adept sure looks awesome for surviviability, but I'd rather play without adept style. I got a bad habit from it since I relied too much on countering and not risky offensive movements. Currently, I am using the slash axe with it on guild style and it is awesome. Since I am finally able to actually hit monsters without running like an idiot trying to find a safe opportunity, I might as well try hammer and long sword with it.

if you wanted to have shit taste in DB styles you could at least pick aerial and actually help with your autistic flails.

Literally the bugstick of 3rd gen

This is literally the exact thing I was talking about in:
I find that a lot of the time vehement haters of (insert any weapon here) are usually tribabby borderline dudebro switch axe, gunlance (or maybe greatsword) 'mains' that are afraid to experiment with weapons outside of their comfort zone because they aren't GAR enough for them.
There's nothing wrong with having a favourite weapon but you're not much better than xxS3phir0txx spamming his trip blade if you're going to shut yourself completely out of half of the game's content due to peer-pressure.

Ironically, once XX drops they're going to look like the BIGGEST shitters of them all.

SA and GL online are going to be associated with total shitters that trip and blow up other hunters all over the place.
Wich is great, i used to be a GL and SA maniner myself and even i am glad that karma is finally going to bite them in the ass after years of shitposting and generalizations.
The entire community is going to label them scrubs regardless of their personal performance with the weapon, pure poetic justice.

GL already is though, even in 4U GL users were "please for the love of god don't be a triplord". Little did we know the problem was only getting worse in X (with the GL does more than the GS), and now worse again in XX.

Damn these levels of projection are truly off charts

What is next, should I stop having fun my own way and have fun by your own way?