Giga Wrecker

Any of you faggots try this game?

This footage is from some random video on youtube, and it's obviously just the tutorial section of the game. I don't know much more about this game than what is shown here. I guess it's a puzzle platformer that gives you the ability to break portions of the terrain and create platforms/solve puzzles. Kinda reminds me of N+.

After seeing how many retarded decisions they make with pokemon, I really don't trust gamefreak to many anything more complex than a turn based rpg.

Pokemon is a simple RPG
But I think it has something besides autism that keeps people coming back to it
It's the only notable turn-based RPG series that focuses on 1v1battles I can think of, and has been for sometime Games like smt and yokai watch have you build a team of monster's to do battle with more then one character in your party at once. Digimon is based on a series of tamagatchi games with to many spin-off's to list so it's not really an RPG series, and monster rancher doesn't play like a traditional RPG, it's more simulation and breeding based there are many Pokemon clones but I can't think of many games that have turn based 1v1battles as the primary focus even with double, triple, and rotation battles in Pokemon
Call me out if I'm wrong I just want to play more games with that mechanic

we know what shills look like around here, eh? fuck off

I was going to let this thread die, but you were just begging for a (you), and I'm more than happy to oblige. I'm not a shill, you're just a retard.

Game Freak has made more than turn based RPGs even before Pokemon, you dumb faggot.

It's clearly the tutorial. Of course tutorials are going to be nothing but text and cutscene, they're trying to acquaint you with new characters and game concepts.

I like to actually try to get acquainted with the controls on my own and not have the game tell me how for 10 minutes.
Just do an introductory cutscene and let me play, god damnit. It's not that hard.

Similarly, several minutes of exposition is not a good way to introduce a game's story. Or "acquaint you with new characters and game concepts", as marketers say.

m8 that's not exactly a good thing. Especially when spamming buttons is the best way to figure out what things do.

Sure, I agree. Whoever made this game obviously didn't think about that. However, bitching about it is pointless; the game is already finished, it's not like they're going to remove the tutorial after the fact, and for all you and I know there may be some way to skip it from the beginning.

Anyway, it's clear to me that no one here has played this game. I thought I'd be able to get some opinions on it, but seems like none of you even know it existed up until this thread. I guess I'll go pirate it and see for myself what it's about.

Well why the fuck would you make a webm of that. Unless I'm watching a longplay or a lets play or playing the game myself, there's no reason to waste my time with that shit.

Why are you saging? Sage can't be used as a downvote, and you're talking on the topic of the thread so there is no need to sage.

I've been playing it, it's good.
But don't expect an action game, every room is a puzzle. Some puzzles require you to do stuff fast, but most of the action is concentrated in boss fights.

I'm sure this has happened before. And if not, enough bitching can be a way of telling the developer to fix their shit in a potential sequel.
If nobody speaks up and just takes bad design decisions as they are they're more likely to stick around in future titles.

I just took the first random video I could find and make a webm out of it. I'm not going to painstakingly search for some good footage for your sake. If you want that, go find it on your own.

So there's no actual platforming like in a Mario game, with enemies and whatnot?

You're people in this thread are the only ones bitching so far. I see where you're coming from, but I personally don't give a shit either way whether or not a game has a tutorial like this, especially if it's skippable. If you care so much, then go complain to the faggots who made this game, but that won't guarantee shit.

Because threads created by shills shouldn't be allowed to bump non-shill threads off the catalog.

There are enemies and platforming but it's all very minor and integrated into the puzzles themselves.
There are no sequences where you fight through a series of enemies and platforming challenges to reach a goal, for example.

Every thread here is made by shills, though.

I highly doubt it.

Posts made by retards shouldn't be allowed to exist on this site, but lo and behold, here you are. You're likely shitting up other threads, too. It can't be helped, really.

Do you wake up every morning and think to yourself, "what can I do to be an even bigger retard today?"

Oh, so it's sort of like that Portal flash game? See, when I think of platforming, I think of games like Mario 3, with actual moving platforms and a sort of obstacle course of enemies and traps to get through. I guess this game is more puzzle oriented. I suppose that's not really a bad thing, but maybe it's not for me.

Stopped reading there, its garbage.

You need to be able to read to post here.
He said nothing like "they only make RPGs." He said that based on the completely retarded decisions he's known them to make that he doesn't trust them to make other types of games.
If you're trying to say "well they made this before and it was good" actually say it. Though you also have to look into who at Gamefreak worked on the project and if they are even still around or working on this game.

But that's what I did say
Most of Game Freak's staff is the same since they were founded.

Hey man, if you want to lower your standards then feel free to eat shit at your hearts content, but don't expect others to go along with it.
I'm honestly confused as to why you're surprised that anons on an imageboard are complaining that a game fucks up on a really basic thing that people have figured out 20 years ago.

…No, but come to think of it, the ones that aren't are actually MORE cancerous. (At least, I assume the 4AMfags and WEBMfags and such aren't shills.)
Still, this particular thread is abysmal.
At least pic related wasn't pure unadulterated marketing.

Underage who don't even remember what a proper fucking tutorial is like need to get out.

Are you fucking kidding me?

You're trying way too hard to downvote a thread.

It's definitely not what I was expecting.
I went in expecting a metroidvania since Alwa's awakening bored me to death.
The puzzles use physics and shit so it is a lot like a portal flash game in some areas, even has see-saw puzzles, except it's well made.
I'm also really into the art, went after the other stuff the artist made after playing the game for a while.

Oh, now off-topic discussion shouldn't be saged?

I'm not surprised, in fact I'm disappointed that you'd complain about something so petty. As I've said, I get it, and I agree with your perspective, but it seems to me that you're not considering the counterpoint I've made. I won't reiterate my statements, you're presumably literate and old enough to be here, reread what I've typed out in previous posts.

Prove that I'm a shill. Go. I'm waiting. Are you so paranoid that everything around you is based on some conspiracy theory?

I think it's you who needs to get out.

So how far into the game are you? Do you think it's really challenging, or is it sort of a patronizing modern approach to puzzles? Does it make you think? Are there different difficulties to try, or is it all consolidated into one package? How's the story?

If you agree with my perspective you wouldn't feel disappointed that I'd complain about it. I don't care how 'petty' it is, you expect me to overlook a glaring issue. It's like telling someone to ignore bad cinematography in a movie.

I'm close to the end (it's pretty short) and I'd say it's medium-easy.
You can't solve some puzzles with just random trial and error and throwing some garbage around, you actually need to stop and look at stuff and think what to do, but most of the time you can brute force the puzzles.
In general I'd say the bosses are more fun, but I like action games more in general so I'm a little biased.
Why is there an extremely triggered person n this thread? How was he wronged? What the fuck.

I've been playing it too, it's not bad but I'm not enjoying it as much as I hoped. My biggest issue is kind of the problem with any game that uses physics puzzles; sometimes the puzzle doesn't solve correctly even if you do the right thing. I spent ten minutes on one puzzle trying to get a platform to fall the way it's supposed to. All the puzzles have been fairly straightforward to figure out as far as I've seen, and for a good deal of them I've been able to solve the puzzles by brute force.
There aren't multiple difficulties, but there is a level editor and custom campaigns people can make.
Overall the game isn't too hard. The bosses are my favorite part, and I'm at the third boss now. Not sure how much is left.

I didn't tell you to ignore it, I explicitly said that your complaining will probably have a negligible effect even if you go to official forums or a place where the devs can read your concerns. Go ahead, complain all you want, but don't cry when someone tries to put your complaints into perspective

So, how are the boss battles? Do they incorporate some type of puzzle to be solved, or is it like an actual boss battle that tests your timing and dexterity? There's faggots who live to try and derail threads and stir shit. Just another day on h8ch

What do you mean?

I agree the game isn't as good i was hoping, but this is actually a good point I think it has: I haven't had this problem you described even once.
Every time I needed a specific shape to drop and so something, it worked. Maybe in the second or third try after some fine tuning of where to cut or when to throw debris, but things fall into place really nicely.

They're more traditional boss fights, you dodge patterns, gather debris, then throw at them. Nothing fancy,

"I'm not 100% sure how to do this puzzle, but I'm just gonna cut the structures randomly and reset the room and eventually it'll work out."

Whenever you brake stuff it leaves debris you can stand on. For some puzzles you can make a pile of them to jump to the objective from. Stuff like that.

Boss battles are somewhat puzzle-ish. They revolve around breaking something so you can amass trash to hit the boss with, rinse and repeat. Everything I've fought has been five hits, with the boss's patterns getting slightly more complex after the first three hits. The boss of the first zone took me the longest because I didn't realize what I was supposed to do until I did it on accident, but everyone after that has been very straight forward.

Looks boring as fuck.

Really? Do you remember the puzzle with the seesaw, black hole, and laser? That one took me forever because the right block kept being slightly out of place and the laser wouldn't hit the target. Eventually I just smashed it and used my own block to get it right. I must just be unlucky

Nope.
Which room is that? I'll take a look at it, maybe I got lucky. I remember I plowed through every black hole room pretty fast.

I'm pretty sure it was a room with a teleporter in it, it was either to get to the second area's boss or to the third area? I can't remember either, honestly. I'll see if I can't find it again

So, on the bottom left hand corner of the screen, there are two bars, one of which I'm presuming is a health bar. What's the other one do? Does your health regenerate? Are there consumable items that you can use, or pick ups that give your character different abilities? Speaking of abilities, do you get new abilities, like some sort of Metroidvania, as you move along, or are you stuck with the same moves that you're given at the outset?

The boxes are your health, and you can get skills that make it regen. The bar below it is your skill points, you get xp for killing enemies and breaking anything with blue crystals in it. You get more abilities as you progress, and there is an upgrade tree that makes them do more interesting things. No consumable items, though

Second bar is exp, the game has a skill tree with extra health nodes and nodes that buff abilities and such (haven't found them to be very useful, with some exceptions, like the one that lets you drop a block exactly where you're standing instead of just throwing it forward).
You get extra abilities but they're all for puzzle solving and some soft platforming, you beat bosses with just your regular attack.

Found it, this room. Only room that took me more than one or two attempts, though. Spoilered in case anyone cares about puzzle solutions

This is how my solution looks, IIRC I got it in my second try after just breaking everything to see how stuff behaved.
Pretty smooth solution.

Welp, that would explain why I had such a hard time. Kinda shows how you can solve puzzles ways that weren't really intended, though

Why do people do this shit?

There are a couple of rooms which I have no idea how I actually got past.
There was a room where a button just pressed itself. It was weird as shit and I was halfway done with the puzzle so i solved it properly anyways.

Here's a room I definitely did not solve as intended.
No idea what i even did or what I should have done.

Then why do so many love MGS? It's the king of that shit, sometimes it can take upwards to 30 minutes ot actually start playing.

That's objectively false and you know it.

LET IT DIE

How old are you? Older games made by people who actually know what the fuck they are doing always used the level design to teach you how to play, not several fucking minutes of text with no interactivity.

Old enough to know that you're probably too young to be posting here, but you want to appear edgy and fringe so you come here because you want to rebel against your mum and dad. Fuck off, kiddo. This thread has been dead for a while now. Unless you have something to say about the game, then kindly keep your bullshit to yourself.

i want to play it but i dont feel like paying for it until i determine that im satisfied. oh what to do

This is a great way of how not to begin your game. Don't just drop a half a ton of text for every fucking thing the player tries, try some nice level design and let him figure out shit on his own.

I'm sure there are plenty of torrents available out there. If not that, maybe you know someone who can share the game with you. I don't know. I'd suggest torrenting. Maybe go to the share thread and request this game.

oh yeah, thanks

MODERN VIDYA:

CLASSIC VIDYA OF PIC RELATED:

there was no gitting gud at that. there was only sticking with it becuase you werent going to say you quit.

Nowadays people would just scream ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY TRIAL AND ERROR BULLSHIT at it.

Nope. That game is one big trial and error gauntlet and you'd need literal clairvoyance to beat it without dying in a blind run.

That's literally what it is, user.

OR it could just have the controls displayed on screen next to the obstacle and not stop the game with some scrolling text. OR it could just have some of the collectables like coins or whatever the fuck in the general direction you'd go if you jumped/whatevered over the obstacle like basically every other fucking platformer.

Memorizing each trap and figuring how to avoid them is a kind of getting good too. The point is, players were expected to learn how to play by playing, and by putting some effort in it. Not by being presented a ton of text, which is immersion-breaking as shit.

Although, Tempo the Badass Elephant wasn't that good, but it was alright.

Did fuckley make this?

Looks atrocious but maybe its the pants on head retarded tutorial.
Nothing to get hyped up about plenty of 'the shit grafix and bland gameplay are just a part of the art style' games like this.

dropped

Astra Kadrū's boss theme has this nice charm to it when it hits its climax

She is also a qt