Would you delete it?

the ending sequence was great until the commentary shit
anyone know where to find a safe uplink torrent? I hear it's way better than this shit

Check TPB, there are torrents there that are verified and old as fuck.

By far. Uplink is absolutely fantastic. Best song embedded.

the fuck is this? Sounds like unreal tournament and jazz jackrabbit.

But that's second best, user.

fuck you shazbot, you're just not schway enough
greets t. /cyber/

my nigga

Gave me a chuckle.
You're still schwagarbage.

Don't recommend anyone to go to TPB. It's riddled with botnet and Russians that upload viruses that prey on retards who can't into torrents.

Try this, OP:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7d7f000799b0e131207fd42cd331d89e37e9a050

is this a personal torrent? can't download the metadata

No, it's on a public tracker, but only had 3 or 4 seeders, and likely hasn't been updated for a few hours.

Here's one for Uplink Hacker Elite:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2dc9ef41b345cd25807c216134fa2bcf75411d9f

Has some extras like Dev interviews.
Hacker Elite was a rebranded Uplink that was distributed by a different company.

speaking more of hacknet so this thread stays on-topic, I find it funny how the entire game's basically just a script kiddy shitty memory management simulator, it's like YOU were viper all along and that's the big plot twist
actually, doesn't the guy say something about him being well-known for getting his hands on valuable software he ended up getting for strange reasons? that's my new pet theory

so is it just the definitive edition + goodies? should I download both?

Hacker Elite is a copy of Uplink that was distributed by a seperate company from the devs.
There was a shitfest over royalties from sales, and the distributing company went backrupt.
They managed to weasel out of some payments by changing the game code so there were minor differences, but enough to let the courts make them pay a smaller amount in royalties.

I don't know if the version I linked is that modified one, but it may be. If it is, some Uplink mods may not work, but most should.

Download the Hacker Elite if you don't really care about the minor changes to interface and colours.
And the magnet for HE might just be vanilla Uplink anyways, I don't know which version it is.

alright, cheers

Might as well salvage this thread
So what does anyone know about this shit? I was gifted it a few weeks back but I've never bothered installing it, I didn't realize it was actually a multiplayer and thought it was just another one of these minimalist HACKER SIMULATORS, ahas anyone else played this or even know if there is a community (that isn't cancer?)

DIGITAL DREAMS CROSSING OVER THE SCENE
WELCOME TO THE DEADLOCK OF REALITY

Oh man, I've been binging through the Uplink OST lately. Fucking great to find this thread.

I still have a copy I downloaded many moons ago. Also have a copy of Onlink, a mod that added a ton of stuff to the game, but I'm not sure if it's the latest version of it or if it's still going and you can get it on their page.

If you want any of this from an anonymous person on a Vietnamese imageboard, I can upload it for you somewhere.

eh, it's ok.
the tutorial is fucking long though

you probably won't see this, but I'm checking that number

second thought, please upload onlink
I can't really seem to find it anywhere

Tracker music. You'll find that it also sounds like Deus Ex and half the demoscene.

tfw keep meaning to get into tracker music composition but never get around to it