FF7 confirmed biggest flop in the series

Friendly reminder capcom did nothing wrong with RE6 action direction. Why did anyone thought normalfags would play a actual horror game?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/hXy89
archive.8ch.net/posts.html#!v/4858856_#4875160
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RE6 is one of the worst games I've played and anyone who defends it is really far up there own ass.

I don't even know where to begin with this shit

They returned it to its survival horror roots by making it a survival horror game that has barely anything to do with Resident Evil. That's like Konami "returning to Castlevania's roots" by making a slower paced, linear action-platformer that had nothing to do with Belmonts or Dracula.

Why the fuck did they decide to make a resident evil game that had fuck all to do with resident evil?

wait, what? is this a final fantasy thread or a resident evil thread?

FF7 went platinum. Is good game 8,9,10 are all worse in comparison.

What the fuck does that even have to do with resident evil or Capcom though

RE6 poisoned the well.
RE7 could be an OK game in it's own right, but it's not RE, and I bet some people think it's VR only.

Given that the video (which is probably his or from someone he's a fanboy of) is about RE7, I'm guessing he just messed up the thread title real bad.

REfags wanted a 3rd person game like remake-re3

Because even when Capcom makes a good decision they find a way to fuck it up completely.

Didnt RE7 also have a much smaller budget/marketing expenditure?

That it sold less is not indicative of its return to survival horror, nor was RE6's high sales due to its action emphasis.

That would make sense. I stopped paying attention to RE after the shit show that 5 was and I still knew when 6 was on it's way. I didn't know they were even working on 7 until it showed up on IGG.

did it really sell well? Because I tried to complete it but got bored after doing Leon's story

They shipped 3 million copies in the first week dumbfuck, their target was 4 million by March. If you're the same salty RE6fag who can't stop pathologically lying all over the capcom forum, take your fucking meds.

You're the dumbest nigger I have ever seen.
RE7 is alright, technically better than most RE games.

kill yourself retard

Honestly, I would have bought it day one… if Capcom didn't cut out all the replay value for a season pass.

I probably still will get it once all the DLC is out and it's a decent price. I liked the main game, but there just isn't enough there.

How are there pathological RE6 fags? Who the fuck likes that game, when its the worst main game in the series?

Kill yourself. RE6 is one of the worst games I've ever played.

On the official capcom RE forums there are 2 individuals, 1 of which post 24/7 and is in every thread being salty as fuck about RE7. He's utterly delusional about the success of RE6.

Also for those that don't know, RE6's budget was known to be an absolute minimum of $34,000,000 dollars, and some estimate put it close to 100 million.

webm of gtfo

You know that media has the sequels paying for the sins of the father right? FF13 was an abortion, but it sold well because of recognition with a quality series.

If capcom pulls out a little advertising for re8 and keeps the quality then it'll probably sell gangbusters.

re6 had bad characters aside from chris / sherry (from what i can remember) / leon imo
the dude who was weskers son seemed like ow the edge incarnate, piers was some sort of prettyboy and not much else, and helena was annoying and fat
re7 looks ok, but i wouldnt pay for it though
i just miss punching boulders and running around with my friends in re5, it was one of the funnest co-ops i played with friends.

Good lord. Its not even that RE6 was a critical flop either but a massive commercial one that probably put the entire series future at risk.

Nah

You really didnt even touch the demo and only watched the trailers I take it. RE7 basically takes the classic formula but in a different camera angle.

No it really doesn't. Its horror does not come from situational or circumstantial player response to the environment, but from jumpscares. And the gameplay isn't "RE1-3 but in first person" it's a poor emulation of RE4 but in first person.

you would be absolutely fucking shocked how many people on the steam forums for RE7 are shouting "this should have been 3rd person like RE4 also known as the best RE game"

RE4 is good but it basically fucked over the franchise.

Some of the older REs had jumpscares as well, and I doubt it since RE4 was basically a shlock action flick.

Maybe they shouldn't have sold a 5 hour game with little replayability at full price.

Of course, but they didn't actively make them the sole mechanic on which "survival horror" was conveyed.

Actually that makes it more appealing to me, I have a big backlog and a 9 to 6 job.

i feel like it has more than usual. there are criteria for unlocking new items - finish under x hours, only use the item box x amount of times, only use x healing items - and once you know your way around you can really haul ass through it. it's a good feeling and really reminds me of REmake, but then again i unironically like re7 so what do i know

do you want to know how i know you haven't played re7 and only watched youtube videos? there is a grand total of like two jump scares in the entire game. it's really good about that, in that it literally never does the LOUD NOISE OH NO LOOK OUT bullshit that every other first person horror game does. if it does pop something up in front of you - for example, jack grabbing you and spinning you around before the chainsaw thing - it does it without some grating violin sting

I like to hope that its just the normalfag demographic switching over from buying games to just watching them. I doubt it though.

This game had less to do with Resident Evil than 6 did. I will argue that RE6 was a "fun" action game and I liked the co-op of it but wouldn't ever actually recommend that game to anyone. RE7 is pure shit. They saw the hype that PT demo got and thought they could make a full game following that single concept and bank on it. It's one step above a fucking movie for all the gameplay it actually has and all the thought needed to complete objective after objective.

Resident Evil 6 and 7 are what happens when you let suits design a game based on fads with zero understanding of the hows and whys. Just keep porting RE4 to every platform that ever existed. It's the only thing you can do anymore.

Are you German? Shouldn't you be playing job simulators when you're off work?

Do you remember when games had actual content in them?

Can't you beat RE1/2/3 in about the same amount of time? Granted those games were built on ancient hardware and limited memory but it's difficult to talk about older games having actual content in them when most games in this franchise are short as shit. Not here to defend RE7, just saying.

Perhaps because you desperately want that to be the case since it would make it easier to defend the game?
But that's demonstrably false by playing the game. Within the first hour there's well above 2 faggot.
And? You can jumpscare in more ways than one dipshit.

The game is not survival horror, not in any sense of the word. The Molded never provide enough of a challenge to be considered "survival" (especially with how combat is almost never not an option) and the Baker Family certainly didn't give a feeling of impending danger what with the Metal Gear-esque escape mechanics, and it certainly wasn't spooky or atmospheric enough to call itself "horror".
It's a game that doesn't know what it's trying to be, and so it fails in all areas instead of excelling in one. Tell me one moment from the game that legitimately spooked you and I'll tell you why you're a faggot.

Can't you also speed through the original trilogy in a handful of hours too?

There's a difference between being able to speedrun a game after learning all its intricacies to plan out a run and almost doing it by accident on your first playthrough.

RE1, RE2 and RE7 are all about an hour and a half long to speedrun.

Why do you think people have done it by accident? Average completion time for RE7 is 8 hours 30 minutes to 10 hours.

RE2 is basically built around speedrunning

RE1 record at the moment is 1 hour 25 min but can still be a long game unless you know exactly where you're going

That's from two and a half hours of gameplay, pus nuts.

I've taken my sweet time with it, exploring environments, getting most collectibles and I clocked out at just over 5 hours.
Then again you can't really say that an average Holla Forums user is close to the lowest common denominator that plays it, can you?

RE4 wasn't trying to be Resident Evil, it was trying to be proto-devil may cry.
RE5 and RE6 tried and failed to do the same thing after DMC had already taken off as it's own series/genre.
People wanted RE to return to its roots and be more like RE1, 2, 3, 0, etc.
Instead we got a generic first-person jump scare shooter with only a marginal relation to resident evil.

They should have just ended the series with RE5. Yes, it was more action focused but it still was scary (Being chased by large groups of niggers is scary in and of itself!)

And it was a great place to end the story. They finally killed Wesker and any other villain they were to bring in to try and replace him wouldn't have been nearly as great as he was.

I played through RE7 about a week ago and I can't even remember what the little girl's name was.

I forgot to mention that out of the ones I listed, Jack pushing you into the boss fight was the only one without audio stingers and creepy music.

you forgot when Jack gets back up after the garage fight, when Jack opens the door to the bathroom, when the molded walks out of the wall, and the part where Marguerite appears in the Mia tape.
I just really hate the "prolonged QTE/action sequence" rather than just a cutscene, because guess what, you can fucking skip a cutscene. I mean for fucks sake, the final boss barely even counts as a fight because you have no movement control for the bulk of it and it lasts like 3 minutes.

RE7 has it's problems, but god damn it's miles better than RE6. Kill yourself.

In all honesty the final Jack fight was the real bossfight, after that we get treated to a retarded Mia machine gunning the molded through a ship sequence and everything went downhill even more.

Uh, the family members wander around the halls and you have to avoid them by listening out for them and stuff.

that's because it actually required some semblance of skill and strategy. It's not as bad as some western games, but I hate how much this game doesn't want to be an actual game. Also, this game should barely count as a Resident Evil game solely by the criminal lack of puzzles.

Yeah once you've done the first shadow puzzle you're basically equipped to do the rest of them in under a minute.

Pretty much everything falls off after the second Jack fight. All the interesting antagonists die, you get thrown into bland environments, the only enemies left are the boring looking filler enemies, they give you remote bombs to trivialize combat even further, and the "final boss" is a fucking joke.

Lucas's puzzle was probably the second best thing about RE7 after the Jack encounters. Too bad it's only fun the first time.

I think it could've been salvaged if the final boss had actually been a good boss, instead we get to shoot a few times and wait for a cutscene.

Why do people defend this game again?

Hey when I played this game on my 2 playthroughs Ethan's wife cuts my arm off at the start, is there a way to avoid this?

Once again shipped doesn't equate to sold. What you just said is that there are 3 million copies worldwide sat in some warehouse storage or on store shelves.

is it ellie or evelyn?

Stop playing bad games

pretty much. I wanted a fight against a cool-looking monster where you have to use the environment, maybe lure the boss into a specific place and shoot some part of the environment, I don't know SOMETHING. A final boss is supposed to represent the culmination of the game's mechanics, a test of skill to let you demonstrate how much you've learned and developed in the game. In RE7 it's a fucking QTE

evelyne, not like it matters because she has about as much depth as a wet piece of paper.

Evelyn rings more of a bell tbh. For some reason I was thinking Eleanor but that's from Bioshock a better video game.

user, DMC came from RE4.

I just wanted to be part of the hype. It wasn't as good as Re4 or Re3 just felt like it was trying to be Re2 but not as good.

Maybe it's not the real final boss, I mean your boss fountain where you get all your items back happens right before the sequence where you get out of the mine, fighting through two vomiters or whatever they're called.
Maybe that's the final boss?

honestly i didnt really get her, reminded me kind of of little sisters from bioshock to actually like her.
im sad the final boss battle wasn't old lady evie (at least i figure that was her camouflaging to have a family or something?) throwing a fit as you wheel her into an old folks home
why the fuck couldnt there be a fight of an actual grandma in a wheelchair, hell doesnt even have to be resi 7, i just want to fight a stubborn old lady in a wheelchair in vidya

exactly, it was the prototype for DMC

RE7 was bad, but it wasn't "wait a minute that card" bad.

He's talking about the first one

Second one even.

The worst thing is that those retards are even asking for REmake2 to be another over-the-shoulder shooter garbage.
Fucking retards

Second one actually, I fucked up and got Eleanor and Elizabeth mixed up. Not that it maters, considering the stories for both games were dogshit.

I've been noticing an uptick in the trend of people defending a game with "b-b-but you didn't even play it!" I don't think they understand that they're immediately dismissing their own argument.

It's really getting quite tiresome.

What makes RE7 horrible is how scripted it is. I mean, try playing Alone in the Dark. You can miss a lot of puzzles and keep playing without any warning. You can play the whole game barehanded. You may try to keep hitting invincible enemies due to not having any idea on how to kill them. Lots of the traps are irrevocable death sentences. The game doesn't hold your hand, it allows a lot of room for replayability.

The genre has been streamlined ever since, starting with RE1, where irrevocability doesn't exist anymore and optional puzzle is almost nonexistent. You don't even have to read the journals you found to solve the puzzles anymore. RE4 onwards are literally linear rail shooter. Cuckom never had an idea on how to improve the fundamentals of action adventure horror games, or "survival horror" as marketed by them.

And RE2 is the most overrated game in the series.

I know that feeling bro.
i am pretty sure they'll also botch RE2 remake and and rape it with no mercy, can't expect anything good from current year Capcom anymore :,(

You don't need to play Mindjack to call it shit and nobody needs to watch Cisbusters: strong women edition to do so either. People who use that "argument" might as well be screaming "start liking what I like!".

The entire industry is dying, famalam. Any Resident Evil released in 2017 was destined to be the worst selling RE yet. Pic very related.

WEW LAD

RE is having a hard time in particular as a series since Umbrella Chronicles was confirmed to be canon. The Dr. Ethan, I'm Redfield at the end was apparently a character from that abortion of a game.

I think they did a great job with that, giving the player the feeling of hopelessness in a infected and decadent Raccoon city, and the museum converted in a police station was Genius and far more interesting than the generic police station originally planned,
kinda agree with that, the zombies and their sounds were well made but the type of models weren't enough.
I admit 3/4 male ones and only a female was kind of repetitive, RE3 did better regarding that,
I don't think it was because of SJWs back then, they needed a link to the first game so they decided to have Chris's sister searching for her brother.
If isn't broken don't fix it.
Ae talking about the tank controls?
The only thing needed was probably the quick turn of RE3 and that's it.
If you add shit like shooting while running, kicks like RE4 that make a whole group of enemies fly around like ragdolls and crap like that then you turn it in a TPS again.
Now tell me what's the best RE in your opinion?

There's a market for horror games and it's a starved one. They didn't return to their roots, they just copied a indie game, slapped guns in it and admittedly designed the game around it being an Amnesia game with actual weapons.

Fans wanted Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3, and they got Amnesia: Hillbillies Attack starring Guns from Devil May Call of Duty.

You want to know why they did it? Low budget. RE 1-3 types of games require a character model that actually animates. RE7 has about 4 enemy types (Immortal Jack with Axe, Molded, Molded with Blade Arm, Mosquito), three pretty well designed boss monsters with their own arenas (Mia with Chainsaw in Destructable Enviroment, Jack with Shears in Bodybag basement, Mutated Spider Lady in Swiss Cheese House, Mutated Monster Jack in two story arena) and two mostly cinematic fights (Jack with Car, Evelyn)

The budget was blown on the cinematics and bosses, which leaves the fights in-between pretty bare. Old RE had tons of enemy types that did different shit, tons of fun bosses, and generally a less restricted weapon loadout (bazookas, a variety of pistols and rifles, mine throwers, a lot of it you have to find the parts for to play with) and a a lot of good decisions that didn't fuck up the budget.

RE6 was a fucking awful cancerous steaming shit pile of a game in every respect and anyone who enjoyed even one second of it is a huge AIDS-ridden faggot and can suck my nuts.
I don't give a fuck if RE7 only sold 10 copies.
It's the only RE I've enjoyed since 4 and I enjoyed the fuck out of it.

This is some of the worst bait I've ever seen

I don't play horror games for the sense of "hopelessness", save that for post apoc games. The aesthetic is pretty lacking in RE2 and feels out of place.

Being a police station still makes it bland. As a personal preference, I dislike cityscape setting for a horror game.

It's not about the type of models. Zombies in RE2 look like morbid decaying corpse with rotting skin and flesh and scruffy clothing like some corpse dug out of the grave. Zombies in RE2 look like generic Dawn of the Dead zombies that don't even resemble corpses. They make too much noise and movement as well, they should feel more stiff and dead.

I don't care about SJW's, all I know is Claire is an unlikable character.

If they wanted an action oriented game, then tank control doesn't work very well.

Have you ever played slower paced TPS games such as Mafia 1, Hidden and Dangerous 2, and such? Or slow paced FPS games such as Condemned, King Kong, and STALKER. Land of the Dead game does the zombie shooter formula nicely with the slow walking speed, unpredictable weapon accuracy, and tenseful zombie horde, but the game is painfully repetitive, bland, and unrefined. The point is, not clunky isn't always equal to adrenaline fueled action.

Maybe RE1 remastered, but I like the design of orignal RE1, the action of RE4, and the controls of RE6 better.

this. I gave RE7 a go tonight and its passable and actually pretty fun when its actually getting moving but its a tad boring otherwise. Like when the cop died at the beginning in a really silly over the top way I laughed. It looked like something out a Evil Dead. After playing something like Silent hill 3 though I'm pretty sure this game is going to be like a Saturday morning cartoon. I guess I'm just wondering how much they can get out of literally four enemies for a five hour long game. I would be hesitant to call it budgetary reasons though. Who know though. Otherwise no returns to its roots.

You know what? I'll listen. What are the problems with BioShock, both 1 and 2? Preferably with no comparisons to System Shock.

Nice try, medicationfag. We can spot your pill-taking ass faster than you renew prescriptions.
There'll be a second day of the rope just for your kind. Take your meds.

It sold 3 million copies under 3 weeks

Pretty damn sure that Silent Hill 2,3 and 4 didn't have tank controls.
Then it's not amnesia, I mean you could of just said it was just Condemned, since it was first person and did the cinematic shit, but even then that would be wrong since that was a melee focused game.

This word salad really comes across in a desperate attempt to meme shit.

No it's because they really wanted this to be a VR game. However they shot themselves in the foot for making the VR a PS4 exclusive for a year.

But the rest of your criticism are pretty much how I felt about the game. It's not a return to it's roots, but when average dipshit is consuming dog shit on a daily basis don't be surprised that he'll think moldy bread is the best thing ever when first tastes it. Honestly I don't think there's a reason to throw a shitfit over this game, that's reserved for REmake 2 and RE8.

Oh and fuck RE 5&6.

I mean you can make shit up all you want but it has been selling stupidly well.

Not gonna argue its a good game but its success is obvious.

They did.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
And 4.

webm for ants coming in

You could switch between the Tank controls and a traditional control set in the options. But The traditional control means your movement and direction is subject to where the camera is versus being entirely your inputs.

You know the filesize limit was raised to 12MB, right?

I liked RE7, was like PT for five hours straight without all the Kojima meta-faggotry.

Completely fucking incorrect, the horror comes from being in a desolate environment and not knowing if you have enough ammo/healing items to get through it. It's not classic RE, it's not jumpscare faggotry either. I only got two jumpscares the entire game, the one with Mia at the beginning and the one with the mother in the old house.
Maybe this Holla Forums doesn't actually play games shit isn't much of a meme.

Also this, if I payed money for this shit I would be fucking pissed.

Just booted them up, 2&3 did have tank controls but you had the option to switch to normal controls by using '2d controls' instead. 4 doesn't give you an option to use tank controls.

More like low effort.

I just use jDownloader and try to grab a 12 MB webm or lower. Besides, do you really want to see RTU ugly mug in better quality?

PT was a shit game though.

Everything in PT was stolen straight from Jacob's Ladder. The ordinary house setting, the hallucinatory narrative, the ghost design, the bobbing head, literally everything.

And what is wrong with liking/wanting more of that? Jacob's Ladder was fucking great.
I might just have shit taste, that kind of shit gets to me. I even liked the original Paranormal Activity when it came out.

more like what the fuck does capycum and RE have to do with FF

Jacob's Ladder is too melodramatic and doesn't live up to it's potential. The story's emphasis on politics instead of the horror is really lame. Also, the fact that everything is hallucination means that there's no real supernatural occurrence which for me ruins the horror.

Paranormal Activity has a neat idea of portraying realistic supernatural images in realistic setting, but it's ruined by the generic jump scares as expected from Hollywood. I also don't understand Americans' obsession with killing off all the main characters, that's far from realism.

The Whole Silent hill series was inspired by Jacob's ladder, since the very first game.

There weren't many jumpscares in the first PA from what I remember, it was mostly stopmotion shit like doors closing with like two scares towards the end where the guy gets dragged off and again when the wife kills him.
And the melodramatic shit in Jacob's Ladder just made it better for me, I don't put my tastes forward as those of a horror connoisseur.

Also this, there's just a completely different aesthetic. This can especially be seen in 3 with the downward descent motif since the same motif was at play to some degree in Jacob's

they didn't learn from RE4, they deserve it

But they explored the idea and added their own creative inputs, such as cults and . Films and books like Phantoms and The Myst were as influential as Jacob's Ladder in Silent Hill's development. Kojima just ripped off Jacob's Ladder and added some supernatural plot to make it more Silent Hill.

That's what I was talking about. Too many unbelievable crap in the movie that killed the realism. I'm okay with the door closing, that was believable, but ghosts killing people by dragging and possessing is absolutely cheap.

If you're okay with TV drama with horror label slapped on it, I have nothing to say against you. Try watching Lucio Fulci's The Beyond, that's how you're supposed to write a horror plot.

Someone developing supernatural strength via demonic possession is unrealistic to you?
It wasn't just ghosts it was a demon, that was the spookiest part of the movie and it went over your head.
It's scary because it can interact with the world beyond just moving a chair or scratching a chalkboard.
Will do, just watched the trailer and it looks like something I'd like.

Well, yeah? If it was a mockumentary film about Voodoo rites, it would be somewhat believable, but in an ordinary American household I can't imagine anything like that happening. It's a matter of context and what the movie is aiming for.

Quit using that Tumblr tier gif you fucking faggot.

Try living in a beaner-neighborhood where every other week some lady at the laundry was talking about how the devil himself broke her dryer.

I only have abbos around here.

Demons have to be the worst spooky monster in horror settings especially ones like PA since you can canonically hard stomp them with Christ. Shit stops getting scary real fast especially when all the it's a demon angle does is turn the spooky jumpscare ghost into spooky jump scare ghost that can be cleanly dealt with.

RE6 is great and only autistic normalfags think other wise.

What? Did you seriously think that made sense when you thought that up? And how do 'normalfags' hate RE6 when it's linear as fuck cinematic scripted garbage level design was clearly aping off games like Uncharted.

This is why PA2 and onward were shit. They BTFO the demon, then it's a witch-coven, then they summon more demons or something.
It was good because you learn it was a demon right at the end, too late to do anything and then it possesses one and kills the other.

Oh no PA was shit because it was nothing but non-scares while two people act like idiots for the entire movie duration and just sort of die at the end it's garbage of the highest degree and your taste is objectively speaking pretty bad for liking it. The demon angle is just lame and equally uninteresting and doesn't help at all, but I was shitting on demons in a more general horror movie context they rely too much on that shit in alot of modern horror movies.

Go fellate a gun and pull the trigger please.

Got you, I'm not going to try and defend my taste in horror because I know it's shit. Guess I'm a corpophiliac

it flopped because normalfags do not play horror games, they play jumpscare games, and there are a fuck ton of those that people assume RE7 is just another one and RE fans have gotten fucked over too many times to believe capcom at this point, i havent played the game but from what i heard thats exactly what it is with a little bit more gameplay than your standard "amnesia clone". But RE was never horror, it was disturbing yes but it has always had action with decision making, whether you had enough ammo, enough meds, enough ribbons to save. whether backtrackin was worth exploring not knowing what you would face. thats where the real sense of dread came from, in terms of gameplay RE was a step ahead of silent hill. Silent hill 1-3 had some of that gameplay but it relied more on symbolism, every place, every enemy had some sort of meaning, they used the environment and even sound effects to fuck with you. they knew how to make you uneasy even in an empty room with no sound where as to RE an empty room was a resting stop. but to be honest, the level of quality that games had 15 years ago is no more.

Go back to Tumblr and stay there nigger.

Don't remind me user.

7 certainly wasn't perfect
there definitely needed to be more kinds of plausible molded to mix things up (who the hell sets a genetic abomination themed horror game in Louisiana and doesn't make a bad ass Alligator enemy?) but I'm at least glad they didn't get into the schlocky BOWs of the past games until the final Jack fight
that dumbass "choice" that has no effect besides artificially incentivizing replays, and only one making any sort of sense at all
the salt mine was a fucking joke and a shit ton of missed potential, just like the final boss, which really should have just been a first person version of Dead Space's final boss since they were so similar
replaying through it, the guest house beginning is painfully slow to trudge through, and making only some of the cinematics and phone calls skippable was a really nonsensical choice
and that's only shit off the top of my head
but if you think that purposefully obtuse gameplay needs some kind of revival you need to be fucking gassed

kill yourself, millennial normalfag

you have to go back >>>/reddit/

I have no idea what the thread is about either and it looks like OP abandoned it already

First that wasn't spooky.
Second you didn't need to do that since you could just run whenever they found you and get away from them.

But it isn't desolate. It's just empty. And you always have enough healing and ammo to get through it because it throws the shit at you in a level not appropriate for the amount of enemies they throw.
You're lying. See

I like tank controls.
Perhaps you should quit having shit taste?

RE6 was somewhere between a fucking disaster and kind of fun. Capcom should have dropped all pretenses of "survival" and "horror" and just made it into an actual action game with good controls where you played as Wesker's kid and beat up hordes of goons to save the world or some shit. It fails as a horror game and fails as an action game, instead middling between the two in an awkward, clunky way.

The Chris/Bieber campaign is genuinely bad, since it's pretty much just a shitty, budget Gears of War. Leon's campaign tries really hard to be a genuine RE game without ever actually going the whole hog, and Jake's campaign is this weird action setpiece thing where you use kung-fu to beat up zombies.

RE7 is a youtube/stream bait game, kids will watch someone else play it and have no reason to then do so themselves.

I never got the one where he walks out of the wall, but yeah I don't consider the ones where you're able to move the camera or shoot "jumpscares"

You don't consider parts where you're able to play the game jumpscares? This isn't a movie lad.

Woah dude, calm down, I can't handle all this confirmation.

Kinda felt like one, really.

no tank controls = no play
re2>code veronica>re1 gc remake>re1 directors cut>parasite eve>re4

Who gives a shit about you?

I played it, it's around 5-6 hours with a lot of backtracking to boot, only around three enemy types (all the same mold creatures, except one is crawling, one is fat, one has a blade etc.). Oh mutant cicadas as well, can't forget that inspiring enemy.

There's even one "choice" that makes the ending happier or bleaker. I can't imagine why anyone would choose the girl you just met over your fucking wife missing for three years. There are three boss battles, and one of the main villains is left open for DLC I presume, and the ending screen tells you about upcoming DLC as well. First half of the game is about ammo conservation and works decently well, but then there's a weird mix of Penumbra style hiding cut with massive shootouts and nearly unlimited ammo. They also added a loot system and crafting system which is not intuitive at all. The plot is completely forgettable and main character suffers from Donte syndrome, being an edgy swearing teenager even though it's a guy in his mid 30s I presume. Gunplay isn't fun or interesting and lacks normal FPS precision. All in all it's okay if you really really want to try it, but you won't be left wanting more.

Re7 is this years NuDoom. Half people love it, half people saw it as shit

this is a case of the pot calling the snowball black
I like my difficulty to come from hard to kill, punishing enemies, not unintuitively wrestling with my controller

Maybe you have some kind of mental disorder?

You're just bad lad. You want your difficulty to come from bullet sponges rather than operating within a framework for difficulty to be possible.

hey dipshit, I can play the damn games, I just have the intelligence to recognize that they control like ass because of antiquated ideas and hardware limitations
no moron wants to play a racing game where you drive stick instead of automatic, same fucking concept

RE4 is fine, I'm not saying games with tank controls are irredeemable, Dino Crisis is a personal favorite of mine, but to ask for them to make a comeback over objectively better controls is idiotic

*tips fedora*

I'm more intelligent than you though pal, and I know that tank controls are great. The backgrounds they allowed to be implemented are a testament to their sheer greatness, and I'm sorry that you're not intelligent enough (unlike me who is intelligent) to see that.

Survival horror is walking simulation with jump scares.

I torrented it and played through it. It wasn't very fun to be honest - you'd have more fun playing 4, 5, or 6. The plot was decent but kind of mediocre and the spookiness wore of after a few jumpscares. Overall it wasn't a bad game, but there's almost no replay value and it was pretty short considering.
It's definitely not worth 80 Canadian pesos.

Tank controls aren't the problem, just the shitty camera angles and scene-changes, which were a necessity on such a weak system.

There was a few decent twists though.
E-oo!

It just didn't feel like Resident Evil. Except for the derelict ship, but even then. Also, there was absolutely no explanation to anything.
Plus, what happened to that hick who liked puzzles?

What happened to lucas? After you save Mia and Redneck chick dude just up and disappears. Theres no fight between you two.

DLC.

That seems kinda scummy? Think they carved it out of the base game to sell as DLC?

He's clearly set up as a recurring villain; you should actually try reading the in game documents to figure out where he went.

He's just a male Ada, that much is clear, but it's kind of inane to slap him off as a DLC/sequel bait, since his arc was pretty complete already.

One of the soldiers at the end says he had retreated to the salt mines, Redfield was going after him.

And the DLC is about Redfield.

The DLC is about my dick entering your boipussy.

Survival horror is shit controls, shit camera, puzzles and jumpscares.

do you fucks even play video games?

kys

fucking noob get on my level
RE1 takes 15 minutes if you know how

what?
Is this a "biggest flop" nowadays?

RE7 could have been good but Capcom appears to have softened on the survival aspects of survival horror as there's rarely a moment where you feel like you're trying to survive.
Health items and ammo are plentiful even on harder difficulties, there's around 20 cassette tapes in the game meaning that you're never really pushed into a situation where you feel like you're not sure if you should save or not. You can save at every available point and still have around 7 cassette tapes by the end of the game, this is made even worse by the fact that you've already played through the game once so you largely know what to expect and when is best to save, amongst other game knowledge that you've accrued this all makes madhouse difficulty feel uninteresting, speaking of which…
There's little replay value aside from the hardest difficulty having item placement moved around and some minor enemy mechanic changes, if they had made madhouse difficulty available from the start to everyone and not a fucking preorder bonus most of these problems would have been non-existent.

If they had been tougher with the survival parts of the game I think it would have done better but most people can just experience it through fucking youtube and get the same experience that way because there's never a sense of tension to be found due to the survival gameplay aspects, this is because the good parts of the game is the horror, they got that right, at least up until the ship section so in that sense you might as well be watching a film.
Also the big reveal is alarmingly obvious, e.g. Grandma being Eve. It's blatantly shoved in your face all the way through the game which is disappointing, the only thing that surprised me was that Lucas wasn't actually controlled by Eve and was working for some third party but that's a relatively minor thing and is probably sequel bait or DLC related.

wew

With how much budget these AAA titles are getting and marketing being put into them, I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't made a profit yet

WHeres Resident Evil 3 on that list

You realize that the same thing applies to every single Resident Evil game in existence right?
I feel like this game is attracting people to the series that have never touched a single RE game but have only heard about it.

THE IRONY
Go play RE1 then come back here faggot.

Nigger you finish RE1 with hundreds of handgun rounds, a dozen of grenade launcher round of each type, 50 shotgun ammo and more red+green herbs than you can carry
Go play it yourself

Niggerkike you only manage that because 70% of the enemies in the game you can ignore and simply walk past them.

Go ahead, start the game on medium or hard, shoot every single enemy, see how many bullets you have at the end of the game.

The irony.

FF9 was my favourite anyways.
Why's everyone talking about Resident Evil?

Walking Simulator is like the cuck or faggot of video game genres.
It's basically just "I don't like this game and possibly haven't played it so if I call it a walking simulator then other people will think it's bad."

I killed every single enemy I encountered and still ended up with that number of resources
How about you fucking play the game yourself you dumbfuck?

The original didn't have any difficulty options until the directors cut you retarded fuck
Even the REmake has normal, easy and very easy off the bat available to you.

endgame was terrible

I've been replaying RE6 and its an amazingly fun game that nobody gave a chance.

Make me faggot.

What kind of retard wants less content/value for the same price!?
YOU, that's who

I looked at footage of the game without knowing ANYTHING about the drama.

Holy shit what the fuck happened? This isn't Resident Evil, this is a less self-aware Rob Zombie flick.

LEL.
RE7 it's just a shitty FPS with monsters.

I honestly don't see any point playing this game unless you play it with VR.

I liked it because its basically a beat em up but on release it had some really cancerous shit on top of being an unstable trainwreck
Basically the game you would be playing now is very different from what it was on launch date with the amount of patches they've pushed on it.

that's because everyone watched it being streamed instead of buying it because its 6 hours long and can be watched like a fucking long movie

That's, pretty accurate. both are better than the shit we've been getting over a decade, but has design choices that keep it from 'returning to it's roots', and has some serious flaws that need to be addressed in the sequel (but probably won't).

I'm glad survival horror is dead. It was the most pretentious genre and silent hill always sucked as well btw.

It's selling quite well actually. It sold 3 million in 3 weeks and capcoms most hopeful predictions have it at 4 million by march which it looks like it'll make easily seeing as its STILL topping the sales chart faggot.

RE7 put me off because I generally don't enjoy the "being chased by an unkillible monster!" type of game. Especially when there is no way to run or fucking hide.
Seriously, how the fuck are you going to make a game that requires you to use stealth and hide from a super powered monster when you provide NO WAY TO BE STEALTHY OR HIDE?!

It is definitely a new direction for the series and does far better at building tension and horror than the previous games have but the gameplay for this installment just isn't up my alley. A gun that literally does NOTHING, a maniac that seemed ok with keeping you alive for all this time but just wants to KILL YOU now because you're wandering around the house and yet on encounters requiring actual fights will end them in a manner that suggests he is still just toying with you?
Honestly, its like the developers went ahead and just watched all the old Texas Chainsaw Massacre films and then Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movies then decided to mash them all together to make a game. That's great, ok…but this doesn't scream "Resident Evil" to me.

Resident Evil was never scary.

Are you retarded OP? It sold the most copies in the series!

I don't think you know what that word means.

Why are people still thinking OP is not lying? As evidenced it's the fastest selling game in the enitre series.

Git gud lad
You can kill every single monster in the game, you are supposed to do it. You can even perfect parry them to minimize damage.

He's talking about Jack dumbass, you can 'kill' him, but you're just wasting your ammo if you do since he doesn't drop any shit like nemesis does in RE3. It's better to just make a bee line to a save room or some crawlspace because they were to lazy to make the animations of him crouching.

pathetic

Except the fact that Jack only follows you around in scripted sequences with a clear end and objective.
Almost every single time you encounter him, the tools to deal with him are right there in the room.

fair point

Yeah by getting the key/puzzle part and going to the lock/puzzle.

Let me just disregard the entire series then because of almost every single end boss being a scripted sequence
Oh wait those are the best parts of RE4

Technically, RE7 did have tank controls, it just didn't have fixed camera angles.
Think about it. You move up on the joystick to move forward, left and right to turn, and down to go back. The only thing "tank controls" RE games don't have is strafing, but even SH games had tank controls with strafing.
So it's definitely not the controls that were different, it was only the camera.

You can stun lock him using headshots
IMO the scripted sequences with Jack were the best out of all characters. That fucking car scene where he hops in the car himself if you take too long is great.

Watch_Dogs sold 4 million during it's first week. Even if he's wrong, it's not like sales make the game good.

Having played it, that's really only for the first part of the game, and only in certain areas.

It took me a while to get around that. Typically Jack only wants to straight hunt you down, but using doors to your advantage makes it much easier. You can criss-cross through rooms and that bogs his movement down enough that he'll lose sight of you. The other thing is he only comes back at certain event triggers (picking up puzzle pieces usually), so once you learn what causes him to spawn, you can usually do everything ahead of time, then just move on as quickly as possible.

The setup is admittedly bad, but makes sense in the context of the plot, since Eveline mind controls the family to get a family of her own, but wants Ethan to be her father figure. Jack wants to kill Ethan because he knows this and is jealous as that is his role.

By having strafing they don't have tank controls by definition.
RE7 doesn't have tank controls but its certainly no COD or Painkiller with its pathetically slow movement speed and almost no autoaim and weapon spread.

[Citation needed]

This sounds like the "It gets good after 20 hours" bullshit that faggots used to say about FFXIII.

It's kinda of a pseudo tank controls since the strafing speed is SLOW as fuck. I mean for christ sakes it's got the 180* quick turn as well. However most people who played on the PC are going to gloss over this since a mouse is better than an analog stick.

If the timeframe of your argument is what's causing you to not trust my word, then "It gets good after 2 hours", not 20.

Jack just isn't that big a part of the game as it's being made out to be.

Think about it more than not at all
Tanks can't strafe

really speaks of quality of the game and your taste

Tanks also can't hit things with a metal pipe or knife, use a pistol or shotgun, or talk. Are we not going to call it tank controls also for that?
Tank controls refers to the base movement, to which other things are added. Of fucking course a person can do much more.

this argument is retarded, tank controls only ever applied to movement

So you play nothing but 80s arcade games I presume?

By definition, "controls" means more than just the movement, it also means the combat.
My point is taking the movement as a tank as the sole source of game mobility is retarded. It's the base movement, but doesn't mean the character has to be a tank, he can do other things.

You think having a rocket launcher finisher or similar after a battle is a scripted boss?

Maybe he's talking about Del Lago. Hardly the best part of RE4, but it's the closest thing to a scripted boss I can think of.

but the term ""tank controls" as a whole was never used to describe combat or interaction with the world, just walking around, games having actual tanks are never described as having "tank controls" because it is kind of a misnomer, however it is established enough to not cause misunderstandings like the one we have right now

Sure, but even there you have to be good enough to beat it first until the final showdown begins.

Then you should have called it "tank movement" instead of "tank controls".

Do you even have any idea what the plot of RE7 is?

sorry, it wasn't me who invented the term

Alright, fair enough

Never implied anything like that

sure seemed like that from the tone of the post

RE1
RE2
RE3
RE4
RE5

robo.txt is fucked again. who opened the gamergate?

This guy?

Please elaborate.
That's your opinon, but as matter of fact the city setting made sense for the next step in the story, after what happened in the mansion.
I supposed you were talking about RE1.
In that case, the reason is simple, the zombies in the mansion looked like "decaying corpses with rotting flesh and scruffy clothing like some corpse dug out of the grave" because they were wandering in the mansion from a long time, and if i remeber corretly, umbrella was experimenting the T-virus in not only only living gunea pigs, but on dead corpses as well.
In RE2 they didn't resemble corpses because they were people just recently bitten and infected by other zombies, as the outbreak was currently happening.
That's completely subjective, and it's okay.
They never wanted an action oriented game, and tank controls worked great with static cameras, you just need to get used to it.
RE4 and RE5 also had tank controls, is only the camera to change (with the game losing it's atmosphere), but over-the-shoulder faggots pretend otherwise.
And slow paced isn't equal to survival horror, and besides, none of those games are.
Oh good.
better.
Pic related

lol, pure cancer

This is how a child presents logic.

Except that's not what he said at all. all his statement was is that RE7 is not a flop and that it's meeting Capcom's expectations.
Nothing about what that user said had anything to do with quality of the game.

OOPS
Stop spreading disinformation just because you hate the scarecam let's play fruity game.

Puzzles were never fun in RE games, they made you backtrack to the damn item box far too often, it gets better if you know what you're doing but having an inventory that can barely carry your necesary equipment and then having keys occupy as much space as a shotgun was beyong asinine.

So of course they brought back the god awful mechanic that keys and components occupy a fuckload of space in your inventory, guranteeing non stop backtracking through long as distances, cuz that's super fun.

BTW for people curious as how RE2 looks in first and second person in HI definition here's a vid on a mod that did just that, pretty nice if you ask me.

And totally breaks the flow of the game just like giving players the option in the REmake HD to have normal controls.

True, but it is optional, I'd probably stick to a single camera style, although I'd be tempted to watch the environment up close to catch things I didn't see in the original perspective.

I just came in here to say that Sundowner should sue Jack over that boss fight.

Source?

If you called it tank movement then people would be asking why characters can climb ladder or crouch since tanks can't do that.

Bitch, what was the last game that actually had good content and not fluff?

I GUESS KIDS REALLY ARE CRUEL, JACK

Silent Hill was a jump in combat. Different melee weps + strafing and shooting while moving made it that much more (and showed what RE could have been)

I can only assume by this that you did not play the piece of shit that is RE6, it is one of the worst games that I have played, ever.

I thought the fighting was fun. Being able to tackle or dive into a group of zombies and get to knifing is pretty wild. It didn't really have much depth though. I think they patched in another difficulty and some point and it still wasn't very hard. Good but not great imo.
A greater departure for the series than 3 to 4 definitely and certainly a wholesale departure from Resident Evil standards as they're methodical especially in regards to melee combat. Cutscenes and story were garbage.

Now there are 3 camps of RE fags. Fixed camera fags, action shooter fags, and walking simulator fags. This is even worse than before.

the fucking tictac health was so weird, why did they switch to minty fresh tictacs instead of plant body spray?

Bitch, please. RE2 is loved so much because it got everything right. It must really suck to have shit taste.

Gamefaqs is bitching about this game so it must be good.
Actually it is good.
RE8 will be first person.
You'll never play as Leon or Claire again.
Ha Ha Ha
Fucking nerds.

Only on Holla Forums

OP didn't seem to know whether he wanted to shit talk FF or Resident Evil, but the thread seems to have assumed he's talking about Resident Evil.
He's got the mold.

The RE7 is like classic RE but in first person fags are just as retarded as the ones claiming it's no more than a walking sim.

How did Ethan get his hand reattached, fully functioning and healed in such a short time if he wasn't infected?
For most of the game I actually thought he was infected and this issue would have to be dealt with eventually, because of his hand.

The version of RE4 that became DMC was scrapped. Then came a different version that was more akin to Silent Hill and then came RE4 when that was scrapped also.
You're the kind of cunt that likes to talk crap when he has no fucking clue about things and just spouts some uneducated drivel.
Please refrain yourself from posting again before actually looking things up and getting informed.

Don't you have to be infected in order to see the girl? I thought she just hadn't gotten a chance to start breaking him down.

Yeah, I thought the fact his fucking hand got chainsawed off, then sutured back on, and somehow managed to function perfectly obviously implied they infected him with the virus while he was out. But through the entire course of the game every character you interact never seems to go "Dude, what the fuck is up with your hand?". Even when you have to pick who to cure, Ethan never seems to consider the option he might be infected as well.
If the game does imply your infected somewhere it must've gone over my head.

Guys which FF is the biggest flop in the RE series? I'm dying to know.

You begin to see the girl and have hallucinations toward the end of the game. One of the first signs of a worsening infection to the fungus is hallucinations.

Some people say that jack cuts the inside of your outh up in a normally disfiguring way and that it heals indicating ethan gets infected early as fuck into the game.
I don't believe that though.
I think Jack stabs into your face just below your eye and digs the knife into the upper cheekbone for a moment before slicing across, leaving a cool samurai kind of scar.
You never see his upper face.

it would better if capcom either sell it's games ip or let other studios use them get x amount % from sales while in either options don't influence and/or command the development other basic idea what the game should be

It's even more blatant with his leg. I suspect most people never saw that scene though, as you have to intentionally get caught or just fuck up real bad in the early game to see it.

I'm not sure since the only person who's supposedly not infected is you and maybe Jack, and I don't remember the game clearing up if Jack sees the girl or not.

I don't remember when it said that, it's in one of the documents scattered through the game?

That's the way it looked to me, too. Never wondered otherwise.
I suppose this kind of wound in real life would cause distressing blood loss though (because it's in the head area), and Ethan seems barely fazed by it, though it could be explained by the adrenalin rush given the situation.

I don't think the game ever implies this any more than the mere fact his hand healed. Since it's Capcom we're talking about I wouldn't dismiss that this can be just a plot hole. But if Ethan really was infected and this is supposed to be relevant for some sequel, the game could at the very least have given a subtle hint during the ending movie.

Yes

it's all thanks to that super duper first aid med.

Oops, meant to say Lucas

I see.

Fuck off it's nothing like any other RE game so people who bought into the series for any of those kinds of games wouldn't want this.

Exacly

Exactly

Well well well
look who's gay
today

Yeah nah fuck off

RE7 is basically RE3 mixed with Dead Aim and it's the most RE thing since Outbreak came out. Only problems I have with RE7 is the reliance on walky talky bits and its length, although with that last point at least the devs are addressing that with a free DLC, but that shouldn't have to be necessary. A bit more time on the length and the story would have made it a near perfect entry in the franchise.

Capcom shill please. If you want to not look like a shill try actually detailing why the game is similar to the old resident evils instead of just throwing out the old games like they are buzzwords.

It's more similar to 3 than any other due to its more linear structure, 3 also had less of a reliance on puzzles (except near the end) and mostly revolved around moving objects from a to b to switch things off/on. The item combination system in 7 is pretty close to the one in 3 & is a customization style that hasn't been seen in any of the other games.

It has weapon repairing like 3 did although in that one it was assembling weapons, rather than using an item so thats only a slight similarity. The entirety of the Old House had a very similar atmosphere to the Guardhouse from RE1 and the tanker gave me a Code Veronica vibe due to being disarmed but thats probably just my interpretation rather than an intended callback. Obviously the perspective is different but its not brand new although I doubt many people had a copy of Gun Survivor 1/2/Dead Aim so its fresh to them.

The pacing was off but thats most likely due to the focus on more direct story telling through cutscenes and bottlenecks. I would have preferred more files to find and more rooms in the main house to explore that didn't have anything related to advancing the story, rather just some rooms to scavenge for items or files. The bones are all there though, I see RE7 as a good foundation to be built upon because it shows that the team are serious about dialing things back a bit. RE8 needs to have less cutscenes, less checkpoints & more exploration based puzzle solving.

I just assumed that Capcom was getting more flamboyant with the green herb healing effects. I doubt the writers thought about Ethan getting the fungus, but who knows.

Maybe you just suck at criticizing it.
Ha Ha HA

Maybe you just suck period.
oh you sure showed me.

RE5 was fucking shithouse. Chris, Sheva and Jill all had wooden acting and hamfisted dialogue, the gameplay was a carbon copy of RE4 with more action and zero scares, and Wesker's defeat was such a pathetic fight-for-your-friends motif. About the only thing that was mildly entertaining was being a dick and stunning the shit out of your co-op partner with the baton.

I heard 6 was a steaming pile (gave up after 5), but they were both bad games in the Resident Evil franchise, without question.

The game seems to be doing fine, putitos.

It had a smaller budget than RE6.
Also RE5 and 6 fucking suck you dumb negro.

archive.fo/hXy89

Whatever you liked about classic RE is present in RE7. unless you want to explain how it's different. I got the time.
You got the beer?

Maybe he's butthurt about the classic fixed camera. It really does have the other elements.

If it has item management and it has weapons then it's not an outlast clone, period. You doubling down that it is doesn't make you right, it just makes look like a retard. It would be more sensible to compare it to other survival horror games that have combat and item management instead.

I didn't even motion blur the original image, I have no idea why people started doing that.

What was the post you took that from?
I've always wanted to know what the context of this was.

It's just people trying to capture that warped effect without knowing how.

It was a reply to a post that was about weeb furshit.
Now that the Holla Forums archive is FINALLY back up, I can find the original post.
archive.8ch.net/posts.html#!v/4858856_#4875160

Shill please.

Not only outlast, but a mix of also amnesia, daylight and Condemned, and obvously they rode the whole hype surroundind PT to create RE7 with also an emphasis on VR and those let's players who amuse their retarded fan base by screming like faggots while playing these kind of games.
Just like the "we want the COD crowd" current Crapcom thinks more about following the current trends and fads, than making good games.
Saying it's RE because has weapons and item management is as retarded as saying Battlefield is just like Uncharted because you have guns and shoot your enemies.

Fuck's sake m8

I mean good for them if they liked it, but being this passionate in defending this obvious cash grab Crapcom…
Seems like they are Capcom employees themselves.

You do realize that you defeated your own argument right?

Just because it has first person jumpscares doesn't make it an outlast or amnesia clone. Because you can fight back with guns. That whole amnesia and outlast gimmick is that you can't fight back against any enemy. If can do that then it's not an amnesia clone. It's like saying an adventure game is not a game because 'it takes no skill' to play it.

If you want to shit on the game accurately address the faults of it not spout buzzwords and hope they have an effect. I mean one of the biggest issue I had with the game were the unskippable cutscenes. But no you have to go full retard and say it's clone of game that has no combat.

Have read what i wrote?
i clearly said outlast because is probably the most recognizable game that started this new wave of games with similar gameplay and themes.
PT hadn't weapons as well, but you want to tell me they didn't use it as a source for RE7?
It's clear how after saying "there's no market for survival horror" and failing to reach the COD audience, Capcom went;
"You know, these horror games are hot nowadays, we should also do something like that, and lets stick the RE name to it for brand recognition"
If they were as good as they once were, they would make this game a new IP just like they did with DMC, and we wouldn't even had this conversation.

Yes, that why I said you proved yourself wrong.
It doesn't have similar gameplay, since you can fight back. And that's why I said you defeated you're own argument.
See now you're backpedaling, first you said it was a clone now you're saying it was inspired by PT. I'm not denying that, but that doesn't make it a fucking clone. That's my fucking issue with you, make a statement that clearly fucking wrong, that people will dismiss any actual criticism of the game itself by association. I mean the biggest issue why outlast and amnesia are shit is because they are spookfests with very little gameplay. This game has gameplay. Address the gameplay, not insist that it has no gameplay.

How is shipping almost 3 million units considered a flop?

Dude don't even bother engaging this guy, he's been in every thread since the PC demo came out doing extreme counter-shilling, I think one of the devs shat in his breakfast cereal or something

Talking shit out of your ass, are you?
This is probably the first time i post in a RE7 thread
LEL

I never say RE7 has no gameplay, tell me where i said that.
i only said Capcom is just following what's "hot" nowadays instead being true to their series, and againi mentioned outlast because is the most recognizable game of that wave, not the only one.

Because OP wanted to troll, but didn't want to put any real effort into his trolling.

He's probably just as confused as we all are about what you're saying, because you can't seem to stick to a coherent train of thought. From reading your posts, I'm still not entirely sure what you specifically dislike about RE 7. Maybe you should gather your thoughts and write them down in an organized manner (like on a piece of paper) before you post them on the internet.
Maybe, but that doesn't mean that a given game is bad or good, necessarily.

When you said this:
So stop being pedantic about this you know damn well that they're known for very little gameplay other than running away otherwise you've wouldn't have insinuated that outlast is a bad game. If it has combat mechanics by default it's not an outlast clone. Period.

And i'm saying you're a fucking idiot for insisting RE7 is a clone of those games because none of those games have combat and RE7 does.

If want you want to talk about why you think RE7 is shit then state the exact shit you hate about it. Not insist it's like a game that it's clearly not. Like how there's a lack of enemy variety, unskippable cutscenes, or a redneck hunting you down isn't scary.

Look dude, just give it a rest.

Look man just stop saying RE7 is a clone of a game that has no combat. It's as simple as that. If want to talk about the flaws of the game then do so, doubling down on re7=outlast just makes you a retard.

Dude you can't be this retarded, there's some serious autism going on there, quite the accomplishment.
please an hero asap

I already know that you're retarded since you believe that RE7 is an outlast clone. And deep down you know your opinion you hold is autistic as fuck, but I don't know why would you want to kill yourself?
Is it because you're full of shit, you braindead motherfucker?

Since this seems to be the designated RE7 thread, I have an idea for a webm but I have no video editing know how to create it.
Anyway, it's the scene where Ethan goes behind the painting in the old house and gets bombarded by centipedes crawling by and all over him.
I was thinking that while the centipedes pass by, you'd hear a bunch of Trump quotes finished off with the one last centipede crawling by saying "and I will get mexico…to pay..for that wall"

Your mom should have hugged you more instead of spanking you so much, that's why you are this retarded, i really pity you at this point, go seek some professional help, because you need it.
I admit your autism is quite amusing though.

I think the only genuinely bad thing about the game was the slightly generic black blob monsters and telekinesy on the little girl. The atmosphere is now by far at its peak since 2.

The setting reboot was handled in god-tier manner. I can find good parallels to Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and True Detective there, and it fucking works. Hope they'll do more about Umbrella in the sequel but keep them dry and realistic evil corporate-like instead of the Rise of the Triad -tier bond-villains they were in the earlier parts.

I agree, actually. Alien: Isolation is a lot more of an Outlast / Amnesia clone than RE7, yet you don't see people pointing that out all the time. I hate that fucking game

Because it's Chris

Only normalfags hate RE6. It's like the vg equivalent of the Star of David. Anytime someone says they hate it, I automatically know…

Then they surely have a good reason to hate it.