Technically, All Games Are Good

I've come to the conclusion that all video games are fun, no matter what. Think about it: Every single developer who makes a game, is intending for it to be enjoyed by the consumer. In one way or another, there is hidden utility to be gleaned from every product, and video games are no exception.

Don't believe me? Take Hack & Slash for example. Most people call it shit, but did you know that if I put myself into the mindset of a 'Le ironic so randumb' hipster that it's suddenly enjoyable? When I do this, I give the game a break and I start to see its strengths. For instance its dungeons are decent and the boolean unlock system is used creatively in many sections.

You have to be generous and sometimes you might have to look hard, but all games are worth your time.

Other urls found in this thread:

thebestgamers.net/art.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not early access ones

Failed male detected. Hierarchies exist, nigger.

Okay.

False
Propaganda games do not have the intent to entertain, that is a side affect.

Let's be pedantic what's the definition of a game?

Is this a game?
thebestgamers.net/art.html

If all games are good then there's nothing to improve on, nothing to learn from, and no standards separating thought-out game design from shit solely designed to extract your shekels
Such a mindset is incredibly unhelpful for developers working on a sequel for a game, who might be looking for feedback on what to improve, but would otherwise end up in stagnation because 'their game was already fine as it was'. You don't tell any master of their craft that they're 'good enough'. When the player holding the current Mushihimesama Futari WR reached his world record, he didn't take a break to celebrate his victory, he popped in another credit and kept playing.

What you could have better said instead of your blatant bait title is 'all games have redeeming elements to them', and you might have come closer to the truth. But as the definition a redeeming factor in a game is entirely subjective, there's not much discussion to be had in that regard other than 'i like it' 'i don't like it'. Any game can be enjoyed if you try hard enough, but at that point it depends less on the efforts of the creator to provide something entertaining, but more on your willingness to overlook shit.

no

Anything is true as long as it's believed to be true because truth is relative whereas fact is unchangeable. Take the classic Orwellian example of 2+2=5. The fact is that 2+2=5 is a false statement mathematically, but 2+2 can equal anything as long as you believe that to be the case.

Desperate.

No?
I mean unless you add in a different numeric system. Like Base 4.

Stopped reading there. That makes no sense and you know it. Just because I said all games were good doesn't mean they are equally good. All I'm saying is that you CAN extract entertainment for yourself no matter what game you play.

Pyongyang Racer is a fun game.

Except for violent video games. I can enjoy that hipster shit like Undertale if I put your spin on it ('ill make believe this is enjoyable'), which oddly works, but crap like TF2 or Counterstrike makes me think I'm in the movie Event Horizon. I'm shuddering the whole time and thinking how come these psychos want to get those little + numbers so bad that they're gleefully shooting each other in the face. Five minutes of that and I just go 'nah, fuck this, this isn't fun' and gtfo.

or well I guess if you could argue from the common core perspective argue that 2+2 is 3 or 2 or 1 because 4 contains 3 2 and 1.
But that's self evident and semantic filtering to anyone given a vague concept of value of 0 to 9 and a digit system.

and you are illiterate.

Actually no, they're intending it to be profitable. If they think they can cut corners and fill it with bullshit expansions to make the game complete, they will do it. They don't care if the consumer likes the game or not, they will market it to the widest audience to ensure they can make as much money as possible, ostracizing the fan base of video games who played them when they were "lame". Guess what? That's you and me. We have fringe interests.

Gas yourself.

How so?

but…but dude not all devs do that.

You missed the point. 2+2 doesn't even have to even equal a number if it isn't believed to be. Truth is conceptual while fact is based in reality. Here's another example that might be easier to grasp. A husband comes home later than usual from work one night and the wife is asks where he's been. The husband was fucking his secretary, but because he doesn't want to get divorced and pay alimony since he was too stupid to create a prenup, he tells her that he was just finishing up a big project. Now, the fact is that husband fucked the secretary, but the truth is that the wife believes her husband to be an honest, good-hearted man trying to support her.

As a mathematician, I enjoy hearing about numbers getting contained and made property and fucked around with and beaten. Am I right in thinking 4 is the master number of 3, 2 and 1? Like those three are slave numbers to 4, with 3, 2 and 1 contained in a separate space like an enclosure, or is 4 a powersub number?

C'mon man you can't be such a pessimist. You have to try to find the good in games so you can enjoy your hobby. Blackguards was boring at first, but then I learned to think like a D&D player and then it was fun.

You know there's a problem when you can't enjoy a game without learning to think through the lens of a different media you enjoy to make yourself think you like it, and justify your purchase.

Did you have fun or not user?

I don't buy games anymore

Shit,

I had fun, yeah.

Hmmm…well if that's an actual game and not a walking sim, then you could maybe think with the mindset of a white knight. Then you'd be temporarily beta enough to like it.

No, ask yourself again.
What's the difference between having fun with a good game and an 'even better' game? We have people enjoying Halo and Overwatch right now on this board, so what's the point of putting in more effort to be better than the aforementioned games if anyone can enjoy a piece of shit? Some games are obviously better than others, but the way you put it actual quality and effort has no impact on personal enjoyment.

To say 'you can have fun with everything' is about as a meaningless statement as 'it is fun with friends', because while not untrue, it simply leads to nowhere. Yeah, you can have fun with everything, but then what? What's there to talk about?

There's plenty of games I like despite them being flawed in a lot of ways from an objective standpoint, but while the former is mostly opinions, the latter (game design and mechanics) can actually be argued in terms of what works better and what not.

I agree with you

Literally OP's thought process.

Desert Bus and Takeshi's Challenge were designed by people who hate video games and were trying to make the players suffer on purpose. You may argue there's value in them, but don't assume it comes from the developer wanting their game to be played, and don't assume the games are actually good.

this is perfect
/thread

If you skip past the harem and moeshit, and cut right to the fight scenes and plot development, then all anime is good though.

I hope you get cancer.

Don't you know who you sound like?

Shit man no, it means if you have four of something you technically also have any number leading up to four of something.

Smoke and Mirrors isn't quite in the same category as Takeshi's Castle. It was designed around the owner of the game using the minigames to fuck with his friends.

That is by definition, and objective observation a lie. It doesn't suddenly become 'truth' because someone believes it.
The only case where this could be argued is mental disability where the host is incapable of relaying objective observations, but even then it's a lie by insanity. Just like you can lie by omitting data.

What if the wife believes that's the truth but it isn't the truth? What if the secretary is
his wife, and he is a doctor in an asylum where an inmate believes that he is her husband and that the asylum is their family home, but who she thinks is the 'secretary' is actually just another inmate, and in reality the doctor has gaslighted both women he ever dated into becoming wards of his hypnotic asylum prison, but even he is just an inmate that imagines himself to be a doctor. What then M. Night Shymay?

Op is just trying to be "le neutral" guy, but vidya and most other irl stuff doesn't work like that. There are objectively bad vidya just like there are objectively bad cultures and political view points.

That's my fetish.

nah you can be neutral. Saying people have to take sides is tribalist nonsense and is the thought process of a savage

I bet you're one of those partisans who think everyone is either liberal or conservative

Are you sure about that?

Yes user, some people like getting spikes up their ass. Whats your point?

Whats so bad about being neutral? I dont care for either side and just want to keep to myself just pretend I dont exist

Enjoyed =/= fun.
You can enjoy something that's not fun at all, like a sad and depressing piece of music.

If your point is that every game is at least enjoy by one consumer somewhere, you could say that of anything. Where's the standards?

Some people can't be retarded like you and do that.

I'm sure many would disagree.

That is factually wrong
Anyway you must be like 17 so who cares about your opinion?

Have you ever heard about Yandev and Action52?

I don't think you though what you said through.
Let's go over it.
>the truth is that the wife believes her husband to be an honest, good-hearted man trying to support her.
See?
The truth and what someone believes are two different things.

technically speaking you're not wrong
but that entire mindset gives far too much credit to games that absolutely do not deserve it

It's because nobody is more annoying than centrists. You cunts are incapable of giving a fuck about anything, but spend all of your time telling everybody else how wrong they are.
You cocksuckers are usually just unfunny faggots jacking each other off about your inability to actually form a coherent opinion.

This isn't kindergarten OP. You literally regressed in logical thinking. Get help.

congradulations, (you)'ve been awarded a single (you). No purchase necessary, see FAQ for details. This (you) is not valid where prohibited, and will be void upon thread termination. You must be of legal citizenship status and at least 18 years old to claim any and all earnings. Cuckchan need not apply

To be fair that's mostly the publishers not the developers, I think most devs do intend for their games to be fun and enjoyed by the consumer.

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

It's pathetic m8, you should be able to examine the evidence and facts draw your conclusions and come to a coherent worldview based on that. I can respect Holla Forums a hell of a lot more than I can some fencesitting "centrist" faggot, they may be completely wrong but at least they have convictions.
Then you will always be fucked in the end, you may not care about them but what they do will have an effect on you.

One could simply not care about the subject matter and instead prefer to engage in other activities and discussions.
By your logic, you're pathetic in thousands if not millions of subjects that you simply don't have time for, care about or even know they exist.

but you won't see him preaching about how he doesn't know it like he has any sort of moral or intellectual superiority to whatever subjects those are

Except I dont in fact I keep to myself at all times and only form an opinion when asked to I dont care for worldviews I have my own independent view that I dont care to tell others because you're all entitled to your own

Where do you get this shit that centrists are acting like they're better than everyone else. The world is not reddit, leave your house once in a while. Some people just don't care.

But to go against what you're saying, extremism is generally shit. Leftism and the right are both coming from issues that need to be solved (you shouldn't be an asshole to minorities, nations should have clear borders and respect their culture, etc) but they are both fucking wacky 90% of the time. No one wants these wacky SJWs and no one wants the Holla Forums nazis either. It's so simple but you feel like anyone who understands that is a threat

You cannot get pissed off when someone is lucid and can point that out, because what you're really doing is just defending your side and damning any opposition. In which case you were never open to discussion anyway.

That's a different subject.
People who don't have strong convictions is not the same as people acting superior about it
You might be spending too much time on the chans and not enough outside. People are not like that.

I thought Desert Bus was added because of all the people bitching about unrealistic and violent games in that era.

i think "both sides" are fucking retarded but it's more because anyone who wholly agrees with one or the other is either lying or an idiot. My ideas are a mix of elements from what one would consider right or left, but with the obvious inherent hypocracy stripped out.

Why would you ever associate with the left or the right when they are both incredible fucking hypocrites who cant have an internally consistent view if the country depended on it.

You're either with them or against them.

yo nigger tell me why repubs who pretend to be pro small gov are fine with enforcing their godawful christian morals on everyone else when they get the chance.

Tell me why dems are fine with racist sexist bullshit in order to "combat" sexism and racism.

And lets not forget the bipartisan cancers, pro-surveillance, pro-lobbying, pro-war, both parties are these things and more, and because some dumbass somewhere thinks having your own opinions is a meme im supposed to pick a side?

Kill yourself you cancer on our society.

Or you simply don't care. Centrism isn't apolitical. More people should be apolitical.

The political spectrum isn't a straight line, individuals who want a free market but are socially conservative (gas the gays, etc) are right wing libertarians.

Well their argument seems to be that 'everything is politics so you are obligated to care'.

But do most people care? Their argument isn't based in reality, because most people simply don't care. The Communists in Russia didn't come to power because the masses wanted them in power, they came to power because the populace didn't care. It's the same everywhere. Only in the most dire situations do the masses actually get active politically. As long as there's no war, no mass-starvation, and no absurd taxation, normal, neurotypical people don't care about the realm of politics, and why should they?

Im aware of the second axis but even so it doesnt do jack shit for clarifying the positions that take elements from all different places. The correct answer is most likely to be a mixture of elements from various schools of thought, there are a lot of things you wouldnt consider working together due to being opposite sides of the auth/lib or left/right spectrum but often they do.

Most europeans are actually quite knowledgeable about politics.

So literally just lower the standards so low that there are none? That's some pretty progressive fucking logic there. And even by your own retarded logic there are still bad games. If customer enjoyment comes like 5th on the priorities then it doesn't fucking count.
Milking a series and re-releasing the same game is intended to push sales.
Early access bait is to get donations and run
San-Fran shit is intended to win progressive points with progressive cliques
Jumping on gimmicks is intended to push sales

This is wrong though.
This sort of logic makes scribbles by a kindergartner museum-quality.
If you have to readjust your mindset to enjoy a thing, that's not an enjoyable thing, that's fucking stockholm syndrome.

By that point you've gotten far more nuance in an opinion than Holla Forums or Holla Forums have patience for.
People who do politics by drawing lines between collectives don't actually give a shit about your opinions, only whether they can count you on their side or not.

if all games are good then why aren't you rating your ass cancer? the interactivity and vision of cancer cells surely qualify as a video game of its own.

Sure all games can be enjoyed to a degree with the right mindset but it sure as fuck doesn't mean they're good.
"All games are good" is something I'd see pushed by one of two groups, peoples that can't handle enjoying something that other people call shit (or that aren't able to say something they enjoy is objectively bad) or people who make shit games and want some sort of recognition anyways.

The thing is we'll still get Holla Forums trying to recruit people like sjw's matter anymore. And Holla Forums doing more wrong to us than them despite most of the shit that I see pissing me off is full on Holla Forums. Either way, if they're so dead hard on changing the world they shouldn't be bothering faggots who complain about video games every day. I'm fully convinced at this point that Holla Forums is just full of angsty teenagers. Or more likely, the ones who come here are.

Politics is fun for shitposting every once in a while but I'm essentially done putting up with offtopic, autistic shitflinging at this point. Vidya or fuck off unless it's substantial to the thread topic or relative to the subject.

aaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You must be a millennial.

Go back to reddit, faceberg or whatever shitty safe space you came crawling out of. Your thread is objectively shit.