Ksp thread

post cool shit you've done in ksp

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155700-113-realism-overhaul-v1132-august-31/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

STIIIIIIIILL
IN A DREEEEEEEEAM

shameless self bump

I pulled off a Mars landing while working on a ship with no internet. Had no reference material whatsoever, and had only casually played the game before, up to mun landing with no return in a career mode with massive multipliers on money and science.

On top of that, it wasn't even intended to be a landable ship in the first place, and only had a single nuclear engine. On a whim, before launch, I decided to add legs and parachutes to my semi-permanent science station. Put myself into orbit over the Duna moons, fucked around there, orbited Duna, did science there, got bored, and decided to try landing. The fact that I made it to Duna at all was impressive, in my opinion.

If you can't get to Mars on chemical engines with this forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155700-113-realism-overhaul-v1132-august-31/ you meed to gid gud.
Also that pic is cancer
Also, also pic related still makes me sad

do sneks grow to love you or do they just get used to you being there?

I had pet lizards for years and they generally ignored people but sometimes got very playful and would want to play with you.
I imagine snakes are similar.

is this the shitposting general?
>tfw I lost my old screenshot folder

Come on ISS step it up.

I think that's one of the drawbacks of Early Access that doesn't get as much attention. By the time the game is actually "released", many of the original fans will have gotten bored.
I don't think I ever did even a simple Mun mission since release.

I still have some good memories of the game though. Jool missions were always enjoyable, using the moons' gravity to assist maneouvres. I once managed to go from a Kerbin->Jool transfer orbit to closed Laythe orbit with only 35m/s of delta-v, a single aerobraking pass through Jool, and a flyby of Tylo less than 3 km above the higher mountains.

I went on a one-way trip to Eeloo once, but it was boring.

Get some mods
try b9 and lack luster build a space carrier
visit the jool system

hell if you want to get crazy install some mods that add other solar systems and a mod that adds FTL travel and do some interstellar colonization

install infernal robotics and build a mecha

install BDarmory and build aircraft carriers and fighter jets

That's what i love about KSP with mods the possibilities to what you can do are almost limitless

Just finished getting this monster into orbit
It's fully fueled and ready for launch
i'm gonna fill it with landers and rovers and such and send it off to build a base somewhere

Where should i send it?

The other side of the planet.

Here's some screenshots from inside the main hangar

pic five is a rear view of the ship
six liquid fuel/plasma engines and four nuclear pulse engines

finna suck some dickkkk??????

Alright what now?

really wish i had put more lights on it

Put your ship on Minmus.

How do you even get this stuff to outer space then get out and make it?

Do you mean put a base there or land the actual carrier there?

Lots and lots of asparagus staging
Also the aptly mentioned nuclear pulse engines
They're a little op on smaller ships (even on their weakest setting they're fully capable of tearing ships apart during ascent) but with larger crafts like this they're perfect

Land the thing on Minmus.

Alright i'll give it a shot
It lacks landing gear so this might end badly
Also where where those screenshots taken?

This first one is on Laythe the other one is on a moon from "Sido's Urania Planet Pack."

i need to reinstall that
i was going to install it on my last save but i got Outer planets mod instead

Alright that took less time than expected
will post landing results in a second

The best thing I did was build a ship in orbit that used a nuclear reactor/rocket and iirc lithium fuel, had a big science lab, a bay with all the experiments, antennas, solar panels, radiators, all the bells and whistles, and had iirc 12k delta v with a small lander docked to it.

That could have gone better
It crashed into a mountain really hard and all the debris got thrown into an interplanetary orbit

Give me a minute i'll put another one in kerbin orbit

in the meantime think of somewhere to build a base

Sometimes I like to turn on all the cheats and enter atmospheres at ridiculous velocities just to awaken the kraken.

1st pic is version 2.0, 2nd and 3rd pics are version 1.0.

Jesus christ how did you even get speeds that high ?

looks pretty good fam where did you send it?

Version 1 has been to Eve, Duna, and Moho and their moons, planted flags done all the research. Version 2 was planning to go to Jool until I stopped playing. Version 2 also caught up with an asteroid outside of Kerbin orbit. Now I have to update all my mods D:

I had all the cheats on so I just burned my engines for a few minutes.

Alright got a new one into orbit

Now where should i put a base?

Space :^)

Space is pretty big
Could you be a little more precise?

Here's a screenshot of a mun landing i did in 1.1

i have a similar screenshot of a mission i did back in 1.0 somewhere

only difference is it was on laythe and had more pieces of exploded lander in the background

If you have OPM, put your ship on Tekto, you might be able to land your ship there quite easily.

That was on my 1.1 install
i haven't installed a planet mod on 1.2 yet

welp, I'm out of Ideas.

I haven't played in ages.

I think i'll just build a base on duna with some rovers and maybe a mech if i can get infernal robotics working

the thread will probably 404 before i get results if it does i will post a new thread later

for now lets have some banter about previous exploits in ksp

I have karbonite installed should i make it a mining base or just a regular one?

What's new? The last time I touched this game was about two years ago.

They don't care about you because you aren't small enough to swallow whole.

added fuel mining
female kerbals
cargo bays
fairings
revamped the mk3 plane parts(see op image) completely overhauled the flight model and aerodynamics added reentry heat and heat shields
new landing gear
updated the game to unity 5
completely overhauled the UI
upgraded graphics
overhauled wheels
added KSPedia (a highly detailed in game guide for new players)
massive performance boost
shortened load times
increased fps
revamped communications requiring players to create satellites and communication stations in order to maintain communications with kerbin during an interplanetary mission
revamped the cheat menu

bump

Well that isn't a snek it's a python. Pythons are ussually pretty chill animals unless you're mouse sized.

alright i built some stuff for the base i'll put it on the carrier tomorrow and post results here

will make a new thread if this one dies

>there are anons in this very thread that don't use the old css from /wx/
Faggots.
:^)

RPS is a pretty sweet mod

Didn't the devs of this come out as a bunch of SJWs?

If you can't get to Duna and bring samples back to Kerbin with a SSTO you are shit.

no just lazy mexicans
still pretty bad

>mfw real solar system modpack still makes the game an almost unplayable mess

bump

bump

thinkpad masterrace

I think this was from like version 0.0.14 or something. The landing legs were a mod, I think.

First version I played was 0.0.9; there were like 12 parts. No map, no maneuver nodes, no time warp, no Mun, no EVAs, the sky was a skybox that warped above the poles, and Kerbin didn't even rotate. All you could do was reach orbit, and if you wanted to do that properly, you had to do orbital mechanics calculations and use a stopwatch to time your burns, just like the Mercury astronauts.

Those were good times.

Its come a long way hasn't it?

good fucking times

Wait wtf? Is that modded or has it just been that long since I played that you can build interplanetary carriers now? Last time I played you could only stack shit vertically.

You can do docking and assemble ships in orbit

you can also build space stations and fuel ships in orbit so that you don't have to carry as much fuel if your doing a mission to one of the farther out planets

Good luck trying to get your part counts up high enough without dropping FPS to fractions or summoning the Kraken.

Have they released an official 64-bit version yet?

I used to use the fins as landing legs in 0.11, made me feel like a genius figuring that out.

64 bit has been out for ages and works fine.

i built a two kilometer long carrier ship
in orbit and i'm still getting 30 fps

Good for you. I can't even get the game to stop fucking resetting my controls configuration at startup.

Yeah, fucking ages ago. It works almost beautifully now.

What version are you on?

This game is truly a fucking spectacle with the right mods.

Think it was 1.1.2 or something; this was months ago. I have no idea what the issue is. What seems to be happening is that launching the game causes the config file to be overwritten by the default one, resetting all the settings. I keep intending to go back and try a newer version. It was just annoying as hell; takes 5 minutes at least to configure the damn control scheme and graphics settings I like, not to mention the long load times already; made me never want to play.

Also, at that point, none of the good visual mods had 64-bit support. You had to do some wacky workarounds that only kinda worked, if you were lucky.

post my leaked lewds tbh

try 1.2 they made some big performance upgrades and the 64-bit version works flawlessly now

so i managed to get a duna lander on the carrier (after giving the carrier a major rhinoplasty job) so i was trying to put a couple landers on board but i thought of something:should i bring a skycrane to help slow them down in duna's atmosphere or will the chutes be enough?

Chutes are never enough on Duna, one way of another you are going to want to wash off a heap of speed at around 10km.

alright then skycrane it is

just jettison the engines and put some stronger ones on

what's this mod called?

I miss those days.

Raster Prop Monitor

bump

I've seen this webm many times, but this time I thought the guy was gonna pour raisin bran down one of the burners of the oven.

I could, but I'm a sucker for the efficiency. Now I'm getting the urge to play KSP again though. If I still have that save around, I just might try to do something with the craft.

i ended up giving up on the duna mission sincei couldn't fit a rover in the carrier/get it into orbit because i'm retarded and can't build a proper skycrane

but i noticed that the remains of the one i crashed into minmus
got bitch slapped by that mountain so hard that they got thrown into an interstellar orbit
pic related

I forgot to mention that i DID get one lander on the carrier
should i just go ahead and send it to duna?

I sent one before with a bunch of shit on it so that it'd be able to travel around duna without a pilot and get me some science.
I then sent actual people and got them to use the rover

Reminds me of a guy who went to deorbit a useless space-station around the Mun to declutter the area. This being way back when parts were much less fragile (and structural parts like girders were literally indestructible) he smashed it into the side of a mountain, where it exploded into shrapnel sending dozens of bits of debris BACK INTO MUN ORBIT. Good job!

I attempted a landing on duna
unfortunately I'm a dumb ass and wasn't paying attention to my speed
by the time i realized i was going 500 meters per second it was too late to save it
i tried loading a quicksave but something went wrong and i basically reset the save

i'm going to build a new carrier now i might post results here when i'm finished

bump

Literally a newfag

The game was free nowaday.