Mfw all the normalfags i know have cooled and pulled a 180 on the Switch already

Mfw all the normalfags i know have cooled and pulled a 180 on the Switch already

Did the Wii U's bad rep and paid online by a 3rd party actually have such a negative effect?

Day of reveal every normalfag i know was screaming 'get hype' and preordered as i expected. It didn't last however. In the last 2 weeks ALL of them cancelled preorders going from "OMG HYPE DID YOU SEE ZELDA" as i rolled my eyes to "Zelda looks cool but everything is so expensive around it and i'm not buying a console for one game".

I thought it was just anecdotal but everywhere i look online i see the same. Sure there are the blind brand loyalty indoctrination fanboys holding the line to the last against 'the dreaded hating trolls' as usual but on every site i see apathy, wariness and a wait and see attitude i have NEVER seen from the baseline normalfag consumer.

So what happens if its got a launch as bad as the Wii U? they go full mobage and push the new 3DS again?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Iwvzc#selection-7925.0-7925.106
archive.is/Hz5vv#selection-633.224-633.298
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It would be nice if all consoles just started to fail and we could get videogames to be a hobby for complete losers again.

Are you retarded? Pre-orders cancelled en masse? Seriously? It's sold out everywhere. That's the launch, literally every launch unit being sold and impossible to get even before it's out.

It doesn't matter if it's any good. Nintendo learned how to use artificial scarcity to build hype.

Yeah like all the people posing with car trunks full of 30 Wii U's, that was a sign everything was coming up Millhouse right?

Nintendo is on the 3rd revision of its last portable and supported its last home console for just 4 years, 2 of which were droughts.

Nobody in their right fucking mind would buy this shit at launch.

bump

I'm surprised nintendo is so relevant to normalfags. If the wii didn't print money they wouldn't know who mario is. All the other consoles this century have been flops.

lel Nintendo will never get tired of that trick. The Switch will probably be their last console and this will probably be the last console generation for awhile.

hahaha great thread op no seriously really well done hahahaha
check my dubs hahahaha

I mean no seriously op top show hahahah
check em hahahah

2 Million.
But yeah, they'll probably abandon the console market once they realize just how much money they can make with shitty mobile games. Get ready for a Smash Bros gacha game.

test

All I've seen is people warming up to the Switch since they announced how cheap their paid online thing is. Something like $20 a year if converted directly from yen.
Shit thread, but here's your reminder to not preorder consoles.

hmmm

anyway, who cares, normalfags are fickle and the sooner they fuck off from gaming for good, the better

I was hype but they dropped the ball by making you pay for ass backwards online. Was hoping this would be the perfect complimentary console/hanehld combo for my PC, but I guess I'm destined for PC/Vita/3DS combo forever. Sad.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE RUGA

NO ONE LIKES YOU AND YOUR SHIT POSTING

how much of a poor fag are you it's like an extra $20 a year, less than half a game

I don't believe in paying for services that are free elsewhere. This is why I haven't bought a PS4 and never bothered with any of the Xbox consoles.

It could be $1 a year and I'll still refuse to buy it. Don't let the jews jew, you fucking fool.

you can't really play Nintendo games for free anywhere else except the Wii U user

PSN is more or less free unless you want psn+.

or if you want to play your games online.

The Switch is going to fail, hard.
It's looking like it already, even with the artificial scarcity the general reaction is subdued.

It's not $20 don't lie

There hasn't been any official announcement outside yen yet. It translates to roughly $17 to $24 or something like that, but they have no obligation to have the price be the same in different regions.
Also just because it might be $20 now doesn't mean it'll stay the same. Give it a year or so and if it becomes successful they can bump up the price. "It's only $20 what are you a poorfag?" is them getting their foot in the door. Once they've got leverage they have you on their terms.

keep dreaming faggot :^)

Switch will sell well in Japan guaranteed, in the US and Yurope unknown, even if the Switch outsells the PS4 in Japan 5 to 1 Japanese companies will still see the PS4 as the major platform and Switch will see no major Japanese third party releases, but games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Tomodachi, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Splatoon, Super Mario Bros and Pokemon will ensure that in spite of no major third party support the system will still sell well in Japan.

I'm doubtful Nintendo will attract the Niche dev crowd on the Vita, not that the system isn't a perfect fit for those devs, I just have a feeling they will stay on Playstation hardware.

In the west the Switch will have a great launch and will stagnate after that, but it won't stagnate anywhere near as bad as the WiiU, Western third party support will dry up within the first year, however this won't be an issue of the Switch selling poorly, even if the Switch magically captivated western audiences and somehow outsold the PS4 in a smaller timeframe big name western studios will still not support the Switch, it's hardware is too weak, developers want to make games with fancy graphics.

Nintendo will attract indie titles to the system, but all of them will be multiplat and this won't matter at all to most consumers.

Nintendo will spend the next 5 years scratching their heads not understanding where they are failing, Nintendo needs a western arm similar to it's Japanese arm, partially to pad out their own release cycles and partially to offer more variety in their video games. Nintendo of Japan needs to delicately vet key staff to ensure that these people will make games that compliment Nintendo's own releases and not just follow western trends, is such a thing even possible?

I never said it was a Nintendo thing, but it's more than likely coming to Switch, even then, Switch doesn't need it to be successful, it has far bigger IPs than that. Monster Hunter's main installments have now spent more time on Nintendo systems than any other.

thingsthatneverhappened.txt

The Switches success hinges entirely on Nintendo's competence and willingness to ride out a rough start. If they go all in and the Switch becomes their only piece of supported hardware it'll end up a lot like the 3ds with a slow start, but eventually selling between 50-60 million units which wouldn't even be close to Wii-tier success but much higher than any other home console they've released since the SNES. The only problem I foresee the Switch having is if Nintendo panics in the first year and decides the Switch is just a "home console with the added feature of portability" and they release a true handheld successor to the 3ds in which case the Switch becomes Wii U 2 electric boogaloo.

top kek.

They haven't even announced a MonHun for it yet.
MonHun is one of those games that would benefit from cross-play. I remember reading that they stick to one console because they want everyone playing the game to be able to play together. Then again implementing that is hard, and MonHun is a low-budget franchise.

Honestly I wonder if Capcom will keep Monster Hunter as a Nintendo exclusive

They cut it's price by $50 - $100, discontinue the 3DS, market it as a handheld and pretend it was always meant to be a repalcement for the 3DS.

The only other real possibility is this
sadly, the last few Monster Hunter releases on home console sold like shit in Japan and since Sony doesn't have a handheld and likely won't be making another it's probably either Nintendo or the series goes mobile.

Capcom is going to go out of business.

This, Street Fighter V is a pretty good indication Capcom is going to continue flopping.

Yeah, but I think Nintendo are already doing a better job than the WiiU, the first year in terms of exclusives and in terms of quality content is the best first year we've seen since a 6th gen console, so I don't think they will see that rough of a start, especially in Japan, especially with Breath of the Wild helming the systems launch and Super Mario Odyssey holding up the rear of the systems launch. I do think Nintendo not going all in will be a major factor of the Switch's potential success, however they can counter this by simply releasing HD versions of 3ds titles on the Switch where possible, even Nintendo themselves said the system is easy to port titles to and there is already a port of Story of Seasons coming to the Switch.

Personally I don't think that's the issue here, the Switch is a portable, and portables sell in Japan, the 3ds has actually outsold the PS2 in Japan, portables are the Japs platform of choice, this is undeniable. Capcom would now only be considering Monster Hunter's next release for either the Switch or the 3ds.

Megaman is already dead, how can they kill it again.

He is dead, but Capcom is about to rape the corpse to remove any damn good memory left of him.

A part of me wants to see it do well, just to see how sonyggers would respond and hopefully a future for the psp vita aka the most beautiful handheld of all time.

If they sold literally zero they would claim it was selling out

Who cares about what Nintendo does and doesn't do? You either like Mario and Zelda or you don't. This is completely pointless.

Thanks for reminding, me, by the way does anyone have the final version of this?

this but ironically

here.

This isn't unusual. Battery life of handhelds has been dropping quite a bit since the original DS and PSP (which could last up to 10 hours) as there hasn't been much development on batteries despite the increase in handhelds' "power". The fact that it has a similar battery life for its hardware (just being slightly better than Wii U) is actually somewhat impressive. Not a huge selling point though.

That was a good doujin.

i wanna have sex with mokou

Weren't all Switch pre-orders cancelled by Nintendo?
Might have something to do with it.

Thanks for making it obvious that you've never laid hands on a Vita. Even the launch 3DS could last a tad longer than three hours, I make about 7+ on my launch 3DS and 15+ on my Vita

Nigga wat? You can get 6-7 hours on a Vita between charges but that's about it.
I guess it maybe depends what you're playing on it though. I imagine a game that's less resource intensive would probably be less of a drain on the battery.
What model are you using?

then don't pay for the services? online play is shit for everything.

But what about donkey kong and metroid

Your full of shit fam, I have the original OLED model and I get 5 and a half hours tops playing a ps1 or psp game and 3-4 hours playing a vita title and I actually have 2 original model vita's so it's not like somethings wrong with the battery. I'm well aware the slim Vita's have slightly better battery life, but its an extra boost of 1 to 2 hours tops, theres no way in hell your getting 15 hours of battery life out of the vita unless you jerry rigged yours up to a fucking car battery.

I can see the system being a total flop, especially considering you need to pay out off the ass to do anything with it. Like seriously wanna play some Mario Kart with 3 friends? Better pay 210 dollars in controllers.Wanna play online? Better have a credit card ready. I mean sure there's gonna be the occasional drone that gladly laps it up, but the core Nintenyearold market is gonna have a hard time getting their parents to pay 600+ dollars for a system that stops working after a single drop. If they wanted that they'd just buy their kid another Ipad.

Your aware it isn't 1998 anymore right? The core Nintendo market is neckbeards and manchildren, kids care about Minecraft and FNAF not mario.

Well at least here in Mexico people are already backing down from "I'll preorder" to "I'll wait for a sale/when it has more games besides zorldor". Not so much about the paid online, but because the MSRP will be almost doubled, closer to what a high-end smartphone like a current gen iPhone or a Galaxy costs here. And that's the console only, no games.

inb4
That's a forced meme by Nintendo. People here are more than willing to buy and rebuy consoles and the same games because ninty. But you can only milk them for so long, and the economic climate in the current year has pretty much fucked the acquisitive power here.

Maybe because the burger cost $20 pesos, gas is going up and narcos are still killing tacos?

The top version of Sonic is fucked too. Chubby Sonic was the one that starred in the playable games.

Also fabricated uncertainty in the market because Trump won.

Stop lowering your standards

I really want to buy it but
If it's not around 6,000 Nintendo can go fuck itself.

archive.is/Iwvzc#selection-7925.0-7925.106
Not even the Slim had anything close to 15 hours.
archive.is/Hz5vv#selection-633.224-633.298

The only poorfag here is the man willingly getting jewed out of his money.

Will Nintendo ever realize that there is a fundamental flaw with the design of the Switch? Or have their tiny Nippon brains been too clouded by money to care?

Nice 4gag quality post and all OP, now tell us about these normalfags you know

Hey Enig how's it going?

>3u, 4, 4u, mhx, mhxx, mhs, poka poka village dx, 5

Didn't their mhe/mhdh went literally nowhere after they've closed the beta?

There is a fixation mechanism I believe.

What are you talking about? Wii and 3ds had/ve online features and are pirateable platforms. And even if that is not enough they all have an emulation community, dolphin and citra. That's as free as you can get.

Give me $10 a month and I won't come by and physically cut off your internet connection.

It's only an extra $120, don't tell me you're…too poor to afford that?!

Who cares about normalfags you know?

Its called a dota clone, stop trying to legitimize esports cancer

mobage = Mobile game
You fucked up but it's okay.

What's the appeal of the console besides Mario, Zelda and Spaltoon? the bomber man games looks fun as fuck but it's not a system seller
I could consider buying the shit if it had a decent Metroid game anounced
Then there's also No More Heroes 3 wich may be agood game but it ain't a sistem seller either…

Why does reddit think its acceptable to come here?

Please nintendo is going to continue to keep MH on a fucking handheld, because it works well for nips.

MH dos emulated is the best MH to date and that's pretty sad.
Or maybe MHFU emulated.

"no"

Don't know about 2, but FU is definitely better than 3u, competes with 4u for the title of the best mh game.

Eh, I'd tie 3U and FU honestly, 4U is obviously the best of the bunch though.

anime girl memes are shit tier

Yes, you fucking tribabies.
You think the game handing your resources and yet still requiring to grind bosses several hundred times is improvement of the game.

You have a shit taste then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

???
Nintendo own MH now?

Hype subdued greatly by a mediocre lineup with only one or two known-for-sure "allstars" (Zelda, Spla2n), but:

Always a lot of clamming up involved whenever somebody brings up the thing will have system-sellers, no matter how badly it does before that, just by virtue of the Pokemon Company and Capcom not running back to Sony with their tail between their legs where MH is concerned.

Nintendo has little to no say in what MH does but the MH team seems to vastly prefer handhelds to consoles for their games (much to the irritation of autists who think they'll ever make a MH HD or otherwise take a big graphical leap from the PS2-era graphics) and at the moment they're Nintendo-exclusive.

It's even worse then PS2 era graphics that's the problem.
On top of the shitty controls, I want to use a fucking controller not have arthritis by the time I'm 35

They're more roughly analogous to a pump-up of the PSP games' graffix but honestly they're nowhere close to bad enough for me to not be able to tell what's going on or otherwise be unable to tell it's MH.

Could always connect a controller to your 3DS, last I checked you can do that with homebrew tools.

Didn't you already post that image in the other Zelda thread?

???
MH Team control where the game goes now, and not the publisher/owner of the IP Capcom?
You learn new things every day. First Nintendo own MH and second the developers are in complete charge of where the game goes.

I just play MHFU and Dos emulated.
I've been tempted to buy a 3DS but then I remember it has worse graphic fidelity then the DS, and has a 3d gimick no one uses.

Nintendo doesn't own MH whatsoever, their tiny amount of say (if they have any at all) comes from the games being on their consoles.

I don't think it's to that extent but the MH team gets a hell of a lot of leeway because MH is fucking huge and still growing. Common story is that they're on 3DS now because they were sick of Sony breathing down their neck to include more and more trophies.

I think you need to understand when to see a condescending or ironic post. At first sight they're difficult to spot, but I'm sure if you put lots of lots of effort into it you'll find the difference!

Ah just suck it up and buy a 2DS or something then, or find a N3DS secondhand for $120-$150. 3U and 4U are fantastic.

Not even gonna look at your smug queef bullshit.
Fucking faggots.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to discern your post from typical autism.

Good to hear that bullshit tactics and garbage promises are finally taking their toll. It's been bullshit that Nintendo has coasted on the fond memories of people who haven't played a Nintendo game in over a decade.

You're trying too hard to give yourself hope.

No they really aren't I've watched enough nothing really stands out.
3U still has the fucking water combat shit, and 4u reaches anime frontier levels of retarded.

Did I read that right?

Happy to watch nintendo finally fall.
Now the good weebs can prevail and Sony can get more 3rd party devs.
Hello Xenoblade.

I think you're mixing up Generations and 4U there.

for you

Well atleast the normalfags you know are more humane.
Some Fire Emblem fag I know is getting the Switch just because it's going to have a new Fire Emblem game, despite stating that it's paid online service and gimmicks are fucking terrible and not worth the money.