Peter Singer

Is there any man that busted the spook known as human exceptionalism as well as Peter Singer did?

MUH SUFFERING is an arbitrary means of measuring the value of a living being, certainly more arbitrary than the average practical and intellectual capabilities of a species.

Then why should the murder of an infant or a retard be judged more harshly than that of a more intelligent pig or whale?

Why should "human" be the qualifier, why not gender, or race, or class?

Because the entire subject is about the value of species, not gender and other internal features of an individual species. I don't even fully agree that only average intellectual potential of a species should be the one deciding factor of a species' value, but I disagree more with only muh suffering being the only factor.

life was a mistake

try again you fucking bully

read

Stay mad

Sadism is a spook

illiterate bafoon

I did and wow it's an argument but you could have should have made none.

So how do do you measure the value of a species? Is it
intrinsic?
But then
So average Autism Level or whatever is objective but actual pain is a spook. Noted.
I'm glad suffering doesn't matter; let me come over and pick your eyes out. After all, why do you matter, really. We'd first have to measure the average intelligence of your family first. Why your family you ask? Well it's a criterion just as arbitrary as species.

Not an argument, you pretentious waste.

u

Fact is, I don't know. The whole subject is essentially dominated by singerites who circlejerk their bullshit. Maybe I or someone else will make a more accurate model for measuring the value of species some time.

Existence is suffering for the weak. ask any 5'4" pothead
giving them a pep-talk or reorganizing capital so its less exploitative won't fix the lumpenproles.

Daily reminder that Hillary will never be president.

Good Accelerationism FTW

Creatures with more intelligence generally have more power over their actions (aware of more options, aware of more of their actions' effects, etc). Trauma operates in a cycle - traumatized animals pass on trauma to others. It follows from this that we should prioritize the animals most likely to cease causing suffering themselves, as the knock-on effect will be greatest and our efforts will be multiplied. Intelligence is one of several factors to take into account when setting priorities. Get this fucking hippie out of my face.