Emulation Thread

Retroarch a best EDITION

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

DS4 > 360 > WiiU Pro/DS3 > Bone >> Logitrash/Horishit/Bone Pro

Yes, and yes. The problem is you aren't going to find a one-size fits all solution for shaders. One shader may look incredible with 2d games, but look like shit with 3d, or vice versa. Create your own custom shader setup for best results. If you're computer illiterate, just google "retroarch shader settings", find one that looks nice, and copy the settings.

Kill yourself :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/
sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/
archive.is/qyYFh
amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2
amazon.com/PlayStation-Dualshock-Wireless-Controller-Black/dp/B0015AARJI
10ghost.net/MAMEHubDownloads/MAMEHub_4.0.zip
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
cnet.com/products/philips-30pw9100d-30-crt-tv/specs/
wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Why_can.27t_I_play_Pokemon_Diamond_.2F_Pearl_.2F_HeartGold_.2F_SoulSilver_.2F_Black_.2F_White_.3F_Why_aren.27t_they_supported.3F
github.com/batteryshark/CHDSSF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there any good xbox emulators yet?

Never tried it on PC but my results with 3DS were less than satisfactory, are the cores just lazily ported or something? There's no fucking reason I should pull 3 FPS with the Virtual Boy core available on New 3DS for Wario Land. Meanwhile the SNES9x build for 3DS runs like a dream even on O3DS.

maybe its the cores itself that aren't optimized

Works perfectly on PC.

Read this: gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/

That.

Retroarch is generic wrapper trash. Just because you can use a spoon to eat food and dig a grave doesnt mean you should.

Oh hey, it's the mednafen guy. Now we just need the really fucking obnoxious original hardware PS2 sonygger that will nitpick any PCSX2 content posted, and we can get this fuckfest rolling

Is the Bone controller really that much worse than a 360? I love the controller for that but the D-pad for that is terrible.

Shittier build quality (and the 360 isn't anything special in that regard) and significantly worse shoulder buttons. While the bone's d-pad isn't "mushy" like the 360 pad, the microswitches are very stiff requiring far more pressure to activate them, making it very fatiguing for your thumb if you're trying to play a game exclusively using the dpad for movement.

It's fine if you're a codfag and play nothing but first person shooters, where the d-pad is never going to be used for movement, but that's not what we want for a multi-system controller.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Aside from RetroArch allowing a bunch of new features and making things convenient, a lot of the cores on RetroArch don't get upstream updates. It's all done downstream on the libretro cores.

RetroArch is the best emulator.

It's perfect for a Raspberry Pi or some other custom-emulation machine you've got hooked to your TV but seems kinda clunky for general PC use.

steam controller

How can I run fzero gx properly? There has to be a way to run it above 30 fps when the camera isnt pointing to the ground

Specs? I've got an ~$500 PC and it runs at 60 FPS in most scenarios. Latest Ishiiruka build and using the Vulkan backend instead of D3D11 or OpenGL, settings are all completely stock otherwise.

The UI has a minor learning curve, which is something you'll overcome in about 20 minutes of fucking around with it, and you've got your all-in-one solution (up to 5th gen) with a unified shader system.

Bone-tier.

Enable Skip EFB Access from CPU.

What do I need to emulate N64 and SNES on my Wii?
Do I need a SD Card? An external hard drive?
How do I play Metroid Prime 2.iso on my Wii?
I'm a complete idiot.

sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/

Do you think it's worth trying Tekken Tag 2 yet? I have AMD and it says it should work, but there can be some glitches, there is no sound etc. I don't know would it be worth downloading 15 gb for it. Asking for its Wiiu version for CEMU of course

OP has shit taste as usual.

For N64 and SNES, just an SD card. Any size works so long as it's formatted with Fat32. Same goes with Gamecube isos, but an external hard-drive (this time formatted to WBFS using tools) is far more convenient due purely to the amount of storage available, depending on how large the library you want to play. If you just want the one game an SD card is fine.

Not quite there yet.

Heh.

Like I said: Shit taste.

Filters/shaders are fun little settings but I don't really treat them as anything more than the novelties they are. Typically I get tired of the way they change the game's look and go back to the grainy/blocky original graffix anyways.

I agree fellow anonymous poster, games are perfect on release and the community can in no way improve upon them. Doing so would be extremely distasteful.

Next post, are you going to say they must like COD or some non-argument like that?

Just a reminder:
Sombody found a fix for the crazy bloom issues for AMD users when emulating Xenoblade Chronicles X but was too dumb to include the name of the game in his post.
archive.is/qyYFh

It is convenient because your hands never have to switch from the controller. If you really wanted you can quickly edit all the settings in the .cfg.

I agree completely. Older games are 100% perfect and can in no way be improved. Doing so would be arrogant and entitled.

Autism :^)

Again, you put words in the mouth of other people, then you sperg out about it, maybe it's you who are autistic

Show me on the doll where the shaders touched you, user. You're in a safe place.

Well not by an idiot like you anyway.

Also:
It's like you don't even understand why CRTs are valued.

Post-purchase rationalization is a bitch, ain't it?

:^))))))

Filters are necessary for GBA especially.
It's screen has totally different colors from your average LCD monitor.
If you emulate without adjusting for that you'll get highly oversaturated colors.

I want to use a sega saturn or genesis controller with a raspberry pi. I can either hook it up with the gpio pins or use something like a mayflash converter box to plug it into a usb port. Will gpio introduce less input delay than the converter, or will it end up being about the same?

Im trying to run Metal Slug though retroarch but apparently Im retarded, it just CTDs at different stages of loading through different cores.

Going to need more details than that.

It's almost like you enjoy eating feces.

Do any of the fire emblem if fan translations work with the roms or do I have to hack my 3ds?

RetroArch version 1.4.1
Tried loading the metal slug zip through FB NeoGeo and the rest of FB cores and then the MAME cores, reverted back to menu on the former and CTD on the latter.

You forgot the BIOS, didn't you?

DS2 fags WW@?

Depends. For PS2 games that make use of the analog buttons, I'd place the DS2 on a separate tier with all original controllers being used for their original consoles with adapters.

As a multi-system pad, I'd put it on the same tier with the DS3, although it definitely trumps it from a build quality standpoint. Those things are built like tanks.

Emucucks at their finest folks. Nothing to see here

At first i thought your controller list was in ascending order but then i figured out you're really just a fucking faggot with shit taste.

For n64 you're looking into Not64 (updated fork of wii64) but you're only going to play the most popular games since n64 emulation is poor in general, but specially so on a system as weak as the wii.
For SNES you can try the wii port of Snes9x or retroarch, I recommend retroarch since it's still actively updated and it includes Snes9x and other emulators that might work better.
You can use a sd card, a usb flash drive or an external hard drive. a SD card will do the job just fine and due to the wii's shitty usb ports it might even be faster than a usb flash drive or a hard drive. Just make sure things are formatted to fat32, but if you only have a sd card with 2GBs capacity the wii and homebrew are just as compatible with fat16 and fat32, and you should use fat16 on something of that size.

Scanlines just show you're a pleb because only niggers had CRTs with scanlines all over the place, either that or you're pretending to be a nostalgiafag and nostalgiafags are just as cancerous.

Fuck right of laddy
DS4 is an overpriced piece of shit. DS3 is ideal for PS2 emulation as it actually has pressure sensitive buttons.

All sony and microsoft controllers are overpriced pieces of shit, although i have no idea about nintendo ones other than the wii mote since i never had them.
While like you said ds3 is good for ps2 emulation, anyone is better off just getting a decent controller instead of consoleshit.

Nope, all in order.

Where is this anti-jew sorcery located? I want one if its going to be that cheap.

Considering the lack of features it has, it should be less than half of what DS3 costs.

user I think it's time you take a break from posting.

Why not just use MAME or FBA standalone?

amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Black-CUH-ZCT2
amazon.com/PlayStation-Dualshock-Wireless-Controller-Black/dp/B0015AARJI

It has actually gone on sale for $42 several times since the revision 2 has come out, so it can be as low as $1 more than the DS3.

You mean top-tier macropad that does not interfere with ergonomics in any way.
That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

It works for me with the plain MAME core. Can you confirm that other cores are working for different systems?

way to go

Copy CUH-ZCT2 into the bar or something. You should be sucking my dick for spoon feeding you, tbh.

are you fucking sony shill or something?
It means exactly what I think it means
How about you look it up yourself?

So you want to play sum classic arcade vidya with a bro online?

Look no further than MameHub!

How to install?

Get the java runtime 1.7

Forward port 6805 on both tcp/udp

Download 10ghost.net/MAMEHubDownloads/MAMEHub_4.0.zip and run the included bat file (or sh script if you're on Lunix)

Register a name and start or join a game from the lobby!

And you're done! See you there!!

The new Start/Select locations are comfy as fuck and require less movement. I don't know what's wrong with your thumbs.
If purchasing one Sony product in the last ~15 years makes me a shill, sure, why not :^)
Then you're retarded, because the triggers are analog which makes them "pressure sensitive" inputs. I await your damage control on that one, sperg.

Nigger have you actually used a Dualshock 2 in your life?
The triggers work differently from a pressure sensitive input. There is a reason why DS3 differentiates the analog triggers from pressure sensitive buttons despite DS2 making no such distinction.

Nah you're a fag.
t. Edge-301 and DS4 owner

Are you trying to say that the DS2 has pressure sensitive triggers instead of face buttons? Because I've got my other Sony purchase sitting in a drawer ~12 feet away right now and I can tell you the DS2 uses digital shoulder buttons.

What the fuck are you even complaining about? It's like you've got a double digit IQ and are just looking to argue about some shit on the internet, despite not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

didnt have the opportunity but the Metal Slug 2 works fine

Dude if you seriously are having these issues go look it up. DS3 and DS2 have PRESSURE SENSITIVE FACE BUTTONS AND BUMPERS. It literally is a fact so stop being a fucking sperg.

Or you're baiting, in which case kys.

Its just the lobby that uses java though.

It's getting there

wasted triped, spoonfeeding does nothing wrong.

visible black lines were most visible on larger displays with a higher quality signal that would minimize noise. If you were using s-video on a display bigger than 16" like most consumers would be using at best (apart from the RGB exceptions) you'd have very visible black lines. Or "scanlines" as emulators have dictated them as in common discourse.

What's wrong with java?

I just want to play Metal Slug

Retroarch is a meme made by faggots, for faggots. Why can't we go back to the application old days where shit was simple. Embed related

You're retarded, especially when we're talking about emulators which are most often going to be used for games meant for dpads.

get the original hardware, it's very straightforward!

Windows user spotted.

It's really obvious bait, you fag. Nice ID, btw.

AUOAUAO U BGOOD BAIT
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO—

DS1 > DS2. No sponge buttons.

Just get Kawaks, mate.

I'm trying to play Link Between Worlds on citra, and I'm having the smallest problem that's driving my autism insane and making the game completely unplayable for me.

The movement keys aren't moving me in exact cardinal directions. All the movements are off by maybe 5 degrees. Pressing right send me right and slightly up, left sends me left and slightly down. Same type of issue with up/down.

Is there any kind of solution to this?

He means those "HD filters" like the one in his reaction picture obviously something like desaturation filters for GBA are fine.

Get a controller with an analog stick? And doesn't that game let you use the D-Pad?

It doesn't have controller support.

That's bonkers, the thing has the circle pad and a clit mouse and all those motion-sensing bits, you really want those hooked up to a controller.

Joy2key/xpadder just map keyboard keys to controller buttons. If the issue exists with natural keyboard inputs, joy2key just transfers the same problem to a controller.

Ever stop to think that it might be part of the game? Does any other game suffer the same angular issue?

All emulation is shit past GBA.

Any suggestions as to how to get Dragon Warrior 7 working for ePSXe or Retroarch? Both it and Legends games are still really choppy in the sound department even after searching around for the suggested plugins, bios, cores and tried fucking with the settings.

I know my comp isn't a super toaster since I've run newer gen games on it.

Anyone of you niggers know how to fix the door bug glitch in Alien Resurrection?

After days of pain trying to figure out why my official Wiimotion+ and official Nintendo Nunchuk will refuse to work with Dolphin+Skyward Sword I have come to the conclusion Dolphin really doesn't like the integrated Intel Blutooth chips, so now I need to buy a blutooth USB dongle even though I already have blutooth

And yes, I have tried the new experimental Blutooth Passthrough, still nothing

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay turns out the rom I downloaded from 2 different sources was broken
downloaded from a third source and it just werked

Have you tried a different stack? Personally I use the Toshiba one, but it has to be modified in order to work with unsupported adapters.

n e v e r e v e r

Use mednafen. All you gotta do is drop the rom onto the exe and it just werks.

Setting up controllers, filters, etc. is an asspain sometimes though, and the MedGUI arguably just makes it worse.

Also fucking faggots always upload games in MDF/MDS format or whatever the fuck, having to convert them isn't that big of a deal but it gets tedious.

You should be using Redump for most CD systems.

Alt+Shift+1 and do the Konami code. Oh and once in a while you'll need a BIOS file.

I heard there have been great advances in PS3 emulation lately, but what's the state on the Vita and the newest consoles?

OP is a faggot but i think we can give him the benefit of doubt since ps2 developers are retarded and even when they could they very rarely made use of the analog input from the buttons, so he probably didn't play the 2 games that made use of it.

Oh boy.
I'm diving back into the world of emulating. I haven't emulated anything since ZSNES' netplay release

I'm pretty fucking retarded and know nothing about Retroarch or how it works. Is there any retard-proof guidance on how I can play SNES vidya?

I'd like to introduce a friend to Seiken Densetsu 3 and do some netplay, but I don't really know what's good to use these days.

Thanks, bros.

I looked at the Paper Mario TTYD compatibility page and am unsure if new revisions fixed some of it's bigger glitches. Want to replay it with the HD retextures.

They support it because they only need to care about the emulation part, everything else is solved for them. Retroarch it's only one of the many libretro frontends, there are others you can use Which aren't much more promising than retroarch but the possibility exists.

No need to use retroarch, just download the regarded best emulator for the console and open the rom file.

But user, the regarded best emulator for the console is always retroarch.

Gran Turismo 3 and 4, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, All Three GTAs.

Sure there's more.

Just get SNES9x. It's the core Retroarch uses for SNES anyway, and it's drag-and-drop easy.

Retroarch is not an emulator.

Why was my post deleted?
I was just asking what you niggers think about bilinear filtering.

retroarch is objectively the best. I tore down an old laptop, bolted it to the inside of a milk crate, and attached a 4-way ps2 controller adapter and tbh I'm about ready to uninstall ubuntu and install lakka.

libretro-popocorntime and libretro-webkit when?

And your post is not an argument.

There's more to life than just arguments.

I thought he ran out of arguements.

To you maybe, since you don't have any.

Doesn't Legends and Legends2 have a perfectly good PC port? Why don't you play that port you autistic retard?
As for DQ7, its works perfectly
As you can see, this guy is playing it on his fucking phone with no lag and shit

meant to quote

Because it's hard to remember Capcom having anything to do with PC before ports became popular with Japan.
Maybe I downloaded bad bios or something…

Anyone have any suggestions towards good games?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators
Download a better emulator

Anybody actually tried emulating on an iPhone 6? How was it? My cell provider is going to give one to me for free.

It should work fine. The CPU should be strong enough for up to PSX. Get Retroarch with PCSXR - Reloaded.

I guess it's XEBRA next since it's the only thing I've ever seen suggested beyond Mednafen.

I got a n64 controller for my PC, but the controls are fucked and I can't figure out how to bind it, what do

Once when I jailbroke it. There was a really comfy one called GBA4ios which allowed controller input and tons of customizable skins. Even better is Provenance. It plays NES, SNES, Sega and Game Boy.

When will the Mednafen Saturn core for Retroarch be updated to include Save States? I want to play Astal, but don't want to start all the way in the beginning again, plus inputing the Level Select code is such a pain in the ass.

Whenever upstream adds any sort of support for it same as the PSX core, meaning 1 or 2 years from now

Make a macro

collect the switch outputs and make a custom dinput profile for it? google is your friend for weird bindings.

i suspect he hasn't ever used a good console controller, otherwise you wouldn't see that retarded comparison list

Forgive if I ask but what's a macro?

Okay, from what I can tell it's something that automically inputs multiple buttons right? Because I have to tell you that Astal requires you to input the code first from another controller in another port, and I don't want to tell you how overly complicated that part was.

It's not too hard.

I use it can't get RA to work on Debian Wheezy and oldass OpenGL drivers, and their version of PCSXR sucks, i'll try compiling Xebra or something later

NTSC >> Memelines

Do not make me post it, user.

Would JoytoKey work? Again the code input requires two controllers.

Dunno never used it, it requiring two controller shouldn't be an issue as long as you map out thing properly everything should work.

Cry more

How the fuck do I play Conker? My laptop with intel hd 520 plays Dolphin just fine, i tried Conker on PJ64 (burn in hell zilmar) and it fucking crashes (??!!) when the title comes up in the intro. N64 emulation gives me a fucking migraine, anyone got a simple step by step for just running this shit, ideally not in PJ64?

Mupen64plus core for retroarch should work fine without any configuration, and has more features than the standalone Mupen64plus.

Although it's also possible that there's something wrong with your tom.

My tom is perfect you fuck.
Seriously though I'm sure the rom is fine and if I completely removed all of PJ64 from my comp and redid it it would not fuck up, but fuck PJ64 seriously. Will RA mupen run well on intel hd 520? I mean, dolphin 5.0 runs great as long as I don't up gfx settings and use d3d instead of ogl, Idk if you can make a call on how mupen will run based on that

Why would I though? I'm getting the best experience

DS3>DS4

How? Especially with that shitty dpad. You're just trying to shitpost to make up for not having a DS4, really the two controllers are not much different

Implying that the DS4's hard and sharp-edged d-pad is better than the DS3's one.

I bet you even bought into the "remaster" kikery.

DS3 dpad is only good for auxiliary shit in 3d games and giving you carpal tunnel in 2d games. DS4 dpad isn't as good as Ninty dpads but at least you get used to it quickly and it feels okay.

Hardly, the UI sucks.
Isn't hori supposed to be tournament worthy or something? Never used one.

That edit completely misses the point of the original; sega for off-topic.

Good on you Charlie!

All my consoles are modded you faggot, I can play the full library how it was intended to be played without jaggies, fucked up sound and full compatibility.

Sure, I bet that 460x320 image looks great when upscaled.

thanks Pajeet!

Increasing the internal resolution isn't upscaling you fucking retard.

I use a PS1 dualshock with an old Radio Shack USB adapter that's suitable for nearly all my emulation. It's awkward for the Genesis because that had its own button layout, I could get another pad for that but it's not a big deal.

Finding drivers for it is a bit hard though, since it's old, but that's only an issue if I have to reinstall the OS or whatever.

I don't emulate consoles beyond PS1 on the PC, I have a modded Wii for N64 games.

Modded Wiis can read a 64 or 128 GB SDXC card, provided you have the latest firmware and format the card to FAT32. I use a 128 just fine.

You should use whichever emulator allows you to play naruto games in which you get to have sex with sausgay.

Anybody know how to make epsxe load eboots? Fucker keeps crashing

Update only 2.x.x has support for them and I'm not 100% sure it even does on hte PC port.

Nevermind, had to set CPU overclocking to 1x. Works fine.

This is why nobody in emulation threads likes you
Get a better emulator and stop using shitty dumps.

epsxe is a better emulator than the pain in the ass Mednafen. Who gives a fuck about "Muh accuracy", I want "Runs the fucking game and doesn't require a god damn month of configuring to make shit run"

I am not the retard who is clamoring for using a shitty emulator at a shitty resolution on a shitty display m8

Because you totally gain something for running early 3D games with triple digit polycounts at resolutions above 640x480

.pbp are probably the best way to dump PS1 games as of right now they're probably the best way to store PS1 games since they're basically just .bin/.cue in a container with lossless compression support.

Do you even realize how retarded you sound right about now?

It's only plugin hell if you go for "MUH AKYURASEE"

You're actually fucking retarded

Because aliasing totally doesn't exist for low poly models right?
What the fuck would you know about picture quality, you use a shitty emulator on a shitty display at a shitty resolution.

That depends entirely on what is the source of your dumps. Assuming how this retard is using epsxe, he probably downloaded his eboots off of emuparadise.

WHERE!? Minir is dead, Phoenix (iTunes UI cancer aside it's still infinity times less frustrating than RetroArch) has been in alpha for over 3 years.

Jesus christ, LibRetro is a cool idea, but RetroArch is the colossal boat anchor weighing it down. Like all modern software, it's caught between sadomasochistic *N*X CLI cavemen, and congenitally retarded consolebabby toddlers.

Unless you're such a nostalgiafag you've stooped to using an actual SDTV via TV-out on an older GPU instead of a vastly superior PC aperture grille CRT, you're the reason us CRTfags have a bad name.

You do realize that CRT monitors are capable of outputting resolutions larger than 640x480 right?
Or are you one of those bandwagoning retards who think CRT=old TV?

I think you badly misread my post. I'm saying that the only almost defensible reason to emulate 3D games at native rez instead of cranking them to max like PC games, is if you're displaying them on an authentic SDTV, complete with disgusting interlace/composite/bleeding/etc artifacts.

As if my specific condemnation of 640x480 (which is in fact higher than practically any ≤5th-gen game displays at internally) wasn't clear enough, the attached photo of arguably the greatest CRT ever produced (notable for its ability to display [email protected]/* */ among other modes) should be clear enough indication.

Currently running a GBA emulator on mobile because out of state.
Playing
Any other suggestions?

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Wario Land 4

spoiler those images please, its heart breaking.

>started 'hard mode' run for TTYD double HP for all enemies, +1 DEF for bosses, some of the bosses are kinda bullshit as seen in pic related

What are those pics meant to be? Are they a xbawks dev unit or a prototype?

I think the user in your cap is a noodle armed nu-male.

Yeah, OG Xbox devkit that some ignoramus gutted to use as a PC case, instead of turning over to the homebrew community.

cnet.com/products/philips-30pw9100d-30-crt-tv/specs/
I'm a biggish guy (6', 170#) and while I'm fine stuff like that solo across level ground with enough elbow room to wrap my arms around the bottom corners (screen against my chest due to imbalance), carrying something that awkward and delicate up stairs, let alone through a stairwell with tiny landings and (self-closing, RAGE)

NOODLE ARMS
O
O
D
L
E

A
R
M
S

Bitch, men have been carrying their wives (who unless they are womanlets, weigh more) after marriage through way harder shit for longer for ages.
If you don't spend your time sat down eating hotpockets, you can carry it.

Call me back when you can carry your waifu (that you also can't see past) up four flights of stairs in a cramped stairwell with doors at each end.

Is n64 still shit?
Has any progress been made on it?

Some progress has been made with the vulkan API allowing more control over modern graphics cards and better n64 gpu-accelerated render emulation. But it's still shit, both the emulation and the console.

CEN64 was our only hope but the development slowed down to a halt.

Nigga please i can tell you were never anything but a noddle armed skinnyfat fucker by the nonsense you spew.

GlideN64 is shaping up really nicely
Modern top of the line CPUs can run angrylion at constant 60
PJ64 got 64DD emulation last year from absolutely nothing
Webm related
That effect was not properly emulated in any hardware plugin until GlideN64. Not even the VC release emulates it correctly.

Anybody got the latest patched .apk of drastic?

Why is N64 emulation shit, and what's the actual difference between that and the real deal? I only tried emulating once years ago using project 64 and assumed the choppiness was due to the absolute toaster I had at the time (barely ran windows xp properly)

wow, they need to use a software wrapper for a hardware exclusive 90s 3D API to emulate an effect that no emulators could get right.

This is why original hardware is superior

the dithered transparency effect for mario is achieved on most emulators these days by saying lol fuck it just alpha and call it a day accuracy doesn't matter :^)

N64 hardware is complex, highly original, undocumented (lots of other consoles had things leak, or simply used hardware that was common elsewhere), odd (weird design decisions everywhere) and the console simply didn't have as many good games as others.

I dont know much about emulation but is there a reason why emulating a game like diddy kong racing was almost flawless 10+ years ago? whats different about that game to other 64 titles?

It wasn't
It was probably hacky as fuck and people didn't care about any inaccuracies as long as you could play the game.

The long and short of it is that the N64's graphics pipeline wasn't entirely fixed-function, a part of its GPU called the RDP was sort of like the PS3's Cell SPEs. This meant that arbitrary general-purpose code could be written for it, which of course had to be emulated entirely in software on PCs until D3D12/Vulkan.

One workaround for this was that many games recycled the same software (called microcode) for the RDP, making it worthwhile for emulator authors to reverse-engineer and port PC-native versions that are partly fixed-function by hand.

Of course, now we have the ability to emulate the RDP perfectly on GPUs, but that comes with its own drawback (like all low-level emulation) of working poorly with emulator features like high resolution and advanced texture filtering.

p-p-pepe?

what the fuck?

mupen64+ and glide64 final are breddy good

The devs have some autistic hatred for those games and don't plan to support them
wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq#Why_can.27t_I_play_Pokemon_Diamond_.2F_Pearl_.2F_HeartGold_.2F_SoulSilver_.2F_Black_.2F_White_.3F_Why_aren.27t_they_supported.3F

Not just that, the faggot even sabotages contributors that attempt to implement features that might allow Pokemon games to be playable, despite the fact they are useful for other games too.

Why are modders and emulator coders such fucking retards?

Yeah Drastic is a better emulator all around than Desmume. If only it was on PC and didn't cost money.

gee I don't know user
such a mystery

How's the Wii at emulating Playstation games?

It's your loss
Plus, if you don't wanna play on mobile, bluestacks is a really good option
Or you can go for genymotion if your PC has high specs

What a bunch of faggots
They are the reason DS emulation is still not that good
Thank fuck for drastic, even if that shit is closed sourced payware and on a mobile OS; I am glad at least someone is working on perfecting ds emulation
Plus, it's really easy to pirate and also run on pc via android emulator

I can only explain it by thinking they didnt want hoardes of poorfags storming their forums asking for pokemon related things

talking soft mod but I wouldn't be surprised if some nigger made something . here I googled for you.

I've already got a patched APK with me
Does that support controller inputs?

Doesn't really explain why he sabotages the work of other contributors then
Wifi emulation went from preliminary to non existent in Desmume and the original excuse was a DMCA from nintendo when that doesn't make any sense because Dolphin had online support for games like MH Tri even when the servers were up.
Its more likely zeromus is incompetent and is trying to mask it by making excuses.

Are there any Dreamcast or N64 games that work 100% on a Raspberry Pi3? So far I don't see the point in having those emulators aside for Mario64 (which we are all tired of playing) and Smash 64.

HOW TO INCREASE RESOLUTION WITHOUT CRASHING EMULATOR? THANKS

They were also autistically opposed to non native internal resolutions, because of muh developers vision.

First you make sure your hardware is actually vulkan capable (and not that "maybe kinda" crap you get with GTX 6xx and HD7xxx, if you're using intel don't bother unless you're running linux and it's an Haswell or better since their windows driver is crap beyond belief and ivy bridge or earlier are basically unsupported now).
Then you make sure you have recent drivers (376.33 or latest stable for AMD)
Then you make sure RA is set to use the vulkan backend (settings > driver > video > vulkan)
Then you change the option and it just werks

I always thought that Sacred Stones was the prettiest GBA FE, but with shaders on a high-DPI screen it's gorgeous.

Definitely can't do vulkan, but when I change it to opengl it never sticks and it crashes after changing the resolution as well.

But I finally got it to stick. Mostly involved starting game, changing one option, shutting it down over and over. Else it would crash. Working now. I'll report back if any other troubles.

Which shaders are you using?

motionblur-simple → gba-color → lcd-grid-v2. There's a preset for it in Retroarch.

Whenever I up the internal resolution it cuts off chunks of the screen. Makes certain games unplayable. Even happens at bootup screen. How to fix.

Not to mention most of early N64 emulation were programming hacks to make it run on toaster computers and there were many schisms with everyone creating their own plugins for things instead of focused development.

Its a known issue that seems to affect specific settings/video cards
I personally never encountered it but have seen multiple people encounter it
Try the latest nightly maybe?

OpenGL has been broken for a while and can't do more than native for most people.

Is it possible to increase the internal resolution of pre DS/PSP handhelds?
I want to emulate GBA but I don't like how stretched everything looks in fullscreen.

Whats the point supposed to be?

No, but you can set it to integer scale and potentially set up some pretty shaders. GBA and below are entirely 2D.

you know mankind built the pyramids

forgot image

Can you play mame roms online with Retroarch?

I think so. I haven't done it, but I'm pretty sure netplay is implemented in some capacity.

Yes.

Do it. I love reading technical breakdowns about this shit. The drier, the better.

What's the best emulator to play Shining Force 3?

That's really intriguing, I have plans to do something similar. Would you mind sharing photos of it?

You wouldn't survive in the wild.

Select your rom from the menu and run it. It's not hard.

Astal is awful

Don't use redundant plugin based ps1 emulators.

Sony SDTV's have aperture grille, as do certain Mitsubishi's.

If you're using an LCD screen you already have motion blur. No need to ad even more with a shader.

SSF. Mednafen has missing graphics effects in battles.

RetroArch's interface is embarrassing though, it's a true statement on the insanity of devs and the laziness of people like me that nobody's made an actual front end for LibRetro.

Regarding SDTVs, unless you're using a European set with SCART, you're going to be stuck with Y/C, composite, or even antenna in. There was only a decade or so window in which large numbers of CRT EDTVs/HDTVs with component/VGA inputs were made, and many of them actually used mandatory laggy digital processing just like contemporary LCD/PDP panels.

Not to mention that even if you go for the best models, I think they still maxed out at just 60Hz 1920x1080. The only real plus I can think of is that the slower ignition/decay curve of TV phosphors offers better motion performance at low (24-60) FPS than a PC CRT blasting through the same material at 72-240Hz.

You take that back, the CLI interface for Retroarch is fucking great as are CLIs in general

CLI isn't painful enough, needs more pointless flagellation.

Command-line interfaces allow for precision, speed, and ease of use that a GUI can't match. The only place that a GUI is absolutely necessary is interactive editing of images and video.

The exception, not the rule.

CLI is necessary as a totally compatible last-resort interface for machine access (remote control, scripts, other programs) to hook into, but using it as a default interface is insane.

Perhaps even more infuriating than CLI is messes of (usually undocumented) plaintext files that have to be found/moved/created in the exact right mysterious hierarchy of (usually invisible) folders, in the exact right formatting, which RetroArch also requires a lot of. At least I've never had to fiddle with makefiles to get part of it working.

Also, those are almost completely software-based, meaning (unless it uses a popular library to do it), you'd have to make a special hack just for each individual game to do typical "3D emulator" tricks like bumping the render resolution or filtering textures.

Although, strictly speaking, many of the same tricks ARE applicable to 2D games on such systems, due to their reliance on fixed-function hardware.

That's the main issue with RetroArch. It works really good for many consoles but there are some circumstances (shitty/poorly-ported cores, spotty filetype support [which is mainly a problem for Mednafen Saturn], etc.) where it ultimately becomes more ideal to use a standalone emulator.

Choose one

How do I import a mGBA save into VBA-M? I need to do this for testing.

I should have said import battery doesn't work (asks me to overwrite and nothing happens) and exporting as a gameshark save then importing doesn't work either (gives pic related even though it's the same game)

Further testing with importing saves (other games and gamefaqs saves) has VBA-M give the same error (including J) just with the correct id for current game. Any idea how to fix this?

Well fuck.

There is some sort of patch to load .CHDs directly in SSF instead of having to rely on crapware.
github.com/batteryshark/CHDSSF

Just got PSX and PSP emulators working on tablet via Retroarch.

What are good games that are not controller-intensive since I'm on touchscreen? For example, Silent Hill or adventure/exploration games.

The first few Persona games are pretty good.

If you like fighting games Tekken 3 for PSX and Tekken 6 or 5 for PSP, you can even play them multiplayer via emulator if you have any friends. I think you should be able to play Clock Tower, some of Final Fantasy games and I can't really think of anything else atm that isn't controller intensive

First two you mean :^)

nigga please

Yeah, but Persona 2 is divided into two games, so I would consider it three.

I have one of those, but it defaults to disabling analog. While with a DS2 this isn't a problem, it's extremely annoying with a guitar hero controller. Does anyone know if there's a way to fix that?

You don't even need the hardwarefags to make those user mad.

Thanks, will check them out.

Should I get PSP or PSX version?

PSP versions, though one of them either didn't get ported or the port wasn't translated, I can't remember.

Neat. Thanks.

Fuck visual boy advance.

If it wasn't for emulators I wouldn't have discovered the majesty that is Warsong/Langrisser

VBA has a color correction filter but it's pretty shit it just washes out the thing and doesn't actually reproduce what the original screen displays.

I'm going to play Ara of Sorrow on retroarch, which color correction shader would you recommend? As even VBA one looks better than default parrot palette.

I personally use psp-color because I kinda got used to the looks after using a PSP for GBA emulation but it might look too saturated and bright still for some games.
You really can't go wrong with gba-color or nds-color, but If you really want something as close to the real thing as possible then gba-color with the screen darken setting to 1 is about ow I rmemeber the thing looking in the first place (never had an SP though so can't say about that)

Also if you really wanna go the extra mile then you also have the shader to reproduce the screen look entirely but honestly it's not that great.

I haven't paid attention to it in years but is Sega Saturn emulation decent yet? If so what emulator do I use?

I just want to play Shining the Holy Ark

Mednafen Saturn if your game and PC work otherwise SSF

thanks

There's no DSLite-Level coloring, right? The thing that I noticed that the late-era GBA SPs and DSLites have that saturation

No, but there might be a way to readd some color saturation on top via another shader effect or modifying the shader itself to allow for higher saturation, although psp-color might be a decent substitute since it's more saturated than the other two.

F I L T E R S
I
L
T
E
R
S