Into the breach

The FTL guys are making a new turn based tactics game. Looks small scale but fun.
Is the scale too small or just right ? Terrain altering, good or not ?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/pol/res/9230861.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

isn't this just advance wars but rotated?

I don't know the scale of advance wars. This one looks smaller.

That scale is mobile game tier

Any word on a demo?

I like this meme it's like DmC Devil may Cry

Shit, that scale is tiny. The game looks kind of neat but is right, it looks like the sort of thing you'd play on Newgrounds in 2004.

What was that game that would release now and looked like an underwater FTL?

Of course it's full of stronk, independent and incredibly ugly womyn and niggers. The West can't die soon enough, these self-loathing retards deserve exactly what they are going to get.

This kind of caught me off guard. I thought the FTL guys were less cancerous. Can't see a single white guy on those pics.

It's designed for mobile. FTL made it there and now they've tasted the shekels.

Sorry to learn you're blind.

I just grabbed some images and threw them in the thread. I had fond memories of FTL.

looks shit

I'm looking up FTL. Looks pretty white to me.

does anyone else thing it strange that they're using the exact same font as FTL? do they think it's part of their brand now? idk i'll check it out it'll be an easy day 1 pirate regardless.

Explain to me how that's not a white guy on top. It's especially obvious compared to the nip.

At that age he could easily be an old gook. The guy in the helmet is questionable too.
There isn't 1 distinctly white guy in 9 crewmembers shown. And the dev team is 80% white.

I think you're looking for rabbit holes.

We all know what HBS ended up doing. These fuckers will try to stealth pozz you at the slightest opportunity.

I think you are in a crater and ignoring it. I got hyped when I heard FTL but relooking at the images it's crystal clear. The devs are cucks.

Says the guy who can't spend one minute looking for their opinions on this on twitter or their website. If the game's good and there's no obvious PC shit in their I'll play it. Don't see why you're getting so riled up over what's probably nothing considering you can probably just make your own crews.

Go be a cuck someplace else.

If the pool of crewmembers is *diversity incorporated* what difference does it make in how much you switch them ?

I don't know how to feel about this. I fucking love FTL and still play it occasionally, but a turn based tactics game on an 8x8 grid is not terribly compelling. It will probably play better than it looks from this trailer, but I would rather they had made another semi-realtime roguelite.

This is why you guys need to man up, start lurking Holla Forums, and get a perspective that goes beyond "SJW faggots fucking with muh vidya"
We live on the outskirts of a culture dominated by marxists and marxist narratives. Only when you truly understand what that means, can you understand why someone that isn't completely a cuck, will perpetuate the narratives of feminism and multiculturalism anyway.
Most likely, they didn't want to make the protagonists all white and caved to pressure, nor do they have some delusions of sending a message by making them PoC wymyns. They are simply following the dominant cultural and artistic narratives of their time. The stronk wymyn who is better than her male counterparts in every way is just as good a trope to them as the damsel in distress was to countless generations of traditionalists. Traditionalists who, for the most part, didn't think too hard about the philosophical implications of their art, just wrote stories about brave men saving pretty girls and felt joy working within the framework given to them.
If you really want this pozzed shit out of your vidya for good, take the redpill, fight for traditionalism, and promote traditional narratives in art. Otherwise you can sit in the corner, jerking off waiting for the industry to crash, and autistically screeching at the guy trying to make you see the context.

You've just described every last game that the "indie" development community has produced since 2010.

Why don't you fuck off to your own board then. You're actively looking for a game to have a character that isn't white so you can say it's sjw propaganda. That's more embarrassing than you probably think.

Pick only white members. Problem solved. Black and Asian people in a mech game doesn't make them SJW's. Again go to their twitter for 12 seconds to prove me wrong. I honestly don't know but I'm not jumping to conclusions like a faggot.

Real men usually don't browse hugboxes.

You really aren't good at this shilling business.

Seems pretty boring, since the scale is tiny as fuck. Unless they can pull a curveball and show off much larger maps with plenty to work with, I have little hope for this.

I don't really like turn based games. I guess if you call me a shill enough you'll actually start believing it though.

Of course there's no hope for this game, it only has niggers and chinks. If the game was purely aryan, then I would've loved to see more.

Real men are more interested in life-guiding philosophy and world-understanding perspective than increasingly unfulfilling escapist Skinner boxes.

Real moms choose Jiff.

So only aliens ?

.gif is pronounced JIFF, behead those that say GIFF
pity those that say JIIII EYE EFF

I didn't think I'de like FTL before I started playing it either. I'm willing to try it because I actually play video games and the devs first game changed my perspective on the game.

Then maybe you should go to your own board and all agree on how clever you all are. Holla Forums is vidya. It's not my problem you can't accept that.

No the white people on the screen. If you want to argue if the dress is blue or gold we can. It won't get very far though.

GIFF bitch, whatcha gonna do now?

Do you see the fucking problem ?

You're basically arguing there is no malicious intent on their part, yet shit like this doesn't happen by coincidence. They made a conscious decision to overload their product with diversity, either out of cowardice or out of political inclinations.

Neither reason is particularly praiseworthy.

Well 4 aren't even shown or are alien. And of the remaining 5 you could say 2 are white. So not bad I guess. This game might be a global defense force sort of deal to. Which then would make the diversity make sense.

Diversity never makes sense, libtard

Shit, I forgot about my flag.

A global defense force having people from multiple nations doesn't make sense? Fuck off.

You've been sucking Firaxis' dick a bit too much.

If ayys were ever to attack and something like XCOM formed it would be 99% whites and East Asians because they're the only ones that can fight worth shit.

Come back here when you finish high school.

Is that Adam Jensen on the top right?

How many more mental gymnastics do you plan to do ? This isn't a game made for africa or asia.

Fuck off back to /leftyshill/ if you want to (((talk))) about your propoganda.

So we're not going to bash the game on basis of the gameplay, but about fucking portraits? What the fuck happened to this board?

If realism was a concept that took precedence over everything else there would be no EDF. So the point's moot. Given the context it makes sense. If you don't see that then agree to disagree.

Where's that twitter post of them advocating diversity faggot? I honestly haven't said this game isn't pushing for a shitty diversity signal. I just haven't seen anything yet to convince me otherwise.

Nice argument fam. If this thread weren't full Holla Forums right now I'de probably think you were shitposting. I'm sick of off topic politics in general, fuck both of you shits I want to discuss vidya

We bashed the scale and unit count already. There is little else to talk about.

This is what I've been trying to get at. I don't fucking care what they look like. How does it play?

You're the cocksucker arguing that defending the world would be a "global" initiative. Stop moving the goalpost you Marxist cockroach.

Looks kinda small but I like the giant monster idea. I don;t really know why some anons are whining. But then again anons will be anons.

it was made for ants

Easier said than done. You could say that we should start making art and games ourselves, but most of us aren't content creators and lack the talent to be. We can vote, but as has been shown removing entrenched Marxists from power is easier said than done and requires widespread popular support.

Most people are not really as cognizant of the pozz propaganda as we tend to be, and have grown up in such an environment that the thought they don't have to suffer Jews and their propaganda in their escapism doesn't even register to them.

But no one is refusing to acknowledge them. We're all more than aware where all of this is coming from, I'm just pointing out that there is no clear and quick way to fix this.

The Netflix backlash is a start, but that only happened because the Jews really overreached on that one, to the point even the servile goys smelled the stench.

By all means, if you have suggestions on how to make things better, short of voting with our wallets and spreading awareness of Cultural Marxism I'm all ears.

Keep false flagging dipshit. I said I hate both of you and I mean it.
This is why you fucks are so thick. The majority of Holla Forums doesn't talk about video games either. Wonder why that is? Whether Holla Forums agrees with you or not still has nothing to do with video games.

In a world less focused on realism, the concept of a division created by an alliance between multiple countries that also has multiple races makes sense. That is as bare bones as I can say it. If you can't see how that might work then agree to disagree.

And dropped. Thanks user. It's almost like you could have avoided this whole argument if you just did this in the first place.

I don't have infinite time. You could have done this yourself.

Kill yourself, kike-nigger.

Maybe you should stop being a lazy faggot?

Fucking hell, is there a single game dev that isn't pozzed?

Vavra.

That last load always rather irked me. Do this to a woman, and you get the same shit, too.

To be fair, I don't ever bother to look either. Then again I don't really give a shit.

yes it have now crawl back to the shithole you came from.

>>>/reddit/

What's with those tactics games with incredibly small environments, isn't a large and variated environment one of the main features of this kind of games or am I missing something?

Nah, Im just not a whiny faggot.

Daily reminder that Holla Forums encourages spamming on Holla Forums.
8ch.net/pol/res/9230861.html

Isn't that just the guy who does the music though?

Made with mobile in mind. Some developers can smell the indie bubble bursting on PC and consoles so like vermin they're the first to jump ship.

Just don't buy the game if it irks you so much, you fucking nigger.
Fucking sick and tired of all the bitching and moaning.
Don't like it, don't support it. Don't buy it.

Looks like a bite-sized tactics game. Understandable if they're going for another permadeath game where you have to go through multiple runs and shit.

Holla Forums is fucking trash and dead. It died at around early 2014 and late 2015.
They all can fucking kill themselves. Holla Forums isn't their playground to have a proxy board-war with Holla Forums.

So there's him, Running with Scissors, and the Hatred people.

Women having fragile egos is the fault of the patriarchy, user. Check your privilege. The idea is not to make sense, it's to assert your membership of the in-group by attacking the out-group.

Look at this shit.

And most importantly, don't discuss it, right fellow gentile?

like i said
>>>/reddit/ is more for you then enjoy being pegged don't forget to not whine about it :^)

Just don't be fucking autistic about it. Nowadays, fucking autists keep jumping at the shadows like there's a commie under every rock.

Excuses made by weak fucking faggots who don't have the hard discipline to fucking pick up a goddamn pen to learn how to draw or fucking write code.
If being a keyboard warrior is all you fucks can ever do then we're fucked and our industry is fucked.
There's a lot of shit you faggots can do.
If you have a job, start up a blog and do investigative journalist work as part-time.
Be a fucking jewtuber. A game reviewer.

You fucks know why gaming is filled with fucking leftists?
Cause you left them have it.

There is no such thing as talent, and calling a shit ton of great artists 'talented' is an insult to the amount of hours they've spent practicing and learning more about their craft.

Oh, you're the cuckold that deleted his post and failed to answer the question when I asked what suggestions you have on how to fix things.

Carry on then, I'm just going to ignore your bullshit.

I don't care if the thing you're defending is technically laudable if you're being a retard while doing it.

But that is reality and just how pervasive it has become. I'm not working with any artists on my project and probably no musicians either.

You are the retard here.

Stop playing western games. Stick to japan and some eastern europe.

I don't delete posts.

I'd say it's overblown influence. Enough to be a nuisance but not enough to be unavoidable. They just look like they're everywhere cause they still own the press outlets.

I hate Holla Forums as deep as it gets, but this guy is actually right.

There's that tumblr word again, you niggers need to stop pushing it it's not going to catch on.

Yes he is. I wonder if anyone even will look up the lead dev's twitter or game designer or whatever. Probably not.

lead dev has no twitter.

I believe that's a mod. Here are the actual human sprites.

hey fellow videogame playing goyim, if you don't agree with my totally lowkey Holla Forumsitical opinion on a videogame board you're all fucking cancer and deserve to be gassed -t. 1488% true aryan gamer not a goon I swear

put up some more "white women deserve to be thrown into rape kennels" posters around elementary schools some more, common fajita

Is it good?

does it matter? there are niggers there you know

(1) 25sec apart wew

are you retarded?
also it was just a joke

will you drama instigating goons ever learn?

Kill yourself. I just asked if the game is fun, don't get me caught up in your autism nigger

nobody knows, it's not out yet

You know what? I see a lot of bug killing, stop the hate, bugs are our fucking friends not our go-to-villians in vidya!

yes i am

i am not a goon i fucked up bully me i deserve it.

Looks fun enough to pirate it.

EDF should build a wall to keep all the giant insects out of Japan

And then make the bugs pay for it

Jesus Christ what's with the reckless faggotry in here. Where are the hotpockets when you need them?

They are making them pay for what they did ever single day. The war is still going on and they need YOU to finish the fight against the giant insects!
Join EDF Today!

I'm gonna bully you into shape until you are tough like leather, swift like a greyhound and hard like Krupp steel

just some classic d&c
>>>Holla Forums9230861

i could have a use for /fit/ bullying

We should coexist with bugs, they are part of nature

Whatever happened to tactical games having interesting level design? They felt a lot more large scale and natural. Every tactical game I've seen these days are just flat planes with different textures.

user, you know i love bugs, post more.

They dont want to waste time in details, so they push the random buttom to create maps

So there's a token nigger and an asian, as much as the dev is a massive cuck if is his twitter, I can't really give them shit if there's 2 minorities out of 9 characters.

I feel like I have to buy this game just because the devs are fighting against historical revisionism.

Diluvion? Only the crew view looks like FTL, the rest is baasically nothing like it.

It seems like a pretty cool game, very heavy emphasis on the simulation aspect. For example, to quicksave you have to drink liquor and the more you quicksave the drunker you get and the harder it becomes to do stuff like lockpick and fight.

I'm just not all that sure about the combat, when I pirated the beta it was very clunky, but that was close to half a year ago so there's a big chance they fixed it.

I will save the FTL.

its a bit small for my liking but it really depends on the game itself doesnt it?

Is this why we've had all the "grid-based turn based strategy games" threads lately?
Testing the waters for viral marketing?

It does look neat though, I'll give it that.

I'm not the one that started bitching.

Back to your hugbox fam.

lol

Musicians are usually the first to go full faggot. Just look at Binding of Isaac.

PACIFIC RIM MOD WHEN

That's what the game already is though?

Don't give them any ideas. These creatures are blind and tasteless, and will fail on their own. Only people handing them a lifetime of game design expertise will be our undoing.

He just fucking told you how to fix things.

Well actually he did at first, then he started talking about investigative journalism and jewtubing like a retard.

But you know the bit about actually becoming a game developer? There's nothing stopping you from doing that.

It seems kind of uninteresting compared to FTL. FTL was a really unique game which brought some really interesting things to the table gameplay wise, had a great soundtrack (which was also seamless and interchanging), was moddable for fan made content, and gave you some different options for resolving things with the different events and battles you faced.

In the Steam description they specifically mention

Perfect Your Strategy: All enemy attacks are telegraphed in minimalistic, turn-based combat. Analyze your opponent's attack and come up with the perfect counter every turn.

I guess in theory it doesn't exactly sound different from FTL, but considering the size of the maps and that your goal is to defend cities makes it seem like you'll have a linear path to try hard countering certain enemies when dealing with certain missions or whatnot. I guess the idea of small maps like what was presented in the video don't really seem much fun, especially if there isn't much of a meaningful story to progress by completing the mission. Front Mission, Fire Emblem, The Banner Saga, different RTS games, and such at least give you a reward after completing each mission with advancing story elements and maybe giving some cutscenes. FTL was definitely not so much focused on the story as much as the journey of getting to the end basically, so I'm not sure how the devs will handle the story content to reward the player for progressing through the game.

A turn based strategy strategy like what I saw in the trailer just doesn't look interesting and just feels like retreading old ground of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, The Banner Saga, Front Mission, and etc. Not to mention isometric games in other sorts of genres that seem like they have more interesting level design and larger maps/levels to figure out.

This game seems like something made for mobile devices, implying it'll be a more simplistic game. Not that there's anything wrong with that, some games get by just fine with being more simple. But this game doesn't look like anything special, at least not yet. Some bits of the interface look like hardly changed elements of what FTL had in spots (the life bar things, power grid levels in the upper left similar to FTL ship hit points, character portraits on the left is in the same spot as FTL crew member list, and such).

I don't mind small scale battles as long as there are a lot of variations on scenarios, enemy arrangements, and terrain. It could turn into something good, or it could become mobage-tier trash.

They're reusing a lot of the FTL engine, it looks like. Might as well recycle the font too.

I can see the resemblance.

Why waste money on making it look good when they know people will pay for shitty art?

Programmer art is now a permanent feature. In every game.

To be fair, he's just the music guy.

I'm only going to say one thing about the Holla Forums shit in this thread, and move on to mecha stuff.

You know Subset games is a Chinese based company right?

Seriosuly, leave. You're not wanted here.

LEAVE

shilling, bad?