Shitty Video Game Companies

I fucking hate Bethesda so much.They canceled a sequel and Wrecked prey simply for the fact they thought the name was cool. They said it's because they couldn't find a way to go with the sequel but i'm willing to bet it's because these new faggots paid more money for a title like every other game company has been doing recently.

Is there even a single company that isn't shit?

Any Slav or Turk developer

What did you expect from a company led by a corrupt lawyer?

But Prey 2 was an absurd project that didn't have any right to exist in the first place. You're just pretending it had any worth just because you've run out of other ways to bitch about bethesda.

You mean Zenimax.
Bethesda is the dev, Zenimax is the publisher.

They made like three good games over their entire existence, and they've existed since the 80's.

Exactly this honestly. They just buy companies to get their ip's and release shit.

Well, there was that sick-ass trailer and gameplay footage that was abandoned for some reason.
The idea of rebooting a franchise with one title sounds retarded, just start a fucking new one. Especially since it's nothing like the old one.

Morrowind, Oblivion and Redguard?

Prey 2/human head is far more tragic than just a cancellation. It was Bethesda's botched attempt at a hostile take-over by depriving a company of resources and insisting met milestones were insufficient. Bethesda has done this to many other companies, but only human head survived it, even if they suffered and are just now recovering.

Yea My bad.

Was just about to post this.

its like separating google and alphabet. People on bring up the difference in situations like this.

Even CD Project Red went to shit when they had investors and half the old team walked out/were fired.

I'd also argue some Jap devs are good. Jap AAA has gone off the rails lately- maybe from trying to appease their own audience and the west- not to mention smartphone casuals of both regions.

Comparatively smaller Jap devs can be good (Platinum, Idea Factory, whoever makes the Senran Kagura games). While some of their games are technically shit- their target audience is always happy. So you can get a great RPG, a great action game, even a great waifu-game; but all the other elements of those games might be average or worse.

Most of the time Platinum games are pretty

slav/european devs have a quality of amateurishness in design they never move on from. The Witcher 1 was grounded in convention but TW2 and 3 were poor knockoffs that got even game design basics completely wrong. It's like the problem of wanting to learn sculpting figures and not knowing the basics of anatomy.

As far as Turks go, there's taleworlds? The M&B devs? It's just a sandbox style game, not a particularly rich one either. Plus denuvo, lol.

Didn't Microsoft do something simillar to buy out the guys ho made Gears of War?

Or was that a "former" employee of MS being in charge of a project that bombed by complete accident?

There are people so new here they don't know this.
They don't know about Headfirst Productions either.

I really doubt microsoft had a poor relationship with epic. To this day nothing has surfaced like that to my knowledge, and pretty much every project with microsoft as a partner usually put them in the position of extremely gratuitous financial support, marketing, and technical support. I've always seen microsoft mentioned in a high light from developers who were contracted or supported by them, so I'm very skeptical of stories that reflect on their developer relationships poorly. Especially ones from the year 2001-2009.

Wouldn't hurt o spread that info around E3 with whatever game Bethesda shows off then.

iirc they were the first victim, but arkane, obsidian, and the developers of wet have also been victims of bethesda's political fuckery.

The few that have spoken out - mostly humanhead, have always flat out said Bethesda, and never differentiated between zenimax and bethesda - so I believe they are entirely different entities on paper alone. I'll always shoot down suggestions that it's zenimax, not bethesda, and insist with this as my evidence because the victims of them never said otherwise.

The co-founder of Bethesda (a Jew) founded Zenimax. Zenimax and Bethesda are one and the same and anyone that claims otherwise is a Bethesda drone running damage control.

Obisidan didn't die during it but it's certainly why they are dying right now. Inxile was the only other company to survive Bethesda's bullshit.

Epic games would have been too big, Microsoft brought out the Gears licence though.

Most of what I've read is mismanagement by execs, but not hostile takeovers in the same manner as Bethesda.

I remember reading that Ryse was going to be a different game about commanding legionaries instead of the cheap action game it became because Microsoft execs wanted a God of War killer. Banjo Threeie was in the works but Microsoft execs didn't think it would sell, someone actually believed retarded game journos when they said 3d platformers were dead, I have no idea where this meme came from, especially with Super Mario Galaxy selling better than almost all other first party titles of that same gen.

A lot of the problems with poor microsoft management came from around 2008 and on after many of the founding xbox team staff left. Everything before then was pretty much a carrying on of the spirit of Sega - which if you know much about them, you'd know that they were pretty much entirely focused on delivering the best possible games they could.

Because MS is being run into the ground by braindead imbeciles. The cunt in charge of Office is so goddamn inept I swear she's doing it on purpose.

Just stop deluding yourself already for fucks sake.

I wonder if that still works.

What are you talking about? it looked like it was going to be great and it had all the right in the world to exist.

Zenimax Media is the holding company.
Bethesda Softworks is the publisher.
Bethesda Game Studios is one of their development studios.

All good companies must fall.

Small-middle sized studios are always what produces gold. We live in an age of monolithic corporations where these studios can't exist. When they get large enough they get bought out and have to appeal to the bottom denominator. If they're too small they don't have the resources to create a suitable version of their vision and continue to shrink until they fade away.

I think Valve always realized this, which is why they kept their studio private with a small team. However, the temptation for sheckles was too strong. also they started listening reddit

Prey wasn't even that good. Sure, the portal system was interesting, but almost all the weapons were boring as shit. You pretty much had to use a unlimited ammo cheat to have fun with that "suck colored energy in to shoot different things" gun.

Reports to Altman
Reports to Altman
Reports to Altman…

They are the same entity just with different names.

Depends on where you draw the line of "shit" but here's some devs that I think are good overall

Amplitude is pretty good. They communicate regularly with their players, including while developing their games, and they way the games are made and designed tells you they actually care about what they're making.

bethesda is only the symptom, zenimax is the cause.