Mass effect trilogy

Are these games any good? Just got bought the trilogy for my birthday by a normalfag friend who says I'll love them.

I'm grateful for the present, but cautious as I heard it started strong but turned to shit (like Dead Space, which is also an EA franchise). Supposedly you need to beat the games to unlock the hardest difficulty too, is there any way of circumventing this shitty mechanic?

I like the idea of importing characters across each game.

Just play ME1 and ignore the rest since the sequels are a massive drop in quality in every aspect. For ME1, higher difficulties just means bullet sponge enemies, so I'd recommend avoiding the highest two difficulties on your first playthrough at the very least.

They are pretty awful. All of them have wide variety of issues. If you really want to play a space opera game with focus on planetary missions, then the first and second can be alright, but I wouldn't bother considering the third.

Just wait for andromeda.

ME1 has clunky, unintuitive combat and an inventory system invented by a pathological hoarder. You'll learn to dread opening it after a long fight due to being inundated with guns, mods and entire suits of armour that get thrown at you.

2 and 3 are run of the mill cover based shooters. 2 has an alight story. 3 starts off promising but takes a nosedive quickly.

Dubs thread? Dubs thread.

ME1 is an unfinished mess with a generic scifi setting. Is a pretty bad cover shooter.
ME2 is an alright cover shooter, focuses much less on the lore and more on your wacky adventures with your crew of outcasts. Best in the series and actually finished.
ME3 is even more unfinished than ME1. Shooting is still competent, but guns sound like shit. Story is pants on head retarded.

No. Terrible action and "rpg elements". Plus bioware writing.

If he bought it for you, play them.

I marathoned them with imported saves, worth going through once if you find it very cheap and are into space scifi in my opinion. Don't expect much.

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like a low IQ, modern remake of Star Control II then?

More or less.

You have no idea.

Holy shit I was being flippant!

God damn that's crazy.

Fuck off, shill.

All me.

It's not a trilogy.

I've played the trilogy two and a half times and enjoyed it each time over. Just don't think about it too much and enjoy yourself in the immersion, which it does very well. There's plenty of fun to be had with it, and anyone who says there isn't is just resentful it's normalfag tier.

Also, all signs point to Andromeda being a hideous, ultimate final boss of multi-kulti cuckoldry.

No, all the games are absolutely terrible. I've heard some people say the first is a great game but the rest are terrible - this may be the case where the following installments are worse, but the first game is legitimately terrible.

Play some good JRPGs instead and never mention mass effect to your friend again

Leave

Question, are there any TPSs set in space that play good? I don't care about the story, I just want to move fast and use futuristic weapons and Nelo's not nearing completion any time soon.

sure, just play them until you get sick of them, then stop.
1 is pretty good although very clunky.
2 is a gears of war clone set in the same universe
3 is shit

not in space, but Binary Domain is a brade runner type setup where you fight robots in japan, and it's fun to play.

If you enjoy shit like Star Wars and Stargate, then you might enjoy the story. The RPG elements are pretty bare and the shooter parts are so-so, with varying quality—1 is a weird mess, don't bother with bigger guns just use the pistol, 2 is okay(play vanguard) and three is more of 2.

All the romances are kind of shit, tho. Basic bioware fare. The "fans" are pure cancer and I mean that a 100%.

That's pretty much the one thing i can give Bioware credit for. The whole premise of making some scifi saga that spreads across several games where your decisions sometimes, usually barely matter was great.
To bad their writing team pretty much lost all talent it had during ME2.

I played through ME2 recently because it's free on Origin and the mission to get a discount for the last weapon vendor is locked if you don't have a proper ME1 save. Such bullshit considering nearly everyone else is select Paragon/Renegade for discount, it's so stupid.

Also I found lack of blind fire to be annoying as well. 6/10, worth a playthrough with pirated DLC.

1 showed a lot of promise and had quite a couple of things going on.
When I played it around release it was enjoyable and people thought things were going to get better from there.

Things got progressively worse.
2 is basically FILLER: THE GAME and 3 is "fuck we have to wrap this up and we have nobody who cares or has any sort of skill in making games"

You can get some enjoyment out of 1 if you liked the first Dragon Age, everything after is absolute trash however.

If you wanna shitpost with everyone else on Andromeda I'd recommend at least playing 1

Your "friend" doesn't like you.
That's the kind of thing that you give to your enemy.

ME1 and 2 are extremely comfy space opera, exploring the galaxy with a bunch of great characters and deal with some interesting staple sci-fi themes

SCII combat is unplayable and forced me to drop it because I couldn't stand it, I don't care how good it is, but I literally couldn't progress the game

I JUST GAVE EA BIOWARE AND MONEY YET I DIDN'T KNOW IF ANY OF THE GAMES WERE GOOD

Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself
Kill yourself

Sounds like a personal problem.

I would very much like to be gifted ME trilogy, but on steam it's incomplete and using origin is a bad fucking idea. So I guess you are right.

Sorry did I insult your 90's gem?
>>>/Reddit/ is this way

dUBS THREAD

didn't sage, fuck

you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get
you can get a dubs
or you can get a get

Does Vanquish count? It's turbo fast at any rate anyway

You sure do know your way to your favourite sites :)

If you knew anything, you'd know that doesn't go any where.

You sure? Maybe you should check.

We were talking about sites? Are you trying to say a plebbit board is now a fully fledged site? Eat a .500 sw.

I think only you were.

No, you don't. Now check 'em and leave.

Kill yourself.

Only if you go first. And stream it.

I really do love first one. Second broke usual bioware story shit (four hubs with quests; major event happening after 3rd hub is completed) with recrutation of fine rogue gallery. Third one was dissapointment. When you choose renegade path you are punished all along the way. Also not having DLCs for 2nd and 3rd (Kasumi, Lair of Shadow Broker and Citadel) makes game missing key parts (citadel was a meta nod to series fans). But that fuckin ending… It ruins all game. And now the same people doing assdromeda. Don't want to see them bringing female krogan warriors or some other SJW insanities. I will just pretend it dosen't exist at all.

ME1 is good. ME2 is okay (less depth, but still some fun to be had). ME3 is complete garbage, and not just because of the ending. I pirated it and didn't even get halfway through before getting sick of it.

These two phrases are different. Despite the parrot picture, ironically you can't even copy the sentence in the OP that you're shitting the bed about.

^these niggers said it best, but what ever you do don't buy Andromeda, from the trailers alone i'm getting a heavy DA:I vibe

Not bad

Damn I've already played both. Anything else?
I found something called Advent Rising and it looks kind of nice, has anyone played it?

First one is a solid game that's show a lot of love from the developers because of the really really in depth lore. You can spend hours sitting there listening to blandly written dialogue about minor backstory pieces and shit about the technology in the game. 2 is better overall, but they give weapons magazines in the game, which shits on the previous game's lore, and is generally annoying for actually limiting your weapon usage. However the story actually shows weight to your decisions, especially at the end of the game when character will literally live or die from your word and a bit of luck. However you can avoid most deaths by being a completionist and not making retarded decisions.

The true ire toward the series comes almost entirely from ME3, a game which, when the entire series from the first entry had talked about how every single choice mattered, boiled your decisions down to literally giving you different colored explosions in the final cinematic. I have a friend who played it after they "revamped" the ending to make it less shit, but I'm not sure how good it actually is.

TL;DR: First two games are actually good games with some flaws, third game was so bad it retroactively corrupted the rest.

Despite all the shit ME2 gets for being a downgrade and lorebreaker compared to ME1, I think the whole Suicide Mission thing was great.
It was hype as hell, I was left wanting more like it from futute installments and the fact ME3 was such a steaming piece of shit made me completely lose interest in replaying any of them at all.
It's been 5 years and I'm still fucking mad and sad.

2 and 3 are some of the worst games I've ever played

…and the whole setup was fucked up by a giant space terminator…

HOW THIS WAS GOOD? COME ON user!

shit I was thinking about that just as I posted. eh, that wasn't inherently bad by itself so much as when put into perspectice, yet another lore breaking inconsistent plot point.
tl;dr fuck you

dubs?

Reminder that Mass Effect should have ended with the Reapers winning since it's the only ending that fits with what ME1 established. Which is that the Reapers committed genocide across the galaxy repeatedly without being stopped by who knows how many civilizations as advanced as the current one or more.

1 is great. 2 is good. 3 is dog shit.

Nope

You can't have played many games then. I've seen shovelware you wouldn't believe, garbage that sets your hardware on fire or brick your HDD, pieces of shit so dull you couldn't pay me to play them.

ME2 and ME3 are in the upper echelons of average AAA vidya.

Kind of a good mixture between rpg and third person shooter. Overall it feels kinda clunky, and hasn´t aged that well.

ME 2:
Is a straight up third person shooter with some rpg elements left. I would still recommend it. But don´t expect an actual rpg. If you comparre it to other third person shooters, it´s probably one of the better ones.

ME 3:
Just avoid.

I would highly recommend pirating ME3 and playing through it just to understand how seriously fucking bad video games have become.

It's sort of like one of those horribly painful spiritual journeys, like a really long and arduous pilgrimage. You have to inflict the pain on yourself so you can reach enlightenment.

It didn't start strong, it started mediocre but it was promising enough that it gave the impression that a fully realized sequel could actually be good. Instead, we got Mass Effect 2

No way user, it makes perfect sense that after thwarting their method of FTL jumping into the Milky Way several times, trapping them in dark space and forcing them to get here the slow way, that they just somehow show up anyway a few years later and proceed to ignore the citadel and the crucible, only seizing it at the end of the war and neglecting to use it to shut down the relay system, their stated strategy for ending all resistance for millions of years up until now.