Falcom Thread

NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games and spoiler the spoilers!

-Trails of Cold Steel 3 is on track for a Japan release in Fall 2017, confirmed PS4 exclusive.
-Trails in the Sky the 3rd translation is complete with editing 60 % through. Spring 2017 Western release still hopeful.
-Zero no Kiseki fan translation is entering the editing phase. This is for both the PSP and PC port.
-The PS4 version of Ys VIII also planned for release by May 25, 2017 with Falcom President Toshihiro Kondo hoping for a Western release within the same year.
-Ys Origin delayed to May 30/31, 2017. Only NA get PS4/Vita version, while all territories get PC version.
-Tokyo Xanadu coming to the west in 2017 from Aksys Games. The Vita version will be vanilla, and coming "mid 2017", while the PS4/PC version will be ex+, coming "late 2017".
- XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

geofront.esterior.net/
bato.to/comic/_/comics/sora-no-kiseki-gaiden-löwe-monogatari-r20694
gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-translation.366149/page-27
heroesoflegend.org/forums/
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/829770712743227394
archive.is/wcVT0
twitter.com/ridrugi/status/832802371432361984
nichegamer.com/2017/02/17/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-heads-west-pc-ps4-ps-vita-fall-2017/
archive.is/Uix4j
store.steampowered.com/app/579180
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Take look at the guides and decide if we need to update or make new ones.

I played the first translated Trails, and I made it all the way around to the final city, and got up to or just past the arena, and then I stopped. It got to the point where combat was the same thing over and over and there was nothing really new except attempting to get past increasingly more annoying battles that kept taking longer, and there is a much more limited selection of Orbment spells than it would first appear.

It was a fun experience even though I didn't finish it, my only real complaint about the core mechanics is that they could have expanded on combat options.

Play YS in release order, newfags should start with Ark of Napishtim.

It gets kinda boring but you can switch around characters and quartz/orbments for lots of different combinations.

FYI on the Gamefaqs thread about the Zero no Kiseki fan translation, Floofy said their actual translator has already started work on Ao.

Nice if true.

Oh yeah that's right. If all they're doing is editing the translation of Zero, then their translator is free to do Ao.

Do you think XSeed would try to work with them hush hush since they know they'd never get around to it, or do you think they'd try to shut it down?

By "work with" I mean try to just keep terminology consistent and make sure it's in line with the rest of the series.

It's pretty much been in the editing phase for like 2 months, since they announced they'd be taking over.. The real news is the website where they'll finally be posting progress updates: geofront.esterior.net/

The people working on it are already XSeed fans and don't need help adapting their terminology. I don't think XSeed will shut it down. Honestly, I think they'll probably just point people in its direction rather than localize it themselves. Considering the hurtles that would be required to release a western version, they probably see the fan translation as a good thing.

They didn't try before, when the other group had it, did they?

And wasn't there some drama about XSeed and that group?

The drama was that they hated XSeed (and all localization) and wanted the game to have a direct 1 to 1 translation, language incompatibility be damned. They had also never played the rest of the Trails series and had no idea what the lore meant.

Wait a sec, are you telling me this fool wanted to go through the trouble of translating the game to English without wanting to make it sound sensible in English? Have any examples?

This guy sounds like such an oddball.

He was, this is why literally no one was excited for the fan translation before because it was going to be garbage. But once Floofy and the other well knowns took over, it became a lot more interesting.

I don't really have all the details as I wasn't a part of the drama personally,. I've just heard about it second hand.

Also, I figured I'd post it again since it kind of got buried in the ending hype of the last thread. Floofy also began translating Löwe Monogatar, the manga series about..well Löwe's life.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/sora-no-kiseki-gaiden-löwe-monogatari-r20694

I saw, it's like everything is making it over in some capacity between official releases and fan releases. They're makin this year look pretty damn good.

This timeline ain't too bad.

That page is a fucking mess.

Yakuza Kiwami slated for 2017, 6 for 2018.

Yakuza 0 is awesome. This timeline isn't really bad at all.

That hurt a lot more than I thought it would.

Except Nayuta, Akatsuki, and YS vs. Sora, if you count that. Though I suppose those aren't too bad as their exact place in the main story, at least Akatsuki's anyway, remains in question, while Nayuta is a another World and YvS is simply non-canon fan service.... for now. Still feels like I'm missing one, though.

Seems like we dodged a major bullet. How the hell did the new guys take over, though.

Reading this website feels like a fever dream.

He got so triggered by the mention of XSeed, that he threw a total fit in his own translation thread on gbatemp until it got closed.
gbatemp.net/threads/legend-of-heroes-translation.366149/page-27

NightWolve wasn't directly involved in the translation. Zero_g_monkey the leader of the translation is friends with him though.
Zero_g_monkey has completely disappeared from the internet. To rescue the project, the rest of the team handed them the translation.

Or just like to post this little tidbit from floofy:

What. The. Fuck?

There's a Nayuta and YSvSora fan translation here heroesoflegend.org/forums/ Which is the same place the Zero fan TL was being worked on. From what little I've played of the Nayuta translation it's alright.

Well damn, we really are almost there, then. Very exciting! I'd ask for Akatsuki spoilers again, but people either don't know or don't want to share.

do it faggot

But he can't play it on his PS4 Pro so why play it at all.

What's it like?

It's an action RPG like Ys

Beware of the serial head petter

It's the amalgamation of all the experience falcom has gathered over the decades mashed in to a single game which is the PSP's and their best, period. Also PS4 Pro.

>yfw he pats Estelle's head

That reminds me, I really need to play Ys. I've heard that one of them is bad, but can't remember if it was III, VI, or VII.

Well, the infograph in the OP says 5 was poorly received.

At least he gets what's coming to him.

V is the worst. IV has a bad version for SNES too.
1&2, Felghana, Dawn of Ys/Ocean of Celceta, VI, VII, VIII are good.

however origins is the best

He'll need a prosthetic arm afterwards.

Remake of V before or after IX?

I think Estelle would pat his head, actually. Or slap him, depending on context.

I can see it.

I remember someone saying shit about either Felghana or Celceta. Oh well, either way it has to wait until I'm done the other games I'm playing. Thank god Falcom cared about the PSP when Sony didn't.

I'm actually really hoping that's what happens with Rean. Kinda have it come full circle with Estelle being there and mirroring what she went through with Joshua. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Speaking of Joshua, you imagine we might see Sharon interact at all with Joshua or Renne?

The way it's going, before. They'll do it next engine update, they've already made too many games with this engine. Come on guys don't I fit in yet? Why don't you want to talk about the PS4 Pro.

I think Renne especially would probably be happy to see Sharon and visa versa.

Definitely. Joshua would probably freak out and put up his guard until Class VII tells him she's on their side. Only to immediately freak out again once she clarifies that she didn't leave the Society like he and Renne did. A light hearted scene possibly followed by a more serious chat later about why Sharon feels she can't leave like she said to Bleublanc in CS II.

So I'm done making a save file in FC for every event just to check the NPCs dialogue… how the fuck do I do this? I don't feel like reading everyone's dialogue at the same time it's the best option, like maybe follow a few NPCs then after I'm done, go for another group then another group etc.

Wrong. Also, that scanslation is based on a Chinese one for the most part

From the guys behind the English tl for Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu I & II:

I just pick a few and follow them along at my leisure. I'm pretty sure if I tried to listen to every NPC it would feel more like a checklist, a duty. Plus trying to follow every minor story would just be taxing. Luckily, I always found Anton and Ricky in my saves.

What's the typical length of the Ys games? Starting Ys Chronicles right now.

For the chronicles games, just a few hours, even if you don't really know what you're doing. Ark, Fel, and 0 15 hours average (again, for your first time). 7 and beyond, more than 20 hours.

You're right. I misunderstood. It's Emiya who did it.

Is the only way to get gold in this game to grind off of monsters? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Not really. In the 1st game you can get some items, which you can sell, namely Ruby, Gold Vase and Necklace. Also, if you do the Sapphire Ring sidequest you can get some money and experience that you will REALLY need at that point in the game. And remember to save and do it often, because you can end up dying at any moment.

Does anyone else wish the time skip to CS3 was longer? 1.5 years is a decent amount of time, but I was hoping for something more like 3 or even just 2. I guess it was done to keep the characters from getting "too old" but still.

It was done to keep it from running afoul of the very last line in Ao no Kiseki which states exactly how long the occupation lasted.

Oh, right. I thought it only mentioned that it didn't last long, it gave a timeline too? FUCK, way to kill tension. No matter how sad the tone of the ending of Ao was, that most definitely wasn't the way to lighten the mood. Falcom writers kill me sometimes.

Yeeep, it specifically says "The darkness would last in Crossbell for two years, AKA: six months after the start of CS3.

Has Kiseki lore mentioned anything about Guardian Spirits?

The closest I can think of are the Guardian Beasts that each Sept-Terrion is supposed to have. For example: Ragnard, the dragon was the one in Liberl. Zeit the divine wolf was the one for Crossbell.

If we've seen the ones for the two Erebonia Sept-Terrions, we haven't been made aware they were that yet.

Dragon that got corrupted and ate Testarossa could be one.

It's possible, but we don't know for sure.

So what are the chances that we'll get hand-drawn portraits back for CSIII?

I already know the answer, but let me dream dammit.

user, I…

I really wish they'd get Enami Katsumi back for the art.

I prefer Sky Estelle and Joshua, though…

I ask because I came across Beryl in Nord, and she mentioned her Guardian Spirit keeping her safe from the monsters, scaring them off. She said she was checking to see if the War was negatively affecting the Spirits of the land. I had Emma and Celine double confirmed that she isn't a witch. So she's either an Animist, or a Sept-Terrion in human form. Possibly Time, given her precognitive ability.

On the one hand, they really enhanced the cozy feel. On the other, it sort of spoils characters who are supposed to come off as low key and unsuspecting.

Beryl is a pretty big mystery. Some think she might be a vampire because of The Red Moon's Rose. She's the one you give all the books to and so far each book series has hinted at upcoming events. But yes, she could also have a tie to animism or perhaps the Gnomes.

The gnomes were builders right? Wouldn't that be pic related?

I think she's just autistic, though.

Also, I really hope we see a lot of the minor CS characters in CS3. I want to see what they're doing with their lives.

Spoils characters? How so?

I suppose I misspoke, what I meant was that it spoils their plot integrity. Seemingly one off or recurring characters that have plot integrity have portraits, this sets them apart as main characters. Professor Alba and Gilbert for example. One of Weissman's portraits in particular practically make it obvious he's not a good guy That problem is elimated with the method of using 3D model heads.

I want to kiss that tummy.

I wanna hold those hands

People have said Aksys were a mixed bag of good and absolute dogshit. I think I found part of the reason why. I'm sure they can't do anything like this to TX, but holy hell. Have they done other things to this level?

I like the crisp look of Katsumi's art.

I do like the art in Sky, but not as much. Estelle's okay, but I don't like Joshua's portrait.

As a side note, I really, really like this official art for 3rd Evo.

I wish the person whoever did the art for Brandish: The Dark Revenant gets to apply for more jobs as character designer for future Falcom games
It's so pretty to look at, what's the name of the artist anyways?

That's also really nice.

I also like this art as well.

Here's a list of a few. That Isutoshi guy is a manga artist for Slut Girl, if that means anything to you.

So that new xseed listing on steam's database was Senran Kagura Estival Versus's PC port, nothing falcom related.

That's fine too

There are like five more games though. A new Falcom PC release could perfectly happen.

okay ;_;

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/829770712743227394

Any chance Akiba's Beat fixes the sloppiness of Strip? I wanted to like it, but it was just so poorly put together.

Setting myself up for disappointment.

It's almost a completely different game overall. The combat is different. I think it's still clunky though. If you have a PS4 you can try the Japanese demo yourself.

It's like a shittier Tales game from what I played of the demo.

The slopiness was intentional, the first game for PSP wasn't sloppy and it was way too fucking easy.

OH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN
PS4 pro thread?
PS4 pro thread!

You're just as bad as Angelica autist and I don't even understand what it is you're trying to do besides just being a retard.

I'm about to hop into Xanadu Next, what do I need to know? Never played a game from these devs before.

Just play the game, user. It's like Diablo mixed a bit with Zelda. It's a pretty good game overall.

:^)

Don't you toy with my emotions like this

They'll just keep twisting the knife until the games are released. Just like a drug dealer with his buyers.

Damn, and I already don't like what I've tried of Tales(Xillia). Though Berseria did seem alright from the demo, and I can admit I was unfairly comparing Xillia to ToCS II, which just blew me away in how it took everything from the first game and did them better. I ought to try Xillia again. I think I have Symphonia buried somewhere too.

I think I'll skip that one. For some reason, I doubt it'll be as easy to figure out as TX was.

I think they learned with SC that long term release dates bad ideas as any degree of shit can happen. Like how the SC translator had to spend two months formatting Andrew Dice's "help" into something they could use.

I meant more like the earlier Tales game, though iirc the combat in Xillia is better anyway.

I think the last place we'll visit in Trails as a main location will be Leman State. It's the last place to have a science center, and its home to the main HQ of the Bracer Guild. We only saw a minor training facility, and I'd be shocked if that's all we see. Plus, the mayor of Bose still needs to take her maid there to see her family.

Yes I know the next place is Calvard, but I'm talking about after that. We can assume at least two more sub-series after CS III.

Tales are generally action combat games that start off barebones and get better as it goes on.

The combat starts off with a few moves, but by the middle of the game you'll have so many techniques and be able to combo them into so many others that it'll probably make your head spin. A part of the game (especially games like Berseria where you have way more customization of your attacks) is setting up your moves so that they flow into each other while exploiting the various weaknesses that enemies have.

One thing I also commend Tales for is having lots of character interaction and development. Even in the most serious of stories there's side stuff that show other sides to characters.

Who are you spending Valentines with, Falcom Thread?

This can't be too bad, but knowing my luck…

Myself.

rolling

This cutie right here

let's do this

I hope this turns out okay…

I choose to read it as Becky and not my least favorite character.

You did get Becky. Read the top left of the chart.

Yaaas. I'd wonder how I couldn't read it, but then again I thought my number was 70 when I first looked at it. Now today can only get better, I just hope it comes with subtitles.

I know someone here's has a Twitter. Someone tweet "Will you be my Valentine, and let me play with your TiTS a 3rd time?", or some variation to them.

rollan

Well, shit

Rolling.

roll

Oh shit nigga! You are going to trigger him!

maybe I might find happiness in my life for once

Let's go.

Cute.

Can't wait.

Angelica autist btfo

rolling

not bad

rollin

Rolling

I'm personally not a huge fan of Celceta due to the map completion mechanic that incentivizes wall-hugging and slows down gameplay.

Felghana is amazing though, and it's what got me into the series. Origin is still my personal favorite though. Yunica is best girl.

Repeating the question about the charts. Are they just fine? Should we make new ones? Should there be a guide for othe Falcom games?

Yes, we need new ones. The Trails guide just needs a few touches here and there, but the Ys one really needs a new version with updated info and recommending to play the games in release order. Then a third one for the other games.

Well, well, well…

archive.is/wcVT0

Yeah. The ones in the OP has been tossed around for a while and times has changed.

Console but no translation, yet?

I'm not too interested in Akatsuki. I don't even know if it's canon.

It's canon since it's revealing more lore. I'd say wait for the game to be finished and someone uploads a translation of the story.

Alright, anyone want volunteer making new charts?

XSeed seem busy as hell, so I doubt we'll be seeing it soon, if ever. Does anyone have a rough estimate of how much dialogue is in Akatsuki, anyway?

I don't expect a full game translation. A story summary would be nice. Would be okay to know when it takes place and what happens.

Both infograph are terrible and outdated anyway. Ys V is no masterpiece, but it isn't exactly bad in the sense that it makes you quit playing and can be a lot of fun (the quick pacing helps too). Ys V also introduced lots of mechanics that would get implemented properly in later games, such as collecting materials dropped from enemies, jump, and different attack types. It deserves some merit in that regard. I like it better than MotS.

I'm also of the opinion that, even though Celceta exists, both Mask of the Sun and The Dawn of Ys are worth playing if you're a fan of the series. All three games are pretty different from each other, so in a sense it's like playing whole new game. Ys III is pretty good too, provided you don't play one of the shitty console ports.

Those are the game artists involved with the PC-98 Brandish games released on the 90s, not the PSP remake or the cover artists. ISUTOSHI is credited for art and graphics in the original Brandish along with Hidekazu Suzuki, while he has the sole responsible for the graphic design in Brandish 2. "Tsuyoshi Matsumuro" is a screw up by the Wikipedia editor and likely refers to Seiji Murakami, who did art and graphics in Brandish 3 and The Dark Revenant along with eight other people.

Jess is an editor, not a translator. Williams is the one who translated the entire game from Japanese to English without any sort of drama, with Dice editing it.

The map mechanic has nothing to do with the 99% map completion issue, nor slows down gameplay. Ys VIII entirely fixed it, but then again, Ys VIII as a whole is a huge step up from Celceta.

Some ideas for the Ys infograph:

Avoid wall of texts, write only what it's needed to be said, too much information that it's not that important could be too much for a newbie.

Talk only about the Ys made by Falcom, along with the two original Ys IVs. Let's face the whole Ys IV is a bit of a mess and if you add the additional new PS2 version by taito it will be even more confusing.

Show the games in release order. If you go by the numbers or chronological order at first, that's going to be really confusing. It makes sense this way, because a newbie will see "Oh, so they made Ys I~VI then remade older Ys along with releasing new games". At the end or later, add a chronological order. Maybe adding the world map and pointing where the games happen could be a good idea.

Remember: we want to make an infograph so newbies can get into the series, right? In order words, if you make one, try to encourage (as much as possible) newbies to play the series, but don't go overboard, annoying people won't do any good.

If I were to play Ys V, which version would be preferable?

Also, can you customize the color of Adol's vest in VIII, I've only ever seen it red.
I don't like the way he's looking at that fish.

He's not looking at the fish, he's looking at you.

There's a single palette-swap costume for every character. Adol's is green.

Sean Chiplock(English Rean Schwarzer) plans on doing an AMA on Reddit, if you're interested. Cold Steel II got some love on /r/JRPG's GOTY 2016.

Before you pull out your pitchforks, I only know about it because XSeed tweeted about it. They been tweeting a lot of Cold Steel 2 love from various websites, lately.

NO BECKY, NO BUY.

You deserved it, too.

it's not on pc so it's hard to give a shit

Good god lookin through these entries is a pain.
Wew
If you are gonna have shit taste be consistent

I could complain for ages about FFXV. Noctis is boring. He isn't even whiny. Just boring. Ardyn would be a decent villain if the game explained it more (it's only told as an ancient evil revenge shtick) but people like him because he's trying to be Sephiroth + Joker. Ignis is on the same level as Noctis with his only memorable thing being his RECIPAY meme. Aranea is a walking bottle of untapped potential that barely appears in the story, and they're probably going to make you pay for her to join your party, or get DLC of her or whatever. And the OST has like two tracks that are memorable, the rest are boring shlock.

Wasted potential: the game. They're going to do patchwork jobs on it to fill in the story and charge you for each patch/DLC. Like where Gladios (ie the sworn shield and protector of the prince who likes gloating about his family line's duty) seemingly randomly fucks off to while he knows the prince is going to head to imperial territory. Some random secretive shit he has to do at that very moment.

And I haven't even started on the fucked in the ass clunky shit gameplay that people seem to love for some fucking reasonj.

They seem to prefer a different method of being fucked in the ass, according to what won best gameplay instead. I hear the supplementary material really helps and makes the story and characters much better. Of course, if you need supplementary material like that in the first place it's proof that the devs did something very wrong. Hell, I'd almost call it worst than XIII in that regard because at least XIII's story is still in the damn game(fucking data logs), and didn't need patches to fill in the holes. But at the very least I can get what Noctis and group are trying to do, save their Kingdom from invasion and demons. In XIII, the group fails a rescue mission and spend the game trying to defy the fate given to them and ultimately do what they were fated to do.

If I had to guess, it lost because of story. Neither of them had best gameplay either. It would help if they showed more than just first and second place, though. It trails behind XV in terms of Protagonist, Antagonist, and soundtrack(all of which I heavily contest), yet I guess they just consider the whole of ToCS II to be greater than the whole of XV.

From what I played of the demo of world of FF, and if Fates gameplay is similar to Awakening, I'd rather play those than the clunky, sub 30fps, hold button to stylish (tap button for worst combo system ever), pseudo-turn based, with one of the WORST cameras ever gameplay of FFXV, honestly.

If World of FF and Fates is an egg vibrator going up the ass, FFXV is an extra large horsecock.

WoFF is actually pretty good. You could definitely take the stacking system and do something interesting with it. Maybe instead of stacks, have a suikoden 3 style tactical 3 man unit?

Falcom's original SFC version. There's an English patch for it, but sadly it's only for vanilla Ys V and not Ys V Expert. The Expert version has stronger enemies compared to their "normal" version counterparts (though I still found it rather easy) and a hidden dungeon where you can find all of the Fluxstones (minus the first one) without the need to create them using Elemental stones (so the issue of having all spells + the MP saver accessory in one file is no longer a problem). There is also a Time Attack mode unlocked upon beating the Expert version of the game.

Taito's PS2 remake is decent-ish, but not a good alternative. It does follow the original concept story for Ys V a lot closer than the SNES version did, however.

is correct. There's also some DLC costumes, complete with Adol's Cleria armor in the form of downloadable code.

He's staring at your soul

This is why we can't have nice things.

You can Cold Steel on PC with PlayStation Now.

Did you buy Xanadu Next, though

Just a reminder to never go on a VAs twitter if you want to stay clean. Chiplock is a huge faggot.

Most of the VAs I've seen on twitter are huge faggots and lean towards PC shit. From Chiplock to Erin Fitzgerald to Jennifer Hale, etc. Maybe it's just to keep up appearances but sometimes they look too into it.

I just assume any sort of celebrity not matter how minor are going to be huge faggots.

People can be faggots about/wrong about some things while being okay at others.

That's been my general experience in life.

I'd just be thankful enough for someone that doesn't shove their politics down everyone's throats. I already know a right-leaning thinker in voice acting is pretty much impossible at this point. But Christ, we vote with our hearts he whom we believe deserves deserves our vote, and suddenly, the entire industry is calling us evil incarnate.

It must be a real shock to Cristina Vee to learn that the top donor to her failed AMV project was a Trump supporter and Gamergater…

When does Ys stop using the bump system? I think I'll try jumping in at that point. Does 8 have a jap demo?

There's a rather lengthy demo on the Vita.

The irony is almost palpable. Holla Forums in a nutshell I suppose.

What the fuck is up with TiTS SC and kung fu sheeps?

Sheep are not to be trifled with, user.

Rumour going that NISA is localizing Ys 8 and may or may not be popping up in the NISA stream today. Of course, rumors are rumors so just take it with a grain of salt before producing salt.

Don't say that, my entire year would be ruined already if that happened.

People can be faggots about/wrong about some things while being okay at others.>>11953630

There are times when I'm really glad that XSeed is the only company willing to put up with Trails localizations.

Is NISA really that bad? The Disgaea games seemed alright, and I just assumed Witch and the Hundred was just a one time major fuck up.

Oh my sweet summer child

First, where are these rumors coming from?
Second, fuck you, don't play me like that.

Is less their localisations and more that they break games that they touch. Anyone got that chart/post of shit NISA's broken?

NISA's whole fucking career is a fuck up. They're a god damn plague on the fucking industry.

I forgot to mention that list isn't even complete, there are tons of games missing

It could be worse.

Imagine if NISA starts working on the trails series

NISA working on any game is already the worst thing that can happen.

Would go full nonimportant in their office

Oh… oh my. Looks like I've been lucky. My only NISA games were Disgaea 4, 3, and Danganronpa 1&2, and they both worked well.

Rhapsody DS was the last NISA title I ever paid for, what they did to it should have put them in jail. The broke the game and cut out all the new content added to it so they could save a few bucks and recycle the PS1 version's script. They didn't send out review copies and never told anyone any of the problems/changes.

Luckily I was able to get a full refund.

I'm pretty sure they would make all attempts to remove the platonic relationship setup between Joshua and Estelle entirely.

How do you think that would work? Have them already together and have Estelle's mounting nervousness be due to the prospect of of marriage?

It could be on a Nintendo console and have treehouse working on it.

Christ, if they're doing it I'm importing that shit. Fuck NISA. I refuse to give them a single bloody penny.

That's not as bad, treehouse hasn't bricked any consoles yet and Nintendo consoles always get cracked open/eventually can be emulated so pirating is easy.

Maybe write out the entire brother/sister relationship connotations from dialogue.

That's what I meant, but you got to replace it with some reason why Joshua lives with Estelle. Unless you just claim he lives in Rolent somewhere and comes over really early and leaves really late.

This is an interesting exercise. It's so much unnecessary work you wonder why they do it. Especially with Princess on Ice for the DS, changing artstyles like that just can't have been cheap.

FUCK
NISA IS LOCALIZING YS 8

NISA'S DOING YS VIII FUCKING KILL ME

WHAT THE FUCK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It was a monkey's paw the whole time.

There is no god

FALCOM WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK ARE YOU THINKING!?

WHAT DID XSEED DO TO MAKE YOU CHOOSE NISA OVER THEM!?

WHAT HAVE YOU FUCKING DONE!?

I want to hug her and tell her that everything is going to be OK.

Well, considering XSEED has a ton on their plate already I coulda have seen them not working on Ys 8. I didn't expect them to go with NISA, tho.

Get the firebombs ready, motherfuckers.

I almost believe that NISA researched what games people who hate them love, and went out of their way to get control of them so they can kill it.

this is just fucking depressing

Did they have a spat with Falcom over it?

I'd have taken waiting longer for the game to be localized by XSEED over having it sooner and having a bad localization company like NISA work on it. Guess I'm going to be getting back into my Japanese studies. Not giving NISA one single cent.

They must be devastated over this. I hope this doesn't bear bad news for ToCS III.

Considering they are not localizing Tokyo Xanadu either, I think Falcom is not too fond of being exclusive to them.

Here's the LE for Ys 8. Not that it matters any thanks to NISA

I'm really, really sad now. Why, Falcom?

This is some monkey paw bullshit

Apparently there'll be dual audio

but why is this on Atlus' site? Is Sega/Atlus localizing and NISA publishing? Or what

atlus.com/sales/ys_viii/ys_viii_sellsheet.pdf

WEW

Alright, which one of you fuckers went to the monkey's paw?

I was kinda expecting that if it was NISA publishing, at least theres that.

I really, really hope XSeed stays the only ones autistic enough to keep doing Trails…

Really glad I'm not an Ys fan. At least I've probably got Tokyo Xanadu to look forward to, at least.

Nep got a retranslation, so if the content is still all there, maybe it can be unfucked.

From the way she's talking it was completely Falcom's decision to drop them. NISA probably offered to do the job for far less, that and they are a larger company with more influence. I really fucking hope Falcom lets XSEED continue on with Trails or else everything we know will go down the shitter.

At the NISA event, they had a video message from Kondo and it sounds like NISA pushed very hard for the game.

If that's the case, why? What did XSEED do that has NISA wanting to take this away from them and take a shit on Falcom fans like this?

I want to go to sleep and never wake up

That, unfortunately, I don't have an answer for. Money, maybe?

Ys is apparently to the Japs what Zelda is to America. I can see them wanting this game, especially if what I've heard about them floundering lately is true. Plus, they get to tap the base of another business and bring in new fans. XSeed laid Ys' foundation with the other games, now NISA swoops in when the name has some value and a big title coming up.

NISA probably pitched that they will do the job faster, cheaper, and will make more money. Doesn't matter if they lie, I doubt the japs know how bad NISA or maybe they just don't care if they are using them.

WHAT THE EVERLOVING FUCK FALCOM?

I'm so fucking glad I already played Ys VIII, and am importing the Japanese PS4 release.

What has gotten these other companies so interested in Falcom games recently?

This is has been the final push for me to learn japanese. If I can't even trust falcom game localizations, I'm left with barely anything

Maybe. NISA has been suffering since they've been called out on how they've been (((translating)) their games (hence the result of the Nep re translation as mentioned).

They are the kind of company that would do that.

Given how Nintendo of Japan doesn't seem to care how their games are translated by their American counterpart, this unfortunately wouldn't surprise me.

Well, them becoming more popular thanks to XSEED. They just want to leech.

Aksys regularly sources their shit to C team translators. Good luck with that. Not to mention they just announced eX to be released only a little after vanilla Xanadu, making it entirely pointless to chase vanilla due to the fuckton of dlc it boasts, not to mention lack of extras.

Good luck with that.

Though it's also been confirmed that Jess Chavez, who used to be an XSEED employee, will be doing the editing work on Tokyo Xanadu.

Fuck you

NISA will fuck up and Ys will go back to Xseed, NISA only gets away fucking up stuff few ppl care about

Thank you! I'm cautiously optimistic and wasn't planning on getting vanilla anyway.

Is Chavez a freelancer or something? Didn't know that kind of cross-company's work was allowed.

Aksys translating/porting the EX+ version of the game outside the Vita release.

She quit XSEED a couple of years ago when she got married and moved to Australia. She's been doing freelancing for XSEED since then, while writing her own novel series.

Nope, Falcom doesn't care about quality in the west. As long as NISA offers it cheaper and faster they'll get all the work.

Fuck this shit

I'm not taking this shit lying down

Guys we need to make some OC over how shit this games translation will likely be

We need to rub every fuckup nisa has done & pressure their PR people

hold these cunts feet to the fire & scrutinize the shit out of it

ITT: BUTTHURT CIRCKLEJERKING

Fuck off shill

I want to say that I have a little bit of hope, given that it's dual audio… but it's still NISA. There'll most likely still be changes and memes/jokes added in, and censorship.

I'm just gonna go to bed.

For something like that to make an impact, we'd need the assistance of the Nep fans and other fans of games that are/were affected by NISA. Outside of Japan, Falcom's fanbase isn't as big as most other fanbases, and perhaps some of said fans would be willing to continue to screw over NISA for what they did their games still.

Just remember not to be obnoxious about it, and it could work. Spam it too much and you'll just annoy people, you need to hit the sweet spot.

Bizarrely, NISA actually has a fanbase that has handwaved almost every concern people have made about their previous games, from the "You're just a pervert" for not liking censored girls, to "The Nep translations by Doerr are just saying the same thing in a funny and unique way"

inb4 they pull a Rhapsody DS and remove all the new content from the PS4 version

Is this a hypothetical or did this happen already?

not yet :^)

RIP Ys and Xanadu

So, once again, NISA won. Once again Japanese companies showed how much they don't give a flying fuck about the quality if their products outside of Japan.
I got every Falcom/XSEED launch on GOG, the the sad thing is to now that NISA will not launch anything on GOG anymore.
I think that now we know we lost this battle, is get ready to implode the Falcom mail, even if we need to send fucking letters, with all the shits and giggles that NISA will do. And show them how XSEED was a better company for them, by doing a good job with their products, and, because of that, for us.
I think we can mourn for tonight.

It's sadly not that complicated. Again, I'm just going to keep hoping that Trails' titanic scripts will seem like too much trouble for the jackals.

Remember to make sure these letters are in Japanese. I don't think they'd care for English letters. Might be confusing, but I think it'd be better that way.

Not gonna pretend I follow this general, but I keep abreast of niche games. So let me ask some questions of the regulars, here, if you don't mind:

- Do any of you actually exchange words with XSEED or Falcom regarding their titles? Fan mail, compliments, complaints, whatever.
- Does halfchan have anything along the lines of a Falcom thread? I'd assume it'd be in /vg/ if it exists.
- Do any of you care about or know of NISA?
- Do any of you get actual feedback for your buzzing, here? Like, I know Yoko Taro showed up one day for 8/v/ and I know damn-well at least XSEED staff knows 8ch exists. Anything at all?

Of course. Nips gonna nip. Communicate with most of them in any other language usually is futile.

Take a look at this thread and at least three of your questions will be answered.

Tweeting at them, but I know business doesn't care about the voices that aren't doing the deals.
I don't care much for halfchan so I wouldn't know
They are a shoddy company that would rather put memes into their games instead of doing a good translations. They prefer cutting corners at all stages. So long as they have a tight leash on them, like with the DR series, they can be only passable at best. Spike Chunsoft is helpful enough with the tight leash
Most likely not.

Oh yea dont go bugging Xseed or bitching to them about NISAs shit localization

they actually really fucking dislike it, one of the localizers said so when the whole fire emblem thing was going on

XSeed can be pretty responsive, even on Twitter, and even about uncomfortable stuff like licensing issues. They're surprisingly open.

I'm telling people to bug fucking Nisa

Hell even falcom

emailing falcom/devs of the game with moon speak probably best start
at the very least a warning of NISAs shitty practice

It'd actually be better to bug Falcom about this.

I already tweeted at Falcom in Japanese. It's not going to do much, but at least they should know someone cares.

got a link to your tweet, we can at least spread it so it gets more attention

One of the more airtight arguments that can be used against NISA is that their localisations actually introduce glitches/crashes that were not present in the original JP versions of the games.

twitter.com/ridrugi/status/832802371432361984

Searched for it

I'm sure that'll get a response, but not the one he was looking for.

Yeeeeah, can anyone here actually read and write in Japanese?

I can read it. Writing, on the other hand, is kind of bad. lol

At least it's getting a PC port so that we might be able to unfuck the mess NISA does via modding.

this is probably because falcom is too fucking cheap to made a base pc version that is then ported to other machines even though they used to be an exclusive pc developer.

then comes nisa whos probably willing to create the pc ports themselves and you have a reciepe on how to get fucked on both the port and translation.

xseed published falcom games were the only ones i bought at full price day one on steam and it looks like thats going to change.

While true, that means that at least one person is going to have to give NISA money to have a look at the game.

Anyone got NISA HQ address? it needs to end tonight

it didnt work for censored girls, user

It worked for other games. Ys has a large and autistic enough fanbase that there has to be someone willing to retranslate the game.

There's going to be a PC port? Source?

Maybe NISA will localize all the PC games that Xseed can't touch because they're too small.

Twitter says Santa Ana. Funny thing, XSeed actually has 20,000 more followers on Twitter.

nichegamer.com/2017/02/17/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-heads-west-pc-ps4-ps-vita-fall-2017/

archive.is/Uix4j
Fucking kill yourself you muslim asshole.

autism

kysfgt

Problem with NISA isn't just the full retard censorship and removal of actual gameplay mechanics but the fact that they break games and make them straight up unplayable while "localizing" them, complete with bricking your fucking console.

HOLY SHIT WE GOT A DUMB ONE HERE

Same to you, fucking retard

[autistic screeching]

these threads are always full of the biggest fucking idiots, it's why I hate posting in them. It's the manifestation of pure reddit on 8ch.

fuck off NISA

That's just sad, smh tbh fam.

Fuck off to 4cucks

Are you fucking dense? NISA damage goes beyond shitty translations
If falcom doesnt have a tight leash on those fuckers, then I hope you are learning moonrunes

Just say "archive everything" instead of going full homo.

Did you miss when they went full retard and started censoring their comments/forum?

Huh, I thought modders already did a bang up job so far with unfucking CG1. Was there something I missed?

You are no longer allowed to treat their comment section as Holla Forums and Holla Forums and call for race wars and hanging niggers from trees because their advertisers started dropping them.
Kill yourself retard.

So who won the Adol bowl again?

b& for hate speech

Ban this!
*Unzips dick*

adventure

How is it being so autistic you can't understand basic courtesy and social norms?

are the Vita remakes of Trails in the Sky good or should I avoid them and rather play the original PSP versions?

Buy both so Falcom can get a lot of your money.

Play the original PSP or PC versions. The Evolution versions have worse art and arranged versions of the soundtrack.

too be honest, falcom doesn't deserve extra money after what they just did.

Technically, they'll get royalties and Kadokawa will get more money. Falcom didn't make the Evolution versions and they don't even have the rights to sell the games directly.

tbf, you can actually buy the original soundtracks as DLC.

And why on Earth would you do that? Just go for the originals.

Please post the new and improved™ faces from Evolution games.

I bet you also believe them about the +3000 email complaints they got from me

they're used goods, so only the ebay seller is going to get money from me

Alright then, guess I'll just play the PSP versions instead. I know the Ao/Zero Evolution sucked because they were shipped broken, but that's too bad for the rest

I don't disagree with that. 3rd Evolution is awful.

Fuck off retard.
I will always post direct links to NG on this website and there is nothing you can do to stop me.
Stay triggered.

Well this thread escalated quickly. Updating the OP, anything beyond NISA doing Ys 8 and the Zero fantranslation working on Ao?

Be sure to add a direct link to Nichegamer article about the announcement.

can you blame it after what fucking happened?

There has to be a workaround, right? There's no fucking way Falcom puts this much effort in their games only to have them be unplayable and poorly translated by NISA, right?

Nice projection, but do whatever you want. My point was just that Brandon and MJ lied to people about the whole drama

I already told you to fuck off goon.
You will never get us to turn on one of our own and throw NG under the bus for the likes of polygoon or kotaku.

revolt please go

New thread

That's an odd way to label a ex-old time NG user, if you still didnt catch the memo yet.

You are already replaced.

I wonder who now, since I used to be a filter against reddit/tumblr retards

I know it's hard to face the reality that your favorite website is run by signal-virtue cucks

Keep trying goon.

Is that really what you saw yourself as doing?

more like from what reddit/4cuck saw of me

Well it's not like I could change your mind in the first place. Then again, I suppose it's easier to believe mods than an old shitposter

at least that guy was right about archiving everything possible
not just because it is to purposely trigger you

So what do we do now? Kill ourselves?

Wait of PC modders.

Steam page store.steampowered.com/app/579180

www.xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/ys-viii-localized-by-nisa-fall-2017-vita-ps4-steam.29202/page-2#post-941511

Its getting there

You guys are fucking cuckholds and Brandon will backstab you again and again.
He blatantly lied and instead of discussing things with his community he just said "fuck" it aand poorly implemented a shitty system that makes the website no different from the websites he steals articles from.

Enjoy being Burched

As much as I respect Tom's wishes to translate instead of localize, doesn't he believe in the SJW bullshit? And we already know NISA believes in this shit because the company is run by cucks.

Yeah, but the thing with Tom is that he doesn't let it affect his work. I don't have to agree with ideas but the work they do is solid.

NISA on the other hand is different.

I just realized. We need a new bread.