3DS CFW + Homebrew General - 11.3 Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
3ds.guide/
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): 3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) then proceed normally.
You will need NTR and Cubic Ninja. Refer to the guide for instructions. After that you will be able to follow the same procedure for all the other firmware versions.
Follow the guide as normal. Soundhax is the new goto for entrypoint hax, but you can still use browserhax if you insist. Simply follow the guide linked above. Your procedure should be soundhax → Decrypt9WIP → 2.1.0 ctr-transfer → A9LH. OTPless installations for N3DS, which skips the 2.1.0 ctr-transfer, will be added to the guide again as soon as it is deemed safe enough.
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, for what ever reason you may have, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
WARNING
Every step where you modify your system can result in a brick. However, bricking your 3DS is a very hard thing to do if, and only if, you read every single direction and follow them exactly. This is a "retard-proof" guide, but please don't try too hard to be a bigger mouth-breathing retard than it can handle. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise. sysNAND backups are not optional.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
freeshop.pw
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
discord.gg/ccecErB
pastebin.com/jscrD4Qj
archive.is/OUKh7
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases/tag/v1.3
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.1
gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-play-coin-setter-ninjhax-3dsx-edition.377452/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-halo-revamped-port.460462/
smealum.github.io/3ds/
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/page-69#post-7085862
gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokémon-sumocheatmenu.455365/
github.com/dragonfyre173/PokeViewNTR/releases/tag/v0.1-alpha
gbatemp.net/threads/release-kuriimu-a-general-purpose-game-translation-toolkit-for-authors-of-fan-translations.452375/
github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/releases
archive.fo/CFP0p
3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#Encryption
github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn
mega.nz/#!ehxRDIIY!N0S81ksrEpXALXuIIqsGyBWBHRzYgOcUmNPskF7BwRI
mega.nz/#!jp4hkDQY!8YFYLlNqwTUIyxr2DaOnZkP7x74U8ffIKhI7msWTXeM
mega.nz/#!2VoA0BKL!7WxAYZ18XOoW3HI1g6H2DV9Nl1_I19B4yUF10px
github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#F!qBJUUKrZ!MzTC9_N-ewn8bsSW7fxznA
github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation
github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#New_issue
3ds.guide/region-changing.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178996&cm_re=microsd-_-20-178-996-_-Product
github.com/citra-emu/citra
gbatemp.net/threads/release-simpliiu.438899/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/
wiiu.titlekeys.com/
imgur.com/a/IVQTT
github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
3ds.guide/region-changing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Frequently Asked Questions
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds, citrus. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You may format with your 3ds using emunand9 or use this to format from your PC: ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
Use either a flashcart or TWLoader. TWLoader still has a lot of issues that need to be fixed but will allow for loading NDS games and apps of your SD card. TWLoader's GitHub repository: github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: freeshop.pw After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
On your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS GitHub: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Freeshop: freeshop.pw
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
Our Discord: discord.gg/ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/jscrD4Qj
Last Thread: archive.is/OUKh7

probably should of updated the pasta

Is it worth it to get a New3DS XL and hack that even if I own a regular 3DS XL?

I downloaded the EUR version of FE:Fates from the freeShop, the game runs fine but only Birthright and Conquest are available, do I have to get Revelations from somewhere else ?

you should probably wait for a new exploit for 11.3, then try to hack the n3ds

Do it, most if not all new N3DSes will still be on 11.2 for a while.

You copied straight from the archive and not the pasta, didn't you

Alright, I'll see if I can get one at a fair price.

It's worth it if you use your 3DS a lot, or need SNES VC emulation. For me, I'm pretty satisfied with the O3DS. For what a N3DS would cost I could get a used Vita in excellent condition with a memory card.

no

also check em

is it safe to update to 11.3 having followed the tutorial from 3ds.guide?

I like that the freeshop now has music, though I obviously only need to listen to one song when pirating shit.

Checked.

I keep accidentally launching emunand back when I used RXtools. How do I delete this?

Read

Don't see where it answers my question…

The answer is there, read it again or fuck off.

oh, lol, didnt pay attention, thanks friend

i think there might be a guide somewhere that tells you how to transition from RXTools to Luma3ds, use that

yep here it is
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

No, I mean I already installed arm9, I just want to delete my emunand.

I just realized that the New 3DS non-xl could easily use L, R, ZL, and ZR buttons for a guitar hero clone. Too bad I have an XL so I can't actually do this.

looks like you have to format your SD card into fat32 (depending on its size) to delete the emunand. just remember to back up then restore your files if you format it.

Is it possible to play NDS roms on my 3dsXL with CFW? I tried using my friend's R4 3DSbut it doesn't work on my system. Does this have something to do with the CFW? If so are there any flashcarts that would work with Luma3ds?

if I remember correctly there is an early prototype for loading ds roms somewhere on gbatemp, but it's very limited
you could also load ds roms through retroarch

All flashcarts should work with Luma, but I don't think there's any stable way to load from internal SD. At least, I've used some R4 cards with my N3DS and they worked just fine after I figured out how to set them up properly. My AceKard should work but I don't know if I actually tested it.

So I want to backup the files of my SD card (I have arm9loaderhax), the ones that have the hack but not the games, should I just skip the Nintendo DS folder?

unless you are using NTR, you have to keep the folder. otherwise check my name

Anyone know what happened to that Dragon Quest VII mod that fixed the censorship?

Glad I finally went through the process of hacking tonight, finally able to play Bravely Default uncensored

Any update when homebrew launcher is going to update for 11.3?

Actually, right now. Smealum just released the new payloads.

Noice. so how do i update my hb launcher if i followed the recent guide? should i just download ropbin? or do i download otherapp too? Where do i place the bin files?

Thats not the last thread archived you fucking faggot

Just launch the HBLauncher Loader from the home menu assuming you followed the A9LH guide and it should download the payload automatically if its available

I updated to 11.3 early but i still did what you said and it showed this.

Go to your SDCard either on your PC or a file manager on your 3DS and try deleting the payloads folder at the root and then try again, make sure wifi is enabled

The contents or the entire folder?

just delete the entire folder it doesn't matter since the folder will just be recreated

is it root > a9lh or root > luma > payloads?
"a9lh" folder has a bunch of .bin files named payload_stage.
"payloads" folder has may start_Hourglass9.bin and up_Godmode9.bin; I just want to make sure

The HBLoader payload folder should be at the root of the SDCard itself. Do not delete your luma payloads, you may need those for something

The exact name of the folder should be "hblauncherloader" at the root of the SDCard

Thanks anons

that didnt do it though it showed the "something failed" screen again

NEW HOMEBREW LAUNCHER CIA
Install this shit to run the 11.3 payloads properly.

Holy shit, I was just using the official 3DS web browser on my A9LH'd+11.3 Sysnand 3DS, and 3dbrew.org will refuse to load, as if Nintendo explicitly blocked that URL even though you can't even hack a 3DS from there. It will throw an SSL communication error every single time, it will also tell you there is a certificate error. Which is both bullshit since I can access it on all other devices on that network

Seriously, someone else try it, try to go to 3dbrew.org on the 3DS web browser on 11.3

Also someone should update the pasta because BootNTR now works with Extended Memory Mode Games on the Original 3DS. So Original 3DSfags can rejoice because you can cheat in SunMo and Sm4sh now

What censorship?

3dbrew uses Let's Encrypt

I realized I could play around with streetpass if I could get some play coins, but the only thing I found was this: gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-play-coin-setter-ninjhax-3dsx-edition.377452/

The post was last updated over two years ago, so I just wanted to ask if anyone has used anything similar recently to make sure it still works, or if there are better alternatives now.

JKSM lets you add play coins.

JK's Save Manage aka JKSM lets you set your play coins to 0 or 300. I hear newer versions also let you pick any number you want.

Install the CIA in this post
If you get a generic 3DS error message ("An error has occured. Please save data and restart the system" or something), then update Luma to the latest hourly version. If that still doesn't work, also make sure that overclock on Luma is disabled.

They fixed the PS2 models clipping through the 3DS ones.
Go to the archive of the last thread in the 3rd OP and search for "Dragon Quest", I put a link in there.
If it's not in that thread, it's in the one before that, which will again be in the 3rd OP.

Jessica and Red got some outfits made more modest. Also the Orchestral Music was replaced with synthed stuff.

It's not region-censorship, it's global, as Square Enix wanted the game to be all ages, and the Japanese ratings board got more strict since the first release.

Thank you!

New Homebrew and Shit
After I said it was getting stale last time, there's actually a fucking pulse left in the homebrew scene.

NTR CFW 3.4 and BootNTR 3.1

Supports 11.3, fixes a couple of small bugs.
Most importantly in this patch is that O3DS games that run in memory-extended mode, such as Pokemon SM, Smash Bros, Monster Hunter 4U and MonHun Generations, can now have NTR functioning while they're in use.

N3DS users: Install the BootNTR.cia as per usual.
O3DS users: Install both BootNTR.cia and BootNTR-Mode3.cia.

To use Mode3 to get NTR working in the above games, open up BootNTR-Mode3, then without closing Mode3, open up the game you wish to play. NTR will now be running in the background of the memory-extended game.

Useful for those Sun/Moon plugins and the MonHun Generations HP Bar plugin.
Check past threads for those, I've posted them before.

Halo Revamped
gbatemp.net/threads/release-halo-revamped-port.460462/

Halo CE multiplayer, ported to the Quake engine, then ported to the 3DS.
Has 8 weapons, 3 maps and 2 gamemodes (SWAT and Firefight).
Supports local and online play.

To install, download either N3DS or O3DS .3dsx file and place it in the "3ds" folder on your SD card.
This game needs to be run off the Homebrew Launcher for now, until the dev makes it compiled as a CIA.

*hax 2.9
smealum.github.io/3ds/
Updated otherapp payloads that now support 11.3.
Means SoundHax can boot into userland kernel ARM11 on 11.3, does not mean you can get CFW.

Homebrew Launcher V1.3
Adds supports for the above *hax payload 2.9, so now works on 11.3.

SNES9x for O3DS v1.0
gbatemp.net/threads/snes9x-for-old-3ds.435568/page-69#post-7085862

Big changelog.
Safe to say, it just werks.

Pokemon SuMo Cheat menu v0.4.1
gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokémon-sumocheatmenu.455365/

Adds a bunch of new cheats:
-Old 3DS support via BootNTR Mode-3
-Spawn ID now has a Random option. Will randomize a Pokémon between 1 and 802 along with randomizing the form.
-Spawn Level now has a passthrough option that leaves wild level untouched.
-Spawner no longer disabled after changing ID, Level or Form
-Shiny encounter odds can now be changed. From 1/1 (always shiny) to 1/4096 (Normal odds) it increases in powers of two: 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 … etc.

Has a few bug fixes. Also has a new option to remove all items that cannot be obtained in the game in any way, shape or form. Run this if you've genned in stupid items, as Nintendo have been banning people with strange inventories.

PokeView NTR Pre-release
github.com/dragonfyre173/PokeViewNTR/releases/tag/v0.1-alpha

NTR plugin that adds a bar that shows a pokemon's IV in battle. Red for 0 and 1, green for 31, white for the rest.
Works with v1.1 in all regions. Online unconfirmed but may work.

Kuriimu
gbatemp.net/threads/release-kuriimu-a-general-purpose-game-translation-toolkit-for-authors-of-fan-translations.452375/

This one's actually pretty neat and will hopefully lead to good thngs.

A multipurpose translation kit. You dump your game and chuck it in this program, and if the text files are supported by Kuriimu, you can start editing them. If they're not supported, you can either write your own plugin DLL that will make it work or you can go to the Dev's Discord server (in the above link), and ask for help there.

Hopefully this will lead to a bunch of Japanese games being ported to English, as it doesn't require arduous dumping like before.
Waiting for muh MonHun Stories. Might make those Ace Attorney guys hurry up as well.

Checked and thanks, found the file.

So question out of curiosity;

Is it safe to update your 3DS on A9LH through Recovery Mode?

Is there a recent patch for the uncensored version of fates?

Answered my own question, and I bricked my 3DS!
I'm just kidding, all is well

They just posted one a few days ago on their Github page.
github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/releases

here is the correct archive, although i didn't save it quick enough
archive.fo/CFP0p

Does anyone have a working link to an undubbed Tales of the Abyss download? I only found a couple and both were broken.

So say I have a NAND backup from an old 3DS that no longer exists

Is it possible to extract save games from it?

No.
The NAND is just the small 1gb~ sction of your 3DS that holds the firmware and other important things.
You have a NAND backup, which you could inject to any 3DS (O3DS and N3DS can't be moved to each other, has to be same model) and then the 3DS would think it was the same console as the one you originally had that NAND on.

The saves are all located on the SD card, so th saves you want are on the SD card of the 3DS that "no longer exists".
If you do have that SD card, however, what you can do it backup the NAND of your current 3DS, then inject the NAND from the old 3DS. From there, use a save manager to get all the save games you want, then reinject the NAND that should be on this 3DS, and use a save manager to reinject all the saves.

I have a friend's console that's configured with EmuNAND and cannot start it because it was updated to 11.3 (I can start the 9.2 SysNAND though). I want to update his console to a9lh without making him lose his stuff. What should I do?

Follow the guide numbnuts. No part of the A9LH installation touches emuNAND except for transferring it to sysNAND later.

NO NO NO. NAND backups are console specific. Also there's some other keying with SD card content, it's lost when you do a system format. Not at all sure how you get those keys.

You're right. I wasn't getting access to the Homebrew Channel but it was just bad luck. Now I'm backing up my EmuNAND. Thanks and sorry for the dumb question.

Eh, I've transferred my broken 2DS NAND to another 2DS. Works for me™.

As this user said I'm pretty sure you can transfer a O3DS NAND backup to another 3DS. It would be retarded to transfer a N3DS NAND to a O3DS.

You definitely cannot do N3DS > O3DS or O3DS > N3DS, similarly to a system transfer.
The NAND has the firmware in it, and trying to insert O3DS firmware into an N3DS bricks it, just like when people used to downgrade to 9.2 using the wrong model firmware.

Freeshop keeps crashing on me while it starts. While it says 'Loading game list…', it freezes for a second, then sends me back to the home screen with an error message. Any way to fix this?

3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#Encryption

Strange. Can anyone elaborate on the specifics?

That's obvious. I expect it doesn't work with other regions either.

Eh?

Non A9LH-fags will never know this feel

Happened to me on one of my 2DSes.
Delete it and get a clean install, then try again.
Not sure what causes it, but I know at one point there was a crash that involved being out of internet range, though doubt that applies here.

I should have the keys for A-Train City Simulator and relevant DLC, so I uploaded my decTitleKeys.bin to 3DS Title Key.

How do I know if the upload went through properly though?

Give it to me straight. Managed to install the usual CFW days before 11.3. Is it safe to update? If yes, update the normal way or is there a workaround? All I can say for now is that Luma3DS is at version 6.6, if that helps.

I'll say not too safe. Everything works except for Homebrew Launcher, which I heard is kinda wiggy.

Can't say I ever used it. Mainly browse the Freeshop and finding plugins for the BootNTR. I mainly want to get online again. Pokemon Bank is about to expire on my end.

Should be fine then.

Go to the Titlekeys site and use the search box to see if your game is there.
I remember seeing my RSS feed for the site mention a game with train in the title, that may of been it.

11.3 is fine for A9LH and EmuNAND;s running with Luma3DS.
A9LH does some funky things before the 3DS firmware even loads, so updating is always safe. If Nintendo ever found a way around it, and I highly doubt it's possible on their end, you'd see this thread meltdown with red text every 2 seconds.

BootNTR needs an update to work on 11.3. Bonus points for the new BootNTR working on memory-extended games.
See this post for links

If you want to go online but are unsure about the latest update, use ctr-httpwn: github.com/yellows8/ctr-httpwn
It lets you spoof your firmware when it checks you're on the latest version, bypassing the update nag.

As for Pokemon, you should switch to one of the homebrew alternatives out there, as they have extras like IV checks, egg move checks etc and are free.

So Holla Forums, tell me your best 3 games to pirate, but try to make it one per genre

Right, I have the US version of A-Train, so I uploaded that.

Hyrule Warriors Legends for action, Animal Crossing for comfy, and Mario Golf for sports.

Pocket Card Jockey. Dispite being a game out solitare it's surprisingly fun.
Taiko No Tatsujin Dokodon Mystery Adventure has a custom dlc builder that lets you play any taiko song that has been on portable, from PSP to Vita.
Fantasy Life is also worth a pirate as well if you're feeling up to it.

MonHun4U for grindan action
DQ7 or 8 for grindan RPG
Pokemon breeding for grindan comfy

It's a miracle~
FUG.

Thanks user

Is Mario Golf actually decent? I got disinterested in mario sports when I heard just how shitty the tennis games had become.

While Mario Golf for the 3DS doesn't have the robust RPG previous games did, it does have a shit ton of courses and challenges to do, including reskinned versions of every Mario Golf 64 course.

smh tbh fam

I don't know how to feel about that multi-sport Mario game coming out. I think it will feel like watered down versions of the previously full versions of each game.

As long as we're on game recommendations, has anyone else played Rhythm Thief? I kept seeing it on recommendation lists, but now that I finally tried it I think it's so painfully mediocre. Hell, I'm pretty sure in a bunch of the mini games the music has nothing to do with the rhythm except MAYBE tempo.

Theatrhythm, Taiko and Megamix are all pretty good though. I wish there was another Ouendan or EBA game.

Good times(not really), think i needed to do something with a bios for it to run properly(afaik it's about the save type)

I deleted Freeshop and reinstalled through FBI using the qr code. However, it still crashes at the same point when it boots.

how is the n3ds for emulating nes/gba/snes?

RetroArch.
SNES9x
Injects to the VC "emulator". Other options are too slow.

No, I mean how does it perform?

It's fine.

Do we have a reccomended chart for 3ds games? if so could someone post it as well as the ds reccomendations?

It would be super great if people actually fucking read the OP pasta and didn't get spoonfed.

That's a retarded way of saying it. It doesn't do "funky" anything.
Also you are absolutely wrong. The 3DS Firmware loads first. It's the 3DS kernel that isn't loaded yet

Think of it this way;
The Bootrom = The BIOS
The Firmware = The OS Bootloader
The firmware partition stack (FIRM0, FIRM1) contain something called the ARM9Loader. The ARM9Loader is basically an ARM9 ELF loader. The entire job of the ARM9Loader is specifically to load the 3DS Kernel (Kernel9). The 3DS uses a Hybrid kernel, this means the actual kernel executable itself is a microkernel, but there is also a monolithic kernel space run from ARM9. It's just like the Windows Hybrid kernel where ntoskrnl.exe is the microkernel but NT itself is the monolithic kernel

Anyways, ARM9Loaderhax, as the name implies, patches the ARM9Loader so instead of jumping directly from FIRM1 to Kernel9 it instead jumps from FIRM1 to ARM9Loaderhax.bin. Which is either on the root of the SD or the root of CTRNAND (in case there is no SD insert or the arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD root doesn't exist)

arm9loaderhax.bin can be ANY ARM9 binary you want. But the default is to use the Luma entry point so you can actually load the Kernel9 safely

So in short
Bootrom loads FIRM loads ARM9Loader loads Kernel9
Bootrom loads FIRM loads ARM9Loader loads arm9loaderhax.bin loads Kernel9
The reason why it's safe to update (and why it will always be safe) is because arm9loaderhax loads before the kernel even loads, giving it priority over the kernel and thus the system software. Nintendo can never patch it because the Nintendo updater can't touch FIRM. And even if it could, Luma has extra security to protect FIRM from the Nintendo Updater. And again , since the Luma software is run before the kernel, it has priority over the kernel

I'm probably being retarded, but I've just installed luma, updated to 11.3, and now I can't get the homebrew launcher to work anymore.
It's stuck saying "the homemenu robpin is ready"

You need to update the Homebrew Launcher Loader itself now too. For some reason the old one is not compatible with the 11.3 payloads. Just grab the latest .cia and install it

Already did that, but I've figured it out. The only info I saw on how to update was to install the the launcher loader and to just stick the new payload file in root, not to actually run soundhax again.
Did that and now it works.

Shit dude are you stuck on 11.3? That sucks

How would I download the English patches for Taiko? I didn't understand the guide at gbatemp

go to 3dsiso and download the prepatched english version of Taiko

is there a senran kagura uncensored? I just want to see some blurred ninja tits in my ds

I was under the impression that after installing a CFW that was fine, is there a reason not to keep up to date?

Alright I got it thanks

Do you mean one without any localization changes to the English version, or one where everyone's naked? If it's the latter, I'd pay to see someone do that.

>Captcha: Nudmjp

When does FTP transferring get fun?

Why are you running soundhax to start HBL if you have CFW?

I found a possible way to save F-Zero Climax by setting the save to Flash 128KB. I'm going to inject this thing myself. Wish me luck.

F-Zero didn't deserve this much bullshit around trying to run it.

Updating always give me the creeps.

Welp, done, no problems with the update. I took the time to do a full service to my 3DS, updated A9LH, since I haven't done it since a couple of months ago, updated luma and most of the utility .cias, inclusding HBL and NTR.

Does someone have a Wii Shop .ogg or something, shit was cash.

What do you need it for?

Put it in freeshop. They should make them the default song inb4 nintendo fucks them again
Here:
mega.nz/#!ehxRDIIY!N0S81ksrEpXALXuIIqsGyBWBHRzYgOcUmNPskF7BwRI
mega.nz/#!jp4hkDQY!8YFYLlNqwTUIyxr2DaOnZkP7x74U8ffIKhI7msWTXeM
alright

I mean ps4 version uncensored where you just get blurred blobs where the tits and pussy are. Guess there are none.

It's been a few months since I've checked out 3ds stuff. Is there a reliable/easy way to get updates for games? Lot of my stuff wants to be updated but if iirc if you update through the 3DS it will delete DLC you haven't paid for which I have a lot of.

You know they're not anatomical right? There's no nipples or pussies. Even official art shows them without ever having nipples.

freeshop lad, details in the OP

That's because the artist who does SK can't draw period. Why do you think they only draw samefaced and samebodies blobs?

Ok thanks. I was already setting that up. Wasn't sure if it provided updates too.

Using cakes, everything works until I select "Boot CFW" and then it just hangs.

What do?

Seems like Cakes might not support 11.3, try Luma and see if your emunand works.

Won't it mess up my 3DS if I have two things that use emunand?

Like won't my cakes emunand have different data than my luma emunand? Or is it simpler than it seems?

You could try microSD Management if FTP doesn't work too well for you, though I can't guarantee it'd necessarily work any better. Also you could just use FBI and Boop or Socketpunch to transfer and install at the same time.

mega.nz/#!2VoA0BKL!7WxAYZ18XOoW3HI1g6H2DV9Nl1_I19B4yUF10px 3HuU

It's simpler than it seems, the choice of CFW is just a loader for the actual emunand partition on the SD card. RxTools, Cakes, Luma, etc. can all load the same partition with no problem, migration is just dumping a new folder into your "3ds" homebrew folder.

That's basically the same thing in all but the programs you use, and even then I've had less issues with standard FTP homebrew than that program in recent months. Worth a shot, though.

The illusion that there is makes it hot

They'd get a hell of a spanking if they actually modelled those bits. Unfortunate.

SoundHax should still work on 11.3.
You will need the new ropbin to access HBL, though. Go to Smealum's website for it.

Problem with Freeshop is a lot of people don't put updates on 3ds.titlekeys.com are they just update it through the eShop normally, which sucks if you want to use Freeshop to update a bunch of games quickly.

Cakes, RxTools and ReiNAND are fucked on 11.3. Bricks 100%.

Switch to Luma. It's in the OP, but essentially, just get the Luma3DS pack off the Github and place the arm9loaderhax.bin file on your SD card (It doesn't install A9LH, it's just for Luma to work) and merge the 3ds folder with the one on your SD card.

Just boot using Luma and it will work.

I understand Rx and Cakes but why would Rei be fucked on 11.3?

I don't know, I never used it. I was just told it doesn't work and that Luma is the only thing that does.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was the Luma Defence Force reminding me that everything is fixed by Luma and A9LH.

If I had to guess its because Nintendo fucked with the FIRM partition on 11.3 and so it breaks some CFWs. Luma is fine because it write-protects FIRM
And yes, this would also effect emunand because emunand does have a FIRM partition
And yes, you really should switch to Luma and A9LH already because it does fix everything

Is it safe to close my 3DS and put it into sleep mode? I remember seeing something warning against that in the guide while installing but I wasn't sure if I would be fine afterwards.

It's fine after you're all settled in on CFW.

Thanks

Something about open source

Is it safe to update emunand currently? Using newest version of reinand if it matters.

Fortunately I was able to update every game I wanted/needed.

Haven't installed anything new since the mario maker release.
Is it safe to download and play it from freeshop? I'm a bit paranoid after pokemon sun/moon.
Any new worthwhile releases since that?

If anything, it's probably the safest method
That was only for retards who played it before it even came out.

Haha, not me for sure.
Kept the wireless switch turned off the whole time the game was installed though.

Question, so I read that Decrypt9 only works on firmware 9.2 and under. Am I out of luck with using it? I'm using a 3DS already set up with A9LH but with the firmware updated to 11.3.

Stop emulating games on a DOS machine running the DOS version of gens.

I would if there actually was any option besides the genesis plus and picodrive cores.

Even Nintendo thinks you should dump emunand. It's the first thing they're coming for

So wait, it's possible to just add some shit to a folder to change to A9LH instead of goring through the whole process again? Fucking hell, I'm already most of the way through.
I'm at the point where I've downgraded to 2.1.0 and need to connect to the internet but my wireless password has changed and I can't get it because it's 3 am. I saved the contents of my sd card when I was on reinand, is it possible to abort this whole process and do it the easy way?

I'm tempted to buy a n3ds for better gba and snes emulation. The problem is that used models cost as much as a new one and I'm not sure about buying new models without waiting for a sale. 11.3 lock out homebrew entirely, and 11.2 consoles are going to be out of the door in a bit right? Should I just buy a new model at full price?

Im pretty sure brand new units are still on 11.1

Still no reports of new consoles having 11.3 on them. Most stores should have stocks of older consoles with 11.0 or 11.1 on them, so it's probably going to be safe to wait for a sale for a while.

It works provided you have an ARM9 exploit. ARM9loaderhax counts, you can execute it as a secondary payload from Luma3DS, and that's how Hourglass9 is set up if you follow the guide.

They're on a hackable version, that's all that matters. As long as they're actually new and not refurbs that may be updated.

Considering the time taken to manufacture and transport the 3DS's I don't expect any to be shipped with 11.3 for another month at the earliest. The time to get yours is now user.

Is there an update to .CIA version of NTR CFW? The cheats version, not the one that overwrites Luma. I tried searching for an update, but the one I have gives a text-based console look and makes me feel like it's trying to overwrite Luma, with a line of coding saying "Press X to dump ram".

Use this: github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases

cell9 is incompetent. It's pretty much only Nanquitas's efforts that keep NTR working at all.

Okay, I just did that and I got back to my emunand just fine, but then I got on my home menu a black square without any text

What is that?

Your clue to hack your 3DS to modern standards.

I don't understand, it's using Luma now, how do I hack it to modern standards or are you just memeing me?

He's telling you to install a9lh because he's a faggot

It means arm9loaderhax. 3ds.guide is all you need, and it'll be easy to migrate from emuNAND.

They deserve to be bullied.And have their 3DS' brick.

yeah right
losing all your saves and being forced to reinstall every game is totally worth smug superiority.
I only installed a9lh because I got a new 3ds, it's unnecessary to migrate unless you're switching 3dses

Typical emuserf. When you copy emuNAND to sysNAND at the end of the guide you lose nothing.

What? If you just back up your SD card before you format, you avoid that. I swear, it's like everyone here is retarded or some shit.

We need to start blocking retards out of the internet.

whatever you say fam

Here's your (you).

it means you have to reinstall them which takes time and was buggy for games like monhun until recently

Backing up is how you avoid losing them, you mentally deficient fuck.

You don't even have to use a save manager if you just back up the filesystem of the SD card.

You still lost all your shit if you backed up the SD card you dense motherfucker, you had to reinstall everything after you got a9lh up.

The only thing you lose are GBA & DSiware saves. You don't have to reinstall anything. Apparently you're just a fucking retard who can't manage simple tasks.

How bad is the framerate/lag for Hyrule Warriors Legends on the O3DS?

Watch a youtube vid comparing the two, faggot.

It's pretty bad

Guess I'll stick to grinding up everyone else in the Wii U version. Damn it.

Sick thanks man.

how do I install a .cia? I downloaded a patched copy of that Labyrinth no Kanata fan translation and I can'tfigure out how I'm supposed to run it. I tried with FBI, but I get a "failed to install error" maybe I'm out of storage space?

emunand is useful for SOME things, but these people who just have it because they're too lazy to shift everything to sysnand is not a good reason to have it.

It's good if you're a developer and like messing with the system itself to run homebrew or if you must have a huge collection of titles on your home screen to the point where you bypass the 300 limit. Another reason would be if you want to have several hacked titles of the same game without overwriting the official one (Pokemon hacks).

If those aren't any of your reasons for having emunand, get rid of that shit.

fuck me it was just a space issue.

What exactly do I need to install the Fire Emblem translation patch?

Even in that scenario its pretty useless because if you wanted to fuck with the CTR OS itself you could just use A9LH to make a backup first and then use it to restore that backup in case you fuck up

Kek its like were in the 90s again

Why is the n3ds sold out fucking everywhere?

Because you're too slow

That list could use a serious update

Because NoA's localization is ass

He said what does he need not why.

And yeah, that list is pretty shit now.

Does anyone have Fire emblem fates special edition with DLC in english?

I remember there was a link back in a later thread but I missed it/was too lazy to download

Here's the EUR version, use the Luma Locale Switcher to chance region and language
mega.nz/#F!qBJUUKrZ!MzTC9_N-ewn8bsSW7fxznA

At least spoiler that thing

Shit tier waifu, a slut and, not the worst, but a bad senran.

thank you user xoxo

What kind of unholy faggotry is this ?

I'm just acting like the degen I am

Yeah, I have no idea what exactly I need to pirate and install and if I need to do anything else.

github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation
github.com/TeamIf/FireEmblemIf-FanTranslation/wiki
Here's everything you'll need

I'm not surprised at this point anymore

I followed 3ds.guide word for word. I wanted to continue using my current emunand setup so it told me to make a backup of it and then inject it into sysnand. i did that and finished following through on the guide. My games that were installed on emunand aren't showing. It's clearly still set to my original sysnand. It doesn't seem to have made the right backup. It's clearly named Nandmin_emu.bin.

How do I go about at least getting my saves back from my downloaded games?

I followed the 3ds.guide word for word. I backed up and injected my emunand into sysnand for a9lh. Now the home menu only shows games i've actually purchased/installed. The guide said it would restore all my tickets after it was over but that doesn't seem to be the case. Do I need to re-download my games? Will the saves still be there?

Post the others of that kind of gif.

Clearly you didn't.

Try reinstalling the tickets manually with FBI, but you probably hosed yourself by unnecessarily doing the 9.2 ctrtansfer. You can also try re-restoring your emuNAND backup.

Has anyone managed to export saves from pokemon hack games? I made a .cia for pokemon polished crystal and it works great and I can export the save but it says its corrupt.

I can managed to get pikasav to read it and then save the changed but once you start the game back up it says the save is corrupted.

Clearly

No. I skipped that step. It said to do it if you had an error, I didn't get any errors.

Don't have all of them unfortunately.

Just did an emunand restore and the only thing it did was delete the installed FBI.cia. So I'm just fucked now? I only care about a single games save file. I don't care about having to redownload everything else.

People are saying 11.3 is a dangerous update that messes with luma and homebrew launcher.
But there's something I'm not getting.
Is it 11.3 sysnand pre-CFW or 11.3 Emunand CFW?
If I already have Luma working(or one of my friend's case RxTools), is it safe to just update our emunand from system menu as always? (Also, the update nag doesn't fuck that up, does it?)

You should have backed up the save file with JKSM first, then. Re-inject FBI in H&S, reinstall the game, and MAKE SURE THE "Nintendo 3ds" Folder from your emunand is on the SD card.

Honestly, though you probably just need to uninstall a9lh (in Decrypt9), then do a sysupdate from the 3ds settings app.

Is it safe to play multiplayer? I wanted to try out Monster Hunter and Animal Crossing

I apologize for the stupid questions. I'm not really sure where else to go

Because you may be literally retarded, I'm going to explicitly state that the last part is sarcasm.

I did back up the sd card and transferred everything back after the format.

Yeah, I got that, thanks jackass.

DO NOT UPDATE ON RXTOOLS!

You'll probably brick.

For the Luma systems, they can be updated, but the hombrew launcher is buggy on n3ds systems depending on the clock settings.

thanks.
My bud is fucked then.
His sysnand is on 4.something and he couldn't transition to luma from rxtools.
Then I just need to get Starupdater, update my luma, then get the newest homebrew launcher from smea and only then update my emunand… Gotcha.

Framerate is vastly inferior, lag is extremely rare to nonexistant. Framerate sucks but it's not unplayable by any stretch unless you're a mandatory 60 FPS autist and slowdowns don't really happen.

I recently pirated MH4U and got to play multiplayer, so it worked for me.

I've been trying to install custom themes with CHMM2 but I keep getting "[string "?"] error 599: error opening file"
How do I fix this ?

I need help with this as well, except that it's all homebrew payloads causing my N3DS to hard freeze every time I try to load one of them. The Homebrew Launcher itself still runs fine. I have A9LH+Luma with everything updated and a backup of 11.2 sysnand just in case.

Turn off Clock+L2 in Luma settings. If it's already off, turn it on.

I'm on a fully updated Luma 3ds emunand, where do I go from here to install AL9H?

I just learned 11.3 is out. Why should I update? My 3DS is already pimped out per the guide. Don't the Nintendo updates just patch the exploits? They don't actually, heaven forbid, make their OS better, do they?

If you want to go online.

Just follow the guide like normal. You do not even need emunand for the guide, just a 3DS on pretty much any firmware up to 11.2. At the end of the guide it will then give you instructions on how to flash your emunand back to your sysnand so you can ditch emunand completely and have all your games still be there

You can go online in 11.2 with ctr-httpwn. It's in the homebrew starter kit.

The official changelog always says "Updated for stability purposes" but that actually is rarely the case, its almost always a means of patching an exploit

To see the REAL changelog, check 3dbrew;
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36

That said, it will ALWAYS be safe to update as long as you have A9LH and Luma as the arm9loaderhax.bin entrypoint.

ALSO this might be of interest on the bottom of the page;
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#New_issue
New issue

The funniest thing is only people WITHOUT hacked 3DS' are truly shafted this time since with A9LH you can use any FIRM you fucking want with any CTRNAND. The FIRM is basically just the bootloader. Its the first thing the bootloader runs, all the FIRM does is initialize the hardware and start the ARM9Loader to execute Kernel9 and the rest of CTR OS. Basically the FIRM is completely separate from the 3DS' OS altogether and its also where arm9loaderhax is run from (as its name implies, arm9loaderhax just patches the ARM9Loader to run a binary from the SD card or the root of CTR rather than kernel9) And yet somehow Nintendo introduced bugs into FIRM. Go fucking figure

I meant to say
> its the first thing the bootrom runs,
don't confuse the bootrom and the bootloader since they are different things

Just checked. Freeshop still works. Browser still works. What doesn't work is: Miiverse, Miiplaza, eShop. I'll assume that online play doesn't work, but does local work? No friends to test with

As long as I have CFW and no friends, it seems updating is pointless.

(checked)
Thanks, anons.

Also remember, you can always make a backup image of your current system with A9LH via Hourglass9, that way if you regret an update you can always roll right back
Always keep a backup of your system user

I can play MHGen multiplayer no problem on 11.2

Alright, so I've installed Luma, a9lh etc. with the guide. Gotten a shitload of gba and nes VC injects done, and downloaded a couple 3ds games with freeshop. Running it all on an old 3ds xl. Is this about the extent of what I can expect to do with homebrew? I've heard mention of ps1 and SNES emulation, but are the emulators that exist right now any good on O3DS? I'm just wondering if I should be satisfied with the shit I've got already or if there's anything else I should do to exploit the console.

Does anyone have a .cia file for the 2014 version of Pokemon Brown?

PS1 is not going to work on O3DS. It barely works on N3DS. SNES should be fine.

Friend is playing Smash online with his RxTools 11.2, nothing else.

I actually tried both of those methods already and the same thing happened each time. However, I got it working again after I realized what I did wrong and now I feel like an idiot for it. I had "Enable game patching" turned on in Luma settings even though there was no reason for it, but I was curious. Turning it back off fixed everything.

If all else fails you could just reflash a completely fresh CTR-Transfer Image. To restore your games and configs you need to back up your tickets and system config from Decrypt9
Just following the guide here;
3ds.guide/region-changing.html
But instead of flashing a CTR transfer image from a different regions you're just flashing one from your region

Make sure to skip "Section IV - Editing SecureInfo" unless you actually are flashing a CTR image from a different region

Also when all is said and done your games could fail to load for some reason. The only real workaround I've found is to go to official system settings, uninstall all your games while using the save data backup when it prompts you and then go to Freeshop to redownload them. Alternatively use a homebrew save data manager to backup and restore your saves.

Okay, did all the necessary steps in the guide, Injected the H&S app with FBI, but now the system just boots to the HBL and any app I gives me a black screen, how do I load to plain AL9H Sysnand?

Delete your homemenu extData

So, I was dumb and ended up getting my 3DS system banned several months ago, during the SuMo prerelease shit. Just to double check, what would be lost by going through the process to reset my system ID and NNID?

try ejecting the R4 andd plugging it in again

also my gay ass R4 has firmware that "expired"

Anyone know how to dump modded games as .cia's to share with people?
I have the Alpha Sapphire nude mod installed via a .cia and that got taken off 3DSISO, any help?

NTR worth setting up? Can it play music over games or shit?

How is my full version smaller than that atrocity?

This is gonna feel like a dumb question, but since it appears to be working decently, anyone know off the top of their head whether MSU-1 audio is theoretically possible on it? I know it's possible now on the SNES9X GX on Wii, but since the SNES already has issues with SNES emulation proper…

I just googled the shit and grabbed the first thing I found.

Help.
I hacked a my 3ds a long time ago (before luma and current exploits), everything went smoothly.
Then I hacked another one with a9hl and it's all good.

Now I hacked a 3ds again with the latest guide (it was 11.2) and it's shit. Everything is low as BALLS (literally every action in the system) and somewhat buggy (the theme in themeloader resets every time I turn off the system, never happened before).
Can it be the SD card? I used a 64GB one for this one (had to reformat it to FAT32). It was brand new. Not sure what class it is, I don't have the box now. Can it be because the class is too low?
All the the other 3dses used many different 16gb ones but there were no probs.
Thanks.

PSP got cracked wide open a long time ago, right? Is there a similar step-by-step guide for hacking it like the one in the OP? I want a portable PS1 emulator but I don't trust random searches and scant technical knowledge to help me do it properly. Anyone know of any reliable guides?

My 64GB card takes maybe 30 seconds to load the entire home menu (80 something games).
It could be the class, so give that a check when you can. It should be written on the SD card, too.

Open Decrypt9 and dump the title to CIA.
Share as you please.

No for the music.
It's worth it if there's a plugin for a game you want. There's MonHun, Pokemon, Smash, LoZ Link Between Worlds and Animal Crossing Plugins. Can't think of others off the top of my head, but if you just want ez cheats, set it up. It's pretty much drag, drop, install, go at this point.

Can you edit saves in pokemon hacks? I know pokemon titles already have issues with save games but I cant seem to inject a save file back without errors.

I have an 64GB SDcard for a 3DS and a 64GB SDXC card from PNY that works fine in my NEW3DS that both work when formatted to FAT32

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178996&cm_re=microsd-_-20-178-996-_-Product

I checked. My SDXC had a (1) on it, which, according to wikipedia, corresponds to Class 10 on an SDHC card.
That is to say, it's not slow at all. Then why the hell is this happening?

Oh yeah, it's class U1 AND Class 10, that is literally the same as a Class 10 SHDC lying beside it. But the one is okay and the other one is slow as shit despite being brand new.
Can it be because of the forced FAT32 formatting? I was thinking of getting a new card, but now that is seems that the speed is not the issue, I wanna know how to fix this.

Nothing to do with the formatting.

What exactly is slowing down? Is it just the home menu taking a while, or are games taking longer to load?
If it's just the home menu, you can't do much for that with the 3DS, they just get slow on loading the home menu with 64GB+.

I usually just boot my 3DS and leave it running in sleep mode so I don't have to wait a bit for the menu to load every time.

The 3DS itself take a lot of time to load.
Every application takes A LOT of time to load.
Even the submenus and in-app, I think. Maybe even the download is slower now, but I may be bullshitting on this one. So, every action that requires loading takes 5 times longer to do so than it should.

And my home menu theme keeps resetting for some weird reason. I even hacked the same 3ds before (went smoothly), then it got updated to 11.2, nuking everything. After the SoundHax exploit came out, I hacked it again using this brand new 64GB SDXC card (all cards I used before were typical 16GB SHDC ones), and now it's so slow it makes my blood boil.

Are you updated to 11.3? I know that had some new security patches that made games slower, like OoT3D.

Can't think of any other time I've heard this happening across everything with a class 10 card (same as I use).
Maybe make an account and ask GBAtemp? They usually answer quickly.

Is it possible to emulate old DS games on a9lh? Are any extra programs needed?

It's 11.2
Now that I think about it, even on PC this card is EXTREMELY slow.
So it's either the forced FAT32 formatting or the card is somehow defective.

There is a program that apparently can boot a few DS games that came out recently but its still pretty early in development.

I remember hearing something about a9lh having support for flashcarts, or was I mistaken?

This is what I was talking about, also you can play DS games off of flashcarts, I'm using my old gateway blue card to play DS roms.

Luma3DS is what patches out the blacklisting of flash cards. But you should be using that through arm9loader hax. Using any other entrypoints is old hat.

As says there's also work on no flash card DS games, but it's not ready yet. You can use it fairly well with DS homebrew though.

So the old cyclo I have laying around should work just fine?

While digging through GBAcuck for nice works on the 3DS, I've stumbled about a question worth raising.

Is swap memory doable on a 3DS ?

I'm not sure people have thought about it, but I can clearly see the usefulness - Drop 4gb of a 32gb card to make your O3DS faster than a N3DS, which can help A LOT for games (I wouldn't be surprised to see N3DS run on O3DS with such a thing) and emulation.

Your ideas on this ?

That's not what swap memory is for, and the question simply doesn't make sense.

haha, I finally got off my ass and compiled citra on my toaster. There's too many fucking pokemans now. what's actually worth playing on your autism badge?

What settings and what compiler did you use?
Is that ElementaryOS?

github.com/citra-emu/citra
I just used the build tools and qt5default and it mostly magically worked so I guess that means gcc? that's the default compiler. and yeah elementary, but in my defence it doesn't make much difference what distro you're on if you know what you're doing.

google git cheat sheet and really read the build instructions in the git repo. 9/10 times you're entering commands in the wrong directory.

oh and here's a spoiler: the next generation ps2 emulator that's tipped to be ported to retroarch is running SOTC in the latest git version.

probably too much of a pain in the arse to find out but it could be that the sdcard hardware/firmware is too old and shit to use all the speed of a high grade card. I wish I knew this when I modded my ps2 for usb loading.

for homebrew maybe. developers wouldn't expect consumers to format an sd card, and quite likely most of the walmart sd cards are too slow anyway.

Is there finally going to be an emulator that's better than PSCX2?

define better, pcsx2 is fastest, most accurate, most compatible emulator for the ps2 and will be till at least the end of the year, probably longer.

the problem is that pcsx2 is so 32-bit x86 bound that it just can't make the jump to multithreading, ARM, vulkan, the native 128bit registers on amd64 chips and the build tools and docs are so byzantine and cobwebbed that all of four people on the planet are making commits or can orchestrate a release.

The devs of course deny this, and arguably they're making progress, but if you junk the recompiler to make one that's more compatible with modern architectures, then you junk the 90's throwback plugin system and legacy XP API, then you pretty much have to junk the UI to configure all the garbage you just tossed and you're paying technical debt and fighting the build tools the whole way. People with ZERO lines of code are ahead of pcsx2 at this point.

So in the future, if people work hard, then yes. maybe.

also if you're the faggot that whinges about ace combat git gud and compile pcsx2 (GL-HF) they finally got off their asses and fixed mipmapping in opengl (I hope you bought nvidia).

There is no WiiU thread up, so I'm asking it here.

I'm about to hack my WiiU. Is this SimpliiU program acceptable for making the SD Card?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-simpliiu.438899/

Also, should I use Rednand or not? What is the difference between Hachi, Coldboot Hachi anbd Mocha CFW, and which should I go with? And what is the easiest to follow guide out there?

Also, what is the latest firmware on the WiiU?

Latest firmware is 5.51, which is hackable.
Haxchi basically injects a CFW loader/patcher into a legit DS Virtual Console title, exploiting a vulnerability in the DSVC, so you could get CFW by just launching that title without running the browser exploit and HBL every time. When you run it, it patches the signature and region checks in memory, allowing you to install and run unsigned/out of region shit. The downside is that it requires you to buy a legit DSVC title in the eShop.
CBHC is a way to launch the Haxchi title automatically at boot, which means that you boot right into CFW. Using Haxchi does not modify your stock firmware, while using CBHC does, which can potentially lead to bricks, but if you're not braindead, you'll be okay.
RedNAND/Mocha is optional and it takes up a shitton of space on your SD, so it's up to you to decide.
Just follow this guide, it explains everything pretty clearly: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
I have CBHC installed and it works alright. You can also uninstall it at any time.

So I will need a DS VC title no matter what? I guess its better to just update my WiiU to the latest and buy it now, and later do the hack, right?

Pardon for the second question, but since I plan on using a 64gb card, what would be the best method if I plan on using a usb HDD, don't care about vWii and plan to play online?

I suppose I will install Mocha since space will not be much of a problem.

Basically, if you don't have a DS title, you can only do browser-based kernel exploits, which means that every time you want to boot into CFW via CFWLoader or run Homebrew Launcher, you'll have to run your browser and load up loadiine.ovh or whatever. Some of the games you install with WUPInstaller while on CFW you will still be able to play even while on stock firmware, but unsigned games and DLC require CFW to run, so you'll have to load CFW every time you want to play them.
If you have Haxchi, however, instead of fucking around with the browser you just have to run the Haxchi title once, which applies sigpatches and then you'll basically be in CFW. So it's more of a convenience than a necessity.

There's two ways you can run WiiU games: first is using WUPInstaller to install dumps of eShop titles from the SD card. WUPInstaller can only install shit either to NAND or to USB storage. The titles will even appear on your Home Menu, as if you've installed them through eShop. The second one is running disc dumps using Loadiine, which only loads games from the SD card. It's a bit slower than the first method and can cause lag in some larger games (Bayonetta 2, for example).
In the first case you only use the SD card for RedNAND and installing shit, so you'd have to either get a flash drive or a USB HDD for actual games.

When you run installed titles you can play online. You won't get banned unless you do something retarded, like cheat or use that Splatoon hack that lets you play as an Octoling or something. As far as I know, Loadiine doesn't allow online play.

Does this work like the 3DS version? As in, I can install games directly from the eShop without owning them?

One last question: I own a couple of original games. Can I play them as if this was a non-modded WiiU and go online with them without trouble after modding the WiiU?

Thank you very much for the answers. I'm a little nervous about doing this.

S/M is easaily the best pokemon to date. A lot of people will complain about it being too easy, but those people are retarded and fail to realize that the game has several methods of customizable difficulty settings, they just aren't obviously labeled as such.

It works like on the 3DS, but there's no freeShop analog for the WiiU, which means that you have to get the dumps manually or using a PC program, then copy them to the SD card, then install them using WUPInstaller.
There's this piece of shit gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/ which is basically a PC freeShop. It will download the dumps directly from Nintendo servers, but just like freeShop it needs a place to get tickets/title keys from. When it asks you for a link for the title keys, input wiiu.titlekeys.com/ and it should work. Note that even though it asks you to select a correct region, you can run out of region shit when you're on CFW.

You can play original games just fine on a CFW. The one game you won't be able to play is the DS title you inject Haxchi into. Also, DON'T batch install packs of DS games, it can accidentally overwrite your Haxchi title if that particular game is in the pack.

Remember that everything up to and including Haxchi on that guide is perfectly safe and reversible and will not brick your shit. The only thing that actually can brick your shit is CBHC.

Thank you very much. Your explanation is easy to understand.

Holy shit, nice post and numbers. Time to rev up that old microSD card.

But now that I've said it's dry, it will be good again for a week.

Anyways, have a look at the inside of a Nintendo Switch, niggers.
imgur.com/a/IVQTT

So I dunno how to update my hax to 2.9
halp please

I'm having a little trouble with my WiiU. I have followed the CFW guide up to this point:

However, doing that only executes Hachi. Does the guide mean that I should execute the Homebrew Launcher at this point and run the Mocha .elf (mocha/mocha.elf as it appears) in the list?

I was browsing through NDS and DSiware games when I noticed that the DS has an NES emulator: NES DS. Has anybody tried it on 3DS? Is it better than retroarch or VC?

Whatever NES cores RetroArch has will beat the pants off the VC emulator, or any old DS homebrew one.

It's not homebrew
it's DSiware

Sure looks like homebrew to me.

I don't think nintendo ever released an "oldschool" emulator instead of their virtual console stuff.
Retroarch should be better than anything DS though.

then I guess the list just refered to it as dsiware

What list? Make sense please! There's no way Nintendo would sell an emulator like that.

the Holla Forums recommends website
the one where that chart that keeps getting reposted comes from

no wait, i'm retarded
it was the homebrew section

Anyone have a prebuilt CIA then?

Go to Smealum's website, download the ropbin for your system and place it on the root of the SD.

If you replaced the config file as instructed, it should run Mocha.

Can I use a usb for this?

I got a N3DS and it's on 11.0, do I just keep the back lid off of the console while I follow the guide to have quick access to the micro SD slot?

Yeah, it's safe but a little unnerving I'l admit.

No. You need an SD card. You will also need to use it to install games later.

github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
FBI update?

I wish to replace my old DS because the state of both triggers and the top screen are making it impossible to play comfortably.
I was nearly convinced to go for a 2DS but buying a gimmick console without its gimmick is kinda sad.
Is a N3DS really that much better than a 2DS in terms of emulation or is the difference difficult to perceive?
I own both of pic related. Will it work on a 2DS/N3DS?
I've read on the thread the N3DS has its own flashcard but you can also play games directly with a microSD. Does it make a difference?
There's something I just don't understand. Am I on a death timer to buy a N3DS before they roll the 11.2 update?
I noticed the N3DS doesn't come with a charger and the adapter they sell at stores looks suspisciously like a smartphone micro usb to usb cable. Are they the same or just very similar? Is a DSlite Charger compatible with 2DS or N3DS?

Don't bother. The 3D gimmick isn't anything special but the 2DS is O3DS power and awkwardly shaped.
You'll need to hack it probably, most/all of them are blacklisted depending on the firmware version. You'll want to hack it anyway, refer to 3ds.guide
Recommended for the higher power, if you hack it you can also use it with some games that wouldn't benefit on official firmware. It's also pretty much required for SNES emulation, use SNES9x.
All 3DS models use a proprietary charger. No USB, and I don't believe it's compatible with DS. It sucks ass. Note that some 3DS models do not come with the plug, you'll have to get it separately.
It's 11.3 that's currently unhackable. If you buy an unopened 3DS you're safe. Used, make sure there's a return policy just in case.

so you guys said that I shouldn't be a bigger reatard than the guide was designed for, but if, theoretically, my mate fired an autistic retard and still has his 3ds, and said autistic retard bought an import 3ds that won't run local carts, could I flash a different region during ctrtransfer and turn it into a local 3ds he can give his kids?

You don't really need to change the region, since any CFW should load out-of-region shit already. You can flash a ctrtransfer image from a different region, but it requires installing A9LH anyway, so there's no real point to it: 3ds.guide/region-changing

Yes, after installing CFW.
Using a flashcart is much more reliable than the current means of loading from the 3DS's microSD card.
11.2 is fine, it's 11.3 you need to worry about, and as long as you get one before they start shipping with 11.3 you should be fine. No one knows when they'll start that, in fact, they may not ever do it because of the switch.
Not similar at all, except maybe at first glance.
The DSLite and the gameboy micro are the only portable nintendo systems that have unique chargers. Ever since the DSi, they've been using the same charger though.

My wallet hurts reading these posts. I'll go for the N3DS. Thanks anons