Yu-Gi-Oh!

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
For online: YGOPro Percy - mediafire.com/download/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
Archive with all games playable on PC (mostly through emulation): pastebin.com/0SHfUYyj
Tag Force 1-6 are the best if you want a story (2006-2011, 6 has only the first 25 XYZ monsters).
Tag Force Special (2015) is the best to play for learning the game with many of the new cards.
The World Championship series (2004-2011) and Duel Academy (2006) are pretty good too. Definitely check out Dungeon Dice Monsters.
All are fun for pet/archetype non-meta decking. Legacy of the Duelist is shit.

Useful Links
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/ (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Probability calculator)
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ (Ban list)

How to get better
Read the cards.
Playtest and try suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/rockmn-zero/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-ost-dm-sound-duel-03
beyondtheduel.com/vjmp-spoilers-new-field-update/
ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breakoff_Trap_Hole
yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=4270
ygopro.it/web/
ygopro.us/
change.org/p/konami-petition-against-konami-s-new-yugioh-rules-link-summoning?recruiter=614388149&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Decode_Talker
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Missus_Radiant
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Link_Monsters
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Alright, interested in a Kaiju deck but the one Kaiju on the field thing bugs me and while it is easy to summon a Kaiju, sometimes you just get a dead draw. So, my question is should I have another archetype to help out like the Graydles or Ninjas or should I just stick with pure Kaiju?

When/Why did Dueling Network die and do you think it will get a Monster Reborn?

Play some MTG if you want a game that actually requires some thinking.

No need to. The automatic games are a lot more chill to play. You don't have to deal with people not knowing the rules or trying to intentionally trick you.

Don't you get tired bitching everything thread? Go away and talk about MTG in this thread if you want to, just don't be a little bitch.

No HearthStone allowed, though.

I've got the perfect deck finally constructed. Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Also, Check'em

Bump

At least post a picture, man.

Did Yuya say he wants to fuck Yuzu yet?

Who?

What the fuck, I thought yugioh went out of fashion with all those other fads like Beyblade. Man what a dark age of fads, no cool concept that was impossible in our world, just an obvious product for consumers with some retarded gimmick laid on top.

I love Sychro based decks. I am having fun with this. I screw the combos more often than not but hey, it is still my favorite summoning method. Has anyone tried the Yang Zing True Kangs?

Why are Zarc magicians so damn fun, feels so flexible in the combos it can pull of, Zarc is just a easy turn 2-3 OTK set up if you didn't get it yet.

I suggest you get percy from the link in the OP

No because he's such a beta he forgot he even wanted to.

they are cousins

tried my d/d/ds at locals today
2-1 against metalfoes
0-2 against kozmos
0-2 against paleozoics
2-0 against blue eyes
i only lost to metalfoes because we were in time and i had less life points
lost to kozmos because i'm retarded and the first duel my contracts/scoldings killed me, second duel he summons dark planet, for god knows what reason i use rivalry of warlords, and the only way of killing dark planet for me is to use crystal wing, who happens to not be a fiend
i actually traded the paleozoic deck to my friend today to get back my buster bladers. then the nigger goes ahead and borrows frogs for it. but that's not the crazy part. he went nearly undefeated today because he used fucking pic related - because of that, he could not only easily remove boss monsters, but also use legacy of yata garasu as a pot of greed. in any case, even though i had errors on the field, he kept returning my d'arc to the extra deck by making him a spirit, and i burned myself with contracts.
beat blue eyes pretty easily, first game i made siegfried and scolding'd the alternative, after which he didn't have anything left. second game i make crystal wing, and he had nothing to run it over with
all in all, i learned that i need to add another way of stopping the contracts. i'll either swap omega/beelze for a second d'arc, or i'll add leonidas

I wanted to play at a regional today but I had to go to the veterinary to have my bird put to sleep

I want Lyrical Luscinia to work.

That build is crap. Kaiju engines are Graydles < Yosenju

Felt bad over how shit I drew the Yuya Pepe so I made a new one

isn't king of the feral imps and kagetokage good?

that's 2 cards
and i can count masked chameleon too, so that's 3
for a whole type of monsters, 3 cards isn't a lot
even wyrms have more usable support

That is pretty sad, user, I am sorry

Zoodiac Kaiju, is it meta? I love Kaijus, they are fun.

one of the 3 best builds of zoodiac, a tier 0 deck. yes, it's meta.

I am sorry for your loss, brother.
That is a nicely done rare Pepe, though.

I heard YGO is a game where you win or lose in the first 2 turns is that true or not?

absolutely true, even at lower levels of play with rogue/casual strategies games tend not to last longer than 2 turns each.

and this is shit that might have been meta a decade ago

Stop fucking bullying Yuya. His show's almost over.

this hurts the soul

Yes, especially nowadays.

I'll miss the faggot. Especially since the new guy looks like he make the new show be Zexal 3

I run a Blue Eyes deck, and the usual winning turn is abot 3rd or 4th, but that's because I'm a dick who fucks up combos.

Yugioh duels are not quick, though, the setup for each turn can last a fucking lifetime.

Why is Legacy of the Duelist shit, its the only yugioh game I had currently and its the first one I've played since Nightmare Troubadour in 2006

Because it was released without even containing all the sets that were out at the time, sells DLC for cards previously availible in other yu gi oh games for free and the UI is worse then YGOpro percy which you can play for free and have all the cards in general.
If you really want to play it for the shitty anime faggot story mode just pirate it as well as the DLC because you can actually still play online with it on pirated versions.

Forgot, even if you just want to play with a more fancy AI you can just play with YGOpro 2 which is also free and works much,much better then legacy.

that's a bit of an over exaggeration I find them to last about 5-6 turns on average if you don't get blown the fuck out turn 1 because they opened broken, also games going on beyond turn 10 isn't that rare either. (based on the semi-finals and finals of my locals and the regionals ive played)

turns in early game also take like 2 - 5 minutes and you play best of 3 duels so going into time in this day and age still happens regularly

most people who say it lasts only 2 turns are salty scrubs that always get blown the fuck out against meta because they insist on playing their 51 card meme deck made of cards that seemed op in the anime

people also play other formats like goat control which typically lasts around 15 turns from my experience and turn length usually keeps under 30 seconds(typically much shorter)

Once upon a time I used to play a Royal Magical Library Exodia deck, but I got bored of it quickly because the time required for my first turn (which meant that I either won or lost) while making sure that I don't fuck anything up was enough that my opponent was better off grabbing something to eat, taking a nap, beating all the Tag Force games or learning a new language, rather than just sitting there doing nothing.

The story decks they give you in Legacy are shit as well

He has to fuck her. They've literally already shipped Yuto and Yugo with her respective counterparts.

what ygopro is that?

Yes
Unless you are playing absolute garbage.

Turn 1 is to create unbreakable lock with generic 3-5 negates. Turn 2 is to muscle through said negates with lucky draws, Maxx C, or other non searchable things that give you card advantage. Then if the guy who went second isnt able to break through the wall of negates the turn 1 guy otk's him.

My friend plays Yang Zing Metalfoes while I play Dark Synchro, we might as well just flip a coin to see who wins the games due to whoever goes first winning.

i can't wait for omega to get limited to one just to piss off dark synchros, even though nobody near me even plays them anymore
heck, i had omega ready for when d/d/ds come out, and now i ended up putting a second d'arc in his place since omega is hardly useful
fucking omega man
meanwhile my zombies are sitting in a box crying at how fucking weak they are

ygo pro 2(no I'm not meming, thats what it is called)

Im waiting for it at this point, but even if it does get banned/limited Ill just make 3 void ogres instead and a crystal wing or some other stupid garbage.

In my heart though I just want to play my Fluffals in peaceā€¦

i can only find a download link supposedly on their discord server, how do i get it?

Please tell me those Magicians don't have a chance of becoming meta shit.

Odd-Eyes deserves better than becoming something like Blue-Eyes.

not really sure what you mean by that, blue-eyes aren't particularly meta right now
zoodiacs seem like they're gonna be dominating though

Blue-Eyes were literally meta.

I don't want an underdog like Odd-Eyes ever winding up like he did after Eyes of Blue.

for like two or three weeks at most the last time
before that, they only sort of worked with dragon rulers

What is good support for a Duston deck? I usually like playing Purist with monster cards in a theme deck so I have three of every type, but I'm just trying to think of what supports wouild be good, so far I have Fuh-Rin-Ka-Zan, Hate Buster, and Anti Spell Fragrance, as well as Opti Camouflage armor in case I can pull off Starduston right, what else should I put in there? Or should I just stuff the deck with card counters like Twister, Dark Bribe, and toss in Solemn Authority and One for One like a usual cookie cutter deck?

why, all of it's effects can be found in single cards with lesser requirements

hot damn, this really does look great
automation feels better than ygopro (with minor bugs, like swamp king forcing me to choose a target from the grave when i have options on the field), although all the animations compensate and slow things down a bit
and the animations and UI look so much better than anything konami's ever done
only downside was that installing the thing is a pain
takes an hour to download 4gb worth of images
and for some reason it can't seem to register me/recognize my password, so it's unranked for me

And please tell me there's some fucking music in by default.

I hate that lack the most about YGOPRO.

If they made Pendulum call 3 again they'd probobly be easy (Because of Zarc they'll never let it pass 1 now)
It's not really like that, Odd-eyes support is just a good engine for them since they retain being Pendulum "Magicians" which odd eyes can support plus it's field supports pendulum graph and getting easier access to it's best cards then it's own archetype is another good plus (seriously I've summoned raging dragon turn 1 for OTK's and it gets people salty as fuck because you pretty much just Harpies Raigeki dustered them)
Try the deck it has a lot of spicy plays when you look into the cards and even when you don't you can simply spam level 8 synchros and rank 4's till you win.

Was about to link you where to go but it seems you found it, glad to see you're enjoying it.

YGO pro does but it skips about depending on if you're winning, losing or neutral, I usually mute it and play my own stuff
YGOpro 2 Doesn't have music but sfx.

i take it back, ygopro2 is still unplayable
half the time my opponent is gonna get disconnected, or i'm gonna try to normal summon something and the game will stop doing anything and just wait till i time out

might be meta after Zoodiac gets the boot

What are some cost effecient ways to build decks irl?

I'm wanting to play the game with a friend of mine but don't want to spend a ton of money on a decent deck.

Play D/D/D
A good majority of the deck is available in it's Structure deck "Pendulum Domination" so buying 2-3 of it completes 70-80% of the deck and gives a good amount of needed playsets, and only investing in extra powerful and valuable generic extra deck non D/D/D's will break bank like maybe crystal wing.
D/D/D's make pretty strong opening boards that's only weakness is maybe they can kaiju it, but it's the best you'll get on the cheaper side.

How do I run a low-level deck?

Low level as in level 1/2 or low tier?

Awesome, I'll do that.

Thanks for the help. I was at the point where I was just ordering cards that caught my fancy and before I knew it I was down five bucks for a handful.

3 or lower stars

Rule 0 for saving money in YuGiOh: NEVER BUY PACKS TO GET A CARD YOU WANT

if you cant buy cards online or from your card shop for whatever reason buy the pack with most money cards at the moment in bulk and trade the valuable stuff for the things you want

With "decent" I assume you mean can snagg some wins at local shop tournaments but isn't meta

Pick decks that have had a structure releases at some point or were just released as mostly commons so cards are in great supply

also decks that dont need older foiled cards that have not been reprinted in a while.

Good places to start:
Deskbots - have played before
Lightsworn with Fairytale Snow
Geargia - favourite deck of mine
Pendulum Magicians
U.A.
Felgrand
Burning Abyss
Domain Monarchs - have played before
Superheavy Samurai - have played before
Paleozoic(with out Toadaly Awesome)
Spyral Kaiju
Kaiju Rank 10 Trains | Currently maining Shaddoll Artrifact Trains but all versions of trains play pretty similar with their own ups and downs
Volcanic Rank 10 Trains |

here is a sample Geargia list

Try to do these.
Phantom knights + Ghost trick (Stun focused + Rank up support )
Skull Servant + Phantom Knights (swarm focused + Rank up support)
Skull servant + Ghost trick (Mix)
(most likely skull servant + since they mill most their cards to get to their big daddy leaving room for the other archetype room to make it's plays)
These give you access to possible rank 1's and 3's (2's if you're planning phantom knights with traps)
Other cards of value would be (mostly from the synchro side).
one for one (obviously)
Glow up blub (easy level 2 and clear one for one target)
Jet-synchron (A weaker glow up blub you can run 3 off)
Junk Synchron (A level 3 tuner who recovers level 2 or lower monsters, easy synchro plays)
Formula Synchron (Synchro a skull servant with glow up bulb to get that hand bound skull servant in the grave and draw a card)
Tatsunoko (Can synchro with a card from your hand for an easy level 5 - 8)
D.Hero Malicious (can XYZ rank 6 Beatrice to get cards you need in the grave, foolish it to special summon it to synchro with Formula after drawing to make PSY-framelord omega who'll recover your banished cards since you'll banish a lot)
PSY-Framelord Omega (Weaken their hand)
Trishula of the ice barrier (Because it's bound to happen when you can set up a level 6 + 2 in a deck full of level 1's)
Armageddon knight. (D.hero in the grave for set up, Skulls in the grave for set up, Phantom Knights in the grave for set up, if you run him, run 3, he's like a mass foolish)
Allure of darkness, most your stuff is dark and you could use the extra draw power to remove that bricky monster (bring it back with omega later).

Do you get random shitty cards or what?

just got this deck for 18 bucks, seeing as you guys seem pretty savvy with this sort of thing is there anything I should add?

nah, they were cards I wanted, I just haven't played the game in years and really don't know how to build a deck or be competitive any more.

most importantly, find swirl/necro slimes, those are your other way of making fusions
then find flame king genghis, that's your second armageddon

also, if it's not obvious, you need a third lamia/ragnarok/keppler/gate

gotcha, I'll start looking around, thanks

I guess as a last question, I'm using ebay at the moment. Is there a better place to get cards from or is this basically the way to go?

in eu i use en.yugiohcardmarket.eu
no clue for the US
also, it's easiest to find a facebook trade group
i'm in bulgaria and here we've got like 60 or so people playing competitively, so everyone knows everyone and if someone gets cheated on a trade, we know

What about Mokey Mokey and Human-Wave Tactics?

Im not an expert on ddd but heres the basic things Id do to this

get one more copy of following:
DDD Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarock
DD Lamia
DD Savant Kepler
DD Savant Copernicus
Dark Contract with the Gate
DDD Gust King Alexander
DDD Duo-Dawn King Kali Yuga
DDD Oracle King D'arc
Number 24: Dragulas the vampiric Dragon
Beatrice the Eternal Lady
Book of Moon
Raigeki (very pricy)
Formula Synchron
T.G. Hyper Librarian
Number 38: Titanic Galaxy Destroyer(pricy)
Crystalwing Synchro Dragon(VERY VERY pricy)

Budget options for Chrystalwing and Number 38:
Number 23: Lancelot, Dark King of the Underworld
Crystron Phoenix
Dark Hole

Get two more of:
Allure of Darkness
DD Savant Thomas
Maxx "C" (pricy)

Maxx "C" has no real budget option but my advice would be running an extra Dark Hole and Upstart Goblin or running two Armageddon Knights

Get 3 off
DDD Flame King Genghis
Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit
DD Necro Slime
DD Swirl Slime

Cards to be reduced by 1:
Dark Contract with the Swamp King
Dark Contract with the Witch
DD Orthros
DDD Cursed King Siegfried
DDD Dragonbane King Beowulf

DD Savant Kepler is good at 2

Any card I did not mention don't bother with

Final result should look like the pic if you go with the budget "options"

tcg player for USA

also forgot to mention some cards
get one Vanity's Emptiness and two Night Beam

replied to wrong post

perfect, thanks a lot

I really appreciate the run down, went ahead and screencapped the list so I can mark things off as I go.

So at the moment, if I were to play a couple of friends(don't know how good they are) would I at least have an alright time with the deck I have now?

60 card decks are for the most part awful

for now, remove all traps except Dark Contract with the Witch

remove Emergency Provisions, Forbidden Dark Contract with the Swamp King, DD Savant Galilei, Dark Contract with the Yamakai, and dark eruption

dont know what spell card Wave King Caesar is covering

also did you get these trough buying two structure decks? because if you did I could make a deck list you could use right now

what you've got right now works perfect for friendly duels
if you want to go further, you need to get rid of the pendulum themed cards though

I love how they call the structure deck "Pendulum Domination" but only 4 of the pendulum monsters are good

only keppler, ragnarok and copernicus are actually useful
orthos is a cheap version of scrap dragon that isn't worth running
in a deck that focuses on lv 7 monsters + lv 1 tuners, yeah, real great
caesar isn't worth running extra cards

how is a searchable out to vanity's emptiness not worth running?

are we talking about the same card?
this is d/d scrap dragon

oh wait, i misread that
nigger, just side twin twisters, quick play>searchable continuous card that gets killed by MST

nah, somebody put together that deck on ebay and I figured that had most of the cards I wanted, such as the Lamias, and thanks for the tips. I'll do like you said.

Cool, my friend has the Masked Hero deck so it'll be interesting to see how this holds up.

either stop him from using mask change, or summon something powerful before he summons dark law, and you should be fine
but if he summons dark law, you're kind of fucked

I'll keep that in mind, and hopefully one of those cards is able to stop mask change

well siegfried can negate mask change

How? Can you play against legit versions?

Yes you can, it seems like they have shoddy copy protection.

there was a card posted a few threads back that looked like a huge black monster in the desert/wasteland. I also believe the monster had some spikes.

The card looked pretty cool and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Can anyone pinpoint it?

Can one of you faggots who owns Tag Force Special please upload the third DM duel OST in a good sound quality?

It's pain hearing such a great piece of battle music so quiet and inadequately ripped otherwise.

I googled Tag Force Special OST and I got this soundcloud.com/rockmn-zero/yu-gi-oh-arc-v-tag-force-special-ost-dm-sound-duel-03 You can try it yourself!

Anyone?

Thanks.

Fuck, it was this one.

I don't see anything else on the site.

i'm calling it now, worm venom turbo is gonna be the 2017 meta deck, especially if everyone is dumb enough to use a nearly unkillable blue eyes ritual as an xyz material

Does this count as shilling for shilling negro?

By the way, the topic is the new point system for qualifications for worlds.

i'm ok with the new system, it's not like i've ever qualified for worlds anyways, it can't get worse

its not shilling if it is actually worth knowing about

Is the 3ds game any good?

I'm enjoying that new mobile version, how bad is it?

Duel Links is shit and desperately needs an overhaul to be a proper Yugioh game.

I just want my fucking mobile YGOPRO to have music.

Play some yourself, nigger. Hell download the OST of some of the games if you want to have YGO music.

I'd like a full field to play with and to let me go back into main phase after battle to lay cards down for next turn. The lines that the characters say are amusing at least.

What's wrong with it exactly?

I do like the presentation, surprised they actually got the voice actors to do it. Music is nice too.

Nothing, if you don't mind a smaller version of the game with shit AI and grinding.

so who else here is teamnozoo?

Just play draft.

is the game worth getting into competitively? im talking irl buying actual cards and maybe winning at locals/regionals etc.

I'd like to know cause yugioh is like the only cheap game i can see playing atm since my card shop I used to attend went out of business.

There is a regular thread in which people talk about the same game. Would they think it is worth playing the game? Who the fuck knows?
Play it online and decide for yourself if you like the game or not. Not sure how you decided it is cheap, though. Cheaper than something else?

its cheaper than Magic, pokemon, and weiss

which i have all played at some point, but yeah i get where you're coming from thanks for the input.

Mokey mokey human wave tactics is it's own more out of date engine, it's very weak to removal.
If you want to try using it, think of it as a 4th option that you could merge with one of the other 3.

its pretty cheap at a locals level since most people dont play meta there

but right now theres only one good meta deck that costs like 500$+ for all the engine pieces only

we had a really nice form,at a year ago were you could buy 3 copies of a structure deck and you would have all the cards you needed for your tournament ready main deck (you did not even need an extra deck)

I think your best budget option for competing at regionals would be Domain Monarchs(cheap as dirt deck mentioned above) or Kozmo(relatively inexpensive), but expect an uphill battle

It is true I don't know how much they cost, but the top decks are usually over 500 dollars, often even over 700. That said you can make some cheaper ones that you still will be able to play with and win at your locals, but it wouldn't be going full blown "competitive."

was considering skull servants or D/D/D kozmo was one my friend told me about. Other ones i heard of are Dark Magician, Dark magician girl, Toons, and Synchro turn one deck.

for locals, sure, best option is to get 3 structure decks and make a deck from them, then just save up for boss monster shit
for actual competitive, you'd need to also get shit staples that cost like 70 euro
fuck dimensional barrier

DDD isnt good this format because of all the traps but Skull Servants can be pretty meme with a card that just got released called That Grass Looks Greener and they are immune to dimensional barrier, the best trap card right now that is played at 3 in most decks

monarchs are shit since the last banlist
kozmos work fine though, dank destroyer probably went down in price ages ago

d/d/ds work great, you can get all the shit for cheap and have an alright fusion spamming deck, after which you can eventually buy shit and turn it into a crystal wing/number 38 themed deck
skull servant+lightsworn works nicely too, you can get both of their cores relatively cheap
also if you're looking for something fun, you can get shiranuis+zombies. they're not too powerful but they have some fun tech, and they're relatively cheap (aside from omega and crystal wing)

ddds are still strong, their side deck can usually deal with everything, if they're lucky enough to live to use it

I'm excited for mine to get here.

Also, are there any good builds for ritual decks? I used to think ritual monsters were the coolest things back in the day.

gishkis were alright but not powerful in the current meta
nekroz might still have been good a meta or two ago, but most powerful shit right now isn't extra deck related
cyber angels and herald of perfection decks are probably the best rituals have to offer right now
there's also shinobarons, no idea what they do

Eh, I'm okay with a bit of grind in my mobile games. I don't spend a whole lot of time on it anyway, mostly just when I'm on a train or something when I've forgotten all my other shit.

The multiplayer is kinda fun.

I'd say full power nekroz would still be meta since it's still pumped out big monsters with mass banishing effects consistently at least 3 a turn and had good protection with the synchro herald in the grave which would get their fast as a cost due to it being able to take extra deck monsters for their cost.
Problem with it was they limited most of the archetype and killing shrit killing it's power and consistency.
Nekroz for it's 9 month rampage made so many formats a Nekroz only club and sets worthless because none of them were Nekroz.
Also never forget how many previously eh ritual support cards got limited or banned by the end of their reign.

yeah, after playing some Tag Force Special it's crazy just how much the game has changed. I can imagine what was considered strong back in the day doesn't do much now. I'll check those out though, thanks.

oh i forgot to mention the black luster soldier support, but it's kind of shit

Shinobirds right now have 3 effect monsters(all of them level 4) and 2 rituals.
They have basicly no support from the small monsters. I like Baron and Baroness but the deck has zero synergy. I see potential but it is still to early to say if they will be good or not. Assuming they get more suport, if the are like the burds we currently have, I don't think they will go far. They things made to suport, facilitate and protect Baron and Baroness, a Shrit clone would be nice too.

How am I supposed to do that? I hear all this shit about how I'd have to somehow safely decompile the app then find some particular place to stick the audio file before putting back together reinstalling.

I can't see this not fucking up as much as I want to try it.

Is it laughed at to try and go back a few sets/series due to nostalgia?

Bleh

If you don't run kaiju you lose: The Format the book the movie the show the manga the stage play the audiobook the radio show the the card game.

This format is fucking retarded. I'm not bothering playing again until the next format.

i bought a single gamaciel for my ddd side deck to deal with shit like dark planet or the blue eyes ritual
kaijus are a blessing

I don't even think Molmorat could save this.

there's absolutely no theory behind this except, it says something about level 1 on the card so ill use it regardless

are you 10? because this is what my decks looked like back then

am i understanding this right
pendulum summon synchro/xyz/fusions? monsters?
beyondtheduel.com/vjmp-spoilers-new-field-update/

no, unless you have a link monster, you can only summon 1 extra deck monster. in the extra monster zone to be precise

I like the blue tho

wait, doesn't that completely fuck up any deck that use the extra deck without link monsters?

yup, its a hard reset of the game. I would also expect decks that dont need the extra deck like Kozmo and Nekroz the spike in price so get yours now

I unironically think Kozmo will be the best deck after Code of the Duelist hits, unless they just give us some broken shit in that set

i waited 2 years for d/d/ds to finally come out and they do bullshit like this
now my gem-knights are even deader than before
oh well, at least now i have a reason to finish my ninja/venom decks

dont worry, I bet my left nut they will have Arc-V format tournaments at ARG and CCG events

this is just to drastic of a change to get everyone on board right away

I get that the nerfs were necessary overall, but you gotta admit that this is the worst way to go about it.

So what are you all planing on playing after Code of the Duelist drops? I'm going to play Deskbots

ninjas, especially if i can find a white dragon ninja and some duplications
otherwise, i can always run a shitty venom stall deck

or play a real ccg, mtg, with cockatrice like a non plebian

In all honesty?

Rhongomyniad all day every day.

Either that or just go skull servants and give no shits about the extra deck.

Holy fucking Christ. I never bitched much about new cards, but this is basically a different game now. I am anxious about it. Especially the fact that the players will have to fight to get the two extra monster zone seems ridiculous to me. I would have been probably a lot more okay with it if this wasn't a thing.
The idea I will not be able to play with the old rules outside of old games sucks too.

Yes, there are two changes that effect Pendulum, but you can still summon a lot of them in one turn. Both to your normal zone and extra zone.

This made me think about GX decks. I wonder if Crystal Beasts would somehow be viable. How would Gladiator Beasts even work? You only summon their fusion in the extra or linked zone? Man, hell of a weird times are upon us.

Why would they ever do this? This fundamentally changes the fucking game.

so that less people complain about omega and crystal wing
now here's a question - if a pendulum monster is in the extra deck and gets summoned, does he go to the extra deck monster zone or the main deck monster zone ?

I get the extra monster zone thing, but what's with these link monsters?

Pendulums from the hand go to the normal zone, pendulums from the extra deck go to the extra or linked zones. It seems like the obvious solution considering the new rules. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a Pendulum nerf.

The make two of your normal zones and one of the opponent's accessible for extra deck monsters. At least this is what the picture implies.

B-but muh Masked HERO deck!

Wait, how many extra zones are there?

Two. Nigga, did you even open the site?

two, one for each
and i think either depending on the link monster or on some rule you get a certain amount of zones in the main deck monster zone to use for the remaining extra deck monsters
and apparently an extra deck monster summoned from the grave goes in the main deck monster zone

So link monster expand the extra zones to your main zones? I thought they would get the other player extra zone.

Man, this really changes the game entirely.

essentially i just feel like it's pendulums all over again, but this time they're pretty much forcing you to run them

What? It is completely different from Pendulum. It slows the game a lot. Now the goal will be to summon a Link monster as fast as possible so you can summon anything else. Chances are will see a lot more Yosenju-like decks too and a lot more main deck boss monsters. You can't any more spam the field with extra deck monsters.
I am not even completely sure if you can use both extra zones. The texted implied that after getting one of them the other one becomes the opponents. Which might mean you can't have more than 3 extra deck monsters, with one of them being linked, without a linked monster from the opponent that gives you another extra linked zone. Linked monsters might have different links too, so position of the cards itself within the normal zones will become part of the strategy.
And in that link it doesn't even say yet how Linked monsters are going to be even be summoned? Are the old extra deck types just going to start having linked versions or is it going to be something new on its own?
Yu-Gi-Oh! will never be the same.

my point being that they're gonna tried to force people to run pendulums by making them insanely broken on release
now this shit has to be run because your old deck doesn't work without it

I don't know. It's not like they force you to use links, it kinda forces you to approach new strategies that aren't as focused on spamming the field with extra deck summons.

Maybe their idea was to force people to adapt to new tatics that aren't as focused on the extra deck, instead of forcing everyone to try and rush link monsters. But knowing Konami, it was probably the latterā€¦

Why are you lying? If you didn't play back then just don't pretend you did. Pendulums were extremely week for almost a whole year until Qli came around as the first really strong Pendulums decks. For a while the meta was dominated by completely non-Pendulum decks. The whole generation has been very diverse in decks. A lot of old decks might get a chance to be strong again or at least something new similar to their play style.

You are not forced, but having only one extra deck monster on the field will hurt. Though that is depending on how much of a boss monster that monster is. What will see is probably exactly that - some new decks will be centred around summoning on extra deck monster. That said still summoning a link monster to unlock to linked zones will probably be the more dominative strategy. Or at least this what you would think, bust just like during Pendulums we might see a big variety of decks, which would be great for the game.

Oh and let's not forget that is going to secretly be the ritual generation.

Does this mean that my Spirit Herald of Perfection meme deck will be viable again?

ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

Here is more info about link monsters too. We have all the info.

Why the fuck not?
We will have to see what is there going yo be in the first pack.

I hope so, I still can't forget the face of the guy who saw that I had Gyakutenno Megami in my deck in 2015.

So yes, position will become extreme important! You can summon a link monster and unlock 1 or more zones in the main one. Then you can play another link monster that has links on the left or/and right and unlock other zones.

Damn, it might change the game a lot, but it is actually starting to look somewhat interesting. I just only hope for more balance and variety of decks. Shouldn't be that hard to program in YGOPro either.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Breakoff_Trap_Hole

If Traptrix are viable in summoning Link Monsters, this is gonna be a very painful card to deal with.

I like how it can be used offensively as well when you summon a Link monster

does anyone know if Starlight Road can be chained to this and if Stardust Dragon could then be summoned in a normal monster zone because it is not a Synchro summon?

God fucking dammed. Already started with bullshit traps.

My guess is not. As far as I understand the rules all summonings from the extra deck must be in the extra zone or linked zone. And from there that summoning it back from the graveyard you can only then in a normal main zone.

Can I make a viable Skull Servant deck?

The Link System made me think about something else. It is likely that during 5D's time they were considering to make the game have speed spells and speed counters, but gave up on it. Also at some point the might have considered making the Numbers monsters destroyable only by other Numbers monsters as well. But gave up on both to not change the game too drastically.
On the other hand what will happen if there is a next generation? Will the Link System be scrapped and we will go back to normal, will it continued to be used or something completely new will be made. I have to wonder if with Vrains Konami might be thinking of another DM level of marketing around the world. I definitely haven't heard anything about Yu-Gi-Oh! being broadcasted again in my country. It hasn't been since the end of the first 50 episodes of 5D's.

Link monsters could've easily been a more complex version of the Column mechanic (Which for some reason Konami completely ignores, the Shogi monsters in the ZEXAL Manga used them but not in the actual card game) and have had the Link monster/Extra Zone thing be a anime only thing, but the fact they're not making it anime only makes this change all the more jarring.

Especially since they admitted themselves that Senet was a broken mechanic and that nobody was playing it.

yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=4270

So they can't do anything right. Gotcha.

It's not that it's broken per se, it's just that people didn't give a shit.

Yeah, sorry. Not broken as in "This Malmorat loop is so broken", broken as in "Don't go down those stairs, they're broken".

Sweet trips.

Come on, that is not fair. One is based around movement, which would have been absurd to think it would work with how the game is. The other is not only basing a lot of the game around it from now on, it is about where you deploy your cards, no need to move them. If you have things like that in another card games. Actually I have to say that this change is very Japanese card game in nature with how some of the other games work.

What's better, I don't remember any Yu-Gi-Oh! vidya post-Cyberdark Impact which had manual positioning of cards as the default, many of them didn't even have the feature to do so anyway.

Mis clicked and posted mug image without typing, honestly this mechanic is very bad.
Pretty much a lot decks become dead because without zones they wont even be able play the cards needed to make plays since they could rely on combing weaker stuff to make their monsters and I can bet you none of these cards will have generic synergy or meld even slightly with old cards.
It's like when banned a lot of old topping stuff around the start of synchro era to budge people into trying it before they made more.

Stardust accelerator had it under an options menu, which slowed down the game every time you wanted to move things because of destiny board or whatever.

Also, suddenly pendulum zones are just spell and trap cards now. RIP Metalfoes, Rip Synchro laddering, Fluffals fusion, Embodiment of crime and punishment, or any single deck that used multiple extra deck monsters aside from maybe Zoodiacs.

Really makes you think

except now it's the entire mechanic killing the play instead of a simple ban list where the potential to return was there

Splashing a few generic link cards wont be too hard, its just slows cancerous shit like zoodiacs. Plus your opponents link cards can give you extra monster zones to balance out all the really good ones

How many generic link cards do you actually think there'll be?

How many of those do you think are gonna be worth playing?

The game has been getting bloated anyway. Some new restriction if combined with nicely thought out new cards won't be the end of the world. With new cards coming out the old summoning methods will be utilized too.

Because emergency banning cards like Rat is so hard?

Fucking hell. For once I start with a negative opinion about changes, because it is not just adding new stuff, but the more people act like stupid retards the more okay I become with it.

It's not about them, themselves, it's about them clearly killing most older even by a couple weeks decks that required any sort of comboing from the extra deck to make it's basic plays without adding cards without any synergy killing the deck by quite a considerable amount.
So you're being contrarian for the sake of it? Ok cool dude.

You're the type of faggot who vowed to main Lucky Chloe in the newest Tekken because it'll make people butthurt without realizing that she's fucking shit-tier and they'll end up dropping her after a week.

No it is very relevant, because your argument is on the level of "I can't summon monsters in my opponent's turn how imbalanced!"
People have been bitching about "muh old cards" and "everything is too fast now" since the game exists. It is like you fags can't realize that they are business and making their new product sale is always a priority. Konami has plenty of things that has done wrong, but the complaining and whining is always about your personal shit not working any more instead more than anything else, which has nothing to do with the quality of work Konami does.

Here's the thing, first turn advantage is a very VERY real thing. And this mechanic actually makes it much more blatant, if you summon two extra deck monsters on your first turn, your opponent ain't getting them unless they can destroy them.

Wrong.

You physically can't summon two extra deck monsters without one being removed for the other.

You can use only one of the extra zones for yourself, nigger.

There are two extra monster zones actually, but the obvious restriction is still there.

Once you're using one, the other one belongs to your opponent and you cannot play in it.

And the moment someone chooses one the other one becomes his opponent's.

Wait, really? I guess the new mechanic isn't as shit as I thought it would be.

Yes really. It was said in the first link, even though not everything was fully explained there. Check the second one for better explained stuff Stop jumping the gun and wait for the first of the new cards to at least come out. You will be able to play as you please until then anyway.

Credit where it's due, this has clearly been set up to solve the whole "Are extra deck cards boss monsters or just a toolbox." debate that's been going round, by stamping it's feet and declaring them all to be boss monsters or a way to get to boss monsters.

Still seems like a shame that the whole "Synching for Synching to Syching" style of play that first got me into the game has been totally lost now, but that there's a bigger focus on card and player interactivity making duels more interesting then a Fluffals vs Flower Cardians matchup. The very first effect monster they reveal with this mechanic can already use your opponent's monsters to negate your opponent's card effects, think about what that means for the game later down the line, like said.

How is it that, what deck outside of some trishula formula synchron meme does that?
I compared it to being similar to when they banned a lot of topping GX era stuff to make way for early synchro's except here decks that suffered this over time got their toys back to return as rouge decks, now everything pre link that isn't graced with support might as well burn their cards due to never again being able to play them because now the mechanic renders them dead.
Yeah because archtypes got eventually power creeped out, not mechanically killed
Except other companies that do this they offer events and formats where you can still use older stuff, MTG in fact has over 20.
I'm not whining about my personal shit though, I'm making the point it out modes so much before even if they literally a set before.
The only one whining is you going on swearing at people for bringing up how big the change is on any sort of previous change.

Artifacts and Paleozoics and Formula Synchron say hi

Paleozoeics with that one 5 chain = draw 2 set up might be relavent now because you could effectively still swarm with draw power keeping a safe board.
Artifacts will still do their thing, probobly even stronger now because you can summon a 2.1K beater while locking off their extra even with the zones.
Formula might be dead.

Zarc magicians in other news may become real niggas since they can summon one boss monster with 4 kinds of protection on them at any time. due to 2 pendulums, a spell and trap to protect them + removal and one also protects scales.
So that one guy who was worried about Zarc magicians earlier in the thread taking their odd-eye's dragon from them, I'm sorry they might be now.

this was for you

The boss monster thing as I said before does seem like it is pushing the game in a possible interesting place, a place a lot of old and whining fans should actually be pleased about.
That said the maximum Link seems to be 8, though really only 6 at most should be usable and with 3 of them being for the opponent. Maybe we will even get Links up to 12, even without having 12 links. Thing is we will get some Pokemon-like stuff later where people will be releasing once or twice every turn a Link monster to summon a higher Link monster or something like that. It is at least a very likely possibility.

No one is stopping you, nigger. In fact people do it all the time, especially online. Stop crying about the cards you played 17 fucking years ago. Go play some of the old games and shut up. I don't understand what you want. Mass banning? Making even crazier effects, which we probably are up to a level anyway? How the old card die is irrelevant. They have to die. The summoning methods itself are still going to be a thing, though. If anything the diversification of the extra deck is only going up. It all depends on their execution, which we still have to see. So shut the fuck up and sit on your ass. Come back bitching in a year. Until then play old formats with friends or online as much as you want.

Are you now going to start disproving yourself by thinking of old decks that still could work or even have some advantages?
Again, implying rituals and Monarchs won't be the real meta. What more could you want?

I already went on about any combo focused deck requiring the extra gets majorly hit for plays.
All I can see is more archatype exclusive stuff over tool box which is a yes and no to this.
There you go again swearing while making your point, you sound angry man, trying to have a dialogue here.
I've always played the newest format but when before an old format would be able to return as rouge status here it's returns more dead then a skull servant.
No, you're not reading, I said this kills decks that required any kind of comboing from the extra deck, the 3 decks I described don't require this to make their plays and set ups.
My Nigga Stratos being free :^)

Paleozoics have been relevant for a long time with frog engine, and this could be considered a nerf for them since they can't go Anomalacris plus Awesome plus Utopic Future like they could before.

Artifacts can still be fun and competetive but suffer too, with Vajra plays being a little bit nerfed. Maybe they can go back to hanging with traptrixes with their new trap hole.

What is it?

yes

Doesn't this link shit kills the Synchro? How will I summon my already hard to summon and easy to kill Quazar, Sfir or Blazer dragons now?

Necroid synchro
Maybe that fancy 30500 stardust combo still works

If you summon a link monster, destroy all other linked monsters on the field.

I'd give you a link but i'm layzee.

Get of the internet if you don't like bad words.
Did you just say "nigga"? How racist. What a douche bag!@

Except Link monsters are extra deck monsters and you don't have to use anything new to summon them. Doing something like summoning one or two link monsters and then something else will quickly become the norm. It is still "comboing", just not necessarily the old stuff.

see

Not the first turn, but nothing stops them summoning for example an Awesome in the extra zone and then using its effect to fuck it off the field so you can summon a link next turn and another awesome and something else.

That works but I won't get their effects. I feel like this doesn't helps shittier summoning methods like Fusion or Synchro, it just makes them worse.

They are not shitty when a new archtype is done with the idea of them not being shitty. We saw plenty of during the last 3 years.

Oh no, I'm a raycis't just like that ebil nazi pewd dye pee.
Again as much as I see this making zarc magicians some of the hardest level 4's and rank 4/level 8 synchro's in existence to beat on I feel it's too big a sweep in killing others.
Danke my man

I suppose you are right, I still feel like older synchro archetypes or even the newer one (Chryston) will be affected more than others, except maybe fusion. I guess, only time will tell.

Also inb4 Linked monsters that require a tuner or polymerization or a Fusion or synchro or an XYZ or a Pendulum or a ritual or a Pendulum. Or one Fusion, One Synchro, One XYZ and one Pendulum. Linking them all.

kings synchro

I suppose it is a choice. Although, it is hard to imagine they will have something that can get past their 4000 body but it is better than nothing.

Z-Arc please

Example field if you have any basic first turn plays with current card knowledge before more links come out.

Extra zone*

The pendulum zones are wrong too. No graveyard or field zone too.
I don't think we know more than one link monster anyway. I wonder though if a Link 1 monster is going to exist. Would it require just one monster too summon or what?

fixing, about a link one I assume one that cheap would either put you at a disadvantage or only allow a certain attribute or type.

Putting you at a disadvantage, which I guess you mean giving the opponent a link instead of you, would not only be pointless but actively block you from summoning anything else. That said the Link 1 monster itself could be used to summon a higher link, which would also be pointless in most cases, except if the Link monster you are trying to summon doesn't require a Link. We will probably get something weird at some point, but I would almost bet on either not getting a Link 1 on with the first pack.

welp, looks like this is gonna be the year of the ojamas

Nigga, what are you doing? There are only 5 magic/spell/pendulum zones. The two pendulum zones are spell zones until a pendulum card is played on them.

Well damn, we should have thought of this.

wait are those other 2 zones meant to be the deck and extra then

Yes. Nigga, did you even read the articles?

Yes

Yeah, the parts about what links meant and the changes to pendulum zones, but making the grid I just eye balled it off the image

But if you read it you wouldn't need to look at the picture to know how many spell zones there are.

You didn't read the card properly, nigga.

my mind first saw the zones past the pendulum and interpreted them first being layed out to the middle left or right, then I looked at the image again to see them next to more zones past them equally distanced from them
This isn't Cubix.

What the fuck. The YGOPro discord has over 6k people.

They always do generic shit, how new are you to this game? fuck the main character shit for the past 2 series has been generic and the monster we have been shown here is generic so what the fuck are you actually talking about?
Its not just zoodiacs its all decks like zoodiacs will get slowed anything that floods the field with shit with minimal skill.
Giving your opponent anything is a bad thing, it always been, depending on the deck your opponent can easily get out something that will ruin you.

Only if low power high scale reaching pendulums makes up a majority of the deck but it's no where near splash able enough in it's card type to be generic. it's too high level and too wack a scale to solidly use without a deck that can't always summon it or ensure the correct scale on effect next turn.
Utopia sure. any 2 level 4's

can always summon it*

What are you talking about? Odd-Eyes was used a lot especially in the beginning, because it was that one generic card that could search other Pendulums. If anything Utopia was very pointless until the later Utopian versions didn't come, but it was still put in decks anyway.

Cause you need to be in the discord to actually get on ygopro, and if you're already on, leaving it is a bit of a bother so people just don't.

Because it was the boss monster of a deck made for it of course it was used a lot.
The instant actual archetype support for pendulum monsters was made it was tossed in the trash for anything but pendulum magicians and performapal/mages.

qliphorts used it

The site works just fine ygopro.it/web/

Would you stop posting smug images and talking as if you are the super pro that knows everything when you clearly didn't even play back then? I myself don't play half the time, but at least I try not to be pretending to be aware of what was going on at every point in the game.

they didn't have an in archetype searcher past scout which odd-eyes searched and Qliphort scout thanks to scouts attack being 1000, also Qliphorts as an archtype were also level 5-10 (9 if you count out towers) so it being scale 4 wasn't actually a deal breaker either.

Constantly swearing down at people is fine but post an animu and oh boi. :^)

Am I the only one that is highly optimistic about Link Summoning?

I can't wait for this shit to hit YGOPRO

Those poor devs at ygopro though, I can see adding a mechanic like this being a pain.

The problem is not the smug, but being smug and having hot opinions while being wrong and lacking in information so often. Though this attitude and things like "boi" and ":^)" is very typical for a meme /dng/ poster. Did "swearing" words like "fuck" become a bannable offensive on halfchan that you bitch about it too? How new are you on either sites?

I am getting more and more optimistic the more people sperg about it.

Should actually be fairly ease. As long as their code is not complete crap. That said they are using unity for YGOPro 2, so chances might not be on their side.

i'm somewhat glad that it will bring back older archetypes
but it still annoys me how much they're killing the current decks
TWO YEARS FOR THOSE D/D/DS TO COME OUT
AND THEY FUCKING LIMIT THE EXTRA DECK MONSTERS
now i actually have to play the deck like it's in the anime

atleast i have a reason to run shit decks now

How new are you on either sites?
I've been on on Holla Forums long enough to have been pic related in that one thread. I'll love you if you know the one

It's all .lua so take that as you will

Soā€¦ I've made a stall deck today.

I'm feeling kinda bad that all my wins right now have been from people rage quitting instead of meeting my win condition.

because people just want to have fun, they dont give a damn if they give the win to some boring stall deck

play in rank if you dont want people to quit

I'm having fun :^)

pick one you fucking faggot

I'm having fun, I just wish people would last longer.

as I said, play ranked
retards will torture themselves trough my D.D. deck there

for what reason
even with all the life points, it just feels like a waste of a normal summon
helios is a waste of space unless you're trying to bring out the other versions of it
where's gren maju da eiza, that's like helios but actually good

helios is just there to swarm the field easier

and you wont believe how many people refuse to use their dimondire/castel on krebons, it is also a mask change II, allure, e-tele, and rank 2 target

maju eiza is kinda dead also if you dont draw desires and I cant do anything with it except tributing it so it has to few usages

So as long I have a Link Monster out on the field, I can continue to use my Extra Deck as normal?

I hope this completely ass destroys faggots and their most cancerous shit.

Has the censorship situation gotten any better?

hopefully the people localizing the cards aren't the same ones ruining everything else.

only in the zone that they link to

Depends on the Link monster, in you can see that the Link monster unlocked 2 main monster zones on your side of the field to be used for Extra deck monsters and it unlocked one zone for the opponent to use an Extra deck monster in that one.

So this is the gist of Link Monsters:
You declare in M1 or M2 that you wish to Link Summon a Link Monster from ExDeck.
You sacrifice x number of monsters, x being the Link Monster's Link Number, which is found where the DEF points would be, and Link Monsters have no DEF because of this.

You then summon the Link Monster.

And if I'm reading this right, though I'm likely not, you can use a summoned Link Monster as a material for another Link Summon, and it gets it's Link Number counted, so you culd summon a Link 6 with 3 monsters and a Link 3.

Is that right? Or is it more than just monsters? Are there Link Spells?

how this shit work in greater detail

You are right. No Link Spells and I have no idea why you would think so. But also look at Decode Talker. He has a requirement for the monsters you must use to summon him - they have to be all effect monsters, including the Link monster if you use one to summon him.

Wait, what's all this shit about which zone you're placed in?
I get the Extra Monster Zone, that's neutral until you SS into it, then it's your, but is it yours until the end of duel?

All this translated Jap confuses me.

After looking this shit over thoroughly even Konami is going to be forced to make compromises even if it's just 3 Extra Monster Zones for each player without Links and using all 3 at once renders you unable to use Main Monster Zones.

This is literally not going to be embraced by the majority of fans. It's too severe of a change to a game best known for its crazy combos and unique summoning powers with their own complimentary lore at this point.

ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/ the better article about it
My guess is yes. The other one becomes automatically your opponent's even if he hasn't put anything yet. What I am not sure about is if both extra zones are not used if you can summon in whichever you choose or your old one is still the one you have to use. So far from the articles it seems like you are stuck with the one you got after the first extra deck summon.

If Link monsters get the lore of being something to keep everything in check, it would make perfect sense.

If VRAINS doesn't have a "Link Monsters cannot change into Defence positions" scene they're pretty much doing it all wrong.

Why does YGOpro have better sound design than most games despite using only stock sounds

Still literally a horrendous "Fuck you" to basically every major card and archetype released all the way since GX introduced Elemental Heroes.

There has to be some kind of compromise on even just 2 Fusions, Synchros or Xyzs allowed without Links or the game is literally going to split in a way Konami won't like at all. Just like fans of Melee are still rebelling against Sakurai fans of everything up to Vrains would outright refuse to play by the new rules and continue holding tournaments as they are.

No.

At least embed related gave me a chuckle.

so since the apocalypse is coming, i built ninjas today
most important issue is that i'm missing a third upstart golden ninja, and i have absolutely no white dragon ninjas or duplications
i might order them if the deck keeps working out
i tried pic related today, went 2-1
lost to ritual beasts 1-2, i still don't know why people stopped playing them, they work way too well
beat generic odd-eyes deck 2-0, kid partly didn't know how some of his effects worked
beat blue-eyes 2-1, kid didn't know some rules (like that you can't play quick play spells from your hand during your opponent's turn) but he still played the deck right. my main issue was getting over chaos max, my only real way to kill him is excalibur. first duel i beat him because dark law somehow managed to get rid of chaos max every time he was added to the hand. lost second duel because i couldn't really bring out anything powerful. won third duel because i nearly otk'd him with blade armour and another monster, and next turn i cowboy'd him even though he had an unkillable field
so now i also managed to find 2 dark simorghs and the ninjitsu art for it, gonna have to test with that instead of the super transformation. i might also add double summon in here in order to make shogun easier to summon. wish i had more traps
and in the meanwhile, i'm starting to build skull servants since i've already got 2 wightmares which is the priciest card they've got. so far the main issue is that i can't find any whightprinces, gonna have to order those too

Where the fuck can I download ygo pro?
Can someone upload this shit to a pomf clone or anywhere that's not shit?

i think you're supposed to download it from the discord channel
if that doesn't work, look for ygopro2, that one's also on a discord channel (but it takes longer since you need to download 4gb worth of images)

ygopro.it/web/ you stupid niggers. Register and you will get the links.

The salvation servers ygopro.us/ already seem to have implemented the Link System.

Wait, this shit has gone full manual? That explains it.

change.org/p/konami-petition-against-konami-s-new-yugioh-rules-link-summoning?recruiter=614388149&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Pathetic.

when will zoodiacs die?

as someone who waited years for d/d/ds to come out, i still feel like link summoning is a necessary evil
fuck the extra deck nigga, i wanna see ojamas and skull servants dominate the meta

also, apparently people don't know what power creep means

Soon.

W-what about my Spirit Herald of Perfection meme deck?

its kinda like when people said pot of desires was a -9

how else are you gonna summon this bad boy?

why does everyone think this card is good all the sudden, don't you people realise how much generic removal we got in this game?

the fat fuck wont stay on the field to make a difference

you underestimate ojamas too much
they still have the raccoon xyz
multiple revival/swarm spells
disruptive mechanics

Ojama King himself is an effect monster, looks like you've been outplayed and outskilled, Manjoume Thunder

you can still win without using his effect
just summoning him while having ojama country on the field gives you a 3k beater

Bring it, Thunder

I am not a fan of links

Link Summoning isn't even the fucking problem. The problem is prohibiting a simple liberty of summoning more than a single monster from the Extra Deck.

It's outrageous to expect everyone to just accept a fundamental part of the game that's been there literally forever. People that's don't play cancdrous shit have absolutely every right to be pissed about a restriction that harsh that has never been there or had any reason to in the past just to deal with the shit the created.

It still would be if decks weren't so impossibly accelerated.

He forces you to waste generic removal on him so they can chain into graveyard abuse and more dangerous cards like Ojama Knight or Raccoons

It's Synchros 2.0 and they abuse quantity play so field abuse is now a thing again. If things go right, this could equalize a number of older archetypes with newer ones, especially if there are some old-archetype-exclusive Link monsters, since they're so versatile.
Toons would be good for this, hilariously. Gladiator Beasts would be good for this.
Skull Servants would be good for this.
Level-1 decks could use this to transition from 'level 1 combo' to stronger possibilities.
Running cards like Gravity Bind is increasingly viable since you can delimit yourself instead of being unable to transition to better shit.
I think Links will be splashed, but decks based almost entirely around them will be anti-meta, not meta.

The severity of Konami's shit decisions with late-Synchro and XYZ in entirety is that making 'field lockdown' combos was entirely too easy, and this is a better solution than banning or retconning a shitload of cards. Konami isn't making combos impossible, but rather
The effects of these things gives more power back to Main-Deck/Hand archetypes and fun things, and Links as a concept heavily benefits older archetypes that are struggling if implemented properly.
Links have effect based on position on field. Decode Talker tells us a few things:
The conditions can be different. Archetype specific is possible. Contrast with Pendulum and how their archetype gating functioned.
The tributing monsters effect is neat as fuck! It tells me something like
I'm not the best at making up bullshit cards out of thin air, but I hope this highlights how even for decks that normally don't need much Extra Deck to begin with, Links now provide new hope- without sacrificing any of the original intent or uniqueness of the archetype itself.

Where does it mention you can only have 1 SS monster?
Or is it you can only SS to the Linked Zones as directed by the Link Monster's arrows? If it's limiting where you can SS to, as well as how many can be SS'd, that's a fucking benefit, as opposed to the shitty meta archetypes than can get 2-3 SS monsters out on the first turn with 2900+ ATK.

If you do not Link, you must only use Extra Zone. If there is a card in the Extra Zone, it can only die or be Linked. You can use Linked zones to special summon- or for other purposes based on the Link Monster itself.
I agree entirely with what you're saying. Links and how they function is possibly the only way to
Konami did something right for once.

So SS in the Extra Zone aren't able to proc effects or attack? They can only be used as summoning materials?

If Link Monsters had arrows that point to the opponent's side of the field, that would be beneficial. You can play this great card, but if you do, now your opponent is able to SS one of their strong cards, since they don't rely on Links.

Though, adding a single Link monster to the extra deck at the cost of something else might be beneficial to some archetypes that rely on milling/cards in the grave.
Say for example, and I use EH as I'm not great with the new archetypes, you wish to summon Mudball Man. You can Link summon by removing Clay and Bubble, then use Miracle Fusion to return them to the hand, SS Mudball and keep your Link out, effectively losing no cards and summoning a strong ATK and DEF.

It hasn't been answered directly, but judging by the fact that you can't attack your opponent directly if they have a monster in the extra deck zone and the fact that the first revealed link monster gains 500 ATK for every monster which is linked to it (doesn't matter if it's from the extra or main deck), I guess they work just like any other monster, it's just that Link monsters don't have a defense value and can't ever be put in defense mode, but I guess if you used the initial extra deck zone for any other type of Extra deck monster other than Link, you could still put those in defense mode.
Also, Extra deck monsters which get destroyed get sent back to the field normally if you use any revival card, as if they were a Normal Deck monster. So for example you destroy my Masked HERO Koga and send it to the graveyard, I use Monster Reborn to bring it back, rather than going to the Extra deck zone, it'd go to the Main deck monster zone this time.

Literally the first revealed Link monster does that yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Decode_Talker
Of course, not all Link monsters will work like that

I think what people are missing is that what Decode Talker is telling us so far is that you will be able to summon probably only one Link per turn in most situation and even that could be hard. Decode Talker requires 3 monsters to summon, that is almost your whole hand if you went first and that is probably going to be end of your turn. Which means thanks to DT the opponent already has a bonus extra zone.
In the first year or two especially I doubt we we will see more than one or two Link monsters on one side of the field. I expect getting some generic Link 2 as soon as possible and that will be actually the first turn play, plus possible another extra deck monster, for extra deck centred play styles. And from there on people will use this Link 2 to easily summon a Link 3 next turn and another extra deck monster.
Also there is something else at least I don't see people saying. Nothing is stopping you from summoning a middle-boss tier monster from your extra deck in the first turn and actually using it next turn to summon a link and then do other combos. Even an XYZ monsters can easily be recycled to summon a Link, if most are like Decode Talker. If anything maybe having other extra deck monsters count as Link 2 when it comes to Link summoning might have been slightly better, but I hope and guess they have thought through it more than me and decided not to.

What? No. They can attack or use effects just fine.

Did you not see Decode Talker?

Also, to reflect my speculation here
Look at the sorts of cards they're generating
Not incredible, yeah? But it activates 2 Link Zones and it can be used to toolbox and prepare for all sorts of Earth synchros.

They can be used to proc effects and attack (or defend I think?). I was saying that they can't easily be replaced or removed unless they're
There are Link Monsters that have enemies zones activate, like Decode Talker. This helps balance out its excellent effect. Bravo, Konami!
The element of requiring Links to spam also helps mitigate Extra Deck stacking abuse we saw in XYZ. Meaningful choices will need to be made. This does NOT affect decks that didn't need extra decks before but can now abuse them. Bravo, Konami!
exactly that sort of concept is what I hope to see. Another good sign is Link Spider
It only gets 1 linked zone, but it is a single monster Link! You can use it to start stacking normals or get chopping on your normal engine immediately. It gets 1 monster to the grave, 1 special summon, frees up a new zone, and lets you prepare to Link-2 or Link-3, AND after you combo out a boss-monster it gives you new options next turn. Bravo, Konami!
There are also some notable cards like Honeybot
Powerful effect, right? Well! Honeybot isn't useful at all in the Special Summon zone, and it has low atk! Most Link monsters so far do, in fact! Why would you use it, then? Unexpected Gai out a normal monster, Link Spider, Summon, SS, Honeybot into Link Spider zone, and boom! You have a combo ready and waiting to happen. That's where it stops, though, because they're slowing it down. It all takes cards and effort to do, no free monsters.

Look at some of the other cards. There's some super neat concepts. Gaiasaber makes 2600 Gaia relevant again since
Bravo, Konami!
He's a Link 3, though. That's the point. To free up "more than one" SS space, you need to dump a lot in to it. There will be some chain decks (like using Link Spider as I said), but Pendulum will remain the only potent way to all-in. Which is fine, that's what it's for- just don't expect Pendulum to be switching out for mass XYZ/Synchro or such. Yang Zing sorts will be hurt by these changes.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Missus_Radiant
Of fuck, didn't know, there is already one. It doesn't even have the downside of Decode Talker (the opponent getting a linked zone). But it is not generic.
Okay, now I actually checked everything in the new packed showed on the wiki. It is kind of funny that they are still releasing new DDDs.

Forgot to say I find it a little scary how they are making even more Lightsworn support. This fucking deck never dies.

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Link_Monsters has the current and updates list
I like this trend a lot. A lot a lot. They're tailored to fill gaps in various decks, but they also lend to new and interesting strategies with others. Unlike many other Cybers, Missus Radiant is Beast type. That opens up new and interesting monobeast or Naturia avenues.

I agree, but on the other hand this means that they better release all sorts of Link monsters as soon as possible, which is a requirement for the Link System to not choke from day one anyway.

Based on the ones revealed thus far, I'd expect there to be at least 8 reliable generics.
We've already got 2, with Decode Talker looking pretty excellent in general.
I'd expect the curve to be 'a few link 1's that will be niche', '4-5 link 2's for general use', '1 more link 3 boss monster' for splashables.

That is so dumb, do any these them legit think konami will listen to it?
Imagine if people tried this shit with synchro, XYZ or pendulum.

But of course! Konami would give up on the anime production, pack production and all the other planning they have done so far, because of a hundred angry online people!

Actually the petition would have a chance if it got like over a million signatures or something, but that will never happen.

Really will never happen.

Well a million of course is a big exaggeration. No idea if they have some stats on how many people playing, but at some level they would cave in. One of the most important things for business is to know when to give up a failing project, even if you are going to suffer losses. The majority of people seem to be accepting it, though, even if somewhat worried, which is normal.

nazis watch out

I'd ignore it no matter the amount if I was Konami, since every time they added a new mechanic everyone was screaming how they'll quit the game and to this day after 3 previous mechanic they're still making bank off of cardboard sales

This shit isn't even remotely comparable to new summoning methods and cards that enable and assist it to create new strategies. This is straight up taking a staple of the franchise like the Fusion Deck, which has literally become a point of appeal and core strategy and saying "you can't use more than one card from it after all its life unless you buy our fancy new cards, which will actually eventually make things even more one-sided with shitty cancerous effects of their own without any natural freedom to build a reliable offensive against it". Just because. It doesn't even have logic.

Can't believe all those faggots would be so willing to unthinkingly completely fuck over almost every single deck they've made over the years even just for fun and not to win tournaments just to try and slow down the game.

Doesn't mean shit when I'm one of the few people on the internet who always fucking properly used it and still does instead of a tumblr or Shitter retard that's intellectually rotted to the point of not knowing how words work.

I'm not a fan of the mechanic but I think people actively trying to stop it with a god damn change.org petition is a dumb effort.

What they should fucking do is just hold events that don't play by the new rules.

Very few of the decks I've made over the years would be 'fucked over' when considering other decks would be limited in the exact same manner. Furthermore, those same decks are now increasingly viable with just 3-6 extra deck slots for Link Monsters to help them keep up.
I do not play spam extra-deck decks. I have never played spam extra-deck decks. The sorts of decks from Synchro-era that are actually hurt by this change are already banned to oblivion because god forbid anything disrupt the hegemony. If anything, Konami taking this stance may unlock a ton of permaforbidden cards.
If you think dramatic changes to make Yu-Gi-Oh fun again is bad, then you are 'literally' part of the problem. Not the solution.
A fucking Pachinko company has a better idea of what its audience actually wants than you, as part of it.

There already some anti meta cards like Vanity's Emptiness or Thunder King to tech in. With new mechanic Ojama Trio might be ran as main deck card.

opinions?
i'd consider replacing simorgh with apex avian but i'm not sure if it's worth the money

New Thread