So, my collecting of PS, PS2, PSP, NES, SNES, Genesis, GB...

So, my collecting of PS, PS2, PSP, NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, GBC and GBA games has been going fantastically to compliment my PC collection, I'm nearly done with everything I want for a few of those consoles.

I've decided next to get an old Wii and a classic GameCube controller as the older Wiis are backwards compatible with GameCube so I can collect for two systems with one. These are the games I'm interested in for both systems, can you name any others?

Both systems are currently reasonably cheap to start collecting for, so my plan is when I'm pretty happy with my collections for both systems, I'll get a backwards compatible PS3 with a memory card adapter to replace my PS2 and collect the 70 or so games I want on that system.

I don't think I'll ever reach current gen on anything but PC…

Uhh sure thing, guy.

I got the charts, if the thread needs them.

Now those are some nice numbers.

I actually consulted the Holla Forums wiki in making my lists, but generally speaking if the game came out on PS2, I already have it there. I have like 300 PS2 games. At a glance, the Resident Evil games, Beyond Good and Evil, Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Summoner 2, Timesplitters 1 and 2, the Viewtiful Joe games, Baroque, Bully, Dokapon Kingdom and Phantom Brave I have all for the PS2 already.

I realize in some cases the Wii version would be a slight upgrade, but I generally don't like buying the same game multiple times and usually avoid HD remasters with certain exceptions.

Not the Gamecube, when even common, bestseller titles are a good $40+ these days.

I do hope though that you're planning on trying to avoid paying full price for things. Even these days, if I'm patient enough, I can still find the occasional Gamecube game a lot cheaper than average. However, some stores have been catching on more, and things I used to stand a chance to see cheap are now on-par with standard scalper prices (a few years back I could find Windwaker for $17 or so, as ell as Super Mario Sunshine for $12; now both at the same store are a good $40). Unfortunately, some games you really don't stand a chance to find cheap regardless, particularly for the ones that had sold poorly. Skies of Arcadia Legends, Fire Emblem: PoR (that one shot up in price after Awakening got popular), Baten Kaitos Origins, and Lost Kingdoms you're not going to see much and are likely to really cost you a pretty penny. At least for the Wii you'll stand a much better chance of finding stuff cheap overall, but Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy (especially an original steelbook copy), and Fire Emblem: RD are all going to be hard to find for cheap; Fragile Dreams has also hit about $40 preowned where I live and is likely to just go up. I'd also recommend against playing Arc Rise Fantasia with the official dub (the English voicing is notoriously bad and the official release doesn't have dual audio; a fanmade undub patch exists for use with emulation or a modded Wii), and most Tales fans really do not like Tales of Symphonia 2.

You can't get MegaMan 9/10 anymore for the Wii/Nintendo, only available on the PSN for the PS3. I also suggest to get Twilight Princess for GameCube, The Wii one is shit. The Wii Kirby games are expensive as fuck. Get Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz for the Wii/GameCube. Those games are fun as hell. Cheers.

Should also mention that Wiiware games are digital only, so you can't exactly "collect" them, at least without giving NoA money for digital copies

The old one that reddit pretty much took over, or the attempted 8ch specific one? If the latter, I'd be surprised that was still worked on, or even still active.

Yeah, I switched to Emulators with Modded controllers over 6 years ago. The original hardware is nice, but once you learn how to set up emulators correct and accurate/no lag with the right controllers. There is nothing that beats it. Collecting will get more and more expensive due to how much faggots are in the collecting scene. You are more then correct having to pay 40 plus for any good games on the GameCube/Wii.

Huh, really? I was basing my impression on ebay prices honestly. I'd recently heard that now was the time to get into collecting for the wii as the games are as cheap as they're ever going to be, you think PS3 is cheaper though?

I'm also interested in Dreamcast and Saturn, but I just assumed collecting for those would be way more expensive and complicated.

The PS3 is a lot easier and cheaper to collect for cause of the massive quantity of individual copies there are and Sony player base being less collection based then Nintendo supporters. Demons Souls is still like 20 bucks on ebay.

I got Soul Calibur 2 on the gamecube for $20 complete the other day. Would that be a good deal?

OP, if you want to check out Wii and Gamecube games you should just get a Wii and softmod it. Get a large external USB HDD and you can play all the games you can stuff on it from either Gamecube or Wii, and of course you can even add on download titles. Much cheaper than collecting for the systems, of course you can stil collect for them, but this way you can try the games first and not feel any pressure to buy them.

You can still get them if you softmod the Wii and force them on there. The files are out there.

Again, Wii you are much more prone to finding good stuff cheap. Gamecube library seems to have SNES tier prices these days, and it makes me grateful I already had some games before they started to shoot up, as well as having patience for local store screw ups ($10 Fire Emblem some years back).

What's really shocking is that fucking Melee, one of the bestselling Gamecube games, is a good $60+ these days, but considering how Dragon Ball Z: BT3 for the PS2 is in a similar situation locally, I speculate it's tournament players driving that particular price through the roof with heightened demand.

To be honest, I don't go looking online much for Gamecube games, because how prone people are to scalp for it. Locally I can at least stand to find occasional cheap worthwhile stuff, but it's been few and far between lately.

The PS3 is indeed rather cheap to pick games up for, though some games do hold their prices better than others. Where I live, stuff like Catherine, Tales of Graces f, and Dragon's Crown are all a good $30 or so right now, and some of the newer releases (LoH: ToCS I & II, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Tales of Zestiria) are probably still rather high, but admittedly I don't see copies of those around much where I live, Zestiria aside (averages $30 at Fucking Gamestop); probably not a lot of people that have bought some of those over the PS4 and/or Vita versions where applicable compared to the PS3.

I'd also recommend modding your Wii anyhow, as there's some good stuff you can do with it; look into Letterbomb. And if you're lucky enough to have an older model, you can even install bootmii as boot2 and have bricking reversion if anything happens.

Well, going off local prices where I am, it's about $12-18, so I'd say you ranged from average higher than average (but not that badly).

No one cares.

Well that doesn't sound too bad then. Although whoever owned the box last put googly eyes on Link and Mitsurugi, which was a pain to get off. What's the best way to get glue and other residue off of game cases anyway?

The case itself, or the cover art?

I use to smug on tape, rub it really hard, then pull off quick. Worked really well cause the old shit stuck to the fresh tape.

the case itself.

Well, I generally use Goo gone on some paper towels to remove adhesive from cases. Sometimes takes more time and elbow grease, but usually gets the job done. Then I clean up the remains with rubbing alcohol. Very rarely had a game case (specifically cases, I don't use it on the rare game with a cardstock box I get) I couldn't get adhesive off of. I've gotten bottles at ace hardware cheap, and they last a long time. Just remember that a little bit goes a long ways.

Marker and shit is a different story, as I don't buy games that have that on them. Usually just ask if I can swap cases out before paying for them if it's something like that, or a case with holes in it, torn up wrapping, etc.

Forgot to include pic related; this is how what I use looks like. Heard there's some other brands with similar names that aren't safe to use on plastic (like game cases), so I figure it might be worth including as a reference.

About what exactly?

I still remember that one guy on Holla Forums recounting his own personal experience with the fat fuck the God Emperor's face is shooped onto in that image.