JAP GAME DESIGN

Why do all jap action games have the same sort of style and aesthetics to them? Whether it's Dynasty Warriors or Tenchi or NIOH or Demons' Souls.

It's always the same thing:

Even Deadly Premonition had some of this. Why don't they deviate?

because it prints money
westaboos buy this shite

because they don't.

From the writing and art direction standpoint, they have no creativity as well.

It's either inspired by Berzerk:

Or JoJo:

Glad you can see it too.

buzz off

There's not a lot of games that come up with something truly original.

Nice halfchan tier thread OP
Why don't you check them?

Basing your creativity on another famous work isn't bad as long as you let your own ideas shine through.
If the idea goys that infest Holla Forums were all video game directors, video games would be shit.

Nah. I see a lot of solid ideas around here.

Name one.

Because non-Jap games are completely immune to this…
…and also accounts for every other fucking country in the world. Gee I wonder why.

Ok nioh and demon's souls is pretty much the same fucking game from what I can tell but everything else you said is either completely subjective or are in all games from all over the world. Are we supposed to pick apart every single thing that's the same in nipland

Can be described as Wizardry syndrome.

One guy had an elaborate idea for a revamp of buzz lightyear being a mixture of an open world. It'd be a mix of Rouge System, Gears of War, and Metroid Prime and you could change play styles on the fly.

I can see the arguments for Berserk in the games you listed, but JoJo in that category? You're fucking retarded m8. sage for a shitty template thread.

You're blind. Just straight up blind.

Yeah bro. Picking things apart is part of why we enjoy games. You gotta be critical because it helps you determine what kind o games you will shoot for, maximizing your enjoyment and experience.

No he's right, they are. Have you not played them?

What about Metal Gear Rising and God Hand?

it's the same game, like
ni-
demon
oh
souls

practically the same game

Oh come on op is a baiting faggot retard but don't tell me nioh is some fresh new concept devoid of any attachment to the souls series. Fucking soulsfags get so mad about this shit

Those were exceptions. There's a reason they get so much praise everywhere

Neither do westerners, their fantasy titles are straight ripped from either Tolkien, GoT, or perhaps some other less popular novel/shows. Same goes for Fallout and its ilk, a slew of post-apocalyptic fiction to lift from. Same goes for sci-fi titles, you've got the obvious Star Trek/Wars influence, though you might find some decent cyberpunk inspiration here and there. Now add in that most modern titles have some SJW slant to them which undercuts any sort of creativity. Did I mention shitty gameplay and no sense of style?

Nippon is superior, go back to playing Ass Creed or something, with it's so original storyline ripped straight from history.

I'mma play my stylish action games, a genre the Japanese invented and westerners have poorly emulated over the last decade.

Stay buttmad.

Hey, that's not fair. Westerners consist of most of Europe for now and America. That's like, 12 countries. How's Japan supposed to compete.

Consoles are shit, and so is the player base. What do you expect?

Because jap games are made for low functioning autistic adhd weeaboo subhumans who are entertained by repetitive mind numbing garbage

Reminder that anime will never be art as well.

Bloodborne will NEVER EVER come to PC

The better question is how come all western open world games are the same?

Who cares?

japs are a bunch of rapists thank god theyre doome do to the nuclear plant

Which makes Japanese games playing better and having a higher creativity level all the more baffling.

Reminder that Soulsborne was the Japanese taking all modern WRPG tropes and made them 1000x better.

Has the reverse ever been true?

Oh this is rich. What tropes would those be?

Of course there's nothing wrong with inspiration and influence, but to have such an axiom like uniform inspiration is quite autistic.

That still sounds a lot more diverse.

That's the most superficial comparison I've ever heard of, you professional semen eater

*unsheathes sephiroth replica katana*
*tips trilby*
nothing personal kid

So much better.

The eastern gaming industry is saturated with suits and turbo autists. The western industry is saturated with suits, jews, and numales.

The difference here is that every single one of those titles are fun to play.

Enjoy your brownshooters, muh realism, and instead of one-liners, you can get some overscripted scenario by some hack writer designed to "make you think".

You do not deserve the blessing of Japan, prease reeve firthy gaijin.

I always thought of it as a rip off of Outlaw Star or something similar
Basically has always tried to emulate a cheesy action flick with a horror bent
Cheesy military action flick with a sci-fi bent
Sure, sure, I see some similarities. Jojo is an amalgamation of these things, too. Takes cheese action sequences from other shounen and incorporates some cheesy western aesthetic or "attitude"

How old are you?

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Fukken baka.

woops, was meant for

Like I said, those are incredibly superficial comparisons. The actual subject matter are all different.

You could say the same thing about the west though
Everything is either inspired by Stanley Kubrick's films, or Steven Spielberg's, which is arguably more broad but still very narrow.
>all the dystopia games of multiple genres inspired by a mix of eyes wide shut and clockwork(occasionally switches it up by making it a Nazi dystopia)

In fact, when you look at bestselling western games, they are entirely

MGS is more inspired by James Bond than JoJo, especially after they started trying to "mindfuck" you after MGS2. Raiden was the antithesis to everything JoJo

Nobody made the claim you faggot, but they still aren't "pretty much the same game". I say as a person who doesn't care much at all for the souls games.

Fuck off mate and go back to reddit

Seriously though, how fucking old are all of you faggots?

I swear I've seen this exact post in another thread some time ago.

Old enough that retarded fags like yourself think sage is a downboat and can't fucking see what I did there.
I'm saying originality is dead in every regard you massive fuckwit, everything is a derivative or a more pure story, all stem from Shakespeare or myth

The point is, they all take influence from JoJo to a certain extent. Or maybe that's just a template shonen theme, I don't know, but there's something in common in those games, and that is a JoJo style handling of characters.

They're inspired by whatever shit Hollywood shat out and pop literature. Kubrick, Spielberg, Michael Bay, Tierman, and the rest of those american directors, plus some scifi novels. But my point is, it's still quite broad compared to the japanese.

Kojima created Raiden to attract the feminist fanbase.

Whatever floats your boat homeboy.

jojo was not the first shonen you dumb niggers.

This is it, more likely. And JoJo and Devilman are the roots from which the tree of shounen manga grew from.
But, is it any more original? Is the media-climate in the west really a deeper well to draw from or is it just a more widespread shallow pond?
More like k-pop because the game was released during a massive Korean immigration boom and he wanted to appeal to muh newcomers since he's a progressive 'sperg like that. but that's really no difference, Koreans are the jews of Asia feminism included

How could I ever forget those Tezuka post-war serials :^)

No, it's just the one everyone and their fucking o-ka-san read, so it's referenced out the ass.

But most shonen isn't like jojo, at least before jojo came out.

I don't know, but less autistic to be certain.

Sounds like he's one of those guys who like dressing up in feminine tutu and being pegged.

We'll I told you it's in the aesthetic department, and the character template as well. Copying everything including the main premise and plot would be straight plagiarism.

That's all a matter of taste, I think Tolkien is far more autistic than intentionally whacky comics for instance.
And the gameboy was made for salarymen who wanted something to do on the subway, right?
But yeah, I would not doubt that 'ol Hideo bottoms for the Joost on a regular basis.

Japan has sucked shit for years when it comes to making video games. I hope you enjoy shitty 3D beat em' ups and visual novels.

the joost has some beautiful feet. yes, she's quite the specimen.

You know feet smell like crap and are pretty ugly in general

Asia is unoriginal and bland, the west is unoriginal and bland. See where I'm going with this?
what was the last truly original game to be made and why was it made by slavs?

(checked)
anti-footfag dubs must be acknowledged. But admittedly I would let joost so whatever she wanted to me even if it involved feet

You're a fucking moron my man. Girl feet smell like vinegar or doritos. You may hate the female form but dont impose your faggotry on the rest of us.

I hate anything that touches the ground, am germaphobe.
Doesn't matter if it's feet or a skateboard it's all just filthy ground-shit to me.

You walk around on feet, they become calloused and disgusting. Begone footfags

Reminder that the mouth is more filled with germs than feet, and the germs on your hands stop dying after two handwashes everyday.

not all germs get you sick, I eat germ-paste(yogurt) daily and I am fine, non-argument.
Also washing your hands takes skin off too, so I try and only do it after pooping.

You guys are funny. I like you.

Either lazyness or because its the most suitable thing. It is the most practical way to do it. You wouldn't put glass icons on Demon't Souls, or some flowy, flowery icons on Metal Gear Solid.
Never noticed and too lazy to check.
So you would prefer health regen and jellyscreen or something? Also, any Zelda and Mario 64.
This is bait.
Limited time and hardware. Also Tekken.
You mean like Splinter Cell and Bioshock?
Same can be said about games from almost any other country. Not Iceland.
If it is a special item, it deserves special attention.

Which vidyas are from iceland? I would love to play gaems from my ancestral homeland

Bayo and RE4 are definitely similar to JoJo.
Hell half the angels have that ZA WARUDO look to them

They don't and you are a faggot for starting a thread with a false premise

That's no excuse

I wish she'd go so far as to spit on me tbh. Would love to get degraded by Joosten

Japanese culture understands that there is a "right way" of doing things. People try to build on the accomplishments of others instead of trying to reinvent the wheel with every fucking game.

Then again, this sort of thing is probably why the Japanese game market is hurting.

and what is that weeb-san? radiation or bad teeth ?

EVE Online. Dust 514 as well, though it's dead now.
If you got a headshot kill in Dust, it would make a very loud noise.