Metal Gear Thread

Just got the legacy collection, should i play all the games chronologically or by the order of release.

Also anything Kojima related i guess.

With that out of the way, always release order, you stupid asshole.

Always play in release order. MSX games are optional but you should still play them anyways.

Yes, play the MSX games for silliness like Deadly Zanzibar Hamsters or the boss fight with Madnar where you have to kill an old man with a rocket launcher. Ah, I missed the times when MGS was just silly as well as good. MGSV don't have that much silliness (4 at least have the funny moment where the guy you were tailing in Europe just got ran over by a PMC vehicle)

Would it be possible to play all games on PC, or am I fucked in that regard?

MGS4 on PC never ever. Yeah, yeah, I know…

But the actual stealth gameplay and weapon customization in MGS4 is great while it's there, and anyone who didn't have fun piloting Rex is a goddamn killjoy.

The HD remake if MGS3 also plays at 60fps and in widescreen, neither if which PCSX2 is really up for. You lose some of the bonus content and Easter Eggs, but whatever.

Shame things had to end the way they did, but I've had fun. MGSV was a fascinating half of a game with obvious holes everywhere, and the perfect summation of the death of blockbuster next-gen vidya as a whole.

Now to wait for the inevitable announcement that Hulu is making an MGS cartoon animated by the Steven Universe crew!

Holy shit. I'm only half kidding. Was pachinko actually the lesser of two evils?

Honest Question: Are Ghost Babel and Portable Ops actually worth playing?

**Paz will never survive*

I personally hated Portable Ops, and it's story is non-canon. Everything good that was in Portable Ops was reused in Peace Walker aka best in the series.

inb4 implying anything good about Portable Ops

Ghost Babel is OK at least. A bit of a throwback to the MSX games (unfortunately you can't go back to past areas as the game is set on stages) Portable Ops? Tedious at best and the Chameleon system is rough like somehow even if your guy looks like the patrols in the area, somehow they still think you're an enemy and the switching your troops around is pretty tedious but it is pretty funny to think that the truck can fit in like 200+ troops plus supplies and weapons.

I had way too much fun with Portable Ops and all that shit with Null was pretty great and makes MGSV look 2deep when in reality it's 30%complete
As for GB, I only played through half of it but it was more like the MSX MG games than the NES one for what it's worth, can't speak for the plot because it was my first game in the series and I didn't know what the fuck was going on.

chapter 3 will never be real I am still mad

Name a single game series that would make more sense to play chronologically rather than by release order

I thought the entire game was silly.
It was all subtle, but it was there

Don't forget the hamburgers and the birthday party.

Has anyone here skipped metal gear 1 & 2 and just went straight to MGS? I hope not

I did.

Pretty sure we all did, user. Not unless someone actually owned an MSX computer growing up. And really, the handy recap found in MGS1 basically recapped MG and MG2 so I'm not lost on where I am. (And recaps after you load your saves are a good thing too. Shame they didn't bring it back for other games)

This. Thing is, i only recently actually played MGS1(need to play the rest soon) and i knew that it would spoil the original 2 MG games but still went straight to it and found it nice that it actually recaps what happened in the previous games, the only thing that i didn't understand was why was THAT punch so important?

Play MGS 1 and 3. The rest are shit

What punch? The one Snake gave to Gray Fox? It's because the second to last boss fight of MG2 is a fist fight between Snake and Fox on a minefield

HAMBOGHLIA

COPULATION

So, what do you make of Death Stranding

My first was two, then I played 3 abd PW.
After that I went with GZ and V.
Then revengeance.
Now I'm finnally playing 4 and 1.
I think I'm gonna finish 4 first.

3 is the best one.

>>>Holla Forums

They should have stopped at Snake Eater.

t. Redditor who only read about the games in a Kotaku article

So you're judging something by a meme screenshot from a show that doesn't actually confirm anything about the games themselves instead of playing the games yourself. Got it.

ebig

UMBILICAL CORDS

I played them a while ago and started with MGS1. I was skeptical as first but the game holds up incredibly well, and I am glad I started with it.
Mechanically it's aged, but that makes release order even more satisfying. You see how the gameplay gets better with every release, they always adressed the issues of the previous game.

whoooo?!

how many more times will this thread be made?