S-stop doubting us!

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline-ants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, Nah… It's fucking dead, Mate.

Time to move on.

its fucking dead

I kinda figured it'd die out eventually (and I'm being completely honest with that not the usual Holla Forumsirgin le epic "cuckdev cuckdev you never fooled me" stuff) but I hadn't figured the death knell would be Mark sperging out over the devs seeking help on 4chan to at least see it through to completion and banning one of the A&CP devs over it, then unbanning him when he realized it was a bad move

Yeah, it's dead. Because of faggots like you.

I haven't kept up with the drama, nor do I really care. It was just a bit obvious when the hype and furor started dying down, so let's all say it together boys.

NEVER EVER

No, Faggot- I never cared for it in the first place, so implying it failed because of me is a non-point. That also would imply that I had any skills in design outside of CryEngine- which frankly, I fucking don't.

Final Score: Commit ritual suicide/10

They never showed any progress on Holla Forums or asked for help here for months two years and they mismanaged alot.

Mark is a autistic sperg but the devs didn't do shit and somehow its Mark's fault for their failing.

I don't know. For such ambitous game, even without mark''s autism, it probably wouldn't have gotten much further. Most gamedev stuff that comes out of chans, aren't very large or complex, unlike A&CP. I also can't think of any chan-dev'd game that has been successfully made by a group of people.

Devs didn't do shit because they were constantly ground to a creative halt by infighting and autism, to my understanding. I recall "Val" or whatever the fuck his name was being a source of autism, but it's been a while and I could easily be thinking of the wrong guy. I don't blame Mark for its failure, just that his sperg-out was the final brick to crumble and he ended it with an autistic bang.

That's pretty much Mark's go-to method for garnering PR points with Holla Forums.

Wherever Val is, there's always problems. He's also a turk roach, so it's no surprise that he's literal scum.

It's not like Yooka-Laylee looks bad or anything

this fucking sucks

It makes me happy when anons fail. Nobody here deserves to succeed.

Won the meme war goons

TL:DR on the drama? I've been outta the loop on Holla Forums for the past few months.

Tl;dr project was dying for a long time due to a dried-up talent pool on Holla Forums, infighting over irrelevant details or some people refusing to budge on minutia. Holla Forums (mark included) acts betrayed after inability or refusal to help on Holla Forums results in A&CP devs asking other sites (4chan included) for help. Haven't heard from the project since, myself.

dont cut yourself on that edge

So a similar situation to the Yandev shit. Good to know.

I ain't gonna be a free codemonkey for literal underage dA tards doing it for muh portfolio.

Maybe i'l trow money at the screen and you do something? Do you accept paypal donations?

no yandev just wanted his back patted at every turn and couldn't handle the harsh criticizing here

and then there's this faggot

They got too ambitious.

Maybe we should do a kickstarter?

Yandev was about 10% Holla Forums not offering anything helpful, 20% he could get the same genuine advice Holla Forums offered from Reddit with no constant "YANDEV YANDEV YOU NEVER FOOLED ME" le epic shitposting, and 70% his own incompetence + Holla Forums not making his game for him.

no

Did they touch you in the bad place or why are you so pooper peeved?

Hey now, Yandev had more cringey meltdowns.

outsiders mocking every little thing they can find as some sort of plead to make them selves feel better that they're getting one up on us for X thing we may or may not have done

I was more referring to how the BO fucked up handling the situation. IIRC, Mark was hotpocketing the threads for Yandev for several months.

I still remember his last "FACK YO!" to Holla Forums where he was all like "YOU COULDA HAD A GUY ON THE INSIDE AT YO BECK AND CALL!" Good times.

I'm pretty sure the devs said themselves that it was dead.

mark is a piece of shit who's nepotism fucks the board harder then his pockets who're biased as fuck, that I'd agree with you there

We weren't doing shit.
The team was always a bunch of furry kids milking Holla Forums for attention and fishing for someone to come along and do everything for them.

Well this came out around a week ago. I actually followed the members to see if there were updates instead of waiting for a thread with nothing but pointless drama and shitposting. Basically if you want anything done with a Holla Forums project, get some members and get out until it's done. Asking the community for advice past the first month or so of development is pointless because it will always devolve shit.

Also I'm not passing any judgement on the embed being good or not. To be honest I've heard that some of the devs have essentially just been sidetracked with life. If you want a good example ask AppleGreen.

shit here's the vid.

no I'm on about the Boston salt party or gamergate and the like

hi

Also have this
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline-ants

were you the retarded rust clone dev that sperged out over red sky because somebody on Holla Forums made a better game than you could?

Go back to Something Awful, nigger.

Hi AppleGreen, hope your financial issues have been solved by now

getting there

I'm sure the project is doing just fine, they're just taking a scheduled break right?

Anton and Coolpecker was just meant to be a simple game that got caught up in furfaggotry and drama.

The devs don't even come here anymore, they went to 4chan awhile ago.

I'd rather have a Spyro clone or a Crash clone or a SLY1 clone than B&K to be honest.

TRUMPED

who are you quoting?

Last bitbucket update was pretty recent. It makes slow as balls progress and if it gets finished Holla Forums is likely going to be down by that time.

Really, if you want to see it live, just contact the developers and say you want to help. I'd do it myself but I'm busy with my own big project. The source code is actually public so you can peek on it at any time.

Woah, when did they open source the code? Where is it? I'm pretty interested now.

only in that they went off site, there's a difference between being a massive bitch and running away because you can't take criticism and going offsite to look for help to actually make the game.

Fuck it I have the current project lead on steam and he's an old friend of mine I'm just gonna see what the shit is actually happening

Any caps or archive that? I'd like it for the "Mark is cancer" record books

I'd like a Gex clone if anything. Imagine if it used vidya instead of television.

Given that the defining feature of games is gameplay, that wouldn't exactly be the same thing
It'd be like action 52 with chinese knock offs of popular vidya characters and a hub world

what can Holla Forums even do anymore? at least Holla Forums used to be fun before we welcomed people like and into our board.

Not different gameplay, different game themes or parodies of popular games.

That's some low energy D&C bait you've got going there, kiddo.

like eat lead the return of matt hazard? It was shit.

i share that feel. nobody on this board deserves to win in life. specially not mark.

Have you played Gex before?

enter the gecko was the best of the series.

Japanese is a shitty clusterfuck of a language. Anime is also shit.

They were more concerned about adhering to retarded N64 limitations, despite using a modern engine, than making a good game.

I use to like Anime when I watched the stuff on Adult Swim. Then I uncovered the repetitive weeb shit and dropped it.
>>>/agdg/

/agdg/ hasn't made shit. they're too busy arguing about which language to start learning, only to realize 1 week later that coding is actually hard, and making games is even harder because you need to code, model, compose, and write all at the same time.

Explain the anons posting progress in the current /agdg/ thread . Fake progress? Are screenshots and gameplay footage untrustworthy alternative proof?

And a lying cunt to boot.

As someone who frequents there I'd say the breakdown is more like: 50% advice and help, 25% arguing over language, 25% progress reports. Now, as a hypercritical shitposter you might think that 100% of the posts should be progress. However, if you actually did any of the things you bitch about Holla Forums not doing, you'd realize that it'd take so long to post updates that the Thread would fall off the catalog at 10 posts. Also there have been a bunch of releases from /agdg/ some of which are even on steam.

pretty much all of the stuff they show on adult swim is repetitive. I don't get redditors like you.

At least Cowboy Bebop wasn't in a highschool, with a main character who has 5 sjw-colored hair girls after his dick for no reason, using the same tropes and cliches every other anime uses.

cowboy bebop is legitimately shit.

Hasn't 4chan agdg actually made a decent amount of games? I know RoR and Deadbolt and all that are agdg.

I didn't mean to point you out or anything. But you did say you were going financially to shit and it's a pretty good excuse as any for the development being slow. I'd probably help you out if I weren't working 2 jobs on top of a sink or swim welding program Either way keep up the music.

that's a nice picture but cowboy bebop is really a terrible show and it's embarrassing you'd list it as something redeeming - all while crying about tropes.

Cute trouser snake never EVER.

cowboy bebop was just boring with 2 or 3 amazingly terrible episodes

Your opinions are legitimately shit.

well, I'm not defending babies first anime and pretending it's some genre defying master work

/a/ go back to your board. Everybody knows Holla Forums has a better taste in anime then you sad fucks.

calm down, I would get banned off /a/ with my first post

Quit lying. That would only happen if the mods there had decent taste.

I'll bite; why is it a terrible show? Each episode is a self contained scenario that hits all the major plot beats - a setup where the major players are introduced, a plot device that forces the main cast to get involved, a raising of the stakes which are then followed by a resolution - and it's wrapped in a combination of action sequences, comedic dialogue, and an interesting aesthetic. The artstyle is pretty great, nothing fantastic but it works, and the main cast are likable and interesting in their own unique ways.

it's popular duhhhhh

reported

but Val is the french gay lover of the underaged

They're legit hipsters. I had a 2 hours discussion with one of them and it always went back to "muh character development" and "muh random humor". Apparently if your character isn't voicing everything that goes on in his head and spending 2 episodes narrating their inner monologue it's not kosher. Keep in mind "overrated" just means popular to these fags. Demo D put it best when people called it overrated, replying "no shit when you have an 11/10".

Anyway offtopic. I'm done. OPM a 6/10 at best :^)

It's so hard to keep things simple.

/a/ are pure weeaboos and japanophiles, and Japan doesn't like Bebop on average so that's probably the real reason why.

in a poll a few years ago there was a survey for what Japan's favorite Gundam series was. The top three were like Wing, Original, and Seed. so yeah, Japan has shit tastes and /a/ needs to copy it to be hip or something.

And let us not forget, Yandev is now crying about twitch censoring his game, the game that he toned down for HIS REAL FANS that he compromised to be the most appealing to everyone.
I'm just getting the warm fuzzies over this entire scenario to be honest.

oh wait, no it was Original series, Seed, and Zeta I think.

Because I'm just fucking with you people. I don't think it's anything special, and it's competently made, for the most part. It's 90% a show where you watch characters interact on their day to day and 10% some actual meaningful development. It's a very safe show with very basic appeal that works for just about anyone. It doesn't push any boundaries, it doesn't do anything interesting. It's a slice of life in space and action scenes replacing the typical cafe scenes in a school anime. Instead of pretty foods and safe playful jokes, it's predictable fights that resolve as expected - life goes on, "gotta get that money spike! Oh no, we didn't get paid/we barely got paid/we lost 'em!" It's very, very safe.

Actually holding it as something special is the weird thing. It's a common first anime due to its popularity and widespread availability and general accessibility - but to even pretend it's better than two girls sitting at a table studying English and poorly pronouncing coffee or green tea is just an embarrassing lie to tell yourself. It's pretty much the same thing.

It's fucking boring if you hold it as something remotely special. It's pretty much the admission that you're an idiot with low standards and no actual personality.

They're responsible for Risk of Rain, and that's enough of a reason to continue this shit.

wasn't that made by 2 guys?
I saw the special thanks to AGDG in the game, but that's about it

As much as we shitposted his threads to hell I gotta say it's fun looking at somebody and knowing you will never have as thin a skin as that faggot.

Don't forget how they shitted on Redline when it came out. Boy there's an embarrassing mistake.

Does it hurt being this retarded? I'm sure the first thing people thought after watching Cowboy Bebop was Generic Moe-shit #248 haha wow. I'de shitpost further if you weren't such a joke fam.

There's also Deadbolt. I know there's others I just don't feel like looking since I gotta go soon.

Holy shid do they ever! ∀and G are the true top tier Gundams.

meant to reply to on third paragraph. Sorry, busy getting ready.

Fair point, but I've never once heard anyone say that Cowboy Bebop is an especially incredible show, just that it's good for what it is. I see where you're coming from, though; it's like faggots that hold OoT as some golden chalice, some fixture that is meant to represent the highest echelons of video game production, like it's reached some unobtainable plateau and that other games will never be on the same level. OoT is a good game, and it certainly inspired industry trends that have helped some games for the better, but it's delusional to consider it the "best game ever made" or something like that.

I like to shitpost that Cowboy Bebop is good because it has the largest audience ready to backlash on it for being good
It's still an 11/10 show :^)

He's either AGDG or really fucking likes the people there because it's referenced in the games themselves often.

just about. I don't like most anime, I watch a few things a season and even the ones I do love for one reason or another are very flawed - Nobunaga Concerto was a great show from a few years ago that sadly acted as a first part to a live action show, barakamon was probably the best slice of life I've seen, flip flappers had some of the best animation in years until the budget went down the drain and the writing jumped the shark in the last few episodes - but even then despite its flaws it's going to stand out for everything it did right.

Like OoT, to me cowboy bebop represents non-committal. It's boring. It shows someone who knows the obvious and the acceptable, but nothing interesting. It means you're vapid, you're a poser pretty much. It's like 90% of what you play being first person shooters or something. Fucking boring.

Maybe they just lurk for information? And how do you know it isn't the 4chan agdg?
Have they ever actually posted here?

If Hopoo used it as a well for information that helped him make the game, then I consider having the threads a net gain in general since it can be useful in some form for people who get shit done.

/agdg/ is basically a completely different thing that it was back then, especially Holla Forums's /agdg/ which hardly has any people from the original.

While Hopoo did post Deadbolt a few times in 4chan, it can hardly even be considered an "agdg game" because of how little he actually posts anymore.

you seem like a fag tbh.

""""french""""

>GUYS ANTON AND COOLPECKER IS DEAD
No shit, Sherlock.

Real question is if you ever have called it "alive" to begin with.

tasteless, boring, pc shit.

i was correct.

"Holla Forums projects" always die because everyone who opts to help out for free inevitably gets bored and drops out because they're not being paid for their work.

nothing says plebe like entry level garbage that literally everyone has played.

So basically you haven't been on the internet in the timeframe of 1998 to 2016.
WEW

But yeah Cowboy Bebop is boring as fuck and extremely cucky with how the main characters constantly whine. Watch a real space anime about characters fucking around in space while having very little money, like Outlaw Star.

What an astounding revelation I could never have expected this. Thank you for opening my eyes mister know-it-all.

I was just told that someone posted my stream in a thread here
and I figured that this could only mean it's filled with dozens of false flagging and rumors
among people who might actually benefit from someone answering legit questions if they have any.

I do take part in design discussions quite a lot and try to test the build as often as possible,
however apart from that I only do sound related things so anything you hear regarding my position on the team
that derives from this is probably based on misinformation.

It's been dead in the water because the project never had a strict plan to follow, nor any solid director IIRC.
It's a shame, but I saw it coming a mile away, thanks to the lack of direction it began with.

That being said, if any of you fucks on the dev team are reading this, if you really want to get shit moving on this you gotta do a few things.

He doesn't have to be a complete dictator on it, nor have complete creative control, but he does need to have the final say and the strongest vision of where it all needs to end up. As well as the ability to organize people and dispense tasks.

This is why a lot of projects fail. Said director established in the prior point needs to dole out deadlines, and hold people accountable for them. Think about it, if it's all operating smoothly, and someone misses a deadline, while it can vary depending on who it is that did, oftentimes things can come unhinged thanks to said thing being critical.

As it stands, I'm not sure how many people you have on here coding, but it's clearly not a lot. If it's just one guy have him focus on the necessary bits one step at a time. Forgive me for knowing fuckall about what it actually takes to code a game, but I'm sure "a fuckton" is an understatement.

Regardless of if you have one, two, or several people working on the team, work must be evenly distrubuted to them to account for the man hours. That means if you really only have one guy, you need to be reasonable and remember he's just one guy, probably with other shit to do. Set weekly deadlines for him based on what he says he's capable of, and hold him to it. Divide that in half if you got two guys. etc.

You'll never push a product, or get something produced, beyond what one person can do, if you never get more people on board. If you adhere to the previous three points, and have been dilligent, then eventually people will be receptive to what you have accomplished and more likely to be persuaded into joining. The more you have accomplished, the more competent you'll appear, and subsequently the more enticing you'll be to potential volunteers/commissioned people.

Don't be dissuaded if you don't get a response at first, you need to persist persist persist. People will reject your proposals at first, because you don't have much to show for it. But you need to keep at it until it finally sticks, just like the under the hood work you're all doing.

Seriously, the biggest problem you guys have is being composed of seemingly almost all idea guys with next to no work to show. If there's a problem, then figure it out step by step. Don't let things being hard stop you, if you were truly driven to complete this then you would never have been hampered by the workload and lack of publicity.

I don't have much to say, but just sending you lots of support and my best wishes and everything that is good to go your way, magnificent faggots.

I still believe.

I bet the next thing you tell me is that somalians and niggers aren't french you bigot

ONE guy could finish it. ONE GUY. But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, nobody wants to put actual effort like Yang Bing here.

here come one hundred posts of STOCK ASSETS!!!!1111!111!

You really can't make something like Banjo Kazooie properly without designing things yourself though. Plus nobody wants to pay for assets for a project like this.

Cowboy bebop is the greatest anime of all time and it should be recognized as such. We hit peak anime with Cowboy Bebop and here has NEVER been as good as a show ever since, prove me wrong.

The character's are works of fine art within themselves, with personality and charm all on their own. The dynamic between Spike, Jet, Faye, and Ed are distant but at the same time they have a sort of need to stay together and bond together, even with their differences eat a bunch of dicks if you faggots don't agree

The episodes are crafted with love and intelligence, which I love because I am such an intelligent guy myself, and each is crafted with a deep understanding of nihilism, my own PERSONAL philosophy, and loneliness, which is something I also am because I literally do not need women

Also Apple make Coolpecker cool like Spike, my favorite character from Cowboy Bebop

oh that takes me back, I still remember the autism.

Salty weebs. I'm sorry we don't all enjoy your highschool moe harem shit.

pretty much this.
Isn't that what they've done?

Val might be a French pedo faggot but Saria is a top tier waifu/daughteru.

Anton and Coolpecker more like Strapon and Gloolpecker

it was supposed to be a game that only 8/v/ made, and for them to go asking for help on cuck/v/ completely defeated that purpose

Yo check out my cool pecker
I actually have a wood pecker named James

oh yeah? post them. come on give me download links.

/agdg/ hasn't made jackshit. random lone people on the internet have made games (undertale, Haydee, UAB, Off, etc.) /agdg/ hasn't. its a board full of useless meat.

I do it for free

/agdg/ made Risk of Rain (and Hopoo later developed Deadbolt), so that's enough reason to validate it's existance.

>>>/somethingawful/

This meme was disproved right above (you)

fuck squinty eyed chihuhauas FUCKING STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT YOU STUPID FUCKING RODENT I HATE YOU I HATE YOUR SQUINTING

Have your (you)

Why pay for assets when you got ONE GUY!!!!

Back from work, sorry if I sound like a fag replying to all these posts but I'm catching up

I assumed people would assume that I was talking about 4chan's agdg. Holla Forums's is lacking obviously but the threads posted here occasionally are pretty fun actually and that Doom mod looks pretty fun. I was the user who debunked why that fuckhead (no offense) shouldn't have let his cat outside

That explains it. Honestly that's how it should be. I don't believe projects can be made by a comity of shitposters. Sure you can read between the lines and get those few anons who are actually trying to help, but is it really worth it in the end compared to what you already know?

RoR is pretty fun yo. I know you're shitposting but really give it a shot if you like games that you can break by being so OP.

Also if anybody needed "proof" that Hopoo games had any association with AGDG then pic related, took it myself. Seriously does anybody here actually play video games? :^)

sorry. i don't play any games where your character is below 20pixels in total

What the fuck is this, and why should I care?
This is the first I've heard about whatever this shit is.

I assume it's a stillborn 8ch game?

You act like that's my problem.

Newbie detected. Hope you enjoy your stay and don't forget to lurk more.

you know 8ch's /agdg/ isn't the only /agdg/ yeah?

Read my other posts.

RoR is pixel shit. steam is plastered with it, all over the fucking place. its cancer and it should have never existed.

eat shit casual.

When was the last update concerning Ahmed & Coonpecker anyway?

Just because you haven't done anything good with your life doesn't mean you can go around trying to curse everybody else, you bitter bastard.

But user, I like the traditional, modest qt 3.14 delicious brown girl more…

Half the devs were furfags and the other half were spergy autists

No wonder it got nowhere

did they even release the source code of the game? doing something like that would at least give a second wind to the project.

Read the thread you faggot

I haven't given up hope

I hope they continue to make cheap comfy games in their own style and don't change it
Also them returning to finish that necromancer game would be nice, we need more necromancy focused games

Wonder if the game could at least be made open source so someone somewhere could finish it.

My thoughts too. I don't understand how it's exceptional beyond its aesthetic.