Final Fantasy XIV

FFXIV: Heavensward General
Comfy Gondola-tier Screenshots Edition

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl [email protected]/* */) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch 3.5
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands(used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides(should cover a lot) - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

Don't know what to do pre-60?
1. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS
2. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
3. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
4. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
5. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 60, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering and eventually you'll make great dosh
7. Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/7th_Astral_Era_Quests
dtguilds.enjin.com/shastasninguide
ffxivcensus.com/
ff14angler.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this game monthly fee based or do i just pay once?

Is doing the whole anima chain worth it or is the thing going to get outclassed in the next big patch?

Next 'big' patch is the expansion, so current gear is pretty much the most you can get, so anima would be worth getting if you arent farming savage

it's monthly sub, you get some game time included when you purchase the game

monthly sub, but its $12 rather than $15 like most mmos

next patch is going to nerf the amount of stuff needed in some of the later steps of the chain, so it wouldn't hurt to get it started now because it will take a while to get to the nerfs

Threadly reminder that pic related is a top tier bro, without him Stormblood would never happen.

Monthly and you pay for the game.

Has anyone pre-ordered yet? Do you get the earrings and RDM minion now or when the xpac launches?

Ilberd is a nigger and friend of potatoes, traitorous lil shit. Did they mention what primal did he summon anyways?

What the fuck else is there to do to get to HW content? If I have to slog through the duty finder for hard modes then I'm dropping this shit right now.

You have to slog through the duty finder for hard modes AND do like 100 inane fetch quests that amount to basically nothing

just do the MSQ for now user. you'll get around to most "hard" dungeons eventually, if only to unlock the various roulettes. about half the dungeons you have to do are story-based, and the other half are optional.

you deserved better edda
>tfw it took a loyal, devoted, qt3.14 hyur healer going through hell and back before a potato realized he had been a part of the problem

Just keep grinding. There's some good shit in store even before you hit HW. MSQ is menial for quite a while though. Do Hildibrand quests. They're great and feature Ultros and Gilgamesh.

Oh god I forgot he existed. Is the quest chain a decent length?

There were actually a few people in one of the UNNAMED FCs that ditched the game right there due to that. That was too much for quite a few guys after being told for 40-60 hours that it gets better.

The level 50 dungeons are almost all optional. Don't do them unless you really want to. Tam Tara Hard is fucking neato.
ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/7th_Astral_Era_Quests

I blame Alphinaud and his clip-on tie.

They haven't mentioned which one it is yet, no. In all likelihood it's Rhalgr, but they might do something completely unexpected.

He is the reason al miggers need to be shoah'd.

You beat the tutorial. Everything up to now was the tutorial. Just keep following the MSQ. 2.1-some time mid 2.3 slows down, with a lot of fucking around doing bullshit, but it eventually picks up and doesn't stop. Heavensward is almost completely devoid of fucking around along the MSQ.

Pretty good length with multiple trials and plenty of laughs.

It's Rhalgr. The troops were calling out to Rhalgr with their dying breaths.

I saw on Square's site that is $29.90 for 2 months.

those 9's can't be wrong.

That's with buying time cards. If you buy months in bulk, or do the 1 character per server plan, it's $12/mo

How do you buy it in bulks? Square Store site is awful.

Hildibrand chain is super long, spanning multiple raids pre-expansion, then the chain continues in Heavensward, with new Hildibrand content added every major 3.X content patch.

Agreed. It's probably Rhalgr.

Just do the cheapest monthly one. You don't need more than 1 character per server. Unless you don't mind paying 6 months at once.

Boo.

So, thinking of getting back into MMOs, last serious one was Warhammer Vanilla (yup); how is Final Fantasy XIV community wise?

Guess it's time for me to learn to be a Gentleman then.

Above average player maturity. Especially in higher level content. Naturally, there's still plenty of idiots and assholes.

I'll think about it. Thanks, user.

It's the longest running side quest, by far. Only relic weapons are comparable, but they have way less cutscenes.

Typical age I've encountered says mid 20s, with some 30s outliers. Typically more helpful than most, but not devoid of assholes/saltmines.

Autistically friendly to the point where people can genuinely get upset over someone being rude or uncooperative, so if you were planning of being some memester edgelord you best look elsewhere. If you planned to play videogames with people who will also enjoy playing the game with you then you came to the right neighborhood

Community on my server is faggot/reddit tier shit.

Above average is all I really need these days, sadly enough. Idiots and assholes can be ignored thankfully. Appreciate it.

The monthly fee works as a great filter to keep out the more annoying faggots.

Jesus Christ; welp guess server selection is more important than ever.

What server?

I'm on Famfrit, and it seems fine to me. I'm not sure what server the "official" Holla Forums crews are on. I'd avoid them if I were you.

I learned ages ago that cash walls within REASON (not to be a mega Jew) keep out BRs and other refuse.

I will pay a very small fee for a community that only eats paint and lives under power lines here and there, instead of old Holla Forums in its heydey.

I like to think that not all of them are bad. I just want a group to raid with and shit.

You only need static raid groups for the hardest Savage difficulty mode raids and maybe the newest Extreme difficulty primal fight. Everything else can be done relatively easily with random people via cross-server dungeon queuing. The game has these private chat rooms called Linkshells that you can have 8 of. So it doesn't even tremendously matter what Free Company you join.

Reddit is everywhere, they cucked multiplayer games forever. Just play games from your backlog.

What I want to do is Savage difficulty stuff, but I don't know anyone else that wants to or most groups are already full.

You might have to be a little proactive about it and shout in Idyllshire that you're looking for a static group to run with. You could also fill in as a temp for people who are missing and join a group that way.

Or hell, if you're especially socially outgoing, then just start your own.

why even play the class if you are such a butterfingered faggot?

I will have a look thanks.

There is a type of fun in slumming it without a dedicated clan.

I'm beginning to notice that, the cancer is everywhere. Not going back to my cave though; I would like to actually play with people instead of being such a hermit these days.

Finally finished 2.5, just made it to Coerthas. What a ride it's been. Those final cut-scenes of 2.5 really shivered my timbers. I can't wait to start getting into Heavensward now. I think i'll take a break for a few days though, to avoid burnout, and play Yakuza 0 and some GR2.

Monthly fee. You can also buy 60-Day time cards which is what i do

that better be a woman

I want to stomp that nigger's guts. Here I thought he was gonna be a Haurchefant-tier bro too.

MSQ is one of the main reasons I like the game. That and the dungeons and raids are pretty fun at 50+

Endgame content sounds promising!

Just rerolled as master race. Feels good bros.

No more FC nigging, both of you

The Primal raids are awesome!

FOR SHAME

Nice. I've been seeing a shit ton of potatoes recently. Frequently enough getting 3 potatoes in a group. And sometimes RPers rather than almost never RPers. Did they add cross-world duties and it's a bunch of Balmung or something?

Never.

i'm pretty excited. I've been told ARR as a whole doesn't even compare to HW MSQ.

welcome aboard amigo
i'm probably gonna roll to my manqote before too long honestly. been playing as a potato since the second half of ARR, and all of 2.1~2.51

Yeah they really stepped up their game in making each msq quest advance the plot towards the end of ARR so the 2.0-2.3 quests are pretty fucking aids to push through

Shit really goes nuts in HW MSQ. It's pretty epic and heartbreaking, at times.

Sounds great! I need something to sink my teeth into shortly.

The HW MSQ is alright, but everything before it is kinda garbage and drags on horribly.

#ImWithHyur

Shiva story on is alright

what song is this?

What skills do you guys think there will be for levels 61-70 for existing classes?

Wew lad

rumor has it they're looking at streamlining certain skills to reduce bloat. supposed to be coming with the combat revamp. more info during euro fanfest

Alex story was kinda of nice
hildibrand is also great.
side story of the group of adventures that have a falling out and the healer girl etc fucking the head of her dead fiance while delving into necromancy which also leads to the events of potd.
also some of the class/job quest are pretty gud.

3.0 MSQ was pretty great, felt like a real Final Fantasy game. the path stories were pretty meh until 3.4 and 3.5, those were pretty good.

The two sidequest chains, hildibrand and scholastic, were entertaining.

But any of the other leveling sidequests and most of the job quests are just awful

Typical MMORPG fluff, but the job quests aren't that bad.

I'm curious what direction they will take things. Some classes aren't very easy to play well, like dragoon. You can get the hang of it in time, but those rotations can be frustrating (black mage fire 4 & blizz 4 juggle is annoying).

They could easily fix that by making bliz IV and fire IV give their appropriate stacks of astral and umbral balancing, like bliz III and fire III. but that'd be too easy and people here'd complain even louder that black mage is too easy. What I find a bit more difficult is the stance-dance DRK has. I've been having a hard time juggling darkside and grit stance-dancing to maximize damage. Anyone got any tips?

I better like the idea of making Enochain's buff renewal add a flat 15 or 20 seconds instead of having diminishing returns. Then their rotation could be more standardized like how DRG have their rotation that revolves around the flat 15 second extension of Blood of the Dragon buff. It would be far easier to get a good feel for handling Enochain if it didn't have a diminishing renewal.

I have no idea about DRK stance dancing. I have leveled DRK and WAR to 60 but never played them after that. I will say that poorly executed stance dancing can be pretty annoying when I'm healing. DRG was my main job this past expansion, but I like playing SCH quite a bit too.

What does that even mean? Darkside should be on at all times, you jackass.

Maybe he means grit?

catgirl (male)

I thought grit's mechanics were the most obvious. You use it on the pull to get a threat lead, then drop it. If, somehow, a dps starts creeping up on you, just turn it back on, do a power slash combo, then drop it again.

all of this assuming your healers can handle the incoming damage increase on you if you're mt

not really applicable to 4-mans

I think he is just having trouble timing when to turn off grit so he can amp up the damage and maybe the DPS in his group generate aggro too much for him to have a window to turn it off.

tbh I drop grit plenty of times in 4 mans

also if you can't drop grit and main tank because of a healing issue then I just don't fuckin know

this patch has been pretty fucking great
even got an invisi shield

whats great about drk is that you really dont need grit in 4-mans as long as you're within 10 ilvls of the gear your dps and healer has. you won't lose aggro with BP + DA/AD on groups, and a single DA+PS will hold aggro on a boss just dandy.

Finished the first two chapters of Hildibrand before maintenance started.
Does Greg make any more appearances?

This, pretty much. The thing that pegs me the most is when you run dry on MP during darkside and the DPS is trying just a bit too hard so you don't have the MP to switch back into grit. Even working the occasional dark arts into my darkside combos exhausts my MP pool faster than a healer who only uses cure III all the time. Is it really a problem on the healer if they can't keep me alive without grit on? I'm level 50 at the moment and I'm wearing full augmented ironworks, yet healers keep complaining i'm hard to keep alive. I know back when I used to heal, DRKS were hard to keep alive, so I'm curious if it's just that they're a bit more naturally squishy outside of grit.

pretty much right up until the end tbh.

Usually whenever a healer has trouble keeping me alive is only because I pull too much and the healer isn't ready for it. If you aren't 60 I wouldn't stress stance dancing much, but if you think healers can't keep you alive then just get convalescence so incoming heals do more. If you plan on raiding with 8-mans or 24-mans I doubt you'll ever have a chance to turn grit off without risking the DPS taking the aggro, so don't worry too much about it. But if you're adamant about your damage, at 60 DRK gets a damage ability that gets boosted with dark arts and has no cost, so you can probably work that I'm better than dark passanger

Greg and Hildy all the way to 60?
Fuck yes.

i should specify the end of the 2/0 hildi line.

3.0 hildi gets another character in a supporting role and he becomes a minion for you too

i have a feeling greg will be back in stormblood though.

All I want to do is heal the world.

what? when you've tanked as long as i have, sometimes you just don't want to have to try

Please tell me the banter between Elf Detective Conan and Hildibrand fills in the Greg-less void

Elf Detective got his own, a bit more serious questline in HW.
Enjoy your automata and old geezers instead.

better suck dicks for dimes until you can afford a subscription

I don't think that's what he meant. Unless you mean you've been playing so long that you don't care about making mistakes.

not so much mistakes as it is being a micro-managing dick. i can DA+PS once on drk and that'll hold your average boss mob through my regular rotation without having to worry about aggro issues unless i'm forced to focus on something other than the boss for more than a few cycles.

the min/maxers in the drk community see using DA with PS as some sort of failure, because you're not maximizing your potential DPS (since DA only buffs the aggro gen on PS, vs making SE into a higher potency attack). personally, if i feel like maximizing potential DPS, i just bring my war. plus i rarely do content that's considered "bleeding edge" so ekeing out another 15 dps over the course of a 10 minute fight means nothing to me.

id rather just DA+PS and forget about aggro from that point onward.

niggers are asleep
post [email protected]/* */

Goddamn it. At least getting the other two won't be such a hassle.

Anyone here good with macros? I need to know if there's a way to make a macro that doesn't display error messages when using multiple abilities at once.

I only came for catboys, post more catboys. Please.

NO FUCK YOU, THE LAST THING THIS GAME NEEDS IS MORE CASUAL HANDHOLDY BULLSHIT
IF YOU CANT HANDLE JUGGLING THE TIMER AND KEEPING ENOCHIAN UP THROUGH AN ENTIRE DUNGEON WITHOUT DROPPING IT ONCE THEN YOU ARE SHIT AND SHOULD GO BACK TO FUCKING WOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What's hard about handling enochian? It's pretty straight forward. If anything DRG's botd is more difficult to use since you gotta be careful with geirskogul timings.
With BLM you can circumvent any abrupt fight changes by either refreshing early, sharpcast or using swiftcast.

So you're quitting?

ok, i hate this guy, but whatever, he's easy

FUCKING SAVE ME

This is what votekick is for nig

Probably not, it's just that I'll have to wait to buy it for a few weeks.

I know, it's just, this situation even happening in general, hat is happening to this game

Ok so I really want to glamour thunderstrike and thunderhead but it doesn't go very well with my current armour, any suggestions? some thing deep purple with maybe a ramuh look to it?

people being shitters? that is quite common, did you tell him it wasn't EX? been a while since I did any king mog so I dont even remember any differences.

Screencap character to judge properly and make sure to yell very loudly that you aren't avatarfagging so the resident autist doesn't bite you

check out the void ark armor set, i mean. you'll be getting ROBES as a tank, which is baffling. but they do look nice.

sure why not, but I usually avatarfag anyway. also got my current stuff and how it would look with mighty thunderstuff.

I do hate void ark but ill do it for the sweet glamour.

I'd meme you up, but I gotta admit this is the best looking potato I've seen yet.
You can go in the oven last

yeah we did. im pretty sure EX's mechincs have a different order of moogle murder (like i think the theif goes first because eventually his stab gets too much to heal through, its been a while)
Im also pretty sure you dont murder the mogs outright in EX. get em down to a few percents, attack king, killl a mog, king uses HP to restore mogs, repeat 2 more times then burn king before ult.
could be wrong though, I did EX once

i don't have a 60 tank class to show off a bigger picture, but here's some "close" ups as best as the fitting room will allow without it just cutting off the pieces in case you don't like it and don't want to waste your time

He'll be carefully garnished and prepped, for a quality roast. The other potatoes can just be peeled and fried.

You won't see greg this time around.
yfw the samurai questline introduces you to Greg again, and all he says is "HA-HA! I SAID I WOULD BE BACK, DID I NOT?!"

Webm related

Remove Potatoes

oy vey

does look neat, would probably go well with the thunderstuff.

And you go into the oven first.

tfw still haven't learned Zurvex Soar because every PF I find is ultrashitters that skip the part of just wipe every time

You don't really need to practice the mechanic as long as you know what the image looks like.
I mean once you've seen each pattern once or twice it should be obvious where you need to stand. pic related is a good resource if you're still not sure though

okay.

I hate this feeling.

Does potd give the same exp on each set of floors? Can I just spam floor 1-10 for fast exp or do I have to do higher floors for decent turnouts?

Holy shit this is amazing

How do I play Heavensward for free? I wouldn't mind if I could just pick up the game but there's no neppin' way I'm picking up the game and a subscription

You just need to GET A JOB YOU HIPPY

I have a job, but there's no way I'm using hard earned cash to pay for the game, then keep paying for a subscription

If you're an ameriburger on minimum wage, you make enough money for the monthly subscription in 30 minutes. 30 minutes for something that's gonna provide dozens of hours of entertainment.

Stick to Aion or Tera if you are looking for a f2p mmo that has the least amount of bullshit. If people complain about the gil selling spam in xiv then they haven't played a f2p mmo before or at least haven't played it enough to reach the major cities.

51-60 is your best bet for xp/time spent, but 1-10 isn't bad either. if you're going to do sub-51 potd, just go all the way up to 50 imo, for the guaranteed shard and +1/+1 to your gear.

post more.

In Mog Ex you have one tank on the King and the other tank holding the two tank mogs. The remaining dps class mogs must all be killed at approximately the same time, or the king resurrects and full heals all the mogs. If you kill all the dps mogs within a short enough time-frame then the king begins casting his ult. You have to kill him before it completes or you wipe.

The only reason the fight is difficult is because idiots put dots on dps mogs and one dies before the rest are ready to be killed. Then all the mogs get rezzed and full healed. Then healers run out of mana or you hit the enrage time limit.

Worst c@, worst storyline.

Ah yes, the bane of my existence with unsynced Levi runs

Oh yeah. I didn't mention that this is what we do in unsynced Mog EX. Like you mentioned, you need to let the king full heal everything a couple times in synced Mog EX. In unsynced he's easy to kill before his ult goes off.

You might be able to get away with just letting him full heal everything once in synced now. I dunno. I haven't done that since pre-expansion.

He's basically Nigger-Vegeta.

Are raids where all quests lead Iike wow?

A few raids are like that. Most are from side quest chains.

I take that back. There's actually quite a lot that are incorporated in the MSQ. Most of the Primals normal and hard modes and many MSQ raids too. None of them are very hard. Except the Primal Extreme mode raids can be difficult. But Primal Ex are optional.

But all the big raid dungeons come from side quest chains. The raids that people typically think of in end-game raiding.

Do you have to raid for the main story? I'm not a kid anymore, so I have money but no time for raid guilds.

you have to do raids but you dont have to be a raider
the raids you have to do are easy

Yes. MSQ means Main Story Quests. There are many raids that are part of the MSQ chain. But they are relatively quick and easy compared to the real end-game raids.

No, you don't have to raid. There are dungeons and trials (extended single boss fights) that you have to do, but the raids are not mandatory.

Oh man, why has DRK become such a meme job? It looks like an interesting tank job but it bothers me that it is quite handsomely the most popular tanking job. On the other hand WAR is basically a dps class and PLD is too simplistic. I can't decide what to do.

Go warrior, it's what you want.

It just feels so off to me. It simply doesn't feel like a tank.

Some conflicting info here. Maybe we should define raid. 5, 10, 25, 40? I have no problem with five mans, more than that where you need a steady group becomes a problem.

There's a few different categories of raids in the game. The MSQ raids are all called Trials. With the exception of the first few primals, which is only a normal group of 4 people, Trials take 8 people. Trials are quicker and easier than real Raids. Trials usually don't have any loot. They just advance the MSQ.

Raids are 8-man or 24-man and they all have loot. They are harder and make up the real "raiding" in the game. All of the Raids are optional and come from side quests.

A raid is what the devs say is a raid, which is the hard 8-man sets of instances which releases every odd patch, and the 24-mans. There's two of each. Everything you have to do in the story are DUNGEONS and TRIALS, they're 4 to 8 man. None of them requires dedicated raid groups or anything. Only new extreme trials and extreme mode 8-mans require that.

that's suicide user. the GLD mog and MRD mog each debuff the target so that the other tank moogle gets massively increased damage on the debuffed target. SE specifically designed it this way so that you had to have two tanks (at the time).

it's possible to heal a single tank through both if you have a healer heal-bombing, but it's still a near-run thing. any fuck up and the mogs go after the healer, and even at 60 in ilvl 270 stuff they can 3 or 4-shot a non-tank once they are debuffed.

just need more practice user. WAR tanks with the best of them.

FF14 has three "tiers" of group-related content: Light Party, Full Party, and Raid.

Light parties consist of a group of 4 people. Full parties consist of a group of 8 people. Raids consist of an alliance of 3 full parties, for a total of 24 people in a single dungeon.

"Raids" in the 24-man sense are different from "raiding" which is used as a catch-all term for any organized end-gameish content. I.e. the Alexander and Binding Coil of Bahamut dungeons are considered "raids" and you will have "raid groups" that focus on them when they are bleeding edge content, but you don't necessarily need to be in a "raiding guild" in order to enjoy and progress through that content, thanks to the infrastructure that SE has in FF14 to support pubbing.

more or less this as well.

invisible shield? Whats it called?

Unsynced is stupid easy now with a full group. I beat it with 4 geared people the other day. 3 dps and 1 healer. You're way overstating the tank debuffs. It's very easy to heal through now.

Heroic Spirit Shield or something. You get it from pvp, go talk to the disreputable priest at the wolfs den.

Synced, you have to tank swap when the mog you're tanking reaches 3 stacks. Actually, I feel that tanks have a very easy role in this fight, the brunt of the burden is on dps and healers.

I was talking about unsynced all along. I wasn't very clear about that. I totally forgot about the tank swap mechanic in synced. I haven't done it synced since pre-expansion.

To simplify, you do NOT have to get a regular group to do hard content for hours on end every week to progress the story. All you have to deal with are dungeons and boss fights of a regular difficulty.

That makes it clearer. Will give a catgirl that two week tester.

Just keep in mind that by level 35 you won't experience most of the things that make classes and jobs interesting and how they actually play. You'll spend first 25 levels pressing 2 buttons all the time. In my experience, jobs start coming to life at level 50 and onward.

Catgirl supremacy!

This is true. Everything until you beat the "A Realm Reborn" 2.0 content is just a tutorial for how to play the game. Everything after that is more or less the real deal.

This is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen

You need a reality check, my man.

WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN THE POINT OF FULL CLEARS IF YOU ARE ALREADY 99/99 AAAAAA

are they all 99/99? I remember i t was like pulling teeth to get the floor 51-60 crowd to look at any fucking extra rooms for a silver chest.

kek, people are retarded. What do you expect?

But if any of them are below 99/99, then it's at least worth getting all the silver chests.

I will never apologize for my love of catgirls.

Catgirls are the best girls. I used to glamour that dress she is wearing…

Do Levequests, friend.

I need some ninja help here. I'm not sure I get the lvl 60 rotation fully.
I open with huton and then use knife combos to put both dots, dancing edge, dream and then refresh hutons forever, dotons and katons for big pulls, raiton for burst and stealth moves occasionally. But I'm not sure when should I be using kassatsu and duality? Should I bother using suiton and hyoton? What's the optimal way of using shadewalker and smoke bomb?

prepare for info overload dtguilds.enjin.com/shastasninguide

This is one of the best guides, he does a good job of not being a numbers autists and focuses on what will improve DPS

So fucking happy right now

OH SHIT SON

wow, i didn't know that. i was using it for raiton.

raiton is better single target ever since the potency buff. doton is better multi-target if the targets won't die in under 18s or so. otherwise katon outperforms it.

communication with server lost

GAME IS DEAD

EVERYONE GO HOME

waste of trips tbh

I'm so sorry user, I wish I saw this thread in time to stop you.

This server is full of nothing but shitters.

He's clearly referring to playful competition between newborn chocobos, friendo. Must you be so quick to assume the worst?

Ok, for some reason one of my hotbars changed and i cant change it back. i literally did nothing and now its fucked

define "changed" user. did you scroll up on one of your hotbars? you can do that with shift + # bar or shift + up or down arrow keys.

keep em coming

well i thank you for telling me about shift and up or down, i may have accidentally hit that. i have my scroll arrows disabled.
I suddenly had 2 of my #2 hotbar, and i had the game in the background so i dont know how the fuck that happened. i found a way to change it back. used:
/hotbar change 1
changed it back and all is good.

I agree, I'm sorry.

Is it true Stormblood will have skill-pruning ala Legion?

They are overhauling the system, because adding even more skills would overwhelm an already bloated system.

I hope not. Though I guess having as many attacks as some of the classes do is kind of bothersome, excessive. Stone I and Stone II is kinda dumb when they don't have different effects at all. Plus unlike in other FFs mana management doesn't matter so much that you would use the lower version. Additionally there are a handful of skills even unlike that which do outright replace others like Bard's Wide Volley pretty much completely replacing Quick Nock. Not to mention there's basically no difference between one Bard and another Bard. We all have access to the same skills and there's quite a few of them but also not enough of them to have preferences or different styles, and the game has no semblance of class customization. Of the MMOs in this style, I think Guild Wars had the best idea with the large selection but limited number you can select at one time. Even more than all of that, as far as I understand some of the classes have way more attacks than the others while also not making them any better just making it harder to keep up (BRD apparently has the best potential DPS but has one of the simplest, smallest rotations.), and whenever there is a mass of enemies the best option is always to spam the one big aoe skill your class happens to have. Both of these are pretty objective design flaws.

From what I've heard, they're planning on replacing the Cross Class system with just a global "role pool". As there's no real variation between one person to the other from skills with how many required skills there are. Provoke, Blood for Blood, Raging Strikes, Internal Release, Cleric Stance, Etc.

I'm not looking forward to this. SMN is just perfect for me where it is at now. Pet has useful and interactive micro skills like contagion, enkindle, knockback. He also has respectable enough dps for you to never ever want to let him die so on savage you are constantly ordering that guy around to not stand in lava. This in combination with the SMN himself who has to refresh his dots properly, manage his aetherite stacks correctly and pick good timing to weave in cds + dreadwyrm stance make it one of if not the best MMO class I ever played.

God, I hope not. I quit WoW over the abysmal state every class except Druid ended up in after two expansions of unnecessary pruning. If I ever have to experience something as mind numbing and frustrating as WoD/Legion Arms Warrior again, I think I'll just quit MMOs altogether.

I have 35 buttons hotkeyed on SCH and it is completely manageable. With a few off to the side for clicking, mostly just pet summons and protect.

People are just bad, and was to only hit 1-2-3 for the rest of their lives.

35 buttons is easy user, why make it EVEN easier?

The problem is that following the same formula will add yet another 5 skills. And people would adjust, but it's becoming a bit ridiculous.

Have they even confirmed what ANY of this "overhaul" entails? Why are people acting like if YoshiP himself came out literally saying "we are pruning all classes and leaving you with a single hotbar forever also no new skills on SB LOL"?
For all we know they are just going to rework things to cut the useless bullshit and add better stuff in its place

Im just wondering how cross-class skill pool itself is going to work. I know some DPS tend to take mercy stroke, and I have bloodbath and foresight as part of my "oh shit i need health and defense" macro.
All 3 of those are from Maruader. Are they going to get tossed into the tank pool? So now I have to rely solely on Second wind?
As well as some people still take fracture.
Speaking of mercy stroke - Monks are the only class that don't have a skill that when an enemy is below 20% heres some free damage utility without cross classing MS
If any of them use it is that option just gone if its tossed into the tank pool? are they going to add something for that in the new expac?

I'm sure it's going to be broken as hell for a few patches, no matter what they do.
But I'm sure they're gonna do something weird like remove mercy stroke period and for some random ass reason throw Raging Strikes and Blood for Blood in the same pool.

I just hope they don't remove swiftcast from crossclass or that's gonna shit up healers bad

So according to the 2016 Eorzea census, job distribution is pretty balanced.

I don't know which one to go for. I feel like the healers generally have the toughest job.

I just want my Aether oils god damn

Laugh at this sucker

Do you see that group comp? it wouldn't matter if I was heals or not.
Oh well, least i can hang out in the gold saucer and build my MGP back up after wasting it on dances.
Mounts never ever

Which ranged DPS class is the easiest to get the hang of? I've been looking and bard and machinist are apparently not actual DPS, but more support DPS.

been enjoying leveling a bard but if you don't like being a support you should probably play a black mage

depending on the fight, MCH and BRD can output pretty substantial dps, and even beat out the more DPS focused classes.
But for pure DPS, BLM and SMN are kings. if you like big numbers with high burst, go BLM. Want more sustained dps with less burst go SMN. Both do very similar damage endgame.

Are the servers pooping out for anyone else now?

they were pooping for me a lot yesterday.
I just woke up so i cannot comment on today yet.

1800 wolf marks is easy as piss to get

>mfw they blocked chat on the feast but I can still call my alliance a bunch of casual faggots who need to stop pvping in frontline

I can't seem the find the right job to play in this game. I really wanna play it but I can't settle on a job. Dps jobs have to deal with queues, tank classes are meh and healing isn't really fun for me.

I have that problem too
I like healing, i heal in most other MMOs but I cannot stand cleric stance.
I've mostly just been running around as black mage but it just doesn't scratch that itch.

I think that playing a PLD threw me off. I got bored at lvl 55 and deleted my service account. Now I'm back and playing a MRD and it is interesting but it's on and off regarding fun. But I guess it's promising since there's at least more buttons to press.

I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that if you go for the AST no one will expect you to put out dps. As for leveling dungeons, it's not that important imo. I as a tank never criticized a healer for not stance dancing. Dps is the job of the dps jobs, period, let them pull their own weight.

why though, you couldve just levelled mrd on that character

tfw trash at pvp

Probably a low population server. Or you're a dps class and dps have to wait in queues.

which dungeon ?
most people will join in through duty roulette. also time of day affects when people will be on and such. early dungeons are kinda harder to get groups for because most people are 60 already and doing the end content things.

makes sense. maybe I should just do other stuff till prime time

im on ultros. and yes im dps cause I want to one day be a black mage with a cool hat

actually I spoke too soon. it took 30 mins but i finally got people

That's normal for dps, get used to it. If you want instant entrance into a dungeon, play a tank or a healer.

I thought that step was hell was so thankful that I beat it. Just wait until the next anima step grinding for crystal sand is a hell like no other and I don't think it will never end.

GG you joined one of the lowest population servers
ffxivcensus.com/ Use this to make a more educated choice

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Frontline is so fun.

I just did one myself. It was fucking great. Hope it continues to having a good amount of players even after the Garo event ends.

It's like what 24/7 2fort servers are in TF2. Just a mindless clusterfuck but still entertaining.
Or all-crit dm_mariokart_b2 if you're Russian

new to fishin
fish bois roll out

Shut up SgtPaul!!

Hope you're autistic, the fishermen job quests levels 50 - 60 requires it.

isn't it like "This fish has to be caught AFTER this certain weather happens and it transfers to THIS weather at THIS time of day

I got to 52 recently but now I took a break to get Culinarian to 60.

Yes
ff14angler.com/ will come in handy

end my fucknig life sfklsdkfjklf

Nobodies checking these.

Pretty damn sure the guy I quoted was more worried about the fact that something cool was locked behind PvP rather than the fact that chat in PvP is limited
But please, continue insisting that he meant what you meant instead.

oh boy, am i prepared for this topic

I have the max amount of company seals what can I do with these?

Buy moonstones for crystal sands or to vendor to NPCs for 1.5k gil
Buy GC craft mats to sell on the marketboard
Buy the new anima relic items that you'd otherwise need to grind tomestones for
Buy cordials/spiritbond potions/whatever to sell

Things I want for Stormblood

So I've gotten DRG and MNK to 60 and I've been thinking of trying out healing or tanking anyone got any suggestions?

This, holy shit. Three ventures or a piece of shit gear isn't enough of a side reward to justify how awful the exp gain is.

Oh I forgot the most important bit
MERGE THE AMERICAN DATA CENTERS OR AT LEAST ALLOW CROSS-PARTIES BETWEEN BOTH OF THEM
IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE SEPARATE DATA CENTERS FOR THE SAME COUNTRY WHEN THEY ARE BOTH IN FUCKING MONTREAL ANYWAYS

I think they are letting parties group across data centres for storm blood it may have just been across worlds though.

We already have cross-world parties but only for the same data center
Shit makes no sense

well i no longer care for heavensward

post your relics!

I would
IF I HAD ONE

Here's mine

Actually I just started the quest chain and I have no idea where the fuck am I supposed to turn in these luminous crystals. I have 3 of each element but the hoe at Ayys Llmao doesn't seem to want them. Am I supposed to trade them somewhere else for the astral module macguffins?

Turn them into the lady in Mor Dhona.

lazy as fuck and just got to the aether oil part. idk I heard it was lowered to 3 but the quest still says 5. also know of the upcoming next part nerf
but ya the mch gun is pretty shit till you could put in your own stats so that is why i did not bother with it during the 10x/x4/x2 item shit phase.
stormblood can't come fast enough I'm tired of playing mch but to lazy to gitgud at anything else right now

The price of each aether oil was lowered from 1,800 to 700. You still need five, but now you can get all five for less than the price two would have costed.

when did that happen cause i bought one like bit after 2.5 happen and it was still like 1800

This week Tuesday.

LOOK AT THIS GUN! IT TOOK US TWO YEARS AND A PVP EVENT TO GET A REASONABLY SIZED GUN

Not anymore, now the only pirate in our fc is a potato whenever he decides to play ninja.

I aint saying it's hard, just bloated.

Literally not what it's about. I'm running out of fucking space and hotkeys.

Even groups with dps on the lower side never wipe to soar.
Are player on the US severs that bad?

Yes, because the shitty GMs on US/EU servers will actually ban you for calling out people when they're objectively shit.
As a result people just keep their heads down and shitters never improve.

It's a two pronged problem. Shitters getting coddled by GMs enforcing safe spaces and assholes that make newbs feel like shit to the point they don't even bother trying to get gud because they either get frustrated to the point they don't even bother anymore or their thin skin makes them fuck off. Each side brings it's own problems in an MMO but at this point it's a western community problem more than anything.

Could it be that the bandwith used from playing this game is more than 100gb a month?

How do people make hp percentages show up on the life bars? I can't find the setting anywhere but I've seen screencaps with it on

i accept this

character>ui>hud>last option

I don't know if its the same on the EU / NA servers but there are macros that people will post for extreme primals or savage content that assign everyone's positions

I've called out plenty of people for being shit, and I've never been banned (playing on Lich)

Another lich pvp bro? What?

What's the best way to level other jobs?

If tank or healer just chain dungeons all day with your tiny 3 second queues, and make sure to have any food item bonus going on the whole time for the extra exp. If you are leveling dps then have my condolences, cause you are stuck doing potd all the way to 50 at least

I cant get fucking procs to save my life. its always plus 3. ive onty ever got one bonus. and it was a 4.
fucking
UMBRITES

felt good man. took me a few days from 49 where i left off

thats for my alt weapon. dont ask me why im fucking doing this twice. my main anima is at here

Doesn't he also ignore all of the tanks damage reductions CDs?

So how does the relic weapon quest work? Is there any shit I can do before 60?

Collect umbrite. Do your Crystal Tower weekly quest in Mor Dhona. Collect your unidentified items via beastmen quests, GC seals, or poetics. Collect your 4 crafted items via the MB or GC seals. Those are the only parts that you can do ahead of time I believe.

this is a possibility, I was too busy trying to stay alive to really check.

is there an official Holla Forums guild?

NO STOP ASKING

Yeah, SMUG. We're on Exodus of the Primal Data Center. Send a tell to Rab Bbit, Aurora Soulwood, Balkius Hyorsyn, Charr Moddo, Claws Furalarm, or Yarteb Ogginto for an invite. We have a discord as well. Good group of anons.

DELETE THIS

So is Samurai confirmed, or was that datamining bullshit? Maybe SAM stands for Blue Mage or Onion Knight.

SPIDERMAN SHIRT
DIRECTED BY SAM RAIMI
SAM RAIMI AND SAMURAI ARE SPELLED SIMILARLY IN MOONRUNES

>not realizing it's all a red herring and the real new class is healer dancer

Fucking potd shitter cancer

Spiderman is more of a comic book character and the shirt has the theme of Red vs Blue

Says the guy with that hotbar.

I don't suffer from autism user.

How come FFXIV threads never get shit on or at least get shit on the least?
Here's why: all the biggest shitposters on Holla Forums play final fantasy. Fuck you all, you're the cancer that's ruining board

I appreciate your very important and creative critique, we will forward this to the higher ups so we can totally delete final fantasy from the universe, so you don't have to go into these threads to say it's shit

Awareness still works vs. DBZablo before his stoneskin wears off.

SAM RAIMI IS THE OTHER CLASS IN STORMBLOOD AND I WILL NOT ENTERTAIN ANY OTHER THOUGHTS

Post your autistical hotbars, everyone.

thanks, that's all i wanted

Holy fuck he has a dot that should be in his rotation on CTRL+7. This shitter.

kys

I like it there. Does it bother you that it's there? Oh man I love triggering people.

oh god not another one…

Get back in the oven.

stay fucking trash

Bet you open with provoke too

oh god not that thread again

You don't click, do you?

Ha okay noob.

git gud

Anyone got more [email protected]/* */? :^)

Where did I say that? It sucks even more on other classes

Based on fflogs and personal experience, you're wrong, and fracture is good
you could also try doing the math instead of being a faggot
inb4 i was only pretending to be retarded

Not that I agree with that guy, but that logic doesn't always work in some cases. Feint has no relevance for DRG in PvE, but it does for BRD under specific circumstances.

Instead of just making shit up, how about you link some numbers? I am not going to waste my time trying to explain this for the 100th time, so try and prove me wrong.

Show that:

I will be here waiting for your report

do it yourself if you care monglet

So where and when should it get used if not as a part of a warrior's own toolset?

The ONLY time it can provide a boost is under the effects of berserk and IR at the end of a 3x fell cleave berserk because you have 1 GCD before you get disarmed and it will do more then a brutal swing.

So this DoT you get at level 6 should only be used after you get a damage increaser you get at level 22, AND THEN only when combined with an ability you get from another class?
You're a fucking retard.

I almost missed this. Is this the end of nWo?

You are even more retarded for thinking I was talking about anything pre-60 and assuming that dps matters pre-60

listen here cocksucker. you want to use fracture basically as soon as it falls off when you're playing WAR. the only time you don't want to use fracture is if using it will miss out on a fell cleave while under berserk, or if the target is about to enter an invuln phase. otherwise you want to keep fracture up full time.

you dense motherfucker.

The guy is level 28 you moron.

FIVE
EXTRA
YALMS

Because we all know, keeping fracture up on trash mobs in Thousand maws of toto rak is so vital that it should be on the most prominent places in the hotbar.

Shit nigger, you are not even trying anymore.

The fuck are you talking about? Using it on bosses and not using it on trash mobs constitutes varying your rotation up depending on the situation.

That's good to know, I'll pop awareness next time then.

Anyone here still have issues with healers that refuse to do anything other than heal? I got stuck in the aery during my roulette. Party kept wiping during the DPS race before the barrier. However the healer refused to help at all with killing the mobs.

Oh fuck this kind of cunt SO MUCH. I noticed that every single time I get stuck with one of these it's ALWAYS A POTATO PLAYING SCH
REMOVE POTATO REMOVE SCHOLAR

I dont even know how healers can be this bad, i fucking main AST and i can easily swap into cleric and get dps out on everything even first time runs on shit theres nobexcuse for being this much of a shitter.

My main issue is dps that like to pull everything and think I'm going to save their ass.
Just finished Aurum Vale and the healer had to raise the FUCKING POTATO Machinist three times because the cunt would shoot at groups before I was even in range to shield lob and then run around like an idiot expecting me to flash the shit off of him.
NOPE

Naw this was a cat playing AST.

Oh a few days ago I had a tank that pulled the entire run up to the first boss then actually ran them into the boss and wanted the party to fight everything at once.

Dream within a dream feels like a really underwhelming move for a lvl 60 skill. Am I missing something?

Use that>mug>duality in that order as they come off of cooldown. They have the same cooldown for moments of quick bursting.

What's the most effective way to farm either poetics or lores fast? I need a whole bunch to buy the anima shit

poetics? do your daily level 50 roulette.
Lore? do Aetherochemical research facility (or ARF for short) on repeat after your daily expert roulette. If you can get ARF in your level 60 roulette then you're super lucky.

Does anyone know if the game is on sale somewhere? Or at a discount? I don't feel like spending 25 euros.

Is there a way to have different hotbar layouts depending on which gear set im wearing? I want different layouts for pvp and pve

Save the sets on the gear set list separately? That should save the hotbar layouts of each separately too

Nope, doesn't work. Unless there's an option somewhere that I don't have enabled

How to be gud as melee in pvp?

Don't run in like a melon. Make sure that you have allies close by.
I've seen many a DRG jump in and get destroyed in my time. Though you could say that is the purpose of the DRG

Roll NIN and spend the entire match sneaking around popping kassatsu doton on groups from behind and then wooshing away until the cooldown is done

These are your maids tonight. Say something nice to them.

REMOVE POTATO

INTO THE OVEN THEY GO

YOU'RE GOING INTO THE GAS CHAMBER

Now, that's just not nice.

cute ngl

i'm gonna punt those potato weapons out of your potato hands

You and what army?

O~hohoho!

I bet lalas would make great FSH bait.

Feels good when the other side expects a free kill only to fall for such a simple trick.

what is the worst pvp class and why is it MNK

HMMMMMM

at last I truly see

Man, I hope with them purging PS3 support we get better textures.
And of course butt slider

I feel like I just wasted twenty minutes of my life.

i can't even begin to fathom why they would be doing this, as getting a gold requires you to attain a certain amount of aggro on odin.

Balmung?

Zalera, but unfortunately it's on the same data center as Balmung.

Aymric De Borel portrait when, so i can put the 2 best elezen's in my room

there is an option under character options that lets you set which bars are always the same and which aren't. Try that.

I wanna fuck those potatoes.

dont stick it in food, user, that's unhealthy

Squeenix pls deliver

So is there any actual use for poetics at 60?

yeah to help get your relic.

What do I need to buy exactly?

Thanks mods, today Mark was not a faggot

A mountain of unidentified items, 10 of each at 300 tomes per unit, so 12000 poetics for the whole set.
You can buy some of them with beast tribe coins too if you have them

all this
+ some moonstones later on to exchange for crystal sand.

Wasn't there a newer thread about this? What happened to it, did the FC faggots shit it up again?

drama faggots made a shit thread, immediately filled it with potato posting and more drama, got promptly deleted

You're a man of taste.

Someone seems to have made a new thread for better or for worse.
Page 15 is a cruel mistress I guess.