What was the best Mario RPG

What was the best Mario RPG.

Super Mario RPG has the best gameplay, characters, aesthetics and music in my opinion. The soundtrack is Yoko Shimomura at his finest.

Boy, i sure feel stupid now

i actually just replayed Super Mario RPG this summer and I was really shocked at how intelligent, mature and genuinely funny the writing still is

Is Mario and Luigi still good? I know Paper Mario has been shat on.

Superstar Saga
Toss-up between TTYD and 64

SMRPG. Love the first two Paper Marios and M&L1, but SMRPG has always been my favorite by far.

Super Mario RPG: Armageddon

best romhack of 2016

Ted Woolsey managed to get some great translations in while working with censorship and hardware limitations back in the 90s. These days games are much easier to translate, yet Nintendo keeps accepting dogshit.

I want to cum inside Valentina

Why? She looks like Arnold from "Hey, Arnold!"

Probably because of dat jiggle.

I recently played Mario RPG for the second time and it didn't hold up as well as I remembered from when I was a kid. Paper Mario on the otherhand I've gone through several times and it's still a blast. Need to go through TTYD again.

None of them can compare to a tabletop RPG

Wario & Waluigi: Partners in Crime.

Also her finest was vid related

Never ever because "We can't think of a good way to innovate this game so we’re not making it."

One of the best games ever made, in my opinion.

don't worry, we'll get a gatcha mobage money sink hosted by nintendo's favourite characters Wario™ and Waluigi™ now with those pesky guys stopping nintendo's progress like iwata out of the way :^)

Superstar Saga is a masterpiece

Does this game work fine on Dolphin now? The Dolphin wiki seems outdated

Sticker Star

Fuck yeah.

One more Geno.

lovely pic, but

0/10 Try harder next time

True dat. The writing is top notch, dialogues are actually enjoyable to read instead of feeling like a pointless filler

fuck, i have been in the mood to play a good turn based JRPG

Thank you for the responses, what are the best emulators for each respective console.

Iwata wasn't the problem, Miyamoto is.

Objectively Paper Mario TTYD and Superstar Saga.
But for me personally it was SSS hands down.

I don't think it was going for accuracy

1 is amazing.
2 was considered meh at best and garbage at worst back in the day, but looking back it's at least original and much better than what came after the trilogy.
3 is great but misses the mark compared to SSS just by a little bit.
4 is meh. On paper it might have been a good idea, but in reality it was just a re-tread of the ideas of 3, but far less original. It's also when the series became another NSMB (just like Paper Mario), with a stoic, defined map broken down in like 5 samey classic SMB locations (a typical forest, a typical desert, etc). Not a bad game, but it's just boring. If you're going to just make the most basic barebones world, why even make it an RPG?
5 is an even worse offender. It's basically a clone of 4, but by this time there is no semblance of originality left, completely becoming like NSMB. Another desert, another forest, another ice stage, etc. The plot is almost non-existant and completely formulaic. I am seriously baffled at why this needs to be an RPG if it doesn't use any strengths of RPGs. Why not make it an action platformer, then? The only thing going for it is it's actually more difficult, not as piss-easy as many other entires (at least it seemed to me that way). And 1 still has the best music.
It's dead.

you can by the name though :^)

I don't know shit about emulation please help.

Dolphin will run it fine, depending on your hardware. It's not that demanding.

If you can post that then you're smart enough to know how to use a search engine faggot.

But there's more than one emulator each with varying qualities, pros, and cons.

Some really good emulators are:
Dolphin for Gamecube
PCSX2 for PS2
ePSXe for PS1
Project 64 for N64
PPSSPP for PSP
DeSmuME for NDS

and there are some experimental emulators such as Citra for 3DS and Cemu for Wii U.

Then get to it, analyze it yourself or look up what other people say about it and if it suits whatever you're going to play.

The ONLY good Mario RPG is Super Mario RPG. Every other attempt has not even come close to that game, and in some cases have actively tarnished it through brand relation.
It is sad nothing like it will ever get made again despite there being so many "mario RPGs." It is kind of like the Terminator saga if the only good movie was the first instead of the first two. Sure the rest may not outright suck in everyway, but they aren't nearly good enough either.

Glupen64 for N64 without spyware
Drastic for NDS
Fixed

PCSX-R, rather

I tried it yesterday and it runs great so far finished chapter 1 with no problems, fun game

Super Mario RPG wins and it's not even close

Yoko is a female name.

you need to get laid bro

What the hell is wrong with me

it starts really, really slow. once you get mallow in your party and meet his grandpa things start to pick up

It's not about the plot or the amount of "shock value" I get per second, it's just for some reason something happens and I stop playing. It's fucking weird.

no, man, i mean that it's genuinely boring for the first hour or so. i get the same thing when i replay it and always have, even my first playthrough. it's not that nothing's happening, it's that nothing terribly engaging is happening. there comes a point where you genuinely want to push on and see what's next but the beginning is not it.

I didn't find what I played boring.

It depresses me that we won't ever get a M&L as good as SS. BiS comes close and has a soul of its own, but SS has something really special about it.

You might be able to boil this down to nostalgia and the fact that I was a kid when I played it, but SS feels mysterious and unexplainable at times. They just let you loose onto this place with random shit they don't even try to explain until you can get past them, like those turtles you can't get past, or the electric orb gates you can only pass by shocking. There's little details hidden everywhere, you can free roam into places you shouldn't necessarily be yet, the game doesnt really hold your hand, and there's a LOT of content.

Add to that the fact that the game is so frequently switching itself up in various ways with bizarre sequence changes. You're in a haunted/infected university this placed used to scare the shit out of me and all of the sudden you're fighting the main villain, okay now the beanstar is flying in the sky with you, now you crash land on the other side of the map and end up doing something totally different. The game never stagnates.

It's such an adventurous and unique feel. I love it, and the only other game that sort of feels like that is BiS.